Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

Let’s face it without the constant grousing about the farm there would be no drama or storyline.  So they will prolong it until the wheels fall off.

6 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

OMG, I am dying laughing right now.  I just saw a preview of the next episode.  Have you guys seen it?  Is it considered a spoiler to talk about it?  I don't think it is but I will keep it vague.  Basically, long story short, Matt makes a grand announcement about the house and Amy; sitting there in her scarecrow costume, exclaims in the most deadpan of ways "you have got to be high!"  OMG.  Dying.  Too funny. 

That’s also the name of the episode.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Another week, another ho-hum episode. Zach and Tori go to a restaurant…fascinating! Is this really what LPBW has turned into? An hour of watching Tori bitch about Zach, Zach bitch about the farm, and Matt moving a rickety pirate ship? Oh brothers! Makes me long for the old episodes of Zach failing high school, Jeremy sleeping all day, and Matt renovating the house while Amy bitches about him spending money. 
On the plus side, I discovered a new drinking game: take a swig every time in this episode where Matt says “Pivot” and Z/T say “Date Night.”

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

OMG, I am dying laughing right now.  I just saw a preview of the next episode.  Have you guys seen it?  Is it considered a spoiler to talk about it?  I don't think it is but I will keep it vague. 

Only preview I saw was Lilah getting a face full of (probably) cold water while kayaking and everyone laughing at her tears. Hope she writes a tell-all in 20 years. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, BAForever said:

We've done 4 or so vrbo rentals yearly the last few years. No way our group would ever rent a place like the farm. We want a lake or beach or huge amusement park close by. Plus restaurants, shops, etc close by. A place that big could serve more than one family and a swimming pool is always nice, but I think the number of possible renters may be small. Maybe a fame whore or two would add to the number. I know a few months ago, some tech savvy PrimeTimer found the rental site and it was pricy. 

I so agree! There is absoloutely nothing to do or see in that general area...it's not like it has  a huge attraction like a beach/beach community or a huge lake tucked away by some awesome mountains. It's just not a place where you could do much of anything outside of the farm and even then after a day or two you would want to go somewhere that's got something of interest. I read Matt is thinking of throwing in the oh so exciting chance to actually work on the farm if you rent the house!! How great is that?? LOL...also he's trying to coax Amy into giving any renters free cooking lessons. This guy just doesn't have a clue. I don't see why Amy should or would help Matt out by giving free cooking lessons...it's not like she owes him anything...or if he's even paying her for it.  

• Like 2

Why the hell should Zack even care about owning the farm?   He can't even take care of his teeny front yard!   It was all overgrown and weeds.   He could never handle the work even if it's just part of the farm.   Tori and Zack....get over it.   Grow up. Your parents won't be around forever.   I know this from experience and any disagreements we had are long forgotten.   And I miss my parents a lot.. .   Grudges are a stupid waste of time.    And then they refuse to even bring the kids to pumpkin season.  So selfish.  They're robbing those kids of so much fun and love from Grandpa Matt and Cha Cha.   And why do they have to film Zac while he's eating?   Ughhh....so gross.      ok....I'm done...

Happy New Year to all !🎉

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 11
5 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

LOL...also he's trying to coax Amy into giving any renters free cooking lessons. This guy just doesn't have a clue. I don't see why Amy should or would help Matt out by giving free cooking lessons...it's not like she owes him anything...or if he's even paying her for it.  

Cooking lessons from Amy?? Does he want to scare away potential renters?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I can't see the farm being a good place for short term rentals either. There's so many fun places to go. Why would people want to spend their money to go sit in the middle of nowhere. I don't think that the short term rental plan is going to work out as Matt planned.

I think that Matt is going to end up moving into the family home. I think that he's going to have to give up his dream of building a new house.

• Like 6

I'm thinking the same thing as Libby. The farm is not conducive to a family vacation unless they add in some activities for kids. And I can't see corporate groups going there. It seems like Matt jumped into something without thinking it through. He should have taken it off the market for awhile and reduced the price or moved back in and let Jacob have the DW. Isn't Jacob living in an RV on the farm and helping Matt? 

I have a hunch that Matt is building his dream house to please Caryn who said that she would never move into the farmhouse. She knows the fit that Amy would throw if she did. And Matt said that they are not going to get married until they have a place to live. 

• Like 2

I think that both Caryn and Amy need to stop.

Amy needs to come to terms with the fact that she sold her interest in the farm. It's Matt's to do with as he pleases. She needs to just stay out of it.

Caryn needs to grow up and get over herself. Too bad for her if she doesn't want to live in the farmhouse. If she wants to live with Matt on the farm, the farmhouse is available. It's ridiculous to make Matt build a house that he can't afford when there's a perfectly good house sitting there ready to move into.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
8 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

also he's trying to coax Amy into giving any renters free cooking lessons.

I must have missed that. When did he try to coax Amy into giving cooking lessons.

I think Matt is in desperation mode. I'm sure he thought there would be a bidding war when he put the house up for sale. When that failed he is trying to rent it out on short term rentals and thinks people will pay top dollar to stay at the world famous Rolloff Farm and sit around the house and stare at the walls for a few days.

Edited by b4pjoe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

That house is too big for two people, and I doubt that he's going to have success with short term rentals.  He needs to put it back on the market.  It may take a few months, but if the price is right, it will sell.....in time.

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

That house is too big for two people, and I doubt that he's going to have success with short term rentals.  He needs to put it back on the market.  It may take a few months, but if the price is right, it will sell.....in time.

And get rid of ALL of the dilapidated "attractions" that no one in their right mind would want.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
22 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

And get rid of ALL of the dilapidated "attractions" that no one in their right mind would want.

I wonder how they get insurance with all those hazards.  And I wonder if having a pool would make insuring a short term rental much more expensive.  All you need is one drowning or one broken neck from diving into the shallow end.

• Like 1

I'm positively shocked that people aren't clamoring to pay top dollar to sleep in the very room that The Famous Rolloff Brothers slept in.  Go figure. 

If things get any worse (which they will) maybe Matt & Audrey can team up for a Young Living / Rolloff Farms collab. 

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Libby said:

I think that both Caryn and Amy need to stop.

Amy needs to come to terms with the fact that she sold her interest in the farm. It's Matt's to do with as he pleases. She needs to just stay out of it.

Caryn needs to grow up and get over herself. Too bad for her if she doesn't want to live in the farmhouse. If she wants to live with Matt on the farm, the farmhouse is available. It's ridiculous to make Matt build a house that he can't afford when there's a perfectly good house sitting there ready to move into.

I actually think Zach/Tori (and maybe to a lesser extent Jerm) would have an even bigger problem with Caryn living in the farmhouse more than even Caryn or Amy have with Caryn living there.  I could just see Zit making Jackson storm over to announce they’re moving to the Moon 🌙 😂 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 12
Just now, Irate Panda said:

I actually Zach/Tori (and maybe to a lesser extent Jerm) would have an even bigger problem with Caryn living in the farmhouse more than even Caryn or Amy have with Caryn leaving there.  I could just see Zit making Jackson storm over to announce they’re moving to the Moon 🌙 😂 

They should release that as a pay per view. I would pay for it! 🤣

• LOL 3
27 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I'm positively shocked that people aren't clamoring to pay top dollar to sleep in the very room that The Famous Rolloff Brothers slept in.  Go figure. 

To make it authentic it should be mattresses tossed on the floor without sheets, surrounded by half-full Big Gulp cups.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

If we haven't actually SEEN it, we have seen her slowly, smoothly slither her way into Matt's business and then his heart. He allowed himself (she taught him?) to depend on her (isn't she pretty?) for too many business decisions and now he's confused.  Is HE the boss or is SHE?  She's one smart cookie...but maybe Matt is finally seeing the chicken-scratching in the dirt.  

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

If we haven't actually SEEN it, we have seen her slowly, smoothly slither her way into Matt's business and then his heart. He taught himself (she taught him?) to depend on her for too many business decisions and now he's confused.  Is HE the boss or is SHE?  She's one smart cookie...but maybe Matt is finally seeing the chicken-scratching in the dirt.  

I get the feeling that she is his dominatrix so manipulates him in that manner.

• Like 1
On 12/29/2022 at 12:23 PM, MrBuhBye said:
On 12/29/2022 at 12:10 PM, BAForever said:

a swimming pool is always nice,

Two to three months a year.  And they are pretty expensive to keep usable.

How hot does it get in Hillsboro Oregon?   The warm season lasts for 2.8 months, from June 24 to September 19, with an average daily high temperature above 76°F.      BRRRR, get out those sherpa Speedos.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

How hot does it get in Hillsboro Oregon?   The warm season lasts for 2.8 months, from June 24 to September 19, with an average daily high temperature above 76°F.      BRRRR, get out those sherpa Speedos.

No one wants shrinkage on vacation.

• LOL 6
On 12/29/2022 at 9:22 AM, tinderbox said:

I think it’s interesting that Amy doesn’t want to put in the middle of the “Matt situation” by her children, yet she places Chris in that spot all the time.  That said, I think Chris enjoys it.

Perhaps when we see Amy mentioning things she doesn't want to be involved in...it's because TLC allows her to voice her opinion (occasionally)--when STILL forcing her into uncomfortable "reality TV" situations.

I agree, Chris is a go-with-the-flow guy and does enjoy it.  He's probably a born leader/mediator.  TLC lucked out when Amy (whoever) found him.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I get the feeling that she is his dominatrix so manipulates him in that manner.

I appreciate where this is going....   Considering the pain and months of isolation during childhood/adult surgeries/procedures, this is not an impossible leap.    😇😇😇

• Like 1

I haven't been following the LPBW forums but have caught up over the last week. Looking back at this season (and the situations that created the current atmosphere), I have so many thoughts but some of them are contradictory. 

I completely understand the heartburn about Caryn being involved in the farm meeting with ZiT. As the child of divorce with a questionable woman possibly involved, I wouldn't have wanted her there either. She isn't Matt's wife. She isn't a part owner in the farm. I would have been ticked, too. If she had been there, she should have kept her mouth shut. The only thing that would have been o.k. for her to say IMO, is "this is too heated, let's take a break."

All of that being said, ZiT had a great thing going with Matt and Caryn. At that time, Caryn was the best grandparent their kids had on the Roloff side. Amy has stepped up now that she can be the hero grandparent. Shevis lapping up the new and extra attention from ZiT. Amy is a moron if she can't see she is being used. ZiT should be ashamed for the way they cast Matt and Caryn aside. This is a huge example of why family business's cause so many problems. It takes very special people to make that situation work.

ZiT acted like petulant children when they moved. And they still are acting like brats. There is no indication that Zach could have handled running the farm. However, l do understand why they thought one of the kids would end up with the farm. But won't the kids end up with it anyway??? Wasn't Matt only trying to sell part of the farm??

Matt is delusional thinking he would get what he asked for that portion of the farm and that anyone is interested in vacationing at the farm.

Why do ZiT always want to wait to get their children help? Jackson's leg surgery, Lilah's speech therapy and eye surgery. They like to say they are hoping to just do one surgery or wait until there is more time available. I have news for them: kids get busier, not less. 

I also found it interesting that Matt's dad said he (Matt's dad) had spoiled Matt's mom and she might not know what to do without him. That's a typical, self-important person for you. I think that's proving to be a generational curse...

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

Why do ZiT always want to wait to get their children help? Jackson's leg surgery, Lilah's speech therapy and eye surgery. They like to say they are hoping to just do one surgery or wait until there is more time available. I have news for them: kids get busier, not less. 

Maybe because they are self employed they either don’t have health insurance or their deductibles are high?  

35 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

I also found it interesting that Matt's dad said he (Matt's dad) had spoiled Matt's mom and she might not know what to do without him.

I think he just meant in recent years when she had mobility issues he waited on her hand and foot.  I think she did the majority of the child rearing, and they had two little people (one now deceased) and one average-sized so that was plenty of work.

I think a large part of the  reason that they delay the surgery for Jackson and the speech theraphy for Lilah is because Tori is a huge know it all. She especially thinks that she can handle Lilah's apeech therapy because she used to be a kindergarten teacher. Um, public schools have speech therapists on staff who work with the children. I can't imagine being around her for any length of time. She fancies herself an expert on lots of things. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, MamaGee said:

I completely understand the heartburn about Caryn being involved in the farm meeting with ZiT. As the child of divorce with a questionable woman possibly involved, I wouldn't have wanted her there either. She isn't Matt's wife. She isn't a part owner in the farm. I would have been ticked, too. If she had been there, she should have kept her mouth shut. The only thing that would have been o.k. for her to say IMO, is "this is too heated, let's take a break."

Well she might have said that. She might not have either. We don't know what was said by anyone because all parties have not told us what was actually said. So we comment on what we do see.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think she did the majority of the child rearing, and they had two little people (one now deceased)

Matt is 1 of 4 siblings, 2 brothers, 1 sister. The brother who passed away was not a little person. 

• Like 1
On 12/30/2022 at 9:55 AM, b4pjoe said:

I must have missed that. When did he try to coax Amy into giving cooking lessons.

I think Matt is in desperation mode. I'm sure he thought there would be a bidding war when he put the house up for sale. When that failed he is trying to rent it out on short term rentals and thinks people will pay top dollar to stay at the world famous Rolloff Farm and sit around the house and stare at the walls for a few days.

The cooking lessons thing came from an article I read about Matt and his “short term rental” plans…one of which was him trying to get Amy to do cooking lessons as well as having the renters do farm work.

8 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

The cooking lessons thing came from an article I read about Matt and his “short term rental” plans…one of which was him trying to get Amy to do cooking lessons as well as having the renters do farm work.

Wut? Renters to do farm work? He wants them to pay big bucks to stay there and do farm work? I’m no business expert but I don’t think that is a good business plan.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
18 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

Wut? Renters to do farm work? He wants them to pay big bucks to stay there and do farm work? I’m no business expert but I don’t think that is a good business plan.

😂😂😂

I’d be hard pressed to think of things more unappealing than cooking with Amy or doing farm work with Matt…. Geee maybe next year he should offer limb amputation without anesthesia.

I’m starting to wonder if Matt is smoking Jacobs weed. 🤪

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
45 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

Right? He was almost giddy about what a great idea he had come up with. He seems to have no idea of what that would mean in terms of insurance and the legal liability for himself if one of these renters gets injured doing farm work. Just furnishing that huge house is going to cost him a lot of money…he’s just getting himself deeper into a hole with this mess.

• Like 6
On 12/30/2022 at 1:07 AM, Hedgehog2022 said:

I read Matt is thinking of throwing in the oh so exciting chance to actually work on the farm if you rent the house!! How great is that?? LOL...also he's trying to coax Amy into giving any renters free cooking lessons.

Where was this from?

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Where was this from?

Not sure where anyone else saw it but I read it at ETonline… they had an interview with Matt and he talks about giving people the full farm experience having them drive the mowers etc and see what it’s like to work on the farm, he also mentions asking Amy to provide cooking classes as part of the experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
On 12/29/2022 at 7:44 PM, Phoebe70 said:

Another week, another ho-hum episode. Zach and Tori go to a restaurant…fascinating! Is this really what LPBW has turned into? An hour of watching Tori bitch about Zach, Zach bitch about the farm, and Matt moving a rickety pirate ship? Oh brothers! Makes me long for the old episodes of Zach failing high school, Jeremy sleeping all day, and Matt renovating the house while Amy bitches about him spending money. 
On the plus side, I discovered a new drinking game: take a swig every time in this episode where Matt says “Pivot” and Z/T say “Date Night.”

You can get drunk faster if you take a swig every time Tori says "like," or "literally."  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
23 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Not sure where anyone else saw it but I read it at ETonline… they had an interview with Matt and he talks about giving people the full farm experience having them drive the mowers etc and see what it’s like to work on the farm, he also mentions asking Amy to provide cooking classes as part of the experience.

I saw it, too.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Also there is this little gem in the article...

"I'm trying to talk to Amy and talk her into coming and doing cooking lessons in her house while people are staying," he quips. "Chris' idea not mine."

So the idea of Amy doing cooking lessons was a Chris idea. 😂

• LOL 5

Tlhe thought of cooking with Amy takes my appetite away. I couldn't eat anything out of her kitchen. Remember when she gleefully put mushrooms in the spaghetti  that she was going to serve to Matt when she knew that Matt hates them. I can just see her sneaking in nuts or fish sauce after someone tells her that they can't have this. She has never impressed me as a great cook not to mention a cook who cares about a clean kitchen. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 9