Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

On the show, we have seen Jackson be rough with Lilah.  That and Zach and Tori's reactions are open to discussion.

Jackson has not been shown in school.  Therefore we are going way too far afield debating how he will or will not be treated by other children and how he may then treat Lilah if he is bullied.  Let's move on.  Speculation about potential future behaviors is taking over the thread.

As always, if you've made your point, move on.  Also, when making your point, do not overstate others opinions for them.  These are young children.  Let's take more care in how we are painting them. 

Questions? PM @PrincessPurrsALot.  We do not discuss moderator actions in the forums.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/25/2022 at 11:31 AM, Redrum said:

Neither child looks like they are starving from not being fed. They could use better table manners, yes, but not getting enough to eat? No.

Looks like Lilah is surviving on little bags of those veggie stick snacks from the way she's always carrying one around.  It was tragic seeing her struggle with the big bowl of noodles while both parents sat across the table laughing at her.  Bet that mess just got thrown out when it was all over!  Maybe the crew is keeping her in Chris Craft catered food.

• Sad 1
  • Love 7
On 6/29/2022 at 2:10 PM, pdlinda said:

When Caryn bought Matt the adult "stroller" they did go on a walk (hike) in the woods together.  Because of his physical limitations, I'm not sure how many activities they are actually able to do.

Exactly; Matt is severely physically disabled, obviously, which makes what he does somehow manage to do all the more amazing and admirable.  My guess is he and Caryn have more of an intellectual/spiritual/emotional relationship than one based on physical prowess as evidenced by zooming around on motorcycles or jumping out of airplanes and I don't even want to know what else, a.k.a. "having adventures."

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 6/30/2022 at 10:22 AM, ginger90 said:

Anyone can “retire”. 

Amy, who is a millionaire married to Chris who's probably also a millionaire now if he wasn't before he hooked up with Amy since he's since sold a house, pocketed and invested the money, gotten a nicely paid side gig with TLC and the farm, and continues to sell houses in the biggest real estate boom ever, can certainly retire.  She's just poor-mouthing so Zach won't put out a hand asking her for "help," too.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, Absolom said:

I agree that Murphy could become one of few enjoyable performers.  Did we even see him in this last episode?  

I didn't enjoy Caryn talking about being motion sick.  Why didn't Matt have a stool so he wouldn't need Chris to lift him into the jeep? 

Poor Murphy!  He's really and truly now a "junkyard dog."  Their appalling treatment of that sweet soul is even more appalling when your realize that BMDs seldom live more than 5 or 6 years, being particularly prone to developing cancer.

I'm sure Caryn didn't enjoy BEING motion sick, but they were being accommodating hosts since "adventurers" Chris and Amy had to ride the bumpy ride while there.

A stool wouldn't have gotten Matt up and over the side of that vehicle unless he just rolled in head first; his legs are useless.  He had to be hoisted up and over it just as Jeremy used to bear-hug and lift him into the mule; now farm workers do.  It was nice of Chris to help.

On 6/30/2022 at 10:20 AM, DonnaMae said:

Doesn't Chris still occasionally sell a house?  Amy earns money on YouTube with her smarmy wonderful cooking videos, made 'with love' for her millions of fans. 🙄

Made with "love," skin cells, unwashed hair, and saliva.

Edited by Dibs
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 6/30/2022 at 7:35 PM, readheaded said:

They did show them on a trip to the beach a few seasons ago and Matt bitched about being there the whole time. 

I can't imagine it's very easy for Matt to navigate sand dunes on his crutches.

• Love 9
On 7/1/2022 at 7:58 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I’m sure Tori is bummed that two dwarves (Matt and Amy) had three out of four average sized kids yet an average sized person (Tori) and a dwarf (Zach) have had three dwarves in a row.  

Well, that would be math (or at least statistics) again.  If they didn't understand the true value of the farm, as evidenced by three separate individual objective appraisals, you can't expect them to understand that they have a 50/50 chance of having a dwarf with every pregnancy.  There's that pesky reality intruding!

• Love 9
On 7/2/2022 at 9:40 AM, 65mickey said:

I think there is a lot of truth in this. If she has a fourth child that child may very well be a dwarf. So she now has 3 dwarf children and Zack acting like a 4th child and she is a probably a little disappointed if not down right resentful. Doesn't mean that she loves her children less than if they were average size children. 

Tori seems to get angrier and more bitter all the time.  Each dwarf birth seems to exacerbate the situation.  Wait until they're ALL having corrective surgeries at once.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Endora said:

If Jackson is going to be picked on in school I think it will be more about his legs then his height.  Those legs are really bad IMO.

I noticed both Zach and Tori using the word "chose" regarding the surgery, as in "we CHOSE the less invasive (or "intrusive" as Teacher Tori once erroneously put it) procedure."  That certainly sounds like the more invasive -- and the immediately effective -- procedure was offered to them and perhaps even recommended; only Tori is attending these appointments, so even Zach is relying on her reporting, which I suspect is bound to be sugar-coated since Tori seems to live in Lala Land.  Unconscionable that they would deny him a sure fix for their own comfort's sake.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 6/27/2022 at 3:30 PM, Joan of Argh said:

That’s fixed?

still looks like a gray tooth to me, he should get his money back!

29B6A1B5-0901-40B3-B26D-544307E1F2A8.jpeg

Strange!  It looked white (or whiter) on the show.  Special filters?  And egad!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It's kind of hard to feel sorry for poor little Amy being forced to film scenes with Matt and Caryn when you see what a bitchy little bulldozer she is.

Amy is laughing all the way to the bank 

She's obviously capable of putting her foot down or her ass down in someone's car seat if she doesn't like what's going on. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 7/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, Dibs said:

I can't imagine it's very easy for Matt to navigate sand dunes on his crutches.

Whatever, he's the one who agreed to go. Blame Caryn for asking him to take her there.

23 hours ago, PuddleJumper said:

It's kind of hard to feel sorry for poor little Amy being forced to film scenes with Matt and Caryn when you see what a bitchy little bulldozer she is.

She's obviously capable of putting her foot down or her ass down in someone's car seat if she doesn't like what's going on. 🙄

Good for her. When it's Matt, it's all good that he bosses people around. It's laughable that Amy's the bulldozer. 

On 7/3/2022 at 3:22 PM, Dibs said:

I noticed both Zach and Tori using the word "chose" regarding the surgery, as in "we CHOSE the less invasive (or "intrusive" as Teacher Tori once erroneously put it) procedure."  That certainly sounds like the more invasive -- and the immediately effective -- procedure was offered to them and perhaps even recommended; only Tori is attending these appointments, so even Zach is relying on her reporting, which I suspect is bound to be sugar-coated since Tori seems to live in Lala Land.  Unconscionable that they would deny him a sure fix for their own comfort's sake.

Lots of assumptions there.

• Sad 1
  • Love 8
On 7/3/2022 at 1:29 PM, PuddleJumper said:

Yes. There she is, getting aggressive with a building inspector. As always, the bulldozer is keeping it classy and professional. Amy's behavior is disgusting.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. There she is, getting aggressive with a building inspector. As always, the bulldozer is keeping it classy and professional. Amy's behavior is disgusting.  

It’s kinda funny in that the inspector was concerned about one of Matt’s junky “attractions”, which she generally disapproves of.

• LOL 3

Ironically Matt praised her repeatedly for doing that and even sued the county over the incident. (It ultimately failed in court as Matt was claiming they were discriminated against).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

With Amy’s manners it’s a wonder she didn’t yell “Shove it up your ass!!”  👎🏻

(and yes I know Caryn said the “F” word about ZiT being spoiled, rotten, immature morons) 👍🏻

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Fun tidbits from the latest episode. 

Zach artfully product places Sonic's.

There's a fireplace in the big house garage for some reason. 

Amy has two wrapped pallets of boxes in the big house garage. 

Chris thoughtfully points out the dead birds in the fireplace in the garage.

Per Amy, she didn't press for full market value when she sold her portion to Matt because she understood that the plan was for one of the kids to assume that part of the farm. Makes me increasingly amused that Matt still hasn't gotten any takers for the property. 

Caryn still refuses to live in the big house despite Matt clearly being fine with the idea of living there. 

Matt offers to become engaged to Caryn when he breaks ground for the new house. FYI that has happened per Instagram with no accompanied engagement. 

Matt spends a LOT of time letting the public know that his kids are idiots for not accepting his offer to sell the farm to them, that they will regret it when they realize just what the property is worth. This also makes the lack of a sale really amusing to me. 

Zack built a cute roofed sandbox for the kids.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Redrum said:

Chris thoughtfully points out the dead birds in the fireplace in the garage.

Per Amy, she didn't press for full market value when she sold her portion to Matt because she understood that the plan was for one of the kids to assume that part of the farm. Makes me increasingly amused that Matt still hasn't gotten any takers for the property. 

Caryn still refuses to live in the big house despite Matt clearly being fine with the idea of living there. 

Fireplace in the garage complete with dead birds, who wouldn't want to buy that plus the dilapidated village that they'll have to clear along with the pumpkin season buildings and parking lot?  

I really thought Amy would press for fair market value.  She knows she can't trust Matt.  I guess she should have fought Matt harder to put more of a plan in place.  Interesting that Matt then wants inflated top of the housing boom price from his children.  I hope it sits for a good long while until the market balances again.  

Caryn may have more sense than I've been willing to credit her with before now.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Fireplace in the garage complete with dead birds, who wouldn't want to buy that plus the dilapidated village that they'll have to clear along with the pumpkin season buildings and parking lot?  

I will throw Matt a bone - this was before the property went on the market so I imagine it's been cleaned. I was just more.... who made the judgement call to put a woodburning fireplace in the garage??

3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I really thought Amy would press for fair market value.  She knows she can't trust Matt.  I guess she should have fought Matt harder to put more of a plan in place

I was surprised as well but it seems she fell for Matt's patter that he was going to give the kids a deal. She still did well but I am not shocked Matt used her gullibility in trusting him to line his pockets. 

7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Caryn may have more sense than I've been willing to credit her with before now.  

I hope she's realizing how the engagement keeps getting put off and not happening.

• Sad 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Redrum said:

Per Amy, she didn't press for full market value when she sold her portion to Matt because she understood that the plan was for one of the kids to assume that part of the farm.

Per Amy is the operative phrase. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Is she known to lie?

Considering Matt's often lauded ability to get a deal, I really can buy he got Amy to sell at a lower place because he told her his often repeated wish for one of the kids to take over. And then not feeling bound by any such agreement since it wasn't in writing. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Redrum said:

Is she known to lie?

Considering Matt's often lauded ability to get a deal, I really can buy he got Amy to sell at a lower place because he told her his often repeated wish for one of the kids to take over. And then not feeling bound by any such agreement since it wasn't in writing. 

Or because the offers were “insulting.”

• Love 2

I'm really not following - Matt would be the one offering here as we're talking about the sale from Amy to Matt. What did Amy do to insult Matt when he would have been the one making the offer?

3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Just wondering, has anyone seen EllaWycliffe? Always looked forward to her early reviews from Discovery+  👍🏻

I was wondering that too.  We haven't heard a peep since mid May.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Redrum said:

What's interesting on this claim by Amy is that in December 2019 the property was valued at $1.6 million, so when Matt paid her out at $975K 8 months later it probably was market value.  I also remember her being suspicious that she wasn't getting taken by Matt.  

I think Matt is now asking far above market value.  I wonder it he has had any offers.  Farmland sells at a different pace than residential property, but this property doesn't seem worth $4MM. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

What's interesting on this claim by Amy is that in December 2019 the property was valued at $1.6 million, so when Matt paid her out at $975K 8 months later it probably was market value.  I also remember her being suspicious that she wasn't getting taken by Matt.  

I think Matt is now asking far above market value.  I wonder it he has had any offers.  Farmland sells at a different pace than residential property, but this property doesn't seem worth $4MM. 

I tend to think she probably could have gotten more if she'd been... a grasping bitch about it. He really wanted the property, she probably could've gotten him to pay more if she'd tried. I don't think she got taken for a ride but I think it's plausible she didn't push him for more because it was somewhat understood that the property would eventually go to one of the kids.

I think its overpriced currently. There's not enough land for an actual farmer to do much with it and while the house is lovely, its also dated and a bit weird. Did I mention the fireplace in the garage? :D

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I just saw the Sonic product placement.  I’ve seen all kinds of product placement on TLC, including other in-show commercials for Sonic (on Outdaughtered).  I’ve seen the last of it, though.  From now on, I’m changing the channel on it.  Some of these long-running TLC shows have become hard enough to watch without them trying to make extra money off of their viewers.

• Love 12

Good thing Amy isn’t in charge of anyone else’s finances if she’s so naive and easily taken to the cleaners and add insult to injury she was engaged to a supposed top notch realtor at the time yet he didn’t advise her that big bad Matt was getting her wheelbarrow and her cheese!

she must have gone to the “ZiT School of Business” where 60 yr olds don’t need any money for retirement. 🙄

3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Exactly, she’s so full of it she’s turning brown 💩

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

So Matt and Amy didn't have an appraisal on the property? Matt just threw out a number and Amy said ok that's fine with me. I find that hard to believe. And unless Matt specifically said to Amy that he wanted to keep the price low so that he could pass along a deal to Zack this is on Amy if she ageed to this. She is just pissed because she realizes that she could have gotten more money from Matt if she had been a little smarter and bargained a little harder. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

Maybe I’m just over this show and everyone is annoying me.  Caryn and her goody two shoes act just irked me more than usual tonight.  Her exaggerated  sweet voice, asking Matt 50 bazillion times if he’s sure about selling, her constant simpering that all she wants is Matt and Zach to heal their relationship…it’s all just too much.  I will say she’s absolutely right about “the big house” being dated.  The designs and architectural details and finishing are ripped right out of “Cookie-Cutter McMansion Digest”, Summer 2001 edition.

How does Amy still have her crap left in the old house??  She hasn’t realized if she hasn’t looked for it in a year or two, then she doesn’t need it? How many more QVC clown statues and Dollar Store mugs does she possibly need?

It was nice to see Amy really engage with Lilah; speaking to her and encouraging her to speak. Unlike her parents who plop her unattended on the nearest flat surface (kitchen island, bedroom floor littered with metal poles, mud-bog back yard…), and then turn their backs to marvel at Jackson.  

The sandbox looked pretty good, so good for Zach doing that on his own.  I just hope they have a tarp or some kind of cover to keep the neighborhood cats from using it as a luxury litter box.  Especially living next to that Sanford & Son lot, and their swampy drainage ditch creek, god knows how many feral critters are roaming the property.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Redrum said:

I'm really not following - Matt would be the one offering here as we're talking about the sale from Amy to Matt. What did Amy do to insult Matt when he would have been the one making the offer?

I meant Matt’s excuse for turning down the offers from Jeremy and Zack.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mary said:

I just saw the Sonic product placement.  I’ve seen all kinds of product placement on TLC, including other in-show commercials for Sonic (on Outdaughtered).  I’ve seen the last of it, though.  From now on, I’m changing the channel on it.  Some of these long-running TLC shows have become hard enough to watch without them trying to make extra money off of their viewers.

On Darcey and Stacey they did the whole order at the drive thru window and then eat in the car.  The grandpa and the granddaughters.  

(edited)

Jackson did not look properly buckled into his car seat when Zach was driving the kids around Hillsboro. I’m thinking he should at least have his upper body restrained with a shoulder harness. Do they think viewers won’t notice this stuff?

Edited by Cancun
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Was Tori hallucinating when she said Zack looks good in jeans?

This is the same woman who was *Drooling* over Zach in his weight lifting singlet like he was a Chippendale Dancer and making comments about his package. 😖

I’ve tried to forget it…. but like Michael Corleone… just when I think those thoughts are gone…. 

A05E4437-A4EB-4B73-A5A2-9B5A2D1D6597.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

This is the same woman who was *Drooling* over Zach in his weight lifting singlet like he was a Chippendale Dancer and making comments about his package. 😖

I’ve tried to forget it but…. but like Michael Corleone… just when I think those thoughts are gone…. 

A05E4437-A4EB-4B73-A5A2-9B5A2D1D6597.jpeg

Some people like a cocktail wienie on occasion.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

That's a wood stove in the garage, for heat. He has one in his new log cabin. Still weird to have in garage.

I've read on here that Tori really wants an average size child. If that's true I don't think Zack could have been a bigger asshole when she announced they were having another dwarf. I thought he was going to start doing cartwheels and the mic drop. GTFOOH! 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

That's a wood stove in the garage, for heat. He has one in his new log cabin. Still weird to have in garage.

I've read on here that Tori really wants an average size child. If that's true I don't think Zack could have been a bigger asshole when she announced they were having another dwarf. I thought he was going to start doing cartwheels and the mic drop. GTFOOH! 

He wants an army of dwarves like Lord of the Rings.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if Zach finds his days fulfilling by driving the kids to visit some family members and skipping others.  That’ll show them.  Grandkids can be easily manipulated and used for adult egos.  Zach disgusts me and his supportive wife isn’t far behind.  I really wish their roles on the show would get smaller.  Even watching the kids is heartbreaking.  Little Lilah…omg….so sad. The child appears to be so sad.  And, Jackson..bless his heart, he’s trying so hard.  Their condition on that property is concerning. 

I get why Caryn doesn’t want to live in the big house, even if it’s renovated.  It’s so large…..it would be expensive to do a total renovation.  It was dated, but, I can live with dated.  It might not be my aesthetic, but if it’s functional, I can accommodate it.  However, when you can have a nice, new build, why not.  Matt really needs one floor though.  

Amy’s argument about the sale of the farm made no sense.  So, you negotiate a property settlement with the aid of attorneys, real estate experts and financial planners, with a deal you find acceptable, then later say your ex should take their share of the settlement  and give it to the adult children?  Hmmmm……lolOf course, what else could she say.  If the kids are allowing her to see the grandkids, she probably feels compelled to stay on their good side.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

With Amy’s manners it’s a wonder she didn’t yell “Shove it up your ass!!”  👎🏻

(and yes I know Caryn said the “F” word about ZiT being spoiled, rotten, immature morons) 👍🏻

Thank you for mentioning Caryn's use of the F bomb when describing ZiT...Caryn likes to come across as this easy going gal who is doing her best to be a good friend to the Roloff kids and their spouses  but I'm not buying it...I see a lot of passive aggressive language coming out of her mouth mixed with some downright agressive language. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if Zach finds his days fulfilling by driving the kids to visit some family members and skipping others.  That’ll show them.  Grandkids can be easily manipulated and used for adult egos.  Zach disgusts me and his supportive wife isn’t far behind.  I really wish their roles on the show would get smaller.  Even watching the kids is heartbreaking.  Little Lilah…omg….so sad. The child appears to be so sad.  And, Jackson..bless his heart, he’s trying so hard.  Their condition on that property is concerning. 

I get why Caryn doesn’t want to live in the big house, even if it’s renovated.  It’s so large…..it would be expensive to do a total renovation.  It was dated, but, I can live with dated.  It might not be my aesthetic, but if it’s functional, I can accommodate it.  However, when you can have a nice, new build, why not.  Matt really needs one floor though.  

Amy’s argument about the sale of the farm made no sense.  So, you negotiate a property settlement with the aid of attorneys, real estate experts and financial planners, with a deal you find acceptable, then later say your ex should take their share of the settlement  and give it to the adult children?  Hmmmm……lolOf course, what else could she say.  If the kids are allowing her to see the grandkids, she probably feels compelled to stay on their good side.  

I call BS when she said if she knew what Matt was going to do she would have bought him out and sold the property to one of the kids at a discount.  Assuming she could even afford to buy him out. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Jackson is trying so hard? Trying so hard at what exactly? He is the favored child and gets tons of attention and accolades for almost everything he does and says. Lilah is basically ignored. This little girl needs an evaluation by a hearing specialist since her speech is severely delayed. If that testing comes up normal then she needs to be seen by a neurologist to rule out autism. Why Tori and Zach are accepting her delayed speech and not seeking to see if something is wrong is really unacceptable. At age two she should be speaking ALOT more than she does...in fact, I've never even heard her say Mama or Dada...she just doesn't speak at all. All of this begs the question...what the hell is going on with their pediatrician??? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Thank you for mentioning Caryn's use of the F bomb when describing ZiT...Caryn likes to come across as this easy going gal who is doing her best to be a good friend to the Roloff kids and their spouses  but I'm not buying it...I see a lot of passive aggressive language coming out of her mouth mixed with some downright agressive language. 

I always am left with the feeling that I want to know what Caryn says when she isn't being filmed.  I get the feeling that what comes out in privacy after three glasses of wine won't match up.

• Applause 3
  • Love 7