Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Meh said:

Matt said at the beginning of the show, that the farm has never been for sale, that it will be left equally to the four kids when he dies. The only thing he tried to sell was the house and a few acres that it sits on. Once he is gone, Zack and Jeremy will sell that farm before Matt can even turn over in his grave. Neither would be willing to actually work and run it, and both would want to be in charge alone, period, and that would never happen. So Matt has never tried to sell their "legacy" out from under them. All of the whining and moaning was for nothing and fabricated it appears?

Wouldn’t it be great if Matt left his share to his only daughter!

Since the farm was Matt’s share in the divorce let’s spend some time discussing Amy’s share…the money!

Is she sharing her money with her children?  Helping them out!  

Amy is sitting on her $$$ half like an Eagle sitting on a nest with eggs. 

If that farm is so important to Zack and Jeremy let them pool their money, buy the farm at fair price and divide it in two!  Yes they have the $$.   They both would have equity and the chance the property could go higher and higher  

That way Matt and Amy each have their pot of cash to divide among the four when they die!

As Matt said. The boys feel entitled and think everything should be given to them pennies on the dollar!  Their brother and sister losers but who cares about them!

• Like 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

Eh, my husband has had a ton of surgeries and is in a wheelchair thanks to his spina bifida.  I guess I'm a bad wife because I've complained to him when I'm not feeling great.  I don't care if it's tone deaf or not.  If Tori wants to complain every time she's pregnant then good for her. Although I'm with everyone else-why keep popping out babies if pregnancy sucks so much?

Because Babe-Uh wants a team of dwarfs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I had to laugh at Matt griping that he spent his own money cleaning up the farm. Since he owns it, whose money did he think he should be spending? 

Matt said that he wanted Zach and Jeremy to work together to buy the farm? I don't remember that ever being a scenario that we the viewers have seen. Am I forgetting something? It was always expected (at least by Matt) that Jeremy would run the farm someday. He bailed, and then it moved on to Zach possibly buying it. When were Zach and Jeremy ever going to buy the farm together? 

I did laugh at Tori's comment that the dove took the olive branch and flew to another island. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Oh great!  A close up selfie of Amy!

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Oh great!  A close up selfie of Amy!

Man i all so tired of these two shitbowls,nobody cares about your boring shit eating lives.No one likes your food except as a murder weapon.

Go away and take that circus you call a family with you.

g

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

No, Jeremy and Zach pooling their money to buy the farm together was never ever mentioned on the show until after Matt turned down Zach's offer.

Its unreasonable and unrealistic on Matt's part to constantly whine about this scenario when its pretty clearly something he made up. Jeremy has never referenced a plan to jointly buy the farm. He offered to buy and was turned down. Zach a year later offered to buy and was turned down. Neither Zach or Jeremy have ever mentioned any joint deals where they pooled their money. Until someone other than Matt says there was a joint deal, I have to assume Matt is making that up to make the kids look like cheap ungrateful bastards unwilling to share the property. Which is always Matt's MO.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

What was Chris implying when he made that comment to Amy on the picnic bench?  She was saying she would show up to care for the grandkids when Tori went into labor and Chris responds, almost in a scoffing way, Were you first choice?  Lol. Amy brushed over it saying, I don’t know.  Was he talking about Tori’s family?  I would imagine that it is a drive from Hillsboro to Battle Ground.  (1 hour drive). Maybe, I’m funny, but I would expect my man to go with me in the middle of the night that far away.  She seemed ok with it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Amy asked her husband if he wants her to get another tattoo…..?  That’s odd to me.  Isn’t that a personal choice?  

Amy says she had a disagreement with Matt about the sale of his property?  Lol. Man, that’s  bizarre.  I wonder if she discussed the amount of her settlement with the adult kids and offered to split it with them, since they are family. Ugh…

I noticed Tori gave birth at a hospital in Oregon.  Didn’t she move to Battle Ground, WA?  Does health insurance cover out of state facilities?  

I really hope there isn’t a lot more to show about Zach and Tori for the remainder of the series. . If the focus is on them, I’ll be out.  

Where can I find this?  My app was messing up in the beginning of the show.  I ended up watching most of it after the live feed.  I didn’t see it.  

That’s not exactly what he said.  The south part of the farm where he will be building his custom house was never part of the sale.  He originally was going to sell the north part of the farm with the big house, the attractions, and some forest.  When the kids balked at the price he reduced the part for sale to the big house and the surrounding 16 acres.  So even if someone buys that Matt will still own I think 93 acres which is the south part and some forested part of the north part.

Edited by MrBuhBye

The first 10 mins of the show was not funny or entertaining.  Tori and the trainer in hysterics about Zach working out with a melon taped to his stomach was so forced.   What a waste of air time.   Amy took great delight in being asked to do the babysitting now that M&C are out of the picture.   She’s the MIMI!  They probably had to ask her so they had something to film for the show.  Amy went on about how Si is the cutest newborn ever, guess she forgot Radley her other grandson who was born just a few months earlier.

It was nice to see Tori’s mom babysitting, nice that she brought “Roseanne’s” grandmother with her!

You can really see and hear the anger in Zach when he talks about the farm and his dad.  He should get some professional help getting over it.  He would like to think that all of his siblings are on the outs with Matt, but I don’t think that is the case.

Why is Chris calling Matt to check on the sale of the property?   It’s none of his business.  If I were Matt I wouldn’t answer his calls.  If Amy and her man are so concerned about the family legacy, they should pool their money, buy the property and give it to Zach.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Endora said:

The first 10 mins of the show was not funny or entertaining.  Tori and the trainer in hysterics about Zach working out with a melon taped to his stomach was so forced.   What a waste of air time.   Amy took great delight in being asked to do the babysitting now that M&C are out of the picture.   She’s the MIMI!  They probably had to ask her so they had something to film for the show.  Amy went on about how Si is the cutest newborn ever, guess she forgot Radley her other grandson who was born just a few months earlier.

It was nice to see Tori’s mom babysitting, nice that she brought “Roseanne’s” grandmother with her!

You can really see and hear the anger in Zach when he talks about the farm and his dad.  He should get some professional help getting over it.  He would like to think that all of his siblings are on the outs with Matt, but I don’t think that is the case.

Why is Chris calling Matt to check on the sale of the property?  It’s none of his business.  If I were Matt I wouldn’t answer his calls.  If Amy and her man are so concerned about the family legacy, they should pool their money, buy the property and give it to Zach.

Chris has turned into a little busy body Mrs Kravitz always sticking his nose in to Matt’s business so he can be relevant, he’s obviously bored sick pretending to like Amy’s gross cooking for her videos and craves some excitement!

you’re right it’s none of his damn business…. If he wants to be involved he should put his money where his mouth is, buy the farm with cheapskate Amy and hand it to the kids… until then keep your big nose out of it! 

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Endora said:

Why is Chris calling Matt to check on the sale of the property?   It’s none of his business.  If I were Matt I wouldn’t answer his calls.  If Amy and her man are so concerned about the family legacy, they should pool their money, buy the property and give it to Zach.

Chris is following the script as they all are.They are zeros.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I had to laugh at Matt griping that he spent his own money cleaning up the farm. Since he owns it, whose money did he think he should be spending? 

Matt said that he wanted Zach and Jeremy to work together to buy the farm? I don't remember that ever being a scenario that we the viewers have seen. Am I forgetting something? It was always expected (at least by Matt) that Jeremy would run the farm someday. He bailed, and then it moved on to Zach possibly buying it. When were Zach and Jeremy ever going to buy the farm together? 

I did laugh at Tori's comment that the dove took the olive branch and flew to another island. Lol. 

Matt is such a whiner and seems to be playing around with some revisionist history. He said MANY times he wanted one of the kids or several of the kids to inherit the farm. He never said he wanted any of them to buy it...at least he never said it on the air. At this point I don't give a rat's ass about his farm and apparently no one else does either as Matt has had ZERO offers to buy it. From what I've read, no one wants to be a part of the family drama and no one wants to buy a property with all those ricketty "play" structures that would cost a fortune to demolish and cart away. He thought he was being so savvy by putting it on the market when it was a sellers market...unfortunately for Matt, he put it up for sale at the tail end of the seller's market and got zero bites. The market turned around quickly in late spring to a buyers market and prices went down. Now the house is an ARBNB...great strategizing there Matt.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Redrum said:

No, Jeremy and Zach pooling their money to buy the farm together was never ever mentioned on the show until after Matt turned down Zach's offer.

Its unreasonable and unrealistic on Matt's part to constantly whine about this scenario when its pretty clearly something he made up. Jeremy has never referenced a plan to jointly buy the farm. He offered to buy and was turned down. Zach a year later offered to buy and was turned down. Neither Zach or Jeremy have ever mentioned any joint deals where they pooled their money. Until someone other than Matt says there was a joint deal, I have to assume Matt is making that up to make the kids look like cheap ungrateful bastards unwilling to share the property. Which is always Matt's MO.

Thank you!!! Yes!!! Matt continues to paint his sons as ungrateful, selfish ne're do wells. And then he wonders why they don't want to hang with him and his grifty girlfriend??? Poor Matt...waa waa waa.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris has turned into a little busy body Mrs Kravitz always sticking his nose in to Matt’s business so he can be relevant, he’s obviously bored sick pretending to like Amy’s gross cooking for her videos and craves some excitement!

you’re right it’s none of his damn business…. If he wants to be involved he should put his money where his mouth is, buy the farm with cheapskate Amy and hand it to the kids… until then keep your big nose out of it! 

I mean, no one is making Matt answer questions from Chris. Matt apparently is answering questions from Chris and not yelling "none of your business" so he does seem willing to share info. Whats the problem? Aren't Chris and Matt friends? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I do think new baby Josiah does resemble Matt! Their other 2 kids are cute as well, but new baby has his own look. That's funny considering I think Zach favors Amy more than Matt. I think the average sized kids look more like their dad, especially Jacob. I didn't really see the Josiah/Matt thing until I saw that photo a poster posted up thread. That's got to sting!

Oh...I think since Chris is still a working realtor, he would already know the progress on the sale of the big house. What a bunch of blather for a story line.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Calibabydolly said:

I do think new baby Josiah does resemble Matt! Their other 2 kids are cute as well, but new baby has his own look. That's funny considering I think Zach favors Amy more than Matt. I think the average sized kids look more like their dad, especially Jacob. I didn't really see the Josiah/Matt thing until I saw that photo a poster posted up thread. That's got to sting!

Oh...I think since Chris is still a working realtor, he would already know the progress on the sale of the big house. What a bunch of blather for a story line.

thats the show, a hell of a big empty.

I wish Matt would stop talking to any of the Roloffs and ex Roloffs about the sale of the farm. The farm belongs to Matt. He bought Amy out.  When he passes his 4 children will inherit the farm or whatever assets Matt has.  Why would one of his kids inherit the farm? He has four. These money grubbing kids wanting their inheritance before Matt dies is disgusting. I don't care what he said  or when he said it, I don't know anyone who gives one child a great deal on property at the expense of the other 3. If Amy is so pissed about her favorite son, Zach not getting the farm let her take the money that Matt paid her and give it to Zach to buy the damn farm. 

2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

He said MANY times he wanted one of the kids or several of the kids to inherit the farm

One or several what about all 4 inheriting the farm? What about waiting until dear old dad is dead? 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

One or several what about all 4 inheriting the farm? What about waiting until dear old dad is dead? 

Dad is the one moaning he needed to sell the family home and a small portion of his land because he simply couldn't handle the upkeep anymore. Dad is also the one who took out a pretty stiff mortgage with the ex to purchase the land and now needs money to build himself a new house since his girlfriend can't bear to live in the family home.

Until just recently Matt has been adamant that he wants to sell, preferably in a bidding war. Its not selling and now somehow running it as an Airbnb will be less up and less expense? One of the media articles said it would be 26 weeks before they could accept reservations. Not seeing how this is working out well.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Well like I said it's Matt's property to do with what he wants. Amy, Zach and Tori have made an entire season about how unfair this is to Zach. I would be so embarrassed to come across as someone who wanted my father's property at the expense of my siblings.   Zach needs to chill out and get over it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

Good grief…that first episode was horrible.

I guess there is a producer that thought Zac wearing the watermelon would be entertaining. He or she should be fired!

And good gosh…Zach stating Matt is playing the victim! All the while for two seasons now throwing a fit about how horribly he has been treated.

Poor Zach &Tori. Boo Hoo…

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ya no kidding… ZiT are like vultures.. they should be ashamed.

money grubbing weasel kids raised by a money grubbing weasel mother 😖

Just a point of clarification.  Did Amy receive her entire cash settlement in the divorce OR did matt give her only a portion of that money with monthly installments to act as sort of an annuity for her old age.  I don't recall where I read something like that, but never knew if it was true.

It’s so weird that only one out of four kids will participate in this show anymore.  This is basically about three mostly isolated couples now and if any one of the three decides to drop out I don’t think they would have enough material to fill an hour (it’s a stretch now lol).

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, b4pjoe said:

I guess there is a producer that thought Zac wearing the watermelon would be entertaining. He or she should be fired!

This was funny for like three seconds. We didn't need ten minutes of it. 

1 minute ago, b4pjoe said:

And good gosh…Zach stating Matt is playing the victim! All the while for two seasons now throwing a fit about how horribly he has been treated.

That Zach plays the victim doesn't mean Matt doesn't. Matt's still moaning how the boys couldn't come together on a deal and now he's selling the farm and everyone is attacking poor poor Matt for that. Zach definitely learned the pity party routine from dear old dad. 

Just now, pdlinda said:

Just a point of clarification.  Did Amy receive her entire cash settlement in the divorce OR did matt give her only a portion of that money with monthly installments to act as sort of an annuity for her old age.  I don't recall where I read something like that, but never knew if it was true.

When they divorced there was no specific cash settlement. The properties were split evenly in ownership. Amy owned half the wedding barn property and half the big house property. When Amy sold her half of the wedding barn property, she received approximately 667k. When she sold the big house property - Matt bought it for 975k and has said that he is making payments to Amy and still owes her a lot of money. There's been no mention of an annuity set up by Matt to pay Amy. He did take out an 870k mortgage to buy the property from Amy.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Endora said:

And it was blatantly obvious he expected Matt to sell him the farm for pennies on the dollar because, you know, he's family (ignoring the fact this would had screwed over his other 3 kids). 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Redrum said:

When she sold the big house property - Matt bought it for 975k and has said that he is making payments to Amy and still owes her a lot of money.

Not to belabor a point that is only open to speculation, I was wondering if we could assume that Amy bought her new house for cash (I'm not sure what she paid for the house but I believe it's reasonable to conclude that she paid in the neighborhood of $600K).  That would have more-or-less exhausted the cash settlement she received from Matt. 

Then, to pay her the remaining $975K he owes her, Matt took out that large mortgage that he may disburse to her on a specific schedule (like monthly).  

I am only commenting about this in the context of many posters mentioning that Amy should have financed Zach's purchase of the farm from Matt or otherwise assisted Zach financially and I wasn't getting where people were assuming that she was flush enough with cash to have provided Zach with the $$$ he would have needed to satisfy Matt's original asking price.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I am only commenting about this in the context of many posters mentioning that Amy should have financed Zach's purchase of the farm from Matt or otherwise assisted Zach financially and I wasn't getting where people were assuming that she was flush enough with cash to have provided Zach with the $$$ he would have needed to satisfy Matt's original asking price.

Realistically she wasn't. I have no doubts that Amy is well off financially - she gets paid to do the show after all. I don't think she was able to throw down 2 or 3 million to help Zach out. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think what most people are saying is when Amy owned her half of the farm why didn’t she sell her half to Zac at a reduced price like she thinks Matt should have done. And Matt had said he offered it to Zach at half price.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

I think what most people are saying is when Amy owned her half of the farm why didn’t she sell her half to Zac at a reduced price like she thinks Matt should have done. And Matt had said he offered it to Zach at half price.

Because - and this was discussed on the show although never in one clear sitting, Amy and Matt agreed in the divorce settlement to give each other the right of refusal when it came time to sell. If Matt decided he wanted to sell to Caryn, for example, for one dollar, he had to give Amy the opportunity to take that same deal as she was part owner of the property. Likewise Amy couldn't lowball offer her part of the property to Zach without first giving Matt the opportunity to purchase at the same price. This sort of thing is set up in divorces and other situations to prevent "spite" selling. This is part of why Matt was always complaining that he could do nothing until Amy agreed to sell to him - he couldn't just sell to a stranger either. 

• Like 7

At least Caryn and Matt weren't laughing and joking about the argument like they did last season. They seemed to think the whole break with Zach and Tori was hilarious in the beginning of last season.

They seem more serious about it now. Caryn suggested to Matt that he should meet with Zach and apologize. I think they are right to finally realize that it's not funny when you hurt your child's feelings. It's a shame that they figured it out way too late.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

Not to belabor a point that is only open to speculation, I was wondering if we could assume that Amy bought her new house for cash (I'm not sure what she paid for the house but I believe it's reasonable to conclude that she paid in the neighborhood of $600K).  That would have more-or-less exhausted the cash settlement she received from Matt. 

Then, to pay her the remaining $975K he owes her, Matt took out that large mortgage that he may disburse to her on a specific schedule (like monthly).  

The same thing can be said for Matt, he paid Amy around $650,000 and then had to take out a mortgage for nearly $900,000 for the rest of what he owes her so he isn’t exactly ROLLING IN CASH but somehow Matt is expected to hand the farm to Zach and when he said he couldn’t afford to sell it for the reduced “family price” that ZiT expected to pay for it he’s an ogre who hates his sons and doesn’t want his grandchildren to grow up on the farm 🙄

Whats good for the goose (Amy) is good for the (Gander) I don’t think either of them were so flush with cash that they could have given it to Jeremy or Zach for such a reduced price.

I love how Zach said “I know what I can afford and I can’t afford Matt’s price” but apparently he’s such a bonehead that he can’t see that maybe Matt knows what HE can afford too and giving the farm to Zach at a reduced price wasn’t possible because Matt couldn’t afford to do that.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Redrum said:

When Amy sold her half of the wedding barn property, she received approximately 667k. When she sold the big house property - Matt bought it for 975k and has said that he is making payments to Amy and still owes her a lot of money. There's been no mention of an annuity set up by Matt to pay Amy. He did take out an 870k mortgage to buy the property from Amy.

If he took out a mortgage to buy the property from Amy then why is he making payments to her and still owes her alot of money? That doesn't make sense. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

If he took out a mortgage to buy the property from Amy then why is he making payments to her and still owes her alot of money? That doesn't make sense. 

Because he took out a mortgage for less than he paid her? So, mortgage + direct payments?

Tori giving in birth in glittery eyeshadow and false eyelashes just makes me laugh

19 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris has turned into a little busy body Mrs Kravitz 

LOL!    Chris and Abner Amy Kravitz

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I missed that...must have been a quick camera shot.

Actually my mistake… Murphy was in a few shots when Zach came home with the watermelon on and they were out on the back patio with Tori’s mom and gramma.. just quick glimpses of him.

the scenes with Murphy chasing the chickens were from the “bonus scenes” in the previous episode from last season which I watched first just to refresh my memory of where we left off last season.

I like to watch how Zack is keeping up his own property.   Remembering Matt saying something about if Zack bought the property then he, Matt, would have to continue the upkeep!

Looking at Zacks property gives us an idea how he's doing.  Not good.  There was a push mower in the back yard with grass growing around it!

The front yard was a mess.  Lawn needed mowing and bushes needed to be trimmed.

If Zack doesn't want to keep up his own property hire somebody to mow and trim.

Anybody that takes care of their property would hate sharing property lines with lazy Zack!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I like to watch how Zack is keeping up his own property.   Remembering Matt saying something about if Zack bought the property then he, Matt, would have to continue the upkeep!

Looking at Zacks property gives us an idea how he's doing.  Not good.  There was a push mower in the back yard with grass growing around it!

The front yard was a mess.  Lawn needed mowing and bushes needed to be trimmed.

If Zack doesn't want to keep up his own property hire somebody to mow and trim.

Anybody that takes care of their property would hate sharing property lines with lazy Zack!

Aren’t they surrounded by a trailer home and some industrial site lol?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Matt's basic premise is a fallacy though.  Zach is an adult.  When property is sold, the seller is no longer responsible for it.  Matt is basically saying outright that he is going to meddle with his adult son and DIL's property and that would set most people off.  

It would be the same thing as if my mother came over and said the floors in my house weren't up to her standard and she'd be sending her cleaning service over on Tuesday.  Matt would need to do something he'd struggle with doing and that is sell the property and then keep his mouth shut and comments about the property's use and upkeep firmly locked in his own head.  If he wanted to continue to try to control the property, then he was right not to sell it to one of the twins.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Matt's basic premise is a fallacy though.  Zach is an adult.  When property is sold, the seller is no longer responsible for it.  Matt is basically saying outright that he is going to meddle with his adult son and DIL's property and that would set most people off.  

It would be the same thing as if my mother came over and said the floors in my house weren't up to her standard and she'd be sending her cleaning service over on Tuesday.  Matt would need to do something he'd struggle with doing and that is sell the property and then keep his mouth shut and comments about the property's use and upkeep firmly locked in his own head.  If he wanted to continue to try to control the property, then he was right not to sell it to one of the twins.

I agree with you. Matt is a control freak, so he would feel compelled to take care of the property, which has always been his baby. He believes that his 'empire' would fall into a state of disrepair under Jeremy or Zach without his daily involvement.

And on the flip side, I can see why Matt believes his kids are lazy and piggish and is reluctant to sell to them. He fears the future. We have seen the boys on the farm and no-one has ever accused them of working too hard.

It probably would have been good for the family and its healing if Matt had been successful in selling off the farm. 

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Aren’t they surrounded by a trailer home and some industrial site lol?

Yes and it’s a good thing because as @Jeanne222 said it’s a mess…..there’s grass and weeds growing up against the house, the back patio needs attention, the wooded area is going to seed and the front of the house is looking very unkempt, run down and the thing is their property is only 2 ACRES!… Zach was pouting because Matt cut back the size of the farmhouse parcel to 16 acres… I can’t imagine how he’d manage to care for 16 acres when he can’t even look after 2 acres. 🙄

If their home was in an area with nice homes the neighbours would be up in arms and calling the city to do something…. Zach is lazy and a slob.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I agree with you. Matt is a control freak, so he would feel compelled to take care of the property, which has always been his baby. He believes that his 'empire' would fall into a state of disrepair under Jeremy or Zach without his daily involvement.

And on the flip side, I can see why Matt believes his kids are lazy and piggish and is reluctant to sell to them. He fears the future. We have seen the boys on the farm and no-one has ever accused them of working too hard.

It probably would have been good for the family and its healing if Matt had been successful in selling off the farm. 

It's funny that Matt would be concerned that his kids wouldn't be able to take care of the farm since Matt has been the one behind the building of those play structures that are in complete disrepair and at this point are are not only eyesores but dangerous. If Matt didn't have a crew of people to do all the work around the farm that he can't do it would be one hot mess.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
On 11/2/2022 at 4:09 PM, Endora said:

I think some people really live their lives waiting on the jackpot that may be an inheritance. I have BIL who still complains about a vacation home on Cannon Beach that went to his stepmother when his father died, still complains 25 years later. Gripes about how wealthy he could have been and the struggles he has. I tend to live by the motto that an old boss of mine held, "my dying does not mean you win the lottery". He owned a restaurant and his son thought he would just walk right in and it would be his once he was all grown up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yes and it’s a good thing because as @Jeanne222 said it’s a mess…..there’s grass and weeds growing up against the house, the back patio needs attention, the wooded area is going to seed and the front of the house is looking very unkempt, run down and the thing is their property is only 2 ACRES!… Zach was pouting because Matt cut back the size of the farmhouse parcel to 16 acres… I can’t imagine how he’d manage to care for 16 acres when he can’t even look after 2 acres. 🙄

If their home was in an area with nice homes the neighbours would be up in arms and calling the city to do something…. Zach is lazy and a slob.

I totally agree, In the latest episode I couldn't get over how seedy their place is looking but then the camera pans around and you see that industrial site or whatever the hell that is next door and the trailer home on the other side and I still wonder why they bought it. It would look so much better with a fence and some hedges but Zach seems oblivious.

Chris as a realtor hit the nail on the head when he said said 'it's not an attractive flag lot' and "it doesn't have any curb appeal" and now it's looking like a run down house in a crappy location.

Zach was all pumped when they were going to put in their offer, he said "Location, Location, Location!" is he nuts?  It's a terrible location and they're too dumb to realize it.

Zach is a moron and so is Tori and what's up with Jackson taking months to finally receive a good behavior report from school, I suspect that his "OWNING" every place he walks into that Tori seems to find so endearing isn't going over very well with his teacher.

Jackson constantly butts in and has to be the center of attention while little Lilah has to take a back seat and her idiot parents are so enamored with Jackson that they do nothing about it, he's going to run into kids as he grows older that will set him straight, right now he's in with 5 yr olds, wait until he's in a classroom of 8, 9 or 10 yr olds and he pulls that shit.

Edited by Munchkin
link
  • Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I totally forgot about this nonsense starting up again, so I just watched the premiere and below are my musings, which also are mostly nonsense:

• Not enough Murphy, too much of everyone else.  Ideally, the split should go something like:  70% Murphy antics, 10% Amy and MYMAN, 5% Matt, Caryn and the farm, 5% Amy, Matt, Caryn and MYMAN, 5% the kids, 3% cinematic shots of the Battleground old rusty trailer and the non-working lawnmower, 1% Amy,Deb and Lisa, 1% scenes of paint drying, 0% Zach and Tori.
  • Watermelon scene, whichever producer came up with that slop should be fired
  • Chris says sometimes Amy likes to dress a little wild. Calm down, MYMAN, we all saw the crown hanging off the bed post or night stand but let’s pretend it was the bedpost  🤭
  • Matt and Caryn, I’m so tired of hearing about the damn farm.  I don’t care if you got to break that jogging stroller out and go on a hike, strap Matt on those skis again, but get some new material.
  • Let’s fawn over Jackson, while Lilah roams around over there by the weeds, seems about right (at least Murphy was keeping watch)
  • I can totally see why Zach and Tori are mad that Matt “screwed the family over!!”…I mean they were totally blindsided!  Why would they have thought that anything like could have happened?? Well Jeremy….NOPE! Because IIRC that’s Jer’s former family, which makes getting “screwed over” totally ok.  Plus you throw in all that free child care, Z&T have to allow it. Now Matt and Caryn where you went wrong was that you specifically “screwed over” Zach and Tori, so now you two can hit the bricks.  Besides Z&T are just going to go back and unignore Amy and get some free childcare.  I mean you two are not the only ones that have the privilege of doing Z&T favors, so that’s your loss Pops and take Caryn with you! (Oh and so it’s clear, I don’t particularly like Matt either 🙃)
  • What’s breech? Duh…never change, Zach, never change.
  • Who does the baby look like? Well Tori, he looks like your arch nemesis, Matt.
  • Who is the best at holding the baby? Jackson….of course! I mean he OWNS the baby, so that kind of makes sense.  Although in his defense, did you see the line up on that sofa? That may very well have been a true statement on Jackson’s part.  At worst, he’s probably second best 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • Is that Lilah toppling over in her chair? “Unbelievable”, Zach lethargically says.  Why does he think this is unbelievable? This poor child is constantly falling, being knocked down, driven into trees.  I take back my earlier statement, just let that child hangout by the weeds.  At least Murphy was on duty, he’ll handle it.

*I know it’s very hard to tell from my post, but Zach kind of  irritates me 😏

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Who does the baby look like? Well Tori, he looks like your arch nemesis, Matt.

That might have been the messiest baby I’ve ever seen handed to a mom on tv.

3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Who is the best at holding the baby? Jackson…

I was wondering about the wisdom of having two babies hold a baby.  Don’t you have to support its head, be careful about the soft spot, etc.  I guess it’s safer than leaving it unattended on the kitchen island.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4