Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E09: Fear of the Unknown

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I enjoyed the natural life and watching the gorgeous Queen Desi of the Jury make her grand regal entrance. Again the HeHu alliance was able to vote out their target and simultaneously flush out the idol.

• Love 13

I thought maybe if I said "the editing will be a red herring like it's been every week and someone from the former Healers will be going", maybe the editors would surprise me and we'd get a great blindside.  Especially with Ryan telling everyone about his idol (in his pants, in case you missed where he put it).  When they went to TC so early, I let myself get a little excited.  But no, you let me down again editors!  A predictable Healer boot all along.  I  guess because this season is so predictable, they have to do something with the editing.  I'd like to think this season will pick up once the Pagonging ends and the big alliance has to turn on each other, but somehow I don't think anything exciting is going to be happening.  I do hope Ryan's idol talk comes back to bite him at some point, and he goes home with it in his pocket.  Of course, with all the wasted idols this season, I feel like he'll be the first one to use to correctly use it.  

I won't miss Cole, and hopefully Desi had food stuffed away in a secret hiding spot at Ponderosa for herself so she was still able to eat after he arrived.  She looked gorgeous at TC.  In one of the previews I saw for this week, I saw some of the castaways mooning something, then it cut to a clip of Jeff.  I thought maybe they'd finally had enough of his lip during challenges, but no, they just mooned the yacht going by.  

I'd congratulate Lauren for winning that IC (which seemed difficult, so good on her), but Chrissy will probably set her sights on her.    

• Love 12

Oh my goodness Desi and Devin would make beautiful babies.

I’m tired of balancing immunity challenges and for this particular challenge I would have not even started.  There is no way I could have stood like that for any period of time.

For the reward challenge I was puzzled that Ben was throwing balls because I thought the people who didn’t swim were supposed to be the throwers.

I had a sick feeling in my stomach with nerves that Mike was going to play the Idol for Joe and then get bounced because I would have been residually embarrassed on his behalf.

I’m sad Cole got booted even though he was gross because I thought there was going to be a coup against Ben.

• Love 11

Well, I'm not sorry to see Cole go.  

Did I miss something? Mike seemed happy with the results, but I would've thought he was hoping a non-Healer would be gone instead.  

That immunity challenge looked like a killer.  Good for Lauren for winning it, and for Cole, Ryan and Chrissy for hanging on for 20 minutes.  

Can Ryan please stop talking about the idol in his pants? 

All in all, the episode wasn't worth missing Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving for.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Zzzzzzzz.

What?  Is it over?

Seriously. Admittedly, I've only been half paying attention and tonight I was barely awake during the whole thing so again, someone explain the logic to me of Mike playing his idol for himself when the vote was clearly between Joe and Cole, especially after all his talk of making some big move. And then worse, only for me to realize when the vote tally was shown during the credits that he and Joe apparently voted for Cole. Like what? Again, I guess if I was even half-way interested in this season some of this stuff would make sense to me but right now it just all seems like a bunch of nonsense playing. At best, I guess can assume that the talk changed before tribal council to Mike and Cole and editing hid that.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12

I have no idea what Mike was trying to do.

But then I have no idea why Ryan told Ben about his idol, either.

All I know is that I'm not sad to see the door slammed in Cole's petulant, entitled face.

• Love 22
27 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Bleh, I'm just not enjoying this season. I blame casting. Nobody is particularly likable and none of them seem to have much genuine affection for each other. I still think one of the best seasons in years was MvsGenX and it was 100% because of the casting. They had a bunch of people who were playing hard but understood it was just a game and seemed to genuinely like each other. This group just seems bored and unhappy which is no fun to watch at all. I still don't know who to root for during the challenges because I just don't care enough to root for or against anyone yet.

I have no clue what Mike was rambling on about at TC or why he looked so pleased with himself. You wasted your idol so...yay?

I think MvsGX is the closest cast post show in years (yes, even closer than the Dirty 30 who I always felt were faking the whole closeness thing).  This season is probably a great example of why recruiting for themes is a bad idea.  I seriously think I'll remember about 3 people when this season is over.  And probably not for good reasons (except Desi).  I see Roark, Cole, Jessica, Desi, and Ali hanging out a lot, though.

ETA: I actually remember Corinne saying she was pissed that there seemed to be no hard feelings when she went to the MvsGX reunion, and everyone was so good natured and acted like it was a high school reunion.  I think the only real drama was between Figgy and Taylor, but there was a good reason for that.  

As for Mike, I don't know if he was purposely trying to get people to vote for him so then he could save himself with the idol or what.  But then he voted for Cole, so I don't know.  And he wasted his idol on top of it.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

It was the immunity challenge that she won.  

Ok thanks. I couldn’t watch so what was the award challenge and who won and what? I know I can watch the episode on the CBS website but it doesn’t sound like it is worth watching. 

• Love 2

what was the award challenge and who won and what?

They were split into two teams, and the winning team won a yacht trip with some bagels, cake and wine.  I think the winners included Chrissy and Joe.  Devon and Ben were on the losing team.  I can't even remember who else was on either team.  Hopefully someone else here will remember.  The only halfway memorable thing was that the losing team mooned the winning team when the yacht approached the camp.  

eta:  Oh, and Cole was on the winning team.  I remember he made a huge bagel and cold-cut sandwich.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

I wish Mike had held on to his idol.  You just know Joe is going to find the replant.

I hope they give another really obvious clue where everybody can see it so it's another free-for-all. I love mass idol hunts.

Also, I was wrong. I thought for sure they would be discussing the missing vote from last week's TC but, nope, Lauren really did get away with it. I probably wouldn't have noticed either. I can't keep track of the votes half the time when I'm sitting at home on my couch.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

I think the winners included Chrissy and Joe.

Joe carved up the chocolate cake real nice so he could check for a clue underneath.

Joe really is a master of subtlety.    

Edited by vb68
  • Love 9

I got a laugh out of the music just before Lauren won the immunity idol. I stated to my daughter that they should just use the theme from Jaws. It's just so obvious that you can half watch until you hear the sound of the shark coming. They need to give this show some kind of edge. 

• Love 4

Every time Ryan says the "idol is in my pants" I think of the song "Monster In My Pants"

But yes, we start with seemingly everyone telling everyone about their idols/advantages. What is with this group? Can nobody keep a secret? Then Mike takes a page out of Joe's gameplan and just annoys everyone to 'shake things up' I guess? I don't get the 'strategy' that involves cluelessly burning his idol, which is exactly what the seven wanted to happen. I'm confused what he thought he was accomplishing?

• Love 11

"Previously, on . . . Survivor!!!! You know something? I checked out three episodes ago. Man, there is so little for me latch onto, and I'm the damn host! Can we skip to the next one? Wait, we're not bringing back anybody? Damn . . . what the hell are we doing?!?"

56 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Zzzzzzzz.

What?  Is it over?

You too? Heh. I'll be the nice guy and partially blame the Mango Chicken dinner with the eggroll. I am not that motivated to pay attention. Here's what I can retain: Joe = Tony, Ben = Vet with tats, Mike = dork doctor, Lauren = older woman that we should root for because Probst friggin' hates those, Desi = DAMN. I really hope she got perspective after getting voted off, because she seems like a nice person with a good head on her shoulders.

Since when has there been a "Round Table"? I mean, better alliance nickname than anything that could be dreamed up on Big Brother, but it's still silly. Those guys aren't even the Monty Python Round Table. And an alliance of seven? Seriously?!? I figure that if you form a group, it could be topped at five.

2 minutes ago, susannot said:

I didn't watch because Son is home for holiday and he is watching NBA.  Who won, or lost?

ETA: Those of us watching lost one hour of our lives; less for me because I had to play catch-up. Is that what you meant?

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Viva la revolucion!!! Generalissimo Ben gotta go!  Sadly, no...........

So much drama for such a predictable result.  (sigh)

I wish Mike had held on to his idol.  You just know Joe is going to find the replant.

I hope he does, and I hope Dictator Ben is bounced when Joe plays it.  He bulldozed everyone.

• Love 11

If Joe and Mike were voting for Cole why did Mike play/waste his idol?

Ben voted for "Coal". 

Chrissy: People are starting to feel a little steamrolled by you.

Ben: No they're not.

LOL! 

Desi for player of the week. 

• Love 17

I couldn't even see Desi past that cartoonishly green dress.  But I have to admit her lack of class in her exit interviews is probably coloring my perception, too.  

I didn't know what Mike was doing but I was cheering him on.  I wish he hadn't wasted his idol.  I'm finding him amusing.  

I did like Jeff's navy shirt and white shorts in the reward challenge.  It occurred to me.... Do we ever see him sweat?  

24 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Desi looked beautiful tonight.  Granted I was sick of seeing everyone else, but she practically took my breath away.

I thought it was a lovely dress but you could tell that it was either a few sizes too big or bought before she lost all the weight in the game. 

• Love 5

As the reward challenge started I realized I was disinterested because Desi wasn't there anymore and I had no one to root for. Finally I decided it was best to root for whatever team was opposing Ryan as I dislike the twerp TM (Alllie)

I guess Ryan has been watching a different SURVIVOR than me these last 20 years if he thinks the majority keep the idol close to their vest. Season after season I am stunned anyone would ever tell someone else they had it. If it was me no one would know I had it until  the moment I played it to save MYSELF.

Speaking of Idols I have no idea why Mike toasted his for nothing.

Jeff was wrong when he said Tribal was always uncertain. It's not if your name if Boston Rob and you command an army of dullards that you have forbidden to talk to anyone not in your alliance.

Joe actually telling someone they are a goat was a thing of beauty....and man did the truth hurt.

• Love 6

Jebus, would people stop telling other people they have an idol?

Jeez, Devin looks filthy.

Yeah, why Mike and not Joe?  JEEZ, people. Ben is just overriding Ashley, and I don't blame her for getting pissed.

Damn Desi looking good!

Why would Mike do what Joe told him to do when the very first day, he was bullying him?

Ugh, wannabet Joe spends all of the next episode looking for Mike's replayed idol?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

When they went to TC so early,

So, I'm onto your secret, because it's mine as well. As they chatter I watch the clock to see if something interesting is going to force first vote reading at ten to fifteen minutes before the hour, or if votes will be read immediately before final commercial.

44 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Desi looked beautiful tonight

Desi has a history of competing in beauty pageants (see her Ponderosa) and most women don't have that striking impressive a dress in their closets (nor a place to wear such a dress).  If the other women had any dislike for her, tonight would have magnified it.  Nothing like looking like filth when another woman looks like a million dollars, walks in and owns the room.

• Love 4

I was surprised Cole went home because he got zero airtime tonight.  I don't think he was shown speaking before tribal council.  The fact that the useless Ashley got so many words kind of made me think that she would be a surprise boot.  

As soon as I saw the immunity challenge I had a feeling that Lauren was going to win, her body is consistent throughout.  This challenge did not favor people like Cole with a strong upper body but relatively weaker leg muscles.  JP looked like his back hurt.  

I am surprised that the "round table of 7" didn't try to lose someone.  They have 7 against 3, someone should have taken the opportunity to lose someone they didn't like.  For all the talk about the "round" table there sure were a lot of complaints from Chrissy that Ben is a dictator.

What on earth was Mike thinking?  He says to Joe to "follow my lead" like he is a big strategic mastermind.  I thought he was bringing up all of Joe's nasty points to try and get them all to vote for Joe so he could play an idol for Joe.  Then he plays an idol for himself.  Then it turns out he (and Joe) voted for Cole.  What?   He knows the 7 split votes last time (and he joined them), why wouldn't they split votes again?  And if he and Joe were going to join some faction of the split, even if it was 4 Mike, 3 Cole, their 2 for Cole would make it 5-4.  Waste of an idol.  And now he showed them that he doesn't trust them even though it seemed like Ben trusted him.

Why didn't Joe and Mike and Cole try to get 2 people to join them?  Appeal to JP or whoever is perceived to be on the bottom.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 8

OMG. That was a brutal immunity challenge.  It didn't look like much, but my lower back was spasming in sympathy even as Jeff was just explaining it.  Lauren's fishing boat experience must have made that easier for her, but you could tell it was getting to her at the end.  

Gawd.  I hope Survivor provided in-camp chiropractic service or a candy bowl of Motrin back at camp.  Seriously, I'm in agony just watching that!

• Love 8

Can this season be over already? I'm so sick and tired of seeing "the 7" getting who they want voted out. I was hoping for a Ben blindside because he seemed to be dictating his alliance. Of course not, and Cole had to be the one to go. Wake me up when and if something interesting happens.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

ETA: I actually remember Corinne saying she was pissed that there seemed to be no hard feelings when she went to the MvsGX reunion, and everyone was so good natured and acted like it was a high school reunion.  I think the only real drama was between Figgy and Taylor, but there was a good reason for that.  

As for Mike, I don't know if he was purposely trying to get people to vote for him so then he could save himself with the idol or what.  But then he voted for Cole, so I don't know.  And he wasted his idol on top of it.

Ladychatts gets the trophy!  That was exactly what he was doing.  He was trying to be morally obnoxious to get the mega alliance upset at him at tribal to cast their votes his way and not at Joe who he assumed was the number one target.  (Remember he whispered to Joe to follow his lead right before he started the tirade).  Then he would play the idol sending Cole home and he and Joe would have another couple of days tgo try and crack the alliance.  Little did he realize that Joe wasn't a target and that Cole was and he, Mike, was the back-up vote hoping to flush the idol which they did.

If Cole stayed he might win immunity next time which would make Dr Mike the next one out.  Cole won time before last and came in second to Lauren this time so it was a real worry.  If Joe left and Cole won then Mike would be out the next time.

He wanted Cole out and Joe as his shield.  That gives him another 4 days to maneuver.  Big alliances usually break apart before the last of the outliers go since he then becomes a handy vote to use.  That is Mike's best hope at this point.  So he wasn't trying to get one of The Seven out because he knew that was impossible.  He used his idol to do what he could to give him 4 more days to find a way in with one of the factions within The Seven which was the best outcome he could hope for.

2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Ok thanks. I couldn’t watch so what was the award challenge and who won and what? I know I can watch the episode on the CBS website but it doesn’t sound like it is worth watching. 

2 hours ago, ElleryAnne said:

They were split into two teams, and the winning team won a yacht trip with some bagels, cake and wine.  I think the winners included Chrissy and Joe.  Devon and Ben were on the losing team.  I can't even remember who else was on either team.  Hopefully someone else here will remember.  The only halfway memorable thing was that the losing team mooned the winning team when the yacht approached the camp.  

eta:  Oh, and Cole was on the winning team.  I remember he made a huge bagel and cold-cut sandwich.

Winners were all three healers (Joe, Mike and Cole) plus Chrissy and JP (JD? JT? JE? Whoever he is).

It's kind of funny that Ryan is being a weasel to  everyone BUT Devon but now Devon thinks he was betrayed by Ryan cause Ryan couldn't keep the idol quiet just between them but told Ben too.  Devon totally bought Ben's lie about Ryan having told everyone.

The other big info from this episode is that the "Round Table" is being ruled by Dictator Arthur aka Ben.  Joe actually had it right last week.  Ben is running everything or is trying to.  I hope we see the others blindside him sooner than later because he was all alpha male do as I say this episode and wouldn't listen to anyone else especially Chrissy and Ashley.  Chrissy looks like she is about over Ben.

Unfortunately Devon bought Ben's lie and jumped ship to the darkside to work with him and Lauren.  (Yes, I do not like Ben).  I was hoping that Ryan and Chrissy and him could be final three.  Or Joe maybe in the mix too.

Also ironic that Joe tried to be obnoxious as much as possible to Ashley and Chrissy to shake things up and he actually did because it exposed Ben for being the tin horn dictator he is.  And it came about because Ben rode roughshod over their desire to evict Joe over Cole.

And I still don't know WHY Ben wanted Dr Mike as the back-up choice next to Cole instead of Joe though.  The others wanted one of Cole or Joe gone.  Mike was the last on their list.  Only Ben seemed to want Dr Mike voted for and he wasn't even the main target.  He could have smoothed some feathers with Joe at least the back-up instead.

And I think that with Mike playing the idol Joe will dig up the whole island looking for the reburied one next week.

Edited by green
  • Love 9

Now that I am cheering HARD for Joe , and no one else I guess -- I mean Devon is cute but so far is acting as useless as everyone accused Desi of being -- I now find Ashley so much more annoying than Chrissy.  I never found Chrissy that annoying but I totally get why she's rubbed some people the wrong way.  But Ashley just strikes me as an asshole.  Queen Ashley does not like the Peasant Joe running around scrambling looking for idols.  Oh it offends her tastes and her senses.  Oh shut up.

Chrissy: People feel steamrolled by you.
Ben: NO THEY DON'T. Well, you might, and Ashley might, but NO THEY DON'T.

LOL!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11

I like Devin, Lauren, or Dr. Mike for the win.  Chrissy and Ben are both playing hard, so I won't begrudge them a win, but Chrissy runs me the wrong way, and I can't figure Ben out.

Desi is gorgeous.  She was lovely all dirty and gross yet still beautiful in the game, but luminous all cleaned up and healthy tonight.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Now that I am cheering HARD for Joe , and no one else I guess -- I mean Devon is cute but so far is acting as useless as everyone accused Desi of being -- I now find Ashley so much more annoying than Chrissy.  I never found Chrissy that annoying but I totally get why she's rubbed some people the wrong way.  But Ashley just strikes me as an asshole.  Queen Ashley does not like the Peasant Joe running around scrambling looking for idols.  Oh it offends her tastes and her senses.  Oh shut up.

Chrissy: People feel steamrolled by you.
Ben: NO THEY DON'T. Well, you might, and Ashley might, but NO THEY DON'T.

LOL!

I was surprised Cole went home because he got zero airtime tonight.  I don't think he was shown speaking before tribal council.  The fact that the useless Ashley got so many words kind of made me think that she would be a surprise boot.  

This is exactly why I thought Ashley would go home, too.  She's gotten near zero visibility since the first episode, and suddenly she's front and center, and being obnoxious on top of it.  That's been par for the course for the women this season that ended up getting booted in that respective episode.

I will say, this episode did have some good quotes/TH.  

• Love 4

I still say keep Joe, he's a perfect goat. Man, Cole did well in the reward challenge, so did JP and Joe. Very impressive.

I loved how Chrissy said she could control the conversation, yeah, alright Chrissy..

Ryan had better go careful, he's over playing, and Ben was right, they flushed out Mikes idol. Not sure what Mike was getting at , at TC, I was worried he'd give the idol to Joe, then be sent home!
Ashley, Joe is annoying, but looking for idols is what some players do!!! I'm not keen on her..Lauren is getting better each week.

Did Lauren cast two votes this week? They never said

• Love 5
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Seriously. Admittedly, I've only been half paying attention and tonight I was barely awake during the whole thing so again, someone explain the logic to me of Mike playing his idol for himself when the vote was clearly between Joe and Cole, especially after all his talk of making some big move. 

Well, I was paying attention, & I don't understand why Mike played his idol. From what he said during his TH, I thought he was going to give it to someone, not play it himself. I don't get it. 

4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Especially with Ryan telling everyone about his idol (in his pants, in case you missed where he put it).  

I couldn't stop laughing every time he told somebody about what he had in his pants, he sounded like the really drunk guy at the bar who keeps trying to pick up girls.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I was surprised Cole went home because he got zero airtime tonight.  I don't think he was shown speaking before tribal council.

Actually, Cole had a voiceover TH upon their return to camp after the IC; Cole thought Joe would be the primary target.