Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Matt offered them the house and half the land (not the woods) for what they paid for the house in Battle Ground.

I thought he offered it for half the listing price (4 mil) which would be 2 mil.  They paid less than one mil for BG.

41 minutes ago, Endora said:

agree that Amy is just angry that 2 years later the farm is worth so much more than she sold it to Matt for

Assuming he gets the 4 mil asking price.  It has been on the market for 2.5 months at some point there will be a price reduction unless he decides to keep it.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Biggest message of this episode was Amy is C.H.E.A.P!  Buy your own damned bike and stop bitching over spilt milk about what she got bought out for!

Also sick of talking about “the farm!”  

I thought after she harangued Matt he would rescind the offer to lend the bike.  Guess he isn’t as petty as some of them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I honestly thought the "borrow the bike" thing was one of those production "we need an excuse for Amy to go to the farm" scenes. 

On an aside this would be the fancy exercise bike Zach bought for his dad after neck surgery.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

She said this for a long time but then there came a time when she was shown mooning around the big empty house and saying it didn’t feel like home anymore and she didn’t like looking at the double wide.  Her versions of things are often inconsistent.

Sometimes people's opinions do change.  Also her feelings may vary from day to day depending on what is happening.  Especially after a divorce, it's normal to do some vacillating.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

What about this storyline?  Jeremy and Zach pool their assets, buy the farm together, and their families share the house.  Much bickering between Tori and AujPoj ensues.

Yeah why torture your kids if you can afford your own homes maybe not as big with your own property? 

The big house doesn't split easily especially with ten people living in it.

• Love 3
(edited)

Matt seems to think that Amy spoiled his children. Maybe if he focused more on being a husband and father, his kids wouldn't be so spoiled.

As I recall the episodes when the kids lived at home, Amy was always alone with the children. I don’t remember Matt taking an active role in their upbringing at all.

I think that he was preoccupied with Caryn, drinking, and the farm. His family was low on the list.

Edited by Libby
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Redrum said:

Yeah why torture your kids if you can afford your own homes maybe not as big with your own property? 

The big house doesn't split easily especially with ten people living in it.

I was seeing it more for comic potential.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy is the biggest sourpuss over the property going up in value. Life happens. I’m sure the home she settled in has gone up in value too!

I am sure if the price of that property had dropped 50% Amy would gladly have given him half of the money back. sarcasm.gif.add3f58c1e9eab46c28cd081a768badc.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I was seeing it more for comic potential.

Fair, and I admit Jeremy and Audrey vs Zach and Tory as Odd Couples would be hilarious but too many kids in tow these days.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

What about this storyline?  Jeremy and Zach pool their assets, buy the farm together, and their families share the house.  Much bickering between Tori and AujPoj ensues.

I suspect this is exactly what production would have liked to see happen.  They would again have the mix of average height people and little people interacting in the same space.  They would be on the farm which has featured quite a bit in the show. And they would have a mix of adults and children which had been the starting point for the series.   To production's dismay, the grown ass children decided to make adult decisions to purchase homes for their families. Hence the series storyline became the family conflict over the sale of the farm. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Mary said:

Zack is just plain nasty.  Did anyone notice those filthy socks Zack was wearing?  Does he walk outdoors in those?  Even worse was his lack of awareness about it.  Gross.

Zack IS gross and always has been. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought he offered it for half the listing price (4 mil) which would be 2 mil.  They paid less than one mil for BG.

Assuming he gets the 4 mil asking price.  It has been on the market for 2.5 months at some point there will be a price reduction unless he decides to keep it.

I understood that there were two offers-- The original for the North Side (what is for sale now) at $2MM then the reduced land counter offer that was closer to a million.  This is my understanding from watching the whole season, not just last night.

It also seemed like a series finale.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
17 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I understood that there were two offers-- The original for the entire North Side at $2MM then the reduced land counter offer that was closer to a million.  This is my understanding from watching the whole season, not just last night.

It also seemed like a series finale.

But then he would have said he offered it for a quarter of its value. Because the property for sale is not the entire north side but the smaller section of the house and sixteen acres.

• Love 1

Interesting that part of the reason Matt didn’t bend any further was that he would end up babysitting Zack. 

Matt knows his kids…always kids. 

Matt wants less responsibility not more. 

If Amy was so interested in family legacy why didn’t she sell to Zack or if that was impossible set the new deal that Matt could only sell to family!

Amy took the money and ran!  Matt’s still dealing with her left behind crap!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Biggest message of this episode was Amy is C.H.E.A.P!  Buy your own damned bike and stop bitching over spilt milk about what she got bought out for!

Also sick of talking about “the farm!”  

This!

Amy seems to think that Matt should have offered Zach the farm for whatever Zach could afford and completely dismisses any thought that Matt needs to live too… he’s said more than once that he doesn’t want to keep living in a double wide trailer for the rest of his life.

I don’t see ZiT or Amy and Chris living in a trailer but Matt is supposed to stay in the trailer if that’s what it takes to give the entitled brats the farm.

Matt isn’t made of money, like everyone else he needs money to build his new home so he can be comfortable too, if the place doesn’t sell for 4 million maybe he’ll refinance to get the money but it’s obvious he can’t afford to give it away, not even to jackass Zach and his scowling hag wife….. Amy needs to STFU and go away!

• Applause 3
  • Love 5

I wish that Matt would have said to Amy if you felt so strongly about keeping the farm as a legacy why didn't you buy my 1/2 of the north side of the farm. Then you could have given it to Zack for the family discount that you keep talking about. Nope Amy got her money and moved on. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The snark potential is off the charts.

• Love 3

Amy whispering at Tori about the farm sale was so disgusting, trying so hard to get a reaction out of her blob daughter in law but all she got was more scowling, mumbling and frumping. 😂

Zach is a 30something man with a family of his own but Amy continues to treat him like a child, Chris has to “ watch his words” when critiquing his sandbox and Matt should hand him the farm on a silver platter, meanwhile Zach is pushing his toddlers to grow up and become more self sufficient so he doesn’t have to look after them as much!  🙄. He’s such a lazy turd, he should be ashamed of himself.

I had to laugh when Chris went through his big production about becoming Jackson’s buddy and telling him he could name the frog, Jackson looked bored and said “Jet” and chris looked pleased for a millisecond until Tori had to shit on his parade by saying “is this Jet the 14th or 15th?” And how Jackson names all his ditch tadpoles/frogs “Jet”…. Nothing special.. total FLOP!  Keep sucking Chris!!  😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Redrum said:

I honestly thought the "borrow the bike" thing was one of those production "we need an excuse for Amy to go to the farm" scenes. 

On an aside this would be the fancy exercise bike Zach bought for his dad after neck surgery.

I think you're right about the bike being a production decision...as so many of the scenes this season seem to be. Same with the faux Amy/Chris/Matt/Caryn "friendship" with the dinner get togethers and visit in Arizona. I mean these "frenemies" see each other more than Gwyneth Paltrow/Brad Falchuk/Chris Martin/Dakota Johnson do.

Edited by Hedgehog2022
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Libby said:

Matt seems to think that Amy spoiled his children. Maybe if he focused more on being a husband and father, his kids wouldn't be so spoiled.

This is exactly what happened. She did spoil the children.  Amy was miserable because Matt made all the business decisions for the family and how he wanted to run the farm, disregarded any input from Amy, renovated the house the way he wanted it and treated Amy like an employee not a partner.

In return and in her frustration Amy said (on the show) that the kids were her territory and Matt had no say. She took over raising the kids. Zach and Jer lived like animals and Amy let them. I remember their bedroom being a disgusting pig pen with them sleeping on a mattress on the floor, no sheets on the gross mattress, plates of dried up old food, yes, empty soda cans everywhere, too, and dirty clothes thrown all over the room. You couldn't even walk in there. They never helped clean up the house even though their friends were always there making a mess. It was their party house because there were no rules.  Matt complained about Zach and Jer but it didn't matter to Amy one bit. He also complained because Amy never cleaned, the kitchen was always trashed. They were both so mismatched and spiteful to each other. It's all on tape and it was uncomfortable to watch them go at it.  Neither one of them was better than the other.

Jacob was completely ignored because Amy was too busy coddling her only dwarf son and Molly is the only one that realized she had to get the hell out of there, get herself a good education and make her own life. She loves her family but at a distance.  

I hope this was the last season because there is nothing more for these people to show us. Except ZiTs fawning all over their kids and new baby. How exciting. 

Sorry for the long winded post but this last episode infuriated me with listening Matt and Amy blaming each other for all that went wrong in that family.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Libby said:

As I recall the episodes when the kids lived at home, Amy was always alone with the children. I don’t remember Matt taking an active role in their upbringing at all.

I think that he was preoccupied with Caryn, drinking, and the farm. His family was low on the list.

THIS!!! Let's go to the videotape....Matt was very unplugged with the kids when they were younger. He was "building his empire" and hanging out in bars with his BFFs in his spare time. Later on when the kids were teens both he and Amy were on the road doing speaking engagements or doing their separate things. The kids were not supervised and schoolwork was not a priority. Both Jeremy and Zach squeaked by to graduate high school. Molly was self motivated and was super smart. She was the outlier...college for her was a given but for the boys...not so much. I think Matt felt that building those play structures was some sort of "cool" thing he could give his kids. Maybe so for a short time, then they just used them to have "apple" chucking wars with their rowdy friends...now they are just eye sores that are a huge problem from a sales perspective. Removing those structures will cost any buyer of the farm a small fortune. Amy seemed more focused on the twins playing soccer than helping them focus on their schoolwork.

Matt whines alot about having to do all the financials and caretaking of the farm and how the boys never learned to do anything. Why is that? If Matt was completely honest he would admit that he never had any interest in teaching them or having them apprentice during the summer months. Matt is a bit of a control freak and prefers to be the boss and sole controller of his empire...that's fine but don't whine that the kids never took any interest in it when you didn't exactly make that a priority for the future of the farm.

And lets talk about Jacob...we now know where all that anger and aggressive physical behavior came from...he was molested by a production person on the show. For most parents, finding out about this would have been enough to stop filming...not Matt and Amy...they must have made some sort of settlement with TLC. Otherwise I can't understand why they would continue to film...it certainly didn't help Jacob. In summary...both Matt and Amy were guilty of putting the business of the farm and their own personal needs ahead of being plugged in parents and decided to just let the kids be kids...only stepping in when they got out of control and destroyed property. They both could have done better.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

This is exactly what happened. She did spoil the children.  Amy was miserable because Matt made all the business decisions for the family and how he wanted to run the farm, disregarded any input from Amy, renovated the house the way he wanted it and treated Amy like an employee not a partner.

In return and in her frustration Amy said (on the show) that the kids were her territory and Matt had no say. She took over raising the kids. Zach and Jer lived like animals and Amy let them. I remember their bedroom being a disgusting pig pen with them sleeping on a mattress on the floor, no sheets on the gross mattress, plates of dried up old food, yes, empty soda cans everywhere, too, and dirty clothes thrown all over the room. You couldn't even walk in there. They never helped clean up the house even though their friends were always there making a mess. It was their party house because there were no rules.  Matt complained about Zach and Jer but it didn't matter to Amy one bit. He also complained because Amy never cleaned, the kitchen was always trashed. They were both so mismatched and spiteful to each other. It's all on tape and it was uncomfortable to watch them go at it.  Neither one of them was better than the other.

Jacob was completely ignored because Amy was too busy coddling her only dwarf son and Molly is the only one that realized she had to get the hell out of there, get herself a good education and make her own life. She loves her family but at a distance.  

I hope this was the last season because there is nothing more for these people to show us. Except ZiTs fawning all over their kids and new baby. How exciting. 

Sorry for the long winded post but this last episode infuriated me with listening Matt and Amy blaming each other for all that went wrong in that family.  

100%!!!!!! In hindsight, they should never had married. After all they hardly knew each other when Matt proposed to her after meeting at a LP annual convention. A whirlwind courtship of just a few weeks and bing, bang, boom, they were engaged and then married. Totally mismatched and little premarital discussion about division of labor, mutual agreements about how the finances would be handled and how future children would be raised. 

And I agree...time for TLC to end this series and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I watched the episode.  For me that was an episode that did not need making.  Everything was contrived and production driven it seemed.  It's time to quit forcing these people to be together and time to quit interviewing them about the whole farm debacle.  No wonder they seem tense.  They all want to be over it.  

• Love 3
(edited)

At first I thought the exercise bike might be a production story to get Amy to the farm, but she didn’t really need that plot point because she already had crap at the farm she had to go look at to see what she needed to move.  So I think she might have actually wanted to borrow the bike. 

I wasn’t really surprised by what Matt said, he mentioned way back years ago when Jeremy wanted the farm and Zach and Tori wanted nothing to do with it something to the effect of when he’s gone, if Jeremy and Audrey had the farm then Zach needs more money what’s gonna happen…ie Jeremy getting the farm at the discounted price leaves Zach (and the others) with less of an inheritance.

He said what happens when Zach and Tori have say 3 kids and want to upgrade their home and then they look at Jeremy and Audrey living on the big farm then they have to go to them after he and Amy are gone. Tori shouts out they don’t want the farm, they just want to bring Sully over to run around. Lol flash forward 5-7 years.  Zach and Tori have 3 kids and Murphy and we’re looking to upgrade their house.. lol

The dinner conversation on the episode in Hawai’i foreshadowed a lot.  Amy seemed to be nudging Zach to say they both would be on the farm with Zach admitting he doesn’t know how to do anything while Jeremy pontificates about a document they sign promising not to fight over anything. This farm mess has been dragging out for years.

Both Matt and Amy caused the twins to be spoiled, entitled, and lazy in my opinion.  Matt was half absent and Amy coddled them too much. If the twins didn’t get married they’d both probably still be sleeping on twin sheetless dirty mattresses at the farm, Matt could have sold the property to some slumlord with a stipulation the twins get to live there and have a spin-off called Little Work Ethic, Big Entitlement

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Removing those structures will cost any buyer of the farm a small fortune. Amy seemed more focused on the twins playing soccer than helping them focus on their schoolwork.

Maybe the money spent paving the driveway would have been better spent removing the plywood wonderland.

51 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

And I agree...time for TLC to end this series and move on. 

I think It is still pulling a million plus viewers so it isn’t going anywhere.  Maybe TLC can find buyers (maybe even an LP family) that will agree to be filmed and both families can be featured.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Over the years, there were plenty of times Matt attempted to instill some sense of responsibility within the kids and Amy wouldn’t hear it. She joined in to verbally attack Matt when she knew he was right.  Amy knows the truth about that.  

You can tell Amy still has so much resentment. I don’t think it’s due to still loving Matt either.  And, I don’t think it’s due to hurt.  I think that Amy seriously enjoyed the battle she had with Matt and that she can’t stand the fact that he finally had enough of it.  I think she derived a sick pleasure from their dysfunction.  The show is allowing her to continue playing the game.   Lol Plus, she gets paid!  

• Like 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Libby said:

Yep I went back to the divorce forum the other day and someone quoted him on several remarks he’s made such as coming late to a graduation wasn’t an issue for him because waiting around is a waste of his time. She made their breakfast took them to school ,shopped and cooked, worked and coached or managed their teams and hauled them to those games. She hosted the events that their children were so popular  for.   He was always negative in addition to making himself the victim . I found  the maybe I should go to Hawaii and get me when there are grandchildren especially amusing.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Yep I went back to the divorce forum the other day and someone quoted him on several remarks he’s made such as coming late to a graduation wasn’t an issue for him because waiting around is a waste of his time. She made their breakfast took them to school ,shopped and cooked, worked and coached or managed their teams and hauled them to those games. She hosted the events that their children were so popular  for.   He was always negative in addition to making himself the victim . I found  the maybe I should go to Hawaii and get me when there are grandchildren especially amusing.  

Yeah that remark about how he was going to Hawaii and don't bother him until there were grandkids was Matt doing his best as a dad wasn't it? Also loved the insisting that he absolutely had no regrets for showing up to the high school graduation late. 

• Love 7

I couldn’t get over how disrespectful Zack was as he sat in his chair his father built and told the world that none of them responded to Matt’s text telling all four he was putting the farm up for sale.

He seemed so happy Matt was ignored. 

I would hate to think I raised a son so mean, hateful and vengeful. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I couldn’t get over how disrespectful Zack was as he sat in his chair his father built and told the world that none of them responded to Matt’s text telling all four he was putting the farm up for sale.

Sometimes if a text doesn’t ask a question it doesn’t call for a response.  And sometimes if it is a question it calls for an answer only if the answer is in the affirmative, e.g., let me know if you want to do x.  Silence then would mean you don’t want to.

Plus all the kids probably knew he would read their responses on tv so why play into that?

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

You reap what you sow.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Libby said:

You reap what you sow.

This.

29 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Plus all the kids probably knew he would read their responses on tv so why play into that?

Frankly I doubt anyone of the kids other than Zach appreciate being called out on national television by their dad for not deserving the farm because of all the wacky hijinks that TLC encouraged and filmed. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy whispering at Tori about the farm sale was so disgusting, trying so hard to get a reaction out of her blob daughter in law but all she got was more scowling, mumbling and frumping. 😂

This!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Redrum said:

Yeah that remark about how he was going to Hawaii and don't bother him until there were grandkids was Matt doing his best as a dad wasn't it? Also loved the insisting that he absolutely had no regrets for showing up to the high school graduation late. 

Yet he seems to take great personal pride in the Roloff fertility…just not the part of being a plugged in participant.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Jackson looked bored and said “Jet” and chris looked pleased for a millisecond until Tori had to shit on his parade by saying “is this Jet the 14th or 15th?” And how Jackson names all his ditch tadpoles/frogs “Jet”…. Nothing special.. total FLOP!  Keep sucking Chris!!  

Yes! That whispering Amy did was so preposterous! I’m like why is she whispering off to the side? It looked like a drug deal going down, what’s with all the secrecy? Tori sat there looking uncomfortable like she was constipated and angry.  I get she was heavily pregnant, but she seemed extra miserable even for her.

God forbid Chris actually was happy for a second, Tori has to trample it like Godzilla on a small village.  She’s insufferable anymore. She actually irritates me more than Matt or Amy and that’s saying something.  At least those two can be interesting and comical with their delusions, Tori is as interesting as soggy bread and bumbling Zach adds nothing to the mix besides dirty socks.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Zach and Tori are so full of themselves that they aren’t aware of how obvious it is they are bothered big time!  All the boasting about how they are over it, past it, don’t care and didn’t even respond to Matt’s email, is AMPLE evidence that they are majorly NOT over it.  They aren’t smart enough to see how that much protesting is a give away. 😆 I tell you one thing…..if Zach and Tori ever split up, that’s going to be a BRUTAL divorce.  I can’t tell which one of them is meaner.  Lol

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

ach and Tori are so full of themselves that they aren’t aware of how obvious it is they are bothered big time!  All the boasting about how they are over it, past it, don’t care and didn’t even respond to Matt’s email, is AMPLE evidence that they are majorly NOT over it.  They aren’t smart enough to see how that much protesting is a give away

I get what you're saying but I also think you're ignoring that this is a tv show and they're being asked to directly comment on it. 

First, that Matt didn't call the kids on the phone and no one in production sat Matt down in a confessional and asked him why he didn't call up each child and talk to them like a person about his decision to sell the family home is *telling* about the level of control Matt gets on the edit. He couldn't spare four kids a twenty minute phone call? 

That Zach was directly asked about his response to the text means he didn't get the option of not answering "did you respond". And it's the story line and Matt isn't answering questions he doesn't want to answer so where is production going to go to?

I get the impression that Zach and Tory are really done over the business in part because they're in the embarrassing position of being Matt's go to butt - Matt's spent this entire season treating the audience to his opinion of how stupid they were and how lousy they'd be running the farm.

I'd really love production to sit Matt down and ask "what did you mean when you told Amy "There's a lot going on that you don't know about"?" because that'd actually be interesting but it goes against the narrative of Poor Matt and his bad kids. 

That none of the kids responded to the email/text tells me that no one is interested in playing Matt's game of "who will dance for me to get the farm" any more. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Zach and Tori are so full of themselves that they aren’t aware of how obvious it is they are bothered big time!  All the boasting about how they are over it, past it, don’t care and didn’t even respond to Matt’s email, is AMPLE evidence that they are majorly NOT over it.  They aren’t smart enough to see how that much protesting is a give away. 😆 I tell you one thing…..if Zach and Tori ever split up, that’s going to be a BRUTAL divorce.  I can’t tell which one of them is meaner.  Lol

I don’t think they’ll ever split up. He has the $$$ and she has three dwarf children she’d have to raise alone. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Redrum said:

I'd really love production to sit Matt down and ask "what did you mean when you told Amy "There's a lot going on that you don't know about"?" because that'd actually be interesting but it goes against the narrative of Poor Matt and his bad kids. 

Or, it could be things that would hurt Amy and he doesn’t want to go there. Or, it could be something that’s actually none of her business at this point.

As far as negotiations about “the farm”, we will never know exactly what took place. Even if it was filmed, that nasty old editing would be at play. And, I don’t think all of us would even agree about what took place anyway.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Or, it could be things that would hurt Amy and he doesn’t want to go there. Or, it could be something that’s actually none of her business at this point.

As far as negotiations about “the farm”, we will never know exactly what took place. Even if it was filmed, that nasty old editing would be at play. And, I don’t think all of us would even agree about what took place anyway.

Perhaps but again - its a reality show and he signed up for it. This gets tossed around for everyone else on this show over something they want to keep private - if Matt's going to call Amy out in an argument over how there's a lot going on that she doesn't know about - why can't production ask him what that is? Part of why we never know exactly what took place is because this type of thing gets said and production doesn't do any follow up. 

• Love 3

I’m fully on board with reality shows being scripted, planned, directed…..absolutely, but there are some things the producers can’t fabricate and that is true rage and resentment.  Z and T are still seething over their perceived slight and I don’t think they are capable of hiding it.  The same goes with Amy’s flare ups.  When people are really over something, it’s obvious.  

• Love 6

Ref, Zach being so delighted in his claim that no one responded to the email about the sale of farm house: How does he know?  A sibling could have responded to Matt without copying Zach. Why would they want to share it with Zach?  The sibling might consider the response private and send it to Matt only or call him to respond.  And if Zach had the audacity to question his siblings about whether they responded, then that shows his rudeness even more.  It was none if his business.  I’m not sure what Zach thought he was bragging about no one responding to the email, but it was hardly anything to brag about.  Perhaps, they responded and asked Matt to keep it confidential.  

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref, Zach being so delighted in his claim that no one responded to the email about the sale of farm house: How does he know?  A sibling could have responded to Matt without copying Zach. Why would they want to share it with Zach?  The sibling might consider the response private and send it to Matt only or call him to respond.  And if Zach had the audacity to question his siblings about whether they responded, then that shows his rudeness even more.  It was none if his business.  I’m not sure what Zach thought he was bragging about no one responding to the email, but it was hardly anything to brag about.  Perhaps, they responded and asked Matt to keep it confidential.  

But Matt also shared that none of the kids responded to him. So either Matt is also lying or Matt is violating the privacy of his other kids.

Zach was delighted about the lack of response because Matt was really doing his best to provoke the family. Really, Matt couldn't do individual phone calls to talk about it? That was telling to me. He's emailing/texting over news that rates a live phone call.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Matt said on the show that no one responded to his text.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Redrum said:

Zach was delighted about the lack of response because Matt was really doing his best to provoke the family. Really, Matt couldn't do individual phone calls to talk about it? That was telling to me. He's emailing/texting over news that rates a live phone call.

Not sure how telling them that he is putting that property on the open market is provoking them. To me that was a courtesy to let them know what was going on.

Zach even stated on the show that his dad "was trying to make money off of his family instead of honoring the "legacy"  of keeping the farm in the family. And Matt offered it for half of market price. I guess Zach believes he should have just gave it to him. And Matt even admitted he was wrong to have said that over the years about the legacy of the farm. Also Zach could have made the offer long before the prices shot up 400% instead of waiting until last year when market value was at an all time high. And he just bought a house that was at an all time high price. What is he going to do if market prices drop back to regular levels and he wants to sell it. Zach has a lot of learning to do about how to live smart.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5