Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Meri Moving?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Ooh, this is a really good point! Meri is already away from home a good portion of the time. She's already away from "the family." What difference would another business make?

It seemed to me that Kody was almost gleeful about the concept, until he found out that his financial involvement was requested.  Then he knit his furrowed brow in alarm.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It seemed to me that Kody was almost gleeful about the concept, until he found out that his financial involvement was requested.  Then he knit his furrowed brow in alarm.

Don't forget his dead shark eyes and "tight abs."  He is more insufferable every season (well, I guess they all are.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

As far as houses and weddings and colleges a d trips that's all paid for by the show!

This show is a money tree.  Every event the Brown family shows is a season with advertiser's money pouring in!

I would guess the homes were given to them over several years.  First year 20% ownership, second year 40% and so on!

TV is BIG business!

TV IS big business . . . but the bottom line is that most of profits go to those who produce - not necessarily those who "star" . . . especially in reality shows.  

PART of the weddings and trips are paid for . . . and some of that is just in getting the stars free admission to featured sightseeing spots.  If they rent RVs, those are usually "comped" . . . which means the vehicles are provided in exchange for being identified (free advertising) on the show.  Usually, no actual money changes hands.  That country club where Tony and Mykelti got married did NOT give them a totally free wedding, although they may have given them a discount.  The Browns had to pay the rest out of their salaries for appearing on the show.  

There are public records that show that the Browns are still skirting around paying for things out of their income from the show.  Several of them have been fined for not even having car insurance.  A lien was placed on Robyn's house because they owed money for one of the kids' medical expenses.  Janelle wasn't even paying for her trash pickup until a lien was put on her house.  These people are (1) not rolling in dough, and (2) still making bad money decisions.

• Love 13

TV IS big business . . . but the bottom line is that most of profits go to those who produce - not necessarily those who "star" . . . especially in reality shows.  

While we have never been privy to comped vs. paid, the downfall of other D list reality "stars" makes it pretty obvious that all of these things are not paid for by TLC.  Yes, items and venues may give discounts because their name brand is prominently displayed but I would be hugely surprised if any of this comes for free.  Case in point was the crappy place they stayed on their Hawaiian vacation.  Dolllars to donuts TLC refused to pick up the tab and the Brown Clowns had to stay in a cut rate, rundown place at their own expense.  The houses were mortgageb with the funny money loans and I get foreclosure is on the horizon the minute that TLC hits the delete button.

As AZChristian points out, there are public records showing their abysmal record in the finance department.  I bet there will be bankruptcies galore once the gravy train is parked on a siding.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

While we have never been privy to comped vs. paid, the downfall of other D list reality "stars" makes it pretty obvious that all of these things are not paid for by TLC.  Yes, items and venues may give discounts because their name brand is prominently displayed but I would be hugely surprised if any of this comes for free.  Case in point was the crappy place they stayed on their Hawaiian vacation.  Dolllars to donuts TLC refused to pick up the tab and the Brown Clowns had to stay in a cut rate, rundown place at their own expense.  The houses were mortgageb with the funny money loans and I get foreclosure is on the horizon the minute that TLC hits the delete button.

As AZChristian points out, there are public records showing their abysmal record in the finance department.  I bet there will be bankruptcies galore once the gravy train is parked on a siding.

Kody was seething with barely concealed rage at the indignity of being housed in such substandard accommodations in Hawaii.  That was the episode where he lashed out at Logan for having the audacity to consume pork at the luau (contrary to Kody's alleged biblical beliefs).  

I think that was also the episode where King Kody was not amused over the hijinks Meri and Janelle were up to with the eyebrows.

• Love 11

I found the conversation between Robyn and Meri about the bnb very interesting. Robyn was the calm voice of reason, guiding Meri on how to approach things with all of them, telling her not to get too emotional and reminding her how they will initially react, especially Kody.

The dynamic in the group is the opposite of what an outsider would expect, isn't it? Meri, being the first wife, should be the Matriarch, the leader and the one who understands the family and their relationships the best. Instead, she seems to have no clue how to deal with her own husband and the other wives, while Robyn has it down pat.

Who would've believed way back when that Robyn would be revealed to be the most rational and level-headed member of the family?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

TLC is known to be a pretty tightwad network that operates on a lean budget. 

Also, I'm guessing it's the production company, not TLC, that pays for the trips and such.  TLC gives the production company "X" number of $$ to buy the season and the production company then has to figure out how to allocate the funds. 

Their budget for Hawaii was probably mostly allocated towards airfare for the family and production crew, which meant they had to find a cheap place to film that would put up with their unending bullshit and have room for everyone. They probably got a discount, but I don't see the owners, who have bills to pay, comping the entire stay.

Remember that after filming wrapped, Meri went to visit her Vegas friend who had moved to Hawaii? 

• Love 5

Also have to add here (this has been discussed in the past) that reality show participants on TLC are not part of the Screen actors Guild (union) nor are they employees of TLC. They're just contractors. There are no enforced minimum payments, no residuals, just a flat payment (which is a well kept secret but from what I've read the family probably gets somewhere in the neighborhood of $20-25k per episode. Note I said the FAMILY, not per person). After that TLC owns the shows outright and can do whatever they want with them. I doubt that other people get money - maybe Tony or Caleb got a bone thrown at them, but I can recall at least one angry parent tweeting about how his daughter never received compensation for appearing in an episode (she was one of Logan's roommates in college). 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Also have to add here (this has been discussed in the past) that reality show participants on TLC are not part of the Screen actors Guild (union) nor are they employees of TLC. They're just contractors. There are no enforced minimum payments, no residuals, just a flat payment (which is a well kept secret but from what I've read the family probably gets somewhere in the neighborhood of $20-25k per episode. Note I said the FAMILY, not per person). After that TLC owns the shows outright and can do whatever they want with them. I doubt that other people get money - maybe Tony or Caleb got a bone thrown at them, but I can recall at least one angry parent tweeting about how his daughter never received compensation for appearing in an episode (she was one of Logan's roommates in college). 

Wow, I did not know that's how it worked. I really thought they all got paid individually at least a nominal amount per episode, the adults anyway. I also assumed that TLC picked up the tab for most things, like vacations, dinners, etc.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Wow, I did not know that's how it worked.

That's why their lifestyle is so ridiculous and the demands by the kids are as well.  They should be saving every penny and not blowing it on crap every chance they get.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

$20-25k per episode.

Their season is 8-9 episodes including the two part tell-alls. They have one season a year. $25,000 divided by 5 (or possibly 6- four wives, Kody and a family pot), take out taxes, then each wife has to pay a mortgage on a McMansion, electricity (two story high house with two A/Cs that run 9 months a year), water, sewer/trash (but not Janelle!), cell phones for wife and kids, car insurance, gas, food, clothing, pets, home decorations (those insipid Hobby Lobby wall sayings don't pay for themselves, people!), Disneyland trips, trips to Utah, college tuition, weddings and miscellaneous.

Their book didn't make much and was published years ago, their various MLM schemes are not bringing much money (Meri has to reinvest all of her income to buy new stock, Janelle has 10 members on her site, the joory store prices are sky-high and stock is butt-ugly). 

They can't even save money on the TLC gravy train. They are living on credit cards. All they are doing is giving themselves enough time from the last time each wife filed for bankruptcy so they can all file at once and run. I know some are already there but it would look bad if any of them filed now while they are still on the air.

I just don't know how Meri qualified to buy the B&B. She is possibly best off the the money ratio situation described above. Asking the other wives for money was laughable and purely for the camera. Did the former owner carry the loan? Did Annie kick in money? Meri said that her mom finally sold the Lehi plyg home they all lived in but any money made off of that home should have gone back to Janelle, since the seed money was from her inheritance. I guess some of that money made it to the B&B? Who knows.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I just don't know how Meri qualified to buy the B&B.

That's a big mystery to me. Unless it's another one of those funny money transactions like the interest only loans on the homes.  But how many bad debts can one person carry without it catching the notice of lenders? 

I know if it was me trying to pull this kind of BS, I'd be shot down immediately.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Unless it's another one of those funny money transactions like the interest only loans on the homes. 

But how many of THOSE can a person carry? Did the B&B transaction happen in Utah? It could have gone down with one of the plyg-friendly banks (Kingston-sect, anyone?). The way Meri talks in cryptic, halting circles, we may never know or be able to figure out.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Meri said that her mom finally sold the Lehi plyg home they all lived in but any money made off of that home should have gone back to Janelle, since the seed money was from her inheritance. I guess some of that money made it to the B&B? Who knows.

I believe Meri's mother sold her personal home recently.  The big Lehi house that they lived in when the show started sold sometime in the last year.  Kody tweeted about the sale.  Someone looked it up online in public records and saw that it sold as a short sale.  Which means the lender lost money on the sale and the owners walked away with zero money, but no foreclosure on their records.  Janelle's  investment was a big money loser in the end.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

That's a big mystery to me. Unless it's another one of those funny money transactions like the interest only loans on the homes.  But how many bad debts can one person carry without it catching the notice of lenders? 

I know if it was me trying to pull this kind of BS, I'd be shot down immediately.

Right? Lenders must realize the show won't last forever and lenders typically like stability. All they really have is the show, none of them seems to have a sustainable, long-term income. What do the Browns have up their sleeves that they were able to purchase 4 new homes and now a B&B? We've all agreed the B&B won't be a B$B.

Part of me loves snarking on the Brown circus, but the other part wants to see what happens when the show is over. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Right? Lenders must realize the show won't last forever and lenders typically like stability. All they really have is the show, none of them seems to have a sustainable, long-term income. What do the Browns have up their sleeves that they were able to purchase 4 new homes and now a B&B? We've all agreed the B&B won't be a B$B.

.Part of me loves snarking on the Brown circus, but the other part wants to see what happens when the show is over. 

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back to food stamps we go...

• Love 7

I remember a bit about the first season when we all first met the Browns.  For me it was like watching the proverbial trainwreck -- you hate watching but can't look away.  Anyway, I do remember that the 3 wives all drove real beater vehicles and hauling kids in them while Kody drove a shiny new sports car.  I was thinking then what a self-important jerk he is.  His kids are in dangerous vehicles and IIRC broke down all the time.  

I also remember they opened a gym on Kody's insistence.  Yeah, there's a real maker.  :D  The only thing Kody has ever made money off of is marrying four stupid women and snagging a reality show because of his notoriety.    Maybe I'll watch the first season again because they've now all worn out their welcome.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Otter said:

I also remember they opened a gym on Kody's insistence.  Yeah, there's a real maker.  :D 

It was Janelle who pushed for the family to open a gym.  After the storyline of all the wives going to a personal trainer and enduring being weighed on camera Janelle came up with the idea to open their own gym to encourage them to all exercise more.  With their personal trainer as a business consultant she put together a business plan and they shopped around for locations.  In the end at the big family business meeting Kody axed the gym idea point blank to Janelle's dismay in favor of his beloved Robyn's idea of custom polygamist jewelry.  Putting a very big end to their "Fundamental Fitness" dreams.

• Love 10

My memory can be a mess!   I didn't remember Robyn being in the picture at the time of the gym, but sure remember the jewelry thing.  Not the most business savvy people so what's a B&B to them?  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I think all of us "regulars" have scratched our heads over the Brown Clown financial plans and the cuddle -sac.  Taking on even more debt just astounds me.  Somewhere in here is a pretty heated discussion about how they make their mortgage payments.  It's always an interesting conversation starter.

Meri's sense of entitlement is over the top.  Her daughter wanted the really expensive private college and the other kids went to a state college.  The same house with upgrades because she couldn't have more children.  Now a B&B because she wants it.  What does she offer in exchange?  Seems like nothing.  But since she wants it, isn't that reason enough?  It could be a total money pit, but she can't pull her head out of her ass long enough to come up with a business plan based on solid, quantifiable facts to make her case.  She WANTS IT.  That's reason enough, right?

Gahhhhhhh.   These people.

ETA:  if I were one of the fammmily,  my answer would STFU Meri.  Not one red cent from me. I have children to feed.  Move your ass to Utah if that's what you want.  Buh bye.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I believe Meri's mother sold her personal home recently.

Ah, ok got it. I knew Meri's relatives were living in the old Lehi house and it was for sale, but didn't catch it was Meri's mom's house that recently sold. I need to start watching this show with CC on. 

5 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Wow, I did not know that's how it worked. I really thought they all got paid individually at least a nominal amount per episode, the adults anyway. I also assumed that TLC picked up the tab for most things, like vacations, dinners, etc.

They have a budget to stick to for each activity.  If they go outside their budget the money has to come from somewhere else.  That's why we see all the cheapshit vacations, like RVs to Winslow Arizona and so on.  I know that there's been at least two trips to Mexico, but Mexico can be done VERY cheaply, as I know firsthand!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Ah, ok got it. I knew Meri's relatives were living in the old Lehi house and it was for sale, but didn't catch it was Meri's mom's house that recently sold. I need to start watching this show with CC on. 

This juicy little deet hasn't come up on the show, so you didn't miss anything. They're still touting Christine's mom's involvement on the show. Meri's mom has only been discussed in a newspaper article IIRC and it remains to be seen whether the show will divulge this fact.

• Love 4
On 1/7/2018 at 8:39 PM, toodles said:

Omg.  I thought Tony couldn't get any worse.  Boy was I wrong.  What a dick.

On the other hand, Christine' girls are really pretty.  Christine needs to dial it down a notch.

Kody's daughters all peak in HS.

They look like they will grow up to be knock outs, but then they each gain about a thousand pounds upon graduation.

Oddly enough, the only exception has been Janelle's daughter. She kept her figure well into adulthood. 

The pregnancy will probably be the end of that, though.

• Love 1
On 1/9/2018 at 9:36 AM, Kyanight said:

Wasn't his mother the only bread winner for that entire honking huge family?  She probably didn't have a choice.  It was either rush off to work or everyone go on Welfare, lol.    

i thought it was meri and kody were the ones that had the jobs.  meri lost her job because of sister wives show.  at least that is how i remember it.  i watched the first season and sort of, kind of, started watching again, sort of, when robin came along.

i was surpised to see how much weight meri put on and how red/brown her skin got.  meri was the best looking one the first season. 

someone up thread said that christine was the least liked.  is the family or the people here?

1 minute ago, jaybird2 said:

i thought it was meri and kody were the ones that had the jobs.  meri lost her job because of sister wives show.  at least that is how i remember it.  i watched the first season and sort of, kind of, started watching again, sort of, when robin came along.

i was surpised to see how much weight meri put on and how red/brown her skin got.  meri was the best looking one the first season. 

someone up thread said that christine was the least liked.  is the family or the people here?

Meri is really orange.  I know she's not very popular, but I've always felt a bit sorry for her.  I think if everyone who is married imagined their husband finding a new woman just a VERY short time after you were married and you shared him with her.... it's just so.... sad.  I also thought it was heart-breaking that Kody divorced her to marry Robyn, regardless of the reasons they claim.  To ME, he seemed SO insensitive and uncaring about the whole situation (could it have been a little bit of guilt??)  HE wanted Robyn as his legal wife, ROBYN wanted to be his legal wife - and it was happening, even if Meri had NOT agreed.  (But she did).   I don't blame her a bit for that catfishing fiasco.  I would imagine she is incredibly lonely in that house by herself while Kody is dividing himself among the other wives and litters of kids.  If she felt wanted and cared for  - even if it was online - it seems understandable that she might be vulnerable and naive.  I wish she would just pack up and move to the B&B and live there... but like others have said, she probably can't because of some contract with TLC that they are a complete set - which makes sense.   

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Meri is really orange.  I know she's not very popular, but I've always felt a bit sorry for her.  I think if everyone who is married imagined their husband finding a new woman just a VERY short time after you were married and you shared him with her.... it's just so.... sad.  I also thought it was heart-breaking that Kody divorced her to marry Robyn, regardless of the reasons they claim.  To ME, he seemed SO insensitive and uncaring about the whole situation (could it have been a little bit of guilt??)  HE wanted Robyn as his legal wife, ROBYN wanted to be his legal wife - and it was happening, even if Meri had NOT agreed.  (But she did).   I don't blame her a bit for that catfishing fiasco.  I would imagine she is incredibly lonely in that house by herself while Kody is dividing himself among the other wives and litters of kids.  If she felt wanted and cared for  - even if it was online - it seems understandable that she might be vulnerable and naive.  I wish she would just pack up and move to the B&B and live there... but like others have said, she probably can't because of some contract with TLC that they are a complete set - which makes sense.   

i never disliked meri but then i haven't watched the show consistently.    i feel sorry for her.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I know she's not very popular, but I've always felt a bit sorry for her.

Meri was the master at manipulation until it bit her in the ass and she's been whining about it ever since. She knew what she was getting into, allowed Kodoofus to play the polygamy card and then tortured Janelle mercilessly.  She's the one that chose Sobyn and then proceeded to ramp up the bitch quotient even further when she fell out of favor.  She acquiesced to the divorce and then tried the "you'll miss me when I'm gone" threat that backfired because her lover boy was a big fat fake.  She's the cause of all of her troubles so I have not an ounce of sympathy for her.  If she had half a backbone she's walk but she won't.  She'd have no one to mope around, not that anyone in the family seems to care anymore.

7 hours ago, suomi said:

I think they look overwhelmed, checked out.

They are freaking 20 years old, not 70 years old.  They insisted on the big blow out party and had just gone through the extremely taxing process of exchanging vows that took, what, 15 minutes?  Wait until they face the realities of married life that includes working for a living and keeping a home.  Wait, what I am I saying.  These are Brown Clowns.  No work, probably living with mommy as long as the TLC checks are coming in. Silly me.

• Love 9
On 1/9/2018 at 10:03 AM, AZChristian said:

RE:  Logan and Michelle's wedding plans.  IMHO . . . totally different situation.  Traditionally, the bride's parents foot the bill for the wedding (if the couple doesn't do it themselves).  So far on SW, we've had two daughters get married.  Comparisons as to what their weddings cost are understandable.  But wouldn't the Browns - because they are so "traditional" - assume that Michelle's family will be primarily responsible for that wedding if L&M weren't on record as saying they were doing it themselves?

BTW - FT&M's wedding sounds like the tackiest affair St. George has ever seen . . . or WILL ever see.

Heh, I lived in Bloomington as a kid, and my parents moved back there about a dozen years ago; within walking distance of that country club. 

I can't even imagine what they are planning to have taken actually place there. 

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Meri was the master at manipulation until it bit her in the ass and she's been whining about it ever since. She knew what she was getting into, allowed Kodoofus to play the polygamy card and then tortured Janelle mercilessly.  She's the one that chose Sobyn and then proceeded to ramp up the bitch quotient even further when she fell out of favor.  She acquiesced to the divorce and then tried the "you'll miss me when I'm gone" threat that backfired because her lover boy was a big fat fake.  She's the cause of all of her troubles so I have not an ounce of sympathy for her.  If she had half a backbone she's walk but she won't.  She'd have no one to mope around, not that anyone in the family seems to care anymore.

They are freaking 20 years old, not 70 years old.  They insisted on the big blow out party and had just gone through the extremely taxing process of exchanging vows that took, what, 15 minutes?  Wait until they face the realities of married life that includes working for a living and keeping a home.  Wait, what I am I saying.  These are Brown Clowns.  No work, probably living with mommy as long as the TLC checks are coming in. Silly me.

Oh KOHOLA3, you and I are on the same wave length. I was trying hard to compose a response to the sympathy for Meri comments, but you said it much more eloquently than I ever could.  If I could add another observation about Meri, it would be the deceit that she practiced while engaging with "Sam", I totally lost respect for her in that scenario.  If she was unhappy in her 'marriage', get the hell out before ensuring that you have a soft place to land.  That's what her idealized "Strong Woman" would do.

• Love 7
On January 8, 2018 at 3:15 PM, Swiss said:

I only watched the five minutes of them all cramming into the venue bathroom.   That whole scene was just ridiculous.  Then you had entitled child #99 or whatever number she is, stating she needed a "better" room to get ready in.   I was hoping the venue lady would either lock them in or flush them all down the toilet! And why can't Meri pronounce the letter L??  It drives me insane! 

And leading the pack is Kody. Wearing a Snugly and pushing a stroller.. He looked like such a fool the whole time. The whole, giant family just looks so stupid, constantly demanding that you accept the whole lot of them, every. damn. time. Why didn't just Kody, Christine, and the marrying couple go look at venues? Why do they have to drag the entire mishpacha?? Into every venue? Every venue bathroom?? Ugh! They are so in-your-face. It's hostile.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

And leading the pack is Kody. Wearing a Snugly and pushing a stroller.. He looked like such a fool the whole time. The whole, giant family just looks so stupid, constantly demanding that you accept the whole lot of them, every. damn. time. Why didn't just Kody, Christine, and the marrying couple go look at venues? Why do they have to drag the entire mishpacha?? Into every venue? Every venue bathroom?? Ugh! They are so in-your-face. It's hostile.

Normally, planning a wedding is a time for the engaged couple to bond with the parents.  Why didn't they invite Tony's parents to come along and leave the three "other mothers" at home?  Even with the language barrier, it might have been a nice time to spend together with them without 5,430 other Browns around a table, all jabbering nonsense at the same time.

They're not interested in anything but creating a circus around them wherever they go.  And seeing Kody with the Snugglie . . . isn't that the most effort he's ever put into a female child?  Robyn must be dragging him around by the short hairs.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Oh KOHOLA3, you and I are on the same wave length. I was trying hard to compose a response to the sympathy for Meri comments, but you said it much more eloquently than I ever could.  If I could add another observation about Meri, it would be the deceit that she practiced while engaging with "Sam", I totally lost respect for her in that scenario.  If she was unhappy in her 'marriage', get the hell out before ensuring that you have a soft place to land.  That's what her idealized "Strong Woman" would do.

I'm with the both of you.  Meri does nothing but make stupid decisions, and whine endlessly when they bite her in the tush.  Boo frigging hoo.

• Love 8
On January 8, 2018 at 7:21 PM, Desert Rat said:

It's Karma. I don't feel sorry for Meri. She treated the other wives poorly when she as in favor, now she is getting payback.  The Browns wanted us to see the truth about polygamy, and indeed they have. It's a sad, lonely, miserable existence. That is the truth.

Meri is a typical bully. Act like asshole, when confronted, become a victim. Lather rinse repeat. She spent the earlier part of her marriage being a beeotch to Janelle (deservedly so, imo), then to Christine , we saw a bit of that on camera that one time when Christine went to Meri for help in dealing with her unhappiness over Robyn, and Meri sat there like a stone and refused to give Christine a teaspoon of compassion and kindness. Just told her to dill with it. She brought Robyn into their lives to stick it to Janelle and Christine (while Christine was pregnant!) and rubbed their noses in it by bff-ing with Robyn in front of them. Giggling, whispering, playing tricks like the caramels, that excluded them. Real mean girl shit. Then the crying over the wet bar and demanding the same share from their limited resources because she 'always wanted 10 kids', so should have the same budget for her home as if she had 10 kids. UGH! The the whole catfish shit, where she couldn't be out of there fast enough because she was going to marry a rich, handsome millionaire and own a mansion and a yacht! NOW, the tables have turned, she's on the bottom rung, she lost all her power with the divorce, her bff dumped her, and Meri the Sad Mule wants everyone to pity her. And pony up some cash for her decrepit, dusty, green-carpeted dump. I would tell her to go fuck herself. 

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Meri is a typical bully. Act like asshole, when confronted, become a victim. Lather rinse repeat. She spent the earlier part of her marriage being a beeotch to Janelle (deservedly so, imo), then to Christine , we saw a bit of that on camera that one time when Christine went to Meri for help in dealing with her unhappiness over Robyn, and Meri sat there like a stone and refused to give Christine a teaspoon of compassion and kindness. Just told her to dill with it. She brought Robyn into their lives to stick it to Janelle and Christine (while Christine was pregnant!) and rubbed their noses in it by bff-ing with Robyn in front of them. Giggling, whispering, playing tricks like the caramels, that excluded them. Real mean girl shit. Then the crying over the wet bar and demanding the same share from their limited resources because she 'always wanted 10 kids', so should have the same budget for her home as if she had 10 kids. UGH! The the whole catfish shit, where she couldn't be out of there fast enough because she was going to marry a rich, handsome millionaire and own a mansion and a yacht! NOW, the tables have turned, she's on the bottom rung, she lost all her power with the divorce, her bff dumped her, and Meri the Sad Mule wants everyone to pity her. And pony up some cash for her decrepit, dusty, green-carpeted dump. I would tell her to go fuck herself. 

I see your point.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

She does this in the previews for the nest episode! When they say she needs to be more involved, she turns around and says something like, "Well they've got to try, too, it's not just me." Typical deflection! Can't wait for all the woe-to-me and crying this episode. 

And yeah, the "Sam" thing was where she showed her true colors. And then, typical Meri, she said "Sam" was telling her shitty things about her family to get her to leave. She was as giddy as a schoolgirl. Freakin' LIAR. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Auto-incorrect
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

This.  Best post regarding Meri ever.  I cannot stand this woman, have never felt pity for her through any of this Catfishing nonsense and this is way.  I am a big believer in karma and everything coming around, to me Meri showed herself to be a horrible person and bully.  And instead of owning her mistakes and taking accountability she wants to shift blame and have everyone pity her.  Unfortunately for her I think everyone has her number (or at least all you wonderful people here do).

• Love 8
On January 8, 2018 at 10:03 PM, jacksgirl said:

Gosh these people are idiots. I just finished watching. They just HAVE TO tell Tanya that they are all "the mom". I guarantee that Tanya the wedding plamner meets moms, stepmoms, grandma's raising kids' mom's, custodial mom's that are not biologically related to the child mom's all day. Nobody cares that you are polygamists and that the bride has multiple women who claim parentood. 

They want people to care so badly! They are so desperate to come up against some opposition to their fabulous lifestyle. So they could be all full of righteous indignation, and moral outrage. The most they get is an eye roll. NO ONE CARES, BROWN CLOWNS!!! 

• Love 8
On January 9, 2018 at 0:13 AM, Misslindsey said:

I feel like Meri thinks opening a B&B in a small town will be like a Hallmark movie or something. She probably hoping that a good looking man will get stuck in the small town for some ridiculous reason, stay at her B&B, and fall in love in a matter of days. An added bonus if it around Christmastime.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!.........love it. Stupid Meri.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i thought it was meri and kody were the ones that had the jobs.  meri lost her job because of sister wives show. 

Kody had some job like selling for Swann's and Meri worked only part-time.  Janelle had a full time job working for the state. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

I concur. This is why I have no problem with Mariah's attitude toward Meri. I think Mariah sees through her mother's bullshit. Probably more so after the catfish debacle.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

ITA. They are 20-year-olds with the emotional maturity of 12-year-olds. My caption for that photo would be "Be careful what you wish for, putzes."

• Love 5