Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

Years ago (20+) I was in JCPenny with my 2 year old daughter. I was heading out and stopped to look at something on a rack. Just that quick, she was gone. Scariest parenting moment ever!

I hear ya.  19 years ago when my son was 2 we were at a mom's club thing in a playground.  I stopped for 1/2 a second to sign up for something (and I don't mean read the form and gab etc. ..I REPEATEDLY looked at my son because I am 100% paranoid).  but in the 1/2 second it took to actually write my name he was GONE.  Ran down over a hill...couldn't see him and it was TERRIFYING!!!.   I was almost dead. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Inga said:

Azan is purely doing this for the money you get from being on the show. Same with Nicole and her family. After the shit show that was last season , you could definitely see that there was no way Azan wanted anything to do with her.  But you know producers come back to them and talk them into doing another season—and Azan was like “ ok, I can put up with for another couple of weeks for the cash”. 

Azan might be doing it for the cash, but Nicole really thinks she's found a baby daddy. She couldn't wait to go trotting off to Morocco. 

She might even eat another vegetable.

Nah.

She's still recovering from the shock to her system of the one.

• Love 11

I don't think Nicole has anything mentally or medically inhibiting her from being an adult. She seems like a classic spoiled (maybe), irresponsible (definitely) and immature (dingdingding) girl who had a kid before she was ready and still hasn't grown the hell up.

I am guessing the house they're using as Molly's is a staged one.

• Love 5

I've said this before and I'll say it one last time before I reduce my participation in this great forum.

Sharp and TLC and picking people and couples with the least possibility of making it an with great chances of embarrassing themselves with their stories and actions.   In previous seasons, there was at least one couple who we thought could actually make it....someone with a bit of common sense and brains.   Lately, NONE of the couples have anything but BS and drama and that is manipulation and script all the way.   The stories are played out (Nicole is the new Danielle, Darcy is just blah blah, gold diggers, dumb men and professional women in search of one thing only.   When I know what's coming and what happens is actually worse or lower, then what's the point.    For a while this was entertaining, but with, it has run its course.    I learned a lot on this forum and might drop by but as much tolerance as I have, I just can't take this with all the other choices on TV and Streaming.

In deciding this, I thought about if this was in real life, would I stand around these people to watch them do dumb and self-promotion things in their pathetic ways.  The answer was no for me.

Sharp and TLC have a good premise for a show, but they need slightly modify their approach so that there is some entertainment but there's also truth and less script to these shows.  Invest some money and respect the participants.  Eventually, people see through bullshit or are fatigued by it and drop it.

• Love 6

I get the sense that May's leash was bought by Nicole's parents and it would have never occurred to Nicole. She'd have to spend enough time with her daughter to know she needs one.

Evelyn, please don't sing. Maybe you're the most talented person in your tiny New Hampshire town but that doesn't mean you have talent.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yep.. Nocole and Molly are both the type of Mom who loudly proclaim their kids are everything to them and then choose strange, shady men over their safety and wellbeing.  

In fairness to Nicole, Azan is less shady than she is.  But, he is NOT May's "Daddy" and is clearly in it for the green card.

Azan has no interest in being May's "daddy", but he will play one on tv to get the green card. 

Using a lead/leash on May is not fool-proof, Nicole has to remember to hold on to the other end. 

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, Inga said:

Azan. Seriously, what he is getting from Nicole?

I don't get this either?  She is nothing to him. His body language says it all.  It must be cash and the prospect of a Green Card.  And if she gets him to America she'll be all over him - she'll smother him.  And he won't be able to use his 'culture' excuses. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't get this either?  She is nothing to him. His body language says it all.  It must be cash and the prospect of a Green Card.  And if she gets him to America she'll be all over him - she'll smother him.  And he won't be able to use his 'culture' excuses. 

Literally and figuratively. :)

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Azan needs to watch old episodes of this show and follow Mahammit's playbook, "How to get the coveted green card while having only minimal sexual contact with your disgusting, overweight American bride."

Say what you want about Mahammit, but there is no denying he is the master when it comes to manipulating the fiance visa.

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Sprockets said:

If Nicole isn't a smoker, a cigarette may be the only thing tht doesn't go in her mouth.  

They are the Partridge Family.  

IMG_6297.JPG

Sprockets, between Jose Eber and the cigarette remark—u are on fire today! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Azan needs to watch old episodes of this show and follow Mahammit's playbook, "How to get the coveted green card while having only minimal sexual contact with your disgusting, overweight American bride."

I think he's smart enough to learn how to provoke her.

Seriously, it wouldn't take much. She's already shoved him because he refused to show her PDA in a place where it was forbidden.

She's proven herself to be irrational and volatile. It wouldn't be difficult to work her up into a lather. Especially when he threatens to take custody of Mae, which he WILL because he's the better parent of the two.

Then, it's a hop, skip and a jump to get his parents over here to get them to help with "his" daughter.

Seriously, I could see him getting attached to Mae. She's going to be his only friend here. And, he'll get benefits for her. 

He's a scammer, and he'll be able to rationalize that he's saving her from becoming Li'l Nicole. And, he is.

Azan's mother will get attached to her also. She will see Mae as this poor lost thing, malnourished on an American diet.

Nicole's dad doesn't realize what a dangerous game he's playing if he wants to keep his granddaughter.

It could work out well for Mae. Azan is clearly a liberal guy. He will be very Americanized. Mae won't grow up and wear a Hijab. She'll make her own choices and actually have a far better chance of getting educated if she's raised by him.

This is a serious possibility that her family never even considered.

Nicole isn't the only one short-sighted.

When Sean showed up at Abby's, who didn't half expect Chris to answer the door in one of her little silky robes...hahaha

"There was no physical contact, whatsoever, Sean, except with my tongue...lalalala....."

Lalalala is Chris making his Gene Simmons' face.

Sorry.

I'll get my coat.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

he ticket to America is great, but I don't think it is nearly as valuable when it does not include at least a minimal level of financial security.  I would imagine she could find an equally desperate man who at least has a job, a home and few dollars in the bank.  I wonder if David even meets the financial requirements to sponsor her for her visa.  Maybe his pal, (or Nicole's Dad) will sponsor her. :)

That's what I was thinking. David seems to have checked out of America after his divorce and job loss and seems to be scraping by pretty cheaply. How will be be able to sponsor her? 

• Love 3
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

That's what I was thinking. David seems to have checked out of America after his divorce and job loss and seems to be scraping by pretty cheaply. How will be be able to sponsor her? 

I think he's going to manipulate his friend into cosponsoring.

He'll probably pay him back something with the show money, but it will be a gesture at best.

• Love 1

Evelyn and David. give me the creeps. Unless she's lying about her age, she's 18, and they had been dating less than a year when this was filmed. How old was she when they first started talking, and how old was she when she flew to Spain? Worst case scenario, she was 17 when the Skype chats started happening. Girly is in for a rude awakening. Spending two weeks with somebody in person and Skyping isn't getting to know them. Love doesn't pay bills, and as devout as I am in my faith, I know that God can move mountains and make a way out of no way. However, that requires some work on the Christian's part. You're an unemployed 18 year old with no discernible talent, skills, or degrees/titles behind or in front of your name. You live in your parents home, and they're sponsoring your 26/27 year old fiance. I just can't even. She makes me feel stabby.

Nicole blows my mind. You're letting your two year old call some stranger daddy? The fuck? I really can't stand her self-entitled, narcissistic behind. It's one thing for you to go jetting across the ocean, but it's another to disrupt your two year old's life and take her away from the normalcy and stability. If you have to prove to your family that you can take care of your kid and be responsible, issa problem!

David and what's her face....ha. Umm sir, you do have to meet the minimum income requirements, and since you're being bankrolled, don't seem to have gainful employment/savings/401K, etc....how do you propose to bring your intended over to the States?

Molly....usually when a single parent gets into a new relationship, the person has met their kids and they aren't a perfect stranger. You're bringing your 26 year old toy boy into the house with your 17 and 6 year old daughters who don't seem to have any kind of relationship with this person. There will be growing pains. The oldest may be 17, but hell, she might only be one month into being 17, be a junior in high school, or whatever the case is. That's still her home, and age be damned, she deserves to not feel put out or uncomfortable because mummy has a hot young thang moving in. I don't think it's codependency. It sounds like Molly has already shifted things and broken promises like instead of taking her daughter(s) to NY for a girls trip, she chose go to the D.R. to be with her fiance. It's perfectly reasonable and rational to wonder what sort of changes will come about when Luis is there because his presence will cause a shift and change in dynamics. What happens if her daughter(s) clash with Luis and it's like WWIII? Molly and all single parents deserve to be happy, but at what expense? 

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think he's smart enough to learn how to provoke her.

Seriously, it wouldn't take much. She's already shoved him because he refused to show her PDA in a place where it was forbidden.

She's proven herself to be irrational and volatile. It wouldn't be difficult to work her up into a lather. Especially when he threatens to take custody of Mae, which he WILL because he's the better parent of the two.

Then, it's a hop, skip and a jump to get his parents over here to get them to help with "his" daughter.

Seriously, I could see him getting attached to Mae. She's going to be his only friend here. And, he'll get benefits for her. 

He's a scammer, and he'll be able to rationalize that he's saving her from becoming Li'l Nicole. And, he is.

Azan's mother will get attached to her also. She will see Mae as this poor lost thing, malnourished on an American diet.

Nicole's dad doesn't realize what a dangerous game he's playing if he wants to keep his granddaughter.

It could work out well for Mae. Azan is clearly a liberal guy. He will be very Americanized. Mae won't grow up and wear a Hijab. She'll make her own choices and actually have a far better chance of getting educated if she's raised by him.

This is a serious possibility that her family never even considered.

Nicole isn't the only one short-sighted.

Azan is not interested is raising another man's child. He's just going along to get the green card. Like Mahammit, he will leave the scene as as soon as he can without jeopardizing his green card. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Inga said:

Azan is purely doing this for the money you get from being on the show. Same with Nicole and her family. After the shit show that was last season , you could definitely see that there was no way Azan wanted anything to do with her.  But you know producers come back to them and talk them into doing another season—and Azan was like “ ok, I can put up with for another couple of weeks for the cash”. 

Yep, I agree with this. I sometimes think that maybe it started as a green card scam on his part and after their first season he's hanging on for the show, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Nicole watched the first season or two of the show and decided she wanted to get cast, and it's been contrived from the jump. I do expect them to find a way to keep this going as long as possible, into an "After the 90 Days" or whatever else they can wrangle.

I would be really shocked if the show paid well, though.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Azan is not interested is raising another man's child. He's just going along to get the green card. Like Mahammit, he will leave the scene as as soon as he can without jeopardizing his green card. 

I think you're right. He's probably not interested.

Mae is still a card that he could play.

It all depends upon how much his parents want to get themselves over here.

I don't know how all of this will play out but it's quite possible that as a single dad, Azan could get his parents over more quickly.

The beauty of Mae is that she would not tie him to Nicole forever. Once his parents are safely here, he could release her, rather like a hostage, back to her biological family and they would be happy to take her, no questions asked.

They may not be capable of such things, but who knows?

Azan's mother might get attached to Mae and decide they need to keep her out of necessity. We just don't know.

2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

anyone else notice she may have some eating issues?

I noticed in the coffee shop she fake sipped her iced black coffee.  Why isn't she in college?  We all know they will be living in her parents basement because the fiance cannot work for a period of time even after they are married and what kind job could she get that would pay a living wage, it certainly will not be her singing paying the rent, that was g-d awful.  She should pray to Jesus for a better voice.  Evelyn looks like a young Anne Hathaway.

What has Azan done to merit being called Daddy?  His response to learning how to put a car seat in a car was funny, like Nicole asked him to change a diaper.  That car seat should have been in the middle but then Nicole would not be able to man handle Azan in the back seat.  

Jesse and Darcy...not sure who was worse in the ring thing.  Jesse should not have made it seem like a proposal, frankly if he had bent down to tie his shoes Darcy would have said yes.  He announces it is a promise ring, (I doubt the ring is real), meaning his intention is marriage...she ran with it and egged him on about verbiage and if the engagement ring would be bigger, can she call it an engagement ring etc...like we all knew she would and he was probably sorry ten minutes after he did it.

• Love 3

Yes to everything everyone has said about Evelyn. I about busted out laughing when she first started to sing! She looks older than 18 and definitely has some kind of eating issue. Her fiancé is a 26 year old virgin? Um, ok. And she’s so Devout Christian—but wait, here’s a picture of me In a bikini—God created this body, so I should be able to show it...

Her “God will provide” excuse just shows that she has no real plans for supporting herself in the future. She just wants to get married and sing in her band and not have to really have to work hard for anything. 

I call BS on her “friend” Mikayla. I don’t think she has any real friends because if her arrogance.

The beginning of her segment was such an ad for her “band” it was awful. As someone who already stated, they are sick of playing at the local mega churches and just trying to get more exposure.

Is it me, or does her mom look really familiar? I could swear she’s a commercial actress-(which could explain the big house). Something like allergy/ sinus commercials? I can’t figure it out. And do people really wear aprons? 

If they are such devout Christians, I wonder how that are going feel when they find out brother Solomon is gay.

• Love 8

Larry's apology: "Let's get past this. You know I traveled all the way to here for you... I'm so sorry about everything. I wish I knew more before it happened."

"I'm so sorry this happened, but you didn't tell me what would happen if I didn't eat your slimy pig. This is your fault you know."

I think Jenny was crying because she was realizing her bleak immediate future with this man.

• Love 4

I am starting to think Evelyn is as much an 18 year old virgin as I am. And I thought that was cola in her cup. Her friend is more like a frenemy or a staged friend. I thought it was weird she would say she's never been in love but maybe she gave it a good long thought. More than most people who say they're in love on this show do.

Does Evelyn and her bandily have their stuff on itunes or Spotify or anywhere? You can't call yourself a real musician if you don't.

Edited by pollywood
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Inga said:

If they are such devout Christians, I wonder how that are going feel when they find out brother Solomon is gay.

Yes to everything you said!

She's so stuck-up I want to throat punch her.

"All these guys say such creepy things about my sexy bikini shots! They keep telling me I'm hot and stuff. I don't even want to think about what they're gonna say when I post me with this cleavage..."

When he didn't have any success with the anonymous "lewd" comments, he got in when he said "You're nice" using the name, "David." And the rest is history...

I hope poor Solomon gets it figured out before he marries a woman and has kids. And, I hope they can accept him.

This is a side note, but there are 36 direct references in the Bible to gluttony and over 100 indirect references.

It mentions being gay, like 4 times and Jesus never brought it up once.

They should lighten up on the gay bashing and just ban church picnics.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
just wanted to ramble on...
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

David and what's her face....ha. Umm sir, you do have to meet the minimum income requirements, and since you're being bankrolled, don't seem to have gainful employment/savings/401K, etc....how do you propose to bring your intended over to the States?

He says he is 48? Looks older.  As an adult if I am out shopping and see something I want but it is not in my budget I don't buy it, especially if it is not a necessity, David is shopping for something he cannot afford. Shame on his friend for fueling this fire...the baht thing is nuts, how do dirt poor people get all judgy about someone not being able to afford $6,000 worth of gold? That is what makes this whole transaction seem like their daughter is a means of income.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, pollywood said:

I am starting to think Evelyn is as much an 18 year old virgin as I am. And I thought that was cola in her cup. Her friend is more like a frenemy or a staged friend. I thought it was weird she would say she's never been in love but maybe she gave it a good long thought. More than most people who say they're in love on this show do.

Does Evelyn and her bandily have their stuff on itunes or Spotify or anywhere? You can't call yourself a real musician if you don't.

If you google her name you will see she actually has videos for some of her “songs” and she has a website. Who is paying for these videos? Which takes me back to her mother being an actress—someone help me out here! She’s definitely doing this show for the exposure.

20 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Parents Evelyn have "always been praying for her spouse"? The girl is 18. Gross. Although they are so young-looking, maybe their brand of Christianity believes women are spinsters at age 20. ... And now it's 20 minutes later, and yes, they got married when Father Evelyn was 19. Now Mother Evelyn is talking about how "long" the process has been. Uh ... less than a year from the time they met online?

Molly boo-hooing at her mom hurt my ears. And Father Molly may be a "bigot in sheep's clothing," but Molly is an idiot to think that her boy toy doesn't have his eye on a green card.

It's a fundie thing.  I remember seeing a movie against my will (I had a friend who would drag me to churchy things because she didn't want to go, and then in return I'd drag her to things I didn't want to go to - made it more tolerable) about a girl being raised by her dad (mom died) and he was always praying for her future spouse, and making sure she knew it.  I recall the Duggars mentioning that movie once, and I was not shocked.

As for Molly, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.  If you need your mom to tell you it's going to be OK, then there are red flags everywhere.  

13 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Bigot in sheep's clothing? WTH?  How would that look as a Halloween costume?

And WTF is a bigot in sheep's clothing?  A bigot is a bigot is a bigot......

13 hours ago, peaceknit said:

Nicole: Mae on a leash. Good grief. Oh, and Nicole and her family are about the pinkest, blondest family I've ever seen.

13 hours ago, Sprockets said:

We want Mae on a leash.  Nicole can't watch her, and she almost got chewed by the baggage carousel.  

13 hours ago, Sprockets said:

They're actually called leads, and they're a very good safety device for children who run away all the time.  I wish more parents would use them, preferably until children turn 18.  I see this as a good parenting decision, which means it's an accident for Nicole.  

I was a leashed kid in the 70's, as was my brother-in-law in the 80's.  They weren't as nice then - just a strap on the wrist and a cord between me and my mom.  I had a habit of running off thinking it was funny, and once gave myself a mild concussion as I ran into a rack at McCrory's store.  And my mom was super watchful and protective - I'm an only child born to a mom who was told she couldn't have kids, and was never able to have more (I wasn't as lucky, sadly).  I'm all for it.  The new ones are super nice and very comfy for the kids.

2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Evelyn may be young, uneducated, unworldly and overly coddled by her family, but that is no reason to so smug, arrogant and unpleasant to her bestest friend. Girlfriend  has some nasty character flaws that aren't going away anytime soon. My take on her family dynamic is that they see her as the star of their sad little ragtag band. They view her as their golden ticket and treat her that way. Her brother said he was afraid about what was going to happen to the band without her. Her mother commented that she does not want her daughter in Spain, she wants her living here. They want to keep their perceived golden goose close to home so they can control her. Early marriage, too many kids, no education is the perfect recipe for lifelong family dependence. I imagine they do flutter around her and treat her with more deference than she deserves, but they still want to control her. On the subject of control, anyone else notice she may have some eating issues? She is painfully thin. Then the mother offered to cook her one egg, which she picked at. Maybe too early to tell, but I think it's possible. 

Thank God nobody else seems to like her signing. Am first to admit that I am not too with it musically speaking, and I was afraid I was the only one whose ears hurt when she started howling to the music.  Thanks guys for the validation. :-) 

Not sure what brand of fundie they follow, but if they're remotely anything like Gothard, then God wants them to be thin.  I've also heard the "rumor" that a lot of fundie girls stay extremely thin so as not to be popping out babies constantly.  That's a persistent rumor about Jinger Duggar's extreme thinness.

Her singing was awful, but I'm always reminded of that episode of South Park where Cartman proved that a fair amount Christians (not speaking of anyone here) only want to hear certain things and ignore the rest, hence his simply changing some of the words of songs to things like "Jesus" and "Savior", and no one noticed (except for a record executive) that the songs were highly inappropriate.

11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I noticed in the coffee shop she fake sipped her iced black coffee.  Why isn't she in college?  We all know they will be living in her parents basement because the fiance cannot work for a period of time even after they are married and what kind job could she get that would pay a living wage, it certainly will not be her singing paying the rent, that was g-d awful.  She should pray to Jesus for a better voice.  Evelyn looks like a young Anne Hathaway.

Certain bands of fundies don't go to college.  They can't be chaperoned by older brothers there, and it would open up their minds to Ungodly things.  She and her husband-to-be will milk the family music thing, living off of love offerings, and will ultimately go on to be missionaries, where they'll live off donations of others.

• Love 5

I am wondering something....In the previews for next week it shows Molly waiting on the steps for her daughter to show up to take her to the airport to pick up Luis, in this episode we see her brother take her to meet FatherMolly, BrotherMolly is driving.  I see a new Lexus SUV or such in the driveway, so now I'm wondering, does she drive at all or has she had a DUI?  Enquiring minds want to know. 

• Love 7

Are there 2 Davids? I am getting so confused (I thank my DVR). Is that the name of BOTH the Spaniard Virgin engaged to Evelyn the Look-But-Don't-Touch Scantily Clad Caterwauler? As well as the old man who went to Bangkok and found himself this year's Anfisa? Cripes.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I don't know how all of this will play out but it's quite possible that as a single dad, Azan could get his parents over more quickly.

The beauty of Mae is that she would not tie him to Nicole forever. Once his parents are safely here, he could release her, rather like a hostage, back to her biological family and they would be happy to take her, no questions asked.

Azan's mother might get attached to Mae and decide they need to keep her out of necessity. We just don't know.

How is Azan getting custody of Mae to use her as a hostage?  Being her stepfather for a short time would give him little or no rights to her, unnless he went through the process of legally adopting her, (and that would require the biological father to give up his rights or have them stripped).  Nicole would have full custody.  Even if Nicole were deemed unfit, I think Mae's grandparent's would be first in line, in the eyes of most courts, assuming the biological father doesn't want her.  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

I am wondering something....In the previews for next week it shows Molly waiting on the steps for her daughter to show up to take her to the airport to pick up Luis, in this episode we see her brother take her to meet FatherMolly, BrotherMolly is driving.  I see a new Lexus SUV or such in the driveway, so now I'm wondering, does she drive at all or has she had a DUI?  Enquiring minds want to know. 

I would think she has to drive to get around here. Where she lives there are no buses or transit services unless you're disabled. Maybe she is just such a bad driver everyone insists on doing the driving.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

Maybe she is planning on making out with her soulmate Luis on the way home and doesn't think doing that while driving would be safe. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Inga said:

Yes to everything everyone has said about Evelyn. I about busted out laughing when she first started to sing! She looks older than 18 and definitely has some kind of eating issue. Her fiancé is a 26 year old virgin? Um, ok. And she’s so Devout Christian—but wait, here’s a picture of me In a bikini—God created this body, so I should be able to show it...

I had the same response.  And I'm not even convinced he's only 26.  If he had said he was 36, I would've believed him. 

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Azan is not a dad and he will never get custody of May. He could care less about May.  

• Love 5

It's entirely possible I was hallucinating but I thought Azan was very loving to May. I thought Nicole even got jealous at one point. Moroccan culture of PDA for children vs adults aside, I think Azan could very well care about May. I find it interesting in my possible hallucination that Nicole is supposedly mad at Azan for not taking care of May in an upcoming episode. That's the tagine calling the kettle black isn't it?

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

If Nicole is really in it just for the cash, it makes her even more despicable for telling poor Mae that Azan is "Daddy".   

OMG. I almost fainted when I heard her say, "It's Daddy!" What the fuck?

I'm not into Christian rock or whatever that is Evelyn is singing, but I thought she had talent. She is smug as hell, though, and I wanted to smack her when she was talking to her friend.

Agree with those who suspect that Nicole is intellectually and emotionally defective. She probably got knocked up to pull some attention away from her sister. She would look like the sister, who is cute, if she lost the weight. And there is no way that Azan is not in it for the $$$.

She is right to put the girl on a lead because Mae appears to be a curious child, unlike her dim mum, and if you take an eye off of her for a second, or are dim like her mum, she could end up anywhere. How did she get up on that luggage carousel?

I didn't even know this series had started up again and will have to do some catching up. Can't believe I've fallen down this rabbit hole!

• Love 3

The person I'm the most bothered by is Molly....her codependent relationship w/ her racist father, proven track record of making bad choices in men and soon to be THREE biracial children who are casualties of her stupidity. She's too old for this. After two big failures, she needs to find a local guy, around her age, and take her time. There is absolutely no reason why she should think she has to bring Luis into her home when she barely knows him.

• Love 7

Nicole....can you imagine if she gets Azan to the US?He will be her hostage.  Cathy Bates in that Steven King movie comes to mind...WHY is Azan going along with this?

And where are they supposed to live? That room? Does he know that she has a room and not an actual place with like, I dunno, a kitchen? I do not for a second believe that Mae actually lives in that room with her. I think she gets visitation occasionally and that one or the other parent has physical custody.

Since there seems to be mass confusion on this board, I confirmed on the subtitles: Nicole's daughter is named May, not "Mae."

Hmm. My subtitles (Google Fiber) read Mae.

Molly clearly has a biracial child

To me it looks like both her daughters are likely biracial - which doesn't mean anything other than she has a type. Which, if her dad is a "bigot in sheeps clothes" seems interesting, maybe a little bucking his expectations there.  As an aside, did anyone else hear her say something about she and the dad being young when she had the first one, which is why he's not in the picture? I feel like the math works out to 24, so it's not like she was a teen parent or anything. It was just an odd thing to say I thought.

David reminds of some actor who does bit roles. I have no idea what this actor's name is and it's bugging the crap out of me.

Rob Corddry maybe?  He def looks like an overweight and double-chinned version of Rob Corddry to me

Nicole has not watched Mae by herself for 2 weeks straight since Mae was born

Her mom even said something like "if you think it's hard to pack for Mae, try watching Mae for two months" in the car on the way to the airport. And of course Nicole bit out, "MOM! I'm her mom!!"  I'm betting not so much.

A leash is a must if you have an active toddler. Period. its hard for them to hold your hand all the time, they have to hold their little arms up and its tiring and uncomfortable. Little kids can get away in the wink of an eye. If I had a two year old with me in an airport you can bet that kid would be on a leash. They give the child a feeling of autonomy and allow the parent/caregiver to keep them safe.

Leashing is a valid parenting choice. But it is not a must, period or otherwise. I raised 2 extremely active and unpredictable sons to their teen years without leashing them or even holding their hands much - and they were both toddlers at the same time.  I even went places alone with them and my niece and nephew - all four  spanning only 3 years in age. They all had autonomy and safety but also limitations and boundaries - none of those are mutually exclusive. It can be done. It cannot be done by Nicole however. Nicole can barely figure out the leash.

Evelyn's hair. It's like someone told her that if she layered her uber-curly hair she would look like Parker Posey. But they failed to then tell her that this was not PP's best look, and that some product and a diffuser on her hair dryer would NOT be amiss.

edited because 2 + 2 = 4, not 3

pp.PNG

Edited by shockermolar
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

A leash is a must if you have an active toddler. Period. its hard for them to hold your hand all the time, they have to hold their little arms up and its tiring and uncomfortable. Little kids can get away in the wink of an eye. If I had a two year old with me in an airport you can bet that kid would be on a leash. They give the child a feeling of autonomy and allow the parent/caregiver to keep them safe.

I think it's fine, if a parent chooses to use it. I had a very active toddler who wouldn't be carried, wouldn't ride in a stroller or a shopping cart and liked to run. Yes, I did my fair amount of chasing, but she made it through the toddler years without me using a leash. I also think it's much more acceptable to use one nowadays. When I raised my kids(1980s)  using a leash would really raise eyebrows and probably elicit nasty remarks. Also, I though May's tether was cute. The ones that were available when my kids were small looked like dog leashes. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

<snip> Hmm. My subtitles (Google Fiber) read Mae.<snip>

According to the Bradenton Herald (Nicole's local newspaper), it's spelled "May":

http://www.bradenton.com/entertainment/article99608072.html

12 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I think it's fine, if a parent chooses to use it. I had a very active toddler who wouldn't be carried, wouldn't ride in a stroller or a shopping cart and liked to run. Yes, I did my fair amount of chasing, but she made it through the toddler years without me using a leash. I also think it's much more acceptable to use one nowadays. When I raised my kids(1980s)  using a leash would really raise eyebrows and probably elicit nasty remarks. Also, I though May's tether was cute. The ones that were available when my kids were small looked like dog leashes. 

As a parent with a disability (I use a manual wheelchair for mobility), it was necessary. As a matter of fact, when my daughter was much younger I was a member of an online group for parents with disabilities, and they were considered "essential equipment" to ensure the safety of our young children. Except we didn't call them "leashes" or "leads" - we coined the term "mommy walker"! 

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

A must?  Somehow my 3 active kids managed to make it through their toddler years without being leashed like dogs.  The same is true of the vast majority of the billions and billions of toddlers who have walked the earth for generation after generation.    If parents want to use them, fine.  But they are hardly a "must".  

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

The person I'm the most bothered by is Molly....her codependent relationship w/ her racist father, proven track record of making bad choices in men and soon to be THREE biracial children who are casualties of her stupidity. She's too old for this. After two big failures, she needs to find a local guy, around her age, and take her time. There is absolutely no reason why she should think she has to bring Luis into her home when she barely knows him.

I didn't see any evidence her father was a racist and I don't think the relationship seemed codependent either.  It is pretty normal for a person of any age to seek his/her parent's blessing for a marriage.

I also think that, deep down, Molly senses that she is being a complete fool with Luis and subconsciously wanted her father to talk her out of it.  He gave her good, sound advice and asked some good questions, (especially the one about her legal options if the marriage is not working out)  without being too overbearing about it, IMO.  

That said, I don't judge Molly or anyone else that harshly for not taking good advice.  That is how most of us are.  If our own judgment gets clouded (or was never good in the first place) it is generally hard to accept and implement good advice from those who care about us.  

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

And where are they supposed to live? That room? Does he know that she has a room and not an actual place with like, I dunno, a kitchen? I do not for a second believe that Mae actually lives in that room with her. I think she gets visitation occasionally and that one or the other parent has physical custody.

Hmm. My subtitles (Google Fiber) read Mae.

To me it looks like both her daughters are likely biracial - which doesn't mean anything other than she has a type. Which, if her dad is a "bigot in sheeps clothes" seems interesting, maybe a little bucking his expectations there.  As an aside, did anyone else hear her say something about she and the dad being young when she had the first one, which is why he's not in the picture? I feel like the math works out to 24, so it's not like she was a teen parent or anything. It was just an odd thing to say I thought.

Rob Corddry maybe?  He def looks like an overweight and double-chinned version of Rob Corddry to me

Her mom even said something like "if you think it's hard to pack for Mae, try watching Mae for two months" in the car on the way to the airport. And of course Nicole bit out, "MOM! I'm her mom!!"  I'm betting not so much.

Leashing is a valid parenting choice. But it is not a must, period or otherwise. I raised 2 extremely active and unpredictable sons to their teen years without leashing them or even holding their hands much - and they were both toddlers at the same time.  I even went places alone with them and my niece and nephew - all four  spanning only 3 years in age. They all had autonomy and safety but also limitations and boundaries - none of those are mutually exclusive. It can be done. It cannot be done by Nicole however. Nicole can barely figure out the leash.

Evelyn's hair. It's like someone told her that if she layered her uber-curly hair she would look like Parker Posey. But they failed to then tell her that this was not PP's best look, and that some product and a diffuser on her hair dryer would NOT be amiss.

edited because 2 + 2 = 4, not 3

pp.PNG

Yep, both of Molly's girls are biracial. And yep, sounds like she had the first one at 24, which really is not all that young. Then she had a second one...no dad in the picture either. Now likely going for a third w/ no dad in the picture. such a bad example to set for multiple reasons. Pump your breaks.

She's not a bad looking woman! Successful. Seems nice enough. Surely she can find plenty of age appropriate men locally.

Evelyn has pretty hair imo but "layers" for curly hair are not the same as "layers" for straight hair. She needs layers...but the kind for her hair type.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

A must?  Somehow my 3 active kids managed to make it through their toddler years without being leashed like dogs.  The same is true of the vast majority of the billions and billions of toddlers who have walked the earth for generation after generation.    If parents want to use them, fine.  But they are hardly a "must".  

Leashes are not a must. I didn't use them on my two active boys.  I kept a very watchful eye on then in public and trained my them to stay with me in public places.  On those occasions when they wandered, I was is good condition and could out run them. Leashes should not be a substitute for attentive parenting. Also, because I am married to the father of my children, unlike Nicole, I was not distracted trying attract attention from some random guy. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

I had the same response.  And I'm not even convinced he's only 26.  If he had said he was 36, I would've believed him. 

I tend to think the visa applicants ages are going to need to be accurate for them to get approved.  I guess it is possible a US sponsor could find out that the fiancee lied about his age when she sees his paperwork, but be fooled to this point.  I would imagine one of the questions the immigration investigators might ask the two parties separately, to try to verify their relationship, would be one another's birthdays. So lying about your age would probably be a bad idea.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I didn't see any evidence her father was a racist and I don't think the relationship seemed codependent either.  It is pretty normal for a person of any age to seek his/her parent's blessing for a marriage.

I also think that, deep down, Molly senses that she is being a complete fool with Luis and subconsciously wanted her father to talk her out of it.  He gave her good, sound advice and asked some good questions, (especially the one about her legal options if the marriage is not working out)  without being too overbearing about it, IMO.  

That said, I don't judge Molly or anyone else that harshly for not taking good advice.  That is how most of us are.  If our own judgment gets clouded (or was never good in the first place) it is generally hard to accept and implement good advice from those who care about us.  

"Ppl need to stay where they come from?"

"The borders are closing so this is what they're doing now?"

And Molly's mother said he was also...Molly didn't disagree.

Advice? I really didn't see it as asking her father's advice. She has already applied for the K1 and her daughter strongly objects. And already has two daughters by different men, neither of whom stuck around. She KNOWS what her father will say. But that "talk" is required on the show. IMO she beats herself up for her stupid decisions by talking to her backward, racist father about them.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

According to the Bradenton Herald (Nicole's local newspaper), it's spelled "May":

http://www.bradenton.com/entertainment/article99608072.html

As a parent with a disability (I use a manual wheelchair for mobility), it was necessary. As a matter of fact, when my daughter was much younger I was a member of an online group for parents with disabilities, and they were considered "essential equipment" to ensure the safety of our young children. Except we didn't call them "leashes" or "leads" - we coined the term "mommy walker"! 

Bradenton must be overflowing with pride about now.

• Love 5
Just now, balisticnikki said:

"Ppl need to stay where they come from?"

"The borders are closing so this is what they're doing now?"

And Molly's mother said he was also...Molly didn't disagree.

Advice? I really didn't see it as asking her father's advice. She has already applied for the K1 and her daughter strongly objects. And already has two daughters by different men, neither of whom stuck around. She KNOWS what her father will say. But that "talk" is required on the show. IMO she beats herself up for her stupid decisions by talking to her racist father about them.

I don't remember the first quote.  I'd have to hear it in context.  The second one was just reality.  People do try to con their way into green cards through marriage, and it is pretty clear that is what Luis is doing.  If he was 40ish instead of 26, I might give him more of the benefit of the doubt,  but c'mon, what does a 26 year old want with her except a green card and possibly her money?  I think if Molly was Latina, her Latino father would have same suspicions about a 26 old from the DR wanting to marry her.  

• Love 5