Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Thanks @Irate Panda. My interest in the show was piqued, now I'm fascinated and will continue my journey of binge watching.

Well to be honest, I have missed seasons of the show, for reality shows it’s not particularly trashy or drama-filled comparatively speaking.  Things are drawn out for years! Most of their real dirt happens off screen I imagine but it’s good background noise and I do enjoy the pets and scenery of the farm.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Late to the party, but some thoughts:

Again, what game is Chris playing here?  He was definitely NOT thrilled with the "loud" grandchildren visiting in previous seasons and often made himself scarce at such times, but now he's Mr. Rogers and Amy's house is his neighborhood?  I can't tell if he's trying to steal Jackson's affections away from Matt and the farm by expanding Henry's aquarium from a mere lamp base for the first time ever (and this is Henry V), which wouldn't be the act of the friend of Matt's he claims to be, or if his long-game is to get in good with Jackson so that when he's older, he can slyly take him on fishing trips and thus sneakily reunite him with Grandpa and Cha-Cha when Zach and Tori aren't looking.  Maybe he likes the fan mail he gets when he does the doting step-grandfather thing and requested a better edit from co-producer Amy.  Maybe he's genuinely happy to finally have a family besides Henry.

Chris remains a mystery!

It's interesting that Matt wasn't "reaping what he sowed" and Amy wasn't "the favored grandparent" until this season when the farm deal went south; again, in previous seasons, Matt was obviously the favored grandparent, along with Caryn, and Amy was a mere afterthought being treated like yesterday's dog's dinner by Zach and Tori, not worthy of their attention much less exclusive babysitting duty.

Amy, you could've bought an exercise bike for pennies on the dollar on your local Facebook Marketplace site or Craig's List.  You could probably even find one on the Freecycle page if Hillsboro has one.  You can afford a personal trainer, so I'm assuming you can afford a piece of equipment from Goodwill or Salvation Army (I see exercise bikes all the time).  Who thinks she'll ever actually return it to Matt?  Show of hands???  And he got a free chewing out as a bonus!

Also Amy, absolutely NONE of your business what your ex-husband does with HIS property; shut it.  Again because it can't be said enough: Matt paid nearly $1 million for HALF of that property based on assessments at the time, making its entire value $2 million.  Prices have since doubled and tripled.  Zach offered what Amy paid, and - from what I gathered from this conversation - Matt offered him the house/attractions/patch without the forest for that amount, which Zach, his panties in a wad because he demanded the forest, turned down.  As Matt said, he passed up a great deal by cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Personally, I thought that was the perfect ending... Matt calmly talking perfect sense, admitting to his mistakes and asking if Amy had ever admitted to hers (crickets), then Amy storming off, the little bulldozer with steam coming out of her ears, stomping off into the sunset like Godzilla, Bucolic images of the farm.

• Applause 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, stoppro said:

Chris is no mystery he is following the TLC script,he would never do a big switch like that without approval.He is under contact! never forget.

Oh I so agree. Whatever they want for the TLC paycheck the six of them will do and in my humble opinion the show would be more real if it moved at it’s own pace. 

I see Jacob posts over in IG about things he does on the farm. I wonder how much $$ he has and if he’d like to buy one of those properties coming on the market!

Now that would be newsworthy!  I think he and his wife are close friends with Jeremy and Audrey .

• Like 2

Gosh I love this sh*****. So happy am able to binge. On S 2 now, trip to Hawaii. Taking a long trip with kids is stressful but Amy and Matt are unable to share a kind word and don't get me started on what slobs they all are. The house is always cluttered. When I leave for a trip, my house is clean because who wants to deal with a mess coming home? And it cracks me up listening to Amy's voice in her TH. Her tone is kind, it's never kind in action. Two miserable people. I envy their free trips and adventures, but they are sad, sorry people.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
On 7/30/2022 at 7:12 PM, BAForever said:

Gosh I love this sh*****. So happy am able to binge...it cracks me up listening to Amy's voice in her TH. Her tone is kind, it's never kind in action...

I wish I could find a way to rewatch old episodes.  That would keep me happily entertained for the rest of the summer!  You're so right about Amy using her "little girl voice" in THs and voiceovers.  You can still hear it today in "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen" when she says "oh hey hi, it's me" and asks her viewers to "suscribe."

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Dibs said:

I wish I could find a way to rewatch old episodes.  That would keep me happily entertained for the rest of the summer!  

Yep, on season 2, epi 21. They are still only 30 min. I know at some point the show will go to 60 min. I'm good through back to school time for sure.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:06 PM, Irate Panda said:

A rundown of the show imo:

• Two LP got married because neither one of them thought they could do better than the other.
  • They had 4 kids, despite probably realizing they were not a good match early on.
  • They both propped up the twin dolts for different reasons. I feel like Matt was living vicariously through Jeremy and pumping him full of dumb ideas like his journey to Wharton 🙄and Amy turned Zach into half-husband bitching about Matt.  Molly seemed to succeed despite both her parents and Jacob seemed to be forgotten all together.
  • Jeremy basically married a version of Matt (i.e. micromanager trying to get us all to believe Jeremy’s some sort of intellectual, who will be the best damn farmer mogul the world has ever seen)
  • Zach married a version of Amy (i.e. a pushy bulldozer who still needs to tell Zach to change his socks although she obviously forgot on that last episode)
  • Matt and Amy continue to be miserable until the kids are grown.  Amy coddles the twins, while Matt checks out emotionally. Amy hates Matt. Matt hates Amy.  ( I think Amy hates Matt because she believes he cheated, while Matt hates Amy because she won’t make a decision about anything, ever….well at least not without several centuries passing).   I hate them both (not really), yet like them infinitely more than both the twins.
  • Amy implies Matt had an affair with Caryn, but when directly asked says she can’t say he cheated.  (My personal opinion, the marriage was long dead.  Matt had an emotional affair, Amy was surprised and angry anybody would actually want to be with Matt.)
  • Amy and Matt get divorced.  Caryn is deemed by some to be a golddiger plotting to get the farm (although personally I question how much old cash Matt actually has.  I’m actually more curious as to if Caryn is still getting alimony and what her divorce payout was.  I think she likes Matt well enough, but I think if she were being influenced by anything, it was the show, more so than the actual farm.
  • Chris comes into the picture after we see Amy playing The Bachelorette for several episodes. I paint Chris with a similar brush as Caryn in that I think the show and its benefits played a big part in Chris becoming MYMAN.  I actually think Chris loves Amy, but I think the show and his belief Amy would never cheat caused him to stick around long enough to figure out.
  • Grandchildren are born.  King Jackson was crowned and OWNS everything: schools, doctors’ offices, Disneyland, rollercoasters, and your local Benihana, but much to the chagrin of his parents, he does not own the farm. Lilah doesn’t OWN anything, but in her defense, the poor child is is busy trying not to be sat on or driven into a tree.  
  • Each of the twins attempt to buy the farm.  Apparently the twins are the only people that thought they would actually OWN the farm.  Amy is mad she didn’t get more money for the farm the boys didn’t get the farm. Matt is mad his kids are idiots and that there was a greater chance of Irate Panda purchasing the Pepperidge Farms empire than Dumb and Dumber making this plan work his kids didn’t step up and try to really learn the business.
  • All pets on the show starting from Rocky through Murphy deserve better humans than all these morons.

*These musings are based on almost 0% facts and almost 100% speculation, but as a “reality” show viewer, I feel that’s totally appropriate 😂

Can I just give you a list of shows I have watched, and you can do this for every one of them? Then I can start watching less crap TV and enjoy life more. Thank you!

• Wink 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 8/3/2022 at 11:18 PM, gingerella said:

Can I just give you a list of shows I have watched, and you can do this for every one of them? Then I can start watching less crap TV and enjoy life more. Thank you!

But what fun would that be?  Please jog our memories as you wade through the mud and muck.  As crappy as it is, it's classy compared to today's TLC offerings...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Holy Smokes. Still can't believe all the years I missed this sh******. I think binging reality shows amplifies all of the dysfunction. Let me say that Irate Panda should summarize everything. Panda's synopsis was spot on. One day I dislike Matt more, the next Amy. They are horrible at communicating, always getting a dig in. I'm on S14, Zach just proposed to the ever sparkling and vivacious Tori. Jer and Auj recently wed. Jacob and Molly are moved out. I'm back at school tomorrow, so will slow down my viewing. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, BAForever said:

Amy misprounces "frustrated", it sounds like "fustrated".  Bugs me. Plus since I'm binging it and she's married to Matt, she says it often. 

It really bugs me too. Along with ' oh brothers'. And a lot of other words that I can't think of at the moment.  

• Love 5
On 8/2/2022 at 8:48 PM, Dibs said:

I wish I could find a way to rewatch old episodes.  That would keep me happily entertained for the rest of the summer!  You're so right about Amy using her "little girl voice" in THs and voiceovers.  You can still hear it today in "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen" when she says "oh hey hi, it's me" and asks her viewers to "suscribe."

Can I make a suggestion? I “rewatched” Sister Wives while doing a whole bunch of chores from labelling school stuff to folding laundry. It’s great background noise. Whenever there is something interesting, you pause what you’re doing and watch more closely. When it’s boring you just finish your stuff. Worked fine for me😉

• Love 1
On 7/27/2022 at 9:06 PM, Irate Panda said:

A rundown of the show imo:

• Two LP got married because neither one of them thought they could do better than the other.
  • They had 4 kids, despite probably realizing they were not a good match early on.
  • They both propped up the twin dolts for different reasons. I feel like Matt was living vicariously through Jeremy and pumping him full of dumb ideas like his journey to Wharton 🙄and Amy turned Zach into half-husband bitching about Matt.  Molly seemed to succeed despite both her parents and Jacob seemed to be forgotten all together.
  • Jeremy basically married a version of Matt (i.e. micromanager trying to get us all to believe Jeremy’s some sort of intellectual, who will be the best damn farmer mogul the world has ever seen)
  • Zach married a version of Amy (i.e. a pushy bulldozer who still needs to tell Zach to change his socks although she obviously forgot on that last episode)
  • Matt and Amy continue to be miserable until the kids are grown.  Amy coddles the twins, while Matt checks out emotionally. Amy hates Matt. Matt hates Amy.  ( I think Amy hates Matt because she believes he cheated, while Matt hates Amy because she won’t make a decision about anything, ever….well at least not without several centuries passing).   I hate them both (not really), yet like them infinitely more than both the twins.
  • Amy implies Matt had an affair with Caryn, but when directly asked says she can’t say he cheated.  (My personal opinion, the marriage was long dead.  Matt had an emotional affair, Amy was surprised and angry anybody would actually want to be with Matt.)
  • Amy and Matt get divorced.  Caryn is deemed by some to be a golddiger plotting to get the farm (although personally I question how much old cash Matt actually has.  I’m actually more curious as to if Caryn is still getting alimony and what her divorce payout was.  I think she likes Matt well enough, but I think if she were being influenced by anything, it was the show, more so than the actual farm.
  • Chris comes into the picture after we see Amy playing The Bachelorette for several episodes. I paint Chris with a similar brush as Caryn in that I think the show and its benefits played a big part in Chris becoming MYMAN.  I actually think Chris loves Amy, but I think the show and his belief Amy would never cheat caused him to stick around long enough to figure out.
  • Grandchildren are born.  King Jackson was crowned and OWNS everything: schools, doctors’ offices, Disneyland, rollercoasters, and your local Benihana, but much to the chagrin of his parents, he does not own the farm. Lilah doesn’t OWN anything, but in her defense, the poor child is is busy trying not to be sat on or driven into a tree.  
  • Each of the twins attempt to buy the farm.  Apparently the twins are the only people that thought they would actually OWN the farm.  Amy is mad she didn’t get more money for the farm the boys didn’t get the farm. Matt is mad his kids are idiots and that there was a greater chance of Irate Panda purchasing the Pepperidge Farms empire than Dumb and Dumber making this plan work his kids didn’t step up and try to really learn the business.
  • All pets on the show starting from Rocky through Murphy deserve better humans than all these morons.

*These musings are based on almost 0% facts and almost 100% speculation, but as a “reality” show viewer, I feel that’s totally appropriate 😂

Why would Caryn be getting alimony ?  

• Like 1

Late into S3. Twins are 17. Second time I've seen them at Little People Convention. Second time Matt has discussed what a good place it is for Zach to meet girls. He's in high school! I get them wanting Zach to interact with other little people, but he's not interested in girls yet and is so immature. Is it maybe because Matt met Amy at a similar event? Why do they want him so badly to date? Funny quote "Zach is more mature than a lot of kids his age."  Ummm just no. Again, so happy to have this new (to me) escape from work.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I am doing a re-watch of the show from the beginning, as background while I work.  It is funny to see - Zach is lazy as hell, Jeremy thinks he is god's gift and Matt and Amy couldn't stand each other from the beginning.  And their home is a disaster.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I am doing a re-watch of the show from the beginning, as background while I work.  It is funny to see - Zach is lazy as hell, Jeremy thinks he is god's gift and Matt and Amy couldn't stand each other from the beginning.  And their home is a disaster.

I have not watched the show from day one because of the disgusting mess of their house. I remember checking it out a couple of times but always changing the channel because I just couldn't watch the filth that they lived in. I started watching when Chris came around, things looked cleaner. And I'm surprised they allowed cameras in their home to capture that disgusting mess. I would be so embarrassed. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Up to twins getting drivers' licenses. They had to take their drving test in Amy's white mini van. When I had to do that with my sons,  we were notified in advance that car being driven must be clean on inside. My DMV would not have allowed their instructor in that car. 

Also Molly's 14th  birthday. The vacuum is in the living room as they are opening gifts. 

My mind still boggles at the clutter I see in the house.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Up to twins getting drivers' licenses. They had to take their drving test in Amy's white mini van. When I had to do that with my sons,  we were notified in advance that car being driven must be clean on inside. My DMV would not have allowed their instructor in that car. 

Also Molly's 14th  birthday. The vacuum is in the living room as they are opening gifts. 

My mind still boggles at the clutter I see in the house.

It must have smelled bad to!  Zack peeing on the floor didn’t help matters 

I wonder if he still does that?  When he’s tired of course. 

• Sad 1

Since that time he peed on the floor was clearly stated to have happened when he was in first or second grade and was due to nightmares and fear of the dark (Season three episode 19 titled Room for Improvement) I doubt it's an issue.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

It must have smelled bad to!  Zack peeing on the floor didn’t help matters 

I wonder if he still does that?  When he’s tired of course. 

It wouldn’t surprise me, Zach usually takes the path of least resistance….. if it’s 30 steps to the washroom and back and the corner is 5 ft away…. It’s Corner Time!  

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Up to S10. Jer is off to college, Amy wants to do a cookbook, Zach is failing to launch. Matt wants to buy the farm next door. No idea what Molly and Jacob are up to. 

Amy is no cook. She tastes cooking food in a pot from a spoon, then stirs with same spoon (company is coming, not just feeding her fam). And she tells Matt the food is nutritional. I would have used the word nutritious.

And the clutter- the whole fam is heading to Santa Barbara to check out Jer's college, and the house is trashed as they are heading out the door. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Did I miss something or is Jeremy going to college yet again? What college...ULD? The University of Lazy Dorks?

The person was talking about Jer going to college during season 10.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Did I miss something or is Jeremy going to college yet again? What college...ULD? The University of Lazy Dorks?

Sorry Chenoa33. I discovered this gem of a show very recently. After a few weeks I just HAVE to comment. Since all of you have seen this sh****** ages ago, I just try to briefly comment. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/21/2022 at 10:55 AM, BAForever said:

Up to S10. Jer is off to college, Amy wants to do a cookbook, Zach is failing to launch. Matt wants to buy the farm next door. No idea what Molly and Jacob are up to. 

Amy is no cook. She tastes cooking food in a pot from a spoon, then stirs with same spoon (company is coming, not just feeding her fam). And she tells Matt the food is nutritional. I would have used the word nutritious.

And the clutter- the whole fam is heading to Santa Barbara to check out Jer's college, and the house is trashed as they are heading out the door. 

The Roloffs never fail to disappoint! I remember watching this show as a kid and asking why is their house always dirty and why don’t the kids have sheets 😂 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Yeah tonight. It seems like the last season was on a couple of months ago.  Most of these reality shows take a year or more for another season.  What the heck could they have filmed in a couple of months? Oh right the birth of # 3 UGH!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Anyone else having pixelization issues with the Season Premier?  I have it on the live stream and on the video.  🙄 It’s not happening on any other app.  Nor on the commercials!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Ooh boy, is this just going to be another season of Zach, Tori and Amy griping about that G.D. farm?  With a big heaping’ side of more of Matt and Caryn boo-hoo-ing and acting bewildered and befuddled why Zach, Tori and Amy are being grudge-holding meanies? I may just become a lookey-loo, and read posts here instead of wasting time hate watching.

I am kinda tired of hearing Tori’s carping about her pregnancies.  I totally understand there are many women who have very difficult pregnancies, a lot of morning sickness, difficult deliveries with long and painful recovery time. It’s not easy!  Tori is certainly allowed to complain about her aches and pains.  But it’s a bit tone deaf of her to complain about her pain to Zach.  Zach experienced a ton of pain due to his dwarfism, and the various surgeries he’s had.  Tori has no clue what his kind of pain felt like, just like Zach couldn’t possibly know the pain of childbirth.

And this may sound horrible, but if pregnancy and childbirth and the recovery after are so hard on one’s body and mind, then maybe stop having more babies? Or stop publicly bitching about all the trials and tribulations you’ve suffered, when billions of women on this planet have gone through the same experience.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

Matt said at the beginning of the show, that the farm has never been for sale, that it will be left equally to the four kids when he dies. The only thing he tried to sell was the house and a few acres that it sits on. Once he is gone, Zack and Jeremy will sell that farm before Matt can even turn over in his grave. Neither would be willing to actually work and run it, and both would want to be in charge alone, period, and that would never happen. So Matt has never tried to sell their "legacy" out from under them. All of the whining and moaning was for nothing and fabricated it appears?

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

But it’s a bit tone deaf of her to complain about her pain to Zach.  Zach experienced a ton of pain due to his dwarfism, and the various surgeries he’s had.

Eh, my husband has had a ton of surgeries and is in a wheelchair thanks to his spina bifida.  I guess I'm a bad wife because I've complained to him when I'm not feeling great.  I don't care if it's tone deaf or not.  If Tori wants to complain every time she's pregnant then good for her. Although I'm with everyone else-why keep popping out babies if pregnancy sucks so much?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Meh said:

Matt said at the beginning of the show, that the farm has never been for sale, that it will be left equally to the four kids when he dies. The only thing he tried to sell was the house and a few acres that it sits on

With respect at the beginning of the show, the farm consisted of the house and the few acres. The family home and the part of the property they grew up on. The wedding barn property that expanded the farm to 108 acres was purchased when the twins were adults with money from the show. Essentially Matt is selling their childhood home and choosing to live on a completely different property. 

1 hour ago, Meh said:

Once he is gone, Zack and Jeremy will sell that farm before Matt can even turn over in his grave.

Only if he leaves it to them. I see utterly no guarantees from Matt on how he writes his will. If I were the twins I would have no expectations.

1 hour ago, Meh said:

So Matt has never tried to sell their "legacy" out from under them. All of the whining and moaning was for nothing and fabricated it appears?

Matt's repeatedly stated on camera that the farm is a legacy and he wants the children to take it over. Attempting to sell the portion of the farm that represents their childhood home after turning down their offers to buy is indeed selling the legacy out from under them. I actually respect his need to sell, not give, the place away, but he's being unreasonable in his expectations that everyone be happy for *him* particularly when he's been so public on his reasons why he doesn't want to sell to his sons. 

35 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

So, last night's episode was really boring in my opinion. Lilah and Jackson "The owner of all places", were super cute with new baby Josiah. That's all I got.

It was slow. I am definitely not the audience for the "we're having a baby" shows. 

I was amused at Chris in May noting that the market was changing ;)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

FA3E5394-59F1-4CCD-8482-50A1D852285E.jpeg

🤢🤮 Chris has become the biggest ass kissing clown of all time, he’s simply wallowing in his new found TLC dollars and Z LIST celebrity status… what a putz!

Total snorefest with Chris and his whiny nasal voice and Amy gloating about her new status as ZiT’s favorite… they all need to FOADIAF   

I didn’t think ZiT could be bigger assholes than they were last season but they’ve managed to sink to new levels of shitty behaviour.        
The only thing that amused me was how Josiah is a spitting image of Matt and doesn’t look anything like ZiT!  😂   

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Amy asked her husband if he wants her to get another tattoo…..?  That’s odd to me.  Isn’t that a personal choice?  

Amy says she had a disagreement with Matt about the sale of his property?  Lol. Man, that’s  bizarre.  I wonder if she discussed the amount of her settlement with the adult kids and offered to split it with them, since they are family. Ugh…

I noticed Tori gave birth at a hospital in Oregon.  Didn’t she move to Battle Ground, WA?  Does health insurance cover out of state facilities?  

I really hope there isn’t a lot more to show about Zach and Tori for the remainder of the series. . If the focus is on them, I’ll be out.  

2 hours ago, Meh said:

Matt said at the beginning of the show, that the farm has never been for sale, that it will be left equally to the four kids when he dies. The only thing he tried to sell was the house and a few acres that it sits on. Once he is gone, Zack and Jeremy will sell that farm before Matt can even turn over in his grave. Neither would be willing to actually work and run it, and both would want to be in charge alone, period, and that would never happen. So Matt has never tried to sell their "legacy" out from under them. All of the whining and moaning was for nothing and fabricated it appears?

Where can I find this?  My app was messing up in the beginning of the show.  I ended up watching most of it after the live feed.  I didn’t see it.  

Lets pray Zach meant it when he said his family is now complete. I can't believe this show is still on considering all we have here to see is Tori birthin' babies and how blisfully happy newlyweds Amy and Chris are. ZnT have won the TLC lottery. Zach has never amounted to anything except a part time soccer coach at the local school and Tori taught kindergarden for about a year before popping out kids. They are the luckiest lazy millenials on earth. They have absolutely nothing to complain about. 

That said, Lilah is so, so tiny and adorable. Babysitter Amy is clearly having a hard time keeping up with the kids. Nothing will convince me that Chris is enjoying all these kids. Let's not forget off camera he has to deal with Jeremy's 3 and the other forgotten kids 1. That's a lot for a man that never wanted kids. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5