Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E12: Not Going to Roll Over and Die

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Ok, I have no words besides this episode being a roller coaster of good and bad, so I'll let you all do the talking.  I did like the HII being tossed though because I hate them but I hated that my favorite player went home on 1 vote. It's like Cerie all over again and I'm sad. Don't care for anyone else left. 

• Love 17

Ben is a jerk. It's not so much he went against Chrissy but he was a jerk in the explanation. Also stupid. Disrespect loses you a vote from the jury. Ashley wasn't a jerk when she talked to Ryan. And maybe Ryan will grow up to be like his dad some day. (He is so thin!) Aw, Ryan!! So sweet about how he shares Survivor with his dad.

This is a lame reward challenge with the loved ones. I wonder if this is a setup.  I'd say a setup for Ben vs. Chrissy but I don't see how they could rig it in time. Ha! Yay for Chrissy! I still like her. Well Chrissy just screwed over her former allies (after they screwed her over). Interesting to see how this plays out.

Well I guess my last week's surmise about Ben still being allied undercover with Chrissy was wrong. But I wonder why he dislikes her so much. I don't remember seeing anything specific, but then maybe there wasn't anything specific.

I can't help wondering if the talk about being strong in the alliance at final tribal is ironic foreshadowing!!  I think Ben may be the type of person who when he's on the top of the game will rub his opposition's face in the dirt. 

And there is Ben in the bushes, listening, acting the part of Polonius eavesdropping behind the curtain. Where's a spy shack when you need one?

Mike, ooooo, sneaky and crafty!!!! Good twisting and turning! Who knew urologists were so devious!! (And I totally missed Lauren getting the idol half at Immunity!)  Wow Mike!!! Tossing Lauren's idol half in the fire! But Ben still has one. Oh crap, they're all going to vote for him and his vote will send someone home. Oh no, not the whispering stuff. I wish Jeff would put a stop to it. The jury should be able to hear everything that's being said.  (I bet the jury's having fun watching this!)

Nice bug on the voting table.

Aw, Lauren! I really liked her, too.

• Love 7

So when Ryan or Chrissy’s names come up, it’s been a red herring and someone else goes.  So I wasn’t too worried it would be Lauren.  But of course, TPTB hate me, and want my blood to boil more and more each episode.  Class act Lauren all the way.  She’s my winner of this season.  I hate this show for the many, many idols, advantages, and leading their chosen ones to the idols at camp.  Ben got lucky production must want him to win this season.

I figured Ben would be playing his idol, so I thought maybe we’d be saying good bye to Devon, Ryan, or Mike.  I think this season is going to have a very unlikable winner.  I already didn't like this season, but I seriously have no interest in anyone left, except Devon, but I think he's a dead man walking.  Bring on S36!

So I was wondering if Ben’s tirade at Chrissy was the beginning of her victory edit to make her seem human and sympathetic.  But really, she can’t handle not being in control and not getting her way.  She’s just a very spoiled brat.  Also, for someone who’s been bragging about her wonderful social game, she must have a different definition of it.  She does realize these people getting voted off are voting for the winner, and anything she says can and will be used against her, right?  I’m also questioning now if Ben can win.  He may win because he's the most-least liked of the final 3.

That RC was so stupid.  Are they officially out of challenges, or was something else planned and it fell through?  And Probst will never give the women this season credit, but it’s been amazing seeing them rack up so many challenge wins.  Cole’s the only guy so far to have won II.  Also, Ryan needs to eat a cheeseburger (or a thousand) when he gets home.  He’s scary to look at.  I don’t remember the last time a Survivor got that scary skinny.

Mike’s attempt at playing Survivor reminds me of the kid who tries so desperately to fit in with the cool crowd that he does things that he thinks are cool, but in reality just make him a laughingstock.  He’s not good at this game, and I don’t even think he’s an interesting character.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 24

This pack of morons have ruined this season.  I skipped the previous 2 episodes, after never missing an episode for years,  and I wish I skipped this one.

The producers are also doing their best to ruin the show.  A reward challenge  (the family one no less) based on pure luck?

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Good lord, what happened to Lauren and her pinpoint strategizing?  Why in the world would she give up half of her idol and not use her extra vote?  That was some serious failure on her part. 

She got too comfortable I'm thinking.  Also, I realize whoever has the extra vote is doomed.  I'd get rid of it if I found it.

Everyone and their brother is going to be wondering if those bags of marbles were reloaded, with Chrissy having two balls of the same color, and her husband the same, to turn things upside down.

I've called BS on a lot of things this season, and this is going to be another one.  I'd like to hear Probst's take, but I already know what he'll say.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 12

Well, that was entertaining enough, if a bit insane.  Good for Ben.  Sorry for Lauren, but it really wasn't the smartest move to hand half of her idol to anyone who wasn't herself.

Every season, I think I'll find the family segment boring, yet every season I end up teary-eyed at it.  And drawing marbles isn't exactly the most thrilling challenge, but I felt it in my gut when Ben's hand was shaking.  

If Ryan becomes any thinner, he's going to be see-through.  Please, someone feed him.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm hating this season. I always loathe the loved ones episode. That challenge sucked too. Pull random rocks out of a bag...exciting!  Obnoxious Ben is still around and wtf was Lauren thinking? Why would you leave your advantage back at camp and give away half your idol?! Why are these idiots telling each other about their advantages? The season is almost over and I still really couldn't care less about any of these people. Go Devon, I guess? Only because he's got a nice smile. 

I'm this show's bitch and will watch it until the day it gets cancelled but I really can't wait for this season to be over.

I probably should have just waited for you to post and said "second."

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm hating this season. I always loathe the loved ones episode. That challenge sucked too. Pull random rocks out of a bag...exciting!  Obnoxious Ben is still around and wtf was Lauren thinking? Why would you leave your advantage back at camp and give away half your idol?! Why are these idiots telling each other about their advantages? The season is almost over and I still really couldn't care less about any of these people. Go Devon, I guess? Only because he's got a nice smile. 

I'm this show's bitch and will watch it until the day it gets cancelled but I really can't wait for this season to be over.

I will third this post. This season sucks. I hate both Chrissy and Ben and it seems to be all about them. 

• Love 23

I won't even begin to rant on how I hate these "loved one" episodes.

Crissy wins the draw, and picks her fellow outcasts, and Ashley.  Cue the OUTRAGE! (well it made the cuting room floor)

(and I have never liked Crissy)

"Like an assassin"  Fuck you Jeff.  Then Crissy of course gets all bitchy about Ben.  Editing, editing.....

I give her credit for seeing ash as a possible flipper.

Lauren, why did you call the boys to the idol clue?  You've been my #1 for weeks, don't blow it!

(the fat grabbing sister was one of the best Survivor moments)

I love the roundabout backstabbing.  "As long as it's not me" what will be forever known as the "Sandra Strategy"

Poor Ryan looks like he's been in a North Korean prison.

Why would you leave the advantage at camp???  Not that it mattered.  Sad.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Good lord, what happened to Lauren and her pinpoint strategizing?  Why in the world would she give up half of her idol and not use her extra vote?  That was some serious failure on her part. 

The final 3 are going to be Ben, Chrissy, and Ryan, right?  The editing is suggesting it. 

Chrissy and Ryan would be SO Dumb!!

• Love 4

I should like Chrissy. She is wicked smart and playing one, if not the best, strategic game thus far. So why do I dislike her so intensely? Oh yeah. She is a condescending know it all with a permanent smug on her face. I can't wait for her to be voted out. 

I will be upset if she makes it to finale 3. Mostly because I'll hate myself for not being on board the Chrissy train as I feel I should.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 23

I am liking this season. I have to say all those in tonight's, and even in last week's, episode are gamers. They are playing and not just lying down and giving up like we have seen before. Tonight was great TV, even though Lauren was my fave. She made two fatal errors, well maybe three if you count her calling attention to the idol clue, with A) giving her idol piece to Mike and B) not using that extra vote on Mike to force a tie that would have resulted in Mike going. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 19

I did think it was pretty low at the beginning when Ben told Chrissy she couldn't mother him. WTF was that.  Way to be very misogynistic.

I still think Ben may very well win, but this episode was not a good look for him.

• Love 15

Did no one even consider that Ben might have an idol?  Besides that, I am baffled by some of the game play this season.  To anyone who might someday play the game --- Keep your idols, advantages, etc, as much to yourself as you possibly can. That means, if no one sees you find something, DON"T TELL ANYONE!  

I am also in the 'can't stand Chrissy' club.   

Edited by mishap
  • Love 12

What the hell? Why, what, LAUREN!!! why did she give up the immunity idol? She should have just said she was using it. What the hell? Made no sense.

Chrissy knew Ashley was up to flip because Ashley had been complaining about Ben three episodes ago. It was not a hard call for her to make. 

That was the worst challenge ever. Seriously stupid. 

Chrissy is playing even more personally then I thought she was. Her social game continues to be crap. 

Mike and Devon continue to be delusional and think they are the ones making moves and calling shots.

Ashley is flipping all over the place.

Ben has succeded in alienating himself in glorious fashion. 

Loving this season

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

The final 3 are going to be Ben, Chrissy, and Ryan, right?  The editing is suggesting it. 

After the craziness that was "live" TB, she should have played at least one of them.

I am so disappointed in her. She was one of the few left to root for.

• Love 5

Who. Rarely if ever have I seen a solid game go sideways for someone so fast. It seemed like Lauren really messed up, but I had to admit that based on what we saw, she also was backed into a corner a little. It wasn't her idea to start talking about Ben at the well, and she found the idol in front of other people in her alliance so she couldn't keep it a secret. I do think it was a bad move to give part of the idol to Mike (or anyone), but she was actually correct that she had the numbers and people were convinced to vote against Ben. It's just that Ben also had an idol. I hope she was lying about destroying the extra vote.

As for why Chrissy, Ryan and Mike would vote Ben instead of Lauren, I don't know. Lauren, Ashley, and Devon seem like a solid block, so taking one of them out should have been the smarter move, so it would scramble the numbers more.

35 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Everyone and their brother is going to be wondering if those bags of marbles were reloaded, with Chrissy having two balls of the same color, and her husband the same, to turn things upside down.

The thought occurred to me, but, even if production wanted to rig the game, that would be risky since it's easily discovered as soon as someone dumps their bag out in frustration. It also looked like it was a game where there were two balls in each bag, one white, one black, and I think Chrissy drew both white and black balls, so I don't think it can be rigged.

• Love 6

I was really hoping at the beginning of TC that Lauren and Ben going at each other was still an act, and that they were going to blindside Chrissy. Darn it, that would have been entertaining. 

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Lauren ASSumed that her alliance against Ben was solid. That’s your first mistake.

Well, literally everybody voted for Ben, except Ben. So that's probably the one thing she got right. 

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Lauren ASSumed that her alliance against Ben was solid. That’s your first mistake.

The second is to never get in a land war in Asia...

In my thinking this exit out-duels for stupidity anyone voted out with an idol in their pocket. She got voted out with HALF an idol (oh the indignity!!) in her pocket, the other half in the fire and her advantage back at camp!! How the hell did she let that happen? Unreal.

The second she gave that half of the idol away I could only hear 'ZERO percent chance of winning!' or maybe they should have put up a #zeropercentchanceofwinning hashtag.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 23
55 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

What a crazy TC!  I hate when everyone starts walking around and talking, they shouldn’t be able to do that. I’m ok with Lauren getting the boot but wish it had been Chrissy and Lauren was stupid giving Dr. Mike half of the idol. 

At the loved ones challenge, I thought Ashley’s dad looked like the old Bruce Jenner when he ran out

Pre-nose job!  That's exactly what I thought.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I did think it was pretty low at the beginning when Ben told Chrissy she couldn't mother him. WTF was that.  Way to be very misogynistic.

I still think Ben may very well win, but this episode was not a good look for him.

Maybe he just didn't want to be lectured by SmugMug.

10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I was really hoping at the beginning of TC that Lauren and Ben going at each other was still an act, and that they were going to blindside Chrissy. Darn it, that would have been entertaining. 

I was hoping that he just wrote Chrissy's name down for shits and giggles, and when Jeff pulled out that final vote it would be her!

• Love 17
37 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Ben has been on my shit list for weeks. Just one more for the pile. But I don't care about that blowhard. He might do away with his Marine Hero advantage through his own behavior and hand the game to Chrissy. The thought makes me very happy. Another great episode. 

Also, looks more and more like my suspicion was correct that Ben wasn't trying to help Chrissy when he and Devon acted like assholes over the idol a few weeks back. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, mishap said:

Did no one eve consider that Ben might have an idol?  Besides that, I am baffled by some of the game play this season.  To anyone who might someday play the game --- Keep your idols, advantages, etc, as much to yourself as you possibly can. That means, if no one sees you find something, DON"T TELL ANYONE!  

I am also in the 'can't stand Chrissy' club.   

It should have been obvious.  Ben is the one who whines every week about "splitting the vote".  Once he's silent on the topic, it's to benefit him.

• Love 10

Oh, also when Chrissy said 'Ben picked the wrong time to mess with me (approx) because now he won't see his sweet (wife's name).' I literally said out loud 'Bitch!' gads she takes petty to a new high. She just relished it, you could tell.

She instead COULD have re-aligned herself with the most powerful player in the game or at least built some jury good will by taking Ben and his sweet wife instead of getting nothing but extra time with her hubby from that 'advantage'. But no she had to take her revenge instead.

Does anyone know how to play this game out there??

• Love 24

Wow that was some TC. I love this show!!!!! I applaud Ben for keeping his idol a secret, how many times have we said, don't tell anyone, and it paid off! The loved ones , I always tear up, it's only been 31 days, but I dont care..

I like a strong female, but Chrissy is so snippy, and she thinks she deserves to be treated like a princess. I think even scenes we dont see, she is not liked...I'm team Ben, but Im afraid maybe he goes home next week. Good lord Dr Mike is a loose cannon, why toss an idol in the fire, okay, half an idol ??

Maybe he just didn't want to be lectured by SmugMug.

Good name for Chrissy!!

• Love 14

When Jeff made it clear that they were playing with their loved ones, I immediately thought to myself that if I were playing, I would whisper "don't win" in my loved one's ear. Winning reward challenges is always risky and when there are loved ones involved, it can pretty much never be good to be the one with the choice.

So I thought that the reward "challenge" being entirely a matter of chance was kinda brilliant.

Sorry to see Lauren go, but giving Mike half the idol was inexplicably dumb.

• Love 14