Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Birthday Fever

• Start Topic

That gangplank and the rusty chain link fence was EVERYTHING !

If I knew I was going to be getting on a boat of any kind, I wouldn't have worn stilettos.  

55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Did anyone see the commercial with Kyle and Mauricio for the new 50 Shades movie?  It was kind of skeevy and very cringe worthy with them comparing themselves to the Shades characters and implying the S&M aspect.  Ick... 

I had more to say and now it's gone from my brain.  I'm sending my sweet 14 year old black cat to his big sleep in a few hours and just can't seem to think of anything else but that right now. :-( 

The commercial with Kyle and Mauricio was TMI for me!   (electcmoi, I am so sorry about your cat.  Hugs.)

• Love 8

Another fun episode that made me laugh out loud at multiple points. I got a kick out of Rinna highlighting the bad boat trips from the past three seasons. Then we have the Dorit/Teddi argument going on only to cut to Rinna and Ericka talking about what a nice evening they've been having. 

Oh, I also laughed when Rinna was reading out Teddi's awkward text message. Agreed with those who feel like the potluck idea doesn't seem like the most sensible plan considering how long the drive to Dana Point is. Dorinda didn't expect the NY ladies to bring a bunch of food with them to the Berkshires for example.

That being said, I think the ladies should just roll with it and try to have a good time. I like that Kyle thought, "Okay, I'll bring lasagna." She seems like an easy and fun guest to have around. I'd actually be curious to see what each lady would bring. I feel like it would give us another glimpse into their personality and thought process. I admit that I would be amused if Dorit brings snifters, tumblers, flutes and assorted stemware along with all of the corresponding alcohol.

Since I'm weirdly fascinated about who will bring what to the potluck if they do indeed end up bringing stuff--here's what I've come up with: Dorit can bring the booze. Rinna doesn't really eat so maybe she'll just bring an assortment of pills along with one of Harry Hamlin's yummy looking fruit pies. Ericka can bring some sausage to go with Kyle's lasagna. Lisa loves her salads so I see her bringing that. Am I missing anyone?

Yes, I've spent way too much time thinking about this.

• Love 21
29 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I like to think that he fast roped on from an Uber copter.

I thought Kyle mentioning that there are Uber copters the most interesting part of this episode.

12 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

The blonde woman who stood next to PK while Dorit and Boy George were performing was sure playing it up for the cameras.

Yeah, it looked like it was her RH audition...

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I thought Kyle mentioning that there are Uber copters the most interesting part of this episode.

UberChopper isn't all the time and only goes certain places.  Like there's service to Coachella every year and there's been Labor Day rides from downtown to Malibu.  Supposedly there will be Uber air taxis in LA in 2020.  Blade is kind of like Uber for helicopters and does flights in LA.  There might be others, but I'm never in the market for helicopter rides so I don't keep on top of it.

• Love 2

I like that Kyle thought, "Okay, I'll bring lasagna." She seems like an easy and fun guest to have around. I'd actually be curious to see what each lady would bring. I feel like it would give us another glimpse into their personality and thought process. I admit that I would be amused if Dorit brings snifters, tumblers, flutes and assorted stemware along with all of the corresponding alcohol.

Yeah, the Real Housewives of the Beverly Hills Potluck dinner doesn't seem right!  It would be fun to see what they'd come up with though.   I'm with Kyle, to take potluck long distance is tricky, just depends on the dish.  

As I have said before, I wish that Teddi would quit apologizing for her wealth.  She may not be on the financial level of LVP or of Dorit's supposed wealth, but she should just roll with it.  When Kyle first started on this show, she didn't appear to have the financial means (not that she was poor) like LVP, but she blended in just fine with everybody.  Now look at her!  She & Mauricio are doing great.  I hope she remains somewhat humble, but never apologizes for their success, or looks down on others (I don't think she would do that.)   

• Love 8
9 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The strapless gown that Dorit wore wasn't the problem.

Dorit+Kemsley+iGo+live+Launch+Event+Arri

It's her botched boobs.

I think one is bigger than the other, they've "deflated" so she duct tapes them up like MJ from the Shahs giving her the smashed potato look.

She needs to get them fixed.

How is Dorit paying for PK's party? - She's going to use "his" stolen money - Bwahahaha

Dorit looks like the POS she is. Her boob job is laughable.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Rinna's new puppy they showed in this episode

21690607_278588639323886_620315491695801

On the plus side little puppy, apparently the Hamlin household has plenty of real squeaky toys to chase!  

I'm sorry for your loss electramoi.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Hah!

Can we talk for a second about Mauricio and Teddi's husband speaking Spanish at dinner.  Muy bien!

Teddi's husband is from Columbia, so Spanish is his first language. Speaking it is not a big deal. He's also a homely, horse face.

Edited by sol y luna
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

I had more to say and now it's gone from my brain.  I'm sending my sweet 14 year old black cat to his big sleep in a few hours and just can't seem to think of anything else but that right now. :-( 

Oh, Eclectcmoi, I am so sorry to read this. I've been in that place so many times, and my heart goes out to you. You will have your black cat forever in your heart, and I can promise you'll hear him purring in your sleep forever. My long-ago cats and dogs visit me regularly in my dreams. Much love to you.

• Love 18

First let me say I normally like and enjoy Doriet. I think she is beautiful, smart and it shows how she adores her children. That being said, I do not understand her blizzard behaviour at the very end of the last episode. It was so very unnecessary and curt.

She just threw a wonderful lavish party for her husband, and  I'm sure it cost a small fortune...Instead of dragging Teddi away to talk about "proper glass" subject, shouldn't she, as the hostess been mingling and talking to her guests? PK's parents were there, his brothers, many many friends and associates, she had just got done singing a tribute to PK with boy George and had other duties I would imagine than talk about that stupid wine glass again?! Should NOT of been brought up at the party..email, text, phone Etc....And as long as we are on the subject of Doriets opinion of "etiquette"...what kind of high class etiquette is it to call a guest, whom you've never met, at a fancy dinner party a C--T??!! Much more a breech than a champagne glass. Bad ending, sad behaviour to an otherwise good episode, does anyone agree? Teddy will probably end up leaving, just like Eileen. A shame!!

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

First let me say I normally like and enjoy Doriet. I think she is beautiful, smart and it shows how she adores her children. That being said, I do not understand her blizzard behaviour at the very end of the last episode. It was so very unnecessary and curt.

She just threw a wonderful lavish party for her husband, and  I'm sure it cost a small fortune...Instead of dragging Teddi away to talk about "proper glass" subject, shouldn't she, as the hostess been mingling and talking to her guests? PK's parents were there, his brothers, many many friends and associates, she had just got done singing a tribute to PK with boy George and had other duties I would imagine than talk about that stupid wine glass again?! Should NOT of been brought up at the party..email, text, phone Etc....And as long as we are on the subject of Doriets opinion of "etiquette"...what kind of high class etiquette is it to call a guest, whom you've never met, at a fancy dinner party a C--T??!! Much more a breech than a champagne glass. Bad ending, sad behaviour to an otherwise good episode, does anyone agree? Teddy will probably end up leaving, just like Eileen. A shame!!

I am sure there was far more to the party that when we saw. The producers pick and chose what they want us to see and it isn't unheard of for production to encourage 1 HW to confront another to up the drama. I suspect that Dorit's party was going far too nice for productions liking, so they encouraged Dorit/Teddi to "talk" and Lisa/Kyle to help the conversation. That said, it is up to each HW to do productions bidding or not and I think Dorit should have just let it go. LOL

As far as Dorit calling Camille a see u next Tuesday, they aren't strangers, the met last season. No, they aren't friends that can joke like Dorit tried to do but they weren't strangers either. I don't think Teddi will leave next season based on what we have seen so far and Eileen left because she is now working on 2 separate soap operas and had no time for the HW show. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Dorit wants to be cast as the  villain to guarantee a HW spot next season.  The last two episodes she made a point of yelling "When did I become the villain?!".   She's so transparent!

• Love 16

When Kyle first started on this show, she didn't appear to have the financial means (not that she was poor) like LVP, but she blended in just fine with everybody.  Now look at her!  She & Mauricio are doing great.

Yeah but aren't K&M much wealthier now than when the show first started?

• Love 2

What bewilders me is that apparently Dorit think her breasts are fabulous because she puts them on display any chance she gets.  Personally, I find them disturbing.  Really disturbing.  And the women freaks out about the glass her beverage is being served in?  Have you looked in the mirror?  Those 'girls' need to go back to the shop pronto.  Those breasts meet my definition of disturbing.

I don't know if Mauricio rented a helicopter or what.  He got there.  That's a good husband.  I think more likely he had someone arrange for a speedboat to take him.  These cruises don't go very far off land.

I don't have a problem with Teddi having a potluck.  Get creative girls...instead of putting it down.  When Kyle said she didn't know if they had a cooler I was like huh?  But I did appreciate that she said she would bring lasagna.   And Erika making fun of it...  Oh c'mon, you all came from mostly humble beginnings.  Bring it down a notch and get real.  Meet the 'challenge'.  

I don't think it's appropriate to call any woman a c u n t whether your making a joke or not.  And I didn't think Erika was appropriate when she wore her necklace.  It's a vile word. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Another fun episode that made me laugh out loud at multiple points. I got a kick out of Rinna highlighting the bad boat trips from the past three seasons. Then we have the Dorit/Teddi argument going on only to cut to Rinna and Ericka talking about what a nice evening they've been having. 

Oh, I also laughed when Rinna was reading out Teddi's awkward text message. Agreed with those who feel like the potluck idea doesn't seem like the most sensible plan considering how long the drive to Dana Point is. Dorinda didn't expect the NY ladies to bring a bunch of food with them to the Berkshires for example.

That being said, I think the ladies should just roll with it and try to have a good time. I like that Kyle thought, "Okay, I'll bring lasagna." She seems like an easy and fun guest to have around. I'd actually be curious to see what each lady would bring. I feel like it would give us another glimpse into their personality and thought process. I admit that I would be amused if Dorit brings snifters, tumblers, flutes and assorted stemware along with all of the corresponding alcohol.

Since I'm weirdly fascinated about who will bring what to the potluck if they do indeed end up bringing stuff--here's what I've come up with: Dorit can bring the booze. Rinna doesn't really eat so maybe she'll just bring an assortment of pills along with one of Harry Hamlin's yummy looking fruit pies. Ericka can bring some sausage to go with Kyle's lasagna. Lisa loves her salads so I see her bringing that. Am I missing anyone?

Yes, I've spent way too much time thinking about this.

Me too!!

But I fully expect Lisa to just send one of her VPR minions with Pump takeout and call it a day. The rest probably order sushi via postmates or pick up a bottle of veuve on the way down.

I'm a fan of a good potluck but lasagna that's been sitting in the back of Kyle's car just doesn't sound very appetizing. I really want to like Teddy but the "cool girl" thing is starting to feel contrived. How hard is it to pull together dinner for the five guests she invited? She could order pizza on paper plates and it still would look better than the prison slop Dorit served in Hermès.

The whole Dana Point sleepover is a weird choice. They are really skimping on the trips this season.

• Love 5

I actually don't think that when Teddi talked about "pot luck" she meant like the Methodist Church kind where everyone brings a dish to pass. I think she meant a more casual affair, where she wouldn't have to worry about which forks ( or glass ware) to use.  If people are driving all the way from BH and spending a day or two, I doubt she meant they'd have to bring something.  I don't blame Teddi or Dorit for the stupidly of the fights this season. This is producer inspired, and since these two have the least tenure, they have been designated as the fighters.  I think this show needs some new, more creative producers.Have they not been reading?  We are interested in rich people stuff, with fancy parties, over the top homes and designer labels - not manufactured drama!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think it's appropriate to call any woman a c u n t whether your making a joke or not.  And I didn't think Erika was appropriate when she wore her necklace.  It's a vile word. 

Deadwood fan here.  And "loopy fuckin' c***" is my most sincere term of endearment.  Words only have power if you let them.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I actually don't think that when Teddi talked about "pot luck" she meant like the Methodist Church kind where everyone brings a dish to pass. I think she meant a more casual affair, where she wouldn't have to worry about which forks ( or glass ware) to use.  If people are driving all the way from BH and spending a day or two, I doubt she meant they'd have to bring something.  I don't blame Teddi or Dorit for the stupidly of the fights this season. This is producer inspired, and since these two have the least tenure, they have been designated as the fighters.  I think this show needs some new, more creative producers.Have they not been reading?  We are interested in rich people stuff, with fancy parties, over the top homes and designer labels - not manufactured drama!

I love how my church is known for potlucks.  LOL.  All of our work for social justice and we are known for green bean casseroles and jello salads.  LOL. 

6 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Dorit wants to be cast as the  villain to guarantee a HW spot next season.  The last two episodes she made a point of yelling "When did I become the villain?!".   She's so transparent!

I think you hit the nail on the head.  She is choosing to act all sorts of crazy because she thinks it is going to guarantee a spot for herself next season.  Plus, she didn’t really have any repercussions from her poor behavior last season. I want it to bite her in the butt. 

5 hours ago, breezy424 said:

What bewilders me is that apparently Dorit think her breasts are fabulous because she puts them on display any chance she gets.  Personally, I find them disturbing.  Really disturbing.  And the women freaks out about the glass her beverage is being served in?  Have you looked in the mirror?  Those 'girls' need to go back to the shop pronto.  Those breasts meet my definition of disturbing.

Were her boobs this bad last year?  Did she cover them up a bit more?  Or have I just repressed as much of Dorit as possible?

• Love 5
16 hours ago, jaync said:

So, Erika basically said she was a prostitution whore when she met Tom.

I've always been a fan of his, but the man has got to smell like a walking R.J. Reynolds factory. I wonder if Teddi holds him accountable for almost making her fatherless when she was a kid?

Because it wasn't an exclamation point? ;)

Mauricio has gained weight (or was bloated).

I don't think that is fair. We have all have flaws and bad habits. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, rho said:

She could order pizza on paper plates and it still would look better than the prison slop Dorit served in Hermès.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I find Kyle to be the most down to earth, least pretentious of the BH housewives, besides Teddi.

• Love 17

I’m a laid back lady myself and understand how Teddi dreads those pretentious parties.  It’s like torture for me.  I also don’t care what type of glass I’m given for a drink and might not serve the right glass to a guest but I will cook my ass off and serve you a great meal and make you feel very comfortable and at home.  That is why I don’t understand Teddi having a potluck dinner.  Can’t she throw some things on a grill or order from a local restaurant?  They mostly eat salad and vegetables anyway if they eat at all.  BTW, have we seen Teddi eat?

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Juniebaby said:

I’m a laid back lady myself and understand how Teddi dreads those pretentious parties.  It’s like torture for me.  I also don’t care what type of glass I’m given for a drink and might not serve the right glass to a guest but I will cook my ass off and serve you a great meal and make you feel very comfortable and at home.  That is why I don’t understand Teddi having a potluck dinner.  Can’t she throw some things on a grill or order from a local restaurant?  They mostly eat salad and vegetables anyway if they eat at all.  BTW, have we seen Teddi eat?

Just my opinion, but maybe she is just trying to do something different? At this point, all manner of party and catering has been done. I agree it is not really practical, considering the drive and all, but then again these gals are not known to be practical. Watching them try to walk in their shoes as they got on that boat being example #1. 

• Love 12
On 1/31/2018 at 1:06 AM, NeverLate said:

I wish she'd wear it all the time. The jacket she paid over $300 for, looked so fugly!

I like Erika with Dorit. They play off one another, nicely..

Erika was very kind in this episode. But I read a lot into the fact that she purchased the same jacket that the sales associate was wearing.

Ken never looks happy. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, jaync said:

So, Erika basically said she was a prostitution whore when she met Tom.

I've always been a fan of his, but the man has got to smell like a walking R.J. Reynolds factory. I wonder if Teddi holds him accountable for almost making her fatherless when she was a kid?

Because it wasn't an exclamation point? ;)

Mauricio has gained weight (or was bloated).

All true!!!

23 hours ago, bosawks said:

If being down to earth means having a pot luck at my beach home I think I'm doing down to earth wrong........

I'm no richy rich, not by a loooong shot, but I live at the beach and we ain't fancy! At least on the East Coast (in the south) us beach dwellers are mostly known as old hippies or artists or retired. It's a pretty easy life style. My apartment is 3 blocks from the beach (2 bedrooms-not 5) and the main way to get around for the "natives" is bicycles. They are everywhere! Probably drive those snotty bitches NUTS after one day. 

17 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL

But (and not to start a war of the roses) go I fear your standards are debased compared to mine, beloved Queen of Walnuts --  I myself doth eschew any whose language is not that of the Bard himself (who said of PK: "Yon slick fucker") and my wine is poured only by mine butler  (an escaped lunatic named Bug Breath) and my glassware freshly blown for each drink requested.  (All very "To the manor bore", as the saying doesn't:) 

You might be right. 

If nothing else  (at least to me) both Dorit and Lisa feel like they have a prissy-stick up their mutual ass, in comparison to the easy breezy Cali lifestyle Teddi (at least seems) to be living.  (eta: Dorit isn't good for Lisa's energy, imo.  With Kyle, Lisa has a fun & sloppy edge  -- around Dorit, she becomes fuss-potty. Like her Brit class consciousness is kicking in, and she wants to be seen as to the manor born,  and slumming it/pretending to be down home.)

You said that so much nicer (and funnier) then I would have! I was like"So you're the grammar police? Geese go drink your Coke out of a wine glass and CHILL!"

• Love 4

All I know about fancy boats is what I've seen on Below Deck BUT they always have to take off there shoes so as not to make holes in the floor (deck?) Then I realized that was just a rent a dinner "yacht". We have one here for company dinners and tourists. So I guess that was any "fancy" yacht.

• Love 2

I don't like Dorit, but she threw one hell of a party minus that terrible number she did with Boy George but PK seemed to like to so... girl, I guess. The limo to the helicopter to a boat to another boat was ridiculous though. 

On 1/30/2018 at 10:39 PM, Fiero425 said:

I guess LVP is a real friend to Dorit since she puts up with it all and backs her play against any and all comers! She blew off Kyle if you saw the prevue to support Dorit again! I'm no fan of any of them, but LVP loves playing it down the middle, but behind other people's back she's totally different! She's FOS in so many ways! ;-)

LVP is a real friend to PK. If they should ever divorce, PK would get custody of LVP and Ken. Know that! Yolanda didn't. LOL! 

If PK is indeed going through all these financial issues, which seemed like they did receive some media attention, why hasn't he been exposed by the likes of The Daily Mail? Yet they are posting stories about b-day dinners with his daughter and her friends and doing pieces on Dorit. 

I've been liking Camille, hell I loved to hate original recipe S1 Camille, but her calling Dorit boring is rich. Camille PR rehabbed her way out of a job due to this:

w630_lifestylecover.jpg

S2 she literally walked around with her PR agent and wouldn't say or do anything without his okay for fear it would effect her reputation. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

Camile had a devious plot to destroy her co-star, Kyle?!

Really? Never was a fan of this franchise and have only started watching the last couple seasons, but Kyle was never a fave because of how she allowed things to happen around her! It's one thing to be passive and want to go along to get along, but the attacks on her sister were gratuitous! She let Rinna abuse Kim in her own home, all but joining in on the ridicule! Tell me if I'm reading it wrong, but it wasn't until the last year or 2 that she finally "went at Rinna" for her vicious attacks! At the reunion she's still pulling punches saying "I'm not responsible for Kim; I'm not her mother" when Rinna asked her why she allows Kim to say things about her! Rinna says her life is so perfect, but it looks as if she relishes being the b!tch and stirring the $#!t! Going after Ken with that gossip about the lawsuit proves she has nothing but time on her hand, regardless of how she loves to make out her schedule's so full she can barely think! What a chucklehead! ;-(

• Love 1

I haven't read all the comments, but I just wanted to say that  was NOT a yacht! It reminded me of a dinner cruise boat. I have been on them for parties and a wedding. And the speedboat was pathetic. Why not rent a yacht with a helipad if that's what you are going for.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I haven't read all the comments, but I just wanted to say that  was NOT a yacht! It reminded me of a dinner cruise boat. I have been on them for parties and a wedding. And the speedboat was pathetic. Why not rent a yacht with a helipad if that's what you are going for.  

Yes! It was not a Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous yacht.  I saw some of the most amazing yachts docked in Monte Carlo last week but I did not see helipads on any of them.  

That boat reminded me of the intimate dinner for 2 that Simon arranged for Alex from RHoNY, (the night when the limo driver ruined the surprised), lol.

• Love 3

Your comment made me think of this:

anigif_original-grid-image-26157-1425927

Yes! It was not a Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous yacht.  I saw some of the most amazing yachts docked in Monte Carlo last week but I did not see helipads on any of them.  

I've seen some with helipads. Thought he only time I saw one being used was when it was docked outside of Port Hercules.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That boat reminded me of the intimate dinner for 2 that Simon arranged for Alex from RHoNY, (the night when the limo driver ruined the surprised), lol.

"YOU'RE RUINING THE SURPRISE!"  Cut to a very stressed out looking Alex.

Good times.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Your comment made me think of this:

anigif_original-grid-image-26157-1425927

I've seen some with helipads. Thought he only time I saw one being used was when it was docked outside of Port Hercules.

If Dorit ever got on this yacht she'd go ape shit with the mirrors. Hidden glassware bar? Scallopped silver leaf walls - new hairdo Een Spah Rah Shown

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

We are seven episodes in and Teddi has had a children's class at her home, taken some of the ladies to a horse competition, and spa day.  None of them were terribly glitzy and Teddi may be feeling a little overwhelmed.   She is obviously sensitive to criticism and not shy about handing it out and then leaning back and saying she is over it. By nature she is a competitive person and she speaks in comparisons.  To me it feels like more of a Top Chef challenge than a RH scene.  If you are having a potluck-for such a small group, you would most likely ask each person to bring a main, or side, dessert or beverages.  Part of Teddi's potluck dumb idea may be that she is uncomfortable with cooking and according to her lifestyle blogs she has a very strict regime when it comes to food.  For example she has no carbs with dinner and doesn't eat for three hours before going to bed.  She might as well have just told the ladies to bring their own vittles.  Teddi was very gracious about Dorit's dinner and many people have labeled it slop.  It is just Moraccan fare. I thought Erika was hysterical about the Jello salad, with marshmallows, no less.  I don't think making a salad and buying a dessert and barbecuing some steaks would have been all that difficult and totally doable.   The other option, which is often employed, on these shows, is bringing in a chef for the evening. Teddy just seems to be trying too hard to be counter culture.  Teddi has had beautiful weddings and been in the high price world of horses.  Granted she had six years of French and only knows, "bonjour", but I do think she knows how to throw a party or call a caterer. She really doesn't know these women so it is a tad presumptuous to issue an invitation with an option of staying at a hotel and bring food.  

Teddi seems to have great expectations of her guests, or at least Dorit.  She wanted her at her home early to have an accountability talk, said should would not have invited her if she knew she would turn down the amenities, and was suppose to apologize to Camille.  Teddi talked, didn't listen to Dorit and made the assessment the day was a disaster when the ladies didn't undress and robe up for the spa day.  Teddi didn't either so I don't understand why she found it so frustrating that Dorit didn't take advantage.   The irony is it was suppose to be a "thank you" party for including her in the Las Vegas trip.  Since Dorit was the one who invited her it seemed odd she had all these conditions for Dorit.  Teddi seems to have a sense of humor about her obsessiveness and obvious need for control by posting self-deprecating GIFs but the thing about self-depricating humor is you can't get upset when others point out the same thing about you.  She is wound tight, which makes her a great RH candidate.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

She is obviously sensitive to criticism and not shy about handing it out and then leaning back and saying she is over it. By nature she is a competitive person and she speaks in comparisons.  To me it feels like more of a Top Chef challenge than a RH scene. 

I don't see that about Teddi at all.

Part of Teddi's potluck dumb idea may be that she is uncomfortable with cooking and according to her lifestyle blogs she has a very strict regime when it comes to food.  For example she has no carbs with dinner and doesn't eat for three hours before going to bed. 

Again, not sure I see that. If anything, I found people that picky about their food, seem to be very comfortable with cooking, if only to make sure they're getting exactly what they want.

Teddi was very gracious about Dorit's dinner and many people have labeled it slop.  It is just Middle Eastern fare. 

I'm Middle Eastern, and we don't have anything like that in my country.

Teddy just seems to be trying too hard to be counter culture

I don't think she is trying, I think she is just genuinely laid back and chill.

She really doesn't know these women so it is a tad presumptuous to issue an invitation with an option of staying at a hotel and bring food.  

I'm not sure how that is presumptuous. Giving people the option to stay at a hotel is just being nice by giving people an option. As for bringing food, well, it is a potluck dinner...

Teddi seems to have great expectations of her guests, or at least Dorit.

Teddi talked, didn't listen to Dorit

Are we watching the same show?

Teddi didn't either so I don't understand why she found it so frustrating that Dorit didn't take advantage.   

I think the issue was that Dorit was being an asshole about it. Which, has been par for the course this season with regards to Dorit.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

I'm Middle Eastern, and we don't have anything like that in my country.

PK himself said it. He said it's my favorite dish we call Moroccan Rice but it's not Moroccan.

I wonder what Fashion show Dorit was at that Een spah rud thus daysh

• Love 4
On January 31, 2018 at 10:03 AM, walnutqueen said:

I stopped reading this topic after someone typed "must of".  I can tolerate all kinds of nutfuckery from Bravo whores, but I must draw a line in the SoCal beach sand ...

So - apologies to all who should've, would've received my LIKES.

I was going to ❤️ your post until I saw you wrote "must of".  In the US, it's "must of." ??

ETA: note where the period is placed wrt the quotation marks. 

Edited by AUJulia
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

I was going to ❤️ your post until I saw you wrote "must of".  In the US, it's "must of." ??

I'm confused....Where in the US is "must of" considered correct?  Surely nowhere?

• Love 10