Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E02: Week 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Arie takes a date on a motorcycle ride to a mansion where she is styled by Rachel Zoe; a bachelorette with a dark secret travels with Arie to meet his family; race car driver Robby Gordon offers play-by-play during the group date at a racetrack.

15 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Krystal is sweet, but that voice, OMG!

Bibiana is a constant whine 

Re: Krystal, my husband walked by and without seeing a thing, said "whoever is speaking has a HORRIBLE voice." Pretty funny that it's annoying everyone. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 12

Krystal is a ditz. Ugh. A trip to Arie's home would be such a great chance to ask him about himself but she seems to have no interest in getting to know him. His conversation with Becca was real and what you would expect of people who are interested in each other. Krystal is clearly here for the experience of being on a TV show and staying in a nice house.  She kind of looks like his Mom, which is...interesting. I am impressed at how quickly she can turn off the water works. As soon as Arie shows that the story worked on him, she's all beaming and smiley. UGH. Do not like her at all! Yep, she just got the pity rose. He basically gave it to her because she told her sob story. haha

Yay, random singer I've never heard of! 

Dates on Bachelor I would not want.

1) Being given a bunch of dresses I will never have a place to wear and shoes that cost more than my rent. 

2) Awkward private concert where some rando sings while we are the only two people there and dancing. 

And the crier gets the attention. Good job Annaliese. Jenny is a moron...and a bitch. Ugh. Now that their personalities are coming out I think I'm going to hate most of them. hahaha

Ugh Chelsey. Being "mysterious" wasn't something you had to apologize for. What a sloppy way to say you have a kid. He sure does like to suck her face though. 

Sienne, okay, Yale is pretty impressive. WTF you doin' on this shit show? Sienne I actually like the more I see her. That's a good sign. 

Please tell me Bibiana (hate that name, I know it's not her fault, she didn't name herself, but I hate that name) tanks and gets herself offed. 

It cracks me up how they all bitch about girls going back for seconds when they have a rose as if they owe this is supposed to be fair. If it were supposed to be fair there'd be a sign up sheet or a schedule. Don't go on the show if you're not going to make a move and sit around bitching when other girls do make a move. You're all fighting for the same guy idiots!

I really wish he would take back Kristal's rose.

And Bibiana finally gets her time and can't think of a damn thing to ask him. OMG lmfao I can't wait to see her go. 

Kristal was obviously hired to be the villain and Arie is being made to give her the rose over and over. 

I'm very curious what the rules of the cocktail party are because I would have cheered Arie if he told Kristal that he really wanted to give the other girls a chance and she already had her one on one time so could she be respectful and back the fuck off. Maybe wording it differently, but that is the gist. Obviously he wouldn't because he's a good little puppet and production won't let him get rid of her any time soon. 

And we actually ended an episode with a rose ceremony? I can't remember the last time that happened. lol 

Jacqueline is stunning. Still like Bekah, actually even more than before. 

Bibi is lucky she picked a fight with the villain. It secured her a spot in the next round. UGH

Wait, did she seriously just say "I don't care about you, I'm sad to leave my friends?" and yet she's surprised she didn't make it? These idiots...there are just no words. 

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 19

Jenny walks out, Arie follows. She says I'm not sad about you, I'm sad about my new friends, oh boo, grow up! 

Arie if he told Kristal that he really wanted to give the other girls a chance and she already had her one on one time so could she be respectful and back the fuck off. Maybe wording it differently, but that is the gist.

I've never seen that happen, so I doubt Arie will start that. Taking her home to meet the parents already, that was different..

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 5

This show is so scripted, I could give out the roses while Arie takes a break, and I'd give them exactly the same ... and with the same DRAH-MATIC LAST ROSE! ... as he does. TPTB wants that trouble maker to stay around a few more weeks. Gotta have some back-up villains. Speaking of villains, Kristal is turning into one, which makes three so far. I would have loved to have had that DREAM DATE of flying to Scottsdale. (That was a huge private plane!) But WTHeck is up with a 30-something guy taking a date to his high school? I guess since he didn't go to Yale that's the tops. (I hate the high school reunions and TPTB love them.) Hey, speaking of last rose, what happened to Harrison coming out, tapping his glass and announcing it's the last rose?

• Love 7

I enjoyed Becca's date.....she seems so normal. I like Sienne too. What the heck are they doing here??

The rest.....ugh. I can barely tell most of them apart. Krystal.....shut up and go home.

• Love 10

Krystle is one of those people who put up a positive facade, but is really a downer.  Oh, you’ve been together 36 years? It can’t all be good.  What an idiot.  And the brother thing is a bit much for date one.  I’d have more faith in Bibiana biting her ear off if Bibs wasn’t actually a punk who couldn’t look at her while she was talking.  Sorry kid.  You’re dealing with a personality defect with that one.   

Bumper car trauma.  Yeah I laughed.

correctly spelled Becca is quite the catch.  But honey, you never let men pick out clothes for you and prance around in them unless your a stripper, and you got a customer who wants to buy you some costumes.

and the jig is up about Minnesota.  We know you have the staples like toilet paper and food.  It’s pretty much like anywhere else but colder.  Don’t act like a stump jumper for this doofus.

• Love 9

Jenny just put a new spin on the infamous reality show line, "I am not here to make friends."

I went from rooting for Krystal to wanting Bibiana to kick her arse in less than 20 minutes.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 14

I love Bekkas hair, I'd love to be able to wear that pixie cut!

The other Becca is so normal, it's nice to see. 

Krystal reminds me of Kim Basinger, minus the helium 

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 8

I missed about 10 minutes before the rose ceremony (so missed the Bibiana/Krystal interaction) and a few minutes elsewhere, but I caught most of this.

1. Becca - Arie's going on about how she's so funny and smart... Did *that* conversation not make it to air? Because all I saw was trying on clothes, "you look great in that!" several times, "this is a great date" and similar stuff also several times, but nothing of much substance. Nothing that would make me say "Wow, that Becca is a pistol!"  I was actually a little bored by the date.

2. Poor Seinne - She's trying to be all casual as she tells Arie about Yale and her travels, but it's hard for her to concentrate on what she's saying because Mr. Suave has her hand in his and is stroking it... I think she might make a good Bachelorette. 

3. Camera shots of kissing with tongue, especially when it's one guy and multiple partners:  just gross.

4. Jenny (the one who didn't get a rose) - So, she's at least partly crying because it's the first time someone has dumped her, and she's in a bit of shock? Did I hear that right? Maybe I misunderstood. In any case, let me see if I can work up a scintilla of sympathy for you, being let go by a guy you've known for about five minutes. Nope. Nope, I can't. 

5. Did they mention that Brittany (the contestant who went to the hospital) had a concussion?  Reality Steve mentioned it, and I've seen it reported elsewhere. I would not have wanted to be on that demolition derby date. 

6. I agree with the poster above--Arie already looks old enough without adding to the effect by wearing grandpa's cardigan after the derby.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 12

The bumper car ptsd reminded me of the Sweeney Sisters lounge singers skit from 1980s SNL. One sister got emotional during their performance remembering the trauma of the time she “got a bad perm.” 

Edited by clubsauce
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Krystal reminds me of Kim Basinger, minus the helium 

Meh, she wishes.  I think Kim in her prime is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.  And her voice was always nice to listen to.  Really no comparison.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Meh, she wishes.  I think Kim in her prime is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.  And her voice was always nice to listen to.  Really no comparison.

I wasn't comparing them, she does look a little like Kim, there's a side by side on another forum..

• Love 1

Still watching, but I guessed Krystal's background by her name. Our social worker (we were foster parents) told me a lot of girls are named Crystal or Krystal...because their moms were addicted to meth. Krystal didn't mention drugs, but an "emotionally unavailable" mother, no father in the picture, and Krystal having to raise her brother, sounds like what you'd expect.

She's not a good match for Arie. Too much baggage compared to his relatively normal upbringing. We can't see at this point how her crappy childhood affected her, but no doubt it did: in how she deals with conflict, in whether she's needy, in emotional demands she might make on his time, in an unrealistic expectation that he'll solve all her problems... A relationship with her isn't impossible, but it would require TIME to make sure they're compatible for the long haul.

Was that Arie's mother or stepmother? I thought I heard them say it was their 25th anniversary, which would make her more likely a stepmom (since Arie is 35 or so).

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 6

Those were possibly the most boring ideas for 1-on-1 dates ever.  And I would’ve hated the cars too. I hate those stupid whiplash bumper car machine things. 

This is going to be a long season. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Still watching, but I guessed Krystal's background by her name. Our social worker (we were foster parents) told me a lot of girls are named Crystal or Krystal...because their moms were addicted to meth. Krystal didn't mention drugs, but an "emotionally unavailable" mother, no father in the picture, and Krystal having to raise her brother, sounds like what you'd expect.

She's not a good match for Arie. Too much baggage compared to his relatively normal upbringing. We can't see at this point how her crappy childhood affected her, but no doubt it did: in how she deals with conflict, in whether she's needy, in emotional demands she might make on his time, in an unrealistic expectation that he'll solve all her problems... A relationship with her isn't impossible, but it would require TIME to make sure they're compatible for the long haul.

Was that Arie's mother or stepmother? I thought I heard them say it was their 25th anniversary, which would make her more likely a stepmom (since Arie is 35 or so).

His mother...Arie also has several younger siblings, including twin brothers Alec and Luca as well as a sister....she looks pretty good, except for the plumped lips..

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Yay, random singer I've never heard of! 

I noticed that rando crooner Conner closed his eyes while he sang his song... and that's because Arie and Becca were full on making out with each other while he was singing. So disrespectful, lol.

And yeah, Becca is bo-ring. Kind of girl who would say her favorite food is rice.

Dr. Drew would say Krystal has that baby voice because she was sexually abused as a child. I hope she's just putting it on for sexy status. Not really working though.

I'm pretty sure Sienne applied for the show to meet Peter. She's like Rachel except prettier. I would like to see how Peter would have interacted with a few of these ladies. I think sassy Bekah would have confused him and made him cry. She's got too much personality.

I second whoever pointed out that there's about 3-5 villains this season. Maybe they're going for a villain every week.

• Love 7

I never knew there was such a thing as "vintage" taxidermy. Or is that never wanted to know?

Krystal is reminding me of Wayne's ex-girlfriend in Wayne's World. She would totally say "Just because we broke up doesn't mean we can't still go out." Girl should be nicknamed Saran instead because she is clingy!! She is the kind of girl you don't want to encourage. Also the worst choice for taking home to the parents on date one.

And yes I agree on the whole Dr. Drew 'baby voice' diagnosis.

Bekah is so kick ass I'll even forgive her the "I always want to be draped in fur" (and presumably diamonds...). She's in a different league than most of these fake women.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I never knew there was such a thing as "vintage" taxidermy. Or is that never wanted to know?

Krystal is reminding me of Wayne's ex-girlfriend in Wayne's World. She would totally say "Just because we broke up doesn't mean we can't still go out." Girl should be nicknamed Saran instead because she is clingy!! She is the kind of girl you don't want to encourage. Also the worst choice for taking home to the parents on date one.

And yes I agree on the whole Dr. Drew 'baby voice' diagnosis.

Bekah is so kick ass I'll even forgive her the "I always want to be draped in fur" (and presumably diamonds...). She's in a different league than most of these fake women.

I adore Bekah. If she doesn't "win" Arie, I would love to see her as Bachelorette. I can't tear my eyes from her. I have no idea why, some kind of charisma that translates well on TV. I also like Siene -- Yale graduate, wow. Definitely out of Arie's intellect league.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have a woman at the rose ceremony saying Arie gave her a "run for her money" -- which makes no sense in that context.

Krystal is setting off alarm bells even for Arie -- I think it was her that he was thinking of when he said to Chris that some have fallen... What a clingy woman.

I like Becca, too. I like that she didn't go all girly screams and jumping up and down over the swag. She had an excited but mature reaction.

Spoiler

She's Kimmel's wife's pick, so I'll be keeping an eye on her.

That bumper car trauma and the way the show portrayed it had me laughing out loud. I get trauma, but all she'd need to do is ride one again as an adult and she'd probably be over it.

• Love 5

"That's the first time I've been broken up with", says Jenny as she made it outside, and in tears!   Crying....already?  You were among 20+ women, and didn't even have a date with him, so you were not a couple to be 'broken up' with!!

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

The bumper cars date was so ridiculous. Sorry I don't think this basic ugly Arie is worth whiplash or concussion. What the hell are they thinking? 

It wasn't even bumper cars - it was demolition derby.  I don't get how that is safe, at all.  

Add me to the list of people annoyed by Krystal's sexy-baby voice.  

• Love 12

I will never understand how women are so emotionally invested so early on when there are so many others there, so little time with the bachelor, and the odds are obviously against them becoming "the One".  I wish there were more older b-ettes; you can tell some of the women are very aware how much older Ari is (also, I'm surprised he doesn't get rid of the gray. With this group "distinguished" isn't what they're looking for.)

He seems nice enough, but is no prize. He seems kind of sad and imo still in love with Emily (whom he's not going to find here. I can't figure out why some are so crude. Emily was well-mannered, girly but strong--the iron fist in velvet glove, and somewhat reserved. She knew her worth and didn't throw herself at Ari--she had him think of her as "the prize". These women would do well to follow her example.).

• Love 7

I fell asleep just as this aired, awoke at 2 am and read here as I watched.  This is the way to do it!  Many thanks to the comedy team here.  This was an excellent show with your comentary. 

I have nothing to add other than my horror that the people who live there have not replaced that hideous 80s "Mexican" tile.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Andromeda said:

I heard that, too, but then thought I must have been mistaken because I type my post out as i’m watching so sometimes I miss what happens when i’m still typing about the last thing. (For instance, the bumper car PTSD re-enactment did NOT get my full attention, and now I need to go search for a clip because it sounds like it was almost as good as the re-enactment of Ryan Putz jumping off the balcony and breaking both ankles!) Anyway, back to your point, I heard dad say they just celebrated their 25th anniversary, but later Krystal said “So, you’ve been together 36 years?” And mom (or dad?) said yes, so I guess since Arie is 36, Mom got pregnant during a one-night stand or first-ish date situation and then it took another 11 years before they got married? [shrug]

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Andromeda said:

The 25th anniversary remark was made in relation to where the brother got married.  He got married in the same place where Arie's parents went to celebrate their 25th anniversary.

• Love 14

I didn’t see any chemistry between Arie and Becca. Like another poster said there wasn’t much conversation on their date besides “Wow!”, “I’m so lucky!”, “Today I met Rachel Zoe!” (Who cares?). And I hate to snark on looks but Becca looks a little horse face to me. 

Krystal is so fake in every way it’s hard to take her seriously. I remember bursting out loud at her intro package “Sometimes I make sandwiches and bring them to homeless people!!” Then cut to her walking up to homeless people with a brown paper bag. Please.

Sienne is just gorgeous. So is Bekah. Both too young and probably too good for Arie. 

I thought it was chivalrous of Arie to chase after Jenny. Imagine what Juan Pablo would have done "Ees ok, I'm glad I didn't pick her".

Edited by thejuicer
  • Love 15

WHAT is with all the bling on a first date? Were those "jewels" real? Can't be, right? Why so over the top for the first one-on-one?

Honestly I cannot imagine wearing a single one of those bling-y dresses. Or the shoes for that matter.

Becca does seem remarkably "normal" I have to say. (I haven't finished the episode yet). But she hasn't mentioned feeling a connection with him yet so that's a plus in my book. I mean, you've spent an hour with him so far.

• Love 4

So, did Chelsea just take it easy this episode and give the evilness to Krystal, or did they just not show Chelsea?  It kind of goes to show that some "villains" might not actually be that bad if they made a big deal of Chelsea episode one, and this time she didn't really do much that was all that concerning.  Krystal is all kinds of icky now though...she makes Chelsea look normal.  lol

• Love 4

I'm still new to this franchise. Rachel's season was the first time I watched.

After all this time, had anyone crunched the numbers and tried to predict outcomes from things like first dates? Is Tall Becca dead gal walking or is she likely to be around for awhile? You know, stuff like that.

This is far too complicated. How hard can it be to take 20+ people and figure out which one your dog likes best?

#teamkendall #weirdgirlsmatter

• Love 3
7 hours ago, lids said:

I noticed that rando crooner Conner closed his eyes while he sang his song... and that's because Arie and Becca were full on making out with each other while he was singing. So disrespectful, lol.

To me (not that I'm all that knowledgeable) I thought he was sort of a down-market Justin Timberlake look-alike.

• Love 1