Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Birthday Fever

• Start Topic

IMO, technically they were on a 'yacht' but many people wouldn't consider it as such.  Yeah, for me it was a typical dinner cruise boat.  I was on one last summer for an anniversary cruise.  Actually, I thought the one we were on was nicer than what Dorit got. 

Dorit is all about image.  Ya know.  The helicopter entrance....  Sorry Dorit.  You're not impressing.

I thought the yacht that the housewives were on for dinner in Amsterdam was so much nicer.  I loved the 'wood' and finishes. 

We'll see what 'potluck' is all about next week.  I've brought a dish for a holiday family meal on an over an hour drive.  I could have brought it farther.  I realize that most of these women don't have any understanding of a cooler or insulated bag.  Maybe it's time they get back to their roots.  I just don't see it as a big deal.  I think it's actually kind of funny.  Just like these women trying to walk down a gangplank wearing stilettos.  What would make that scene even funnier if they were told to take their shoes off when they got to the vessel deck.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I want Dorit to bring her famous bowl of Fancy Feast.

My vet tells me Fancy Feast gives cats the shits. 

Coke does the same thing for humans, or so I've been told.  Go ask Dorit.

6 hours ago, AUJulia said:

I hope she used the correct stemware. 

Dom should be guzzled (said someone unaware of a fine vintage until it was too late).  Or poured over tragic tits.  Dorito - your cleavage should not be battling with your Ramona Singer eyes.  Pick a lane.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

Hell... I'd bring onion dip and potato chips to Teddi's potluck just to enjoy the reaction of LVP and Dorit and really probably the rest of the ladies too. '

Off-topic... thanks to all who commented with kind words about my Bop.  He left us very peacefully last night and is now and forever in our hearts. 

Onion dip is always a hit!  That and deviled eggs.  I would love to see one of them bring some of those as well.  And not fancy ones with caviar or lox on top!

• Love 13
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

What is with Kyle making comments about LVP and being in a twin bed.  Twice they have had LVP in a twin bed when Kyle took the more luxury room.  Kyle is kind of being a little two faced.

From my recollection those instances were when a group traveled together, arrived and claimed rooms, and then LVP came swanning in several hours later and acted miffed that she got what was left.  As if someone else should have taken the twin beds to leave the master suite for her :D

7 hours ago, film noire said:

Tsk tsk - I'd expect a latex opera glove at such a swank affair ; )

In the caviar or fancy dessert - of course.  In a utilitarian salad, a regular latex glove is fine.  It's important to get the right kind of glove for each dish :)

7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I am at a loss as to how a food prep person could lose a glove and a server not notice it in the salad?  They must have some very low mood lighting.

If they are hard up for $$ maybe that was Dorit's way of getting a discount on the bill :D

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, princelina said:

In the caviar or fancy dessert - of course.  In a utilitarian salad, a regular latex glove is fine.  It's important to get the right kind of glove for each dish :)

Ha! ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

One of the main things I like about Ericka is that she dresses appropriately for what she is doing (although probably in sweats that cost way too much).  If she's going to be on a plane for 20 hours, she dresses for that.  If she's going to a spa day, she dresses like she plans to participate.  When everyone else over dresses, it doesn't make her question  her worth.

That reminds me, wasn't it Dorito who had a fit last year over the t-shirt dress that Erika wore to a party she was giving? It was an expensive designer dress (though you would not know it) and Dorito thought she was totally underdressed. At least from what I remember it was Dorito because I can't see anyone else caring or calling attention to it. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Aw Walnutqueen, I too have a failing memory as I forgot that you are indeed Canadian!! Which means that your punctuation was totally correct! I live in the Okanagan Valley and remember you saying you love it. But Fort Langley is my second favourite place to be! My maternal great grandparents on both sides settled there in the early 1900s and great grandmother was instrumental in getting the beautiful community hall built. I have a ton of family history in that place! I love that the parts of the town are used in so many shows including Riverdale and the Bates Motel series. So nice to reconnect with you over our shared love! 

Regarding potlucks, I have loved them since childhood, growing up in a small town where our church would host potlucks and much of the town would turn out. The funny thing I have found with potlucks I have attended over the years (including an xmas party one in December) that whether there is a sign up sheet for which category of food you are going to bring or it is a free for all, there is always a great variety and fabulous food! I love that Teddy is having one, as others have said if for no other reason that getting some of the women out of their pretentious comfort zones. 

I cannot begin to tell you how many shitshows I have endured simply because they were set in beautiful B.C.  Ghost Wars is only the latest in TeeVee infamy, that makes me hang my head in shame.  But, yet again, the only decent dive bar on the Sea to Sky highway makes an appearance.

My only marriage (mid 1970s) came with a summer lakeside home in Naramata.  My ex Mother In Law made a most excellent Sunday roast beef dinner - WITH Yorkshire pudding.  But in Naramata she peeled and sliced fresh peaches for my soon-to-be-ex.

Edited by walnutqueen
Spelling. AND to assure you I never saw the Ogopogo.
  • Love 3

They do things with each other to an extent because that is the job. Sometimes they don't like it. I remember someone on another show bitching because the deal one night was to go bowling. They all went, stepped out of their comfort zones, and managed to have some laughs. Again as has been pointed out, if it is such an incredible hardship to bring some sort of grub along with them, they can always say "sorry, but this demand is simply a bridge too far. I will get on planes, boats, etc. I will shop with you and eat lunch with you even though I detest you. I will invite you into my home for my own parties even though you talk about me behind my back. I will eat strange foods in strange lands with you.  I will leave my family for a week to travel with you even though I would prefer to just slap your face. But I have to put my foot down at the idea of stopping at Ralph's for a cheese plate". Totally their right to do so. Also totally Teddi's right to plan the event that she wants to plan. 

"I will break bread with my mortal enemy as long as caviar is served, the champagne is expensive, and the view is spectacular. But having to put in effort in an event I'm invited to? Bish please."

The ironic thing is, these women all pretty much have private chefs/cooks who probably would know how to pack the food correctly, and/or can afford to buy something nice from a place that would know how to pack the food correctly. I dunno, maybe potluck is a nasty trigger word to a time before these women had money or something.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Rottiemommie said:

Me too hence my username. I was dying over the picture of that puppy. 

I love all dogs.  And cats. And effing raccoons who adorably beg at my back door for treats. I'd like to imagine LVP & Kyle share my proclivities.  Sadly, I think Lola is as much of an afterthought as all things not Harry Hamlin.

• Love 5

I can't get over PK's age.  Really, 56?

[eta: Christalmighty: 50??  No fucking way.]

He looks...older.  I don't think it's because of his wife.  Hard life?  Too much sun?

Edited by voiceover
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, princelina said:

From my recollection those instances were when a group traveled together, arrived and claimed rooms, and then LVP came swanning in several hours later and acted miffed that she got what was left.  As if someone else should have taken the twin beds to leave the master suite for her :D

If they are hard up for $$ maybe that was Dorit's way of getting a discount on the bill :D

Yes LVP arrived late and got the bad rooms.  That is why I don't understand why Kyle would say LVP in a twin bed-she has been there done that.  The worst is when LVP got the luxury cabin at her event in The Hamptons and Kyle, Eileen and Rinna bailed and went to a luxury stand alone home.  The easy money is on Dorit complaining and most likely bringing something totally inappropriate for dinner.  So Kyle complaining about lodgings is not something foreign to her.  

Love the glove reference. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The person who took the picture doesn't actually know Dorit amd PK. Her stepmother is acquaintances with Dorit and was invited but couldn't go. So she forced her dad to take her because she thought it would be interesting. I can't imagine that the staff was not alerted. Yes, it wasn't Dorit's fault but neither was the waiter pouring her wine in the wrong wine glass wasn't Teddi's fault but that didn't stop Dorit from bitching about it. Apparently, the cruise was almost 6 hours. I think I would have swam to shore or asked  Mauricio for the info on the boat he hailed.

Etb: was and wasn't mean different things!

Dorit made the glass change request to the waiter-not Teddi.  It was the Rinna/Dorit conversation that irked Teddi, well except it didn't really bother her, except when she mentioned it to Kyle and LVP but she doesn't really believe in talking behind someone's back unless of course she does and then she really isn't accountable because those are her feelings and LVP and/or Kyle should not have brought it up and Dorit really shouldn't defend herself because Teddi really wasn't bothered.  There is no shortage of double standards on this show.  My gripe with Dorit is she gripes about everything and I think someone or everyone should tell her to keep her thoughts to herself.  Even lunch at LVP's she had to mention that LVP had promised her crispy rice and ahi.  Which apparently was coming.  Not all thoughts need to be expressed, something that is lost on Dorit. 

Wow six hours that is one long party and so little footage for a six hour shoot.  Did the woman mention how long it was before Dorit and PK arrived?  I got the impression the people were on the boat for some time before they arrived.  Dorit did mention she arrived at Kyle's dinner party and hour and half before any of the other guests arrived.  I also wondered how long they had to wait for Dorit's wardrobe change.  Kind of puts things in perspective how long these people hurry up and wait. 

All I can say about the last minute guest is chances are her step-mother and father won't be invited to any more Bravo events.  Although it would have been so much better if the woman would have brought the glove situation to Dorit's attention.  I would have loved to have watched her reaction.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Did the woman mention how long it was before Dorit and PK arrived? 

They did all loudly suggest that they wanted to be left off the ship. Based on the lighting I don't think think they made them wait that long for their stupid entrance. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Off-topic... thanks to all who commented with kind words about my Bop.  He left us very peacefully last night and is now and forever in our hearts. 

Hugs Eclectcmoi.....

6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

That reminds me, wasn't it Dorito who had a fit last year over the t-shirt dress that Erika wore to a party she was giving? It was an expensive designer dress (though you would not know it) and Dorito thought she was totally underdressed. At least from what I remember it was Dorito because I can't see anyone else caring or calling attention to it. 

Yes, that was Dorit. And because she cannot let things go, she brought it up at a later event. Thanked Erika and said that she was this time wearing something more appropriate. She doesn't like to miss an opportunity to make someone else feel small. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

They did all loudly suggest that they wanted to be left off the ship. Based on the lighting I don't think think they made them wait that long for their stupid entrance. 

When you say "they" the cast wanted to be left off the ship-as in they didn't want to go?  I mean I know Rinna said something about things not going well on boats but the rest just wanted to be left off the ship?  I was unable to ascertain where the sun was when they began the whole thing.  I expected to see a sunset which would have been about 7:30 or so.  It would have been pretty addition.

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

When you say "they" the cast wanted to be left off the ship-as in they didn't want to go?  I mean I know Rinna said something about things not going well on boats but the rest just wanted to be left off the ship?  I was unable to ascertain where the sun was when they began the whole thing.  I expected to see a sunset which would have been about 7:30 or so.  It would have been pretty addition.

Yes Rinna and Erika were literally standing at the exit. Rinna even suggestied she had  a child to rush home to be with.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes Rinna and Erika were literally standing at the exit. Rinna even suggestied she had  a child to rush home to be with.

Would that be a child she hasn't tried to pimp out like a brunette version of Yo-Yo?  Or did she finally remember she has a sweet dog named Lola?  L-O-L-A, Lola.  Lo-Lo-Lo-Lo Lola ...

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Onion dip is always a hit!  That and deviled eggs.  I would love to see one of them bring some of those as well.  And not fancy ones with caviar or lox on top!

I went to a rich people potluck once.

There were 100 guests and one lady showed up with deviled eggs.  24 HALVES to be exact.

It's not like a carton of eggs cost that much.

My go to potluck recipe is easy.  Cucumber salad.  Slice some cukes, add some green onions and cherry tomatoes. Pour a mixture of apple cider vinegar, white vinegar and sugar over the top.  Done.

All this potluck talk is making me yearn for a party.

• Love 6

I am done with Boy George.  So done.  Maybe he has some sort of cult following I am not a part of so I don't feel that connected (I am in my late 30's) but every time they bring him up - okay we know!!  You know a really old celebrity!!

I also wondered why PK was so emotional about seeing his parents. Maybe it was just because it was a surprise and exciting, but you would think with a wife who is able to jet set around the globe with a glam team that they would be able to afford to visit his family frequently, or have the family stay with them.  Maybe they have health issues, I don't know but it stuck out to me.

Why the heck is Teddi letting Dorit get away with these shenanigans?  Hugging her after she was screamed at and called a psycho?  I was really frustrated she was not called out more.  I thought what Teddi was saying before Kyle and LVP interrupted was mature and honest, complimenting Dorit on the party, then it turned into a shit show for the cameras.

• Love 6
On 1/30/2018 at 9:28 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

Remember how she bitched and moaned through the photo shoot Lisa asked her to do for that magazine?  It's not hard to imagine that she could that difficult to work with while they're filming this show.  

You know what they say about people - No matter how nice they are to their friends, how they treat wait staff, etc. reveals their character.

And then Dorit defended her behavior at Teddy's party by saying she didn't yell at Teddy, she just yelled at the wait staff. As if that's an excuse.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Thanks for the source.  It was interesting.  Not terribly compelling but interesting.    The part about getting the invite in advance and then being told the location two days before.  Makes me wonder if this was a secondary location.  LVP said something about she and Dorit meeting the party planner two days before almost believable.  

16 minutes ago, candle96 said:

You know what they say about people - No matter how nice they are to their friends, how they treat wait staff, etc. reveals their character.

And then Dorit defended her behavior at Teddy's party by saying she didn't yell at Teddy, she just yelled at the wait staff. As if that's an excuse.

Dorit never said yell nor did she yell at the waiter.  She asked the waiter for a different glass.  I am not sure why a waiter, who served the drink in the incorrect glass would be so taken back by a guest asking for the correct glass.  It is kind of his job to know the difference and serve the guests.  Since it was poised to Dorit that she said it to Teddi, entirely reasonable to correct the record.  The thing that made the conversation unnecessary, is once Teddi said she just let's things roll over her, there should have been no further discussion.  The two interlopers, although well intentioned, escalated  the situation.  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Hell... I'd bring onion dip and potato chips to Teddi's potluck just to enjoy the reaction of LVP and Dorit and really probably the rest of the ladies too. '

I'm so sorry for your loss!  :*(   It is hard, even when it is the "right" time and the kindest thing.  We had to put my sweet old cat Duke (my PTV namesake!) to sleep in early January of this year, so I do very much empathize! 

• Love 12

It does say quite a bit about her character, and none of it good.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Until you learn how to spell one of the worst books Stephen King wrote, I shall be harboring the fugitive Kingsley in an undisclosed location.

I’m drunk like a housewife, what do you expect? Don’t be a Teddi with unrealistic expectations. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, candle96 said:

She raised her voice at the waiter? When did that occur on the footage that was aired? 

I don't get what was problematic at all about her request. As someone who has worked in customer service in different capacities, the function of a customer service job is ... to provide service. People make requests of wait staff all the time. Sometimes they even send food back in restaurants. Which is their prerogative as a customer or guest. It's not some sort of referendum on the employee actually providing the service. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I also wondered why PK was so emotional about seeing his parents. Maybe it was just because it was a surprise and exciting, but you would think with a wife who is able to jet set around the globe with a glam team that they would be able to afford to visit his family frequently, or have the family stay with them.  Maybe they have health issues, I don't know but it stuck out to me.

He has a picture with his parents in London in late May and I think the party was late August/early September so it isn't like it had been forever since seeing them.  Maybe the surprise of it and that Dorit had thought to fly them in made him emotional?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

I went to a rich people potluck once.

There were 100 guests and one lady showed up with deviled eggs.  24 HALVES to be exact.

It's not like a carton of eggs cost that much.

My go to potluck recipe is easy.  Cucumber salad.  Slice some cukes, add some green onions and cherry tomatoes. Pour a mixture of apple cider vinegar, white vinegar and sugar over the top.  Done.

All this potluck talk is making me yearn for a party.

YUM!!!!  Me too.  I am gonna to have to arrange one with my buds

• Love 3
11 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I love all dogs.  And cats. And effing raccoons who adorably beg at my back door for treats. I'd like to imagine LVP & Kyle share my proclivities.  Sadly, I think Lola is as much of an afterthought as all things not Harry Hamlin.

These guys crack me up.  We have them hang out in our yard from time to time.  They never beg for food (from us) but they have tried to steal our little solar lights.  One went grabbing for it and Mr. Natalie told him no.  He took his hand away and then slowly went back to grab it.  Mr. Natalie and this raccoon went back and forth for quite some time until we went inside.  Next morning it was clear across the yard.  I am thinking it was an FU to my husband.  YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!  The skunks are a little better behaved.  Its the fingers.

I hope the new puppy is taken care of and not foisted on their staff.  Actually, I am sure the staff gives it much more lovies than the Rinna's/Hamlin's would.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

They should’ve done the reverse PigK. Rigid Inflatable to yacht with helipad, then helicopter to Beverly Air Encino Village.

Maybe seadoos.  That would have had a bit more panache.  Then the cast could have waited another eleventy billion hours for Dorit to stop looking like a wet rat.

3 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I am done with Boy George.  So done.  Maybe he has some sort of cult following I am not a part of so I don't feel that connected (I am in my late 30's) but every time they bring him up - okay we know!!  You know a really old celebrity!!

Why the heck is Teddi letting Dorit get away with these shenanigans?  Hugging her after she was screamed at and called a psycho?  I was really frustrated she was not called out more.  I thought what Teddi was saying before Kyle and LVP interrupted was mature and honest, complimenting Dorit on the party, then it turned into a shit show for the cameras.

56 is really old????  Man, I only have another 7 years before the crypt. :)

• Love 8
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

IMO, technically they were on a 'yacht' but many people wouldn't consider it as such.  Yeah, for me it was a typical dinner cruise boat.  I was on one last summer for an anniversary cruise.  Actually, I thought the one we were on was nicer than what Dorit got. 

Dorit is all about image.  Ya know.  The helicopter entrance....  Sorry Dorit.  You're not impressing.

I thought the yacht that the housewives were on for dinner in Amsterdam was so much nicer.  I loved the 'wood' and finishes. 

The helicopter entrance might have been impressive if they helicoptered ONTO the actual boat!  But it wasn't big enough to have a helipad, poor things.  I thought her performance was terrible, she wasn't singing in unison with Boy George and the "dance moves" were embarrassingly lame.  PK seemed genuinely touched at the party, which was nice.

And Dorit, you have NO business complaining that Teddi talked about you when she did NOT name you.  Maybe you should consider the fact that, although Teddi didn't name you, Lisa VP immediately knew it was you. 

And Lisa VP, don't tell Dorit about the chat with Teddi, you knew you were stirring up a hornet's nest. 

Cuddos to Kyle for attempting to bring a rational voice, but it was doomed to fail.

• Love 18
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Do they make a crockpot that plugs into the car because my main issue with the whole potluck thing is that its a few hours drive and the food is going to sit for several hours before dinner.

Crockpots stay really warm if you keep the lid on and everything. I think they even have bags you can put around them that insulate them even more. You can always warm stuff back up when you get there. Or you could prepare a dish (like a casserole) and then put it in the oven when you get there. With a little communication and planning, I think they could do alright. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Yes, that was Dorit. And because she cannot let things go, she brought it up at a later event. Thanked Erika and said that she was this time wearing something more appropriate. She doesn't like to miss an opportunity to make someone else feel small.

She just cannot help herself. Evidently her mother never taught her "if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all." She is not helping anyone, fixing anything, making any kind of noble stand. She just draws attention to the most petty shit ever, in an effort to make herself look important. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Where were PK's older children? Not invited? That stood out to me.

• Love 6