Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Til Brunch Do Us Part

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Not to move her furniture around or carry her clothes up to her room. She was paying them to put up art. 

Yeah well, when she goes on vacation, the help that carries her luggage up ..  She also asks them to unpack and hang her clothes up, set her music up, etc.  She says she always tips them good.  I don't believe that.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Higgins said:

Then they don't have to be in the service industry. That's hospitality. 

Well in the case of this episode he wasn't in the hospitality industry, he was an artist.

• Love 20
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Mmmmm when your past is your present and you live in la la land is that such a stretch to ask? Don’t fault dorinda for asking that Sonja live in the here and now. Sonja lives in. Fantasy land her past is all sunshine and birds with her being Snow White in reality she was the evil queen and people are finally seeing she is a revisionist 

You have to laugh at some of the things she's said.

I only cook with a toaster oven because the food is so much tastier. No Sonya, you barely paid the electricity bill so you can use the toaster oven, National Grid is another story, you probably still owe Keyspan for your gas.

You can't use the elevator because I use it for my cleaning supply storage. No Sonja, the elevator doesn't work anymore. You had poor Chris March climb those stairs - you're lucky he didn't have a heart attack. I picture well ropes situated by the stairs and Pickles pulling the bucket up.

Sonja to Bethenny: I wore this outfit on a date with Prince Albert. No Sonja, you hooked up with a guy that had a Prince Albert.

I got this brooch from a Saudi Prince. Sure Sonya, was his name Prince Yabba-Dabba-Doo?

i-dont-believe-you.gif?w=685

• Love 23
44 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

The Carole and Tinsley friendship is like the Odd Couple. Is Carole making Tinsley her bitch?  First off, it is hard to think of Tinsley as an independent 40-something year old woman, and not a vapid sorority sister with a bad case of vocal fry and uptalk.

It is hard to think of Carole as an independent 50-something year old woman, so her friendship with Tinsley is not that much of a stretch, for me.

She lived with Adam so Tinsley's vocal fry is probably like music to Carole's ears.

Dorinda was off the chain, barking, and frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog at Sonja. Sonja played the fluffy Persian cat looking dumb but is secretly evil sitting there nonplussed, but all the while swishing her tail with a quiet contentment knowing that her nasty/nice stirred up a frothy stink bomb. 

This brought a tear to my eye. Just beautiful, man.

• Love 18
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Mmmmmmmm nooooo Sonja knew tinsleys parents and social background and there for knew she came from money so at no point did she not realize that she was throwing shade by saying Tinsley was being bankrolled by her Bf, making it sound like she only was with him to pay her bills and was penniless before he came along. 

I think Sonja being friends with Dale was a far fetched lie created to show Tinsley's connection to a HW.

• Love 5

Bethenny waiting for everyone to show up to her party reminded me of the Sex and the City episode where no one showed up to Carrie's birthday dinner.  

On 4/18/2018 at 9:40 PM, noveltylibrary said:

So desperate.   And for what?  I don't get what she sees in him AT ALL.

He very well may be a smart, funny, genuinely nice guy. Nothing wrong with that.  

On 4/18/2018 at 9:54 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I missed most of the discussion at Luann's as I was too busy looking the lipstick mark on Luann's white sweater

I rewound the scene four times just to see exactly how it got there.   Apparently, Dorinda was the culprit. 

• Love 5

This is sort of off topic, but Quincy was being discussed and I realized I had never seen her, so I googled.  Um, wikipedia has her as a 6'1" American football player.  Complete with a picture of a teenage girl who looks to be Sonja's spawn.  It made me giggle out loud!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, LIMOM said:

That makes total sense. It would explain why he and Corinne got together so quick. There is no loyalty among golddigers!

Where was Quincy in all of this?

Did she fly back home with her father or stay in St Tropez with Sonja?

Wonder if Corinne was one of her bridesmaids

1 hour ago, Barbara Please said:

Ramona thinks that if she bats her eyelashes, and sticks out her fake knockers and acts all "Gee wiz, ahahaha, I have a HUGE favor to ask of you" that it makes it somewhat okay to order people around to do manual labor for her. She always treats people like they are her personal servants. Hotel staff, business associates, and now a freelance artist is expected to move her shit around. If she can afford a Maserati, then she can hire a personal assistant to take care of stuff like that for a price. She absolutely sickens me. 

It is truly obnoxious. I might have forgiven her if the artist had offered to help her bring her stuff in, but I don't believe he did. I might have even been okay with her if as they were trying to figure out what pieces looked best in the house, she asked for their assistance in slightly shifting furniture around. However when she had them take her bags upstairs and move furniture to the second floor, I was done with her. Who fucking does that? No ma'am.

This is part and parcel why Carole has an interior designer that she's worked with twice, whose work has been featured in Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, and Southern Home and Ramona has an apartment that she redecorated from online shopping. If you were a professional providing a service to Ramona, would you ever want to work for her a second time. Furthermore, I would never pass along the name of a person/artist/what have you to Ramona if I planned on hiring that person again. She's the worst.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would compare Lu/Tom to Scheana/Rob.

So what is the deal with the cars? Another poster mentioned that it’s possible Bravo arranged something with a car dealership. Lu and Ramona both discussed their cars for a minute or two. I do not think Ramona is a Maserati kind of person.

I mentioned it - the episode seemed very car-centric. Also remember Sonja talk about her car at length too

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Harsh yes but with Sonja concerned you have to be harsh to get it thru her thick skull.   IMHO Dorinda was in the right--that's her DECEASED husband Sonja is talking about how dare she make a comparison to him and her husband that she was cheating on.

I don't think it matters how Sonja is approached - she is committed to her lies - 1000% vested.

Sonja may be dumpster diving next month rolling a Food Emporium cart down the street - and she'll insist she is simply using it to transport flowers from the Nursery and add that the cart is hers given to her by a Saudi Prince

• Love 16
18 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

THX is never enough! LuAnn elevated her text by saying "it was spelled out; T H A N K S!" These women are so petty; both sides! ;-)

I just text Tx and no one thinks anything of it.  I'd be in deep shit with these girls.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, beeziebee said:

This is sort of off topic, but Quincy was being discussed and I realized I had never seen her, so I googled.  Um, wikipedia has her as a 6'1" American football player.  Complete with a picture of a teenage girl who looks to be Sonja's spawn.  It made me giggle out loud!

Link, please ;)

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

I rewound the scene four times just to see exactly how it got there.   Apparently, Dorinda was the culprit. 

Well if someone was going to smear lipstick on my white sweater, let it be Dorinda.  John will have that cleaned and packed in tissue the next day.

• Love 18

I am shocked that Sonja has not announced that Quincy is going to pursue a career as a model.  

Dorinda should have told everyone that the reason Tinsley did not talk to Sonja at  Beth’s birthday dinner was because she told her what Sonja said about Scott paying for the Bergdorf gift card and her hotel bill, etc.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Jel said:

Hmm Bethenny says she asked Carole to stay at her house, and Carole said Bethenny says her house was too full. 

I'm inclined to believe Carole, but the whole "Unlike some people whose names I could mention, *I'm* actually great to my friends!" (and then she proceeds to call out her friend publicly in a PA way) makes me question that. I don't think "Carole is very self-aware" is gonna make the 2.0 list.

So Carole said on twitter that she assumed she was staying with Bethenny, but that she "had a full house" and so she had to stay at the hotel.  I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Yeah but, wasn't she paying them for a service?

She wasn't paying for their services to move furniture. They were there to deliver art. While they were there, she asked them to do her a favour. You don't ask someone for a favour if you're paying to have them there for the service you're about to ask from them. Maybe she gave them a tip but based on history, if she did it probably wasn't a good tip. She just thinks that 'help' is a broad term that can be used to ask for anything because she likely has the 'customer is always right' mentality. She doesn't even feel sorry for the way she speaks to workers when she demands their services. A resort worker isn't there to arrange your closet during your stay but if you ask them to, of course they're going to do it. They value their jobs even though their wages are often insultingly low. They likely appreciate tips from the guests and will do what they can to accommodate a guest in hopes of a tip.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

The only one I can think of who hasn't been condescending, manipulating or mean to her is Moaner. Or am I forgetting something?

I'm surprised that Ramona has interacted with anyone without being condescending, manipulative, or mean. Give her 10 minutes, and she's usually able to accomplish all three.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

I can't believe I've made it through 8 pages of comments and no one has mentioned Lady Morgan drinking tea out of a cup with the bag still in it and what looked like about 8 inches of string dangling between the lip of the cup and the tag. 

Oh, yeah. You reminded me: I don't think anyone has mentioned the foxy getup that Sonja's assistant had on. "All right, Mr. DeMille. I'm ready for my closeup."

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

I'm shocked that Ramona has interacted with anyone without being condescending, manipulative, or mean! Give her 10 minutes, and she's usually able to accomplish all three.

Remember when Simon came to Jill's Girl's Night?  That night, Ramona was all three and then some.

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

She wasn't paying for their services to move furniture. They were there to deliver art. While they were there, she asked them to do her a favour. You don't ask someone for a favour if you're paying to have them there for the service you're about to ask from them. Maybe she gave them a tip but based on history, if she did it probably wasn't a good tip. She just thinks that 'help' is a broad term that can be used to ask for anything because she likely has the 'customer is always right' mentality. She doesn't even feel sorry for the way she speaks to workers when she demands their services. A resort worker isn't there to arrange your closet during your stay but if you ask them to, of course they're going to do it. They value their jobs even though their wages are often insultingly low. They likely appreciate tips from the guests and will do what they can to accommodate a guest in hopes of a tip.

Alrighty, I get it.

• Love 4
On 4/18/2018 at 10:00 PM, Neurochick said:

Yikes, Dorinda is a mean drunk.  Maybe SHE needs an intervention, especially since she blacks out often and doesn't remember what she said or did, not a good look.

Dorinda doesn't amuse me anymore. I am done with her. Her disgusting rages where she gets in people's faces practically spitting her boozy saliva on them and throwing her hands in their face really comes off as a form of violence to me. Yes, Sonja can be an provocative ass, but to see Sonja sitting there looking intimidated and afraid was disturbing. Dorinda is a mess. That bubble dress with her bra strap hanging out under her weird nude leotard? She's just a mess who clearly needs treatment for her rage and alcohol issues. Her nasty, bullying temper is abusive and I'm surprised she doesn't get called out on it. It seemed obvious that when Sonja said "Oh we've heard that a thousand times" (or whatever he exact words were when Dorinda bought up Richard's death-again) it was in response to the women's frustration over Sonja always bringing up her marriage to Mr.Morgan, her daughter's father. For Dorinda to go that nutso (and not for the first time) was unwarranted. Dorinda was married to Richard for 7 years, prior to that he had another marriage and two children. I wonder how she treats them. I bet she was an absolute nightmare to for his family to deal with after his death.

• Love 8
On 4/19/2018 at 10:20 AM, poeticlicensed said:

Dorinda could benefit from therapy, because it's clear she has issues surrounding the death of her husband. I can see being overly emotional for a period of time, but it's been something like 7 years. I'm not putting a timeframe on grief, but that's a long to to go and still flip out when his name is brought up. 

He looks like a freaking corpse!

I was thinking the same thing! Gosh, how old is he? He looks like he's over 90.

Are those beer bottles on the table?

• Love 3

Who admits on national TV that they don't lock their doors?? 

It pains me to say it, since I like Bethenny a smidge more than I like Carole (though that's a low bar), but it seemed like Carole was correct in that argument about the texting. 

• Love 13

I think Dorinda cut off Lu because she'd been on the edge of her seat for days, just waiting for an opportunity to execute her plan and kill Sonja dead. 

No doubt. Dorinda claims to have a dossier on Sonja, which is some Kristen Doute-level shit. She never had any intention of having a fresh start with Sonja.

Her disgusting rages where she gets in people's faces practically spitting her boozy saliva on them and throwing her hands in their face really comes off as a form of violence to me.

One of these days Dorinda is going to pull her ragey act on the wrong person, and they're not going to make it nice on her ass.

Edited by jaync
punctuation
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Well in the case of this episode he wasn't in the hospitality industry, he was an artist.

True. However he wanted to sell large, heavy,  works of art. You might want to see how it works in the space and it looked like shit.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I mentioned it - the episode seemed very car-centric. Also remember Sonja talk about her car at length too

So I wonder if Bravo has gotten a divorce from Land Rover USA, or if they would simply like to add to the graft fleet.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

So I wonder if Bravo has gotten a divorce from Land Rover USA, or if they would simply like to add to the graft fleet.

If this is really the case, wouldn’t it be in the credits?

17 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

It's not okay for Sonja to speculate on Tinsley's present life either. You can dislike Dorinda's approach but the frustration she expressed with Sonja's lies and delusions was real and warranted.

Heh, the forum is doing that thing where it misquotes people because I didn't post that. :)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Do product placements show up in the credits?  Maybe they do.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dunlop was a believer into integrating product placement in the story from the get go. I always thought that it had to be noted. “Promotional placement provided by  nutri ninja”. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

True. However he wanted to sell large, heavy,  works of art. You might want to see how it works in the space and it looked like shit.

Right but he is not there to haul heavy furniture up and down the stairs.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Right but he is not there to haul heavy furniture up and down the stairs.

Ramona pulls some sort of Jedi Mind trick on these people.

They couldn't think of an excuse on the fly. One of them could have said I have a bad back so I can't lift heavy furniture. The artist could have said, I can't afford for my hands to be injured.

You know I love my Ramona...but I was hoping that when the artist put the wiring behind her TV the TV would fall. Ramona wouldn't be able to sue him, because she asked someone without the proper professional credentials to help her.

• Love 3
On 4/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, AttackTurtle said:

Is it clear as to whether Carole didn’t stay at Bethenney’s because she had s full house or did she simply not want to stay with Bethenny?  

On a shallow note...Luanne in her Veterans Day attire was gorgeous.  And I absolutely love her house.

i won’t spoil it here, but the preview for next week at the dinner party is absolutely hilarious.

I am a bleeding heart liberal, but Carole turned me off last year with her almost “eletist” attitude about the election.  She can be incredibly snotty and condescending.  She was snotty towards Luanne in her first season, but aligned with her in her next season because she wanted allies against Aviva.  By the next season they were on the outs again.  I don’t think she ever liked Luanne.

Bethenny has always been loud & outspoken, but she does let things go.  I think Carole is the more likely of the two to make a mountain out of a molehill. (ETA- I am in the minority on this board, but I live Bethenny). 

You are completely right on with your assessment of Carole.    

In her interview talking heads, she always spews such negativity and looks so very pleased with her own  cleverness.   Gag!  

Carole likes to have one "friend"...accomplice   whatever  to sit with on the sidelines to gripe with, to the exclusion of the other ladies. She purposely makes everyone else feel like the odd man out.    Elitist snob is right!    She can  keep on running right off my screen.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Dunlop was a believer into integrating product placement in the story from the get go. I always thought that it had to be noted. “Promotional placement provided by  nutri ninja”. 

I would have howled if Luann bought her The Bullet.

The non blender kind - without batteries

Then when Sonya complained - Luann could give her a fork and say Mash Bitch Dahling

• Love 4

Carole’s description of Sonja on the drive to the Hamptons was sharp and accurate, to me:  “she does that floozy with a big heart routine but she’s really, she’s not nice.”   This is why Sexy J and Dorinda will always be oil and vinegar (tm Ramona.)   Sonja has an ability to charm, at first, and while she may be diagnosably delusional, she’s an absolute viper.  She’s projected garbage (clearly lives on her HW money and child support but Tinsley is a dependent adult, and she said the same about Lu in a previous season), lies (claimed Tom was her lover when some genius here said a 5 lays in 10 years man is just a break the glass in case of emergency dick: RESPECT), lies (Russ, Carole’s ex, tried to get with her: um no), lies (claims Doris on some level pursued Tipsy Girl so whyyyyyyy didn’t B rip a strip off of Doris, too?), lies (about the lawsuit, the bankruptcy, the parties she threw “everybody Wednesday for 12 years,” her fashion line, her marriage, her first marriage, her employment history, my fingers are getting tired).   She lied - in front of LuAnn’s non-Housewife brunch guest, who is not thin, and that was no accident, because she is a BIG bitch - that she could always eat anything and is always thin but for the antidepressant she doesn’t need because she’s not depressed just totally super busy from getting dumped 13 years ago - like we don’t see her lipo scars during every vacation when she wears a bikini.   Sonja lies about everything, and that is actually about literally true, and when that’s boring, she spreads rumors about everyone to gossip outlets for remuneration - favors, job security.  She hasn’t had a scene without her lying.   Not one.  She’s extra.  She may be certifiable, but she’s more fundamentally and certainly mean. 

I actually like that some are genuinely troubled by how angry Dorinda was from jump.  I think the first trigger was that  Dorinda was not eager to see Lu give shelter to more bullshit: she says, oh honey has had it so hard so that Sonja eventually backs Lu up and says, we should lay off of Lu and Tom.  It’s so desperate of Lu.   Every other divorced Ho on the show has been divorced more recently than Sonja: both of Lu’s.  Tins.  Beth. Ramona.  Carole’s widowhood preceded Sonja’s divorce; Dorinda’s didn’t.   I mean, this is just totally ridiculous and insulting.   Either Sonja’s 5150 eligible, and any siblings should step in, or she can get read.

Anyone else notice how Ramona’s eyes lit up when Dorinda’s rant got to “and you were fucking around in the South of France!”  Like, Ramona’s eyebrows shot up as far as Botox allows, and she put on and wiped a smirk off her own face within a second.   Um.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
Floozy not bluesy!
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Higgins said:

Yeah but, wasn't she paying them for a service?

To deliver and install art. Not to be her moving guys. 

8 hours ago, Higgins said:

Then they don't have to be in the service industry. That's hospitality. 

I've worked hospitality, believe me when I say her demeanor is demeaning. She treats people like shit and talks to them like garbage. No one signs on for that. I'm unsure how the difference isn't clear. 

• Love 17