Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E09: Fear of the Unknown

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

56 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

On Joe with a fake idol: Did anyone see any scene that indicated that Joe was wearing a necklace of some sort at tribal? So they told Joe to take off the fake idol and it was not played at the vote for some reason? If they told Mike to put away his idol and use it later and they did the same thing with the fake, why didn't Mike play the fake when he played his real idol?

I rewatched to see.  We don't see either with an idol, though that's easy to edit... just only use footage from before they donned them.  I can believe they asked Mike to do a shot of him revealing it after the votes, in case that's how they chose to edit things.  We know they re-shoot some scenes and even whole challenges sometimes, I think.  

As for why didn't Joe or Mike play the fake idol, I assume because it was fake.  Playing it just confirms that it is fake and there is no upside.  I think the only time anyone plays a fake idol is when they don't know it's a fake or aren't 100% sure.  

I listened to Cole’s RHAP exit interview. I was pleasantly surprised how nice & honest he sounded. I don’t think he’s an idiot at all now. I wouldn’t be totally adverse to him playing again. That said, there are probably a lot of other guys from previous season who might get the call again before Cole would. Overall, he came off pretty good after the interview. Rob even mentioned it after the interview, too. Is it Wednesday yet? I’m so happy I get a 2 hour fix this week.

If this has been posted - my apologies as I don't have the time to go through the thread but wanted to share this from another board. I definitely would have loved to see this and am surprised why the producers didn't show this unless they want to keep the notion that Ben is the leader of the group and everyone does as he says. 

This is part of an article written by Dalton Ross from EW. It is Cole talking about the last tribal council. I don't understand why they would cut this part from the show. Sounds like it would have been pretty entertaining to watch.
---------------------------------

Mike made a big scene at the last Tribal Council on Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers, accusing the majority of having no moral character for keeping Joe in the game, and playing his hidden immunity idol even though he didn’t need it. But according to the person who was voted out, Cole Medders, there was even more that we did not see on the show, and he spilled the beans when he called into EW Morning Live (Entertainment Weekly Radio, SiriusXM, channel 105) to discuss his time on the island.

“It wasn’t shown, but Mike pulled out his idol before the votes happened and put it around his neck,” reveals Cole. “And he also had a fake idol at Tribal Council that he put around Joe’s neck.” That’s right, it seems the Sex Doctor also has a flair for the dramatic and had continued to collect materials for his fake idol, including a real idol note.

“He had been collecting tassels off the tribe flags and had created a fake idol and kept the write-up for Joe’s past idol that he had played and wrapped it up in that to make it look like a legit idol,” says Cole. “It looked real. It definitely convinced everyone, I think. Once they put those two idols around their necks, that’s when everyone went, ‘Okay, guys. The plan is still the same: vote out Cole.”

15 hours ago, tessat said:

“It wasn’t shown, but Mike pulled out his idol before the votes happened and put it around his neck,” reveals Cole.  And he also had a fake idol at Tribal Council that he put around Joe’s neck.”

Which makes no sense.  Because we are shown Dr. Mike taking the idol out of his pocket/bag before playing it.  Which means he would have had to have taken it off and put it away before voting, then pulling it back out to play it.  And Joe wearing a fake as part of a bluff?  TPTB would kill for footage like that, and we're shown none?!?

Cole's either trying to justify his own failure, or he's done something else even dumber than his actions on the island.  Time will soon tell which.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why would Cole lie about this though?

Right.  It doesn't make him look any better either way.  I assume he's just revealing more about the editing antics than most feel comfortable doing.   

I don't buy it. If this was all editing, then we would have seen Mike play the fake idol for Joe and Jeff saying it was a fake. There is no way they edit that out. And there is no way that a fake idol is played and that is not shown. That is the type of TV they are looking for. Hell, they offered crazy lady a fake idol kit so she could make a fake idol but she choose the other advantage.

I just can't believe that a fake idol was played and we never saw it.

• Love 1

I feel like other past players have said there have been fake idols edited out but I don't recall who.  

My impression was not that Mike played a fake idol for Joe, just that he made one and passed it to Joe to wear and told the group it was one.  And that no one ever played it as in presented it to Jeff for immunity, so Jeff never said either way.  Joe would know it was fake, so he wouldn't play it.  And if it never got played that might've been the end of its credibility and that might be why it didn't make the edit.  Maybe they really thought it was a better story to show whatever the heck they did show instead.  Jeff remarking on Cole trying to look tiny while Mike tried to deflect votes onto himself? 

5 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I don't buy it. If this was all editing, then we would have seen Mike play the fake idol for Joe and Jeff saying it was a fake. There is no way they edit that out. And there is no way that a fake idol is played and that is not shown. That is the type of TV they are looking for. Hell, they offered crazy lady a fake idol kit so she could make a fake idol but she choose the other advantage.

I just can't believe that a fake idol was played and we never saw it.

No one said it was actually played, just that Mike took out an idol before the vote and gave it to Joe. That would make the majority alliance not vote for Joe. Presumably, Joe knew it was fake and wouldn't play it, Mike isn't trying to screw over Joe. Mike was trying to fake out the majority alliance.

On 11/24/2017 at 3:32 PM, wings707 said:

Really?  What the hell is he thinking?  Very uninteresting castaway.  Makes no sense.  He didn't even give good Ponderosa.  

UGH it shows his bias for Alpha males. Jessica deserves a second chance more than this buffoon. 

• Love 1