Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

After all these years, I STILL cannot fathom WHAT Chris sees (saw) in Amy? 

Maybe it's because he found a female who fits on the back of his motorcycle and likes to go on rides with him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

After all these years, I STILL cannot fathom WHAT Chris sees (saw) in Amy?  They seem like such an incongruous couple.  He appears to be a fully functional, nice-looking man with his own resources who never married (for whatever reason).  He meets Amy, a "little person" with a TV show, divorced with a bad attitude (I will avoid characterizing her "looks" or overall appearance) and falls madly enough in love with her to take her on for LIFE! 

I guess LOVE IS BLIND (in Chris' case)...😆

I think it's becoming more and more obvious what Chris saw in CRANKY Amy!

When she sits on her wallet she's a tall lady.

Chris had never traveled out of the USA and since hitching his wagon to Amy he's been to Hawaii, on cruises and he's currently in Ireland living large.

Chris always looked at the big farmhouse on Matt's property with LOVE in his eyes, he even pouted when Amy decided to sell out to Matt and move, he sat with Amy saying how much he was going to miss that view and that property and he didn't stop pouting until Amy told him to quit it!

He uses literally ANY excuse to walk, run or bike his butt over to Matts property and sit there admiring Matts estate and wishing it was his and now he's trying to find an estate of his own where he can sit and act like a big shot, he has lots of plans for Amy's money, he's damned and determined to wear that gold crown outside the bedroom!  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
41 minutes ago, PuddleJumper said:

he's trying to find an estate of his own where he can sit and act like a big shot, he has lots of plans for Amy's money,

I'm far from an expert in this department; HOWEVER, from what I hear, the ratio of single women to men in Amy's age group are skewed markedly in favor of eligible men,

These are well-heeled, attractive, professionally-retired women who would be delighted to hitch their proverbial wagon onto a seemingly great guy like Chris and bankroll various recreational adventures (or, more realistically, share in the expenses so the man doesn't get the feeling hie's "kept")

In addition, in Amy's case WE KNOW she has 4 children, and WE KNOW that those 4 children (regardless of their financial circumstances at the moment) are likely to be very proprietary regarding her $$$, especially as it pertains to any spending they may perceive as Amy lavishing $$ on Chris (who has NO CHILDREN).  

To conclude:  I'm still  GOBSMACKED at Chris' choice to marry Amy...

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
On 3/14/2024 at 4:41 AM, 65mickey said:

I thought that at least Caryn said they wanted a small wedding. I think they are entitled to be happy. Weren't we treated to en entire season built around Amy's second wedding complete with her bitching and complaining about Matt the entire time?

Amy was miserable being married to Matt. Amy is miserable being divorced from Matt. And she will be miserable when Matt and Caryn are married. That's her personality. She sucks the joy out of the room as soon as she enters.  

you nailed it!

plus Amy is at her worst whenever she's around Mae West because if there's anyone who hates Matt more than Amy it's Mae West and her platinum blond cotton candy hair!

Amy's whole demeaner changes,  her voice drops several octaves until she sounds like she's gargling with gravel, she hunches up her little shoulders like a rooster getting ready to crow, then she lets loose with her TOUGH TALK!

I'm IN CHARGE, things will be done MY WAY, No one will BOSS ME AROUND!

I'd love to throw a bucket of ice water at her and tell her to SNAP OUT OF IT!

I can't believe Chris can get it up looking at her cranky face, maybe he has a happy face paper bag in his night table.

171096853349205582.webp

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, BAForever said:

And driving around the property on those battery jeeps wasn't safe. Lilah was out of control.

I am a child of the 70s who as a kid was handed 10 inch lawn darts to throw around and slept in the back window of dad's giant Pontiac on road trips and even I was like WTF?! Where is Jackson's helmet at least and why are you laughing at your equally helmetless daughter who's um A BABY driving around the backyard like she's in need of a sobriety test?!                   

Idiots.

Edited by OLynn33
  • Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, OLynn33 said:

I am a child of the 70s who as a kid was handed 10 inch lawn darts to throw around and slept in the back window of dad's giant Pontiac on road trips and even I was like WTF?! Where is Jackson's helmet at least and why are you laughing at your equally helmetless daughter who's um A BABY driving around the backyard like she's in need of a sobriety test?!                   

Idiots.

We had Jarts too @OLynn33! My parents cringe now at the dumb things we kids did. The thing is we know better now. Zach and Tori should know now that many things they did on the farm were dangerous. Trebuchet anyone? Do better because you know better.

• Like 8
6 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Maybe it's because he found a female who fits on the back of his motorcycle and likes to go on rides with him.

LOL! If that's  the case, then Chris doesn't require much in a partner. (Thats' obvious!)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I love they aren’t telling Jackson he’s a LP to keep him innocent, but have no issues with scaring Lilah with how her sleep study or ballet recital might go. 

And by all means, put those kids on gas powered ATVs so they can be sure to get seriously injured. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
On 3/19/2024 at 11:02 PM, Quilty said:

Zach always looks like he needs to shower. Greasy and dirty. Brush your teeth!

And stop picking at your face and looking at it while you are being interviewed.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
14 hours ago, PuddleJumper said:

Amy's whole demeaner changes,  her voice drops several octaves until she sounds like she's gargling with gravel, she hunches up her little shoulders like a rooster getting ready to crow, then she lets loose with her TOUGH TALK

This is hysterical and true!  

Also, how awful was Amy when she said “ok let’s see the ring”.  What a nasty, nasty person.  Then when Matt said he got up at 6 and was tired, she had to say something like so did I we all get up early, no violin here!  So unnecessary!  Don’t ask people over for dinner and throw nasty digs at them.  Zach is certainly her son.  ZiT continues to be boring.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
33 minutes ago, Endora said:

This is hysterical and true!  

Also, how awful was Amy when she said “ok let’s see the ring”.  What a nasty, nasty person.  Then when Matt said he got up at 6 and was tired, she had to say something like so did I we all get up early, no violin here!  So unnecessary!  Don’t ask people over for dinner and throw nasty digs at them.  

And not one word of congratulations or best wishes for M&C's happiness.  The woman has no class.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

That whole scene was ridiculous. It's all fun and games until Lylah plunges into the river and gets ripped downstream. 

Also, would it kill ZIT to get her help with her speech? It is not improving. 

• Like 11
14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

When Jackson drove that jeep across the bridge with no railings over water, my jaw dropped. 

I was thinking the same thing. Aren't they supposed to be wearing helmets with those things?

Also, I wondered if Jackson ever rides that bike that Chris gave him now that they have those jeeps.

Is it just me or those kids seem very spoiled?

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, applewood said:

I was thinking the same thing. Aren't they supposed to be wearing helmets with those things?

I took a quick look online, and NONE of the ads for these vehicles show kids with helmets.

Most of the models DO have a remote control, so parents sitting nearby can actually be controlling the speed and steering.  I certainly hope they were doing that for Lilah; she looked like she was just rhythmically swinging back and forth.

And when Zach made the comment that it looked like time for GAS powered vehicles (faster, bigger), a chill ran up my spine.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
46 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Most of the models DO have a remote control, so parents sitting nearby can actually be controlling the speed and steering.  I certainly hope they were doing that for Leila; she looked like she was just rhythmically swinging back and forth.

Well, I don't know about that. The last time Tori was shown controlling Lyla's car via remote, she ran her into a tree, and then laughed and laughed. She is truly a moron. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
5 hours ago, Endora said:

And stop picking at your face and looking at it while you are being interviewed.

You can tell TLC totally hates him by the amount of times they replay that clip. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, Endora said:

Maybe he has some food leftovers he's looking to snack on? But yes he's gross with the skin pickin'!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, EastCoast4Life said:

Yes, yes they are. Zach was the only little person the original family, now ZIT have 3, do they even know what they are doing?

NO!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Did anyone watch Zach & Tori's long video as to why they are leaving reality TV? I saw it come up but it's too long for me to watch. What is their main reason for leaving? Were they "politely ushered off" the show?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Did anyone watch Zach & Tori's long video as to why they are leaving reality TV? I saw it come up but it's too long for me to watch. What is their main reason for leaving? Were they "politely ushered off" the show?

What I got from it (didn't listen to the entire podcast), they have progressed in life beyond the show AND their "children" were becoming aware of the producers during filming and were becoming negatively affected by the demands of the show.

I was always convinced that ZiT would stay with the show forever because they needed the pay check; however, I now believe that Torie has built up a monitized social media presence (including the podcast) sufficient to generate the income they need WITHOUT THE SHOW to maintain their lifestyle.  That, of course, is, presumably  supplemented by investments they probably have (I hope) from being on the show for so many years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I now believe that Torie has built up a monitized social media presence (including the podcast) sufficient to generate the income they need WITHOUT THE SHOW to maintain their lifestyle.  That, of course, is, presumably  supplemented by investments they probably have (I hope) from being on the show for so many years.

I hope so for the kids sake, but I doubt it. I've read about them leaving the show several times and yet, they're still here. Social media is a short road to maintaining a sufficient income unless you are someone of extreme popularity. And that's definitely NOT Tori. JMO

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 3/14/2024 at 6:41 AM, 65mickey said:

I thought that at least Caryn said they wanted a small wedding. I think they are entitled to be happy. Weren't we treated to en entire season built around Amy's second wedding complete with her bitching and complaining about Matt the entire time?

Amy was miserable being married to Matt. Amy is miserable being divorced from Matt. And she will be miserable when Matt and Caryn are married. That's her personality. She sucks the joy out of the room as soon as she enters.  

Amen!  She is the most miserable person on the planet.  It will be interesting to see how Amy does being chairman of this charity event at the farm.

Chris and Amy House hunting was interesting.  A mansion?  Dream big Amy dream big.

Matt seems to have had about enough of Zack and York's pout.  What will he do about that?

It seems their beef is mostly focused on Caryn. What did she say at the meeting that is unforgivable?  I think this bothers Matt the most.  Caryn was so good to the littles.  Such a shame!

Zack and Tori might just be biting off their nose to spite their face when Matt's had enough and they get nothing!  Matt's trying but those two are giving nothing.  Money talks...and bull s...walks!

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1

They going to need a lot of money for when all those children need medical or when child services come to visit.They are the worst.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

That huge house was Chris’ dream not Amy’s. She was appalled at the size.

Agreed. Chris wants to be Matt 2.0. He either has a lot more money than I think he does or he is just insane. Most people are looking to take it easy when they retire and enjoy life...not take on a full time new career. You would have to hire a full time landscaping crew to just do the upkeep on that property. In Chris's mind I think he said he would only need to do 10-12 weddings a year. I think that is a pie in the sky view even though I have no idea what a wedding venue charges. Chris has definitely turned in a full fledged Roloff.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I thought I heard Amy say that their current house didn't have enough space for her and that she is unorganized. I could not believe the shot of her side of the office; what a mess it was; crap all over the floor and her desk, just a mess. Chris' side of the room was quite neat. I think Amy needs more space for her junk, that's why they're "looking" for a larger home.

• Like 5

Amy said she'd like more room around the house. She said maybe an acre which is far more reasonable and understandable after living on a farm property. Chris wants more garage and shop space. Amy also wants a downstairs master bedroom which is an excellent idea.

• Like 2
(edited)

"Grandioso ideas"?  Never change, Amy!

I think we could make a drinking game counting all the microaggressions against little Lilah Rey.  Jackson running around screaming like a banshee isn't annoying, but her happily plunking on her toy xylophone was? She can't rub her baby brother's head, because "that's weird"?  Could no one even wipe her runny button nose for her weekly appearance on camera?  But as much as Tori exhibits passive-aggression and barely contained resentment against her, we might end up with alcohol poisoning when they run several episodes back-to-back.  I fear I see another Amber/Anna Johnston mother/daughter dynamic in the making.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
On 3/24/2024 at 7:11 AM, Absolom said:

Amy said she'd like more room around the house. She said maybe an acre which is far more reasonable and understandable after living on a farm property. Chris wants more garage and shop space. Amy also wants a downstairs master bedroom which is an excellent idea.

More room for more of Amy's junk. I can see their future: Chris in the garage/man cave with his stuff. Amy in the master bedroom/entire house for her stuff. 

Next stop is C&A on TLC's Hoarders. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Amy needs more room around the house for her crowns and dirty coffee mugs!  As far as more acreage maybe she wants more privacy so she can test out her pine needles fantasy with Chris🤭🤭🤭 Plus she probably ran out of neighbors to test those fabulous Amy Roloff…Amy Roloff’s….Amy Roloff’s Little Kitchen recipes on 😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

The crown made another appearance in the scene where Chris was searching for his lost bike keys, LOL.  And what was up with Amy needing to take credit for his finding them?  Three times she asked for it!  Jeez, Amy!  Yes, you're wonderful; My Man would be lost without you...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Did I see that little motorized car being driven by Josiah (at the time 1 year old?) go up on 2 wheels? I’m going to rewatch it to confirm. If so….this is some serious stuff.  I mean….really serious.  

• Mind Blown 3
On 3/24/2024 at 8:24 AM, floridamom said:

I thought I heard Amy say that their current house didn't have enough space for her and that she is unorganized. I could not believe the shot of her side of the office; what a mess it was; crap all over the floor and her desk, just a mess. Chris' side of the room was quite neat. I think Amy needs more space for her junk, that's why they're "looking" for a larger home.

I think Amy and Chris are looking for a larger home simply because Matt and Caryn built a beautiful new home.

Tori has close to a million (I think) followers on social media.  People (not me) seem to love her, her opinions, and the products she shills.  I think they will do well,financially, without the show, unless that bubble bursts.  

• Useful 1
(edited)

Amy missed out on one she really liked by low-balling her offer and never warmed to her current house.  And it is HER current house; not theirs.  I, too, heard her say "my/our budget" for the new one. Chris must be banking his assets with investing advice from Matt!  But I do think this is also a case of the Mereks keeping up with the Joneses. I mean, the Roloffs.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did I see that little motorized car being driven by Josiah (at the time 1 year old?) go up on 2 wheels? I’m going to rewatch it to confirm. If so….this is some serious stuff.  I mean….really serious.  

Yes, you did; it almost went over.  Zach was "driving" remotely.  I was gob smacked, but shouldn't have been...

You also heard Zach say, "I was driving a (motorized) car at four; Josiah is only one. WHO IS COOLER???"

Then Tori laughing at Lilah as she barreled down the bumpy dirt path wearing sunglasses, and how is her vision considering that her eyes are crossed (I don't see any corrective glasses or patches being utilized)?

And Jackson flying over the bridge without railings in his with Zit proudly bragging about his recklessness and how he's braver than Zach was.

This goes beyond stupidity.  I think they both need psychological help.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
30 minutes ago, Dibs said:

Yes, you did; it almost went over.  Zach was "driving" remotely.  I was gob smacked, but shouldn't have been...

You also heard Zach say, "I was driving a (motorized) car at four; Josiah is only one. WHO IS COOLER???"

Then Tori laughing at Lilah as she barreled down the bumpy dirt path wearing sunglasses, and how is her vision considering that her eyes are crossed (I don't see any corrective glasses or patches being utilized)?

And Jackson flying over the bridge without railings in his with Zit proudly bragging about his recklessness and how he's braver than Zach was.

This goes beyond stupidity.  I think they both need psychological help.

It will all be fun and games, and then if (*when) there is a serious injury, we will have the special: "Zach and Tori: after the accident." It's the trebuchet incident all over again, just with dwarf children. 

Zach seems to think it's "cool" to put his three (!) children in danger, and it's actually really stupid. Tori just laughs and laughs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
(edited)

I have a feeling that Zack and especially Tori are overcompensating for their children being little people by trying to teach them to be fearless. You know ride motorized cars at full speed ahead, wade in a drainage ditch, climb up on a two story unfinished building that has no sides. The dummies don't realize that no children the ages of Jackson, Lylah and Si should  be doing these things whether or not  they are dwarfs or average size kids. It's just not safe. They haven't figured out that being aware of and protecting their children from dangerous situations is not a bad thing. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 8
41 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

They haven't figured out that being aware of and protecting their children from dangerous situations is not a bad thing. 

As was mentioned upthread, these two need active, intensive therapy to help them sort out and respond properly to the numerous issues that arise on a daily basis with their 3 special-needs children. 

Neither of them have shown the necessary skills or abilities to effectively parent any of their children.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
52 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Neither of them have shown the necessary skills or abilities to effectively parent any of their children.

This. This is the problem. They don't actually think any of their children are special needs. The fact that Lylah can't speak at ALL, should be a red flag, but to these "knuckle heads" it's nothing. They are in total denial. Sure, Zach is fine now, but he had a lot of surgeries to get there (and continues to).

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
6 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

This. This is the problem. They don't actually think any of their children are special needs. The fact that Lylah can't speak at ALL, should be a red flag, but to these "knuckle heads" it's nothing. They are in total denial. Sure, Zach is fine now, but he had a lot of surgeries to get there (and continues to).

Also, Jackson has more verbal abilities than Lilah does; HOWEVER, TLC still needs subtitles when he speaks..I, personally, can never understand a word he's saying. 

That's in addition to his deformed legs.

I think that Jackson's "issues" with his dwarfism are almost "secondary" to the issue of his legs regarding his contemporaries in school.  I'm not sure anything can be done but I don't ever see either of them (as you mention) even casually talking about it.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

Also, Jackson has more verbal abilities than Lilah does; HOWEVER, TLC still needs subtitles when he speaks..I, personally, can never understand a word he's saying. 

That's in addition to his deformed legs.

I think that Jackson's "issues" with his dwarfism are almost "secondary" to the issue of his legs regarding his contemporaries in school.  I'm not sure anything can be done but I don't ever see either of them (as you mention) even casually talking about it.

Something CAN be done and should have been done instead of the "less invasive" surgery that Tori opted for which, even if it eventually works (and it doesn't look like it's going to; he'll eventually need it anyway, and now he'll be old enough to remember and be traumatized by it), can't buy him back all the time when he can't run and play with his friends.  I'm sure they laugh about how the ball goes RIGHT THROUGH his severely (the doctor's term) bowed legs; they'd be laughing, too, if it were Lilah instead of Jackson!  I'm surprised they don't laugh at her crossed eyes, which will ALSO need surgery because they're not using the tools available to them to try to mitigate it now.  Knuckleheads!!!

And what happened to Zach's spinal stenosis that can result in back pain, numbness, and even paralysis?  He's lucky if that herniated disc reabsorbed last time, but it might not next time.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Why are they always so mean when talking about Lilah? Who calls a little 3-4 year old learning to dance clueless and clunky? If that were Jackson they call him MAGNIFICENT and say he OWNED the dance studio.  They seem so mean when they talk abou Lilah sometimes, it’s very sad to hear.  I just read the summaries so I hope it didn’t sound as bad as it read.

Zach I can write off as to being clueless, he doesn’t even know you’re suppose to feed party guests, but Tori seems resentful of Lilah and I think it’s awful 😔

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
4 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Tori seems resentful of Lilah and I think it’s awful 😔

Tori probably resents Lilah because Lilah isn't that regular size baby girl she was hoping for.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

Tori probably resents Lilah because Lilah isn't that regular size baby girl she was hoping for.

If that’s true then Tori is just a horrible person.  I remember an episode where Tori talked about girls can be so mean, obviously she forgot to include herself.  

As much as Amy is a mess , literally and figuratively, I hope she gets to spend more time with Lilah maybe Lilah will have someone there to show her she’s celebrated too.  Now that Matt and Caryn are “evil” 🙄 and don’t get to see Lilah much, I wonder how much Lilah gets to hear words of encouragement. 

• Like 6