Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Meri Moving?

• Start Topic

I don't see why Tony acting like a jerk is Kody's fault.  He gives the guy too much slack, but, I hope that's just to save arguments and keep the peace until the whole story is done and Tony is no longer around. 

I think it's possible that Kody and Janelle, (not Robyn or Christine) have learned a little something about business, profits, budges, marketing, etc.) So, do the ladies vote overrule the wives?  Still, they ca't force him to sign anything.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I was determined to watch this season with my wife. That didn't work out exactly as I'd planned. I survived six minutes - SIX MINUTES - of the new season and told her she'd have to recap it for me. I did really try, though. I simply found myself nearly unable to prevent myself from throwing something at the TV whenever either half of that obese, slovenly, immature, entitled, arrogant, demanding, broke-ass couple was on the screen.

Luckily my hubby has more buy in than me.  We both stared and mocked.  It was great fun!

• Love 2
Just now, Meowwww said:

I survived six minutes - SIX MINUTES

Five minutes and 45 seconds longer than me. The first time someone opened their mouth, I was gone.  Every one of them is like listening to fingernails on a blackboard.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, kassa said:

I wonder if Logan is keeping his distance from the show not just out of common sense, but out of a desire to marry in the LDS church and avoid the obstruction Mykelti went through.  Of course if it's common knowledge he's living with the girlfriend, maybe not.  Or maybe she's not even LDS. And marriage aside, he may not want the Family Circus interfering/affecting his professional and social prospects. The family seems to be cooperating -- whether there's some kind of estrangement or he's just asked them to keep his name out of their mouths on the show, I don't know.  The other older boy children also seemed MIA.

I too wondered how Annie was (supposedly) keeping all of this from Christine.  Seems highly unlikely.  I don't think Meri necessarily was recruiting Annie to get back at Christine -- maybe it's a ploy to get closer to Mariah.  Remember how Annie was in on Mariah being gay before her own parents were?  How she beamed when Mariah made her announcement?  Could also be a ploy to co-opt Mariah's other mother figure?

Also, they could ALL be in on it as a spinoff -- Sister Wives Motel! (Picture this: Meri plans to leave, they concoct the purchase of the house as her exit strategy (she signs over the LV house) and pitch the show - she gets the B+B house (this season of SW), she then leaves the family and launches the spinoff, which they all own a piece of and make guest appearances on.  

I highly doubt Michelle is LDS. Or if she is, she likely isn't still practicing LDS. It would be unheard of for a 23 yr old single LDS woman to be in grad school (for criminal justice I believe) and be living with her boyfriend as if they're man and wife even if he were LDS. That likely strips you of your temple status anyway. If she isn't LDS, no need for him to have to convert. I imagine they'll just end up being regular Christians that believe in Jesus etc. without the restrictions of the LDS church or the "lifestyle" of the FLDS.

The other older boy - Hunter - is at the Air Force Academy. It's college but with military duty thrown in. He is likely far too busy to deal with his family's nonsense plus he has significant restrictions -- they only get so much time off etc. -- so he can't be running home to film every time they throw a party or load up the caravan for a vacation. He was active on social media through high school and had a pretty normal life like Logan -- high school state wrestling champion 2x; lots of friends - girls and guys, lots of inside jokes etc; homecoming court a few times; pretty close with his high school coaches etc. I imagine he's living life similar to Logan -- though obviously with military restrictions that where he cannot live in an off campus apartment; live with a girlfriend; go out on dates/walk off campus anytime he wants. Once he commissions and life becomes more "normal" or maybe if he leaves the military in 5 yrs if he chooses not to be a lifer -- I can see him finding a girl like Michelle and living a similar life to his brother.

Annie knew Mariah was gay before her parents? Why? How do we know this? Are the 2 of them especially close? I did notice she gave her the first hug and was all smiles, but I just figured she was being supportive and wasn't super bothered bc this isn't her child or her direct grandchild that she has to deal with.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 2
On 1/7/2018 at 6:15 PM, WhatsUpDummy said:

And no snark here, but they’ve both gotten bigger, right? 

On 1/8/2018 at 5:30 AM, ghoulina said:

I definitely thought Tony had, but I can't say about Mykelti. I actually thought she looked a bit slimmer in that blue dress she wore to look at venues.

I thought Mykelti looked pregnant in that blue dress, but if they got married a year ago, I guess that wasn't the excuse.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, kassa said:

Or maybe she's not even LDS. 

She’s not—her IG bio is ‘just here to pet dogs and drink whisky,’ and alcohol features heavily in her life (or at least her life as presented on social media). 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Pachengala said:

She’s not—her IG bio is ‘just here to pet dogs and drink whisky,’ and alcohol features heavily in her life (or at least her life as presented on social media). 

I am almost 100% positive that she has mentioned in social media that neither of them is religious.  Too lazy to go back and find it though.

• Love 1
On 1/10/2018 at 10:09 AM, islandgal140 said:

Well this is great. At least someone in their family can formulate a business plan and tell them honestly that My Sister Wives Closet is a terrible idea and will never make any money.

Now I would actually pay a couple of dollars to watch Logan sit down with Robyn and Kody and explain that MSWC was a joke from Day One...while Robyn wipes away the eye boogers of sadness and Kody scratches his caveman head, silently befuddled by big scary words such as "management," "production," "marketing" and "customers."

• Love 6
17 hours ago, cereality said:

Annie knew Mariah was gay before her parents? Why? How do we know this? Are the 2 of them especially close? I did notice she gave her the first hug and was all smiles, but I just figured she was being supportive and wasn't super bothered bc this isn't her child or her direct grandchild that she has to deal with.

I'd have to go back to the original coming out episode (and don't plan on it) but the clip of the "reveal" showed Annie beaming in a way that reminded me that for some reason I was under the impression that she was already in on the secret.  Now, maybe she just figured it out because she's not a Brown and was keeping her mouth shut until Mariah spoke up herself... but it seems like we discussed this at the time - was there another scene or off-show social media stuff that made me think that?  Even having her in the room was an interesting choice -- she's not HER grandmother, and wasn't Mariah already out of the (her and Meri's) house before Annie even came to live with Christine?  

4 minutes ago, kassa said:

I'd have to go back to the original coming out episode (and don't plan on it) but the clip of the "reveal" showed Annie beaming in a way that reminded me that for some reason I was under the impression that she was already in on the secret.  Now, maybe she just figured it out because she's not a Brown and was keeping her mouth shut until Mariah spoke up herself... but it seems like we discussed this at the time - was there another scene or off-show social media stuff that made me think that?  Even having her in the room was an interesting choice -- she's not HER grandmother, and wasn't Mariah already out of the (her and Meri's) house before Annie even came to live with Christine?  

But just because Annie didn't live with the Browns didn't mean she wasn't a "grandmother" to all of the Brown kids.    Thousands of grandparents live in different states (or countries) than their grandkids but they visit now and then, come for holiday visits, etc.   Annie would have known all of the kids as they grew up - and if she's a loving woman she would have treated them all equally.  I know that in this situation I would.  It's even possible that Mariah saw Annie more often than her own maternal grandmother and related to her - possibly confided in her at times.

23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think it's possible that Kody and Janelle, (not Robyn or Christine) have learned a little something about business, profits, budges, marketing, etc.) So, do the ladies vote overrule the wives?  Still, they ca't force him to sign anything.  

I think they have stated previously that Kody has the final say in all decisions.

• Love 2

First time posting on this trainwreck but watched the season opener, and it'll be the last one I watch.  I watched it from the start though not religiously (pun intended).  The Brown family (leaving the kids out of it) were always unlikeable probably because of the entire nature of the "family" Kody has to be the sun and everyone else is just a satellite to revolve around him and those women are all in.  Now I find them detestable.  Each and every one.  

The thing is I could not care less about their beliefs/lifestyle -- they're adults.  It's certainly not for me (nor does it seem the adult kids) but the passive aggressiveness of the wives is beyond the pale.  Stabbing each other in the back while professing their love for their sister wives.  I don't like Meri much either, but the snark thrown at her, which they all know she would see, was cruel.  If that's how she is about calling meetings, that's how she is.  It's nothing new.  

And Tony -- I didn't like him from last season and I really disliked him in this episode.  

Anyway, hello all!  :)

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Otter said:

First time posting on this trainwreck but watched the season opener, and it'll be the last one I watch.  I watched it from the start though not religiously (pun intended).  The Brown family (leaving the kids out of it) were always unlikeable probably because of the entire nature of the "family" Kody has to be the sun and everyone else is just a satellite to revolve around him and those women are all in.  Now I find them detestable.  Each and every one.  

The thing is I could not care less about their beliefs/lifestyle -- they're adults.  It's certainly not for me (nor does it seem the adult kids) but the passive aggressiveness of the wives is beyond the pale.  Stabbing each other in the back while professing their love for their sister wives.  I don't like Meri much either, but the snark thrown at her, which they all know she would see, was cruel.  If that's how she is about calling meetings, that's how she is.  It's nothing new.  

And Tony -- I didn't like him from last season and I really disliked him in this episode.  

Anyway, hello all!  :)

Hi Otter!!  :D   I know what you mean about Meri and her meetings.  What gets me more is Robyn throwing a fit over the thought of Kody taking another wife.  I don't believe Kody WANTS another wife to tell you the truth, but if he DID, Robyn of ALL of the wives should have the least right to her opinion since the other three had to accept HER with open arms!  But someone said that the article I saw that quote in might not be accurate so.....      :D

Anyway, welcome!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I agree.  Maybe, I'm odd on this kind of thing, but, I don't even get why you have to have a huge variety of deserts at a wedding reception, when you have wedding cake, especially, if you are on a budget and trying to keep costs down.  Of course, maybe, they think the deserts are cheaper than the cake, but, I don't see how that pans out.  

So,

Spoiler

they actually got married outside, in Utah in December......that's odd. I thought Utah was cold in winter time.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Lol, just added this to followed content.  In this way I can keep up to date without subjecting myself to the actual goings on.  I really, really dislike these people.  I did from season 1 but now it's not even interesting anymore.  

Thank you all for the welcome!  Mostly I hang out on the 600# Life forum.  You get a variety of people you don't like as opposed to a typoregular diet of the same folks.  :D

Edited by Otter
typo
  • Love 3

Tony is a fucking asshole. I was screaming at the TV when he kept saying...oh the wives can do it. And then the moms try to cover by him by saying h3 is used to traditional roles. It got worse when Mykelti said he likes to make fun of racial and religious things. Sounds like a hoot!

I also screamed at the TV when Kody said...this is a decision by an emotional woman. STFU.

Run Meri runnnnnnnnnnnn!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree.  Maybe, I'm odd on this kind of thing, but, I don't even get why you have to have a huge variety of deserts at a wedding reception, when you have wedding cake, especially, if you are on a budget and trying to keep costs down.  Of course, maybe, they think the deserts are cheaper than the cake, but, I don't see how that pans out.  

So,

Reveal hidden contents

they actually got married outside, in Utah in December......that's odd. I thought Utah was cold in winter time.

I don't get the impression that M&T were even the slightest bit interested in "trying to keep costs down." They seemed hell-bent on planning on doing whatever they wanted and waiting for someone else to pay for it.

• Love 5
On 1/9/2018 at 10:35 AM, MoodyGirl said:

I think Meri might have the last laugh on this. Get everyone thinking it's a business and it's her ancestral house so they will buy her "get out of Vegas and leave Kody" house. 

And since she’s not legally married to Kody anymore, it is going to be in her name. She has no obligation to add Kody’s name on the title. She probably used Christine’s Mom as her confidant to get Christine’s vote and buy-in ahead of time. Then she got Robyn’s in June (the convo we saw). It’s was quite strategic on her part, which makes me think it’s not a whim, but a planned exit stage left. Before the Brown Brain Trust meeting, she already has a majority vote, even if Janelle and Kody don’t agree, she has majority. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Spellings punctuations
  • Love 3
On 1/8/2018 at 1:22 AM, GussieK said:

When this show failed to appear for more than a year I thought they had cancelled it. There was no info on line anywhere. Radio silence. Then suddenly it reappears. I wonder why TLC thought secrecy was necessary. 

I didn't even know the new season started, I am just now watching a re-airing of it.

I have watched every season of this show but I couldn't make it through this episode, I can't take any more wedding planning after the snoozefest with Maddie/Caleb.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I didn't even know the new season started, I am just now watching a re-airing of it.

I have watched every season of this show but I couldn't make it through this episode, I can't take any more wedding planning after the snoozefest with Maddie/Caleb.

Trust us . . . there's no snoozing with MykTony.  You'll just sit there with your jaw dropping as you hear their ideas.  Bizarro.

• Love 6

And since she’s not legally married to Kody anymore, it is going to be in her name. She has no obligation to add Kodys name on the title.

We have no idea on the titles - Meri is such a dolt she's asking for buy in from the others.  So if they agree or chip in money or it comes from the common pot then they may all be on the title. 

And Meri has no intention of leaving unless another handsome, debonair vegetarian millionaire shows up on her doorstep. She's thoroughly and completely brainwashed and will never leave.  She has no money, no skills, no drive, and no way to make it on her own.  She needs that toxic mix of the Brown Clowns to survive - she can't be alone because she'd have no one to torture, complain about, or complain to.  Who would listen to her whining?  She's too lazy to make a new life.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

We have no idea on the titles - Meri is such a dolt she's asking for buy in from the others.  So if they agree or chip in money or it comes from the common pot then they may all be on the title. 

And Meri has no intention of leaving unless another handsome, debonair vegetarian millionaire shows up on her doorstep. She's thoroughly and completely brainwashed and will never leave.  She has no money, no skills, no drive, and no way to make it on her own.  She needs that toxic mix of the Brown Clowns to survive - she can't be alone because she'd have no one to torture, complain about, or complain to.  Who would listen to her whining?  She's too lazy to make a new life.

They aren't. 

Public record shows the owner as Meri "an unmarried woman". 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

They aren't. 

The whole concept of Meri going hat in hand to the group seemed bogus to me.  Just where would they come up with the funds...SW Closet?  Income from Strive with Janelle?  Re-mortgage their homes?  I would imagine it takes every cent they earn from TLC to maintain the McMansions.

I wonder if that's why there is now chatter about Meri's mom replacing Annie as the host/manager, she apparently sold her home in Lehi and that may be where the funds came from.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

They aren't. 

If this is really a business, why is it titled in Meri's name and not the company name?  Is this a mistake or is the house really for Meri to live in when she escapes?  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I think that's a really cute picture but is it normal to be exhausted just after the ceremony? 

If they were that exhausted after ceremony, just think of how they would be after madcap dance routines Christine no doubt choreographed for the reception.

• Love 8

I think jeans for a wedding is kind of a fad right now...or maybe for awhile.... I know sneakers is pretty current.  My cousin is pretty country and her now husband and the entire grooms party (include father of the bride and groom) wore jeans. But they wore cowboy boots instead.  I like to be casual... but if I have to dress up for a wedding... well then all the men are too lol   I think guys can wear some casual dress pants and look nice.  Jeans is just a little too much for me. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

He wore jeans and sneakers for his wedding, like the loser he is.

Not even clean jeans?  There is a black spot on the leg that is stretched out - and this was before the reception so it can't be salsa from the tacos.  He didn't even wear clean jeans to his own wedding in front of 400 guests?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Not even clean jeans?  There is a black spot on the leg that is stretched out - and this was before the reception so it can't be salsa from the tacos.  He didn't even wear clean jeans to his own wedding in front of 400 guests?

Maybe it's ketchup from smashing the pinata.  

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 5

I had the same thought pinballing through my head during this episode, and I feel compelled to share it here.

When Meri was sharing her particularly poorly thought out B&B idea, all the wives, save maybe Janelle, were lamenting how often she'd be away from home, with Kody chiming in. Um, so? What difference does it make if she's there or not? They admit openly that they live almost entirely separate lives, with Meri and Janelle barely able to exist in one another's presence. They're rarely using each other for child care, they don't gather as an entire "family" very often, and they had no idea (NONE) that Meri was being catfished for months on end, because they barely ever saw her or interacted with her.

So if her absence does remove her from the family, such as it is, why are we supposed to believe it'd make any difference in anything?

• Love 15

Well at least she didn't blast this person.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeriBrown1/status/951571835094646786?p=v

Btw Meri wants her Twitter folowers to know her birthday is coming up. She has posted 3 descriptions of Capricorns the past 3 days.  She reminds me of a teenager in many ways.

36 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

I had the same thought pinballing through my head during this episode, and I feel compelled to share it here.

When Meri was sharing her particularly poorly thought out B&B idea, all the wives, save maybe Janelle, were lamenting how often she'd be away from home, with Kody chiming in. Um, so? What difference does it make if she's there or not? They admit openly that they live almost entirely separate lives, with Meri and Janelle barely able to exist in one another's presence. They're rarely using each other for child care, they don't gather as an entire "family" very often, and they had no idea (NONE) that Meri was being catfished for months on end, because they barely ever saw her or interacted with her.

So if her absence does remove her from the family, such as it is, why are we supposed to believe it'd make any difference in anything?

Janelle retweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TLC/status/951572084995624961?p=v

Why do they keep calling it her dream home if it's a business??

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

And they always refer to them as "the homes" instead of "the houses".  Before they owned them they were houses, and then they became homes.  

It wasn't really "home" to Meri until she got herself to the the gift shoppe to buy all the inspirational plaques to adorn her walls.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

When Meri was sharing her particularly poorly thought out B&B idea, all the wives, save maybe Janelle, were lamenting how often she'd be away from home, with Kody chiming in. Um, so?

So glad you reminded me of this. When this was brought up during the show, all I could think about was the LuLaRoe schedules Meri is always posting. She is gone all the time anyway, traveling all over the West doing pop-up sales shows. When she isn't selling shitty leggings, she's at the Happiest Place on Earth. If they want to keep acting like they have to have Meri around for family reasons or because they lurve her (in other words, for the show's storylines), then maybe keep her off social media.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

So glad you reminded me of this. When this was brought up during the show, all I could think about was the LuLaRoe schedules Meri is always posting. She is gone all the time anyway, traveling all over the West doing pop-up sales shows. When she isn't selling shitty leggings, she's at the Happiest Place on Earth. If they want to keep acting like they have to have Meri around for family reasons or because they lurve her (in other words, for the show's storylines), then maybe keep her off social media.

Ooh, this is a really good point! Meri is already away from home a good portion of the time. She's already away from "the family." What difference would another business make?

• Love 3

I have an idea meri  is around because she signed a contract to be there!

These shows don't start up open ended.  Attorney's make sure the show is protected.  Meri is under contract and that's why she's there.

As far as houses and weddings and colleges a d trips that's all paid for by the show!

Watch the long stream of commercials that pay huge sums of money to honk their products.

This show is a money tree.  Every event the Brown family shows is a season with advertiser's money pouring in!

I would guess the homes were given to them over several years.  First year 20% ownership, second year 40% and so on!

TV is BIG business!

• Love 1