Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

I totally agree with you, 65mickey.  Not only does her kitchen not look clean, but her hair is always hanging over the food and she's never organized, yet her fans just think she's the greatest cook since Julia Child.  🙄

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

I totally agree with you, 65mickey.  Not only does her kitchen not look clean, but her hair is always hanging over the food and she's never organized, yet her fans just think she's the greatest cook since Julia Child.  🙄

Doesn’t every recipe start with either jarred tomato sauce or canned cream of chicken soup?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
56 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Amy is the poster child for why I will not eat at pot lucks or any other sort of communal food setting.  Nope.  Not doing it.  I get a lot of heat for it but nope!

61d72e837ce08ffed9df1318023bb82e2f67ad39

I know they are pushing Amy as this great cook on the show, but some of her kitchen habits are skeevy to me.  

Tori’s face and Zach’s constant blinking when Chris was talking about Matt asking him to do the tours was laughable considering them going on and on about how “over” the farm they are.  

Zach and Tori do have health insurance because Zach was complaining about the bills maybe a couple of seasons ago.  I have no idea if it’s a high deductible policy or what.  Thinking about it, I think Tori especially is in some sort of denial when it comes to her kids’ health challenges and I feel like Zach is just lazy and willing to let Tori “handle” the kids.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Tori especially is in some sort of denial when it comes to her kids’ health challenges and I feel like Zach is just lazy and willing to let Tori “handle” the kids.

I was thinking that exact same thing when I saw an Instagram post from her this morning asking Lilah to say the name of some disney character whose night shirt she was wearing.

Lilah grunted some unintelligible sound that Tori immediately chimed in to say without the slightest hesitation, seemingly oblivious to the fact that the child has a MAJOR speech problem that needs IMMEDIATE ATTENTION!!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
40 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I know they are pushing Amy as this great cook on the show, but some of her kitchen habits are skeevy to me.  

Tori’s face and Zach’s constant blinking when Chris was talking about Matt asking him to do the tours was laughable considering them going on and on about how “over” the farm they are.  

Zach and Tori do have health insurance because Zach was complaining about the bills maybe a couple of seasons ago.  I have no idea if it’s a high deductible policy or what.  Thinking about it, I think Tori especially is in some sort of denial when it comes to her kids’ health challenges and I feel like Zach is just lazy and willing to let Tori “handle” the kids.

Yeah. I don't like potlucks either. *blech*

Someone posted something of Tori's where she addressed that the kids health was being taken care of and we as viewers don't know piddly squat (or some such).

You know we don't need to see all the oogie/scary medical procedures or  endless speech/physical therapy sessions that little people have to endure as little people. This isn't the show for that!!! *eyeroll*

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Zach and Tori do have health insurance because Zach was complaining about the bills maybe a couple of seasons ago.  I have no idea if it’s a high deductible policy or what. 

Yes, just saw that. It was when they were carrying two mortgages. Zach commented that their health care premium was due and one of the mortgage payments was past due.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

Also there is this little gem in the article...

So the idea of Amy doing cooking lessons was a Chris idea. 😂

he is trying to save himself from the cesspool food life.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 12/31/2022 at 11:42 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Not sure where anyone else saw it but I read it at ETonline… they had an interview with Matt and he talks about giving people the full farm experience having them drive the mowers etc and see what it’s like to work on the farm, he also mentions asking Amy to provide cooking classes as part of the experience.

I think that's where I read it also...honestly, I think he would have to get waivers to allow inexperienced people to operate farm equipment. His lawyers must be scratching their heads or pulling their hair out over this latest stupid idea.

• Like 2

Why is the show treating the decision to rent out the farm like it was akin to using nuclear weapons? So what, they keep the farm, and make a passive income. All the drama about who “inherits” the farm goes on the back burner. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
37 minutes ago, Ottis said:

Why is the show treating the decision to rent out the farm like it was akin to using nuclear weapons? So what, they keep the farm, and make a passive income. All the drama about who “inherits” the farm goes on the back burner. 

Because Amy feels “weird” having strangers in the house. Like buyers wouldn’t be strangers lol.

7 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

In the article referenced previously Matt mentioned that all of his kids could rent out the house too. Then everyone can enjoy it.

But do they get a deep discount like they wanted on the purchase price?

43 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Somewhere I saw a clip and Matt said the kids could stay free.  

Surprised by that. If the kids are staying there for free than there are no paying customers for that time period. Probably wouldn't make much a difference...I'll be shocked if people will actually pay for it.

Given that every time period I've checked has been available, I don't expect his kids staying in the big house to be an issue.  Jacob should sign up regularly.  :) I doubt Zach or Jeremy will want to stay often.  Molly might want to on an annual visit.

30 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe kids under six lol.

Not all kids - his kids.

49 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Given that every time period I've checked has been available, I don't expect his kids staying in the big house to be an issue.  Jacob should sign up regularly.  :) I doubt Zach or Jeremy will want to stay often.  Molly might want to on an annual visit.

Not all kids - his kids.

Yeah and none are under six.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Not all kids - his kids.

Yeah I guess if income is not important it wouldn't be an issue. 🙄

So, according to Zach if the kids don’t ask for something they shouldn’t do it.  If they don’t ask to go to the farm for Pumpkin Season, then they shouldn’t go.  Lol. I wonder if the kids asked them to rent an RV. Lol. The nasty way they talk about Matt, Caryn and the farm the kids aren’t likely to mention them.  Yeah Zach…you really don’t get it.  A very nasty and selfish man child with a matching wife.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 10

I suppose that if Chris told Tori they had a big turnout for the first weekend of Pumpkin Season she might have cried or lost her appetite. Lol When he said it was a light turnout she could barely hide her glee.  🥴  And Caryn was right.  Holding on to hate really just hurts you.  But in their case it’s hurting the kids too.  Such a terrible example to set for your children.  ☹️

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Hey Zach, fyi, Lilah whines a lot less than you and your wife 🙄

Tori’s happiest moment of the trip was Chris telling her the turnout at the farm was light…but they’re totally over the farm.

sure-jan-brady-bunch.gif

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5

One day, Jackson will  grow up and say, Dad, I had a grandfather who had a pumpkin farm that I used to love to visit, but then you refused to take me and instead took me to a stranger’s pumpkin farm, all because you were petty and pissed off about a failed real estate deal.  Why couldn’t you put us kids first?  

I had to laugh the other week when Amy and Tori were eating lunch (sushi roll) and Amy asked, Do you put the whole thing in your mouth? Then, before Tori has a chance to say yes, Amy pops it in her mouth without batting an eye!  🤣 She had zero trouble.  Not sure why she thought she would.  

• Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

Amy said "business-orientated"- I believe the better word is "business-oriented". BUGS!

And if Lilah had more mature speech development, she prob would try to use words instead of crying. Again, ZiT, please avail yourself of resources and get your daughter assessed by a speech pathologist now.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 11
  • Love 2

Amy wants her table and mugs back!  Lol. I think Amy may  still need therapy.  Even though she has her dream man and happy life, she is eaten up with resentment.  I guess Zach is following her example.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

I don’t think it’s resentment at all. It’s deep nostalgia and having to let go of a lifetime of memories. Sure it’s part of life but that doesn’t make it hurt less. It took my mom years to get over selling the house we grew up in and she still says she can’t ever go back because it’s too emotional. We loved that house and we still love that house. I don’t blame Amy for having a strong reaction. Amy and Matt do seem to be getting along better though - her reaction didn’t devolve into a massive argument and that’s progress.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

It really is sad how things turned out.

Caryn seemed as happy as a clam, talking in her upbeat, chipper voice as they were going through the house. It was obvious that being there made Amy feel sad.

Caryn never shows the least bit of embarrassment for the part she played in the breakup of the Roloff family.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
13 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

TLC desperation to keep this boring, sad shit show afloat?

I guess TLC thought it was salvageable.  They don’t have much to work with.  

Maybe, there is an audience for ZiT and family, but to me they ruin the show.  From me, they are unwatchable.  I think Matt, Caryn, Amy and Chris could carry it, but only if Amy zips it up about ZiT.  I’d prefer no mention of them.  

It hurts watching them talk about a child playing sports who looks like he’s in pain.  Its become a pattern. They describe Jackson’s condition, but it doesn’t seem to be addressed. They describe Lilah’s needs, decide to sit on it.  They have an infant who can’t sleep and cries a lot, but just live with it.  I cannot relate to that kind of a person.  Where are the advocates for these children?  Maybe, the show will shine the spotlight on these issues and help get the children help.  

• Like 4

During the walk through of the house. The stark difference how the house looks now vs the absolute pig sty of a disaster it always was with those kids in there. Actually I'm sorry for comparing them to pigs. It is insulting to pigs.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Every time I think I can’t hate Zit more, they have another scene with Lilah, and I, indeed, end up hating them more 😡

I thought they smacked Lilah in the face with an oar before the dousing.  Plus she probably can’t see anything without her glasses.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Amy asked, Do you put the whole thing in your mouth?

Some conversations should not be televised.

1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Amy said "business-orientated"

And sentilmental.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, there is an audience for ZiT and family, but to me they ruin the show.

Now that the season is over I don’t think this is a spoiler but I saw that Tori said on her IG that she and Zach plan to leave the show in the near future.  Maybe that means one more season?

8 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

During the walk through of the house. The stark difference how the house looks now vs the absolute pig sty of a disaster it always was with those kids in there. Actually I'm sorry for comparing them to pigs. It is insulting to pigs.

I forgot what a landfill Jeremy and Zach’s bedroom was.  It was a fire hazard, a tripping hazard, you name it.  

I was hoping Daisy would have one of her accidents on the tour.

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Now that the season is over I don’t think this is a spoiler but I saw that Tori said on her IG that she and Zach plan to leave the show in the near future.  Maybe that means one more season?

Delightful to think of but I don't think they will ever leave the show.  They both love those big paychecks too much plus the perks.  I'm pretty sure that RV was rented by TLC for the show.  Dinners out, parties and probably vehicles.

14 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

I wonder if Amy knew those scenes of her filthy, junk filled, no sheets house were going to be shown!  Wow!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/31/2022 at 10:05 PM, Absolom said:
  On 12/31/2022 at 9:42 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Not sure where anyone else saw it but I read it at ETonline… they had an interview with Matt and he talks about giving people the full farm experience having them drive the mowers etc and see what it’s like to work on the farm, he also mentions asking Amy to provide cooking classes as part of the experience.

Hope Matt AND TLC have BIG liability insurance policies.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

don’t think it’s resentment at all. It’s deep nostalgia and having to let go of a lifetime of memories. Sure it’s part of life but that doesn’t make it hurt less. It took my mom years to get over selling the house we grew up in and she still says she can’t ever go back because it’s too emotional. We loved that house and we still love that house. I don’t blame Amy for having a strong reaction. Amy and Matt do seem to be getting along better though - her reaction didn’t devolve into a massive argument and that’s progress.

Thanks SO MUCH, RedDelicious.  My two boys and I had to leave our home--the largest in the neighborhood--end of the cul de sac, large pool in back--where my sons' kids congregated because I was an easy-going mom.  I pictured that house as the one everyone would "come home to" on holidays/vacations with their kids and friends, but NO!  My husband and a co-worker "fell in love," and he fought child support for long enough that I couldn't keep our house (he "promised" that).  Kids and I moved to a small apartment and passed "our old house" to get to the freeway for years.  I was in the same emotional boat as your mom.  It was long ago; I've outlived them both.  Life worked out.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

This is what she posted:

C8E3ADF4-B69B-42B8-AEDE-ACB2C4381C2F.jpeg

13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Isn’t this the rainy season?  Who would want to be on a muddy farm?

Yes, it's rainy season. Nobody is going to take a vacation there after pumpkin season. Summer would be peak season. And yes, he also said the kids can stay free. Amy still freaked out. 

17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes, it's rainy season. Nobody is going to take a vacation there after pumpkin season. Summer would be peak season. And yes, he also said the kids can stay free. Amy still freaked out. 

Since he can go their free Zach might do it. I wonder if Matt can get Amy to prepare his room exactly the way it was growing up with trash everywhere, no sheets, and the fresh smell of urine?

• LOL 10

This must have been a redemption episode. 

Zach and Tori talking about how great all the kids are doing. Tori paying extra attention to Layla. 

Caryn and Matt sitting at dinner talking about the future and how they plan to get married and how they love each other. 

Chris arrives late to the pumpkin tour, Amy joking with Chris about being late and then the two of them macking all over each other. What the heck was all that kissing in front of the paying customers? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3