Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 10/8/2017 at 11:31 PM, Awfarmington said:

I think Molly's daughter is the voice of reason, but needs to know a child's place. Mom doesn't have to ask your permission to make a bad decision. Also, what make a house 'yours' is paying for it and having your name on the deed. 

I think Molly's daughter has every right to question her parent bringing a stranger into the household, especially one with such suspicious motivations.   She is also right to question the wisdom of bringing in someone who is only several years older than her and who will, to quote Devar, "most definitely" be ogling her (at the very least) while fat old mom is off selling her sleazy underwear. 

Just because one's name is on the deed doesn't mean you have a right to inflict whatever type of hardship or indignity you see fit upon your family.   A parent has a moral responsibility to do what's best for the family first.   Self-gratification is fine if it can be worked in without causing emotional or physical discomfort for the family.   You can't just look at your kids and say "Fuck you, this is what I'm doing whether you like it or not."  I mean, obviously you can, but it doesn't mean you're justified or in any sense a good person.  It just means you're selfish.

I'm an adult and I would be freaked if I were told I had to share my living space with that grinning idiot Luis.  I can't imagine how it feels for a child who is utterly powerless to beg your mother not to do something that you truly believe will put your family life in jeopardy and have your pleas fall on deaf ears.   At least an adult can leave; a child can't.  And we all know it's not going to work out.  We see time and time again on this series that the childrens' instincts about these K-1 fiances are ALWAYS correct.   In the end, they invariably prove smarter than the parents.   

• Love 12
On 10/16/2017 at 11:34 AM, pollywood said:

Are there 2 Davids? I am getting so confused (I thank my DVR). Is that the name of BOTH the Spaniard Virgin engaged to Evelyn the Look-But-Don't-Touch Scantily Clad Caterwauler? As well as the old man who went to Bangkok and found himself this year's Anfisa? Cripes.

Yes there are 2 Davids. Annie and David (Thailand) and Evelyn and David (smug,thinks she can sing girl).

• Love 1
On 10/16/2017 at 10:33 AM, Pondlass1 said:

I don't get this either?  She is nothing to him. His body language says it all.  It must be cash and the prospect of a Green Card.  And if she gets him to America she'll be all over him - she'll smother him.  And he won't be able to use his 'culture' excuses. 

He is scum for choosing a woman with a very small child as his mark.

• Love 10

Parents choose partners over children all the time. I'm not saying it's right, just that Molly isn't the first and only person to do this. I'm sure this isn't the first time she's chosen a man over her kids, either. At least her elder daughter will be an adult and able to move out of the house soon enough.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Yes there are 2 Davids. Annie and David (Thailand) and Evelyn and David (smug,thinks she can sing girl).

Thank you! I eventually figured it out. I am going to call Thailand David Tobo for his Fantasy Thailand video and Spanish David...I was thinking VD for Virgin David (and for what he'll be giving Evelyn as a special wedding night gift).

• Love 6
On 10/16/2017 at 11:04 AM, Desert Rat said:

Azan is not interested is raising another man's child. He's just going along to get the green card. Like Mahammit, he will leave the scene as as soon as he can without jeopardizing his green card. 

There is something fundamentally wrong with our green card system.

• Love 8
On 10/16/2017 at 3:53 PM, balisticnikki said:

"Ppl need to stay where they come from?"

"The borders are closing so this is what they're doing now?"

And Molly's mother said he was also...Molly didn't disagree.

Advice? I really didn't see it as asking her father's advice. She has already applied for the K1 and her daughter strongly objects. And already has two daughters by different men, neither of whom stuck around. She KNOWS what her father will say. But that "talk" is required on the show. IMO she beats herself up for her stupid decisions by talking to her backward, racist father about them.

I have a feeling her dad watches a lot of Lou Dobbs. . .

• Love 5

I live in Atlanta and have quite a bit of experience with the area Molly comes from (northwest of Atlanta), and people like her dad. The rural parts usually don't get much exposure to people who are "different" than them, or education about what is called "liberal ideas" and so there's rampant prejudices. It's sad but it's the way it is. Molly's dad is a product of his environment. Here in the city it's different thanks to diversity and access to better education. At the same time, where they live has a growing Hispanic and Mexican immigrant population. Molly's dad will have to deal with his views one way or another.

• Love 5
On 10/9/2017 at 1:17 PM, AmyBre said:

I said I wouldn't comment on Nicole because I find her repulsive as a person and as a mother, if she can be called that.  But I'll say this.

Nicole is so "gold" for the Sharp/TLC that she is the only participant to be featured on two separate seasons, of the same series.   I could see the producers milking her for all the drama she has.   The producers know about the polarity of her parents and will suck that dry as well. 

What does that say about us as a society?   and what does it say about the sad state of creativity on television and in the entertainment in general.

I second someone's observation that Nicole's issues may be clinical and might have been diagnosed.   This doesn't excuse her behaviour, but her father's enabling screams of feeling sorry for her and perhaps he knows that she is a sick person who will eventually destroy herself and her poor daughter.    If Sharp/TLC are knowingly exploiting a sick person (schizoprenia, bipolar, etc), Matt Sharp and his crew will burn in hell.  

I like your posts on this subject and I agree with all of it.

re: the father's enabling.   He agreed to the sponsorship from at least a semblance of practicality and genuine concern for Mae.   He said something like "we know from experience that once Nicole sets her mind on something she's going to keep at it no matter what" -- (pity that doesn't apply to losing weight or getting a job) -- "so we decided that if all this falls apart, it's better that it happens here than in Morocco."   He seemed to implying that his primary concern is protectingMae, not Nicole.  

• Love 4

The first morning in America is off to a rough start for Evelyn and David, and Molly and Luis; Elizabeth's lawyer delivers distressing news about Andrei's visa; David meets Annie's parents. In Morocco, Nicole and Azan disagree on how to raise May.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

There is something fundamentally wrong with our green card system.

I don't live in the US, but I have to agree with this statement.  This show might be for entertainment purposes, but it's certainly highlighted the issues in terms of 90 days to marry and obtaining the 'magic' green card.  It may be about love in a few instances, but I think it's mostly a way out of poverty and a ticket into the US (a great country, but the roads are not exactly paved with gold). 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't live in the US, but I have to agree with this statement.  This show might be for entertainment purposes, but it's certainly highlighted the issues in terms of 90 days to marry and obtaining the 'magic' green card.  It may be about love in a few instances, but I think it's mostly a way out of poverty and a ticket into the US (a great country, but the roads are not exactly paved with gold). 

There are certainly abuses, but I am not sure how to fix it. There should be someway for an American to bring a fiance to the US.  While, I am sure a good percentage are like those on the show (desperate losers bring over green card seekers and gold diggers), I am sure many people do fall in love with people from other countries.  I would also imagine a decent percentage of sponsors are immigrants who became naturalized and then either wanted to bring their longtime bf/gf here to marry or who met someone while visiting their families in their native countries.  

It has to be a difficult thing for USCIS to deal with.  It is asking a lot of government bureaucrats to determine if a couple is really "in love".  The people's families and even the sponsors/applicants have a hard enough figuring this out.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, pollywood said:

At least her elder daughter will be an adult and able to move out of the house soon enough.

Which concerns me for the younger one who is even more defenseless. At least maybe she'll have her older sister watching out for her for a while.

• Love 2

After rewatching this episode, I think Evil Annie may be one of the worst of the worst yet ... not like we haven't seen some awful ones but she doesn't even try to hide her revulsion about David either in her THs or right to his face, plus she's 20 maybe in dog years at best ... I realize that David set himself up for this, but I hope that he gets out of her clutches ASAP ... I mean, there is no way they'll end up married because she's never gonna do it without the baht on, and he's not going to be able to fork that over to her satisfaction. Plus, she is really rode hard and put away wet. Maybe David IS the best she can do ...

Listening to Evelyn again just made me laugh.. I'm torn between which is worse ... her voice or, more notably, her song(s). Auto-tune can fix intonation (though if you know what to listen for you can hear the fixes), but there's only so much it can do ... it can't fix her awful sound and more significantly it can't turn a piece of crap snippet of a song into something anyone will want to listen to, no matter how good the singer's voice is. Sadly (for her, happily for the snarkers of the world), her family is equally untalented AND equally delusional. That whole dinner table convo about the bridge and the transition was so scripted I actually physically cringed. Sorry, brother with the Bruce Bochy eyebrow thing (any baseball fans here?), you're going to have to find other "musicians" to play with ... just grab the next three people you see on the street or in the halls of your school (oh wait, that would be mom and dad and Evelyn I guess) and odds are they'll be just as talented as the ones you're "gigging" with (in your basement) right now.

PS ... Mikayla is really cute. Maybe Evelyn took her on as homely wing-friend a few years ago, but right now looking at the two of them (especially with Evelyn's hair), Mikayla is the catch. 

I'll say this, though ... Mr. Snappy would probably put on a wig and makeup and raise his voice an octave on Skype if it meant getting a Sharp-paid trip to Granada to meet a suitor.. I think it's his favorite city in the world. 

Nicole just keeps getting worse and worse. And I will express what is probably an unpopular opinion but I kind of like Azan. At least I don't put him in a class of scum like Muhammit-dammit or Loser Larry or Freakazoid Paul (though the latter two are not comparable since he's "the catch" not "the catcher") ... My opinion may change as the season progresses but for now, I find him the least offensive of most of the characters (I also think Luis is really cute and am withholding judgment on him completely since pretty much all we've seen is him being pretty sweet during phone calls ... they could end up being the Melanie and Devar of the season, who knows? I <3 Devar indeed.)

• Love 5
On 10/15/2017 at 8:53 PM, Standard Staples said:

When I turned 18, my parents were excited for me to go to college and seek out a decent career. They would have lost their collective minds if I'd said "now is the time for me to marry a 26 year old girl in another country that thought I was attractive online. We're in love. That's all that matters."

When I was 18/19 I told my parents my 27ish year old friend (a guy) was going to be my roommate and they were all like uhhh WHAT?!!? Why does someone that age want to be friends with a 18/19 year old??

On 10/15/2017 at 9:06 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

I’m not trying to be Judgy McJudgerson, but:  Evelyn seems like a sweet girl (by the standards set on this show), but her family creeps me out a little.  Her parents are a little too cool with her marrying a stranger at 18, and her bro is odd with his intensity about breaking up the band.  Also….does her family all look approximately the same age?!   Her parents look very young. 

When she said she lived with her brother, while showing her dad, i totally thought dad was her brother. 

On 10/15/2017 at 9:16 PM, jacksgirl said:

I really like Azan. Seriously, what he is getting from Nicole? He doesn't seem needy or a huge scammer, somebody explain his motivation to me. The Von Trapp family singers make me puke. Your daughter is too young to get married. Yes,  he seems like a decent guy, but just cause your teen marriage made it, doesn't mean hers will.

Guys like him and Mo are perplexing to me.  They are not bad looking guys and they could probably get a pretty nice looking girlfriend (scam or no scam) if they tried a little harder.  They just aren't living up to their full potential. Like wouldn't you want at last TRY to be in a relationship with someone you actually liked???

On 10/15/2017 at 10:26 PM, Awfarmington said:

I've never understood the opposition to tethering a toddler. They feel a little more freedom but are still safe. There is no outrage over playpens, calling them mini jails lol. Toddlers have so many safety aids, and a tether is no different than a child gate or outlet covers. Years ago (20+) I was in JCPenny with my 2 year old daughter. I was heading out and stopped to look at something on a rack. Just that quick, she was gone. Scariest parenting moment ever! I freaked out and started yelling for her. The little stinker was hiding in the very rack I had just been looking at. She wouldn't answer or come out, all the while I'm in panic mode. Suddenly she popped out and thought she was just so clever. So now when I see parents 'leashing' their kids, there's no judgement from this mom! 

As a person with no kids, I LOVE kids on leashes.  So many parents think they're keeping a good eye on their kids.  Thinking it's ok to let the kids wander... but omg. NO. just no. I don't like most adults in my bubble, let alone kids.  And I have two nephews who were wild childs when they were younger so Im not completely out of touch with the way kids act.  Leashes for kids for the win!

On 10/16/2017 at 8:07 AM, Kangatush said:

Has David even begun looking into the actual K1 process?  He's a guy living (working?) in Thailand because he lost basically everything stateside.  There's no way in hell that he meets the income requirements for the visa and there's zero chance Nikki will sign off on being a cosponsor.  Annie is an idiot.  If your goal is to get to the US, don't pick the guy living in Thailand.

And this has been bugging me, a dowry is something paid TO the groom/groom's family.  A bride price is something paid FROM the groom.

Well it sounds like Nikki doesnt' have a say in how much money is given to David from her husband so I highly doubt she'd need to give her approval for her husband to be a sponsor.  (or do both parties have to give approval??)

On 10/16/2017 at 10:34 AM, pollywood said:

Does Evelyn and her bandily have their stuff on itunes or Spotify or anywhere? You can't call yourself a real musician if you don't.

She did say she now has an album so I'm sure her stuff is out there.  But ughhhh that voice.  yuck.

On 10/16/2017 at 0:11 PM, pollywood said:

It's entirely possible I was hallucinating but I thought Azan was very loving to May. I thought Nicole even got jealous at one point. Moroccan culture of PDA for children vs adults aside, I think Azan could very well care about May. I find it interesting in my possible hallucination that Nicole is supposedly mad at Azan for not taking care of May in an upcoming episode. That's the tagine calling the kettle black isn't it?

I think Azan knows he needs to play the good daddy role to continue whatever sham he's trying to play.  Looked to me like he wasn't that comfortable carrying May while they were walking to the vehicle. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

He is using Nicole, though.  

There is no question he's using Nicole to get his green card and get to America. And if that was even remotely disguised or hidden or not obvious to everyone in the world other than Nicole, despite her being told this by everyone, then I might hedge. But she seems perfectly happy in her role of being the sugar mommy. He's not cruel, he's not evil, he's not abusive (as far as we've seen) and he seems to genuinely like May. She could do a lot worse and I'm not sure she could do any better. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

There is no question he's using Nicole to get his green card and get to America. And if that was even remotely disguised or hidden or not obvious to everyone in the world other than Nicole, despite her being told this by everyone, then I might hedge. But she seems perfectly happy in her role of being the sugar mommy. He's not cruel, he's not evil, he's not abusive (as far as we've seen) and he seems to genuinely like May. She could do a lot worse and I'm not sure she could do any better. 

From what we've seen she's the one who has a penchant for shoving him around and body-slamming him against vans. 

• Love 12
On 10/16/2017 at 5:00 PM, merylinkid said:

That's what the least is for -- so May can keep track of her mother.

Even if Nicole and Assan marry, he will not have any parental rights to May.   He would have to go through the court process to adopt her.    While the K1 visa might be a snap, a family court judge eying a step parent adoption is NOT.   That court looks out for the best interest of the child.   If he does not adopt her when he and Nicole divorce he will have no rights.   He won't get even weekend visitation.   On the other hand, no child support either.

The adoption process is not easy, but I could see Nicole bulldozing her way through it. There may not even be a biological dad's name on her daughter's birth certificate.

As a stepfather he won't have rights, but Nicole would certainly want him to adopt her.

If he succeeds in adopting her, and I know that's a big if, getting custody of May could be quite easy. He would be her legal father. Before all of this is said and done, I expect to see even more volatile behavior from Nicole, restraining orders put in place, etc. Azan is clearly a scammer, and if he takes a page out of Mo's book, he will go that route. Also, I expect Nicole will make him very angry before all of this is over. She's a walking nightmare!

It all depends upon what kind of game plan he has? He probably has someone advising him in which case, again, being a single father could help him get his parents over here sooner. Then it's about finding a nice girl over here for his brothers (assuming he has them). 

I get that there are a lot of if's here, but it's not very far outside the realm of possibility either.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, SoshulMeedya said:

Nicole is an indulged, entitled 5 year old in a ginormous adult body.  She doesn't give two craps if her dad gets stuck paying for Azan. I don't think she's someone who loves and accepts herself size. I think she's someone who is apathetic and lazy. At least Danielle was good for laughs,  Nicole is straight up annoying.

There. That's better. :D

She is definitely someone who does not love and accept herself. I think she is only apathetic and lazy because she does not perceive herself as having any power, influence, or control over what happens to her. She is a bystander and a spectator in her own life. Everything happens to her, rather than things happening because of her. The sad thing is that if she took the time to listen to advice, actually understand it (asking questions whenever necessary, which would be most of the time [at least at the outset]), and then implement it as best she can, then I think she would come to realize very quickly that she can make things happen and steer her own ship. I'm not sure what her parents did that caused her to view herself as being buffeted and steered by the whims of the winds and the tides, but a good guess would be that they didn't ever really let her do things for herself. I suspect they were so afraid she would fail at whatever it is that she tried that they helicopter'd around her and made sure to always rescue victory from the jaws of defeat for her.  This kind of parenting quickly creates a child who does the absolute minimum, often tries to redefine what the "absolute minimum" really is, relies on other people for their success, and has no self-confidence and very low self-esteem because they were never allowed to suffer the ignominy of their defeats or to savor the taste of their hard-won victories. By preventing the child from having those experiences, they don't learn what they are personally capable of or that they'll survive their defeats and they don't understand the depth and breadth of the cost of the blood, sweat, and tears required to turn defeat into victory and dreams into reality.

17 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

There are no more words for Nicole and Azan.  You've said it all much better than me.  But...why did Mother Nicole have to bring diapers?  Nicole can't figure out that she needs to remember to bring diapers for her own toddler???

Nicole is just not used to having to do things for herself. This is why it was mom's fault that the diapers almost got left behind. Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't berate her mother for "letting" her almost forget the visas (or whatever it was that she almost forgot).

15 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So Thai David.  He looks so yellow and tired and unwell in his THs.  What is wrong with him other than the obvious?

Jaundice?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Well, the real problem in terms of the 90 days and etc is that these people are supposed to already have been in a long-term relationship and know each other well. So, the 90 days is supposed to be time for the two of you to plan the wedding and execute it. It's not intended for letting people like Nicole, Evelyn, and most of the other morons on this show to bring their fiancees to the US in order for them to get to know their fiancees and find out whether they actually want to marry them. All of that is supposed to already be done and settled before the 90 days even starts.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

She is definitely someone who does not love and accept herself. I think she is only apathetic and lazy because she does not perceive herself as having any power, influence, or control over what happens to her. She is a bystander and a spectator in her own life. Everything happens to her, rather than things happening because of her. The sad thing is that if she took the time to listen to advice, actually understand it (asking questions whenever necessary, which would be most of the time [at least at the outset]), and then implement it as best she can, then I think she would come to realize very quickly that she can make things happen and steer her own ship.

mongo-only-pawn-in-game-of-life.jpg

I'm not sure what her parents did that caused her to view herself as being buffeted and steered by the whims of the winds and the tides, but a good guess would be that they didn't ever really let her do things for herself. I suspect they were so afraid she would fail at whatever it is that she tried that they helicopter'd around her and made sure to always rescue victory from the jaws of defeat for her.  This kind of parenting quickly creates a child who does the absolute minimum, often tries to redefine what the "absolute minimum" really is, relies on other people for their success, and has no self-confidence and very low self-esteem because they were never allowed to suffer the ignominy of their defeats or to savor the taste of their hard-won victories. By preventing the child from having those experiences, they don't learn what they are personally capable of or that they'll survive their defeats and they don't understand the depth and breadth of the cost of the blood, sweat, and tears required to turn defeat into victory and dreams into reality.

Nicole is just not used to having to do things for herself. This is why it was mom's fault that the diapers almost got left behind. Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't berate her mother for "letting" her almost forget the visas (or whatever it was that she almost forgot).

Jaundice?

Nice!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

There are certainly abuses, but I am not sure how to fix it. There should be someway for an American to bring a fiance to the US.  While, I am sure a good percentage are like those on the show (desperate losers bring over green card seekers and gold diggers), I am sure many people do fall in love with people from other countries.  I would also imagine a decent percentage of sponsors are immigrants who became naturalized and then either wanted to bring their longtime bf/gf here to marry or who met someone while visiting their families in their native countries.  

It has to be a difficult thing for USCIS to deal with.  It is asking a lot of government bureaucrats to determine if a couple is really "in love".  The people's families and even the sponsors/applicants have a hard enough figuring this out.  

They could make it A LOT harder to earn a green card after the marriage. Allow the work permit, but require that the marriage last at least 5 or more years, etc.

• Love 3

When I was young and stupid, I had a relationship with an immigrant. (That wasn't what made me stupid; thinking I was ready for a serious commitment with anyone was the stupid part.) Anyway, I was afraid of surprise interviews and visits from officials. Now, I think it's a valid tactic for checking on the true intention of the green card applicant/holder. A random phone call to a relative or close friend, a drop-in visit to the home, whatever.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, pollywood said:

A random phone call to a relative or close friend, a drop-in visit to the home, whatever.

I always wondered what happens if the immigration makes a visit during the day and there's no one home. People are usually at work during the day. Do they come back in the evening?

4 hours ago, MrSmith said:

She is definitely someone who does not love and accept herself.

Based off of what?  Her size?  I'm a fat chick with mad self esteem.  If Nicole didn't think she was hot poop, she wouldn't be so manipulative of her family.  She knows she's going to get her way.  Nicole is lazy and dumb.  She's not a victim of her upbringing.  Remember last season when she confessed to "cheating" on Azan, even though they hadn't met yet?  She was trying to make him jealous.  

I'm 100% on Team Azan.  I haven't seen anything at all saying he's using her to get to the US.  He never speaks of it at all.  I think he genuinely thought there was the potential for an actual relationship.  He cut her slack last visit because he's a decent guy.  Now we'll see what happens this time.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

They could make it A LOT harder to earn a green card after the marriage. Allow the work permit, but require that the marriage last at least 5 or more years, etc.

It's a pretty difficult process already.  I'm not sure about requiring the marriage to laast longer, but I think requirements for employment of the green card holder might be in order.  Certain actions, such as commission of a felony, are already grounds for revoking the green card.  

56 minutes ago, pollywood said:

A random phone call to a relative or close friend, a drop-in visit to the home, whatever.

I'm sure that was a fear, but I dont think it happens very often.  They just dont have the manpower ir resources to do drop in visits.  From what I understand their only unannounced visits are in regard to known criminals who are here illegally.  Not sure they even pay attention to random phone calls.  Still, like you, the uncertainty would get to me.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo
  • Love 1

If this is off-topic or in the wrong place PLEASE let me know or whatever but given the comments in the thread about how they are cracking down on immigration and visa interviews, etc., separating couples to grill them or springing unexpected questions on them to trip them up ... a little personal tidbit (which I found interesting and weird at the time and wonder if it's happened to anyone else) ...

Three months ago I was coming home from two-week vacation in Italy with Mr. Snappy, my husband of 33 years and counting. We both have valid passports, etc. I even went so far as to start using my married name on all my official documents a few years ago because I knew that international travel was getting tougher (I worked and lived under my maiden name for many years because it was much easier to spell and pronounce). We're both US born, US bred, etc. 

We had already done online check-in but were doing the counter check-in followup at the airport in Rome (American Airlines, if anyone cares). Usually it's bing, bang, boom (no bad pun intended). So, this is not even security or customs or anything, right? It's just checking in for our flight. The airline attendant at the counter starts springing all these questions on us ... what date did we get engaged, how did he propose, what was our first dance at our wedding, where was the reception ... and she wasn't just a Nosy Nellie. She was grilling us to see if our answers matched or we were faking being married or whatever. I have NEVER had this happen ... and let me add that I have had a silent stroke and two episodes of transient global amnesia so half the time I don't know what day it is, no less be able to pull specific details out of my memory without thinking about it, so this made me even more nervous. 

The ONLY thing that I could think of that would have made us subject to such a random grilling might be the fact that I don't wear a wedding band, but hey, I'm not the only person who has packed on a few pounds since my skinny minny wedding day and frankly it doesn't fit anymore ;) (I can't get it resized because it has a special "our saying" engraving inside, which also has a typo because my dad was the jeweler on it and he didn't spel gud).

Has this happened to anyone else? Has it simply become de rigeur, the random "are you really who you say you are" for no reason other than luck of the draw? I mean, I guess we passed the test since we got back here (the proposal question was a little dicey because technically he never did propose but that's another story). Maybe I look like a gold digger. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So not. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Based off of what?  Her size?  I'm a fat chick with mad self esteem.  If Nicole didn't think she was hot poop, she wouldn't be so manipulative of her family.  She knows she's going to get her way.  Nicole is lazy and dumb.  She's not a victim of her upbringing.  Remember last season when she confessed to "cheating" on Azan, even though they hadn't met yet?  She was trying to make him jealous.  

I'm 100% on Team Azan.  I haven't seen anything at all saying he's using her to get to the US.  He never speaks of it at all.  I think he genuinely thought there was the potential for an actual relationship.  He cut her slack last visit because he's a decent guy.  Now we'll see what happens this time.

I think Azan either just wants a green card or the money from being on the show.  I think this because he is obviously way too good for Nicole. (Who isn't?)   There is no way he couldn't find someone MUCH better if a green card or reality show money wasn't a factor.

Why don't the loser Americans on the show just get together?  How about Nicole and Paul or Molly and David?  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

The airline attendant at the counter starts springing all these questions on us ...

The only thing I can think of is she had some bad acid, because that is bizarre behavior.  I would have demanded to speak to her supervisor.  She was orbiting Pluto with that crap.  

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

The only thing I can think of is she had some bad acid, because that is bizarre behavior.  I would have demanded to speak to her supervisor.  She was orbiting Pluto with that crap.  

Good evening and velcome to Sprockets.  I am your host, Dieter. You vill all be quiet now....you crack me up, Sprockets.  I almost know it’s you before I see who wrote the post.

• Love 3

Was it Fiumicino or Ciampino? And was it an Italian employee or was s/he an American? I honestly think it was the employee being crazy. I also don't fly AA so maybe it is a weird airline policy? I went to Rome with my husband (not yet engaged at that point) a few years ago and we didn't get asked a thing.

We went to Paris the following year for our honeymoon and had no issues even though my passport has my maiden name on it. And every trip since then has been trouble-free except security at San Francisco (SFO), which has always given me hell.

Edited by pollywood
Linate is a Milan airprt
  • Love 1

Imho Azan knows she has a temper and I also see him calling 911 on her. It would be a way to show that he tried but the relationship didn't work. By that time he will have his green card and allowed to stay as Mo seems to be remaining here. Again, Moo

• Love 1

Poor Mae.  Poor, poor Mae.  

I know a lot of people hate on Mother Nicole, but I honestly think she did the best she could and I have a very strong feeling all of the crap parenting came from Father Nicole.  She knows how fucking stupid she is, and she knows how vulnerable Mae is on so many levels.

My heart kind of broke for Mother Nicole tonight.

Is Evelyn's dad Jesus?  Or is he just playing the role in "Jesus Christ Superstar?"  UGHGHGH

• Love 5

I keep wondering if May is named for her birth month, so Nicole can remember her own daughter's birthday. I also don't think we should give any credit to Nicole to know of "Mae" as a name or spelling.

Edited by pollywood
  • Love 6

May/Mae is just the cutest little cherub.  Nicole doesn’t seem to appreciate her and at best, has questionable parenting skills.  Azan seems very fond of her, and his family will dote on her. Nicole, who is all about Nicole, is basically going to treat Family Azan is her usual high handed manner.

Honey, you want to marry someone of a different culture and faith, yet you give us the impression that you could care less about these things, but they are part of WHO Azan is.   You expect him to accept you as you are, warts and all, but you don’t seem to realize it’s a two way street.  Marriage isn’t just about what YOU want.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Based on how she conducts herself. She's proud of the fact she gained weight, in spite of her fiancee (and the man she supposedly lurves) wanting her to do the opposite. I mean, if she loved and accepted herself, then she'd be accomplishing more in life than living in Section 8 housing and sponging off her parents. People who have self-confidence and who love and accept themselves conduct themselves differently than the way Nicole does. Her weight is not the only indicator and it's not even the main indicator. Hell, take a look at yourself in comparison to her! Based on what you've written, you have good self-confidence and self-esteem and you accept yourself the way you are. Would you do things the way she's doing them? I very much doubt it. I strongly suspect that if you were planning a trip such as the one she is now on (at this point in the show), you would not have relied on your mother to pack diapers for your two or three year old child. I suspect you would have been much more organized. There's a whole slew of evidence collected on film between this season and last season of 90 Day Fiance that explains my position for me. If you haven't watched last season's 90 Day Fiance, I recommend you do that when you have time.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I did and I can tell you it looks like he’s quite smitten with me.

He does that thing with his tongue to everyone.  

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You expect him to accept you as you are, warts and all, but you don’t seem to realize it’s a two way street. 

There is no two-way street for Nicole.  Or maybe there is, but no one else can fit on it.  She really does not notice other human beings unless they don't do what she wants.  

• Love 7
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why would it have mattered if 2 people traveling together were a married couple or not?

I have no idea ... I don't think it would or should ... just wondering if the fact that we WERE traveling as a married couple on our documents with the same name on passports and I wasn't wearing a wedding band was some sort of red alert for them to give us the third degree? I can't come up with anything else LOL. 

11 hours ago, pollywood said:

Was it Fiumicino or Ciampino? And was it an Italian employee or was s/he an American? I honestly think it was the employee being crazy. I also don't fly AA so maybe it is a weird airline policy? I went to Rome with my husband (not yet engaged at that point) a few years ago and we didn't get asked a thing.

We went to Paris the following year for our honeymoon and had no issues even though my passport has my maiden name on it. And every trip since then has been trouble-free except security at San Francisco (SFO), which has always given me hell.

Fiumicino and an American employee. Luckily, because I always insist on being at the airport REALLY early to allow for delays and lines etc. especially with international travel, we weren't in a hurry or I would have gotten REALLY flustered! As it is, I got an extra shot of Aperol in my farewell spritz at the gate cocktail lounge. 

And just one last quick ETA ... I had thought maybe we had one of those hidden "check these people thoroughly" codes on our pass or something (I think it's PPPP) except that we absolutely sailed through every other facet of security, customs, immigration etc. on both sides plus my husband has Global Entry. So, yeah, maybe she was just nucking futs. 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

If this is off-topic or in the wrong place PLEASE let me know or whatever but given the comments in the thread about how they are cracking down on immigration and visa interviews, etc., separating couples to grill them or springing unexpected questions on them to trip them up ... a little personal tidbit (which I found interesting and weird at the time and wonder if it's happened to anyone else) ...

Three months ago I was coming home from two-week vacation in Italy with Mr. Snappy, my husband of 33 years and counting. We both have valid passports, etc. I even went so far as to start using my married name on all my official documents a few years ago because I knew that international travel was getting tougher (I worked and lived under my maiden name for many years because it was much easier to spell and pronounce). We're both US born, US bred, etc. 

We had already done online check-in but were doing the counter check-in followup at the airport in Rome (American Airlines, if anyone cares). Usually it's bing, bang, boom (no bad pun intended). So, this is not even security or customs or anything, right? It's just checking in for our flight. The airline attendant at the counter starts springing all these questions on us ... what date did we get engaged, how did he propose, what was our first dance at our wedding, where was the reception ... and she wasn't just a Nosy Nellie. She was grilling us to see if our answers matched or we were faking being married or whatever. I have NEVER had this happen ... and let me add that I have had a silent stroke and two episodes of transient global amnesia so half the time I don't know what day it is, no less be able to pull specific details out of my memory without thinking about it, so this made me even more nervous. 

The ONLY thing that I could think of that would have made us subject to such a random grilling might be the fact that I don't wear a wedding band, but hey, I'm not the only person who has packed on a few pounds since my skinny minny wedding day and frankly it doesn't fit anymore ;) (I can't get it resized because it has a special "our saying" engraving inside, which also has a typo because my dad was the jeweler on it and he didn't spel gud).

Has this happened to anyone else? Has it simply become de rigeur, the random "are you really who you say you are" for no reason other than luck of the draw? I mean, I guess we passed the test since we got back here (the proposal question was a little dicey because technically he never did propose but that's another story). Maybe I look like a gold digger. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So not. 

This experience amazes me. It's a good thing that stuff like this doesn't happen to me and my wife. My initial responses would have been trying to determine why they're asking me and how that information is relevant to anything. Once that's been ascertained or once they simply exhaust my patience by failing to answer my questions, then my responses would morph into a single response: "None of your fucking business." If I were feeling charitable or simply less hostile toward strangers than usual, then I would have simply responded with "I don't remember." 

• Love 3
On 10/15/2017 at 11:28 PM, islandgal140 said:

Women like Nicole and Molly (to a bit of a lesser extent) make me think that declaring yourself 'a good mom' is much like calling yourself classy - if you have to say it, odds are you aren't.

This is everything. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I would be honored.  TOUCH HIM!!!  LOVE HIM!!! LEIBE MEINE ABSCHMINKE!!!!

Tonight on East Germany's Most Disturbing Home Videos......

You are beautiful and angular.

A fat man and a sprinkler are soon together.

C2EB51C9-4721-4E51-9B3D-6F564AD500D6.jpeg

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Couldn’t help myself
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I'm as happy as a little girl. 

820CF3E4-C0D5-4A21-AE0B-C897FC4CE8C9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sprockets said:

There is no two-way street for Nicole.  Or maybe there is, but no one else can fit on it.  She really does not notice other human beings unless they don't do what she wants.  

THIS! So much this. In a nutshell.

• Love 3