Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E13: The Survivor Devil

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Oh my God I am so freaking annoyed.  I want to punch Ben in the throat and then smack Chrissy off the head!!  I really hate these damn people.  I'm so angry that I have resorted to rooting for either Devon or Dr. Mike now..ugh ugh ugh.  

Is it bad that during the first team competition I could not root for any of the teams because somebody I hate was on each team?

End this freaking season fast...I'm so over it.  I hated every minute of it.  Shoot me now!  Next week can't get here soon enough.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Fuck immunity idols. Seriously.

God, Ben is so obnoxious. I can't stand him. And, out of all the people he could take out, he tries to get them to vote for...Mike? Because Mike has any chance in hell of winning this game? Moron. I'm not unhappy to see Ashley go though. She always seemed miserable. I don't know if I ever remember such an unlikable cast

That cog puzzle looked crazy difficult. I think it would take me days to figure that out.

I was thinking World's Apart, but dang, they are looking pretty good right now compared to this group.  Even though they had Dan Foley.  But I'd take him and his arrogant sexist creepy beard over this group any day.

I will eat dirt if Chrissy doesn't mention a few times during the finale that she's the last woman standing, as she sits there all prim and proper like the princess she thinks she is with that smug look on her face.  Bonus points if she actually says it was a struggle to get there.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 17

Why don't the others look for an idol? It seems so passive to complain about Ben looking for an idol, but what's stopping anyone else? (I guess Mike looked pretty hard for it.)

In rewatching old seasons I've seen so many untangling the rope and ring toss challenges . . . at least it wasn't a stand in place and don't move challenge. But those are the immunity challenges.

Is Ben calling his conversation with Ashley trying to patch things over with her? Being condescending, acting like him talking to her is doing her a great favor? And if she doesn't go along with him she's just stupid for not jumping at the chance to work with him? That's the way to mend fences!! Wow, Chrissy's hair looks bad. Well anyone's hair would look when unwashed for 4-5 weeks, but wow. Devon's is looking pretty bad, too. I wonder if Chrissy, Ryan and Devon final 3 alliance is a real foreshadowing or is just ironic. We'll find out soon.

Some of those ladder rungs look like hockey sticks to me. (It's Day 36??) Oh I see, the hockey sticks were a lever.  This is an interesting puzzle. Nice, Jeff, to remind Chrissy about throwing up the very first challenge. Come on, Chrissy!! Yes!!!

Funny if there wasn't another idol. And again, everyone else is sitting around while Ben looks for an idol. If they don't want him to find one, dog his steps!! The editing is so suspenseful, did Ben find the idol or not before they took off to tribal council? Oh no not that word "resume"! Oh, crap, Ben found the idol!  At least it makes tribal suspenseful. Have no idea who's going home - Ashley or Mike. Not Chrissy.

Good-bye, Ashley! So it's 2 Heros, 2 Hustlers and 1 Healer in the final five.

• Love 6

I've said it before, but Ben gets worse every single episode.

He's insufferable. His antics at tribal tonight might very well have cost him the game.

Heh on Ashley icing Devon on the way out. Kinda loved that.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

This season has sent my blood pressure sky rocketing with how much I hate it and everyone not named Devon that’s left.  He better immunity run his way to the end, because he’s a goner otherwise.

They seriously need to hide these idols in challenges only.  It’s way too much BS when they are hidden at camp, and whoever finds them likely is getting a push.  And it’s usually someone like a Ben or Tai type that finds them at camp.  I like idols, but they need to find a way to make them strategic again.  And the stupid suspense at ‘did he or didn’t he.’  It was obvious he did.  And since when has Probst confirmed it was a real idol before the votes were cast?  But I guess nothing else exciting was happening this episode (or frankly this season), so this is all they had to make it slightly unpredictable.  Or maybe they thought Ben would be so beloved that everyone would be thrilled for him to pull an idol out.

Why is it only red herrings when Chrissy or Ryan are boots, but everyone else that is mentioned they end up going?  I will give Chrissy and the rest of the ladies credit this season for so many challenge wins.  Must be a record, between reward and immunity.  Though Probst will probably not acknowledge it. 

Still at a loss who will actually win, though I’m still leaning towards Chrissy/Ben.  But nearly every boot has had negative things to say about Chrissy, and judging from Lauren’s interview, Ben didn’t seem overly well liked.  I just want those two to lose so badly.  They go down as some of my least favorite players ever.  Doesn’t help that Ben is getting helped along.  I hope Chrissy loses to the men she so arrogantly thought she could beat in the end, and I hope the ladies on the jury call her out.

Not rooting for Devon after voting out his biggest ally cause he's an idiot. She was a lock to vote for him

• Love 18
1 minute ago, me5671 said:

Hmmm.... for a pretty wild and unpredictable season, it's setting up to be a very predictable finale.  If Ben makes it to the Final 3, he wins the game hands down.  If Ben doesn't make it to the final 3, Chrissy wins.  It seems to me like Mike, Devin, and Ryan have no shot at winning unless they go to the Final 3 with each other.

I wish the producers hadn't re-introduced the Hidden Immunity Idol into the game.  IMO, Final 6 is too deep into the game to put it back in play.  I love a good blindside, but I much prefer when they happen organically.  Lately it feels like they're playing a game of Scavenger Hunt, not Survivor.

Devon seems likable.  I think there's a possible chance he could win.  It will just depend on who he's up against, and whether they think he did enough to warrant his position in the final 3.  Ben and Chrissy don't seem well liked, but Desi did say she'd vote for Chrissy if she thought she played the better game.

I agree about the idol and blindsides.  There's too many idols, and everyone knows as soon as one if played it'll be re-hidden.  I enjoy the days where Edgardo or James or Ozzy got blindsided (in two cases they had idols with them and didn't play them).

• Love 4
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

He's insufferable. His antics at tribal tonight might very well have cost him the game.

No. It is pretty clear at this point if Ben gets to the final 3 he wins.  I am not sure how he can get there at this point but we will see..

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Devon fucking deserved it cause he's a Moron who voted out a sure Jury vote and biggest ally. Then he smiles afterward towards the Jury like he's some big player dude you just lost 

• Love 24

That was a lovely reward challenge. What got to me was why they were eating facing the house vs the beautiful ocean views. Then I realized that the camera and sound people had to have room to maneuver and of course we'd see the water out there in the background. If I was eating that feast I'd want to be facing out but what the survivors were probably happiest seeing was the food and cocktails. Neat little island getaway. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

Well, I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed Ben blowing up everyone's game at TC.  Not that Ben is one of my favorite players, but I don't like ANY of them well enough to be too annoyed when their plan goes out the window.  I spent most of the show thinking Ben's ouster was inevitable and that the editors were just trying to create tension, so I was glad there was at least some activity at TC.

Did Devon actually vote for Ashley?  I'm disappointed in that.

As soon as I saw the gear section of the immunity puzzle, I knew Chrissy would win it.   Insufferable or not, she does seem to have a good brain.

Season finale is next week, and I don't even care who wins or loses.  They're just all meh this season.

Yes Devon did vote her out that's why she blew past him 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

Well, I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed Ben blowing up everyone's game at TC. 

I think what irritated Chrissy so much about his ridiculous "I'm so awesome BOOM" antics is the same thing that irritated me: he didn't blow up shit. They obviously were already planning to vote for Ashley or they obviously had discussed a Plan B to vote out Ashley. So Ben having an idol really didn't blow up anything.

• Love 21

Another great TC, this one was interesting though, thanks to Ben!
I would vote for him in a NY minute. 
Ashley knows it was Chrissy who made that decision on who to take. Devon hates Ben, he knows he'd never win against him in an F3. I decided tonight I dislike Devon and Mike
 Chrissy.. I give her due when it comes to puzzles, I just can't take to her
Finale next week ...if he's there, I'm rooting for Ben, he's working alone and not flip flopping! 

Well, I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed Ben blowing up everyone's game at TC. 

No you are not! I agree 100%! 

• Love 21

I wish Ben had waited until after the vote to whip that idol out of his boot. If they had all voted for him again, he could have decided who is going home. Irritate the hell out of everyone at TC since you know you’re safe first!!

Devon, you’ll never win this now.

• Love 21

I don't want to do the Edgic thing, but if Chrissy wins, there has to be some kind of record for the amount of times they've shown her lying down at camp. It's all I notice now.

But I do wonder if this was her "Hannah votes out Sunday" move, like in Millennials vs Gen X. Why not get out Mike, with all those healers on the jury? Or Devon, the potential immunity threat? Instead, she targets ... Ashley, goat girl who's made no moves whatsoever, on the weird "but she's a pair with Devon" argument? When she has a pair of her own and better relationships with the swing vote (Mike) than the other pair does? Nice strategery there, Chrissy.

• Love 10

All Ben did by playing his idol early was make it easier for Chrissy.   They were either planning Ashley all along, because that's what Chrissy decreed, or they were going to split the vote between Ben and Ashley.  It made no difference in the end, but  I would have found it more entertaining to have it played when it's supposed to be played.  I just think, with a HII, you need to always keep it to yourself till you play it.  

I don't like any of them.  They are all ok with letting Chrissy control things.  Maybe next week they can wake up and realize that she needs to go.  As I said, I don't like any of them, but Chrissy is the worst.  

• Love 14

I am loving this season. 

Thrilled that Chrissy won immunity. I like the challenges that are a mix of athletic and puzzle. She is tough and smart. Ben is cettainly upping the obnoxious factor. I am not a huge fan but at least he knows the game. He knew that laying the idol early in tribal would blow things up. Chrissy was the only one we saw with a plan B and it paid off.  I love that he blew up Devon's game. Devon talks like he is in control but he has bueen anything but a follower. Mike is doing all he can, floating by. 

Ashley was a legit target. She won individual immunity, had friends on the jury, and could control Devon. 

Ben and Chrissy are arrogant and obnoxious but they are no where near as awful as Dan and Will. Chrissy and Ben have not bullied anyone and have not crossed a line with personal attacks or harassment. They lack a social game but they are playing.

loving the season but hating the idols. It is getting ridiculous. I have to wonder why no one was following Ben whereever he went. That I don't understand.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Ben and Chrissy are arrogant and obnoxious but they are no where near as awful as Dan and Will. Chrissy and Ben have not bullied anyone and have not crossed a line with personal attacks or harassment. They lack a social game but they are playing.

I agree, nobody on this cast is as horrible as those two douchebags. There's nobody truly awful (in my opinion) this season, it's just that I don't find anybody particularly likable. Like, I don't actively hate anybody, I'm just not enjoying this season because there's really nobody I like enough to want to root for. Which is kind of ironic in a season with a tribe full of "heroes".

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, djlynch said:

All I can say is that I really wish Jeff had waited until after the votes were cast to confirm that it was a real idol. It doesn't seem fair for someone to declare themselves immune before the vote.

Once the idol is played than Jeff has to say if it is real or not. That has always been the case.  

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Ashley’s a woman. That’s been Chrissy’s only stratgey that I’ve noticed.

That wasn't the reason, though. She made a Final Three pact with Ryan & Devon. If they vote out Ben, maybe Devon goes back to Ashley & Mike becomes a swing vote between two sets of allies. By taking out Devon's closest ally, it cements her Final Three alliance with Ben & Mike being the ones on the outs with virtually no power since they can't both win immunity.

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Ashley’s a woman. That’s been Chrissy’s only stratgey that I’ve noticed.

Bingo! She does not like other women, I also disagree ( upthread) that Bens okay with what she decides, if that were the case, he wouldn't leave her gobsmacked every week..lol!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ICantDoThatDave said:

That wasn't the reason, though. She made a Final Three pact with Ryan & Devon. If they vote out Ben, maybe Devon goes back to Ashley & Mike becomes a swing vote between two sets of allies. By taking out Devon's closest ally, it cements her Final Three alliance with Ben & Mike being the ones on the outs with virtually no power since they can't both win immunity.

Not all pacts have to be honored and Devon is a moron if he goes F3 with Chrissy but he did burn his locked Jury vote so...

• Love 3

Ben playing the idol "early" is just a dick move. Sorry, that's how I feel. It should also be the kind of thing that is another arrogant jack-ass 'entry' on his 'resume'. I agree he makes final three he's in but I'll still hate that it happens to such a buffoon. He has a very aggrandized sense of his own awesomeness and gameplay. You didn't blow up shit dude, you just got the next in line out one tribal early.

Still, sleeping and/or futzing around when you KNOW that Ben is out scouring the area for an idol is at best lazy game play. This is such a non-entity of a season though that any whiff of decent gameplay I guess should be rewarded. I don't have to like it though.

14 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Like, I don't actively hate anybody, I'm just not enjoying this season because there's really nobody I like enough to want to root for. Which is kind of ironic in a season with a tribe full of "heroes".

Also funny? In a season with a 'hustlers' tribe we've been treated with anything but 'hustle' in regards to gameplay.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, susannot said:

I like smart women making it far into the game based upon strategy and intelligence.  How many have there been? 

I mean, all the women that won, for starters.

Chrissy's reaction to Ben's ridiculous show with the idol was everything. I was rolling! 

I don't want any of these people to win. I hope the jury rips into all of them as that is really all I have to look forward to in the finale.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

Among the many ways Chrissy irritated me, she had to input her thoughts during TC after everyone spoke, whether Jeff called on her or not.  She just loves the sound of her own voice.

I feel like Devon’s smirk was from some other time because it didn’t match with very next shot they showed.

Devon was also right that he had no reason to tell Ben his game moves right then and there.  Devon does have a resume, Ben was THERE.

• Love 9

I agree with everyone that there is no one to root for. Ben and Chrissie are insufferable; Ryan has been pretty invisible just letting Chrissy play the game for him., Devon seems naive and a little dumb and Mike is just kind of useless. When Lauren left so did my interest in the show.

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, princelina said:

When I was in high school a friend's mom used the expression "Wipe that puss off your face" which we all found hilarious, and it's what I think of every time someone does something Chrissy doesn't like.  For someone who's so smug about her own gameplay, the sour grapes come out awfully quickly when other people manage something good for themselves.

That's from the comedian Kevin Meaney. Loved him! 

Add me to the chorus of this being a meh season! 

I don't hate anyone and I don't like anyone either. 

I do admire Ben for hustling (ha), and I actually like Chrissy. I feel like, if she were a man, everyone would be claiming how awesome, cunning and strategic she is. 

And I wanted her to say..."we chose Ryan for the reward b/c dude needs to EAT". 

• Love 9

The key component in getting through a season? Not caring what happens at all. Seriously, Ben could have come to TC with the idol wrapped around one body part or shoved in another, daring the others to take it from him, and my reaction would be, "The man is confident, I'll give him that."

Seriously . . . how the fucking fuck do you not search for an idol once it's been played?!? Baffling! And if you can't find it, set traps around places a better hunter would look. And have two sets of eyes on that person at all times, in case it's buried at camp.

Seriously, I'd be looking forward to S36, but a. It'll probably be a dud as well, and b. New season of The Amazing Race in three weeks!!! I get the Ben hate, but the guy's absolute value is much lower than most of the a-holes this show has produced.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, tiredofwork said:

So how the fuck did Ben get the idol from under the shelter with everybody there???  Did the crew just lay it on top of the sand and not bury it? If so, that is some bullshit,

It was underneath the platform. Ben was putting his hands down in between the bamboo, trying to feel around and find it. Everyone else was packing up to go to TC, giving him just a little time to find it without them seeing.

• Love 2

I said when I saw the pairings, that Mike and Ryan didn't have a chance at that challenge. They should have made both members of the pair throw those rings.

Glad to see Devon and Chrissy win that.  Devon has become my favorite.

Why was Devon so far behind on the immunity challenge?

A tight-niched vote?

Goddammit, I am so fed up with Ben finding idols.  Still, he should have let them vote so whoever he wanted to vote for would have gone.

Well, Devon just lost a vote at Final 3.

• Love 2