Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Til Brunch Do Us Part

• Start Topic

On 4/19/2018 at 10:42 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

But he's not dead. Not dead. Not leaving your child fatherless. Still alive. I've often joked/said it would be easier if my ex would have died,  for the reasons listed and more,  but it wouldn't,  especially if he had died while we were happily married. 

This!  My husband died in 2016, my aunt's long term boyfriend left her in January of this year.  She took off of work for a week after the breakup, still cries about it everyday and just started medication because of the breakup.  She sees the asshole every weekend still.  Every time she cries over him, I just keep saying "he didn't die for fucks sake. You can still talk to him everyday and see him."  A breakup is not even close to a death.

• Love 5
On 5/19/2018 at 8:09 PM, stewedsquash said:

I loved b showing up late to her party, being first, and then joking (real time in the scene, not talking head) They messed up my late entrance. The party scene was really good, just enough drama without it being ridiculous. The start of a bunch of cracks to come, a set up. I thought they were ridiculous to jump on Carole about the texts.  Loved that Carole did have a text to b, since b did get defensive about it, then when Carole showed the text all of a sudden she shut up.

I mean, for real b, just sit the eff down at the table and then maybe Tinsley and Carole can speak to your face and not your mid section. They acknowledged you when you got there, you asked about the discussion, they answered, you were taking a bit of time to get all your stuff off you and hadn't sat down yet, so they were including you it is just hard to talk when two are sitting and one is still  standing. So you stomp off to the bathroom. Next time, get settled faster. Problem solved.

What was meant by Which Hampton's do you like better? That little snippet seemed to just end.

Loved Luann going to the cheese store and getting b a gift and also brunch stuff. Then going off to the hardware store. The only thing that could have made it better was if Ina had shown up somewhere in the scenes. It was so Hampton-ey. Probably not using the right local terminology for these places, and Ina probably lives on another side of the area. For me, down in NC, the whole place is "The Hampton's". 

I got no problem at all with Dorinda being a blabbermouth about the things Sonja said. Get it all out there. If she is going to sneakily talk smack about the others, by all means, spread it, so she can be called out for it. 

Why didn't Tinsley and Carole stay with Ramona? 

I think this is where it all started for me. At least the way they edited the sequence of events. This episode. Beth seemed very critical and ready to pounce. She was not pleased that Carole and Tinsley’s friendship was eclipsing her friendship with Carole.

Carole looked delighted when she saw Beth approach the table at Topping Rose. But when Carole didn’t say, “Where are you going? You’re going to the bathroom? Couldn’t you sit and chat with us first, then go? Oh, you’re still going to the bathroom? How long are you going to be? When are you coming back? Should I get off your jock? Maybe I should go with you? Tinsley, do you need to go?” Beth felt ignored or not worshipped. 

At Beth’s birthday dinner party, when they disagree about Carole responding to texts, I think Beth says, “No, you didn’t!” Beth uses a tone of voice and an intensity when she says this that is very unpleasant and aggressive. I would never speak to a loved one in this tone of voice. It’s demeaning, hurtful and completely unnecessary.

But, as usual, Beth defaults to the wolf-raised dynamic. It’s what she knows, is comfortable with, and why seek help? She’s wealthy and her employees “laugh” at her “jokes.” No need to change.  Bryn will be exactly like Beth*. Which is a good thing, Martha Stewart might opine.

*(unless Jason and the Hoppys can completely compensate for everything Beth tortures Bryn with)

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Carole looked delighted when she saw Beth approach the table at Topping Rose. But when Carole didn’t say, “Where are you going? You’re going to the bathroom? Couldn’t you sit and chat with us first, then go? Oh, you’re still going to the bathroom? How long are you going to be? When are you coming back? Should I get off your jock? Maybe I should go with you? Tinsley, do you need to go?” 

LOL!

But, as usual, Beth defaults to the wolf-raised dynamic.

wolf compressed.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7