Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I hope it's true that ZiT will no longer be a part of this boring show.

It is true. You’re welcome!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
On 3/31/2024 at 10:18 PM, Absolom said:

Being technical about it, speech is a school problem now that Lilah is past her third birthday. Jackson's legs would have to be evaluated should Zach and Tori acknowledge the problem.

OMG!! Lilah will need her legs straightened but Jackson is just fine??? His bowed legs are worse than ever. I still maintain that Lilah might be on the Spectrum with high functioning autism. Her speech delay, her meltdowns and lack of coordination...all markers of autism. They would be well advised to get her tested ASAP. Early detection and therapy is key for a child to lead a healthy and happy life. Unfortunately, they will not do this...as long as Lilah is amusing them when she falls or trips over something.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I also do not like how they treat Murphy!  They do not deserve that dog 😡#FREEMURPHY 

Right??? That beautiful dog is ignored for the most part. Zach borders on animal abuse when he interacts with him and Tori just outright ignores him and she was the one that threatened to withhold sex from Zach unless he agreed to get another Bernese Mountain dog. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
On 3/28/2024 at 12:48 PM, Jst2Wld said:

I think Chris has a plan in place and has had it since he met Amy. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps a separate bank account in which to deposit his real estate sales money. 

And, as mentioned by a previous poster, Chris is getting lots of free travel perks through TLC. He's  "myman" with a plan for his future. 

Separate bank accounts are not uncommon with younger married couples. Both my daughter and son who are married have separate bank accounts from their spouses. At first my husband and I were a little weirded out about this but as we talked to other people our age we heard that their married children were doing the same thing...but I think in this case, Amy probably has more money then Chris. 

• Like 5
(edited)

I don’t know exactly what he’s doing or what his plan is; but I’m starting to get this sickening feeling that Chris is somehow out to con Amy out of finances.  It’s the only explanation I can fathom why any man would put up with her sour puss, bullying attitude.  I’m no Amy fan, but I do think she’s pretty savvy financially so I think she’ll catch on and he’ll be outted.

Edited by jnymph
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
23 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Right??? That beautiful dog is ignored for the most part. Zach borders on animal abuse when he interacts with him and Tori just outright ignores him and she was the one that threatened to withhold sex from Zach unless he agreed to get another Bernese Mountain dog. 

Let's get a dog and then ignore him! Let's have two more kids and ignore them! The ZIT logic will never make sense. 

• Like 8

Y’all      Yall.  Amy is doing tk tok live right now.   And she is eating whilst talking      I can’t   I can not

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, dariafan said:

Y’all      Yall.  Amy is doing tk tok live right now.   And she is eating whilst talking      I can’t   I can not

I have misophonia and that’s a big no thank you from me. Yuck. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
I was missing a letter
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have misophonia and that’s a big no thank you from me. Yuck. 

I suffer from misophonia too. As well as misokinesia.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 4/6/2024 at 6:14 PM, dariafan said:

Link?  (if possible; I'm not Tik-Tok savvy.  isn't that for singing and dancing, LOL)

• Like 1
On 4/7/2024 at 8:33 PM, Dibs said:

Link?  (if possible; I'm not Tik-Tok savvy.  isn't that for singing and dancing, LOL)

Oh not at all !  There is fundy snark.  And pets ( I follow a cat who has to have her cartoons on everyday ).  Learn how to do crafts.            So Sorry. Not the live.  But here is a little gift for you ..https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLDfGmAq/

(edited)

Caryn is creeping closer to revealing her true feelings about Amy, but still maintaining dignity. And she shows insight into mistakes she made with ZiT. Sad that they were all so close until  the farm purchase fiasco and then ZiT turned on the emotional blackmail with kids. Caryn would treat Lilah better than ZiT do.

And Amy, fess up. You went to Jacob behind Matt's back to do your dirty work. What a petty woman you are. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

I like how Chris handled the issue with items being moved without Matt being aware. He listened to Matt & Caryn complaining about it, sympathized with them but did not tear down Amy in the process. Talked with Amy about it off-camera to get her side of the story. Then when they saw Matt & Caryn again, backed up Amy who said that she didn’t tell anyone to move anything. That’s good husband behavior!

And I believe that Amy probably talked to Jacob and said something like, “man we need x, y, and z moved out. I hope your dad gets this done soon!” Doubtful that she would provide a list and request Matt’s employees to do a job for her. 

• Like 7
16 hours ago, dariafan said:

But here is a little gift for you

So that's where she's posting her cooking videos these days.  She hasn't posted on Facebook since last October.  I think those muffins were a mess.  Peanut butter, bananas, chocolate chips, and all those peanuts on top.....too much!

She really needs to do something with her hair.  

• Like 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Then when they saw Matt & Caryn again, backed up Amy who said that she didn’t tell anyone to move anything. That’s good husband behavior!

Or maybe he is just scared to piss off Amy for fear of her turning on him with her venom much like she still does with Matt. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

It's so sad. Matt and Caryn used to be so close to the kids. I remember one time Jackson was so excited to see Caryn and was running towards her yelling "Cha Cha!!!" :) I don't know what happened at that meeting that was so horrible that a year or year and a half later they still aren't on good terms.

And Lilah not getting speech therapy or physical therapy is despicable on Zach and Tori's part! Doesn't one's insurance usually cover stuff like that?

• Like 3
6 hours ago, SDVegas said:

I like how Chris handled the issue with items being moved without Matt being aware. He listened to Matt & Caryn complaining about it, sympathized with them but did not tear down Amy in the process. Talked with Amy about it off-camera to get her side of the story. Then when they saw Matt & Caryn again, backed up Amy who said that she didn’t tell anyone to move anything. That’s good husband behavior!

And I believe that Amy probably talked to Jacob and said something like, “man we need x, y, and z moved out. I hope your dad gets this done soon!” Doubtful that she would provide a list and request Matt’s employees to do a job for her. 

I agree...Jacob decided to start the clean up and didn't consult Matt or Caryn on what should be done. 

2 hours ago, applewood said:

It's so sad. Matt and Caryn used to be so close to the kids. I remember one time Jackson was so excited to see Caryn and was running towards her yelling "Cha Cha!!!" :) I don't know what happened at that meeting that was so horrible that a year or year and a half later they still aren't on good terms.

And Lilah not getting speech therapy or physical therapy is despicable on Zach and Tori's part! Doesn't one's insurance usually cover stuff like that?

It should. She should have gone to preschool when she turned three. She's already behind other children her age.

• Like 2

I think it's horrible Jackson,  and the other kids,  are deprived of seeing Grandpa and Cha-cha.  Zac should at least bring Jackson to the fundraiser.    And I feel bad that Matt doesn't get to interact with him.  And play on the farm with him.   Life is short,  get over it and spend time with your whole family.   Zac and Tori are assholes.     Excuse my language.

And I'm definitely not a doctor so I could be wrong,  but Jackson's legs look worse than ever.   He's walking on the outside of his feet.   I would be demanding the Doctors  do surgery.   I cringe when I see him running.  Kids are going to make fun of that too as well as his dwarfism.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

Matt really came off looking like an ass (more so than usual). When he was accusing Amy of ordering his workers around, I wondered how in the world she would come onto his property, gather his workers, and give them orders on what to do, all with Matt not knowing. Not likely.

It totally made sense that she mentioned what needed to be done to Jacob, and he took it upon himself to do what he thought was needed.

I also don't understand why Matt just didn't ask his workers where they put stuff? Or Caryn ask where the stuff for the basket was moved to? Easier to complain on camera like they are helpless on their own property, and act like the workers are going rogue.

I loved Chris standing up for Amy in front on Matt. Seems like he maybe has finally seem Matt's MO, as in nothing is ever his fault. And if at all possible, it is Amy's fault. 

I was shocked to see Tori actually giving affection to poor Murphy this episode. Even the kids ignore the poor dog which is just bizarre to me. #FreeMurphy indeed. 

• Like 8
28 minutes ago, suev3333 said:

I think it's horrible Jackson,  and the other kids,  are deprived of seeing Grandpa and Cha-cha.  Zac should at least bring Jackson to the fundraiser. 

Zach doesn't dare do this or he would suffer the wrath of Tori. It would be nice if he could man up and tell Tori look I'm taking the kids to the farm. You are welcome to come but if you don't want to come then we will go without you.  I just don't see this happening.  

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I wondered how in the world she would come onto his property, gather his workers, and give them orders on what to do, all with Matt not knowing. Not likely.

It totally made sense that she mentioned what needed to be done to Jacob, and he took it upon himself to do what he thought was needed.

She didn't need to go on the property and give orders to the workers hired by Matt. She most likely said to Jacob, get this stuff of of the barn. Your dad is dragging his feet and it needs to be gone. She is more than willing to throw Jacob under the bus for what she wanted. But Matt and Caryn are wise to her ways.  All Amy has done so far is to stand around and point fingers and issue orders about what needs to be done. I am sure that she will be there at the fundraiser taking credit for the entire event. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Zach doesn't dare do this or he would suffer the wrath of Tori. It would be nice if he could man up and tell Tori look I'm taking the kids to the farm. You are welcome to come but if you don't want to come then we will go without you.  I just don't see this happening.  

She wouldn't even have to "argue with him".  She would simply give him A LOOK😃and that would end the discussion.  The issue with Tori (as with "alll control freaks) is that she has to "run the show."  If you assert yourself to her, she shuts you right down with a sarcasm or direct insult and the convo is closed. 

There are couples who have long-standing marriages in my family whose dynamic is exactly as I describe.  For them, it's normal.  Zach knows he can have his "perks" (like that workshop and his beautiful kids) with Tori as his wife but he can only go "so far" with bridging the gap with his family or he will face consequences he is not prepared to face.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1

For me this was just a as fake as touring the vineyard property. Production is driving the train. Chris couldn't contain his smile waiting to recite his lines. It's as bad as where was poor Jacob when he was there off camera in that fire pit episode.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, suev3333 said:

I think it's horrible Jackson,  and the other kids,  are deprived of seeing Grandpa and Cha-cha.  Zac should at least bring Jackson to the fundraiser.    And I feel bad that Matt doesn't get to interact with him.  And play on the farm with him.   Life is short,  get over it and spend time with your whole family.   Zac and Tori are assholes.     Excuse my language.

And I'm definitely not a doctor so I could be wrong,  but Jackson's legs look worse than ever.   He's walking on the outside of his feet.   I would be demanding the Doctors  do surgery.   I cringe when I see him running.  Kids are going to make fun of that too as well as his dwarfism.

I so agree with everything you've said. It seems that Jeremy and family are staying away as well. I know Zach was hurt by Matt and in retrospect he should have not have had Caryn there. She wasn't his wife or even engaged to Matt and had no standing in the family except as "Dad's girlfriend"...you know the one Dad was with when he was still married to MOM! I do see why Zach is still upset with Matt...all those years Matt was yapping about leaving the farm to the kids and keeping it in the family for as long as possible and then he decides..."never mind!" And Matt will never own up to pulling a fast one on his sons. However...Zach needs to understand that his father is not the kind of guy to say he's sorry and admit any kind of wrong doing. It's just not in his make up. Having said all that...Zach and Tori have moved on and seem to be settling into life in another state. Maybe in time they can reconcile and go to the farm once or twice a year. Both Zach and Matt seem hard headed.

I agree with Amy though...having the house as an ARBNB and having random people come in there and dirty it up and break appliances and cookware seems kind of disrespectful and sad. Matt got greedy and thought he could sell the farm in a matter of days...NOT! Now he's stuck with a big house and can't unload it. 

As for Jackson...Zach and tori seem to be in a total state of denial about his legs. The bowing of his legs and the pressure on his feet which now seem disfigured seems to not compute with them. If he goes to a Christian School it might be easier for him... I think he will have a very rough time in a regular public school.

• Like 5

Amy doesn't own any piece of the farm. Her even speaking to Jacob about cleaning anything was wrong. Like said above, good job throwing Jacob under the bus. Lilah now reminds me of Jacob in his early years on the farm- mostly invisible. Sad.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I agree with Amy though...having the house as an ARBNB and having random people come in there and dirty it up and break appliances and cookware seems kind of disrespectful and sad. Matt got greedy and thought he could sell the farm in a matter of days...NOT! Now he's stuck with a big house and can't unload it. 

The house is a lot cleaner and well-maintained as an Air B&B than it ever was when Amy lived there.

IMO, since Matt bought out Amy's interest in the farm, she has no more say than anyone else as to having Matt's things moved without permission.  I assume Matt is DONATING the use of the farm property for the charity event.  That makes moving things without permission even more egregious. 

Maybe if Amy had provided that list that Matt and Caryn asked for, Matt would have had the moving done on time.  If he knew what the time was.  LOL.  "The time" to clean stuff up was when Amy wanted it done.  And she apparently didn't communicate that clearly to Matt.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Matt really came off looking like an ass (more so than usual). When he was accusing Amy of ordering his workers around, I wondered how in the world she would come onto his property, gather his workers, and give them orders on what to do, all with Matt not knowing. Not likely.

I also don't understand why Matt just didn't ask his workers where they put stuff? Or Caryn ask where the stuff for the basket was moved to? Easier to complain on camera like they are helpless on their own property, and act like the workers are going rogue.

I loved Chris standing up for Amy in front on Matt. Seems like he maybe has finally seen Matt's MO, as in nothing is ever his fault. And if at all possible, it is Amy's fault. 

I was shocked to see Tori actually giving affection to poor Murphy this episode. Even the kids ignore the poor dog which is just bizarre to me. #FreeMurphy indeed. 

• Like 2

I am sure that Matt is donating the use of his farm and barn for the fundraiser. Amy had no business telling the workers or Jacob what to move out of the barn. Like another poster mentioned Amy no longer owns any part of the farm.  Amy is very disorganized and did not give Caryn and Matt the agenda that they asked for of when things needed to get done. So she panicked and told someone to move the items out of the barn. Whether it was Jacob or the workers this has Amy's finger prints all over it. The workers would not have done it on their own. As for Chris standing up to Matt please. He is simply afraid of Amy. He knows if he doesn't go along with her on this he will pay for it.  

Amy is just showing her true colors. She is a bitter nasty woman. Hopefully Matt will learn a lesson about dealing with Amy from now on sort of like he has with dealing with ZIT.  Just get on with his life and let Amy and ZIT stew in their own juices. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/3/2024 at 6:52 AM, jnymph said:

Ugh. I was so irritated when Amy tried to force feed Caryn the croissant.  🙄😡  Poor Caryn, she should have flung it at her. LOL

I feel Amy has an unhealthy relationship with food.

That was awful, the little general forcing someone to eat two chocolate croissants.  

Spoiler

Did anyone see Amy on her IG trying to get rid of the last of her books say this season is probably the last?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

also don't understand why Matt just didn't ask his workers where they put stuff? Or Caryn ask where the stuff for the basket was moved to? Easier to complain on camera like they are helpless on their own property, and act like the workers are going rogue.

I loved Chris standing up for Amy in front on Matt. Seems like he maybe has finally seen Matt's MO, as in nothing is ever his fault. And if at all possible, it is Amy's fault. 

It’s all scripted to create some drama for the show.   

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
22 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I think he will have a very rough time in a regular public school.

I doubt their 3 kids will ever go to a public school.  The same applies to the Klein kids from the erstwhile "The Little Couple."  Those kids also attend a religious school.

• Like 2
On 4/3/2024 at 11:50 AM, Dibs said:

Caryn is extremely agreeable and does her best to get along with everyone and promote peace.  That's why ZiT's implied accusation that she did or said something horrific in that meeting is laughable.

He felt she had no business being at the meeting let alone putting her 2 cents in. 
As mother in law  myself I would not give my unsolicited opinion on how the parents should approach their kids dwarfism. 

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

As mother in law  myself I would not give my unsolicited opinion on how the parents should approach their kids dwarfism. 

Who gave unsolicited advice on how the parents should approach the kids dwarfism? When did this occur?  I'm confused about this statement. 

• Like 5

My two cents:

It doesn't matter that Amy talked to her son about clearing out the barn because in this instance, her son is Matt's employee. She talked to Matt's employee about moving things out of the barn and that was overstepping.

Amy is splitting hairs.

A parent doesn't get to give directions at a child's place of employment unless they are the boss. Amy is no longer in charge of the farm and she has no say.

And I don't believe it was mother son small talk.

She gave instruction to Matt's employee to do work.

Just own it.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
(edited)

In the talking head scene near the end of the show when Matt and Amy were sitting together Matt said that Amy called him the night before and apologized. She said I want it clear that I didn't do what Matt said I did in the way he said . So she pretty much admitted to giving orders to someone to move Matt's stuff out of the barn but not to his workers.  She couldn't bring herself to just give an a straight up apology without putting conditions on it. And then she turned the tables on Matt and said you never apologize or something along those lines. My guess is that Jacob fessed up to Matt that Amy told him what to move and he did it. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 10
(edited)
On 4/10/2024 at 2:10 PM, applewood said:

Lilah not getting speech therapy or physical therapy is despicable on Zach and Tori's part! Doesn't one's insurance usually cover stuff like that?

As best I can determine this show was filmed at the beginning of summer in 2023. Lylah would have been 31/2 by then., She is almost nonverbal. She held up her bathing suit to communicate to Zach that she wanted to go in the pool. All Zach and Tori did was bark at her no you are not going swimming now. How much longer are they going to put off getting Lylah evaluated for her lack of verbal communication?   Yes Tori posts beautiful pictures and posts about Lylah but the way she is ignored and treated by them on the show is heartbreaking. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
(edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 9:00 PM, athousandclowns said:

He felt she had no business being at the meeting let alone putting her 2 cents in. 

Yet it was Caryn's "business" to be practically raising those kids for ZiT when it was convenient and I'm sure her "2 cents" were more than welcome as long as they were supportive of them getting the farm one day.  Either she's involved or she isn't.  They can't have it both ways.

Also, Amy SO told Jacob to order Matt's "guys" to move that stuff.  She might have even directed that it be taken to the county dump!  And what was that bit about Zack bringing his trash to the farm???  Then to deny/lie about the whole thing and involve Jacob and Chris in her deception, besides.  What a snake she is!

I continue to be impressed by Matt's class and restraint when dealing with both Amy and Zach and their pettiness, nonsense and shenanigans.  I'm beginning to think he really must be a great man, and thank goodness he finally found a woman who appreciates him!

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
On 4/10/2024 at 1:10 PM, applewood said:

Topic has been coveted a bit @applewood, but since it makes me crazy, I'll respond. 

There are many trained and certified speech pathologists in Washington. Some accept insurance, others may not.

Since Lilah is 3, she would qualify to receive FREE  therapy services through the public school system (even if she is not a student at the school). She would need an IEP, but the school would handle everything. 

ZiT are neglecting her, and it is a huge bone of contention on this site.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
(edited)

At what point, if any, does ZiT's neglect of both Jackson's leg deformation and Lilah's speech delay/eyes become "actionable," or could they theoretically spend their whole childhoods not having these issued addressed?  I would think at some point SOMEONE would step in to help...

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Harry Wails said:

it's easy to see where Zach get's his ungrateful jackass personality from, his mother!

The crab apple didn't fall far from the tree with those two.

Ultimately from Amy's father.  Must be a dominant gene!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 2:32 PM, Harry Wails said:

it's easy to see where Zach get's his ungrateful jackass personality from, his mother!

The crab apple didn't fall far from the tree with those two.

You can't get any closer to a clone than Zack. He IS his mother. Except Amy doesn't pick her face and examine the debris when filmed for the talking heads.

Edited by Jst2Wld
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Well so much for Miss I'm running the show. Amy shows up right before the event is supposed to start with a box of white wine that is not chilled. She is running around getting nothing accomplished.  Babe is MIA with items for the silent auction. Guests are arriving. If it weren't for Deb, Caryn and and Caryn's parents this shindig would be a bust. BTW where is May West? I cannot understand why they would wait until one hour before the event is to start to set up the tables and games. They should have hired an event planner.  

• Like 9

Amy has a reputation for being disorganized and clueless about timelines, but TLC ahead to have some manufactured drama.  That event would have been setup and completely ready in a few hours if managed by any non TV people.  But we as an audience were tortured with WEEKS of talk and inaction over something that should have been 2 partial episodes worth of air time.  I’ve planned and executed several PTO events- food, games, entertainment, awards - for 150 guests with a committee of 3-5 people in 3 weeks’ turnaround time. It isn’t that hard if everyone pitches in and tasks are assigned.  That event should have been set with tablecloths, auction stuff, chairs, games laid out THE DAY BEFORE! Normal fundraising things don’t start cleaning stuff 3 hours prior to show time. The only stuff that is as last minute as possible is food. Amy should be embarrassed and kissing Deb, Matt and Caryn’s butts for doing all the work she was in charge of. She is a bad friend.

Tori asked the question I have been asking about that workshop…why do they need a 2nd house sized building?  Do the kids not have a playroom in the main house?  Zach and Tori both need “offices”…for what?  The social media and kids schedule stuff they do can be done from a laptop at their kitchen table. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Just wanted to mention that one of the few highlights for me with this show is Daisy the dog. Besides being adorable looking I love seeing her running through a scene tail always wagging just living her best life staying the hell away from Amy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Bonus scene: Amy calling Chris a "weirdo" for not wanting to eat her chocolate cake.  This after practically force-feeding poor Caryn that second chocolate croissant last week.  What is her deal?  Such a control freak!

11 minutes ago, OLynn33 said:

Just wanted to mention that one of the few highlights for me with this show is Daisy the dog. Besides being adorable looking I love seeing her running through a scene tail always wagging just living her best life staying the hell away from Amy.

I've noticed on several episodes now Amy wanting to keep Daisy on leash at the farm while Chris has to advocate for her to be allowed to run free for a short while.  Again, such a control freak!

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1