Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I noticed Amy now sits quietly when Chris is talking during the talking heads. No more interrupting him. That’s new. 

I agree about Zack seeming to be done with the feud but Tori rages on. It was opposite last week!

What is Chicken and Orzo and surely they could have come up with something better than that. I notice Tori never cooks on the show.   This was a first. 

We’ll see how much Amy enjoyed the motorcycle if she goes on new trips. My guess is day trips will be enough for her. 

Orzo is a rice shaped pasta, I used to make Chicken and Orzo for my kids like macaroni and cheese, you can add different veggies and serve it in a bowl.

Was a handy lunch or dinner for little kids.

chickenorzo.png

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

Orzo is a rice shaped pasta, I used to make Chicken and Orzo for my kids like macaroni and cheese, you can add different veggies and serve it in a bowl.

Was a handy lunch or dinner for little kids.

chickenorzo.png

Thank you!  I just looked it up and it does look quite tasty!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes thank you. I sometimes put Orzo in homemade Chicken soup. Especially if I’m taking it to a sick friend. 

It doesn’t swell up like noodles. 

I’d just never seen Orzo like Tori fixed it!

It kind of looked like chicken and dumplings with orzo instead of dumplings.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On S8. Zach and Molly just refused to go on trip to Virgin Islands. Matt had scheduled it after Amy had accepted a speaking engagement. Matt was such an ass taunting Molly and Zach with how much they were going to miss out on. Now he's off to Hawaii solo on Mothers Day and twins' bday.

Both Amy and Matt are responsible for the failure of their marriage, but he really has shown a very selfish side in recent episodes. 

And could Jacob be any more ignored? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Lilah probably isn't as high maintenance or fussy as they think. She's probably continously frustrated that she is unable to communicate. Whether her hearing loss/language acquisition delay is due to her dwarfism or not, it doesn't matter. Early intervention can help. Really hope that ZiT are seeking medical care now.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I thought that this episode clearly showed that Zach is concerned. He knows things won’t be easy for his kids. Jackson is about to realize it. I'm glad that Zach is prepared to help him through it. As much as Tori loves her kids, Zach is the parent that is equipped to help them adjust to life as a little person. Tori can never understand the situation like Zach can.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Did Amy say in the previews that "pumpkin season has lost its Lure for her"? Allure? Holy Smokes Amy, that fustrates me when you take like that. 

Tori threw one out there too.  I’ll have to review to see exactly what it was.  

2 hours ago, Lurk said:

So....no big LP conference episode? Just a few blurred up snippets? Guess the LPA didn't want them to film or something. 

They built it up so much, I thought we would get to see more.

I don’t care to see Matt bowling, or Zach camping.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 4

Tori forgetting the beans and them actually taking the time to replay the footage of Zach asking for them…SO EXCITING 🙄 I’m mad there was so little of the motorcycle trip last time.  I mean DID AMY RUN OUT OF PERFUME OR NOT? Where’s the footage of that, Mr. Producer?

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, Lurk said:

So....no big LP conference episode? Just a few blurred up snippets? Guess the LPA didn't want them to film or something. 

But Tori got to tell us that Zach had a couple of ladies swirling around him. She said that he was a wanted dude and that he is a good looking dude. Her words not mine. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Lurk said:

The 7 little Johnstons were there too and all of their footage was away from the event in parks or restaurants. I think LPA said no filming.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Poor Lilah.  She will never get the attention her brothers will.  Jackson OWNS a everything, and is the oldest and 1st grandchild.  Josiah is (for now) the baby of the family.  Lilah has a few more issues than Jackson did at her age, so it feels like Zach and Tori have more gripes about Lilah…because she isn’t Jackson.  Poor Lilah is destined to be the middle child and have Jan Brady syndrome.

As for the potential health issues facing the kids, we as an audience only know what Z & T a share on the show or SM.  So I try not to be too judgmental when Tori says things like “maybe the water in her ears is affecting her language”….OF COURSE IT IS! I wish she would stop presenting some of the kids’ issues as if she is bewildered about potential health problems LPs face.  And acts all, “well, it could be this….We just don’t know…maybe it’s related to his/her dwarfism?”  I am hoping she is much more educated about her childrens’ development and health than she comes across on tv and her SM posts.

The format of this show over the last few years irks me.  Lots of everyone providing exposition of things that happened, but isn’t fully shown (or not shown at all). Plus, it all sounds so inorganic and unnatural.  Especially Caryn…she recollects what happened and not shown as if she’s reading a script. 

Zach isn’t completely unattractive, but I’m gonna guess he was considered the “most eligible bachelor” at the LPA events more because he was on a tv show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Why wait until the child is over 2 1/2 to test her hearing when it's obvious she has speech problems.  Ask questions and be your daughter's advocate rather than being a lump and waiting for the doctor to notice things.  I'd have had the kid being checked out with her lack of communication at 18 months.  But then they'd have to actually pay attention to Lilah and not leave her screaming across the path.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Why wait until the child is over 2 1/2 to test her hearing when it's obvious she has speech problems.  Ask questions and be your daughter's advocate rather than being a lump and waiting for the doctor to notice things.  I'd have had the kid being checked out with her lack of communication at 18 months.  But then they'd have to actually pay attention to Lilah and not leave her screaming across the path.

It made me so angry and sad at the same time to watch Tori and Zach roll their eyes at each other and basically ignore Lilah as she struggled with her little scooter and when she fell off her camp chair and cried Zach dismissed her tears and basically told her to suck it up buttercup… I wanted to shove him off his chair!

Tori sits there like a giant stump totally ignoring Lilah and at the same time doing backflips and praising Jackson for every little thing he does.

I thought Jackson acted like a primadonna eating his popsicle and telling Zach he’d help after he finished his popsicle and how he’d throw the stick on the ground….. I used to really love watching little Jackson but ZiT are making him unwatchable.

1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe next week she will tell us he is endowed.

I think Tori already alluded to his endowment when she was drooling over him in his skin tight wrestling onesie 🤢🤮

She sat there looking so smug that George Clooney oooops I mean Zackhole chose her above all others 🙄

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I guess "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".....Tori's opinion is hers to keep and doesn't necessarily reflect the opinion of others regards Zach's "looks."

Yeah although she claimed many women shared her opinion and were envious so there’s that.

1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I thought Jackson acted like a primadonna eating his popsicle and telling Zach he’d help after he finished his popsicle and how he’d throw the stick on the ground….. I used to really love watching little Jackson but ZiT are making him unwatchable.

2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I wonder if they have taught him that littering is appropriate everywhere or just on their junky property.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
34 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I wonder if they have taught him that littering is appropriate everywhere or just on their junky property.

Agreed!!  When and where is it ever OK to litter?  Families usually have a litter bag whenever they go anywhere with their children. 

When Jackson said he'd throw the stick on the ground, I said to myself:  "HUH???  Where'd he get that idea? "  

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Agreed!!  When and where is it ever OK to litter?  Families usually have a litter bag whenever they go anywhere with their children. 

When Jackson said he'd throw the stick on the ground, I said to myself:  "HUH???  Where'd he get that idea? "  

Well he does own the property so he figures that he can do anything with it.

• LOL 4
18 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Well he does own the property so he figures that he can do anything with it.

True, but kids usually do better in life when they're taught to be respectful of property, be it theirs or other peoples.  

It's a small thing, but it reflects a certain attitude that T&Z might want to reconsider.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah although she claimed many women shared her opinion and were envious so there’s that.

Exactly that entire conversation was about all the women at the Little People Conference who lusted after Zach…..the “George Clooney” of dwarves… and Tori sat there gloating how she won the prize. 🙄

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly that entire conversation was about all the women at the Little People Conference who lusted after Zach…..the “George Clooney” of dwarves… and Tori sat there gloating how she won the prize. 🙄

Still just a booby prize offering potential D-list celebrity fame by exploiting their family on TLC.  

As Zach and the rest of the kids can see how they were ignored/exploited by Matt and Amy in their childhood, Lilah will see how she was ignored and exploited by Zach and Tori. It is all captured in the episodes.

All for money.  

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, BAForever said:

Lilah probably isn't as high maintenance or fussy as they think. She's probably continously frustrated that she is unable to communicate. Whether her hearing loss/language acquisition delay is due to her dwarfism or not, it doesn't matter. Early intervention can help. Really hope that ZiT are seeking medical care now.

I have said before that she could be on the Spectrum. One of the early markers are speech delay which can be initially thought to be a hearing problem. Another marker is playing alone...which she appears to do. Once they eliminate the hearing issue, which may or may not be the problem, they really have to get her evaluated by a child neuroligist for autism. It really infuriated me that Zach and Tori called her "difficult and high maintenance" OMG!!! Already boxing her into a "lesser than Jackson" kind of comparison. The praise and love they over indulge Jackson with and then withdraw from their daughter really pisses me off. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Did Zach wear that Civil War hat to the conferences? You know that got the little ladies hot. 😀

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I think they were describing Lilah as a prima Donna and too picky to bother with out door camping conditions, however, some children have sensitivities to things like noise, sensations, etc. and they have limitations on how much they can handle.  This is true, especially with some special needs children and I don’t know if Lilah is..  My niece, who is on the spectrum, has trouble with time issues.  Sitting around in a camping situation for long periods of time would stress her out.  Holding food or eating without a table or plate….she would need assistance.  It’s not that she’s trying to be difficult.   

• Love 13

They tried to make Jackson into a little macho outdoorsman, and all he seemed to worry about was bugs and ants crawling into bed with him. Kind of with him there though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I have said before that she could be on the Spectrum. One of the early markers are speech delay which can be initially thought to be a hearing problem. Another marker is playing alone...which she appears to do. Once they eliminate the hearing issue, which may or may not be the problem, they really have to get her evaluated by a child neuroligist for autism. 

Lilah had an ear pressure test. The tympanogram was flat, according to Tori. Her ear drums weren’t moving. There’s no doubt she has hearing loss with such results.

• Sad 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It made me so angry and sad at the same time to watch Tori and Zach roll their eyes at each other and basically ignore Lilah as she struggled with her little scooter and when she fell off her camp chair and cried Zach dismissed her tears and basically told her to suck it up buttercup… I wanted to shove him off his chair!

Every time I see Lilah my heart really goes out to her!  She seems lost and confused  

I did see ONE Instagram post from Tori last summer, when she, her mother and Amy filmed a scene at a Tea Room with Lilah (Tori's instagram posts always foreshadow episodes of the show) when Lilah actually was made the center of attention. 

She had a genuine look of happiness on her face.  Unfortunately, for too much of the time, Lilah seems like an "after thought" to her parents when compared to the time and praise they heap on her 2 brothers.

• Applause 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Lilah had an ear pressure test. The tympanogram was flat, according to Tori. Her ear drums weren’t moving. There’s no doubt she has hearing loss with such results.

This could be reversible, though, no? 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Could be both things but if she isn't on the Spectrum then they need to make sure she gets some socialization outside of the home. She spends a lot of time just wandering around or playing alone.

2 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Every time I see Lilah my heart really goes out to her!  She seems lost and confused  

I did see ONE Instagram post from Tori last summer, when she, her mother and Amy filmed a scene at a Tea Room with Lilah (Tori's instagram posts always foreshadow episodes of the show) when Lilah actually was made the center of attention. 

She had a genuine look of happiness on her face.  Unfortunately, for too much of the time, Lilah seems like an "after thought" to her parents when compared to the time and praise they heap on her 2 brothers.

So true! Zach and Tori fuss over Jackson incessantly. It's nauseating. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
On 11/16/2022 at 7:02 PM, 65mickey said:

I had to laugh at the "home cooked meal" that Zach and Tori provided. It looked like a bowl of slop and a spoon plopped down on the table . Didn't see a napkin anywhere. Tori says that she is tired of talking about the farm situation but she keeps bringing it up. Zack didn't say anything while Tori was bitching about Matt and Caryn. Maybe if Tori would let up on this Zach and Matt could begin to move forward. 

He looked uncomfortable even turning to his left like it wanted it over. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

He looked uncomfortable even turning to his left like it wanted it over. 

Exactly, Zach sat there with his arms folded looking like he wished Tori would stop talking about it…. She kept saying how she doesn’t want to talk about it and that she doesn’t have the energy to talk about it but she wouldn’t stop running her mouth… jeeez drop it already!

Jer and Auj went through a similar situation with the farm, they said they were disappointed and felt like they were lied to but then they dropped it and moved on…. ZiT needs to do the same.

I think it’s a blessing in disguise that none of the kids bought the farm, Matt is still way too invested in the day to day running of the place, it would have been nothing but fights if either bought in… life’s too short to spend it arguing about stupid shit like dinosaur statues and miniature trains and there’s no way that would change, that’s Matt… that’s what he does take it or leave it. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Love 4
On 11/22/2022 at 10:42 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Tori threw one out there too.  I’ll have to review to see exactly what it was.  

When talking about the Matt and Caryn drama, she said turmulturous when she was trying to say tumultuous.  Another gem was when she said their olive branch 'flew away with the dove to another island.'  Eloquent, she ain't.

I also decided that if I took a drink every time she said some iteration of "you're killing it, babe," "great job," or "great big brother action," complete with or without a high five to both Zach and "J," I would be smashed by the end of the show.  The constant affirmations are a little much and over the top.  Calm down, Tori. 

I imagine she has a lot of signs in her house that say things like "you got this," and "like a boss."

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

When talking about the Matt and Caryn drama, she said turmulturous when she was trying to say tumultuous.  Another gem was when she said their olive branch 'flew away with the dove to another island.'  Eloquent, she ain't.

I also decided that if I took a drink every time she said some iteration of "you're killing it, babe," "great job," or "great big brother action," complete with or without a high five to both Zach and "J," I would be smashed by the end of the show.  The constant affirmations are a little much and over the top.  Calm down, Tori. 

I imagine she has a lot of signs in her house that say things like "you got this," and "like a boss."

Thanks for chiming in with that info. The thought of having to rewatch T was nauseating.  Lol

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Tori is delusional. With every aspect of her life. Maybe that's how she copes. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Of course that's not what she wants. She wants to keep stiring the pot. Keep the argument going.  That appears to be her raison d'etre.  My point was if she let up on this maybe Zach and Matt could find a way to heal the riff. What she is doing now is pure spite and selfishness.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

The episode Tuesday may have been the most boring one yet.  It felt like leftover filler film strung together.  I can't think of anything positive from it.  Most of an episode devoted to Zach and Jackson talking about camping, talking about hot dogs, cooking hot dogs, and then some supposedly cute Jackson and bugs and the tent.  Anyone who has taken a four year old into nature has probably talked about bugs.  Another one of Matt's friends dragged up from ancient history and some clips of four year olds shooting at a soccer goal.  It was as bad as the neighbor's vacation videos.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This could be reversible, though, no? 

Younger son flattened his tymph at 3. We had been through multiple ear infections and ear tubes- not at all atypical. We were all over it though, multiple trips to ENT and audiologist. Perhaps ZiT are also, I hope so. Too many ear infections can cause scar tissue and permanent hearing loss. Praying that Lilah is getting medical care she needs.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Couple of observations...why is Lilah always wearing dresses when she's playing outdoors and doing physical things like riding a scooter, playing in the mud or playing on the playground on the slide or swings...some of the dresses are on the long side and she comes very close to stepping on the hem and falling. I don't understand why Tori doesn't invest in some cute shorts and tops or some sweats that are made for little girls so that she can be comfortable and play without tripping over a frilly dress that's too long for her.

Also...Jackson's legs are more bowed than ever...seems like the surgery they had done wasn't very successful. He'll need a second more difficult procedure at some point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I don't keep up with Tori's instagram. Does she promote a certain clothing brand for the children? 

Yes… good point.. about a week ago she was showing a bunch of new Xmas dresses she bought for Lilah from her favorite place, linked during the video. 
Today Tori posted her fave places to shop for Black Friday sales and linked this place as where she gets Lilahs shoes…. She also linked where she buys the boys clothing.

F2B637B2-D160-463F-B22E-A4099C0BCDC9.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yes… good point.. about a week ago she was showing a bunch of new Xmas dresses she bought for Lilah from her favorite place, linked during the video. 
Today Tori posted her fave places to shop for Black Friday sales and linked this place as where she gets Lilahs shoes…. She also linked where she buys the boys clothing.

F2B637B2-D160-463F-B22E-A4099C0BCDC9.jpeg

I guess shilling for kids clothing beats working for a living.

• Like 1
  • Love 3