Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

So this episode was way too Zach & Tori heavy….I hope it was that way just for the Witouses story which was very sad. They seem to be very nice people. If the remaining episodes are that much Zach & Tori focused it may be time to move on.

And the fact that Tori is going to be the speech therapist “when she gets time” is pathetic.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

I liked the other couple who appeared on the show very much. I think they are/were genuine and my heart goes out to them. I can't imagine losing one child, let alone two. I sincerely hope things work out for them and I am impressed with their attitude and their faith in the future and what it may hold for them. I would much rather see them on TV go about their lives and struggles to have another child, adding to an already great family. TLC, take note of this. All the best to them. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

I keep having the feeling that Chris would love to buy Roloff farms.  Anybody else seeing that?

I don't think he and Amy could afford it nor the maintenance of it but I think Chris loves it out there and that's the reason for the bromance with Matt!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I keep having the feeling that Chris would love to buy Roloff farms.  Anybody else seeing that?

Not at all.  I think he enjoys the open space of the farm and seeing parts of it in action, but I think he's quite happy to go home to a place with limited range of DIY projects and be able to relax without the farm burden hanging over him.  Chris is a kind of bloom where you're planted guy so if he's on the farm, he'll find interest in that.  If he's doing flower borders in their house backyard, he'll find interest in that.  Chris is kind of the opposite of Amy's father and Matt.  He doesn't approach life looking for something to bitch about or change or acquire.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Not at all.  I think he enjoys the open space of the farm and seeing parts of it in action, but I think he's quite happy to go home to a place with limited range of DIY projects and be able to relax without the farm burden hanging over him. 

He also seems successful and busy on his own.  Here's a 'net blurg: "Outside of his high profile marriage, he is known as a real estate agent who owns Keller Williams Real Estate, and is part of the Knipe Realty team. Marek is known for selling homes all over Oregon, including Aurora, Colton, and Beaverton, and has been in the business for over 20 years."

• Like 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I am noticing that they are bringing a lot of outsiders into the show. 

And it’s wise for the show that they are dwarfs  

Production must read that the current Roloffs on the show just aren’t that popular or well liked!

They used to do this earlier on in the series. I remember Matt and Amy had little people friends that were a couple. I believe their names were Rob and Amy. They were shown quite a bit. And who could forget Marty. Man, that guy came off like a real ass. He was constantly antagonizing Zach. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just a few things.  Jackson and Zach both lost the races and saying it was tie even  between the adults was pathetic.  Jackson is a brat who was mean to that chicken.   Why are all of Amy’s friends so interested in the sale of the farm?  ZiT’s friends were such a great couple, can we replace ZiT with them?

• Applause 8
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

I liked the other couple who appeared on the show very much. I think they are/were genuine and my heart goes out to them. I can't imagine losing one child, let alone two. I sincerely hope things work out for them and I am impressed with their attitude and their faith in the future and what it may hold for them. I would much rather see them on TV go about their lives and struggles to have another child, adding to an already great family. TLC, take note of this. All the best to them. 

What a lovely couple Mikey and Jessica were. My heart melted when Jessica was at the beach with Murphy draped over her, lapping up all the attention he was getting from Jessica.  I really wanted Mikey and Jessica to take Murphy home, as he never seems to get much if any attention from Zach and Tori.

Also was not impressed with Jackson pulling the chicken's tail feathers. I have no patience for parents who do not teach their children to respect animals. I will admit I have been an animal lover from the time I was a small child, so I never had to be told to respect them. But if your kid doesn't come by a love for animals naturally and you insist on having them, teach them respect!! 

Why would Tori have to wait until Jackson is in kindergarten full time, to spend time helping Laila with her speech? What is Zach doing that he can't keep Jackson occupied and free up Tori? I usually don't mind Zach and Tori, but was not a fan of either in this episode. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Why would Tori have to wait until Jackson is in kindergarten full time, to spend time helping Laila with her speech? What is Zach doing that he can't keep Jackson occupied and free up Tori? I usually don't mind Zach and Tori, but was not a fan of either in this episode. 

Not only why does she have to wait but what in the heck makes her think she is qualified to give speech therapy?

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
On 11/30/2022 at 3:59 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

Pumping up is one thing but being totally obsessed with one child over the others is another thing...their favoritism of Jackson with the constant complimenting of him, piling on with praise to everything he does and seemingly never disciplining of him are all negative things that will inevitably bite them all in the ass. Personally, I found it hilarious how Tori and Zach said how great Jackson and their friend's son were getting along and then the camera shot over to them on the four wheel toy cars with Jackson yelling/demanding the other kid "Get out of my way!!" several times or declaring himself the winner of the foot race when he clearly lost...someone somewhere will burst his balloon and it won't be his family.

I noticed that Zach said something like, "Jackson was really nice to him."  Like he was doing the poor loser kid a favor by being friendly.

Zach also said something about him being the "coolest kid" and I about died!

7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

He wants to inherit it like the kids!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

But the kids, Tori and Zach don't want to wait until Matt dies they want it NOW! Forget this business about inheritance and having to share with the other 3 kids. According to Amy and her friends the farm should have been handed over to one of the twins. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

He also seems successful and busy on his own.  Here's a 'net blurg: "Outside of his high profile marriage, he is known as a real estate agent who owns Keller Williams Real Estate, and is part of the Knipe Realty team. Marek is known for selling homes all over Oregon, including Aurora, Colton, and Beaverton, and has been in the business for over 20 years."

Perhaps he was part owner of one of the 940 franchise offices of Keller Williams Real Estate and now he works at Knipe? Chris has been at Knipe since 2010.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, Endora said:

Jackson is a brat who was mean to that chicken.  

Jackson will continue to be a brat

As he gets older, he will probably continue to abuse animals, abuse his peers/classmates and, be defiant towards his charming parents who taught him everything he knows.

Maybe we'll see Jackson on a future episode of Live PD. Getting handcuffed and thrown into the back of a police car. Jackson will be screaming at the cops saying "do you know who I am? I'm Jackson Roloff and I own this police car!" 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Perhaps he was part owner of one of the 940 franchise offices of Keller Williams Real Estate and now he works at Knipe? Chris has been at Knipe since 2010.

The above "net blurb" comes directly from the Sun.com. Not a reliable source of information. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

The above "net blurb" comes directly from the Sun.com. Not a reliable source of information. 

Absolutely agree.

And Chris does actually have 2 linkedin profiles. One lists him as a KW owner and the other lists him as working as Knipe.

I think they just pulled what they saw and Chris chose not to specify what his KW was (and when).

On 12/1/2022 at 3:05 PM, MrBuhBye said:

She has tricks in her back pocket lol.

I think I know what Tori may mean. I teach kinder as well, and when I refer a child to the speech pathologist, they will also give the teacher guidance on how to help the student in the classroom. Maybe this is what she’s talking about. With that being said, why hasn’t Tori already been doing that? Why does have to wait?

• Love 6

Didn't Tori only teach for about a year.  It's entirely possible no child in the class was getting speech therapy or if there was a child that the problem isn't similar.  

I agree if Tori has any ideas at all about how to help Lilah why didn't she implement them the week that she realized Jackson had four words by this time and Lilah had none.  I don't mean in an intrusive, intensive way, but with games and play.  The way Zach and Tori have approached the speech issue is as if they have no clue it's a real problem.  

Edited by Absolom
Don't type before breakfast.
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Absolom said:

I agree if Tori has any ideas at all about how to help Lilah why didn't she implement them the week that she realized Jackson had four words by this time and Lilah had none.

Everything is more concentrated and of more concern (and fascination/joy) with the first baby.  There's also more time to deal with only one little one.  My baby book compared with my next sister's made hers look kinda sad...for the third daughter, it was pitiful--as in never filled in.  My sisters were always compared to what I had done as a baby and toddler (better, of course)--when my mother had time to devote to me...ONLY ME.  You all remember stuff like this--whether you were #1 or #5.  It eventually works out.   Not to worry, and...this IS a TV show where we see very little of their real lives.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't find being a second child a reason to ignore such a major speech delay.  I have three children and would never have been able to let it slide.  I can't think any of my friends would have either.  Layla was almost completely devoid of recognizable speech until she was almost three years old.  Would they have ignored an inability to walk?  It's a similar milestone.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I don't find being a second child a reason to ignore such a major speech delay.  I have three children and would never have been able to let it slide.  I can't think any of my friends would have either.  Layla was almost completely devoid of recognizable speech until she was almost three years old.  Would they have ignored an inability to walk?  It's a similar milestone.

Face it, the parents are crap.Kids are fucked with these two.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Who knows what season I'm on, they are all blending together. Plus since I'm viewing current epis too, it's worse. So the "boys" plus a few random others want to camp. Nobody checks the weather, so they can't get to planned spot due to snow. They camp and hilarity and danger ensue as they speed-chop wood, throw axes at distant trees and let Jacob climb a log over a fast-rushing (and freezing stream). These people are fu***** idiots. Amazing there weren't more injuries over the years. (Did see the death trap trebuchet epi).

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I agree that Chris has a hard-on for Roloff Farms.  I remember his wistfully admiring the view one of the last mornings he and Amy woke up there and her snapping at him to stop it already.  I'm sure he realized, both professionally and personally, that her decision to move was a bone-headed one, but wasn't at liberty to say so.  It'll be interesting to see where they end up "retiring" in three years.  I doubt if either one will fully retire since they have the sort of jobs that allow for part-time work.  How could Amy pass up the chance to cook dinner or dress up in costumes for pay since those are activities she'd be doing anyway, judging by Chris's comments???

As for Jackson, I think it's pretty clear he'll need further leg surgery down the line.  It's easy to say it's a delayed effect, but it's also a fact that the procedure doesn't always work, and it seems they waited too long for that to be optimally effective.  When Tori said the doctor called his condition "severe," that means they messed up.  I'm sure she's fine with him doing that LATER, just as she is with Lilah having eye surgery LATER (she's admitted she'll need it; hence, the patch and glasses also failed), and she'll pull those speech therapy tricks out of her back pocket LATER...

Tori is the Queen of Denial or at least procrastination, and Zach is too dumb or timid to challenge her on it.  Will Josiah also require tongue reduction?  LATER...

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Gee Zach and Tori will worry about Lilah’s talking later.  What a surprise! 🙄 What a couple of fools.

Going by recent videos that include her on Tori’s Instagram, later hasn’t arrived yet. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

Will they allow another leg surgery for Jackson?  

Spoiler

I’ve actually looked at some other children who had leg conditions similar to Jackson online and the before and after photos are amazing.  I hope it’s possible for Jackson.  Each week his parents’ judgement seems questionable regarding Lilah and the children’s safety.  It’s beyond concerning,  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I like Amy and Chris. I'm glad that they found one another. That being said, I thought that they were spreading it on a little thick at the birthday party. I was rolling my eyes.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Libby said:

I like Amy and Chris. I'm glad that they found one another. That being said, I thought that they were spreading it on a little thick at the birthday party. I was rolling my eyes.

When you are constantly announcing how much you love each other you better hope the relationship doesn’t go south.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Wow… Chris’s sister made it sound like Chris was a sad sack with a shitty life

Sister Chris was really laying it on. Too sappy for me. Amy with the constant I love you's every other word and the endless kisses. I'm just not getting why Chris waited until his late 50's to marry, then he ends up with Amy. What is so wonderful and special about her that swept him off his feet? Her money? Being a celebrity? Her awesome kids? His deep love for Matt? His infatuation with the farm? 

Amy doesn't seem like that nice of a person to me. Her friends were certainly annoyed with her this episode. Saying she's always late, kept everybody waiting in that sweaty barn and the way she goes to the venue complaining they haven't done enough yet! We have A LOT to do and we only have 2 hrs. to do it! Shut up and appreciate what you're friends are doing for you, wench. She's really got a lot of nerve. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Gee Zach and Tori will worry about Lilah’s talking later.  What a surprise! 🙄 What a couple of fools.

That really annoyed me. At least take her to a speech therapist for an initial evaluation to see what they think. I remember a similar situation on Teen Mom where the doctor was telling Cate and Ty that Vaeda may need speech therapy and Cate's mom April was totally blowing it off. sheesh. What's with these people?

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Well, maybe we don’t see how truly amazing Amy is, but Chris seems very impressed AND despite her and Matt being like oil and water, Matt stuck it out for over 20 years….so, apparently Amy has a talent cooking up something hot, other than in the kitchen!  🤣

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm just not getting why Chris waited until his late 50's to marry, then he ends up with Amy. What is so wonderful and special about her that swept him off his feet?

Hard as I try, I will NEVER be able to explain the answer to your question. 

Chris seems like a regular nice-looking guy who had(s) a successful career and did quite well in the financial and relationship depts. 

Amy, on the other hand, has MANY issues from YEARS in a troubled marriage, little in the "looks" or personality dept and has children whom, themselves, present challenges.

That Chris never married and had children was, surely, by choice. 

Apparently, Amy connects with him emotionally in ways he needs and wants and cannot be explained.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Sister Chris was really laying it on. Too sappy for me. Amy with the constant I love you's every other word and the endless kisses. I'm just not getting why Chris waited until his late 50's to marry, then he ends up with Amy. What is so wonderful and special about her that swept him off his feet? Her money? Being a celebrity? Her awesome kids? His deep love for Matt? His infatuation with the farm? 

Amy doesn't seem like that nice of a person to me. Her friends were certainly annoyed with her this episode. Saying she's always late, kept everybody waiting in that sweaty barn and the way she goes to the venue complaining they haven't done enough yet! We have A LOT to do and we only have 2 hrs. to do it! Shut up and appreciate what you're friends are doing for you, wench. She's really got a lot of nerve. 

Assholes plus TLC script a winning combination.Not

• LOL 2

Yeah, I have two wonderful brothers, but I struggle to imagine me talking that way at a brother’s birthday bash….I sort of wish I was that way.  We need to tell people what they mean to us while we can.  I do that, but not in front of a group of people.  Her words seemed to mean a lot to Chris.  Apparently, they had a complicated childhood. M

• Like 3
3 hours ago, applewood said:

That really annoyed me. At least take her to a speech therapist for an initial evaluation to see what they think. I remember a similar situation on Teen Mom where the doctor was telling Cate and Ty that Vaeda may need speech therapy and Cate's mom April was totally blowing it off. sheesh. What's with these people?

So agree!!! OMG! When our son was two he was speech delayed and our pediatrician ordered a hearing test for him. His hearing was fine but he needed speech therapy and we had him do it when he turned three. He also had it in kindegarten. Years later when he was diagnosed as having high functioning autism and we learned that one of the markers when they are young children is delayed speech, we were glad we acted quickly in getting him help with his speech, but upset that we did not get the autism diagnosis sooner so we could have gotten him the help he needed earlier. 

Intervention from professionals at an early age for speech (or autism) is so important...why wouldn't you utilize their help? Tori and Zach seem so unplugged from Lilah's needs/issues...unfortunately, it seems that Jackson receives all their positive  attention since he is the perfect child...LOL. Did anyone else catch Tori's comment to Matt that Josiah perfers Jackson to Lilah and that when he sees Lilah coming towards him he shifts his body like he doesn't want her near him (or something to that effect)...Of course Josiah perfers Jackson and not Lilah...I can't stand their favoritism of Jackson. It's repugnant and ultimitely harmful to both Lilah an Jackson as they age. And Tori...please put Lilah in appropriate clothing for playing outdoors...frilly white and pink dresses being dragged though the mud, dirt and sand is just stupid and ridiculous. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

Zach and Tori are awful parents. Not seeking recommended medical treatment for a child is neglect. You think your child has strep, you go to the doctor. Your child has a bad tooth, you go to the dentist. Your child has a language or articulation delay, you seek out a specialist. I hate these people.

1 hour ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

And Tori...please put Lilah in appropriate clothing for playing outdoors...frilly white and pink dresses being dragged though the mud, dirt and sand is just stupid and ridiculous. 

Hedgehog2022, agree, but Tori is prob shilling Lilah's clothes on IG or whatever. If the outfit is on the show. Tori makes $$. One of them has to work, and it's sure not Zach.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, BAForever said:

Zach and Tori are awful parents. Not seeking recommended medical treatment for a child is neglect. You think your child has strep, you go to the doctor. Your child has a bad tooth, you go to the dentist. Your child has a language or articulation delay, you seek out a specialist. I hate these people.

Hedgehog2022, agree, but Tori is prob shilling Lilah's clothes on IG or whatever. If the outfit is on the show. Tori makes $$. One of them has to work, and it's sure not Zach.

Can’t she shill for cute practical clothing for a girl rather than the dresses that are getting dirty with mud, dirt and wet sand? I don’t see Tori running around in dresses when she’s outside with the kids.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4