Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, gavinmac said:

For what it's worth, I once met an American embassy consular officer in Africa and asked him about K-1 fiancee visas.  I asked, "Let's say you have a couple that meets all the requirements, they've met in person, they can show it's an actual relationship and not a sham, but, come on, they hardly know each other and you can tell that the younger/better looking foreigner is probably just using the American for a green card. Will you deny the application?"

His response was something like "No, if the American is genuinely in love, we're not going to stand in their way and tell them they're making a dumb decision and tell them who to marry and who not to. We'll just approve the visa application."

Where is Loren when we need her? She would have told him!

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

According to Nicole's IG, she's making her fortune selling LuLaRoe

Hah!  I always see Facebook posts from people selling off their inventory/going out of business.  Can you imagine Nicole putting in the effort of marketing herself, planning LuLaRoe parties with all her friends, etc...do we think Daddy Nicole has bought a lot of leggings from her?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I can see a pretty face and decent skin despite her deep fried diet, but she's rotten to the core on the inside.  No amount of weight loss or makeover can make up for a vile personality, lack of intellectual curiosity, or the ways of a willful, spoiled woman-child.

Nicole has a very pretty face, blue eyes, blond hair, and peaches and cream coloring. she could be a knockout if she made a little effort. But of course that would require work and commitment. I'm sure its too hard, poor dear. Now pass the doughnuts, pizza, fried chicken and peanut butter cups, thanks.

22 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Good question.  Since Azan won't be able to work when he comes her and Fiancée Nicole is indigent, what will Father Nicole do?  He wants to impose morality on the couple for what I suspect are driven by his own religious reasons, so I'm wondering how he thinks young Azan can pay rent in a country with a much higher standard of living.  Azan may earn enough to live alone in Morocco, but whatever savings he has won't go as far here. He will still be expected to help his family back home, since they depended on his earnings while he was there. Azan seems willing to work.  He calls Miss Piggy lazy, so Azan doesn't seem employment averse like Mahammit.

Isn't Azan a personal trainer? I'm sure there's a real shortage of those in Florida. Snerk.

And surely Papa Nicole will open his home to Azan (with nanny cams installed in the spare room to make sure there's no unseemly baby making going on). Or does he just expect him to live in a paper bag by the side of the road?

17 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I agree with you here. Azan's family will treat Mae like gold although I think they will be astonished at what a misbehaved child she is. That's how they raise 'em in that family! 

Children are absolutely doted upon in that part of the world as opposed to our country where we're more likely to schedule them out of our way with camps and activities or give them video games to keep them quiet. And, Azan's mother will probably have far better patience, disciplinary ideas and consistency.

Azan's mother, sisters and aunties will surely be devoted to May and treat her like a princess. They'll sing to her and play endless games with her and teach her to count and name her colors in Arabic. She'll be beautifully behaved for them. Nicole will be in turns jealous of them for taking her baby away, ("you love Mommy best, don't you honey?") and pleased that they are there to baby sit so she and Azan can have "alone time". 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And surely Papa Nicole will open his home to Azan (with nanny cams installed in the spare room to make sure there's no unseemly baby making going on). Or does he just expect him to live in a paper bag by the side of the road?

A trundle bed beside the bed in Nicole's motel room with a sheet hanging between them for privacy. Yep. Should do the trick.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Cranky One said:

I've seen some of y'all refer to Nicole as an ID. What does this mean?

For those of you wondering how normal parents have such an awful kid, I give you Nancy Spungen. This book was written a long time ago by her mother, but worth the read

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Want-Live-This-Life/dp/0449911411

One of my favorite books, tbh. Such a fascinating story to me, mostly because I was too young when Sid & Nancy were a thing, but they were romanticized in a way that I see now as NO THIS ISN'T OKAY.  

But it's a really great parallel between the Spungens and Family Nicole.  I hadn't thought of it that way, and it kind of explains why I keep turning in to watch Trainwreck Nicole despite how much I want to shake her until an ounce of sense forms in her tiny little brain container.  

LLR,... no words.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, gavinmac said:

My first impression of Annie is the tattoos. She has a big one on the back of her leg and another on her shoulder. In Thailand, a pretty woman from a poor village with tattoos who can speak English and is working in a bar in a tourist area being chatted up by Western men is generally a hooker or ex-hooker. 

If she is from a very poor village there is no way she could afford those tattoos.

Are we sure she isn't a LadyBoy? That is the first thing I thought of.

I love how she called him an old foreigner!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

Her "singing" isn't good at all.  It's that breathy Indie type of style that I don't like.  All those guys that were commenting on her FB page were just doing it because she has a cute body.  Which, BTW, I found it odd that as religious as her family is, the majority of her FB photos showed her scantily-clothed.  I also find it difficult to believe that her fiancé is also a virgin at his age.

Evelyn's like, "I keep getting these 'gross' comments from guys telling me how sexy I am every time I post photos of myself in skimpy clothing!"

THAT was only interesting thing she said though. The rest was just noise.

And the arrogant way that she talked to her friend. Yikes!

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 20
On 10/9/2017 at 8:48 PM, CofCinci said:

Did you see that gleefully-defiant smugface Nicole made when her mother said that she actually gained more weight since her last trip to visit Azan?  She has no interest in becoming healthier.  Also, to say that you're jealous of your daughter getting attention from Azan really shows how demented you are, Nicole.  Yikes.

Does the Stroke Guy in Thailand realize he is being used?  Thousands expected in gold.  Thousands expected as a dowry to parents.  He is broke. 

I'm sure 18-year-old Christian musician's boyfriend is a virgin too.  ;p

And Thai-girl's face when they are discussing money...she is so disgusted by him. 

• Love 10

Evelyn and her mom bother me.  Her mom just seems so...unnatural. Like she wants to be her daughter's best friend (instead of her mom), because, maybe then, her daughter will confide in her? I don't know.

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Evelyn's like, "I keep getting these 'gross' comments from guys telling me how sexy I am every time I post photos of myself in skimpy clothing!"

THAT was only interesting thing she said though. The rest was just noise.

And the arrogant way that she talked to her friend. Yikes!

OMGosh! Her singing....I am not sure how to insert a link here...but she reminded  me of the pig farmer's daughter who thought she was a singer on Doc Martin.  I'll have to go out and search for the a clip and see if I can share it.  Well, it's not up online yet. It was from Season 7.  But if anyone is an avid Doc Martin fan and you've been watching, you know who I mean. :)

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, MrSmith said:

The theory my wife and I are going with as to why Azan didn't realize Nicole was "big a little bit" is that there aren't many fat people in Morocco. Thus, he doesn't really know how to look at a person's face and impute their overall weight. We could be way off with this theory, but it's our operating theory for now. Any better-traveled people on this forum are welcome to insert facts into our theory and either blow it up or firm it up.

So, which came first: the family chicken farm or the family egg farm? (I could not resist and I'm not even sorry! LOL)

Obesity rates are actually quite high in Morocco, and in many North African countries.

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2017/09/228827/7-million-moroccans-suffer-obesity-un-report/

Not as high as the US, but definitely enough that Azan likely knew what it looks like.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, peaceknit said:

Reality shows really started taking off right at the time of the Hollywood writer's strike. Producers figured they could make money without the writers, and the rest is history. Even Bravo does scripted shows now, and they were one of the first channels to do reality.

And then we all realized how much fun "reality" train wreck TV is! 

Win win for all involved! Remember the $1M per episode the Friends cast was getting? I never even liked that show (hate sitcoms - laugh tracks drive me literally insane).

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Cranky One said:

I've seen some of y'all refer to Nicole as an ID. What does this mean?

For those of you wondering how normal parents have such an awful kid, I give you Nancy Spungen. This book was written a long time ago by her mother, but worth the read

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Want-Live-This-Life/dp/0449911411

That was an amazing book. 

Can you message me Nicole's IG?  I can't find her anywhere. 

7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

The theory my wife and I are going with as to why Azan didn't realize Nicole was "big a little bit" is that there aren't many fat people in Morocco. Thus, he doesn't really know how to look at a person's face and impute their overall weight. We could be way off with this theory, but it's our operating theory for now. Any better-traveled people on this forum are welcome to insert facts into our theory and either blow it up or firm it up.

So, which came first: the family chicken farm or the family egg farm? (I could not resist and I'm not even sorry! LOL)

LOL. Good question! It's actually called a "hatchery" - but wasn't sure most would know what that meant. I didn't. My first thought was - wild life preserve?

I believe it's still there BTW with distant cousins (very large Catholic family). And they ain't nowhere near rich. Lucky to be middle class. Too bad no crazy, unattractive narcissists looking for foreign "hunks". I'd loved to have seen Mohammed collecting eggs and cleaning up chicken shit at 5 am. Mr. DC's very practical family wouldn't put up with that shit (heh) though.

Mr. DC got nostalgic seeing Berry's Restaurant every time. He proudly says Norwalk wouldn't have her so she had to move to unfortunately named Sandusky (though he loves Cedar Point).

3 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

3 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Weird double post.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Nancy once ordered Sid to push a girl down the stairs because she was prettier than her and she felt dissed. According to Chrissie Hynes, when Sid offed her, people said, "I can't believe he didn't do it sooner."

Sid, Sid, look what you did.

It's terrible to say, but her death was akin to putting a wild, injured animal out of its misery. I know her family loved her but i hope they are at peace about Nancy and are happy to not have to deal with her. I read that book but it's been so long, I can't remember how the parents reacted. I should read to again, it was very good. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

Her "singing" isn't good at all.  It's that breathy Indie type of style that I don't like.  All those guys that were commenting on her FB page were just doing it because she has a cute body.  Which, BTW, I found it odd that as religious as her family is, the majority of her FB photos showed her scantily-clothed.  I also find it difficult to believe that her fiancé is also a virgin at his age.

Oh my gosh!  Her singing was so painful to listen to!  I really wish I could play that clip for everyone from Doc Martin - this girl thought she was such a hot singer -- singing about the pigs on her dad's pig farm....sounded just like this girl. I about died laughing!

• Love 2
On 10/10/2017 at 8:53 AM, Bugfrey Von said:

Truth of the matter is that Nicole will never have a partner. She'll have enablers and eventually caregivers, but she's too small minded, immature, selfish and vile to ever consider someone else's needs. I hope Mae goes off to college and disconnects from the emotional succubus that is her mother. I know reality television only shows a sliver of truth, but Nicole has revealed herself a a truly terrible person. Azan is a million times better off in Morocco if the US means tolerating Nicole. She is by far the worst person ever on this show in all its iterations. 

She absolutely is the absolute worst character ever of this series, and that's no small feat. Also one of the youngest. 

I want Mae to grow up and be a happy, successful person and leave her sorry whale of a mother far behind her. Mae shouldn't have to spend her youth being a caretaker to diabetes riddled and amputeed mother.  I usually can dig deep and find some compassion within me for somebody on some level but it's impossible with Nicole.  

• Love 15

I do not know anything about government aid, welfare, or any other government programs Nicole might be using.  So I am reaching out to any of you out there in the know.  If Nicole has the income from the show coming in, which is probably a chunk of change, how could she still be eligible for these programs?

• Love 2
On 10/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, annewithaneee said:

Conventionally attractive, emotionally and financially stable women don't make for easy marks. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we know which dating sites Danielle and Nicole were on, do we? I would be surprised if they weren't some no-membership-fee BBW sites. I've never believed for a moment that Azan didn't know what size Nicole was prior to meeting. I think these guys go looking for women they expect to have low self-esteem and will be easily won over, and don't have the foresight to consider that the very same qualities that make the women vulnerable to a con will also make the men's lives a living hell to the point where they'd be much better off in their original situation. Nicole and Danielle are both awful, but their counterparts were/are absolute grifters imo. 

Great points... but holy cow these guys sure know how to pick the crazies. However, if you're knowingly going to scam someone, I guess it is karma that it is painful and difficult. That's what they get with Nicole and Danielle. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I do not know anything about government aid, welfare, or any other government programs Nicole might be using.  So I am reaching out to any of you out there in the know.  If Nicole has the income from the show coming in, which is probably a chunk of change, how could she still be eligible for these programs?

She may well find herself no longer eligible for the same level of benefits.  Most people have to re-qualify (probably annually), and the agency has to see either bank records or tax forms for the prior year.  Once they see her income from the show, her rent/benefits will likely be adjusted.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She may well find herself no longer eligible for the same level of benefits.  Most people have to re-qualify (probably annually), and the agency has to see either bank records or tax forms for the prior year.  Once they see her income from the show, her rent/benefits will likely be adjusted.  

Also the question has been for years, what are they actually being paid?   Some say they get minimal amounts, some say they are raking it in, some say the money is from appearances.    I have said before I would love to get my hot little lawyer hands on an actual contract.   Those would make some really interesting reading.   

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Also the question has been for years, what are they actually being paid?   Some say they get minimal amounts, some say they are raking it in, some say the money is from appearances.    I have said before I would love to get my hot little lawyer hands on an actual contract.   Those would make some really interesting reading.   

I don't think a whole hell of a lot. But I guess enough for Anfisa to blow on an Yves Saint Laurent handbag (plus Botox for a "20" yr-old), Paola on tacky Louboutin shoes, Danielle on a new trailer/kittens and pageant dresses for Sister Pedro!

Turns out tons of people are willing to humiliate themselves on TV for our enjoyment for very little cash! Yay us!

I don't think this crowd generates a lot of demand for lucrative personal appearances.

Though I'd pay good money to see Danielle open a pool party in Vegas. I love you HB to Hell!

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

A friend has a part time job and his kids are on Obamacare. He worked some overtime this summer and they denied an eye doctor claim because he went over the threshold. They must watch pretty close.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I would love to know as well.  Nicole may be getting more this go round than last due to the fact they have an unbelievable story line we are all interested in.  

I would also hope that Karine and even Jenny received compensation that would at least help them out a bit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

Very generally, most government benefits are based on a percentage of the federal poverty rate.  The 2017 poverty rate for one person is $14,840.  The level increases for larger households.  Eligibility depends on the income maximum based on that percentage. Some programs also have asset limits. 

• Love 1
On ‎12‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 3:27 AM, meandyouzz said:

you are right about Annie being a bar girl. my upper middle class neighbors do not speak English as well as Annie, so obviously she has on-the-job language training at the bar.

a dowry (Sin Sod) is standard in Thai weddings.  it is often just for show, but standard.

if Annie is from a village where other women have married foreigners and the dowry was high, then David will be asked to pay a lot too (or at least show the money).  it really depends on the parents and what type of social pressure they are under.

if David is asked to pay the entire dowry at the engagement then I call BS on the entire relationship-- she is just milking him dry before moving on to the next fool. it is not uncommon for bar girls to have several fools on the hook at a time. it is more profitable to juggle several men then commit to one and move to the West.

idiot David would be much better off finding a woman in her 30s or 40s that would appreciate having someone take care of her-- I really don't get why these people have to go so young.

Is a sin sot expected when two Thais marry? Is it as much as for foreigners? Do Thai brides want the personal gold in addition to the money for their families to cash on in if they break up?

Do virgins (who aren't supporting their families with sex money) call for a higher sin sot than prostitutes? Are prostitutes even looked down upon in Thailand? Or are they more of a financial asset to the family?

Does the foreigner have to keep on supporting the family financially after he's paid the sin sot they arbitrarily demanded?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Very generally, most government benefits are based on a percentage of the federal poverty rate.  The 2017 poverty rate for one person is $14,840.  The level increases for larger households.  Eligibility depends on the income maximum based on that percentage. Some programs also have asset limits. 

Well, we've discussed the fact that TLC is possibly paying for Nicole and Mae to fly to Morocco - and for their living expenses for the two months they're supposed to be there.  If they won an amount equal to that on a game show, it would be reported as a 1099 for tax purposes.  I'm just not sure how they handle shows like this and The Bachelor/ette that aren't actually "game shows" . . . are the participants considered "contractors" for the production company, and their travel costs are written off as business expenses by the company?  That's the only way I can think of that the trips, etc., might not be taxable to the participants.  Even so, Nicole would earning money as a contractor, and THAT would affect her benefits eligibility.

• Love 2
On 10/9/2017 at 2:35 PM, NinaH said:

Unfortunately you are right. What's she's doing isn't child abuse, nothing harmful has happened to Mae YET.  She's allowed to be a sorry ass pig unless or until her child is abused in some way. 

Fingers crossed that family Azan will be good to and for Mae. Hell, they may be better than her own grandparents, they don't have to cave in to Nicole's childish temper tantrums and threats. 

That is the way the law works. They need to watch vigilantly and wait until she brings home some disgusting sex abuser boyfriend or in some other way screws up.

She's not on drugs. Food is her drug and that's legal.

Unfortunately for Mae, once she is removed from her mother's "care," she will have a memory of her mother that will haunt her for a lifetime. It would have been far better for her if she had been removed from that situation as a baby.

I think Azan's family probably would be better for Mae because they wouldn't raise another Nicole. They'll be consistent, and they'll instill some values. It won't be me, me, me.

There's a woman I know who gained custody of her granddaughter. Everyone warned her, "Keep her away from her mom." however, Grammy was weak. 15 years later and the granddaughter is a carbon copy replica, smoking pot and hanging out with mom. 

Seriously, you know Nicole is gonna let Azan adopt his "daughter." He'll become the custodial parent, and he'll remarry -- a husband or a wife. Nicole won't take it well, and several restraining orders later, Azan will have custody.

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Well, we've discussed the fact that TLC is possibly paying for Nicole and Mae to fly to Morocco - and for their living expenses for the two months they're supposed to be there.  If they won an amount equal to that on a game show, it would be reported as a 1099 for tax purposes.  I'm just not sure how they handle shows like this and The Bachelor/ette that aren't actually "game shows" . . . are the participants considered "contractors" for the production company, and their travel costs are written off as business expenses by the company?  That's the only way I can think of that the trips, etc., might not be taxable to the participants.  Even so, Nicole would earning money as a contractor, and THAT would affect her benefits eligibility.

Work-for-hire with lump sum payment, no royalties and no rights whatsoever, is my guess, especially because reality formats are low-budget, non-union productions.

Travel expenses (pre-approved) would be paid by production company, claimed by production as promotion expenses.  Don't know about living expenses.  

Here's a recent article I found interesting - about some cases in France and the court decisions:  http://ipkitten.blogspot.de/2017/09/reality-tv-stars-performers-employees.html

• Love 1

The 90 days begin for two couples as foreign fiancés land in the U.S. Meanwhile, Elizabeth's friends have concerns about Andrei before she heads to Ireland; and Azan welcomes Nicole and May in Morocco, and is faced with parenting a toddler.

16 hours ago, NinaH said:

She absolutely is the absolute worst character ever of this series, and that's no small feat. Also one of the youngest. 

I want Mae to grow up and be a happy, successful person and leave her sorry whale of a mother far behind her. Mae shouldn't have to spend her youth being a caretaker to diabetes riddled and amputeed mother.  I usually can dig deep and find some compassion within me for somebody on some level but it's impossible with Nicole.  

Nicole stirs up terrible violent thoughts within.

David is such a pathetic loser.

Fuck you Molly!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

It depends on how much she is making (and what is considered income) from the show, any income from other sources and the eligibility requirements for each benefit she may be receiving.  Some programs look at income on a monthly basis, so benefits would only be affected in those months in which she actually receives money from the show.  It's hard to generalize because every program has different income limits (someone may qualify for Medicaid but not food stamps  (SNAP)) and income limits can vary by state, Medicaid for example. It becomes even more complicated because each program has different rules about what is or is not income. 

• Love 1

Nicole is so desperate to have Azan and he knows it, he may be able to out manipulate her in to getting her to agree to anything such as converting to becoming a Muslim. 

I wonder if Nicole even realizes that Azan is a Muslim and expects Nicole to be subservient in their marriage.

What is it with Nicole that makes her set her sights on a relationship that is doomed from the start?  The sheer idiocy of Nicole not knowing anything about Morocco or the culture, yelling at Azan to kiss her in public that could land them in jail, wanting him to show her off etc...narcissistic on every level and not once thinking about what Azan wants or needs or what is appropriate behavior in his culture.  She is seeing something that is not there such as a loving relationship.  It's a shame that Daddy Nicole rolled over so easily giving Nicole the ability to continue this ridiculousness.

The only thing that Mae will learn from Nicole is bullying, pouting and running away crying every time somebody says or does something she does not like.  Mae is just a tool for Nicole to make people do what she wants. 

Do all of these fiance's share the same personality disorder?  

Do I have a personality disorder because I cannot look away?

• Love 16
On 10/12/2017 at 7:34 AM, Phoebe70 said:

Maybe he is a "born again virgin", and the prior sex acts are just wiped clean. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What is it with Nicole that makes her set her sights on a relationship that is doomed from the start?  The sheer idiocy of Nicole not knowing anything about Morocco or the culture, yelling at Azan to kiss her in public that could land them in jail, wanting him to show her off etc...narcissistic on every level and not once thinking about what Azan wants or needs or what is appropriate behavior in his culture.  She is seeing something that is not there such as a loving relationship.  It's a shame that Daddy Nicole rolled over so easily giving Nicole the ability to continue this ridiculousness.

Here's the simplest explanation I can come up with:

IMG_0649.GIF

• Love 15
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, kacesq said:

does Nicole live in a motel? It looked like the bed was right next to the entrance. 

We have a number of those low-budget converted motel places around here.  They most always take Section 8, and house a lot of creepy people.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, ChiCricket said:

I wonder if she was raised by her dad for some reason, and the mom couldn't undo HIS bad parenting on her scheduled visits. It's not always the mother's fault.

I think she was like my step-sister-in-law, who knew how to work both parents for massive gains.  She's a master manipulator and I can't stand her.  She's so toxic that I had to cut her out of my life completely.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:39 AM, sleekandchic said:

Nicole.  If I were advising her parents and their spouses, I would have found a lawyer and started proceedings to declare Nicole legally incompetent and indigent (she's unemployed, right?).   ANYTHING to prevent her from taking Mae on this potentially life-threatening trip.  The parents would not have won in court, but the time, effort and delays would have, AT LEAST,  forced Nicole to leave Mae at home.  She is INSANE bringing that little girl to Morocco.

Where is Mae's dad?  

I used to work with a woman who screwed up all 3 of her kids.  They all ended up being wastes of space, and 2 of them have prison records (and one of those two got a girl pregnant in high school - thought it was some awesome display of his manhood - and married that girl, then divorced her, and proceeds to continue to have babies with her every few years).  The one was diagnosed as a psychopath (seriously), and one (a girl) was diagnosed as special needs - she's a little "slow".  The girl was the only one to finish school, albeit several years behind.  She did life skills while in school, but immediately went on disability as soon as she got out.  There is no reason this girl can't work at all.  Her mom initially saw this as a good thing, since her ex-husband never paid child support because he was "disabled" and put his workers comp settlement in his parents name.  The daughter lived with her, and they got help paying bills and other assistance.  Then the daughter got pregnant - on purpose.  To her, the baby was just a plaything - a live doll.  I worried every day that she was home alone with that baby.  She'd be out at 3 am on a bitter cold day, baby in a stroller, walking to meet friends.  Her mom finally wised up and took the baby away from her, kicked her out, and had her declared unfit.  The daughter continues to try to get to her little girl, and wants unsupervised visits with her, and wants to expose this little one to a revolving door of men, many of whom she's been "engaged" to, only to have it fall apart two months later, after she's moved to another state, and cries all over social media that someone needs to send her a bus ticket home.  Grandma finally "womaned up" and sent the granddaughter to a prestigious private school (on full scholarship) in another state, and her mother is on a "do not visit" list.  It's never too late to do the right thing.

Mae's dad is nowhere in the picture.  I don't think he's even in the country.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:40 AM, Desert Rat said:

It's not always the mother's fault how a child turns out as an adult.  People are unique in their personalities, talents, judgment, intelligence, etc. and also make different choices. It's not uncommon for siblings raised the same way by the same parents to take very different paths as adults. 

Nicole is narcissistic and a horrible mother. OTO, Brother Nicole is articulate and seems to be very wise for his young age. 

I believe her brother's father is her stepdad, so that would make sense.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, AZChristian said:

I haven't been watching this show for very long, but I do recall scenes of Azan saying that he could not show affection to Nicole in public "because of his culture."  

That's because it's Perma-Ramadan!

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, Jennifersdc said:

I wish I had the skills to screenshot her huffs, puffs and looks from her beady little eyes everytime somebody thwarts or asks her a reasonable question/request. She looks like a combination of a bloated nasty donkey and a beached Beluga whale. 

I'm a big gal myself, but I get what you're saying.  My mom (also a big gal) raised me to know there's a difference between "plus sized" and "fat and sloppy".  I don't leave the house unless I look clean and am dressed appropriately with clothing that fits and doesn't show too much off.  I never wear shorts.  I never wear anything sleeveless.  I only buy tops if they reach a certain length.  I do wear swimsuits and go swimming in public, but make sure they're appropriate length and cover enough.  I do own a bikini, but I wear it only when my husband and I are alone and at our favorite resort which has private pools in the suites.  There was a comedian - one of the Blue Collar guys - I think Bill Engvahl that said something like that he loves a big girl who is put-together struts like she owns it, but if you're out in a half shirt and a pair of pants you had to paint on that say "Juicy" on the butt, you need to re-evaluate yourself.  Nicole is actually a pretty girl, but she needs some serious help in how to present herself.  

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, Nowhere said:

I think they are willing to sponsor him because they see a long reality tv career for themselves and Nicole. Either that or TLC set it up and is giving Father Nicole credit for sponsoring, when in reality it's just a storyline. How hard is it for Hollywood to get actors from Morocco, for example? What kind of process do they have to go through? I wonder if TLC can just ship Azan over as a paid actor just for a story. 

But anyway, as far fetched as that is and pretty unlikely, I guess, it seems to me that Father Nicole is hoping for a career in reality tv for Nicole. She has potential for several spin-offs as far as he's concerned. Maybe she can even be on DWTS lol. This is all in his mind of course. Not mine. I don't think she can even shill on Instagram. 

That's entirely possible.  As stiff and stilted his talking head spots were, I think perhaps it is all MFTV drama.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, Cranky One said:

BAHAHAHAHA!!!  The bottom has already dropped out of that oversaturated market (and some bottoms are falling out of their crappy leggings as well).

• Love 4

Poor little Mae had a runny nose and needed it wiped several times. Azan was definitely more happy to see her than Nicole.

All of you were spot on with Evelyn's singing. Yikes! Her dad looked a lot younger than her mother, but his beard looked like a bunch of pubes. Her 'virgin' fiance seems nice and normal so far, but we shall see.

David reminds of some actor who does bit roles. I have no idea what this actor's name is and it's bugging the crap out of me.

Edited by Cranky One
  • Love 6

Just watched this online.  

Evelyn? Her 18 year old “I am perfect and get everything I want and I am in Looooove......have YOU ever been in love, friend who isn’t as pretty and perfect as me?”

Her not worrying about money and logistics of life, with her self-satisfied smile?  Makes me stabby.  I just can’t. Parental overindulge is huge with this one.

i feel for Molly, I sense a lifetime of fatherly emotional abuse. The way her brother came with to the dinner with dad said a lot. 

Nicole....can you imagine if she gets Azan to the US?He will be her hostage.  Cathy Bates in that Steven King movie comes to mind...WHY is Azan going along with this?

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Just watched this online.  

Evelyn? Her 18 year old “I am perfect and get everything I want and I am in Looooove......have YOU ever been in love, friend who isn’t as pretty and perfect as me?”

Her not worrying about money and logistics of life, with her self-satisfied smile?  Makes me stabby.  I just can’t. Parental overindulge is huge with this one.

i feel for Molly, I sense a lifetime of fatherly emotional abuse. The way her brother came with to the dinner with dad said a lot. 

Nicole....can you imagine if she gets Azan to the US?He will be her hostage.  Cathy Bates in that Steven King movie comes to mind...WHY is Azan going along with this?

Nah. Azan will not take Nicole's shit and that's what's going to make this so enjoyable. It may be the first time in her life that Nicole will be expected to act like an adult. This is going to be good. She's going to throw so many temper tantrums lol. 

• Love 10
On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 5:51 AM, MrSmith said:

Having spent time in Morocco that's not the case and while not as prevalent as in the US obesity in Morocco particularly among women is an issue. Also, many people in Morocco consider larger women more attractive and an indication of fertility. 

• Love 4