Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Then I may be mistaken but I swear Tori said her parents live in Washington. If they moved to Oregon to be near their daughter then shame on T and Z for picking up and leaving. 

I think her grandmother moved down too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Then I may be mistaken but I swear Tori said her parents live in Washington. If they moved to Oregon to be near their daughter then shame on T and Z for picking up and leaving. 

They used to live in Washington but they moved to Oregon to be near Zach/Tori and the grandkids…. Then Zach and Tori tossed a fit and moved to Washington.

Tori even laughed about it  😖

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Like Tori and many others,  I was exhausted with new baby, toddler, job, home, etc. Dear Hubby would give me several nights a month where he did all child care from 7pm to 7am. Even if Josiah is nursing, one night every few weeks not nursing shouldn't affect  breastfeeding. If Tori could get 8 or 9 hours of sleep without interruption, she'd feel tons better. Come on Zach, support your wife. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BAForever said:

Like Tori and many others,  I was exhausted with new baby, toddler, job, home, etc. Dear Hubby would give me several nights a month where he did all child care from 7pm to 7am. Even if Josiah is nursing, one night every few weeks not nursing shouldn't affect  breastfeeding. If Tori could get 8 or 9 hours of sleep without interruption, she'd feel tons better. Come on Zach, support your wife. 

Zack and Support your wife are strangers!  Zack likes to sit on the throne daddy Matt had made for him and laugh at a tired wife and mother and speak hate fully of the father that set them all up!

He's really something!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, BAForever said:

The thing that gets me with these two is that neither of them works outside the home, they’re both stay at home parents and yet all they do is whine and complain.

I agree that three small children is a lot of work but most of us had that many or more AND we had full time jobs! Hubby and I raised 6 kids, 3 would have been a walk in the park 😂

We used to tag team to give each other a break and to make sure we both got some sleep when we needed it…. ZiT have the luxury of both being at home, they can make their own hours, take naps etc yet they still think they’re so hard done by!

It seems to be the story of their lives, whine and bitch about raising their kids, whine and bitch about Matt and the farm, it wasn’t that long ago that Zach was pissed at Amy and whining that she announced her engagement to Chris on camera so Zach sat there and pouted like a big baby!…enough already!  🙄.                         

They’ve got it sooooo much easier than most young families but they’d rather wallow in self pity than appreciate the cushy life that they have. Neither of them works outside the home, they have a nice easy income from TLC, they live in a million dollar home, it gives them a huge platform for their “influencing” which also brings in more easy money they both drive nice vehicles, Zach just returned from his second trip in a matter of months to play soccer in South America with his buddies, they regularly go on family vacations, Tori buys those kids every doll, toy, electric vehicles, scooters, tons of fancy outfits etc, etc, etc…I could go on and on…. UGH!  🙄

Sorry but I just don’t have any fucks to give when they whine like spoiled brats.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6

Tori says she does the work inside the house and Zach does the work outside the house.   Is being toppled over turning on a grill, “building” rickety fixtures that have to be fixed by Chris, throwing some lights on a broken down riding mower and not maintaining his lawn/landscaping actually work?  Honestly, Zach probably wouldn’t even “build” his raggedy fixtures if TLC didn’t need something to film. 

I would feel bad for Tori but she picked this bum and it’s not exactly like Zach ever hid his laziness or his cluelessness.  Then she decides to move away from her total support system to a place where they said they knew nobody just so they could play Little House on the Junkyard. 

Also, Tori stop trying to act like you give a damn about Amy’s feelings and are “worried” about her.  You just want to bash Matt and the farm more and know she’s a willing participant.  

In some ways I wish Amy had kept her part of the farm because Tori and Zach would have been doing double bitching as Amy and MYMAN hosted pool parties and motorcycle luaus.  Lisa and Deb could come over for soup night again and tell Amy how right she is and Lisa could get a couple of digs in about Matt. Hell, Amy could even have a couple of stripper poles put up and give Matt a run for his money during pumpkin season.  

Hey ya! Hi ya! Amy Roloff…Amy Roloff’s Little Kitchen…Amy Roloff’s Little Kitchen presents… Amy Roloff’s Little Membership Cheesecake“Beefcake” Edition and maybe she could have persuaded Chris to get up on that pole.  He’s already got the leather motorcycle chaps! 😂

*Dont worry folks that last part was as disturbing for me to write as it was for you to read although somehow it was less disturbing than watching Zach attack that meal. 🤢

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I don't for one minute believe that Tori never gets to sleep. This is simply the narrative that they have chosen for filming this season. Poor put-upon tired Tori the martyr, you know the one who had major abdominal surgery 4 months ago. The one who keeps pouring from an empty teacup. She has nothing left to give.  Zach didn't even thank her for making the children's lunch.  She can't nap when the baby sleeps because she is on her computer being an influencer cashing in on her instagram. Shilling the same products that the Bates girls push. If she is so worn out and tired why doesn't she tell Zach to get off his ass and cook dinner or better yet pick up takeout, run the vacuum, empty the dishwasher something. Hey even entertain the baby for awhile.  No she would rather whine and moan. 

When they got mad about the farm and hauled off to Battleground in a snit they should have thought about losing their babysitters.  A prime example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face if there ever was one. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 12/14/2022 at 8:59 AM, 65mickey said:

Lilah get herself up and looks down at her knees of course she knows her parents are not going to go to her aid.

That scene actually hurt my heart. I know it's not a good idea to get all dramatic and scare a child that just fell. But, they should have gotten their lazy asses out of their chairs and checked on her. She was rubbing her belly like maybe she scraped it or it hit hard on the floor. Those two really piss me off.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

On a live last night, Amy said she would have been so pissed if Chris figured out the surprise. Lisa and Amy had a bit of a disagreement about if Amy and Chris arrived late. I didn’t watch, we’re they late?

• Useful 1

I didn't enjoy all the Zach/Tori talk, but I did like the scenes with Matt and his mother.  He is a good son, and I hope he and Caryn can spend a lot of time at their house in Arizona, away from the madness in Oregon.  I don't know why he wants to build a big house on his property if he's only going to live there part time.  Just stay where he is.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

On a live last night, Amy said she would have been so pissed if Chris figured out the surprise. Lisa and Amy had a bit of a disagreement about if Amy and Chris arrived late. I didn’t watch, we’re they late?

Apparently Chris "didn't like his pants" and needed to go change them according to a text from Amy.  What a cliff hanger moment that was.  I was on pins and needles myself.  Editing made it look like the gang was all very panicky waiting for their grand arrival.

I think they were like 5 minutes late according to the riveting texting back and forth between Amy and Debi regarding the pants and their ETA.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
24 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I don't know why he wants to build a big house on his property if he's only going to live there part time.

With all his medical problems by the time the house is finished he may not enjoy it for long.  Then you have a custom little person  house and good luck selling that.

• Like 9

I only started to watch this again when I heard Amy remarried. The first topic to shock me was when Matt stated he never intended the farm to be his kids' inheritance. Say what? That's bull...

If this farm wasn't meant for the kids, then I hope he and Amy paid all 4 kids their well-deserved sweat equity in the form of a % of the received $$ because "the family" sold this show to the public, not just Matt.

Then it would be reasonable to treat this as business. Because how the kids spent their millions isn't Matt's problem, UNLESS Matt never paid the kids to begin with? In that case, he needs to hand over the farm. 

• Like 5
16 hours ago, 65mickey said:

If she is so worn out and tired why doesn't she tell Zach to get off his ass and cook dinner or better yet pick up takeout, run the vacuum, empty the dishwasher something. Hey even entertain the baby for awhile.  

What, exactly, does Zach do for a living?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

What, exactly, does Zach do for a living?

Apparently he lives off TLC money. That's why Tori is pushing so hard for them to be made the "stars" of the show. When he is not "working" he rides around on his little tractor pretending to be running a farm. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Apparently he lives off TLC money. That's why Tori is pushing so hard for them to be made the "stars" of the show. When he is not "working" he rides around on his little tractor pretending to be running a farm. 

RIGHT!  And....let's not forget he's been paid to do that "job" for about 20 years, so, presumably all that $$$ has been invested wisely throughout the years.

Tori has also been paid (along with the kids, I believe) for about 10 yrs so that's her main source of income, although she must have significant additional income from her "side hustle" on Instagram.

Zach does his DIY projects on his pseudo "farm" (like that bridge he completed) and, from what I see of their dynamics, he considers himself "gainfully employed" and the financial "superior" of Tori. 

I noticed that where once she kept Zach tied to her "apron strings" and "ran the domestic show" with the actuality of raising their 3 dwarf children, Tori has succumbed to a sort of emotional state of "malaise".  

I don't think either of them contemplated what raising their children (so close in age and special needs) would do to their marriage; however, with Tori shilling merchandise and posting on Instagram constantly plus filming, the apparent lack of household help is noteworthy.

I do not see Zach changing in any significant way and that would include loosening up his "tightness with the dollar" and denying Tori his "OK" to get the household help they need.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I do not see Zach changing in any significant way and that would include loosening up his "tightness with the dollar" and denying Tori his "OK" to get the household help they need.

Agree! Tori reminds of a housewife from the 1950's: Obey and worship your man, take care of the children. I'd like to include cooking and cleaning but I'm not sure Tori does much of that either. There is definitely something wrong with Tori for being so "crazy in love" with a lazy ass loser. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Agree! Tori reminds of a housewife from the 1950's: Obey and worship your man, take care of the children. I'd like to include cooking and cleaning but I'm not sure Tori does much of that either. There is definitely something wrong with Tori for being so "crazy in love" with a lazy ass loser. 

Maybe she felt she didn’t have many options on the dating scene.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe she felt she didn’t have many options on the dating scene.

True. The pickings must be slim in Oregon if Tori and the very pretty, smart Audrey settled for these 2 loser boys.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
35 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don’t see Tori so crazy about stud muffin Zack now that she has Isaiah. I think Zacks  lost his appeal to her and now here we are!

Well if she’s done having kids she can cut the deadwood and divorce his ass.  That would create another two or three seasons of drama.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
16 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Tori has also been paid (along with the kids, I believe) for about 10 yrs so that's her main source of income, although she must have significant additional income from her "side hustle" on Instagram.

If Tori has her own income why does she need Zach to agree to hire household help? Just do it and quit bitching about being so overworked and tired. But like I said before, she most likely enjoys playing the martyr. It gives her a narrative for filming. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Zack and Tori are as boring as dirt.  If they ever even imagine they can carry the show with Jackson as their front man they are seriously wrong. 

Lovable Jackson was a rising star with Matt and Caryn. He had lots to do and help with on the farm!  He was being groomed to carry the show.   He was thriving  

Enter Zack and Tori who wisked him away to the ugliest plot of land they could have chosen!    Cut off ties to his beloved grandpa and now Jackson is not thriving there  

He now antagonizes his sister and smart mouth to his mother.  Even Chris is giving him second looks with non cute things he says. 

I’m waiting for Amy to correct Jackson and have a falling out with Tori!  That will be a season. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Jackson was a spoiled kid on the farm.  He walked around "like he owned it."  He was telling adults what to do back then also.  IMO, he was pampered and catered to by several adults.  His problems have not come on suddenly due solely to the move.  He was sitting on Lilah well before any issues with the farm.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

Oh man…..Tori was funny…..so, she’s surprised that Zach doesn’t show appreciation for her!  She saw Zach on the show as he grew up.  She should know that Zach never showed appreciation for anything. Lol. 

I was glad that Amy seems to have offered some advice to Tori about the kids.  Hopefully, it was about their health and safety…..idk.  She resents it though and apparently ignores it.  

I really wish ZiT would investigate the cause for Josiah’s continuing crying.  I hope they’ve ruled out breathing problems.  

Tori is such a ship stirrer. I hope Amy saw the BS Tori was feeding her about how worried she and Zach are over her due to Chris’s friendship with Matt.  🤣  ZiT have no scruples do they?  Ha! Maybe she and Zach need some professional help with this anti farm  obsession.   Nasty people.  Ugh…..

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

So 11 episodes in season 23 and so far 8 episodes in season 24 and Tori is still harping on not getting the farm and stiring the pot with Amy and Zack to keep the wound open. I am surprised that Z&T haven't succeeded in getting  Amy to refuse to participate in pumpkin season and to get Amy to demand that Chris not go.

I hate that TLC  is turning this show into the Zack and Tori show. Nothing could be  more boring that watching the two of them whining and complaining about the house that they bought in a fit of anger and Tori not getting enough sleep in addition to Matt not hadning over the farm to the chosen one.  

And Tori is really sucking up to Amy big time. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

The show is dead or might as well be?  It's a new episode tonight and only two comments?  That has to be a record even for the week before Christmas.  Of course, this season has tended toward dull, boring, lifeless, humdrum, mundane, stale, or pick the adjective of your choice.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
56 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The show is dead or might as well be?  It's a new episode tonight and only two comments?  That has to be a record even for the week before Christmas.  Of course, this season has tended toward dull, boring, lifeless, humdrum, mundane, stale, or pick the adjective of your choice.  

Probably more and more people are recording and watching later in the week to skip all the endless TLC promos for other shows.

We got two “oh brothers” this week.

Who were the two random dogs on the farm?  Was this the 80th time Matt almost ran over Lucy with the mule?

I don’t ever need to see Amy or Tori in a see-through top again, that part of my no-bucket list has been crossed off.

Oh and if Tori hadn’t slept in four months she would be dead.  And might prefer a night alone in a motel (she can pump, right?) to a “date night” with Mr. Suave.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10

Tori is really stirring the Chris and Matt friendship pot!

She's A really bad family member. She loves the Family discourse.  Her eyes gleam when she asks Amy "are you working pumpkin season and the other one about Matt and Chris friendship"!

Amy is so sensitive about how her kids will feel about her and Chris working pumpkin season!  Tori plays to that!  Tori doesn't realize Amy and Chris do it for the $$$

I know someone like that and they love family trouble and drama.  Tori is a dangerous family member and she holds some power since her husband and children are pretty much on Little People!

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

What was that "Lilah gets jealous if we show affection" baloney?   Cleverly filmed from behind to disguise the fact that child was not crying, with the fake distressed sounds dubbed in.  A

• Like 3

I noticed that Chris was leaning towards cutting his time during Pumpkin Season until Mat said the Private Tours could be quite lucrative…..Oh, man, he jumped in then and changed his tune.  Lol  

I have to ask myself,,,,,do Zach and Tori really worry over Amy’s feelings?  

• Like 3

The only thing that they worry about is the possibility that Amy and Chris may get along with Matt. Hence all the darts that Tori continues to throw at Amy about the Chris and Matt friendship and the tragety that the farm did not go to Zach. Tori knows exactly what she is up to. And if Zach won't play along Tori will continue to be the pot stirrer in chief.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

I don’t understand the depth of stupidity of ZiT.  They already moved into a few houses that were totally unfit for their needs.  Now this “revenge house” doesn’t have enough bedrooms??  

First of all, why didn’t they look for a house with 4 distinct bedrooms if they knew they were going to have a 3rd child? I am sure if they didn’t stomp out of Oregon in a huff, they would have found a house with enough rooms (& less swampy backyard).

Second, where is it written that each kid needs his/her own room?  Millions of people have shared rooms with siblings, from infancy to high school, and survived.  I get that a crying infant isn’t a great situation for sharing with either Lilah or Jackson right now.  But once Josiah is sleeping through the night, there’s no reason why he can’t share space with either sibling.  

Why is it such a huge deal for Jackson to get 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep “for school”??  Is he a Kindergarten Rhodes Scholar now?  Is he doing quantum physics or writing grad school dissertations?  Is coloring shapes and practicing ABCs so grueling for him without any disruptions in his REM cycle? I mean, no one likes a grumpy overtired kid, but the way ZiT talk about the Little Tyrant Prince needing his peaceful slumber is weird.

Meanwhile, Lilah’s room is a fucking cyclone disaster recovery zone. And Tori’s closet area is in the same shambles.  Zach is a known slob, and now he and Tori will raise another generation of slobs.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 4

OMG Tori's constant complaining about being a mom is unwatchable. Basically three kids is too much for her. She can't handle it. Woman, you are so lucky you do not have to work outside the home. Count your blessings. You wanted three kids. You married a slob who is paying less and less attention to you and it will only get worse as the marriage goes on. DEAL with it and shut up. 

As for this Amy and Tori friendship, Please. I remember when Tori was all about Caryn and Amy was jealous. They were always at the farm and Jackson loved ChaCha. They saw much more of her than Amy. Caryn and Matt were the ones that did the babysitting. You could see the tension between Amy and Tori on screen. Now that Tori has nobody it's a whole new narrative and she is trying to get Amy to align with her. She even has to throw her digs in about Chris and Matts bromance (as strange as it seems) to cause problems for Amy. She's a horrible, spoiled, lazy person. The worst part is that Amy is not smart enough to see that she's being manipulated. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

I chuckled when Amy came out with the helmet on, when they were taking down the tree.

Tori seems to have her in laws walking on eggshells. They seem to be afraid of making her mad. At this point, I would do whatever I wanted and let her get mad.

Amy can't give input regarding her grandchildren and has to be afraid to participate in pumpkin season for fear of offending Tori.

It's no fun to be around a person when you always have to be afraid of making them mad. Tori has Zach and she has the grandchildren. So she's holding all of the cards in her relationship with Zach's parents.

It's tough when you have a daughter-in-law like Tori. I've seen this situation in families before. It's very sad.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I don’t understand the depth of stupidity of ZiT.  They already moved into a few houses that were totally unfit for their needs.  Now this “revenge house” doesn’t have enough bedrooms??  

First of all, why didn’t they look for a house with 4 distinct bedrooms if they knew they were going to have a 3rd child? I am sure if they didn’t stomp out of Oregon in a huff, they would have found a house with enough rooms (& less swampy backyard).

Second, where is it written that each kid needs his/her own room?  Millions of people have shared rooms with siblings, from infancy to high school, and survived.  I get that a crying infant isn’t a great situation for sharing with either Lilah or Jackson right now.  But once Josiah is sleeping through the night, there’s no reason why he can’t share space with either sibling.  

Why is it such a huge deal for Jackson to get 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep “for school”??  Is he a Kindergarten Rhodes Scholar now?  Is he doing quantum physics or writing grad school dissertations?  Is coloring shapes and practicing ABCs so grueling for him without any disruptions in his REM cycle? I mean, no one likes a grumpy overtired kid, but the way ZiT talk about the Little Tyrant Prince needing his peaceful slumber is weird.

It appears that other than some social selling, neither Tori nor Zach work outside of the home. And their lack of sleep affecting their marriage (and anger at Matt and Caryn for not getting a family discount at expense of sibs) is their only story, so why don't they just move baby in with them? 

It would move their 'story' of needing more sleep to reality.  

And let's hope Jeremy and Auj don't decide to have a 4th, because then Zach and Tori will need one too.

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

It appears that other than some social selling, neither Tori nor Zach work outside of the home. And their lack of sleep affecting their marriage (and anger at Matt and Caryn for not getting a family discount at expense of sibs) is their only story, so why don't they just move baby in with them? 

It would move their 'story' of needing more sleep to reality.  

And let's hope Jeremy and Auj don't decide to have a 4th, because then Zach and Tori will need one too.

I think they said in the show last week that they didn't want the baby in their room because that was THEIR space. So they were putting him in with Lilah because Prince Jackson cannot have his sleep interrupted. He must be well rested for the high level work that he does in kindergarten.

• Sad 2
  • LOL 9