Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Meri Moving?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Let me see if I can assess their current situation.  As per Kody, he and Meri are no longer intimate; Janelle probably doesn’t care whether he spends the night; Robyn appears to be over him and can barely hide her disdain. Which leaves Christine. She was practically sitting in his lap during the couch sessions.  I have a feeling she is getting most of his attention these days.  Three years ago, and most notably during their couple’s counseling in Galveston, Kody seemed to be looking for a way or reason to rid himself of Christine.  So, I find this turn of events rather interesting.   

She's getting his attention (and gleefully acting like a little lapdog because of it) because it's their daughter that's getting married, so they are forced to interact quite a bit. I'm sure after this wedding shit show is over the Kodester will be back to ignoring the ever annoying Christine. Can't say I blame him. Looks like Robin is being pretty critical of him, on camera no less. In fact, she's downright nasty to him.  I don't see how Kodester can be too happy about that. Time to look for an adoring wife #5. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This show is so far behind. What's the point of watching Mykelti plan a wedding that happened over a year ago???

I do have to say, though. I don't like Tony. I just don't. I'm glad Christine grew to love and accept him, but I can't get on board with that dude. The Browns can claim he's "mischievous" and just "likes to push buttons". But I just see a disrespectful little shit. Who talks the way he does in front of his inlaws??? It's just annoying how funny he thinks he is, how controversial. He's a dumb, little dork. 

And Kody is his usual douchey self. Completely flipping out over the table and chair placement. "This has been planned by an emotional woman, not an engineer". Yea, because a lot of engineers spend their time on seating configurations. And you want to talk "emotional"? You're the only one yelling, sweetheart. 

Oh, and he thinks he's done having kids at his age, because - and I quote - "I don't ever want my kids growing up feeling lonely for a parent". Too late, fucker. Seen any of Christine's kids lately? Without being bribed by gym mats???

Tony's parents seemed cool, though. His mom appeared very sweet and it wasn't lost on me that she jumped right in to help clean up dinner. 

And WHO are these 400 people they need to invite to their wedding? I know I'm kind of a loner, but 400 people??? Seriously? Are they inviting all of their SM followers? That's just outrageous. If you want that many people, you need to plan something cheaper than a fancy country club. Who do these fools think they are? 

FLOVE Truly being over the flower girl gig.  And that Kody isn't officiating this time. 

I KNEW the whole "Meri moving out" controversy wouldn't be what they were building it up to be. Personally, as much as I can't stand Meri, I'd like to see her get some distance from the family. I think it would be good for her. I'm not sure if the B&B is the best idea, but I totally get the sentimentality behind it. I'm very into family ancestry, and history in general. I get the allure. Would it be profitable, is the question? It seems like the current owner doesn't have a high occupancy rate. Maybe she could drum up some other business by renting the dining room out to local businesses for functions and what-not. Do more than just weddings out back. I don't know....this is just the most animated I've seen her in a long time. During the couch sessions - she just sits there. The other wives are cutting up and having a good time. Meri? Nothing. This is something that brings her joy, and I think it would be good for Annie as well.

Maybe they could sell Meri's house (although, who'd want to share the cul-de-sac with these people???) to come up with the money for it. That's a whole lot of wasted house for one person. 

I was watching Lisa Ling's documentary program on Las Vegas and the squatter problem there and I swear one house she and an agent went to looked just like the area where these grifters live.   So good luck on selling the house. People walk away and sometimes a false lease happens or just squatters move in.  With all the family there I'm sure that wouldn't happen.  Oh I really don't wantt to see a bathtub birth. Call me crazy. 

I agree Mari should run. Knowing these people it's probably a way to hide income. 

10 tacos for each person?!  When will they invent television where I can reach in a slap that kid? Electric shock maybe? 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 5

Only watched the first half, gonna save the rest. Oh, the wonderful winter of my guilty tv pleasures, this sh** fest, Whitney Thore and Dr. Now. I'm in tv heaven. We travel a fair amount in the continental U.S. We used to use VRBO, and more recently AirBandB. Who goes to these more traditional B and B's? Are they still a thing? I'm thinking northeast and the movie Baby Boom and Newhart show. Anybody know?

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Unless you have actually priced how much catered food is per person, it's difficult to understand how pricey it is.  Even events like a bridal shower where you have chicken salad, fruit, cheese, etc. is very expensive.  I have no idea of their budget, but, the way Kody acted, their taste is too rich for what they have. Perhaps, an afternoon event where you just serve cake and ice cream., would be more in line with their budget.  Then dancing and fire hazards. 

SO MUCH THIS!!! My daughter is getting married on Saturday with 40 guests. I am here to tell you that even 40 people (or the 15 at the rehearsal dinner) adds up quickly. I can't even fathom having 400 people at any price. What a zoo!!

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Who goes to these more traditional B and B's? Are they still a thing? I

I think it depends on where you go.  We went to York (England) and stayed in the most AMAZING B&B.    SO much better than a hotel.  But I read someone's comment about wanting to go skiing and then soak up the heat from a jacuzzi and have all of the hotel amenities afterwards - NOT a B&B and I can agree with that.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

SO MUCH THIS!!! My daughter is getting married on Saturday with 40 guests. I am here to tell you that even 40 people (or the 15 at the rehearsal dinner) adds up quickly. I can't even fathom having 400 people at any price. What a zoo!!

It's true.  I've helped with planning a few showers, rehearsal dinners, etc.  and after getting prices......we prepared the food ourselves. Very good too.  Once, a friend who runs a restaurant donated some cooked food! That was awesome, but, unless you really are able to dole out the money, you really have to watch the numbers. I suppose for some, money is no object, but, it doesn't seem that Kody is giving out that vibe.  Plus, it doesn't seem that the couple is going to chip in.  I can't see them using their TLC checks to pay for the thing.  lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's true.  I've helped with planning a few showers, rehearsal dinners, etc.  and after getting prices......we prepared the food ourselves. Very good too.  Once, a friend who runs a restaurant donated some cooked food! That was awesome, but, unless you really are able to dole out the money, you really have to watch the numbers. I suppose for some, money is no object, but, it doesn't seem that Kody is giving out that vibe.  Plus, it doesn't seem that the couple is going to chip in.  I can't see them using their TLC checks to pay for the thing.  lol

Well I'm sure that Tony could suggest that they sell two of the houses (and the family could then all cram into the remaining two houses) so that he could have a more elaborate wedding.

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Only watched the first half, gonna save the rest. Oh, the wonderful winter of my guilty tv pleasures, this sh** fest, Whitney Thore and Dr. Now. I'm in tv heaven. We travel a fair amount in the continental U.S. We used to use VRBO, and more recently AirBandB. Who goes to these more traditional B and B's? Are they still a thing? I'm thinking northeast and the movie Baby Boom and Newhart show. Anybody know?

if you love guilty-pleasure viewing, you must add 90 Day Fiance to your schedule!  It's over now, but was on in the Fall.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Don't shoot me!

But

I feel sorriest for Meri. She's a literal fish out of water with (again) literally nowhere to belong and no one to belong to. She's not married but she's married, she's not single but she's divorced, she's got a husband but she's single....she's despised by one and all and everything she does is either laughed at or poo-pooed as being a dumb idea.

It's Karma. I don't feel sorry for Meri. She treated the other wives poorly when she as in favor, now she is getting payback.  The Browns wanted us to see the truth about polygamy, and indeed they have. It's a sad, lonely, miserable existence. That is the truth.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

It's Karma. I don't feel sorry for Meri. She treated the other wives poorly when she as in favor, now she is getting payback.  The Browns wanted us to see the truth about polygamy, and indeed they have. It's a sad, lonely, miserable existence. That is the truth.

It does seem that most of the polygamist stories are unhappy ones.  They look pretty good for a minute, but, when you start looking closer, you see that it's not what they want it to be.  There is the ideal set up and then there's the truth.  I suspect that Kody will be the last in his line to practice polygamy.  It doesn't seem like any of his kids will go that way. 

I was surprised that Meri was able to get the words Bed and Breakfast out of her mouth.  Normally, she cries and goes on and on with these drawn out half sentences that make no sense and end up being questions like,

I'm not sure, but, I've been thinking and thought that I might sort of, kind of, consider it in a way, but, I'm not sure, I mean my feelings are still so unsure and maybe, it's not what I thought, but, perhaps, it might be, sort of what I wanted.   

How's that for a Meri brainstorm? 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

You know what's awful?  There are MULTIPLE places online where you can get bride and groom pinatas.  We are doomed as a society when people want to put in ketchup packets so that when anyone hits the pinata, it looks like blood.  There is no part of this that is in good taste (obviously) . . . but it really does seem that "celebrating" your marriage by beating your beloved's effigy is just WAAAAAAY over the top.  Will they celebrate every anniversary by continuing to beat each other?????

Ketchup packets?  WTH?  I guess I was asleep when they mentioned ketchup packets. I assumed Fat Tony wanted to fill the pinatas with 6 or 7 hundred pounds of crap candy or tacos.

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 3

So....my theory.  I rewatched the Maddie wedding episode.  Maddie was all forceful, saying “I need this” and “this is how xxxx will be”. 

Mykelti is taking a page out of her book, being demanding.  But she is also jealous and wanting to out-do. 

And the B & B?  Meri will eventually end up living there full time, and it will no longer be a B & B. It will “surprisingly” fail.   It’s her excuse to GET OUT.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Ketchup packets?  WTH?  I guess I was asleep when they mentioned ketchup packets. I assumed Fat Tony wanted to fill the pinatas with 6 or 7 hundred pounds of crap candy or tacos.

When they mentioned the ketchup packets, Sobyn even said, "Okay.  We just took a weird idea and took it WAAAAAAY over the line."  Even Sobyn has standards of what might be bad taste.  Who knew?

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

The owner of the pawn shop set them up.

These people have no clue about money and they have raised a few kids who don't have a clue either. Tony is a financial idiot too.

My head hurts so much already.

Because all of them have, at one time or another, declared bankruptcy.  They accumulate debt, and walk away.  Usually, just before they declare, they go on a spending spree.  They have learned this behavior from their parents.  So mykelti thinks this is how things work.  Money is no object, you just say "sorry, can't pay" after you run up debt.

Edited by notnowimbusy
  • Love 6

I seriously doubt Meri (and Kody) have any equity in her house.  They bought with no money down, high interest, etc.   Vegas has had a building boom, with new, better, homes & "communities" being built all the time.  So, any prospective buyer could either get a newer home for the same price, or low ball Meri that she would walk away at a loss.   At best she's underwater with her house.  Owes more than it's worth.   Do they still own the home in Utah.   If they do, they could possibly pull some money out of that house.  You know, it really doesn't matter.  They will once again walk away from debt.    No way will Janelle or Sobyn allow any stake they have in their homes be put at risk for Meri. 

I have a friend in Utah who has a fabulous wedding venue.   It's close to Park City, so she has a better location than Meri.   If she can get 50% during wedding season, she's lucky. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Yep, such as the tampon "joke."  I don't know any male who would have said that to grown women.  

I literally cringed when he said that. It sounded like something a 12 year old boy would say. It wasn't even remotely amusing and spoke volumes about his immaturity.  

• Love 14

When the producer asked Meri if she wanted to talk about how Christine and Sobbin had grown closer and she said no because it was painful or something I was like uh, I seriously confused about the point of this sister wife thing she guess. If what they say about polygamy is true, shouldn’t Meri be happy and celebrating the fact that 2 sister wives who previously did not get along are now closer and able to stand being in the same room. The fact that that is painful to her goes against all the bullshit they’ve slung about their lifestyle.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, SL16 said:

4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Until I see actual photos or film of more than 400 people at the wedding, I will not believe a word these people (or People) say about this.

From the previews, I didn't even see 100 people there.   I'm thinking People took their word for it.  Imma need proof.  

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Y'all have already been so snarky and insightful that I'll try to limit myself to just the facts, ma'am.

Beautifully done again.  I can almost see myself watching but, thanks to you, I am spared actually having to do that. Snorted more than once....

1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

So....my theory.  I rewatched the Maddie wedding episode.  Maddie was all forceful, saying “I need this” and “this is how xxxx will be”. 

Mykelti is taking a page out of her book, being demanding.  But she is also jealous and wanting to out-do. 

I have to say I don't really agree with this. Every woman has the right to have the wedding they want, within reason, of course. Mykelti wanting things her way does not necessarily mean that she was jealous of Maddie's wedding (which was nice but not the be-all, end-all of weddings, by any stretch) or that she is trying to outdo her. She fell in love with the venue, but she is making concessions to Tony, who they have jokingly referred to as the "bridezilla" of the two. He has a lot of ideas about what he wants. And I think the huge guest list is more him than her. It sounds like he wants to invite his entire extended family and lots of friends. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Well I'm sure that Tony could suggest that they sell two of the houses (and the family could then all cram into the remaining two houses) so that he could have a more elaborate wedding.

Given his crass, greedy, grabby, entitled ways, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that the topic came up.  But, of course, he was only "joking."

2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Who goes to these more traditional B and B's? Are they still a thing? I'm thinking northeast and the movie Baby Boom and Newhart show. Anybody know?

B & Bs are big here in the Northeast.  In the Fall, my husband and I make it a point to visit New England (the foliage is breathtaking that time of the year), and we always stay at a B & B.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

If the whole family has to approve of Meri wanting this B&B does that mean the family really owns it?  Also I guess Christine's mom would be moving away.  When they have no guests she will be their alone.

Christine's mom seemed so excited to do this---I think she can't wait to get away from the family! And did anyone seriously think that Christine's OWN mom didn't mention this b&b venture with her before Meri told everyone? I'm sure Christine probably knew all along. 

• Love 10

Amazing how much I dislike Tony. I think the family does too actually.  I feel like Christine said over and over "I love that boy," and it first it sounded convincing as if she was appreciating his style of humor (got the same vibe from Robin and Janelle too). And then later in the show after the tampon joke, when she said it again -- it was like -- she didn't even believe it.

Kid's an asshole -- arrogant and entitled and yet brings nothing to the table himself. You want a wedding for 400 buddy -- complete with authentic tacos, not "white" tacos -- how about you get yourself a job and/or get your family to contribute? Why is it all Kody/Christine's responsibility? I feel like all the parents have some concerns re Tony's "traditional" views. I'm sorry but the kid is a dick. He sits there making comments re Kody has all the wives to cook and clean, so he doesn't have to etc. Even guys who have traditional views and certainly have their opinions on why a man takes so many wives -- would not say that jokingly or not in front of their future father in law!? But I guess the bride's family paying for the 400 person wedding is just in there with his "traditional" values.

For Kody's own sake, he and the moms need to sit down with the 18 kids or at least the 9 oldest ones -- and tell them, for each of your weddings we will gift you 5k (or whatever amount) and the rest is on you. Then some kids will save up with their fiances and take on CC debt until they can have the 75k wedding of their dreams; others will take the middle ground of working and saving another 10-20k and have a nice but not over the top wedding; and still others will say -- eff it, we're getting married at the courthouse or in the desert and taking the family and our 5 best friends out to dinner afterwards. Why leave it open and then worry about whether that kid will forever say -- well you never said no to ANYTHING Madison wanted for her wedding. And FTR it didn't seem that Madison's wedding was expensive at all -- it was a bunch of cabins in the middle of nowhere and they stayed/did the ceremony/reception all at the same place.

M&T are ready to be married and they don't realize that the more upscale a venue is (i.e. a country club or 5 star hotel), the less likely it is they'll allow outside catering??! If you want tacos at your wedding, why not go with a hall owned by a Mexican-American?? Or better yet why not do a destination wedding to Mexico where everything will be far cheaper so you can have 4000 tacos for next to nothing!?

• Love 21

Gosh these people are idiots. I just finished watching. They just HAVE TO tell Tanya that they are all "the mom". I guarantee that Tanya the wedding plamner meets moms, stepmoms, grandma's raising kids' mom's, custodial mom's that are not biologically related to the child mom's all day. Nobody cares that you are polygamists and that the bride has multiple women who claim parentood. 

• Love 19

For Kody's own sake, he and the moms need to sit down with the 18 kids or at least the 9 oldest ones -- and tell them, for each of your weddings we will gift you 5k (or whatever amount) and the rest is on you.

But that would require forethought and completely abandoning the Brown Clown Financial Plan which is to expect their adoring public to finance 172 seasons of SW so that they can avoid work of any kind and still get paid.  And if that fails, they can spend every cent that will conceivably be fodder for another TLC shlockfest until it's time to declare (yet again) bankruptcy and see the homes foreclosed on.  And the end of the train kids will get  zero - no college, no weddings, no roof over their heads, and meals from the food bank.  

Expecting these idiots to have any common sense was quashed the minute the Wild Escape to LV Under Threat of Imprisonment BS was perpetrated.  They are utter and total morons about the most basic activities of daily living.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Don't shoot me!

But

I feel sorriest for Meri. She's a literal fish out of water with (again) literally nowhere to belong and no one to belong to. She's not married but she's married, she's not single but she's divorced, she's got a husband but she's single....she's despised by one and all and everything she does is either laughed at or poo-pooed as being a dumb idea.

I really hope she can get this (dumb, stupid, idiotic) B&B idea off the ground. It'll give her a reason to never never ever be in 'Vegas ever again.

Maybe she can get a spin-off out of it? I'd watch that. Meri on her own or something like that.

Nothing good to day about dumb and dumber-er-er wanting life sized pinatas stuffed w/ketchup packets. 

Did dumb and dumbass forget there will be little KIDS at this farce? Kids that will be traumatized for LIFE?

Eesh....these two deserve each other. SHE is marrying HIM to get away from polygamy. HE is marrying HER to get INTO polygamy and maybe a spinoff tv show.

I'd be willing to bet my next three paychecks that he and she are as we speak fighting about him taking another wife.

This is one of those shows that I don't know why I like it but I do...it's so miserably sad and disgusting but, trainwreck...can't look away...

All this - and per the teaser for next week, she would like to be close to her “husband” again but he declines. I know the whole catfish mess had repercussions but hey, how’s the marriage counseling going? Is that over? Because that was their last possible ray of hope for any kind of “marriage” to work between them. 

• Love 2

Logan and Michelle are engaged now and hopefully the show lasts long enough that we get to see how those 2 will handle a wedding compared to these 2 morons. I think there is a significant difference in intelligence and rationality between Janelle's kids and Christine's kids. I almost don't count Maddie and Caleb's wedding bc the entire family is so obsessed with Caleb that if he had said he wanted a 5 star wedding at the Ritz Carlton with lobster for all, they would've made it happen. But it endeared him EVEN more when all he wanted was a roadkill like groom's cake, the ability to go fishing the morning of the wedding, not wear a tie and some article of cammo clothing.

Logan and Michelle will be a better "test" bc Janelle and Kody have even said that they don't agree with how they're living life -- moving in together for grad school; kissing before marriage (and probably having sex). They have encouraged Logan to just marry her, yet he's been with her for 2-3 yrs, lives with her, travels with her, went to her family at Christmas and [gasp] still not married. I could see Kody and Janelle being more likely to tell them, here's x thousand dollars, the rest is on you. But I see both of them being far more rational about it too. They both work while going to grad school and I imagine they're saving up for a wedding in Arkansas where she's from. I don't see them going nuts demanding a country club wedding for 400 guests and a custom menu.

• Love 14

Three things jumped out at me while watching this crapisode.   When Kody told Tony, after learning there would be no alcohol served at the wedding, that he would be the "role model for your Catholic family members."   But he had no such suggestions when told that Tony's family would be bringing all of their children, their neighbors and friends of friends.  Maybe that would be a good time to step up and be a role model too, eh Koko?

Secondly, when checking out the gathering room for the "bros" and the hostess pointed out the refrigerator.  Mykelti said this would be a place where Tony could store his beloved "coconut water."  Yeah, he's such a bastion of healthy eating.....

Lastly, many people are on board for Meri's new B&B so that she can entertain, host weddings, have the "fahm-ly" over, etc.  But none of this can happen for the simple fact that there is no WET BAR!!!

• Love 8

We put more than meat on ours and no they aren't bite sized, but they are small.  We served them (catered) at a birthday party and they said usually allow four per adult and one or two for children.  Although, we also had side dishes of rice, beans, and salad. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Do "street " tacos rilly have only meat on them ?

Depending on vendor (and whether you are actually in Mexico), beans, veggies, cheese and some form of salsa is available.. When I'm in Mexico, it's meat and crumbled cheese only. Like I said, they are 4-5 inch diameter soft tortillas, so when folded they are several bites at least. Damn good.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That's pretty shitty that he does it, but it was driving me crazy how Mykelti kept saying, "a tiny bit of a fragment". A tiny bit IS a fragment!

Yes! What is a tiny bit of a fragment? A syllable, a letter??

• Love 6

I read many of these comments before actually watching the show, so skipped by many of the scenes with Mykelti and Tony. I am still gobsmacked that these scenes were filmed at least 14 months ago or more, and are just being shown now. 

I watched the segments regarding Meri and the B&B as I find it quite interesting. I wanted to buy my grandmother's house several years ago. It is where my great grandmother lived, my mom and her siblings were born, and where my grandmother lived from the time she married in her mid 20s to her death at age 101. We didn't buy it and now the village where it is has become so expensive that it has doubled in price and there is no sane way it would be a good investment. So good on Meri for pursuing her dream of bringing the house back into her family. 

I wanted to slap Mariah in her scenes - she is such an unlikable person. I laughed out loud when Kody worried that a B&B would not be a good business investment. Did he worry about that with the stupid Sister Wives Closet fiasco? I also laughed when he talked about Meri not having a business plan. I believe he went to investors asking for money for SWC with no business plan. Why was everyone concerned about Meri being 3 hours away? (By everyone I mostly mean Kody). Or 3 hours and 15 minutes. Or 20 minutes. Lol. Because her big house would be sitting empty? What does she have to keep her in LV? I don't think even her downer of a daughter lives there anymore, and why should she devote any more time to taking care of other SW's children? Run Meri, run. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Tony doesn't give a shit about his family and is showing he doesn't give a shit about Mykelti and the Browns either. He is seriously paternalistic and I bet he will be making a run at polygamy in the near future. Mykelti (and Christine) may have convinced themselves he is being cute and funny for now, but they are in for a serious downfall with this POS in the next few years.

Multiple wives? I don't think so. Nobody upthread mentioned the possibility so I'll put my suspicion out there: I get a really strong gay vibe from Fatter Tony. Mykelti should run for the hills.  

• Love 9

According to their social media, Logan and Michelle are actually saving for their wedding and waiting to graduate. Imagine such concepts! Aspyn and Logan are the only two as of now that I would want to see, and won’t be a train wreck in my opinion.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

And the B & B?  Meri will eventually end up living there full time, and it will no longer be a B & B. It will “surprisingly” fail.   It’s her excuse to GET OUT.  

That sounds good to me. I hope it works for her

• Love 6
11 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

Christine's mom seemed so excited to do this---I think she can't wait to get away from the family! And did anyone seriously think that Christine's OWN mom didn't mention this b&b venture with her before Meri told everyone? I'm sure Christine probably knew all along. 

I got to thinking about Christine's mom moving to Utah to run this B&B.  I wonder how that will work with Christine.  I know she said it would be great and that she didn't have enough stuff for her mom to do any longer, since the kids are older, but, I definitely saw a HUGE improvement with Christine's state o mind, mood, etc. when her mom came to live wit her.  It's like it was medicine the doctor ordered.  Recall how moody, depressed and temperamental she used to be? Now, it's singing in the rain most of the time.  So, I do hope she can hold her stability, if her mom leaves. 

Also, I've read that the B&B is really normally able to support the owners/operators.  So, if Christine's mom lives there and runs it, she gets room and board, plus a salary right?  Then how does Meri get paid and pay the mortgage?  And where does Meri sleep when she visits?  Does she take up a guest room?  The current owners seem to be running on empty with the place.  That's why they can't get it sold.  I just can't envision how Meri will have any different result.  But, maybe, as others contend, that's not the goal.  It's just a way to get out of Vegas. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Both girls acted very demanding in regards to their weddings, but I think they did it for different reasons.  With Maddie, she was bossy and particular because she was fully aware that her family is a train wreck when they attempt to do anything together (travel, park cars in a parking lot, spray paint cans of corn, etc).  I believe she said words to that effect on the show - that if she didn't take 100% charge of her ceremony and reception, nothing would get accomplished and no one would follow through on anything if left to their own devices.

Mykelti, on the other hand, is the second daughter of the least-liked wife of Kody Brown.  I think she grew up watching her mom dance and fluff and sparkle whenever Kody was nearby, she knows exactly where she and her mom stand in Kody's life, and her ridiculous demands are her way of - for once - making everything all about her, to see what Kody does with it.  And in the background, Tony is egging her on to turn it up to 11, grifting even harder than his future father-in-law.  The justice - it's poetic.

11 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

For those of you who can't/don't watch, here's a brief summary of Hour 2.  Y'all have already been so snarky and insightful that I'll try to limit myself to just the facts, ma'am.

I cannot thank you enough.  Not only did you have to watch the show once, you probably had to watch it a second or third time to capture the highlights.  Please know that I appreciate and recognize your sacrifices for those of us who can't watch this circus train-wreck clown car of shenanigans.

10 hours ago, cereality said:

Logan and Michelle will be a better "test" bc Janelle and Kody have even said that they don't agree with how they're living life -- moving in together for grad school; kissing before marriage (and probably having sex). 

I find Logan the most interesting of the kids.  He is/was the substitute dad for his own full siblings and many of his half-siblings.  Most likely, he sacrificed a lot of things he really wanted to do because his mother couldn't wait to get in her car every morning and drive off to work, and his dad was absent at least 75% of the time.  Now that he's grown up, he's living his life exactly how he wants, breaking many of the Browns' "rules" or whatever Kody wants to call them.  I find it interesting that he's basically unshackled himself from his family, but I do wonder if he ever thinks about the fact that he is living a polar opposite life from his father, while his younger brothers and sisters look on.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, KaiFoozle said:

Multiple wives? I don't think so. Nobody upthread mentioned the possibility so I'll put my suspicion out there: I get a really strong gay vibe from Fatter Tony. Mykelti should run for the hills.  

Me too!! Right from the start.  Not that there is anything wrong with being gay.   I have a gay son. He is Nothing like Fatter Tony.  Adorable, fit, owns a business, contributes to the community, etc.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Most likely, he sacrificed a lot of things he really wanted to do because his mother couldn't wait to get in her car every morning and drive off to work

Wasn't his mother the only bread winner for that entire honking huge family?  She probably didn't have a choice.  It was either rush off to work or everyone go on Welfare, lol.    

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I got to thinking about Christine's mom moving to Utah to run this B&B.  I wonder how that will work with Christine.  I know she said it would be great and that she didn't have enough stuff for her mom to do any longer, since the kids are older, but, I definitely saw a HUGE improvement with Christine's state o mind, mood, etc. when her mom came to live wit her.  It's like it was medicine the doctor ordered.  Recall how moody, depressed and temperamental she used to be? Now, it's singing in the rain most of the time.  So, I do hope she can hold her stability, if her mom leaves. 

Also, I've read that the B&B is really normally able to support the owners/operators.  So, if Christine's mom lives there and runs it, she gets room and board, plus a salary right?  Then how does Meri get paid and pay the mortgage?  And where does Meri sleep when she visits?  Does she take up a guest room?  The current owners seem to be running on empty with the place.  That's why they can't get it sold.  I just can't envision how Meri will have any different result.  But, maybe, as others contend, that's not the goal.  It's just a way to get out of Vegas. 

Perhaps Christine is looking at it the same way Meri is, that is as a "safe" place to go when Kody finally puts her out to pasture? The children are growing up fast, and when Truely goes off to college, I'm sure Christine will need a soft place to fall someday in the future.

In the financial sense, however, I do agree with others that it doesn't seem like this venture will make a profit, so I am confused as to how it will work out.

• Love 2