Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

I’m glad for Zach and his family that his medical crisis turned out well. But I don’t understand how Zach, his wife , his parents, his siblings and his doctors weren’t aware of how old Zach’s shunt was., or that it was past it’s expected life span.. 

As a little person with serious health issues and his surgical history, I would think Zach would have regular doctor visits, no?  And during one of those appointments why wouldn’t the subject of painful, debilitating migraines come up? And wouldn’t any medical person in the room with access to his chart (or you know, a tv or working eyes for the past 20 years) put 2 & 2 together and tap in to the idea that a guy with a 2-4-7-12-16 year old medical device in his brain, (you know, where the  excruciating pain is) that is approaching its past due date <<just might possibly>> be a vital factor in Zach’s discomfort? 

Matt’s new house is ginormous!  It looked like it was the length of a football field.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

As a little person with serious health issues and his surgical history, I would think Zach would have regular doctor visits, no?

That was bonkers. The whole thing was. And Tori's comment that it wasn't until his heart rate dropped that he "jumped the line?" I mean excruciating headache and you're puking screams front of the line to me even without the fact that he HAS A MEDICAL DEVICE IN HIS BRAIN. Hopefully this was a wakeup call. Seems like it was when he kept talking about being a dad. Maybe find some new doctors. I was shocked when Matt mentioned he's been have problems for the last 4 years. 

Matt's house is huge but it's one level too. So if you stacked it into floors it wouldn't be as long but ya still huge. Lol

• Like 6

I thought that Zach and Tori were leaving the show. I didn't watch last night. I forgot that it was on.  If the emphasis of LPBW this season is on Z&T I will not watch. 

• Like 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I thought that Zach and Tori were leaving the show. I didn't watch last night. I forgot that it was on.  If the emphasis of LPBW this season is on Z&T I will not watch. 

Amy posted about the surgery that is included in last night’s episode in February 2023. Filming and airing are a year behind. I have no clue if they are currently still involved with the show. 

277DC79E-80D5-4DF1-B5D1-1BA9B7EA214E.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
Edited to add the post.
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

LPBW is a show I discovered and binge watched all epis early covid. It's such a sh**show (still). One thing I'm thrilled about, now Tori has knowledge about Zach's shunt "in her back pocket", all will be better if new medical problems arise. Also "in her back pocket" are ways to help Lilah's language development which still must be in her pocket because Lilah seems to have very delayed speech development both in terms of language and articulation. Please get her to a speech pathologist now. They can work wonders. 

• Like 8

Zach’s refusal to maintain the status of his shunt with a doctor seems bizarre. Then playing it up as if it was inevitable was odd. Were there years he didn’t have health insurance?  Didn’t they mention the shunt when he had back pain?  More reasons I cannot tolerate that couple.  

I don’t dislike Amy per se, but all the bragging about how she was available to drop everything to go to Zach’s aid seemed off.  Of course a parent does that.  Matt would have done it too.  Probably, Tori’s family too.  I mean she’s not the only person who would have helped care for the kids in a medical emergency.  It just went on and on…..please.  

What did you think of Matt’s announcement at the end? Lol

• Like 8

I think it was genuine on Karen's part to suggest this to Matt. if Matt dies first it is highly unlikely that she would want any part of the farm. She would want to go to Arizona and live away from the bitter Roloffs.  But if I were Matt I would leave whatever part of the farm that was left to the 4 kids not Amy. Amy most likely will  just deed it over to Zach. If Zach wants the farm let him buy out the others. Or they could sell it and split the proceeds evenly. No matter what Matt does Amy will find fault and bitch and complain that it was enough.   

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I think it was genuine on Karen's part to suggest this to Matt. if Matt dies first it is highly unlikely that she would want any part of the farm. She would want to go to Arizona and live away from the bitter Roloffs.  But if I were Matt I would leave whatever part of the farm that was left to the 4 kids not Amy. Amy most likely will  just deed it over to Zach. If Zach wants the farm let him buy out the others. Or they could sell it and split the proceeds evenly. No matter what Matt does Amy will find fault and bitch and complain that it was enough.   

It reminds me of the saying, Be careful what you wish for.  If Amy were to hand the property to just Zach, then how would she justify it to the other three kids?  The same dilemma Matt had at selling to Zach at a low price, when the other kids would get nothing.  So……idk. It’s really a non-issue for me now.  Zach would have zero ability to maintain the property, imo.  He doesn’t seem very with it.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I get Amy being suspicious of Matt's proposed offer, but she brought such a negative vibe with her reaction. I've never had to "move on" from a bad relationship, so it's  hard for me to have empathy, but she didn't handle the information well. It makes perfect sense that the farm should stay in the OG Roloff family, Karen was wise to suggest it. Who would want to stay where they are disliked?

• Like 5

I was shaking my head.  Amy didn't like the new decor of the farmhouse, because it didn't look "lived in."  Then they showed a past scene of her walking into the twins' bedroom . . . no actual floor showing because of the piles of crap, and no sheets on the beds.

I'll take "lived in" rather than filthy any day.

Her new house is much tidier.  I'm thinking Chris has told her that he will not live in a pigsty.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Her new house is much tidier.  I'm thinking Chris has told her that he will not live in a pigsty.

I'm assuming they have a cleaning service coming in every week.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
53 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I'm assuming they have a cleaning service coming in every week.

She has said in her videos that she has a housekeeper. No clue how often but if it’s the same day she does her cooking videos, I’d quit!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I was shocked about the years of monthly “migraines”  with no follow through too. Geez.  I remember him having to go to doctor before being very sick. . Yep time for new doctor.  
It caused was me to have a nightmare about my son whose has had many bouts of traumatic medical issues and hospital stays. I dreamt my son was in the hospital and I forced myself awake but couldn’t go back to sleep. Normally when I do this I lay there and think of all the failings in my life but this morning I realized how I was beside his side and being his advocate from birth to now at 50  ( he’s also  hard of hearing) He has a lovely wife and 2 grade school boys but I’m the one whose is  at the hospital 6-7 hours.   Can’t turn off that mother worry  just because he’s grown. They’re idiots not to have pushed the issue before this. 

• Hugs 8
(edited)
On 2/18/2024 at 4:44 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Jer, Auj and their kids stayed at the big farm house and celebrated Christmas there, I wonder if Matt let them stay for free?

Matt DID say family could stay for free, to which Amy snapped, "Are you high???" (which became the episode title).  "I can't see any of my kids wanting to do that!" she went on to grumble in her talking head.  Guess she can't see past the nose she cuts off to spite her face?

As for dumb Zach and Tori, if "the lifespan of a shunt is 2-15 years," maybe you shouldn't go 16 years before proactively replacing it?  I mean...

Amy, typical of hoarders, practically had a panic attack when Matt offered to hire an organizer to help her declutter at one point (I seem to recall the basement was packed to the rafters and unnavigable).  Of course Matt was the bad guy, as usual, for suggesting it, and nothing was done; same as whenever he tried to discipline the kids; no wonder he gave up!  I suspect a regular cleaning service was written into the prenup for Chris, as his neatness versus her messiness was a sticking point in his moving in, and they've mentioned that they're still "working on that."

Jackson's legs don't look any better, and Lilah Rae is still not talking.  "Tori's back pocket" is now going to save Zach's future shunt issues?

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 7
(edited)
On 2/22/2024 at 7:50 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Zach’s refusal to maintain the status of his shunt with a doctor seems bizarre. Then playing it up as if it was inevitable was odd. Were there years he didn’t have health insurance?  Didn’t they mention the shunt when he had back pain?  More reasons I cannot tolerate that couple.  

I don’t dislike Amy per se, but all the bragging about how she was available to drop everything to go to Zach’s aid seemed off.  Of course a parent does that.  Matt would have done it too.  Probably, Tori’s family too.  I mean she’s not the only person who would have helped care for the kids in a medical emergency.  It just went on and on…..please.  

What did you think of Matt’s announcement at the end? Lol

"It went on and on" because it was a way to rub it in Matt and Caryn's faces that they're no longer the preferred go-to babysitters they once were, but now Amy is head G'ma in charge.  ZiT were actually just as rude and unfair to Amy back in the day, obviously favoring M&C, as they now are to them.  Chris even said, "You just love being Numero Uno now, don't you?"

Matt's foundation is huge because it's not only a large house all on one floor, but is also covered parking for his van, mules, cars, etc.  It's his final house; his dream house.  And why not?  Heaven knows he worked hard enough for it!

So is Matt now not planning to sell the farm, or is this contingency just in the event that he dies before it sells?  Genius!  If it stays in the family, no one can be mad at him anymore.  Let Amy listen to ZiT whine and moan and withhold the kids as punishment from her, for a change, and also placate the other three adult children.  Haha!  And maybe it'll let his buddy Chris live on the farm at some point, which is HIS "life's dream."

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Dibs said:

"Tori's back pocket" is now going to save Zach's future shunt issues?

Yep @Dibs on everything you wrote. I remember the organizer episode, Amy couldn't handle it. Matt was right about it being needed, but handled it wrong. And if Zach (and the 3 kids) are relying on Tori's "back pocket", they are doomed. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, BAForever said:

I remember the organizer episode, Amy couldn't handle it. Matt was right about it being needed, but handled it wrong.

There's no "right way" to handle it with a hoarder or a control freak, and Amy is both.  Where Chris played it smart was refusing to move in UNTIL he got the housekeeper secured!

I remember she also had stank face and ingratitude when Matt gifted her with a trip back to where they honeymooned (?) and the chance to shadow both a chef and an BnB owner, both of which careers she supposedly aspired to.  I think that was Matt's last attempt to save the marriage.

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, Dibs said:

I think that was Matt's last attempt to save the marriage.

I guess it worked out well for both of them. Stankface got Chris and Matt is marrying Caren. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I guess it worked out well for both of them. Stankface got Chris and Matt is marrying Caren. 

Yes, they're both much happier and better off, so hopefully Amy is done with being bitter and hateful about it...  Hope springs eternal!

• Like 5
(edited)

I'm going to buy a BIG bag of popcorn to enjoy while watching Jeremy and Audrey and Zach and Tori trying to worm their ways back into Amy's good graces, now that they think she'll outlive Matt and the farm will be hers someday.

And Amy may begin to understand just how much those kids want for doing nothing.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Zach and Tori have already done that since they discovered that ostracizing Matt and Caryn also meant losing their "support system" (built-in 24/7 babysitters).  Suddenly Amy, who was yesterday's dog's dinner before (when they were worming their way into farm owner Matt's good graces), is the best grandma ever!  They seldom if ever asked her to babysit then; she didn't even know where Jackson's stuff was or what he needed when it came time to pack an overnight bag for him; "Cha-Cha" had to come to the rescue.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Thankfully, ZiT have Jackson! Jackson who helps Lilah bowl and tells her what to do and not do at dance. Jackson who knew Zach shouldn't bowl yet since the ball weighed over 10 pounds. Maybe if Jackson told them to look into help for Lilah's speech, they'd listen. I think it was Zach who said how great it was for Jackson to bowl. Lilah was there too, you morons. Not a speech expert, but long time preK teacher here, Lilah was babbling. At her age, she should be speaking in complete sentences. 

I hate watch this show.

• Like 11

I enjoy seeing Matt and Caryn together.  They seem very comfortable with each other. I have never seen Caryn snipe and pick at things the way that Amy did with Matt and to some extent with Chris. With Amy, Matt has to walk on eggshells and Chris has to put up with her or suffer her wrath. 

The bowling alley scene with Jackson telling everyone what to do and Tori encouraging him was hard to watch.  Lilah was dancing around before class and  Jackson was giving her instructions on how to twirl. Neither parent said anything encouraging to Lilah they just watched her fall twice.  And of course mom of the year Tori had to tell everyone that Lilah peed her pants at dance class. 

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 4
(edited)

Too bad Jackson didn't know Zach's shunt was at least one year past its maximum expiration date (a fact Zach admits he "wasn't super-aware of"); he could've reminded him to have it changed out!  But you'd think at least Amy would've remembered that.  Apparently Matt tried suggesting that was the problem, but as usual no one listened to him...

I love how Amy was "jealous" of the new dog cozying up to Chris in her absence in the bonus scene.  Never change, Amy!

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

And of course mom of the year Tori had to tell everyone that Lilah peed her pants at dance class. 

I wish Lilah would take a crap on Tori’s head. What a worthless mother Tori is.  

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

I wish Lilah would take a crap on Tori’s head. What a worthless mother Tori is.  

There was a recent clip of Lilah carrying a stool out a glass storm door and tripping and falling on the throw rug that was in front of it.  The legs of the stool hit the metal door, missing that plate glass by about 1/4".  All Tori could say is, "That kid is an actual wrecking ball."  Does she have any idea how close to tragedy that poor little girl came?

It'll be a miracle if Lilah lives long enough to speak clearly!

Then what will she say?

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 6
  • Sad 8

So far the show is boring.  ZiT is a snooze fest.  Jackson is a bossy obnoxious kid and they just let him rule the roost.  Nothing changes ZiT are still angry and bitter.  I love how Zach said they are distancing themselves from their families, real nice.  Just remember to keep Amy on speed dial for babysitting duties.  

• Like 8
  • Wink 1

Letting those kids wander around a second story construction site made me so anxious. At one point, Zach left Jackson alone up there when he went to rescue Lilah from the mud. Then Tori was taking pictures of the kids leaning out the window cutouts. Yikes.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Cancun said:

Letting those kids wander around a second story construction site made me so anxious. At one point, Zach left Jackson alone up there when he went to rescue Lilah from the mud. Then Tori was taking pictures of the kids leaning out the window cutouts. Yikes.

I had forgotten about that part @Cancun. Reminds me of way back when Zach and Jer were younger and driving big machinery and doing other careless/reckless things on the farm. 

• Like 4

Of course.  Tori has to constantly photograph and videotape the kids for her "influencer" job - she probably even encouraged them to hang out the windows - but I guess that's better than having TLC exploit them.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Dibs said:

All Tori could say is, "That kid is an actual wrecking ball."  Does she have any idea how close to tragedy that poor little girl came?

I think the PRINCIPAL REASON they are leaving the show (voluntarily or not) is to avoid having the viewing public comment on their parenting skills (or lack of same).

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
2 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I think the PRINCIPAL REASON they are leaving the show (voluntarily or not) is to avoid having the viewing public comment on their parenting skills (or lack of same).

Too late.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Except that it will still be on constant display due to Tori's compulsion to videotape and photograph every minute of those kids' lives for social media "likes."  The only difference will be that she can selectively edit out the negative comments on her own sites.

And that's assuming "the decision to leave" was really theirs.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
21 hours ago, BAForever said:

Letting those kids wander around a second story construction site made me so anxious.

I felt the same way when I saw Tori make a fuss about Josiah WALKING ALONE on that flimsy "bridge" over that stream of running water.  I literally CRINGED!  OMG!  In one split SECOND that little guy could be falling into the running water!  

• Like 4
On 2/28/2024 at 7:45 AM, 65mickey said:

And of course mom of the year Tori had to tell everyone that Lilah peed her pants at dance class.

Which was after Lilah told her she had to go to the bathroom and Tori ignored her.

The producers vastly over estimate my desire to hear everything going on in Zach & Tori world.

And I will never say a word about what women do when they gather together after seeing and hearing Matt and his two buddies and Chris the fourth wheel discussions.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Chris seems to enjoy his time with Matt and the other guys way more than when he is with Amy.  With Amy he always looks a little nervous and guarded about what he says probably because he knows at any time she will blow a gasket about some perceived slight. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Chris seems to enjoy his time with Matt and the other guys way more than when he is with Amy.  With Amy he always looks a little nervous and guarded about what he says probably because he knows at any time she will blow a gasket about some perceived slight. 

...like shutting a cupboard door that she's left open, apparently, even after all these years of knowing that drives him (and Matt) crazy!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I stopped watching years ago. So please forgive this question.   Has Amy ever been happy ?

If she has, that scene didn't make it to the TV show.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, dariafan said:

I stopped watching years ago. So please forgive this question.   Has Amy ever been happy ?

This is probably the happiest Amy has ever been, but she still can't quit 'er bitchin'...

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 3/1/2024 at 5:36 AM, 65mickey said:

Oh I'm sure THAT is going to happen one of these days soon. It will have an entire season of episodes where Amy goes ballistic on myMan.

Maybe it will happen before, during or after Matt and Caryn’s wedding. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1