Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Meri Moving?

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Just an alternative idea I though this throw out there. 

I think it's the fact that they ARE acting like complete raging dicks, despite the fact that they are getting their dream wedding paid for by TLC, that has many folks pissed off. Yeah, 400 guests is ridiculous, as is 4000 tacos. And don't get me started on ketchup-squirting pinatas. But the rest of the stuff is just the usual wedding blah-blah. Eye-blurring colors, strapless dresses, too many attendants, Pintrest Decoration Overload, etc. M & FT could at least dial down the horrible behavior and at least act a little bit grateful and respectful for what is being handed to them. Just because they sold out in order to keep their family on TV for another season doesn't mean they need to act like jackasses. Really.  

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I totally get people saying that if Tony and Mykelti want a big wedding they should be paying for it themselves or economizing somehow or something. They are totally coming across as ignorant entitled brats. I see that. 

But a small part of me says ... why the hell not grab for everything they can get? They are ponying up themselves, their relationship, their wedding ... all for the sake of the show. How many episodes will this be dragged out across? What will it mean in terms of ratings? They are providing a sizeable amount of fodder for this shit show so why shouldn't they ask for the moon?

It's not their fault that the gravy train will have been long dried up by the time Truely trots down the aisle and there won't be money flowing in to pay for her wedding. Its not like if they scrimp now it means the younger kids will benefit. As if the Brown parents would actually put aside money for the other kids to spend on their weddings down the road, yeah right.  

They fact of the matter is the Browns are on tv right now, people are watching them right now, Mykelti and Tony are putting themselves out there for the sake of the show right now, and maybe they are entitled to grab whatever they can as a reward while they have the chance.

I do see your point.

6 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

I think it's the fact that they ARE acting like complete raging dicks, despite the fact that they are getting their dream wedding paid for by TLC, that has many folks pissed off. Yeah, 400 guests is ridiculous, as is 4000 tacos. And don't get me started on ketchup-squirting pinatas. But the rest of the stuff is just the usual wedding blah-blah. Eye-blurring colors, strapless dresses, too many attendants, Pintrest Decoration Overload, etc. M & FT could at least dial down the horrible behavior and at least act a little bit grateful and respectful for what is being handed to them. Just because they sold out in order to keep their family on TV for another season doesn't mean they need to act like jackasses. Really.  

And totally agree with you!

• Love 5

...he's living with Michelle, kissing her (probably sleeping with her)...

Not unless he got rid of that lame ass quilt they gave him when he went to college! That would be a major mood killer.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Not unless he got rid of that lame ass quilt they gave him when he went to college! That would be a major mood killer.

Lame ass quilt!  What?  I am a quilter!!!  No quilts are lameass!  Some are more pleasing than others but some ugly quilts are well loved.  YMMV. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Lame ass quilt!  What?  I am a quilter!!!  No quilts are lameass!  Some are more pleasing than others but some ugly quilts are well loved.  YMMV. 

My daughter is a quilter too, and I could never EVER express what her beautiful quilts mean to all of us!  The work and love that goes into each one is phenomenal.   They are nice and warm, too!!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, cereality said:

Agreed. He seems like a great kid. He has spoken about this before in an early season -- that he would love to stay around and be the reliable big brother for everyone, but if he were to wait until all of his siblings launched, he'd be well into his 30s-40s before he could start his life. As such I think he took his big brother role seriously for the first 18 yrs of his life -- and I think still remains available especially to his full siblings -- but when he graduated high school, I think he deliberately decided he needed to focus on his life. In doing that, he's graduated from flagship state u, is now pursuing an MBA,

Well this is great. At least someone in their family can formulate a business plan and tell them honestly that My Sister Wives Closet is a terrible idea and will never make any money.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Well this is great. At least someone in their family can formulate a business plan and tell them honestly that My Sister Wives Closet is a terrible idea and will never make any money.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but in your opinion why?  I was under the impression that the items are too pricey.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:42 PM, answerphone said:

I've only watched 7 minutes of the new season and I'd forgotten how creepy and annoying Tony is. ?. 

Poor Christine!

I was determined to watch this season with my wife. That didn't work out exactly as I'd planned. I survived six minutes - SIX MINUTES - of the new season and told her she'd have to recap it for me. I did really try, though. I simply found myself nearly unable to prevent myself from throwing something at the TV whenever either half of that obese, slovenly, immature, entitled, arrogant, demanding, broke-ass couple was on the screen.

• Love 11
On 1/8/2018 at 0:33 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Tony doesn't give a shit about his family and is showing he doesn't give a shit about Mykelti and the Browns either. He is seriously paternalistic and I bet he will be making a run at polygamy in the near future.

But doesn't that go against his church? I thought the reason Mykelti couldn't become a member was because their Polygamous family was too famous? 

On 1/8/2018 at 9:23 PM, cereality said:

Logan and Michelle are engaged now and hopefully the show lasts long enough that we get to see how those 2 will handle a wedding compared to these 2 morons. I think there is a significant difference in intelligence and rationality between Janelle's kids and Christine's kids.

someone else mentioned this below that i quote - but it will be a completely different situation since traditionally the bride and her family kinda run the show and take on the financial aspect.  The browns likely won't have any say at all and it will probably drive them batshit crazy lol

Also, no comments on how Kody said how he so badly wants to feed into their idea for a giant awesome party beacause he wants to be known as the guy who throws really great parties??? 

On 1/8/2018 at 9:31 PM, Chris Knight said:

Do "street " tacos rilly have only meat on them ? No cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, guac ? And even if they are small, 10 tacos/person sounds crazy. Are they bite-sized ?

I'm a big sour cream fan and I've been told that sour cream on tacos is a totally americanized thing.  I had a roommate/friend who's mom was mexican and knew a lot of traditional dishes and one time she was over as was my family and she made traditional tacos and put peas in the taco meat. She then of course had to make some without peas for the picky eaters (not me, I think i totally ate the taco with peas) but that's also when i was told that traditionally tacos in mexico do not have sour cream.  I need a little something to go on the meat though. tomatoes... cheese... guac... pico... whatever! except jalepenos lol  and I can do without lettuce, that's just weird filler. 

On 1/9/2018 at 9:03 AM, AZChristian said:

RE:  Logan and Michelle's wedding plans.  IMHO . . . totally different situation.  Traditionally, the bride's parents foot the bill for the wedding (if the couple doesn't do it themselves).  So far on SW, we've had two daughters get married.  Comparisons as to what their weddings cost are understandable.  But wouldn't the Browns - because they are so "traditional" - assume that Michelle's family will be primarily responsible for that wedding if L&M weren't on record as saying they were doing it themselves?

I agree - it will be a completely different situation UNLESS that wedding also gets comped by TLC because only then will the Browns have any sort of say in what happens.  But if most of the financial burden is on Michelle's family then the browns get no say, which I'm kinda hoping for because I think that will drive them nuts. 

I don't know why tony thinks everyone is going to eat 10 tiny tacos.. well maybe i do know because he probably eats 20.  I like food and I could maybe eat 4 and be totally done.

And I liked it when Christine said she was happy for Meri because she secretly wanted to have a B&B too.  I thought that was kind of funny.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but in your opinion why?  I was under the impression that the items are too pricey.

They originally came to market with items designed by themselves in sterling silver, priced in the $100. range, when similar items could be purchased at Walmart for $25.  When their fan base absorbed all they could of the $100. items, they switched to tacky jewelry made off shore that could be purchased at any flea market.  There is a limit to what people will pay simply for the cachet that the item has passed through the hands of a Brown.

IMO, the only items priced in the ball park of good value and reasonably unique were Annie's bags, but they seem to have fallen by the wayside.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

IMO, the only items priced in the ball park of good value and reasonably unique were Annie's bags, but they seem to have fallen by the wayside.

OH YES - I've heard many good things about Annie's bags!!  

So.... is this "Closet" and TLC the only way the family supports themselves?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

But doesn't that go against his church? I thought the reason Mykelti couldn't become a member was because their Polygamous family was too famous? 

Why would Tony want polygamy even though it is against his church?  For the same two reasons Kodouche converted from mainstream Mormon to polygamy cult.  One, he's a male and wants variety of p***y, without the hassle and guilt of affairs. Two, he's damn lazy wants wants a bunch of women doing all of his chores. He mentioned several times on the show how lucky Kody was to have all the wives doing all the work and clean up. 

• Love 8
On 1/8/2018 at 8:47 AM, greekmom said:

But who would want to buy it?  Living in that crappy cul de sac with those yahoos?

I thought of the same thing. I guess I am joining you in hell.

Save me space at your table! Because I'm on my way down, too!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

OH YES - I've heard many good things about Annie's bags!!  

So.... is this "Closet" and TLC the only way the family supports themselves?

Not sure how much if any, income is being generated with Strive by Janelle.  Meri appears to have done well with LLR, but don't know if she is expected to throw her profits into the communal pot.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But a small part of me says ... why the hell not grab for everything they can get? They are ponying up themselves, their relationship, their wedding ... all for the sake of the show. How many episodes will this be dragged out across? What will it mean in terms of ratings? They are providing a sizeable amount of fodder for this shit show so why shouldn't they ask for the moon?

It's interesting to me that their "moon" includes an outdoor wedding in Utah in December, a taco buffet, and life-size pinatas that literally bleed ketchup, all wrapped in a shroud of maroon, silver, teal, and yellow.  Different strokes for different folks and all, but seriously this is the level of stuff for which they're willing to expose themselves as total brats on national tv.  If I was sitting on the family's only viable tv plot and was willing to be portrayed as demanding and entitled I would have held out for the fanciest hotel ballroom in town with a sit-down dinner and live band, or better yet a destination wedding on a beautiful beach that would have been too expensive for all the "fambly" to attend. :) 

Oh, and it still boggles my mind that in real life these two have already celebrated their one-year anniversary.

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

It's interesting to me that their "moon" includes an outdoor wedding in Utah in December, a taco buffet, and life-size pinatas that literally bleed ketchup, all wrapped in a shroud of maroon, silver, teal, and yellow.  Different strokes for different folks and all, but seriously this is the level of stuff for which they're willing to expose themselves as total brats on national tv.  If I was sitting on the family's only viable tv plot and was willing to be portrayed as demanding and entitled I would have held out for the fanciest hotel ballroom in town with a sit-down dinner and live band, or better yet a destination wedding on a beautiful beach that would have been too expensive for all the "fambly" to attend. :) 

Oh, and it still boggles my mind that in real life these two have already celebrated their one-year anniversary.

I imagine it will look like that scene from the movie "Carrie". 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I had a roommate/friend who's mom was mexican and knew a lot of traditional dishes and one time she was over as was my family and she made traditional tacos and put peas in the taco meat. 

I had a friend with the same background and she taught me to add potatoes fried with onions, which provides flavor and texture and mellows out the cilantro. Yum! (Roasted corn does the same thing.)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I imagine it will look like that scene from the movie "Carrie". 

Do you ever wonder if they will look back on this in 20-30 years and be embarrassed and mortified?  Or will they have warm and fuzzy feelings about bride and groom pinatas with ketchup?  (Although I didn't get the impression that the ketchup part is going to actually happen).    I have no issues with the colors I guess - we all have our own favorite color combinations - and heaven knows I love good Mexican food.... I just can't get past the idea of them beating each other in effigy on their wedding day.   And does anyone know WHY they want an outdoor wedding?  Maybe in Spring or Summer.... but uh... December?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Not sure how much if any, income is being generated with Strive by Janelle.  Meri appears to have done well with LLR, but don't know if she is expected to throw her profits into the communal pot.

Even if the fam "expects" her to pool the LLR money, I can't see selfish Meri doing it.  She had to have the biggest house for her imaginary 8 kids!  When she was the HBIC, she got used to getting the most of everything.  She's awful.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I totally get people saying that if Tony and Mykelti want a big wedding they should be paying for it themselves or economizing somehow or something. They are totally coming across as ignorant entitled brats. I see that. 

It's not their fault that the gravy train will have been long dried up by the time Truely trots down the aisle and there won't be money flowing in to pay for her wedding. Its not like if they scrimp now it means the younger kids will benefit. As if the Brown parents would actually put aside money for the other kids to spend on their weddings down the road, yeah right.  

They fact of the matter is the Browns are on tv right now, people are watching them right now, Mykelti and Tony are putting themselves out there for the sake of the show right now, and maybe they are entitled to grab whatever they can as a reward while they have the chance.

That's kind of where I am about this.  Tony and Mykelti are a couple of snots.  But Cody deserves it 100% for creating this trainwreck.

If this thing wasn't being filmed, I doubt it would be playing out the way we've seen.  For goodness sake!  If your wedding plans involve taco stand, life-size pinatas, "bro's-men" and "bitches", why in the hell are you looking for a nice venue?  You think that's going to make it classy?

On the B&B, Meri really should have led her pitch with the fact that she had a chance to bring a house with family heritage back, in the town her great-grandfather founded, back into the family; and use the B&B angle as something that potentially could help pay back the purchase price.  

That being said, it was funny to see Cody pretend to know what consultants do. (I know, the "consultants" here are probably Meri's Twitter followers).  But it's still a riot every time Cody affects this Solomonic, fingers-steepled, pose.  

• Love 6

All the demands that M&T were making for their wedding, with all the "parents" going out of their way to make it happen.  Ok, take the same scenario, but instead plunk in a kid, really wanting to go to a good college and asking for tuition from this same group.  "OH NO we can't afford that, it's just not in our budget.  That much for tuition is asking too much".   

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

All the demands that M&T were making for their wedding, with all the "parents" going out of their way to make it happen.  Ok, take the same scenario, but instead plunk in a kid, really wanting to go to a good college and asking for tuition from this same group.  "OH NO we can't afford that, it's just not in our budget.  That much for tuition is asking too much".   

But TLC will pay money for the wedding so that viewers can see the tacky pinatas but they won't pay for college.   It's not something they can show to viewers and maintain interest.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

Why would Tony want polygamy even though it is against his church?  For the same two reasons Kodouche converted from mainstream Mormon to polygamy cult.  One, he's a male and wants variety of p***y, without the hassle and guilt of affairs.

Tony is extremely immature. He converted from being a Catholic to being a Mormon at age 17. He comes from a family that is very new to the country and I can guarantee still deeply Catholic. His conversion was a big dill and probably caused some strife in the family. Why would he even convert? Answer: he is easily persuaded and manipulated. I can see him being around the Brown family for a few years, possibly attending some plyg events with them and thinking, "Yep, time for another change. Daddy needs some more hands in the kitchen and p***y in the boudoir." (sorry). Kody will be in Tony's ear 24/7 if he thinks there is a possibility Tony might want to convert. Kody will do everything possible to rope in a second generation into the sect. They are relentless. Mykelti will fight it but who knows if she can stop it.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Tony is extremely immature. He converted from being a Catholic to being a Mormon at age 17. He comes from a family that is very new to the country and I can guarantee still deeply Catholic. His conversion was a big dill and probably caused some strife in the family. Why would he even convert? Answer: he is easily persuaded and manipulated. I can see him being around the Brown family for a few years, possibly attending some plyg events with them and thinking, "Yep, time for another change. Daddy needs some more hands in the kitchen and p***y in the boudoir." (sorry). Kody will be in Tony's ear 24/7 if he thinks there is a possibility Tony might want to convert. Kody will do everything possible to rope in a second generation into the sect. They are relentless. Mykelti will fight it but who knows if she can stop it.

Yes, he fits right in with the Browns.  Like Kody, the only "thinking" is with the little head.

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Love quilts too, but this was Logan's (this is the only image I could find)

quilt.jpg

Did they actually refer to it as a viginity quilt, or was that an online thing?

Is it called a "virginity quilt" because it will cause ED in any man trying to engage in sex in a bed on which it lies?  

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Is it called a "virginity quilt" because it will cause ED in any man trying to engage in sex in a bed on which it lies?  

Pretty much.

Logan is packing up for college, and he's excited to be out on his own for a while.  He's not going to be shedding any tears when he moves into his dorm, that's for sure.  Robyn's sister is making him a photo quilt of all of the family members in UNLV colors.  Poor Logan.  Do they want him to be totally ostracized by the other freshman?  The family is signing the quilt, and basically we learn that this quilt is to kill any premarital sex life that Logan may aspire to have.  
http://www.realitytea.com/2012/12/31/sister-wives-recap-5-kody-brown-meri-robyn-christine/

• Love 6

I wonder if Logan is keeping his distance from the show not just out of common sense, but out of a desire to marry in the LDS church and avoid the obstruction Mykelti went through.  Of course if it's common knowledge he's living with the girlfriend, maybe not.  Or maybe she's not even LDS. And marriage aside, he may not want the Family Circus interfering/affecting his professional and social prospects. The family seems to be cooperating -- whether there's some kind of estrangement or he's just asked them to keep his name out of their mouths on the show, I don't know.  The other older boy children also seemed MIA.

I too wondered how Annie was (supposedly) keeping all of this from Christine.  Seems highly unlikely.  I don't think Meri necessarily was recruiting Annie to get back at Christine -- maybe it's a ploy to get closer to Mariah.  Remember how Annie was in on Mariah being gay before her own parents were?  How she beamed when Mariah made her announcement?  Could also be a ploy to co-opt Mariah's other mother figure?

Also, they could ALL be in on it as a spinoff -- Sister Wives Motel! (Picture this: Meri plans to leave, they concoct the purchase of the house as her exit strategy (she signs over the LV house) and pitch the show - she gets the B+B house (this season of SW), she then leaves the family and launches the spinoff, which they all own a piece of and make guest appearances on.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

That much for tuition is asking too much".   

2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

But TLC will pay money for the wedding so that viewers can see the tacky pinatas but they won't pay for college.   It's not something they can show to viewers and maintain interest

Sorry, but you're both wrong.  The answer is - country club rental fees can be dissolved in bankruptcy.  Student loans can not.

• Love 16

No quilts are lameass! 

Seriously , people, did you see that horror?  I can't even fathom why any kid heading to college would not have thrown that monstrosity off of a high bridge on the way out of town.  I guarantee Michelle is not cuddling Logan under a carpet of pictures of the entire Brown Clown clan.

That, my friends, is a lame ass quilt.

• Love 13
On 1/7/2018 at 5:39 PM, toodles said:

Omg.  I thought Tony couldn't get any worse.  Boy was I wrong.  What a dick.

On the other hand, Christine' girls are really pretty.  Christine needs to dial it down a notch.

I am sure I will have more to say but I am starting here.  I LOATHE Tony and think he is a total douchebag.  I don't find him funny or clever.  I find him to be an entitled hanger on trying to get some of that TLC gravy.  Kody et al?  They seem like they are trying WAY to hard to like him.  I suspect they really don't.  Tony's brother is a hairy fella isn't he?

On 1/7/2018 at 6:15 PM, WhatsUpDummy said:

Ugh, Tony’s so gross. I know “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” and all that, but I truly do not understand what Mykelti sees in him. So unattractive on every single level. She must have been so desperate to get married to hitch herself to him. And no snark here, but they’ve both gotten bigger, right? 

A lot.  Its those 10 taco meals (4000 tacos?  Are you effing kidding me??).  If some asshole expecting ME to pay for their wedding/reception expected to call all the shots about how much things were going to cost he/she would get a prompt elbow to the throat.  Mykelti has really stopped caring how she looks.  His parents seemed nice and his siblings didn't say enough to judge.  But sometimes one of your kids out of however many is a total asshole no matter what you do.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

Also, no comments on how Kody said how he so badly wants to feed into their idea for a giant awesome party beacause he wants to be known as the guy who throws really great parties??? 

Kody does not throw really great parties. He throws really big fits. In the cul de sac. After trying for 6 hours to hang those stupid twinkly lights. 

4 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Why would Tony want polygamy even though it is against his church?  For the same two reasons Kodouche converted from mainstream Mormon to polygamy cult.  One, he's a male and wants variety of p***y, without the hassle and guilt of affairs. Two, he's damn lazy wants wants a bunch of women doing all of his chores. He mentioned several times on the show how lucky Kody was to have all the wives doing all the work and clean up. 

Yes, that was not lost on me. He sat his fat ass down on the couch as soon as he got there and told Kody to send "the wives" to get the tables. He would LOVE the ideas of plural marriage. 

• Love 12
On 1/7/2018 at 8:43 PM, Desert Rat said:

I'll give Meri some credit, a BNB is a much better idea than that idiotic SW closet or any of Janelle's "fitness" schemes.

Let's just hope she leaves the day to day ops to Annie who I think I would like a lot.  She seems like she has a lot to say and would be super interesting.  Otherwise the B&B will be run with as much enthusiasm and success as Janelle the Fitness Instructor and her schemes.  OR just had another thought.  The B&B is a place to store some $ and have a big write off when it fails to earn a cent?

Kody was a giant jerk during table-gate before the arrival of mother/father Fatter Tony.  And Tony, when your intended and her family cannot speak the language of your parents quit being a dick and actually translate!

There were a few moments watching this where I thought I lost my mind.  I agreed with Kody about the B&B and his concerns over catering AND Robyn when she was telling Meri how to approach the others about the B&B.  About that B&B?  I am sure it is perfectly nice and all but it really needs some spiffing up.  A little too grandma.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:19 PM, Splithair said:

Vintage is not a culture.

I would like her to explain vintage.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Xena said:

Sorry, but you're both wrong.  The answer is - country club rental fees can be dissolved in bankruptcy.  Student loans can not.

I wouldn't have put that together!  Very true.  They do "bleed the beast" every which way, so not surprising.

49 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Seriously , people, did you see that horror?  I can't even fathom why any kid heading to college would not have thrown that monstrosity off of a high bridge on the way out of town.  I guarantee Michelle is not cuddling Logan under a carpet of pictures of the entire Brown Clown clan.

I have a quilter friend, and have 2 of her creations.  They look nothing like Logan's, and I am thankful for that.  Everything the Clowns do is for show, anyway.

• Love 1
On 1/8/2018 at 0:16 AM, Spiderella2 said:

And they are back for more. 

So ToKyleti (strange even typing that) are quite entitled with all their demands for the wedding. And very out of touch with the realities of throwing a “huge party”. It sounds like Tony wants a circus party for everyone he’s ever met in his life, while Mykelti wants something more elegant and polished.  Why don’t the Browns just give her a Reasonable budget and don’t give a cent more?. Say, Maddie’s wedding cost us $X, and you will get the same adjusted for inflation.  Anything else, you have to come up with in your own. Keep the formula for all the other kids. Are they covering the entire or most of the wedding? It seems like that to me. The third property fit all their requirements, even had a bride and groom changing suite that was quite posh and not in a toilet. But Mykelti went with the 1st one because she vibes with the wedding planner. She probably saw how stressed Maddie was without one and desperately wants one. Does she not realize she could hire a wedding planner, and go with a dream venue? 

Meri , why buy a B&B in a backwards podunk town, 3hrs from an airport, with only a 3 month winter seasonal tourist season? Who do you really think will be coming to spend money here? It’s so out of the way that even your most rabid fans won’t or can’t venture too. And you don’t have that many fans in general, let alone those dedicated to come all the way to Podunk, spend all that money to come see you. It’s a horrible business potential, even with her social “celebrity” capital.  Tell the truth, you want this as a settlement, and you are tired and ditching this horrible travesty of a marriage  with Kodouche.

I think the B&B business is just a ploy to finally establish her own life away from Kody, with a huge financial security blanket endowed from the family. That the other wives even went along with this financially was unfair to their kids and ridiculous. Once again, here is another prime example of  Meri getting a bigger slice of the pie for herself. It won’t take off, but if it was a hit, I doubt she would share all the profits with the other wives. They are horrible business people...way too emotional. For once I agree with Kody. 

A venue manager is NOT a wedding planner.  That person is there to make sure the room set up that the bride wanted is done, that all the equipment is set up,capacity is adhered to,  the event runs on time, and makes VENUE specific arrangements.  They are NOT there to help you with the wedding planning details other than make suggestions about what works where and yes or no to questions.  M's assumptions about Tonya or whatever her name was irritated me.  Unless this person is also a wedding planner but it is too much work to worry about the venue as well as venue/catering staff (for 400+ people) as well as all of the details M and FT want.  This isn't a small 50 person wedding.  It is 400+ freaking people.  The other thing that made me stabby as a venue manager was the blatant disregard for capacity issues.  If I say we can have 300, we cannot have more.  If more show up I am not letting them in and worse case scenario I am getting the PD involved.  You have to take this sort of thing seriously.  I have all my new staff watch the Station Fire on Youtube.  It haunts you and underscores ones responsibility when people come to your 'house' so to speak.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I love quilts.  My MIL makes amazing ones and I'm in awe.  That said, I know a creepy quilt when I see one.  Guarantee that it is folded up, packed away.  

• Love 4
On 1/8/2018 at 6:44 AM, toodles said:

Pinterest strikes again.  The flying wish lanterns, or as I call them flying forest fire starters, were all the thing about five years ago.  Piñata, taco truck blah, blah, blah were all over Pinterest  a few years ago. 

I laughed when FT said tacos are cheap because all you need to pay for is the meat.  So who is going to make a bazillion tacos?  He had no idea how a catered event works.

When they posted pictures of the wedding LAST YEAR, everyone looked liked they were freezing. 

On a really shallow note, Merit needs to lay off the dark brown eye-shadow.  It makes her look like an oompah loompa.

We have catering at our venue and I looked at the south of the border menu.  The least expensive option was $14.75/person.  It comes with all the stuff like lemonade/tea and sides BUT this is the non meat option.  I have to say I love tacos more than just about anything so I cannot snark on them for choosing that food.  The problem comes with wanting 10 tacos per person.  They really need to make sure it isn't a help yourself buffet.  If your guests are going to over indulge in food (like they haven't eaten in months) you need to spring for a server.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

They really need to make sure it isn't a help yourself buffet.  If your guests are going to over indulge in food (like they haven't eaten in months) you need to spring for a server.

This is where M & FT showed their incredible stupidity. They just walked into these venues and started telling the venue managers what they wanted, in a very convoluted and confusing manner. I didn't see anyone taking notes. Just two kids dreaming and spinning wheels and the five "adults" following them around looking stunned. At the first venue, they finally sat down and asked some questions but I honestly don't think the kids were paying any real attention. They just kept up with, "Yeah OK but we want....." They didn't learn anything from their experience at the first venue either. They acted the exact same way at the other two venues and managed to add even MORE stupid shit to the demand list.

I'm dreading the dress shopping with FT there. He will be intolerable.

• Love 8
On 1/8/2018 at 7:31 PM, Chris Knight said:

Do "street " tacos rilly have only meat on them ? No cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, guac ? And even if they are small, 10 tacos/person sounds crazy. Are they bite-sized ?

They have meat (carne asada, pollo, carnitas, al pastor) + onions + cilantro and maybe salsa.  That is it.  The corn tortillas are smaller than average corn tortillas.  3 tacos is a usual serving.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:17 AM, xwordfanatik said:

I've heard Park City is one of the only places one can buy alcohol in Utah; is that true?  I need wine just to watch this crap :)

Jealous much, dear Meri?  She's such a bitch.  She helps make hate-watching fun, though.

No but you have to buy them in state run liquor stores that have limited hours.  Its been a long time since I was there but I know you CAN buy it, its just not as easy as say running to Von's.

• Love 1