Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Birthday Fever

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Jel said:

The question mark -- typo, asking me, rhetorical question -- I can't tell!

If you're asking... yes, I think it was exactly the same thing.  And I didn't like it when Teddi did it, and didn't like it when Dorit did it, but cornering a guest at a party was what happened in both cases in my view. I don't see them as different -- subject matter might be, but the action was the same, so I cannot, in fairness, fault one for doing the very same thing and not the other, even if I prefer one message more. 

Fixed it! Teddi had Dorit over early before anyone else arrived so again it wasn't the same in anyway! ;-)

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Neeners said:

I'm under the weather, but I don't have a fever frying my brain or anything, so I can't blame it for my actually liking PK this episode! I thought he was a good sport about getting dressed up (and even looked nice; I guess anyone looks good in a tux?), seemed to really enjoy the helicopter, and seeing his reaction with his family was really quite nice. He and Dorito really do seem like they love each other a great deal, or maybe they're really good actors. Good grief. I'm looking out the window for flying pigs.

I'm going with "acting!" ;-)

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Has Boy George always worn hats?  These are not attractive.

Classic 80's Boy George

ff68eb48c40791f133f7aa2d0a143441--karma-

And for good measure another

Pretty sure he had hats in the majority of the Culture Club videos back in the day, but I'm already taking up about 4 scrolls worth of screen.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Remember how she bitched and moaned through the photo shoot Lisa asked her to do for that magazine?  It's not hard to imagine that she could that difficult to work with while they're filming this show.  

I guess LVP is a real friend to Dorit since she puts up with it all and backs her play against any and all comers! She blew off Kyle if you saw the prevue to support Dorit again! I'm no fan of any of them, but LVP loves playing it down the middle, but behind other people's back she's totally different! She's FOS in so many ways! ;-)

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Last week, Lisa VP said that she really loved winding Kyle up (dog washing scene), and Kyle said she’d always have Lisa’s back. 

This week Lisa butts in and sides with Dorit but wants Kyle to stay out of it.

Looks like next week Kyle might call Lisa on her shit. Good - I’ve always thought Kyle was a more sincere friend than Lisa, who doesn’t really deserve for Kyle to always have her back.

But, Kyle didn't stay out of it. She took up Teddi's point of view. LOL

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Fixed it! Teddi had Dorit over early before anyone else arrived so again it wasn't the same in anyway! ;-)

Well, now the winky face is flummoxing me... LOL. 

I don't see the time making much of a difference at all.  Maybe we can agree to disagree on this :)

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Neeners said:

I'm under the weather, but I don't have a fever frying my brain or anything, so I can't blame it for my actually liking PK this episode! I thought he was a good sport about getting dressed up (and even looked nice; I guess anyone looks good in a tux?), seemed to really enjoy the helicopter, and seeing his reaction with his family was really quite nice. He and Dorito really do seem like they love each other a great deal, or maybe they're really good actors. Good grief. I'm looking out the window for flying pigs.

That was just PK in the helicopter

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Last week, Lisa VP said that she really loved winding Kyle up (dog washing scene), and Kyle said she’d always have Lisa’s back. 

This week Lisa butts in and sides with Dorit but wants Kyle to stay out of it.

Looks like next week Kyle might call Lisa on her shit. Good - I’ve always thought Kyle was a more sincere friend than Lisa, who doesn’t really deserve for Kyle to always have her back.

Thank you! We have a bunch of LVP and Dorit apologists that think they can do no wrong! That's BS! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 11

I think Teddi's problem in this episode was she lacked awareness and confided in Lisa V who actually agreed with Dorit and wasn't relating to Teddi at all. I don't know why Teddi decided to tell the most fancy housewife that she didn't like to be around fancy things. When Lisa V was saying to Dorit that she was casual girl she sort of then apologetically offered- but she's sweet though-- she sort of had a poopy smell-look on her face, like she was trying, but failing, to like Teddi. i don't think Lisa V really likes Teddi that much. Lisa V and Dorit are connecting through their love for luxury and respect for each other's luxurious life and shared etiquette values. I actually feel like LIsa V is trying to impress Dorit a bit (remember when Lisa v stayed at that horrible hotel insisting it was fine, and everyone else left because it was loud and there wasn't room service?) Where Teddi serves champagne in wine glasses and Kyle has parties in the dark, in the heat, and offers no air conditioning nor has floors. Which if Dorit found being offered champagne in the wrong glass poor manners, then I can only imagine how horrified she was to be at Kyle's party without offering proper comfort. Dorit was really messed up being somewhere without a/c, like she wandered into a really bad neighborhood. 

Interestingly, John Mellencamp was dumped by Christie Brinkley for not fitting in to her Hamptons lifestyle, calling him too redneck. So maybe Teddi is trying to prove something or connect to her father in some way-- she seems very desperate for his attention and love.

It's very high school this season, and very into how others think:

Kyle: Wants her sisters to like her. And Dorit and Lisa V

Dorit: Wants Ericka to like her.

Lisa V: Wants Dorit to like her.

Lisa R: Wants Lisa to like her

Teddi: Wants Ericka to like her. Wants everyone to hate Dorit

Kyle and Lisa R talking about potlucks made me laugh. That was funny. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I think Teddi's problem in this episode was she confided in Lisa V who actually agreed with Dorit and wasn't relating to Teddi at all. I don't know why Teddi decided to tell the most fancy housewife that she didn't like to be around fancy things. When Lisa V was saying to Dorit that she was casual girl she sort of then apologetically offered- but she's sweet though-- like someone that you are trying to talk yourself into sort of tolerating, it sounded like Lisa V didn't really like her that much. Lisa V and Dorit are connecting through their love for luxury and respect for each other's luxurious life and shared etiquette values. Where Teddi serves champagne in wine glasses and Kyle has parties in the dark, in the heat, and offers no air conditioning nor has floors. Which if Dorit found being offered champagne in the wrong glass poor manners, then I can only imagine how horrified she was to be at Kyle's party without offering proper comfort. She was really messed up being somewhere without a/c, like she wandered into a really bad neighborhood. 

Interestingly, John Mellencamp was dumped by Christie Brinkley for not fitting in to her Hamptons lifestyle, calling him too redneck. So maybe Teddi is trying to prove something or connect to her father in some way-- she seems very desperate for his attention and love.

Hence the continuing reference to being from a broken home! "Spare me b!tch! Half the country comes from a broken home; PLEASE! I didn't go horseback riding on a whim! Get over yourself!" ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

But, Kyle didn't stay out of it. She took up Teddi's point of view. LOL

Yes, she did. LVP made a very good point, if you don't want wine or champagne in different glasses, why have them out??! Zing!!!

• Love 4

I enjoyed tonight. Rinna is going away, yay! Her top made her boobs look squished and old, but she kept her yap shut .Why does she need all that help?

Erika looked good, they all did really...

Love a guy that can cry, and love a guy in a tux! 

Dorit was very nervous, but she did okay with BG.

God Teddi, when Rinna read out her text, I thought it was a bloody email. She's such a Debbie downer..

Hmm Kyle doesn't like LVP taking sides, I'm telling ya, those two are more like sisters!

2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa didn't try to shut Kyle down, Dorit did. 

LOL, exactly.! 

48 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

Teddy: let's just drop it.

Dorit: you're a psycho bitch

me: ooooooooh shiiiiiiiiittttttt

I think they made up actually, the editing was really choppy. But honestly....

Teddi = Eileen 2.0

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Yes, she did. LVP made a very good point, if you don't want wine or champagne in different glasses, why have them out??! Zing!!!

Yes and No. I think Lisa was trying to point out that as much as Teddi says that things like that aren't important to her, they really are. AND, Lisa tried to point out to Dorit earlier that she, Dorit, needs to back off the stem wear lessons to Teddi because it made Teddi feel like Dorit was belittling her. At this stage both Teddi and Dorit are acting like pouty brats, 1 too chill to care and the other being pretentious.  LOL

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

I guess LVP is a real friend to Dorit since she puts up with it all and backs her play against any and all comers! She blew off Kyle if you saw the prevue to support Dorit again! I'm no fan of any of them, but LVP loves playing it down the middle, but behind other people's back she's totally different! She's FOS in so many ways! ;-)

LVP likes most people, and sees their side. I think she looked like, I'm too bloody old for this BS,omg, why is Kyle crying? Seriously? 

• Love 10

Kyle doesn't like LVP taking sides, I'm telling ya, those two are more like sisters!

I think Kyle doesn't like that LVP can opine on a situation while Kyle isn't allowed to...

Teddi = Eileen 2.0

Much classier than Dorit, I agree.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Yes and No. I think Lisa was trying to point out that as much as Teddi says that things like that aren't important to her, they really are. AND, Lisa tried to point out to Dorit earlier that she, Dorit, needs to back off the stem wear lessons to Teddi because it made Teddi feel like Dorit was belittling her. At this stage both Teddi and Dorit are acting like pouty brats, 1 too chill to care and the other being pretentious.  LOL

Maybe. But she was moving the glasses at the end, I rewound. 

Dorit can be pretentious, but if she wants the right glass, wth is wrong. I've had someone ask for a whisky glass! I didn't get bent out if shape.. Oh well ;)

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Maybe. But she was moving the glasses at the end, I rewound. 

Dorit can be pretentious, but if she wants the right glass, wth is wrong. I've had someone ask for a whisky glass! I didn't get bent out if shape.. Oh well ;)

But it's okay for DORIT to get bent out of shape about the glass given? 

• Love 20

So, Dorit plans this huge entry with PK on the helicopter.  On another boat.  But to get from the other boat, they get on a small 'rib' ( the type of boat that was used).  It was like...oh wow, really, that was impressive.  Not.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Chloecat said:

Etiquette rules according to Emily Post  Dorit:

Using the incorrect glass - absolute faux pas

Screaming you are a see you next Tuesday at a dinner party - just being a naughty girl

Pulling an invited guest to one side to harass her and call her an efing psycho - all the guest's own fault

Seriously, LVP should at least have more sense than to stick up for her.

Too bad Dorit forgot the etiquette concerning being a gracious host and guest! She failed at both and I wish I would have someone as obnoxious as her in my home! She would be out the door so fast, her head would be swimming; and it wouldn't be from the champagne in the proper glass! I'm big on having the proper glass, but I wouldn't make it a 2 episode drama like this b!tch! LVP's just as bad for not stopping her from acting out over it! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 22
36 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa used the glasses on the bar to help make her point, she failed to make it though.

I don't think Teddi cared about Dorit wanting a different glass, it was how/what she said when she pointed it out to those around her. She did it in a manner that made it look like Teddi did something wrong, not the bartender. IMO, Dorit only did it because Teddi called her out when they had their little talk before everyone else arrived, it was a dig at Teddi's hostess abilities. 

Well, I don't think they are very good. But we cant all be...I find Teddi very passive aggressive..I liked her at the start, but now, not so much..its a shame Teddi had two sets of glasses out , if she didn't want them used..

20 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:
23 minutes ago, Chloecat said:

Pulling an invited guest to one side to harass her and call her an efing psycho - all the guest's own fault

Hmm, I'd say all was going far too well, and TPTB needed some drama...

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

But it's okay for DORIT to get bent out of shape about the glass given? 

Yes, two sets of glasses out, put em away Teddi, you dork! 

Oh, and Kyle was so scared to be late to meet Teddi..lol

Hence the continuing reference to being from a broken home! "Spare me b!tch! Half the country comes from a broken home; PLEASE! I didn't go horseback riding on a whim! Get over yourself!" ;-)

That's all she's got, oh, bet ya don't know who her father is..*snort* 

Nice beach house, and here I thought she was low maintenance ,worried about money fake.  gal

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Neeners said:

What did Rinna say about 40 year old actresses, and did she compare herself to one? 

Something about it's all 20 year olds now. Rinna does bit parts, anything meaty or juicy ,a role like that wouldn't be offered to Rinna. She should stay with  her crap clothes on QVC,

• Love 3

He and Dorito really do seem like they love each other a great deal, or maybe they're really good actors. Good grief. I'm looking out the window for flying pigs.

They work, she's pretentious, he's not..:)

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Lisa looked pretty and more natural with her hair down after the horse riding.

and Lisa Rinna's breasts make an appearance!  (On the yacht.)

I loved Ken bringing a tray, my DH would do that. 

Rinna's breasts, usually globes, tonight, pancakes..lol

• Love 10

Hmm, I'd say all was going far too well, and TPTB needed some drama...

Is that going to be how we excuse every time Dorit acts like an asshole this season? Production? Did they tell Dorit to call Camille a c*nt as well?

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 15