Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

It seems odd to me for a woman in her mid fifties, and on her second marriage to choose to wear a white wedding gown. Guess I am just too old fashioned? I wonder if she will have bride maids and a flower girl too? Jackson would make a cute ring bearer for sure!

How do we know it's white?  Did she say that?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, winsomeone said:

It seems odd to me for a woman in her mid fifties, and on her second marriage to choose to wear a white wedding gown. Guess I am just too old fashioned? I wonder if she will have bride maids and a flower girl too? Jackson would make a cute ring bearer for sure!

To me white usual says “bridal” no matter what, and the style of the dress/outfit would change depending on the bride’s age, wedding venue etc. Of course whatever the bride wants is fine with me, but I wouldn’t think of a 50something woman, on her second marriage wearing a tulle ball gown. When my godmother got married for the 3rd time (in her 60s), she wore a white sequined tea length straight cut with a matching jacket. Very age appropriate but still white and  screamed “bridal”. 

Im sure we will get every each of the wedding planning as footage. They could probably drag it out over a season and get a special. 😏

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Im sure we will get every each of the wedding planning as footage. They could probably drag it out over a season and get a special. 😏

Well apparently they will be going to Kleinfeld's in NY for Randy to design a dress for her, so we will be getting plenty of wedding updates and information.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

To me white usual says “bridal” no matter what, and the style of the dress/outfit would change depending on the bride’s age, wedding venue etc. Of course whatever the bride wants is fine with me, but I wouldn’t think of a 50something woman, on her second marriage wearing a tulle ball gown. When my godmother got married for the 3rd time (in her 60s), she wore a white sequined tea length straight cut with a matching jacket. Very age appropriate but still white and  screamed “bridal”. 

Which might be why they aren't getting married until next year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/24/2020 at 10:15 AM, gonecrackers said:

Who else believes all those Playboys were actually Matt's... 🙋‍♀️

Now that I think about it.. if they were Caryn's... why is storing stuff at Matt's?? doesn't she still have her own house??

On 4/24/2020 at 11:59 AM, Spike said:

Some people get a feeling of pleasure from making a purchase, whether the item is needed or not.  My dad has come home with crap like a ceramic giraffe from a garage sale.

I have been garage-sale'ing a few times with a lady that is a friend of a friend.  No matter how shitty the garage sale is, she will find something to buy. 9 times out of 10 i will leave a garage sale with nothing! 

I feel like this wedding dress convo is deja vu because I think we've already had it. But I mentioned I thought she would look nice in a white cocktail style dress. But maybe Amy would want to take advantage of getting the 'dress of her dreams' and there I can't really blame her. 

• Love 3
On 4/24/2020 at 2:21 PM, tinderbox said:

I’m wondering if the majority of the advertising for this auction was done on FARMING websites and/or newspapers and that’s why so much of the non farm related items didn’t sell.

Yeah maybe Matt was trying to set it up so his stuff would sell and hers wouldn’t.  

• LOL 2
47 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I feel like this wedding dress convo is deja vu because I think we've already had it. But I mentioned I thought she would look nice in a white cocktail style dress. But maybe Amy would want to take advantage of getting the 'dress of her dreams' and there I can't really blame her. 

I think from the flashback photos she had a big puffy white wedding 'gown' for her first, so she's probably been there done that. Hopefully she does go for a tea length or straight dress.

• Love 2

I am so disappointed in Zac and Toris reaction to his mothers engagement. It seems he  takes sides with his dad and his cheating ways. Growing up she was the one always doing the hard stuff and Matt always did the fun stuff. All her hard work and happiness is forgotten.  Grow up Zac. This show supports you. I dont seen you doing any other thing for your income. You have gotten cocky. I think you would like it if the show continued on the farm without your mother.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, jaynesworld said:

I am so disappointed in Zac and Toris reaction to his mothers engagement. It seems he  takes sides with his dad and his cheating ways. Growing up she was the one always doing the hard stuff and Matt always did the fun stuff. All her hard work and happiness is forgotten.  Grow up Zac. This show supports you. I dont seen you doing any other thing for your income. You have gotten cocky. I think you would like it if the show continued on the farm without your mother.

I don't know about Jacob or Molly but Zack, Tori, Jer and Auj go out of their way to praise Caryn and they're very animated and engaged around Matt and Caryn.... I've read comments on other sites that say the kids were unhappy with Amy's book and the things she said about Matt and Caryn.... Not sure where that information came from,  I don't follow everything they say or do so if it was said I could have missed it or maybe it's just speculation.

Maybe the kids think that right, wrong or otherwise some things should remain private and kept within the family.... Especially Jer and Auj since they base they're entire online presence on a biblical lifestyle, scriptures etc.

Anyways it resonated with me because I have a close friend (known her since kindergarten) and years ago her mom claimed that her dad had an affair with a woman at his office and my friend hated that her mother made it public, her parents have been divorced for years but she still harbors resentment over it.....she even used it to kind of justify her dad's behaviour by saying "see this is what you're like, it's always about you, even when it hurts others you can't keep your mouth shut!" ( I was there when that particular conversation took place and I felt terrible for both of them, I can't imagine feeling that angry with my mother especially if she was the one who was cheated on 🙁)   my friend's situation wasn't as public as the Roloffs and didn't play out in books, magazines or TV but it still made her very angry with her mother..... Obviously I don't know if that's the case with the Roloff family but when I read those comments it made me wonder if they felt the same as my friend and that's why they seem to be closer to Matt than Amy.

• Love 7

Matt does go out of his way to be fun when he's home on the farm with the kids and things he does for the grandkids that are appropriate for their developmental stage and really goes all out for Jackson.  Perhaps that shouldn't sway parents, but as the grandma who sits through ALL the sports, recitals, plays, etc., and helps with the practice, gear, and costumes whether I'm interested or not, that kind of thing makes an impression on the parents whether it's conscious or not.  I see Amy more as the why don't you come over for dinner type.  It isn't that she isn't involved with the kids, that's the kind of thing she's comfortable doing.  She shows love by cooking a big meal.  Matt shows love by building something.  Building is flashier. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Matt does go out of his way to be fun when he's home on the farm with the kids and things he does for the grandkids that are appropriate for their developmental stage and really goes all out for Jackson.  Perhaps that shouldn't sway parents, but as the grandma who sits through ALL the sports, recitals, plays, etc., and helps with the practice, gear, and costumes whether I'm interested or not, that kind of thing makes an impression on the parents whether it's conscious or not.  I see Amy more as the why don't you come over for dinner type.  It isn't that she isn't involved with the kids, that's the kind of thing she's comfortable doing.  She shows love by cooking a big meal.  Matt shows love by building something.  Building is flashier. 

That's a good point, makes sense

Matt is a big kid and he enjoys the toys, planes etc as much as the 2 yr old. and ask any kid if they want to eat dinner at grandma's house or go play on grandpa's new toy.... I think we know the answer....  and the parents get to relax and watch the kids play instead of sitting at a table trying to keep the kids from making a mess.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, jaynesworld said:

Did you see the episode or are you going based off the previews? Because previews are generally highly edited for shock factor. 

• Love 2

I don't think these people who hurt others deserve protection. Maybe the offender should've thought twice about their own crappy behavior first & stopped, because they're the one who truly didn't care about the family. Secrets in families just perpetuates the behavior for future generations. The kidults need to grow up & learn about empathy & accountability as both are terribly lacking in our world. It's possible to still love both parties as parents.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

My mother is more of the “cook dinner” grandma, too. She wasn’t so much a “get down on the floor and play” person, but she did enjoy interacting with and watching my kids play when they were little. 

• Love 1

Obviously none of us will really know what went on in Amy and Matt's marriage.  We only know what we see on the show and draw our own conclusions.  I don't think any children really want to know about the details of what went wrong with their parents marriage so they can stay neutral because I am sure they love them both.  The difficulties in that relationship should stay between the husband and wife.  

On another note, I wonder why Chris would go to Amy's dad to tell him that he wanted to marry Amy?  He probably should have told her children so they felt more involved.  I don't think a 90 something year old dad who I don't think really gives a crap needs to be told that his 55 year old daughter is going to get a proposal.  Per Chris the reaction was not what he expected, which isn't surprising.  

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I've read comments on other sites that say the kids were unhappy with Amy's book and the things she said about Matt and Caryn.... Not sure where that information came from,  I don't follow everything they say or do so if it was said I could have missed it or maybe it's just speculation.

I don't know which sites you're referring to but I saw it discussed on reddit back when Amy's book first came out and they said it was from a podcast.

The only podcast I know of is Jeremy and Audrey and I don't listen to it, I didn't know if it was true or not and I had no desire to go listen for myself since they annoy me. lol

However I do know from personal experience that family members can get their nose out of joint over dirty laundry being aired outside the family.

• Useful 1

This family is very public. We could say they have a right to some privacy & yeah okay, but they already aired their dirty laundry for years, & still do, just doing the show, from which they've all made some damn good money. We didn't need books written to see Amy is a cranky slob, the kids are quite lazy (most), & Matt has been an alcoholic cheater. They have their roles & now it's not going to be easy to change that, but they chose it. They can quit the show & fuck off with the big money they already have if they don't like their privacy invaded. But if Zach wants more kids & to keep them stay at home parents, he, in particular, needs to not whine about privacy. JMO

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Obviously none of us will really know what went on in Amy and Matt's marriage.  We only know what we see on the show and draw our own conclusions.  I don't think any children really want to know about the details of what went wrong with their parents marriage so they can stay neutral because I am sure they love them both.  The difficulties in that relationship should stay between the husband and wife.  

On another note, I wonder why Chris would go to Amy's dad to tell him that he wanted to marry Amy?  He probably should have told her children so they felt more involved.  I don't think a 90 something year old dad who I don't think really gives a crap needs to be told that his 55 year old daughter is going to get a proposal.  Per Chris the reaction was not what he expected, which isn't surprising.  

I agree, at that age all her dad cares about is someone making his meals.  Far more important to take Zach & Jer out for a much needed break from their wives and have a nice dinner (& the wives will thank Chris too!).  This is the Dad that never had anything nice to say about Amy’s life.  In the previews, I see Amy making a snarky comment to Matt & Caryn not to expect a wedding invitation.  Edited to add that Zach requested no surprises on TV, and the request not respected by Amy...

Edited by Bunnyette
  • Love 3

I’m as irritated by Amy’s ridiculousness as the next viewer, but man, do I hate the dismissive way her sons treat her.  It’s becoming more obvious with time.  Also, wow, Zach.  Your wife assembles the furniture AND operates the grill, huh?  It’s pretty rich, listening to him play hardball with his son when he was spoiled rotten as a kid.  “He’ll be told what he’s having.”  Ha.  Whatever, Zach.

(Also, if I were Amy, I would have told Caryn to go fuck herself and her bygones.  She has a lot of nerve to sit there, as someone who cheated with another woman’s husband, and talk about “bygones.”  Ugh.)

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 20

Amy is such an insensitive old bitch, she totally forgets Zachs request and blindsides him for the cameras and then when he doesn't gush with excitement all she can think of is Chris and how she hopes that Zach will be happy and congratulate Chris because it's IMPORTANT to Chris.

Nevermind what was IMPORTANT to Zack, he made one request and she drove through it with a bulldozer, his feelings were of so little importance that she didn't even remember it or care because all that matters to Amy is Chris.

I'm so sick of her and Chris and how stupid she acts, I really wish she'd take her silly little heart shaped ring and piss off, the show would be so much better without her bitchy face, ugly comments and constant negativity.

On another note...Chris needs to trim his nose hairs before they reach out and strangle someone. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I’m as irritated by Amy’s ridiculousness as the next viewer, but man, do I hate the dismissive way her sons treat her.  It’s becoming more obvious with time.  Also, wow, Zach.  Your wife assembles the furniture AND operates the grill, huh?  It’s pretty rich, listening to him play hardball with his son when he was spoiled rotten as a kid.  “He’ll be told what he’s having.”  Ha.  Whatever, Zach.

(Also, if I were Amy, I would have told Caryn to go fuck herself and her bygones.  She has a lot of nerve to sit there, as someone who cheated with another woman’s husband, and talk about “bygones.”  Ugh.)

I thought the same about Zack. Last week he sat on his rump and watched Tori assemble the crib. He also was not much help with the camping trip. This week he almost caught his head on fire lighting the grill. Say what you want about Matt but he pretty much did anything on the farm that he put his mind to. Zack either didn't learn from his dad or he is extremely lazy. Tori I'm sure realizes that she will be doing the lion's share of anything physical in their home. 

• Love 7

Just finished watching the episode and can't get over how stupid Amy acts.

At the BBQ Matt asks her how the house is going and immediately she starts making weird faces and grumbling about "well you never know, things can go wrong, blah, blah" at that point she already had the house and it was a done deal but she just has to be the drama queen of every get together and wtf is up with all the "Hey dude" "dude this and dude that" lolol.. does she think that sounds cool?.... There was no need to make a snotty comment about not inviting Caryn and Matt, they were being nice and congratulating her but she's such a bitter little pill that she can't put her personal bitchiness aside for a couple hours while attending someone else's party.

It's Zack and Toris party, not Amy's and she should have kept her skanky yellow toothed mouth shut.

• Love 11

I have never minded Zach, but he really needs to grow up. He has been on a reality show for how many years now, and basically it is what pays for his house and lifestyle. So you didn't get to hear in private that your mother has gotten engaged to a man who treats her better than your father ever did? Boo f-ing hoo. Yes, it would have been nice if your father had treated your mother the way Chris does, but he didn't. I wonder how Zach will feel if and when his father proposes to his former mistress, the woman who broke up his parents' marriage? 

• Love 22

I'm not sure but was it Caryn that jumped up to hug and say "welcome to the family" to Chris?

I played it twice but could not make out if it was Caryn or Matt in the background!

Amy's surprised Zack doesn't know how to grill?  Really Amy.  She never showed those boys anything and come to think of it Amy was always grilling for everybody!

Matt also said what a lot of us have been saying about long engagements!  He also said they, he and Caryn, wouldn't have  a long engagement!  He's surely dragging his feet!

Pot....kettle!

• Love 7

I see in Zach something I see in my own son.  He thinks he gets to run the show for everyone now.  Kind of a jerk, IMO.  Can't he just be happy for his mom?  Maybe that's why he likes Caryn -- they're both narcissists.

• Love 7
On 4/27/2020 at 9:48 PM, Absolom said:

I see Amy more as the why don't you come over for dinner type.  It isn't that she isn't involved with the kids, that's the kind of thing she's comfortable doing.  She shows love by cooking a big meal.  Matt shows love by building something.  Building is flashier. 

When Amy was raising those kids, she did everything with them. Didn't she coach Zac and Jers soccer team or maybe she was just there for every game cheering them on. Matt sure wasn't. She's the one that drove them to school, picked them up and did all the after school stuff with them. Matt didn't. When it was time for family vacations it was Matt that would decide not to go at the last minute, leaving Amy and the kids to go on their own. All this is documented on the past season's when the kids were young.  Maybe Amy is tired. Maybe she's perfectly satisfied with having the kids and the grands over for dinner. She deserves to sit back and relax and make dinner for the family if that's what feels good to her now.  

Having said all that, I can't believe she "forgot" about Zac's request to both parents to keep engagement news off camera until the kids were told first. That was a selfish move on her part. Made for a hella awkwarrrrrddddd scene. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9

I thought matt was very gracious when amy called him about the engagement.

Tori is just like my nieces that same age - socially dopey. So it zach, but i expected more from her. She should have reacted with some enthusiasm for the engagement. Duh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Who goes to a party at someone elses house and starts mouthing off at their other invited guests?

Talk about no manners, Amy could write the book, she's her dad all over again. 🙄

I happened to see the previous episode again and she's going on about wanting input from her friends to make sure she isn't making a huge mistake and yet when they tried to tell her that the window with the stick on plastic faux finish was horrible and she should update it with something nicer since it's on the front of the house and visible from the street she immediately got snippy and wouldn't listen or even thank her friend for the suggestion.

Her friend was right, that fake plastic textured glass looks like crap especially after it's been up for a while like her friend kindly tried to point out to her, it was rumpled and crooked.

Chris will need the patience of Job to live with her because she absolutely refuses to take any advice from anyone and she gets angry if you try to explain, he'll tire of that after a while, it's no fun living with a stubborn mule know-it-all.

Run Chris RUN!

• Love 14

Is Zach so stupid that he does not know the definition of a party?  He barely wants any food or drink and of course no dessert, no one wants ice cream or even cookies especially not the children!  Zach is a complete waste, Tori will realize this some day.  Amy just screams awkward.  She creates all the uncomfortable situations with her snotty little comments and grump face, that conversation with Caryn and Matt was just cringeworthy.  Even as she walked in and she spotted them she put on her bitch face and gave them the stink eye. I did like that she said I will remember not to invite you, it was funny, but I don't think they give a shit. 

Not shocked at Zach's reaction to the engagement news because he still acts like he is 5 years old and mommy is bringing home a new dad.  I expected more from Tori, maybe a congratulations and a little more excitement over the ring.  Amy kept saying I know they are happy for me, not sure if she is trying to convince the viewers or herself.

• Love 19

I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but, just a couple of comments so far... the baby being a dwarf was Zach & Tori's news, so Amy was wrong to put that out there before them on SM. But the engagement is Amy's news, so she can announce it any way she pleases. I haven't actually seen Zach's reaction yet, but he sounds like a big ass baby.

I also don't understand the point of inviting people over for a party & not having enough food for everyone. Either this is supposed to be a 'cute' story line (not), or Zach is a reality TV 'star' cheapskate, which is not a good look. If I were Tori I would not allow him to plan anything. I'd just go to the store & get everything we needed or just don't have it at all. Unless she just likes to sit around & make fun of his cheapness, or lack of party planning skills. But if I were her I'd find it embarrassing. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Just finished watching the episode and can't get over how stupid Amy acts.

At the BBQ Matt asks her how the house is going and immediately she starts making weird faces and grumbling about "well you never know, things can go wrong, blah, blah" at that point she already had the house and it was a done deal but she just has to be the drama queen of every get together and wtf is up with all the "Hey dude" "dude this and dude that" lolol.. does she think that sounds cool?.... There was no need to make a snotty comment about not inviting Caryn and Matt, they were being nice and congratulating her but she's such a bitter little pill that she can't put her personal bitchiness aside for a couple hours while attending someone else's party.

It's Zack and Toris party, not Amy's and she should have kept her skanky yellow toothed mouth shut.

There's only one reality show I actually liked but stopped watching because of one person who's insufferably ugly inside and out....Amy.

But I love coming here for the snark  😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I've made my share of comments criticizing Amy for many things over the years, but, I have to say that it was Zach who acted like an asp in the engagement announcement scene.  Sorry, but, his demands about how and when other people announce their life events is really their choice, not his, imo.   AND, it's important for the show to have some kind of drama and storyline. Since, they rely on this income, you have to make some concessions. PLUS, he's a grown asp man!  He was an adult when his parents divorced. He has known that both of his parents were in committed relationships for years!  So, his little tantrum and RUDE asp behavior was really inexcusable.  Tori too!  But, it was Amy who taught her kids to be so very selfish.  She never held them accountable for their behavior and they hold on to stuff just like her.  So, I suppose Amy isn't that surprised.  Zach really is annoying. Ugghhh, Also,

I was actually VERY shocked in the way Amy behaved when she called and announced her engagement to Matt.  She seemed very bothered, almost like she was in pain.  It was uncomfortable to watch.  She needs some therapy big time. Because of these unresolved issues, I can't see this working with Chris, no matter how strong their love. Hope I'm wrong.  I had really high hopes for them before seeing that scene.  

I sort of get why the adult kids may favor Matt and Caryn over Amy and that is due to her unending resentment that she will not let go of.  Even if fully justified in her resentment, HOW long do you carry that burden?  It's hurting her, not anyone else.  I suspect her kids see this and it bothers them.  At some point, when has the person who wronged you suffer enough?  How long would they serve in prison?  I say, give them a sentence and when it's over, let it go.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 12

As someone who had her mother's engagement announced to her, her sister, and her entire girl scout troop and their moms when she was 11, I sympathize with Zack. He had asked 1 thing and she couldn't bother to give a fuck. And then, she brought it back up after he pointedly told her that the conversation needed to be over. Amy knew Zack doesn't have an issue with Chris, I honesty think sometimes he likes Chris more than Amy. Sure, he loves her, but love and like are 2 very different things. There's NO reason she had to spring it on him on camera, and then play coy after she remembered the one thing he asked. Her attitude at the party was ugly too. She went in just trying to make the WORST of it when everyone else could manage to be polite adults. 

Note to Zack, just because you buy enough food, it doesn't mean you have to cook it all. Don't need the extra burgers? I'm sure you and Tori will eat them later. They do freeze, you know. And here's a tip, when you invite people for a party, they do actually expect the party to start at the invited time, not an hour later. And Zack, if you are afraid of the grill, just say it and don't blow yourself up. I get it, he's at face level with it. Just point that out and tell your brother to start it for you. 

10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was actually VERY shocked in the way Amy behaved when she called and announced her engagement to Matt.  She seemed very bothered, almost like she was in pain.  It was uncomfortable to watch.  She needs some therapy big time. Because of these unresolved issues, I can't see this working with Chris, no matter how strong their love. Hope I'm wrong.  I had really high hopes for them before seeing that scene.  

I sort of get why the adult kids may favor Matt and Caryn over Amy and that is due to her unending resentment that she will not let go of.  Even if fully justified in her resentment, HOW long do you carry that burden?  It's hurting her, not anyone else.  I suspect her kids see this and it bothers them.  At some point, when has the person who wronged you suffer enough?  How long would they serve in prison?  I say, give them a sentence and when it's over, let it go.  

So much this! She called Matt, he was polite and happy for her. And she was a pissy bitch because he was.... polite and happy for her. What, was he supposed to start some jealous ex crap and professing his undying love to her? He's long since moved on, she supposedly had too, but if I was Chris, I'd be questioning if she has or not. And yes, I'm sure her attitude is the reason they seem to favor Matt and Caryn. No matter what, Amy is bitter over something, someone, when they are with her. It's just so tiring to be around, I can't blame them. My mom is like this. No matter what you tell her, she instantly starts punching holes in it and your happiness. Hey mom, guess what? I discovered I have an extra $20,000! Well, why didn't you know you had it, why didn't they tell you you have it, you know you can't live off that forever?. Um, thanks for your bitterness!

• Love 15

Since Chris has never been married and has not lived with Amy he really needs to rethink that. I know Amy is against living together until married which is stupid but these two need to see what the everyday grind of togetherness 24/7 is really all about. Especially for Chris because he's not used to sharing his life like that. It's going to be a big adjustment for both of them so they should find out sooner rather than later if it's going to work. 

3 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

So much this! She called Matt, he was polite and happy for her. And she was a pissy bitch because he was.... polite and happy for her. What, was he supposed to start some jealous ex crap and professing his undying love to her?

I can't stand Matt but I thought it was so awesome when he said to the camera that he thinks Chris will be a much better husband to Amy than he ever was. Takes alot to admit that. Kudo's to Matt for that self realization! 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Even if fully justified in her resentment, HOW long do you carry that burden?  It's hurting her, not anyone else.  I suspect her kids see this and it bothers them.  At some point, when has the person who wronged you suffer enough?  How long would they serve in prison?  I say, give them a sentence and when it's over, let it go.  

I once saw a very wise saying on a plaque at a nail salon:

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free; it is then you realize the prisoner was you."

I learned that I couldn't control how the other person felt about the abuse they had heaped on me throughout my childhood.  Their method of choice was to pretend like it never happened.  If they felt guilt, they never acknowledged it.  

So I forgave them anyway.  Not to say "What you did was okay," but to say, "I'm done dragging that pain around.  See ya."

I hope Amy learns that.  Otherwise, there will not be any real peace or happiness in her life.  She may find moments of happiness while doing things with Chris, but unless she lets go of her anger towards Matt and Caryn, it will always occupy a space in her soul that should be freed for joy.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but, just a couple of comments so far... the baby being a dwarf was Zach & Tori's news, so Amy was wrong to put that out there before them on SM. But the engagement is Amy's news, so she can announce it any way she pleases. I haven't actually seen Zach's reaction yet, but he sounds like a big ass baby.

I also don't understand the point of inviting people over for a party & not having enough food for everyone. Either this is supposed to be a 'cute' story line (not), or Zach is a reality TV 'star' cheapskate, which is not a good look. If I were Tori I would not allow him to plan anything. I'd just go to the store & get everything we needed or just don't have it at all. Unless she just likes to sit around & make fun of his cheapness, or lack of party planning skills. But if I were her I'd find it embarrassing. 

I don't disagree that it was Zach and Tori's news to share, but I got the impression that the whole situation with Amy announcing that Lilah was an LP was more of a breach of the show rather than an issue for Zach and Tori. 

Anyhoo, if Zach were REALLY interested in saving money, he'd buy ground beef and make his own hamburger patties rather than buying pre-made fresh patties.  He bought pre-made patties for Jackson's birthday party (that episode was on either this morning on yesterday morning-I can't keep my days straight) and then again for this party.  I, too, would find it really embarrassing not to have enough food if I were Tori.  It seems like Tori and Amy were teasing Zach about it and thankfully, he seemed to have learned from his mistakes on that front.  I wonder why Chris was showing Zach how to grill instead of Matt?  

I also thought it was really interesting that Zach said he didn't understand why Matt couldn't have been a better husband to Amy 25 years ago (or something along those lines).  While Zach isn't perfect, I do think that of the Roloff offspring we hear from, he's the one who's most able to acknowledge that both Matt and Amy created irreparable problems in their marriage.  

In watching the reruns of the last couple of seasons in the past few weeks, as it turns out, Matt's worked it out so that he's gotten exactly what he seemed to have wanted-Amy's gone from the farm and he's left to do as he pleases with Caryn.  Yet, he and Caryn still can't stop bad-mouthing her in the THs.  For all his talk about how decisive he is, why did he need Amy to make decisions about her place on the farm unless he really just wanted her gone so he could do as he pleased?  What he was really hoping for is that he'd wear Amy down until she left, which is what happened.  If he had ever really wanted to build on the farm or move away, wouldn't someone as super-decisive as Matt just have acted?  And, why does he care about how long Amy's engaged?  Why even comment about that?  He truly is a bully and it gives me the sads.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I know Amy is against living together until married which is stupid but these two need to see what the everyday grind of togetherness 24/7 is really all about.

Last night she indicated that he would move in with her as soon as she's settled, but before they marry.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Last night she indicated that he would move in with her as soon as she's settled, but before they marry.

I don't remember that but good to know. Maybe in the past she meant she would not live together before marriage until she had a ring. 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I wonder if she's going to keep a tidy house (and he should help), but her home in the past was a pig sty.  

• Love 9