Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, BucFan said:

Chris' obsession with being buddies with Matt and Caryn is sick. I think Amy has had alot of patience with this situation. Chris is just so freakin' weird. 

It's for the show!  They need to have a little drama, so making Chris be pals with Matt is what they're doing.  When they aren't filming, they probably don't see each other unless it's family related.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Speaking of money...what was all that retirement talk?  Does somebody have a job to retire from?

Doesn't Chris still occasionally sell a house?  Amy earns money on YouTube with her smarmy wonderful cooking videos, made 'with love' for her millions of fans. 🙄

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
23 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

It's for the show!  They need to have a little drama, so making Chris be pals with Matt is what they're doing. 

Probably true. Chris agreeing to go along with it tells me everything I need to know about him. Actually, Amy too.  He's changed since he started dating Amy. I never cared for him but at least in the beginning he had a mind of his own. Now he's just an ass kissing follower. I guess they need the $$$ to save for their "retirement" so they can buy that forever home. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

It's for the show!  They need to have a little drama, so making Chris be pals with Matt is what they're doing.  When they aren't filming, they probably don't see each other unless it's family related.

I think a lot of it is for the show too, although maybe Chris does want them all to dance around naked in the vortex 😂

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

I think a lot of it is for the show too, although maybe Chris does want them all to dance around naked in the vortex 😂

The producers want the couples to interact and I would not be surprised if everyone involved agreed that the plot vehicle would be Chris pushing it because it is the least farfetched narrative.  Without the show they wouldn’t be hanging out to this extent.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Chris annoys the shit out of me. Everything that comes out of his mouth sounds like a whine. 

Also, maybe he is going along with producer shenanigans, but his teasing Amy about being buddies with her ex is really disrespectful. 

It's hard to root for anyone on this show. Go Lilah! Go Murphy!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Maybe, I’m more perverted than I know, but something about this season with the couples and their new partners just cracks me up? Where to start?  Caryn pushing Matt in the device had my sides hurting, plus all the sarcasm about it. Then the couples talk about it over dinner. Oh, and the trip to AZ….Amy groans about visting her EX and his GIRLFRIEND!  🤣 Amy studies the food Caryn prepared like it might have poison in it. Lol   They top it off with Matt pinning Chris with a memento!  Who the hell are the writers this season!  They are knocking it out of the park!  I suspect they are laughing all the way to the bank. 

I take the show as a realty show, with some realty.  Money fights over the farm….probably very real.  Still, it’s a JOB for them and they do what they have to to get paid.  I don’t judge them for that, because actors get paid for fake stuff all the time.  Now, if it hurts others, that not ok.  It’s like the stuff we see with Z and T and the kids….NOT okay.  Get off the show and attend parenting and child safety classes.  I don’t find anything about them amusing.  Just sad and infuriating.  You shouldn’t be able to play a drinking game to every time Z and T’s kids are in danger. It’s ridiculous! 

I equate realty tv with professional wrestling.  It’s fake and prearranged, but occasionally people really do get hurt.  

• Love 9

I agree that Murphy could become one of few enjoyable performers.  Did we even see him in this last episode?  

I didn't enjoy Caryn talking about being motion sick.  Why didn't Matt have a stool so he wouldn't need Chris to lift him into the jeep?  They really went on that bumpy, bumpy jeep ride again?  

That episode seemed to be scraping the bottom of the barrel of manufactured episodes and poor Lilah wandering along with a bag of chips.  I guess that was inducement to get her to go along.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

Chris annoys the shit out of me. Everything that comes out of his mouth sounds like a whine. 

And his f'n always rubbing Amy's right shoulder in their talking heads. She's going to have a huge dent there if MyMan doesn't stop rubbing her. These two definitely give the vibe that their relationship is not real. At least IMO, it has no sincerity to it. Like bad actors. Only time will tell.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I equate realty tv with professional wrestling.  It’s fake and prearranged, but occasionally people really do get hurt.  

That is spot on!

But they all get rich doing it.

• Wink 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I agree that Murphy could become one of few enjoyable performers.  Did we even see him in this last episode?  

Yes, Murphy was smooshed against the wall behind Zach when Jackson was conking poor Lilah on the head.  They should have “Murphy’s Musings” each episode and post thought bubbles over Murphy’s head during all the Z&T family scenes at home.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
23 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

And his f'n always rubbing Amy's right shoulder in their talking heads. She's going to have a huge dent there if MyMan doesn't stop rubbing her.

Yep, he really likes that one spot on her arm. Barf.

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Why didn't Matt have a stool so he wouldn't need Chris to lift him into the jeep?  They really went on that bumpy, bumpy jeep ride again?  

Because then MyMan would not have had the opportunity to give Matt a "bear hug". That scene was so ridiculous. MyMan actually rubbed Matt's back after he hoisted him into the Jeep. MyMan seems to be very touchy feely.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Sometimes, those little endearing things our lover does become annoying as hell!  I wonder if Amy is getting to that point with the shoulder rub. 😝  I do pick up on some sarcasm from Chris at times….but Amy usually keeps from snipping about it.  With Matt……whoa…..she was free with her reactions.  Overall, I think that Amy is being a good sport about the whole thing.  It doesn’t make sense to cut out you income about something that’s history.  She’s already looking towards another house and retirement.  

• Useful 1

Amy isn’t going to act like what Chris says or does bothers her to a great degree as this would be admitting their relationship is not perfect.  I think she is gritting her teeth through all Chris’ bs about his desire to be friends with the people who betrayed Amy at least in her eyes.  Chris should have her back  but keeps pushing this.  Part of it is producer driven I am sure but come on he seems so willing!

• Love 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Jackson is constantly making himself the center of every activity and also tries to poke, prod or hurt Lilah whenever he can.

Impossible, he is the best brother in the whole wide world!  No one surpasses him, Tori has posted this dozens of times🤣

11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Affair or no affair Amy only tolerates Matt and Caryn for the show paycheck.  That's her role.  Amy will do lots of things for that $$$.

Exactly, you can see she is not happy at all, she should refuse to interact with them.  If you were cheated on and badly hurt, no amount of money is worth having to act chummy with them and spend time together.  Chris is weird and acts so stupid with Matt, for his sake I hope it’s producer driven.  

Twenty dollars for a mattress, why didn’t he just buy Lilah a doll’s bed.  Zach is disgusting.  He’s stupid, cheap, angry and unattractive in my opinion.  BTW, that Lilah bed scene was a repeat, we saw the same scene when Jackson got a “big boy” bed.  Repeating boring shit, the show is basically done!

Edited by Endora
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And his f'n always rubbing Amy's right shoulder in their talking heads. She's going to have a huge dent there if MyMan doesn't stop rubbing her

At least they are not constantly kissing anymore. Lort that was annoying! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Endora said:

Impossible, he is the best brother in the whole wide world!  No one surpasses him, Tori has posted this dozens of times🤣

Exactly, you can see she is not happy at all, she should refuse to interact with them.  If you were cheated on and badly hurt, no amount of money is worth having to act chummy with them and spend time together.  Chris is weird and acts so stupid with Matt, for his sake I hope it’s producer driven.  

Twenty dollars for a mattress, why didn’t he just buy Lilah a doll’s bed.  Zach is disgusting.  He’s stupid, cheap, angry and unattractive in my opinion.  BTW, that Lilah bed scene was a repeat, we saw the same scene when Jackson got a “big boy” bed.  Repeating boring shit, the show is basically done!

Hey they are saving painting mountains on the wall for a special episode.

• LOL 5
On 6/29/2022 at 2:10 PM, pdlinda said:

When Caryn bought Matt the adult "stroller" they did go on a walk (hike) in the woods together.  Because of his physical limitations, I'm not sure how many activities they are actually able to do.

They did show them on a trip to the beach a few seasons ago and Matt bitched about being there the whole time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Endora said:

He’s stupid, cheap, angry and unattractive in my opinion.

In summation, Zach is a thoroughly repulsive individual who has very few, if any, redeeming qualities.  I understand that Tori thought he was her ticket to financial success, so maybe on that score, he's attractive to her (even hard for me to type that phrase); however, his spousal and parenting skills are sadly and profoundly inadequate.

I hope Lilah and Josiah develop some "self defense" skills toward Jackson as the years go on.  Lilah never appears safe in his presence, and Josiah seems so vulnerable to Jackson's antics!

34 minutes ago, readheaded said:

They did show them on a trip to the beach a few seasons ago and Matt bitched about being there the whole time. 

He was in a bathing suit???  I must have missed that episode.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

In summation, Zach is a thoroughly repulsive individual who has very few, if any, redeeming qualities.  I understand that Tori thought he was her ticket to financial success, so maybe on that score, he's attractive to her (even hard for me to type that phrase); however, his spousal and parenting skills are sadly and profoundly inadequate.

I hope Lilah and Josiah develop some "self defense" skills toward Jackson as the years go on.  Lilah never appears safe in his presence, and Josiah seems so vulnerable to Jackson's antics!

He was in a bathing suit???  I must have missed that episode.

No bathing suit, it wasn't summer at the time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

It's become so obvious that Prince Jackson is spoiled and very used to being the center of attention. He is so mean to Lilah. It's heartbreaking to watch. His learned behavior is only going to get worse. He's a little spoiled brat. Can't wait til ZiT have that normal baby. The Prince will become the court jester. Keep him away from the kitchen knives.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

It's become so obvious that Prince Jackson is spoiled and very used to being the center of attention. He is so mean to Lilah. It's heartbreaking to watch. His learned behavior is only going to get worse. He's a little spoiled brat. Can't wait til ZiT have that normal baby. The Prince will become the court jester. Keep him away from the kitchen knives.

Maybe he should be Chuckie for Halloween.

• LOL 5

Jackson has a big personality and did well with grownups on Matt's farm!  He could run freely, ride with grandpa all over the farm!

Zit got mad, hurt and took Jackson out of that arena he was thriving in.

Cooped up in a house with no fun outside activities is making Jackson an annoying little twit!

He's poking and prodding and annoying as hell in this new place!  Shame on those pouting parents.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I just pray that Jackson doesn't push Lilah into the drainage ditch one of these days.

Because he couldn't push her into the various ponds and pools on Rolofff Farms? Or push her off the pirate ship or from the roof of one of the buildings in Western town that the kids were allowed to play apple wars on? Or brutalize her with one of the many farming implements littered in the many barns?  Remember there are opportunities EVERYWHERE for him to commit violence.

9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jackson has a big personality and did well with grownups on Matt's farm!  He could run freely, ride with grandpa all over the farm!

Zit got mad, hurt and took Jackson out of that arena he was thriving in.

Cooped up in a house with no fun outside activities is making Jackson an annoying little twit!

He's poking and prodding and annoying as hell in this new place!  Shame on those pouting parents.

Actually being treated like the prince of Roloff Farms by all the adults is a large part of why he's spoiled, in my opinion, particularly being allowed to run freely as a two, three and four year old with no discipline from anyone.

The new place is not small - its not Roloff Farms but it IS a really spacious house on two acres of property. The average lot size for homes in the US is one fifth of an acre, so while its not a farm and not Roloff Farms, Jackson has plenty of run around activity space outside.

Since Roloff Farms is currently on the market to be sold to strangers, perhaps its best that Jackson go thru the withdrawals now since he will never be able to live his childhood on the farm regardless. And if he's acting out, yeah, he's five, they do that. Nothing I've seen on this show makes me think he's a little boy with serious psychiatric issues, but opinions do vary. 

Edited by Redrum
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
On 6/30/2022 at 9:50 AM, TipseyGirl said:

This!  The tone of Chris’s voice is so whiny it grates on my nerves (he always sounds like his nose is plugged) And he loves to lean back, fold his arms and pontificate… I wish someone would tell him to stick a sock in it and STFU!

He’s getting worse every episode, he’s LOVING his 15 minutes.  I very much preferred the old Chris, this new one is repulsive and creepy. 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

This!  The tone of Chris’s voice is so whiny it grates on my nerves (he always sounds like his nose is plugged) And he loves to lean back, fold his arms and pontificate… I wish someone would tell him to stick a sock in it and STFU!

He’s getting worse every episode, he’s LOVING his 15 minutes.  I very much preferred the old Chris, this new one is repulsive and creepy. 

Agreed!  And is it just me or is he putting on a lot of weight?  He now has a stomach to rest his crossed arms on when he pontificates!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Agreed!  And is it just me or is he putting on a lot of weight?  He now has a stomach to rest his crossed arms on when he pontificates!

Too many Amy casseroles loaded with carbs and cheese.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

What? Baby #3 was also a dwarf. 

I’m sure Tori is bummed that two dwarves (Matt and Amy) had three out of four average sized kids yet an average sized person (Tori) and a dwarf (Zach) have had three dwarves in a row.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Redrum said:

And if he's acting out, yeah, he's five, they do that. Nothing I've seen on this show makes me think he's a little boy with serious psychiatric issues, but opinions do vary. 

I doubt that Jackson has any psychiatric issues. He is just a little boy who has been spoiled and catered to and told how terrific he is. He has two parents who seem oblivious to his bad behavior towards his sister. He came so close to poking Lilah in the eye with that metal pole and neither Tori nor Zack did anything about it until Lilah cried. Children need boundaries and bad behavior needs to be called out and dealt with.  

When he is with adults he is fine. But with a smaller child he seems to assert his power. Hopefully he won't pull that stuff in school.

• Applause 5
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Hopefully he won't pull that stuff in school.

I'm sure he will learn rapidly that he's the one that is the smallest and easiest to bully in kindergarten.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m sure Tori is bummed that two dwarves (Matt and Amy) had three out of four average sized kids yet an average sized person (Tori) and a dwarf (Zach) have had three dwarves in a row.  

My thought as well. 

I believe Tori has some underlying strong negative emotions regarding the fact that her 3 children are all LP's despite the fact that Matt and Amy had a more pronounced genetic predisposition to have dwarf children than she and Zach have and yet had 3 out of 4 average-sized children.  

Her emotions may not be displayed on the surface and, perhaps, she's not even aware of her possible anger regarding her situation; however, that doesn't negate their existence.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Redrum said:

I'm sure he will learn rapidly that he's the one that is the smallest and easiest to bully in kindergarten.

Around adults he is fine. He knows enough that he doesn't pull that crap. As a small person, he could very well be a bully even with larger children and have an aggressive attitude as a form of overcompensation for being physically small or short, a Napoleon Complex. He doesn''t have to be physical to be a bully. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

As a small person, he could very well be a bully even with larger children and have an aggressive attitude as a form of overcompensation for being physically small or short, a Napoleon Complex. He doesn''t have to be physical to be a bully. 

Anything is possible. But the schoolyard tends to be "might makes right" and the cool kids in our early years tend to be the ones good at gym class. Most of his "bullying" of Lilah is overtalking her and physically manipulating around her - he's big enough to sit on her or swat her. In kindergarten he will be the smallest in the class BY FAR and hopefully things with his speech will improve but I suspect he will be the one with the babyish speech patterns as well. I doubt he'll be the leader of the bullies. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, pdlinda said:

My thought as well. 

I believe Tori has some underlying strong negative emotions regarding the fact that her 3 children are all LP's despite the fact that Matt and Amy had a more pronounced genetic predisposition to have dwarf children than she and Zach have and yet had 3 out of 4 average-sized children.  

Her emotions may not be displayed on the surface and, perhaps, she's not even aware of her possible anger regarding her situation; however, that doesn't negate their existence.

I think there is a lot of truth in this. If she has a fourth child that child may very well be a dwarf. So she now has 3 dwarf children and Zack acting like a 4th child and she is a probably a little disappointed if not down right resentful. Doesn't mean that she loves her children less than if they were average size children. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I always thought he was creepy and a phony.We will see when contract is up,Maybe he moves in with matt and there will be two creeps together.LOL

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, Redrum said:

Kindergarten and all through his school years. I hope he doesn't take his frustrations out on Lila when he comes home from school. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Genetics fascinate me. Isn't Tori super tall, too? I don't mean an average compared to Zach height. Like not 5'4 or 5'5 average woman height. She's a big girl, looks like she's 6 ft. tall. 

Edited by bichonblitz

She's more like 5'8. She and Molly are about the same height and Molly is 5'8

13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Kindergarten and all through his school years. I hope he doesn't take his frustrations out on Lila when he comes home from school. 

Well, the Roloffs as a whole are very sexist and gendered so I am sure hauling off and belting Lilah intentionally will lead to the 'never hit a girl' lecture.

44 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Maybe that’s part of the reason they sent Zack to that private Christian school.  Maybe there was less bullying.  Although I went to some private schools where the bullying flourished.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That possibility sends chills down my spine. 

Lilah is so vulnerable and her speech so undeveloped I can't see how she would defend her little self against her aggressive big brother.  

We'll have to see how Josiah develops in comparison to Jackson but we already know that Lilah is no match for Jackson in ANY category!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Around adults he is fine. He knows enough that he doesn't pull that crap. As a small person, he could very well be a bully even with larger children and have an aggressive attitude as a form of overcompensation for being physically small or short, a Napoleon Complex. He doesn''t have to be physical to be a bully. 

If Jackson takes after Amy he’ll be able to hold his own regardless of size, she can bully like a beast! 
We don’t call her “Little Bulldozer” for nothing! 😤64C2F312-4734-48CA-8D06-CA9C01405A22.thumb.jpeg.6f3f653014c4312c305e4158e937dd3a.jpeg

7655EFBB-B565-4E26-A978-E7402C2C8770.jpeg

1E684564-188E-4CF5-90DA-301CA691FF4E.jpeg

• LOL 7
On 6/30/2022 at 10:37 AM, bichonblitz said:

I guess they need the $$$ to save for their "retirement" so they can buy that forever home. 

They are both almost 60, time for the forever home is now!

On 7/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Too many Amy casseroles loaded with carbs and cheese.

Yes, seriously, I doubt he ate the way he does now with Amy when he was single.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Endora said:

If Jackson is going to be picked on in school I think it will be more about his legs then his height.  Those legs are really bad IMO.

Oh I think both will come into play, and being on a TV show. And his babyish way of talking.

I mean, he's going to be the kid who will never be good at sports compared to the others. Hopefully he's not a dullard with the books like Zach.

• Love 3