Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

And they also got their "Midnight at the Oasis" moment on a trip at night to the desert.  We know it happened at least twice.

Azan is not as clever as Mahammit.  It's Ramadan 24/7/365.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, NinaH said:

And IIRC, Azan couldn't have been more embarrassed if he tried.  Had a look of a lamb being led to slaughter more than being excited to have sex with that thing. 

I can't wait to see his scrunched up Kermity Frog face as he tries to escape the clutches of Miss Piggy. She'll be pawing at him just like Danielle was pawing at Mahammit!

7 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Azan is not as clever as Mahammit.  It's Ramadan 24/7/365.

Except for the one time where Azan will "have to lie back, close your eyes, and think of Morocco " to prevent an annulment due to non-consummation.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

You know, I just realized that he may not be a chump in demanding that Nicole and Azan not live together before they're married. It may be a very clever way of preventing Nicole from importing Azan. It might turn out that her father is secretly a genius.

I would like to be optimistic, but I don't see it.  He came across as a dolt and weak and when (not if) Nicole is living with Azan he'll just shrug his shoulders and say 'what can I do?"

1 hour ago, Kelly said:

From the first season of Nicole/Azan.  She proudly announced it in one of their talking head 'interviews' after she had arrived in Morocco.

Yeah, I remember that.  Classy.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Azan needs to find a rodeo clown to distract Nicole when she gets mad or wants some PDA.

Or a cop when she's bulldozing right over him.  I hope she gets thrown in a morrocan jail with no phone call. I despise her and want her to get what she dishes out. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ivanova said:

I don't remember Kyle paying a dowry to Noon's parents...

I didn't either., but he found a Buddhist temple in or near New Orleans and gave her the Buddhist wedding that meant so much to her.  He may have done the bride price thing in Thailand and it was a formality and money was returned.  No drama over a water buffalo, so too boring for TLC. He would have uncomplainingly done whatever needed to  pay respect to her and her culture.

Noon was lovely and unassuming and kind and gentle. Just a decent, simple girl. Kyle was willing to do whatever it took to make Noon happy.  She didn't care about a green card one jot.  They were clearly smitten with one another.

Annie sees David as a means to an end, but she seems to respect and like him, and they seem to have some chemistry. Jenny is a cold fish and barely tolerates Larry, and there is zero chemistry between them.

• Love 6
On 10/9/2017 at 10:22 AM, Chickabiddy said:

Yeah, let's not always blame the mom when the kids turn out rotten. Some people are born with a personality disorder or with severe character flaws that can be extremely hard to overcome, even with the best parenting. My impression from watching this is that the mother sees through Nicole, who may well take after her dad. He did not seem too sharp and was willing to cave into the blackmail. Mama Nicole has her daughter's number, but her efforts are undercut by a dad who is too stupid to see what is happening, or doesn't care because spoiling his precious baby is a good way to get back at his ex. The brother seems to have it more together and takes after his more sensible mother. 

Her father should have called her on her bluff. She would have been back in less than two weeks. I bet he was the kind of parent who was afraid she would actually hold her breath until she turned blue and died. 

Very well said! You could have two great parents and get a terrible child. Some people to quote Lady Gaga are born that way. In this case though - it looks like her natural "gimme" personality was probably exacerbated by her parents divorce and overcompensation by either one or both of them. 

But the whole premise is stupid. I'm sure TLC is paying for her trip back to Morocco. As my husband says - they put the "L" in exploitation (doesn't stop him from watching!). They know a great reality TV train wreck when they see it. 

There's no way Nicole could go live in Morocco. Azan - as sweet as he seems - is looking for a free ride to the US. He wouldn't have her in that case and IMO she could never get a work permit (see also - no transmittable skills). Not only is she not attractive to somebody like Azan who obviously cares very much about his body, she has a pretty terrible, entitled personality.

I wish I had the skills to screenshot her huffs, puffs and looks from her beady little eyes everytime somebody thwarts or asks her a reasonable question/request. She looks like a combination of a bloated nasty donkey and a beached Beluga whale. 

• Love 3

I get that Mohammed and Azan were/are looking for their tickets to the US, but could either of them found two more unattractive -- inside and out -- people to "fall in love" with? I mean seriously -- surely you can feel the crazy over Skype. You certainly can see that these women aren't tiny. Azan was so surprised seeing Nicole in person, but one look at her face and you know she's a larger woman. I don't get it. They really picked peaches, didn't they? The most selfish, stupid, narcissistic, manipulative, crazy women -- I don't think either of them scream "ideal American green card ticket"

• Love 10

Both Annie and Elizabeth looked very different in their pictures (to me). For Annie for a minute, I thought the pictures were of a different girl and he didn’t care as they were basically interchangeable to him. (So gross, and didn’t it happen on th UK version this show is based on?)

I see that a lot of people say that child protective services should be called on Nicole and maybe Molly but as a former Children and Family services case worker unfortunately  those two would not come close to being considered for a case. Unless they were formerly involved and a judge decreed they can't have someone living with them unless married or something along those lines  child services could not do anything and it is VERY difficult to sever parental rights even when abuse actual abuse is involved. Unfortunately Nicole has the right to take her child out of the country and although she is on the dense side I have seen parents with slightly above Forest Gump level IQs keep their kids. Nicole knows exactly what she is doing she is not dumb. If I were her father I would have called her bluff because Azan's goal is to come to the US. He doesn't want her there and she would have been sent packing if she tried to stay in Morocco. Some very intelligent people do dumb things for a man/woman.

Molly is just pathetic and I really feel for her children. The amount of abuse that happens because mom puts her desire for a boyfriend above her children is all too common but moving him in is not a crime and child services wouldn't be able to help them unless something illegal actually happened. The number of times I have been in court with my recommendations to remove children only to be told by a judge the kids will remain is heartbreaking and one of the reasons I left that profession.

• Love 16

Nikole's stepdad said "Even if he comes here, you don't have to marry him". No, she actually has to, this is what the visa is for. I mean, she won't be prosecuted if she doesn't, but the only intent of the visa is to get married.

I like how Elizabeth pronounces Andrei's name. She actually says it correctly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

I get that Mohammed and Azan were/are looking for their tickets to the US, but could either of them found two more unattractive -- inside and out -- people to "fall in love" with? I mean seriously -- surely you can feel the crazy over Skype. You certainly can see that these women aren't tiny. Azan was so surprised seeing Nicole in person, but one look at her face and you know she's a larger woman. I don't get it. They really picked peaches, didn't they? The most selfish, stupid, narcissistic, manipulative, crazy women -- I don't think either of them scream "ideal American green card ticket"

My random guess is that they went for the most serious prospects and quickest route. Which would be the less bright, manupilative narcissists - validating themselves with an attractive mate they couldn't get in the US. Nicole sure does love Azan's abs! 

I'm not sure all these foreigners from relatively poor countries get that the US ain't all it looks like on the TV shows. I would have loved to seen the look on Mohammed's face when he realized he ended up in Norwalk, OH. Proud ancestral home of my MIL - my husband spent many a younger summer there - on the family chicken egg farm?. 

IMO - Nicole is worse than Danielle. Azan is better than Mohammed. Bets on how long it will take for Azan to flee once he gets to the Section 8 studio in Bradenton? Once he realizes she'll expect him to make-out with her in public to prove her "worth"?  Where would he go?

I really want Azan to be gay and he wants to come here to do him. You go Azan! You be you!?

Edited by Jennifersdc
One very minor grammar. I've secured my HB to Hell again by making fun of Leah from TM2.
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Very well said! You could have two great parents and get a terrible child. Some people to quote Lady Gaga are born that way. In this case though - it looks like her natural "gimme" personality was probably exacerbated by her parents divorce and overcompensation by either one or both of them. 

But the whole premise is stupid. I'm sure TLC is paying for her trip back to Morocco. As my husband says - they put the "L" in exploitation (doesn't stop him from watching!). They know a great reality TV train wreck when they see it. 

There's no way Nicole could go live in Morocco. Azan - as sweet as he seems - is looking for a free ride to the US. He wouldn't have her in that case and IMO she could never get a work permit (see also - no transmittable skills). Not only is she not attractive to somebody like Azan who obviously cares very much about his body, she has a pretty terrible, entitled personality.

I wish I had the skills to screenshot her huffs, puffs and looks from her beady little eyes everytime somebody thwarts or asks her a reasonable question/request. She looks like a combination of a bloated nasty donkey and a beached Beluga whale. 

Edited to add - that sounds a little too mean. I've insulted large people (I'm way past my size 8), donkeys and Beluga whales all in the same sentence. No offense to any. It just seems to be part of the whole package.

• Love 3

I fucking forgot how angry Nicole makes me.  Her stupid face.  Her idiotic voice.  Her limited vocabulary.  Her stupid dad.  Stupid, stupid.  Nicole is nothing by a manipulator using her baby as a bargaining chip.  Good for mom for sticking to her guns- dad and his wife will regret this, I have no doubt.

I think it's official:  I actually dislike her more than Danielle.  Huh.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, liammaam said:

I fucking forgot how angry Nicole makes me.  Her stupid face.  Her idiotic voice.  Her limited vocabulary.  Her stupid dad.  Stupid, stupid.  Nicole is nothing by a manipulator using her baby as a bargaining chip.  Good for mom for sticking to her guns- dad and his wife will regret this, I have no doubt.

I could've written every word you did.  I didn't think there was a sorrier, more pathetic woman/mother than Dinyill, bc I had forgotten about Nicole from last season. Now I see she actually is worse bc her child is still so very young, whereas Dinyill's kids were mostly grown and weren't as vulnerable is sweet little Mae. 

She makes me ragey and sick to my stomach. 

• Love 8
On 10/8/2017 at 8:22 PM, jackjill89 said:

This is just a complete and utter train wreck. Nicole is a younger Danielle. How can Azan even consider wanting to be with her after he was glad she left the last time? He's going to be just like Mo -- very disappointed when he gets to the US and finds out they live in a dumpy one room motel and she's batshit crazy and has the mental capacity of a two year old. He's a fool. If I were Nicole's parents I'd play her bluff. Let her go away. Azan won't go with her anywhere but the US. She'd be back very soon because she wouldn't survive in Morocco or anywhere else.  Her eye rolling and shrugs -- she honestly doesn't care about anybody but herself. She sure doesn't care about her daughter. 

David and Annie...his third girl that he's wanted to marry? Oh man -- just happened to meet her in a bar in Bangkok and it was love at first sight? I love the friend's wife. She needs to reason with all these dopes on the show.

Molly, who has already been on a reality show, um, she really is Darcy 2.0. 

Elizabeth is absolutely the baby of the family. I am too. I get the whole being picked on thing. However, importing a guy and marrying him just to show you're all grown up? Not the best way to prove your maturity. 

There are plenty of people who meet and marry people from other countries. What I don't get about these losers is they all fall madly in love in a week and just HAVE to get married right away. This isn't a Disney movie. It's real life. If it's meant to be, it will be meant to be in a year. 

I just can't with these people. Of course I'll be watching every stinkin' minute. 

ALLLLLLLLL of this!!!  Especially, "I just can't with these people.  Of course I'll be watching every stinkin' minute."  :D

• Love 3
On 10/8/2017 at 10:33 PM, Miss Chevious said:

I think it's Section 8 housing. As a single mother, Nicole is going for all the governmental programs she can get.

How (or who) the hell is paying for her plane trips!?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, AmyBre said:

Nicole is a welfare queen and just as she is probably defrauding the government to pay for many of her expenses, she has found another cash cow with this program.   In her solitude, Nicole probably congratulates herself on finding this setup, not knowing she is the one being exploited.   

It would not be wise for Nicole to be on TLC's payroll, while on welfare. The IRS has been known to aggressively go after reality show participants. Several ladies from the Real Housewives franchise complained about getting huge tax bills.  Richard Hatch (Survivor), Teresa and Joe Guidice (Real Housewives of New Jersey) were actually sent to prison.  They should serve as cautionary tales. 

• Love 4
On 10/9/2017 at 0:50 PM, Gigglepuff said:

In North African countries like Morocco and Egypt, you'll often see shop owners in the streets giving sweets and other treats to kids and people make a huge fuss over them in general. It's cultural, I know saying it's cultural is a cliche but they really are very fond of kids. Some things they do seem strange to us but it's the norm over there. I remember being shocked at how men walked around holding hands and hugging each other. It doesn't mean a thing, it's just cultural. Azan's family will probably treat Mae like gold. 

Nicole is an idiot and that's the problem, not Morocco itself. Children live there and holiday there all the time, it's a popular destination for Europeans especially. 

This. My husband is from algeria, and I remember the first time I went to visit his family, I remarked on how all of the family members, men and women, young and old, all doted on the children. They were constantly picking them up and kissing their cheeks, bringing them presents, etc. Even the 13 year old little boys would help take care of their cousins, and hold them and hug them. Mae will not have a lack of attention in Morocco.  

That doesn't mean that Nicle isn't ridiculous!  She has barely spent any time with Azan, and when she left last time, he actually said on national television that he was glad she was leaving. 

Edited by Mar78
  • Love 6

Pages back, someone said that Mae's biological father was a Mexican national here illegally, and that's what I remember, too. I can't remember where that info came from, though. IIRC, she told him she was pregnant and he went to work, never to return. Her parents had to send her a ticket back home.

If her Dad and Stepmom watched the show last season, it would have been obvious that Azan (not his real name) had no interest in Nicole, only wanted to be in the US. There was no reason to cave to her demands. She was not going to move there and marry him because he doesn't want her. She came across as a horrible human being last season, and I can't see any reason they would support her in this endeavor this year. I absolutely despised her last year, and already plan on muting her this year. 

5 minutes ago, Mar78 said:

Mae will not have a lack of attention in Morocco.  

Sure she will. Her mom will leave her locked in the front room entertaining herself while she molests Azan in the bedroom after his family gives them some space.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

It would not be wise for Nicole to be on TLC's payroll, while on welfare. The IRS has been known to aggressively go after reality show participants. Several ladies from the Real Housewives franchise complained about getting huge tax bills.  Richard Hatch (Survivor), Teresa and Joe Guidice (Real Housewives of New Jersey) were actually sent to prison.  They should serve as cautionary tales. 

Three hots and a cot. No work. Nicole will thrive in prison.

• Love 7

I may not be able to watch this season for a very petty reason, the women's voices. I tried to watch this episode on my television through the TLC app. Molly's voice was nails on the chalkboard annoying then Evelyn started singing. I immediately switched back to my computer because I think my television amplifies  women's voices oddly sometimes, but they were just as bad on my computer. Their voices and Nicole's everything are going to make this a tough watch this season. I'll start drinking about thirty minutes before showtime and see if that helps.

I've already decided that anyone who signs on to be on a show produced by Sharp Entertainment is not worthy of more than a minimum of my respect, and they get that just for being human, then their actions and behaviors either increase or decrease my respect. In two episodes, my respect for these people are almost zero. This entire group of people are coming across as dense and unlikable. Evelyn and her family are clearly looking to market her music and it's so obvious that everyone has picked up on it. She has also already spoken about being a Christian family too many times for one episode, so I'm expecting to be preached to while they tell me how they are doing it the right way, the Godly way and that has always been annoying on this show, because they are rarely able to make it seem that they are just living their lives in the way they believe God intends, but instead it comes across preachy because they feel to need to narrate the reasons they are doing what they are doing. 

My 600-lb Life successfully alienated me as a viewer last season, with the participants not being someone I could root for, with the exception of a few. Certainly less than half. Then to have four hours of Steven the psychopath who would be a serial rapist and murderer if he weighed 200 because they thought the viewers would enjoy watching a man torment his nurses and not obey Dr. Now's instructions just showed me that I'm not the viewer they want. Teen Mom 2 has successfully broken the spell it had on me by bringing in the coven and spending any time at all on Jenelle and UBT, and my trash television is getting thin. 

• Love 12
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, CofCinci said:

Was I the only one who couldn’t wait for the wife to speak to see if she was a foreign bride too?

I thought I heard her say something about Nigeria?

• Love 3
On 10/9/2017 at 10:00 AM, Sprockets said:

I didn't know that.  But it doesn't give her the license to bash the Frankenstein monster she created.  

It will be like punching a giant marshmallow.  As for not consuming vegetables, you really can't expect her to eat her own kind.  

Nicole makes bad choices on all levels, and she has zero self-awareness.  I've met trees who were more conscious.  Her size is the literal and figurative elephant in the room, and I see it as the outward manifestation of her inner misery.  

That seems terrifyingly likely!  Eeeeeek!  

At the very least, she's dumber than a giant marshmallow, or a tree.  The world can count on her to make nothing but disastrous decisions for the rest of her life, driven by her need to fill the echoing Grand Canyon of need inside of her.  Poor little Mae.  

I like the way you express your insights, Sprockets!

13 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Mohammed and Azan strategically picked these women because they are easy to hook.  They are simpletons with very low self esteem.   There is nothing about their personalities that one may find appealing.   I just don't see myself having a drink with any of these halfwits.   People like that (men and women) when they find themselves being pursued by someone slightly better looking and slightly more interesting than them (basically someone with a pulse), they just jump on them on hold on tight.   The problem with Nicole and Danielle is that they have very little self esteem and they have not invested in themselves in terms of education, appearance, morals, spirituality or general common sense.  They are plain and empty and they have been ignored for ages at family get-together, at parties and even at the supermarket.

If you want to find someone interesting, become an interesting person FIRST.   Do you think that Nicole and Danielle read books?  Not once have I heard them talk about anything spiritual.

Men who marry these women for a green card have had discussions with their buddies about this subject.   They know of other men who have married and left.   There's a whole subculture of finding shortcuts to escape  poverty and marrying an American is very high on that list.

Edited by AmyBre
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, NinaH said:
12 hours ago, liammaam said:

I could've written every word you did.  I didn't think there was a sorrier, more pathetic woman/mother than Dinyill, bc I had forgotten about Nicole from last season. Now I see she actually is worse bc her child is still so very young, whereas Dinyill's kids were mostly grown and weren't as vulnerable is sweet little Mae. 

She makes me ragey and sick to my stomach. 

I really hate her as well. Dumb lump who always gets her way - why?

Where is she getting the money to go and to pay for his coming over? She lives in one room and when she calls Azan "Daddy" I want to wack her. 

This will not end well!

• Love 8
On 10/9/2017 at 0:45 PM, jumper sage said:
On 10/9/2017 at 11:50 AM, Gigglepuff said:

In North African countries like Morocco and Egypt, you'll often see shop owners in the streets giving sweets and other treats to kids and people make a huge fuss over them in general. It's cultural, I know saying it's cultural is a cliche but they really are very fond of kids. Some things they do seem strange to us but it's the norm over there. I remember being shocked at how men walked around holding hands and hugging each other. It doesn't mean a thing, it's just cultural. Azan's family will probably treat Mae like gold. 

Yes but they are also the leading countries to take advantage of young girls either with child marriage or abuse.

The abuse is terrible but I don't know if I'd say they're leading. Parts of Sub-Saharan Africa, India, and Bangladesh are far worse., Child Marriage Worldwide   The legal age of marriage in Morocco is actually 18, but in some of the more remote and mountainous areas, child marriage is more common. The article you linked is about the Midelt area. It's remote, in the Atlas mountain range, and most of its inhabitants are Berbers, (the indigenous people of Morocco). They were nomads and had a tribal social structure, though most now live in small, scattered villages throughout North Africa. As far as the second article you linked, sadly, Morocco has become known in Europe as a haven for pedophiles, (like Thailand). They travel there because of its proximity to Europe and it is one of the hotspots for European pedophiles, it's especially with those who seek out boys.  

I think Mae will be fine, but not because of Nicole. That woman is an idiot. I'm thankful that the TLC crew will be tagging along, and I'm sure Azan's family will look out for her too. I think everyone pretty much agrees that travel is a great thing for a child, even travel to a country like Morocco. The problem here comes down to Nicole. Any normal parent would have a wonderful experience with their child abroad, but we all know that Nicole is a selfish immature brat and that's where any concern for Mae lies. I agree with everyone that says that Nicole holds power over her family and she uses Mae as her pawn. It's so obvious. 

• Love 7
On 10/9/2017 at 10:22 AM, Chickabiddy said:

Yeah, let's not always blame the mom when the kids turn out rotten. Some people are born with a personality disorder or with severe character flaws that can be extremely hard to overcome, even with the best parenting. My impression from watching this is that the mother sees through Nicole, who may well take after her dad. He did not seem too sharp and was willing to cave into the blackmail. Mama Nicole has her daughter's number, but her efforts are undercut by a dad who is too stupid to see what is happening, or doesn't care because spoiling his precious baby is a good way to get back at his ex. The brother seems to have it more together and takes after his more sensible mother. 

Her father should have called her on her bluff. She would have been back in less than two weeks. I bet he was the kind of parent who was afraid she would actually hold her breath until she turned blue and died. 

I completely agree. Perfectly nice people have jerk kids everyday. Nicole is rotten, and I feel for her mother. Children need boundaries and Nicole is a free-range asshole. She should go and live with her enablers, let them deal with her. Oh, and she can get off of my tv anytime.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Mimiray802 said:

I see that a lot of people say that child protective services should be called on Nicole and maybe Molly but as a former Children and Family services case worker unfortunately  those two would not come close to being considered for a case. Unless they were formerly involved and a judge decreed they can't have someone living with them unless married or something along those lines  child services could not do anything and it is VERY difficult to sever parental rights even when abuse actual abuse is involved. Unfortunately Nicole has the right to take her child out of the country and although she is on the dense side I have seen parents with slightly above Forest Gump level IQs keep their kids. Nicole knows exactly what she is doing she is not dumb. If I were her father I would have called her bluff because Azan's goal is to come to the US. He doesn't want her there and she would have been sent packing if she tried to stay in Morocco. Some very intelligent people do dumb things for a man/woman.

Molly is just pathetic and I really feel for her children. The amount of abuse that happens because mom puts her desire for a boyfriend above her children is all too common but moving him in is not a crime and child services wouldn't be able to help them unless something illegal actually happened. The number of times I have been in court with my recommendations to remove children only to be told by a judge the kids will remain is heartbreaking and one of the reasons I left that profession.

Thank you for setting people straight on this.  I also worked in Dependency Court and what you are saying is spot on.  People wouldn't be so quick to want to police someone like Nicole if they knew the truly heinous crimes and abuse that must be taken care of.  Nicole is vile and selfish and I believe harm coming to little Mae is likely, but the courts and Children and Family services do not have the power or time to even give her a thought at this point.  I feel your pain, too.  I left and I only had to deal with documents and saw children victims on rare occasions.  It was too much for me and I only had to read the reports for the most part.  Some things will never leave you.  I sincerely hope Mae is lucky and no harm comes to her, but I do worry.

• Love 4
Just now, Normades said:

I sincerely hope Mae is lucky and no harm comes to her, but I do worry.

Same. At the very least I worry for her long term health. Not really an abuse issue per say, but I have a feeling that poor kid is going to grow up on a diet of fast and junk foods. Nicole doesn't model healthy eating habits. Poor Mae will be a diabetic by the time she's 20 if Nicole is in charge of feeding her. 

• Love 3

Mae is so cute.  I feel so bad for this sweet little cherub. Azan's family will indeed dote on her.  I recall how Nicole the Walking Id (God bless the person who described her as such) was posting on her Twitter feed plates of healthy food and veg after her return from Morocco. I was really hoping for the sake of her own health that she would have stayed on the wagon.  Obesity is for nobody's good, and I'll bet any money, Nicole was bullied as a child for her size.  

I can see a pretty face and decent skin despite her deep fried diet, but she's rotten to the core on the inside.  No amount of weight loss or makeover can make up for a vile personality, lack of intellectual curiosity, or the ways of a willful, spoiled woman-child.

• Love 7
On 10/8/2017 at 11:39 PM, sleekandchic said:

Nicole.  If I were advising her parents and their spouses, I would have found a lawyer and started proceedings to declare Nicole legally incompetent and indigent (she's unemployed, right?).   ANYTHING to prevent her from taking Mae on this potentially life-threatening trip.  The parents would not have won in court, but the time, effort and delays would have, AT LEAST,  forced Nicole to leave Mae at home.  She is INSANE bringing that little girl to Morocco.

This times infinity!!! This woman child is so selfish! I totally think the father is the main enabler in this family and it's not a good look. When the stepmom was trying to explain to her how much they were putting themselves out on a limb for her she couldn't care less. I really wanted to reach through the TV and slap some sense into all of them!!

Edited by IgnoranceisBLISS
  • Love 6

Stepmother Nicole is a better woman than I am. It's one thing for her own parents to cave into their infantile daughters demands, it's another for a step parent to go along with such foolishness. 

I have a stepson whom I love dearly and have as high hopes and expectations for him as much as I do my own child. But I'm not going to work everyday and struggle and sacrifice to hand it over for some bullshit and a loser who only works part time while not attending some sort of schooling to better herself.  Get her a nice vibrator and tell her to get lost.  

?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Mimiray802 said:

Some members of this group are rather naïve and sheltered. I'm a section 8 landlord and the situations I see kids living in would leave you speechless and in tears. A trip overseas is one of the best things that could happen to a little kid. The issue that concerns me is the potential violence that could erupt once they get back and get married. They've already started pushing and shoving and screaming at each other. A little kid doesn't need to witness ongoing domestic violence.

I am so confused my Molly. I'm just going to call Molly and Darcey  "Mossy" bc they are basically the same person: an accomplished middle aged caricature w/ two daughters who chases after a much younger man at any cost. Why are they doing this???? Then if things go left, they are on the hook for alimony and half of everything earned/appreciated. Can someone explain this mindset?

• Love 8

Nicole makes me heartsick, involving her child in her mess.  She should go live with Dinyell and the two of them can live out their lives making bad life choices and leave Mae with grandma, it's the only way she will have a shot at a normal life.  

All of this talk about love makes me wonder what qualifies as love to Nicole and the others on this show?  It makes me think of the men at a strip club giving money to the strippers and they think the stripper really likes them...er, no they like the money they are giving them.  These men and women want to come to the US so badly they say love but maybe they mean, "I don't find you so objectionable so I will marry you as a means to an end."  That is a sad state of affairs.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

Maybe I missed this.  Nicole's stepdad said Azan and Nicole could not live together.  Where is Azan supposed to live til he marries Nicole.

Good question.  Since Azan won't be able to work when he comes her and Fiancée Nicole is indigent, what will Father Nicole do?  He wants to impose morality on the couple for what I suspect are driven by his own religious reasons, so I'm wondering how he thinks young Azan can pay rent in a country with a much higher standard of living.  Azan may earn enough to live alone in Morocco, but whatever savings he has won't go as far here. He will still be expected to help his family back home, since they depended on his earnings while he was there. Azan seems willing to work.  He calls Miss Piggy lazy, so Azan doesn't seem employment averse like Mahammit.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

Maybe I missed this.  Nicole's stepdad said Azan and Nicole could not live together.  Where is Azan supposed to live til he marries Nicole.

Father Nicole is going to have to pony up for an apartment for Azan if he expects them to live apart. He said he would pay the expenses associated with the K1 visa process and this is one of them. This whole shebang is probably going to wind up costing him way more than he figured when you factor in cost of rent, utilities & food for Azan, plus the airfare and filing fees for all the paperwork. 

He should've listened to his ex-wife.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Good question.  Since Azan won't be able to work when he comes her and Fiancée Nicole is indigent, what will Father Nicole do?  He wants to impose morality on the couple for what I suspect are driven by his own religious reasons, so I'm wondering how he thinks young Azan can pay rent in a country with a much higher standard of living.  Azan may earn enough to live alone in Morocco, but whatever savings he has won't go as far here. He will still be expected to help his family back home, since they depended on his earnings while he was there. Azan seems willing to work.  He calls Miss Piggy lazy, so Azan doesn't seem employment averse like Mahammit.

I think the separate apartment requirement is a misguided attempt to prevent another out-of wedlock pregnancy like happened in Texas. Problem is, Nicole is one immature gal who has no foresight and doesn't give a damn about anyone but herself. We can only hope, for the sake of Mae and any unborn child, that Azan will invoke the perpetual Ramadan rule.  

• Love 6

It isn't seemly for Azan and Nicole to be having the sexy times in a one room where they can't have any privacy from the child.  She's not an infant, but a toddler and she shouldn't be subjected to that spectacle.  She's got nowhere to go, unless Nicole shoves her off on another family member.  It may be why Father Nicole stipulated they needed to live apart, as he knows Nicole is All Id and lacks discretion on any level.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Father Nicole is going to have to pony up for an apartment for Azan if he expects them to live apart. He said he would pay the expenses associated with the K1 visa process and this is one of them. This whole shebang is probably going to wind up costing him way more than he figured when you factor in cost of rent, utilities & food for Azan, plus the airfare and filing fees for all the paperwork. 

He should've listened to his ex-wife.

I hope the dumbass does incur all of those expenses.

• Love 5

Who else thinks that Azan will not object to Nicole's father's separate residence request? He'll have to do some mighty fine acting to pretend to be disappointed. He'll put on a sad face, and explain to Nicole that her father's request is for the best.  Nicole will pout. 

• Love 12