Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Dibs said:

Yes, children traditionally waited until their parents passed before expecting an inheritance, if they were lucky enough to even get one, but not so much these days with all the entitlement engendered in Gens X and Z. 

Watch your back, Matt!  And then Amy!!!

Isn’t Gen X like 50-60?  I’m guessing you meant Millennials (Zach, Jeremy, Tori, (Audrey though she seems to have her own money))

I don’t like like to broadly paint any generation as a whole, probably because as a Millennial I do not claim the Roloff delegation, well except maybe Molly 😂

I think the problem is Zach and Jeremy never had real jobs where their livelihood depended upon it. To much stuff was handed  to them.  I do consider the show a job but it is not comparable to most jobs at that age. Growing up, Jeremy was Matt’s favorite because I think Matt was trying to live vicariously through him.  Zach was Amy’s favorite because she seemed to use him as an emotional crutch to a shitty marriage.  Both of these things left Zach and Jeremy stunted and it’s why they both think they can be farmers when in reality the most they can probably do is “play farmer”.  They were both extremely coddled and monetarily rewarded for subpar performances.  I mean these were college-aged guys that didn’t even know the state abbreviation for the state they lived

Now Jeremy has married Matt Audrey, dictator that tries to sell us on this manufactured “perfect farm” life, while Zach has married Amy Tori, bulldozer who seems disgruntled with her life, but pretending it’s what she wanted.  Amy and Matt used to tell Zach and Jeremy what to do, now Tori and Audrey do.  The twins never grew up because they never had to, which imo most definitely did increase their feelings of entitlement.  Unfortunately they are thirtysomething brats and unlikely to change. YMMV 😊

• Like 6
  • Applause 9

Also, way to go, Amy, throwing Chris under the bus for being late to the charity event!  Welcome to Matt's world.

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, Dibs said:

But I did find Jackson's "Tori Roloff, I'm going to replace you" comment very odd; where has he heard that before?

Yes, I agree with that.  What 6 year old tells his mother that he’s going to replace her?  I thought maybe I misread that the first time, but yes, it seems like something he would have heard somewhere. 

• Like 2
On 4/15/2024 at 5:32 PM, Harry Wails said:

it's easy to see where Zach get's his ungrateful jackass personality from, his mother!

The crab apple didn't fall far from the tree with those two.

love your photo...😂

4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, I agree with that.  What 6 year old tells his mother that he’s going to replace her?  I thought maybe I misread that the first time, but yes, it seems like something he would have heard somewhere. 

Watch your back, Matt!  And Amy!  And Lilah!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I missed Jackson telling Tori that he was going to replace her. Why did he say that?

I don't know WHY he said it, but WHEN he said it was at the end of the berry picking scene.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Dibs said:

I don't know WHY he said it, but WHEN he said it was at the end of the berry picking scene.

That is because they've trained this kid to think he is end all, be all of everything. He seems like sweet kid when he's not being a horrible brother to poor Lilah. (When he was banging her in the head with parts to a bed comes to mind...)

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

He had to have heard this from Zach. Good luck Zach replacing Tori. I can't imagine anyone else putting up with your lazy self. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, EastCoast4Life said:

That is because they've trained this kid to think he is end all, be all of everything. He seems like sweet kid when he's not being a horrible brother to poor Lilah. (When he was banging her in the head with parts to a bed comes to mind...)

In a recent show, Lilah was swinging something around and Tori told her not to knock out her brother. She never reprimanded Jackson that I can remember. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

He had to have heard this from Zach. Good luck Zach replacing Tori. I can't imagine anyone else putting up with your lazy self. 

Or he heard Tori say it and is smart enough to substitute "Tori" for "Lilah."  I can't imagine Zach ever saying such a thing; remember that box of limp, deflated balls he was trying to pump up?

Edited by Dibs
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Dibs said:

Or he heard Tori say it and is smart enough to substitute "Tori" for "Lilah."  I can't imagine Zach ever saying such a thing; remember that box of limp, deflated balls he was trying to pump up?

Lol! Zac will spend his entire life trying to pump up his limp, deflated balls. Good luck with that.

• LOL 5