Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

(edited)
46 minutes ago, Spike said:

Although they have never directly acknowledged it on the show, I think the anger comes mostly from Matt cheating on her.  But that was many years ago now and she should be able to address that in therapy if necessary.  Many spouses are cheated on without becoming bitter to the extent that she is.

I agree. I was watching a women who needs to 1st seek professional help... then a house...  Sad

Granted life (ok - Matt) dealt her some sh*tty cards but her anger/bitterness/sadness, along with taking forever to make a decision (I am not sure if she was that way before), has broken her down.

It's been said and probably proven if one doesn't resolve issues from a prior relationship, they can carry into the next. Chris' saintly attitude towards all of this is amazing..all most too good to be true. He waited all his life to get married... and Amy was "the one"? Now, I feel sorry for his Ex-es.

RE: the home inspection. Unless one is selling a house "as-is"  isn't it customary to get an inspection? esp. if one has to get a loan? I know they mean well, but most inspectors can work a sellers' nerve...why was Amy there in the 1st place? Just read the report later and cuss like everyone else..

RE: Amy looking for a new house: it as as if she is looking for a house to accommodate everyone, all the time, as big has she has now. Granted, she wants what she wants/likes, but it was beginning to sound like she is expecting the kid-adults and the grands to be there almost 24/7. what if one or both of the sons, move ? Wonder if she pondered the idea to rent first, while she looks for the perfect home.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

As usual, I found Matt to be insufferable in this episode. So he hasn't been in the big house in 10 years? I guess that means he has been in a relationship with Caryn for likely a dozen years or so now? Talk about someone who can't move on. Amy has moved on with Chris, and even in this episode it was revealed that she had put offers on a few different houses but lost out to higher bidders. Hardly a case of not moving on in my books. Matt seems to be the one in arrested development - can't move on from complaining about Amy. Is that all he and Caryn have to talk about? Even the producer seemed bored with Matt. I know I was. 

I took it as he hasn't been upstairs in 10 years, but I don't know when Matt and Amy split up. 

7 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I’m sure it was producer driven, but Matt and his builder buddy doing the home inspection with Amy present was really shitty.  It was just another attempt for Matt to belittle and insult Amy.  He was acting like a new buyer who’s never walked the property before.  It was his goddamn house for many years!  He knows about the various needed repairs and half-assed projects HE walked away from when he moved into his bachelor pad with his side piece. What an insufferable asshole.  Of course there will be nicks and scratches in paint or moldings.  Some switch plates may be cracked or missing, some rugs will be dirty, hardwood will need some sanding.  But those are cosmetic things every new owner knows going in.  What a real home inspection is for is to check the electrical panel, the roof, the HVAC system, the plumbing, signs of termites or water damage, condition of windows, structural integrity of decks, walls or additions.  Matt nit picking over minutia was only to twist the knife.

I think Amy insisted on being there. She made a comment about having to be there because Matt was involved. Uh, no. You didn't need to be there, you wanted to be there so you could feel offended and persecuted. 

Zack has Amy's number, that's for sure. He 100% knew Amy was going to drag out buying a house and moving for as long as humanly possible. The irony of them talking about her still being there in March as a horrible thing wasn't lost on me when she was still there in March, or as close to March as humanly possible if she managed to get all her crap out in time. We know she still had a shit ton of stuff in the house on 2/21 and I doubt she got it all out in a week. And given how Chris was telling her to start packing and get stuff moved out into the garage when they were taping, and she still was trying to commit to putting in offers, tells me he knew what the end game was going to look like too. Given the size of the house we saw her look at in this episode, she obviously was trying to keep up with Matt when it comes to house size. That place was huge and for who? Her and Chris? Chris says he really liked the office area and her first response was she could turn in into a guest room. I'd love to see the real estate listing for it, I'm assuming she didn't end up there. 

• Love 9

I think the anger comes mostly from Matt cheating on her.  But that was many years ago now 

Yes, it was many years ago, but sometimes that hurt never goes away.  And the fact that they've been living in such close quarters doesn't help.  My ex cheated on me over 30 years ago.  I have a good life and am glad to not be married to him anymore, but because we have children (one disabled) and grandchildren in common, I can't just write him out of my life.  There are times I still feel bitter.

Amy and Matt can both be annoying.  I could see myself spending time with Amy, but not with Matt.  I have yet to find even one redeeming quality in Caryn.

Jackson is adorable!

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Although they have never directly acknowledged it on the show, I think the anger comes mostly from Matt cheating on her.  But that was many years ago now and she should be able to address that in therapy if necessary.  Many spouses are cheated on without becoming bitter to the extent that she is.

Really? It isn’t all about the cheating, which is a HUGE betrayal of trust and a marital vow after so many years together and four children, it’s also about Matt’s controlling personality, the fact that he had no kill switch when it came to spending their money and even had a storage facility unbeknownst to Amy where he hid all his extravagant purchases...again, a betrayal of trust. Amy was no saint, she has her issues which some on this board are quick to point out, but she never cheated on him or betrayed his trust like he did her...it’s hard to get over these things when you’ve invested most of your adult life to someone...she should have left the farm after the finalization of the divorce but she didn’t...once she does move on physically she will heal and be in a better place. Her bitterness will dissolve and she will be able to have peace of mind. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Although they have never directly acknowledged it on the show, I think the anger comes mostly from Matt cheating on her.  But that was many years ago now and she should be able to address that in therapy if necessary.  Many spouses are cheated on without becoming bitter to the extent that she is

I agree and I also think that Amy's general negativity and pissy disposition comes from her dad... He was a snearing, judgemental, sarcastic, negative nasty man and Amy is the same.

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, camom said:

Yes, it was many years ago, but sometimes that hurt never goes away.  And the fact that they've been living in such close quarters doesn't help.  My ex cheated on me over 30 years ago.  I have a good life and am glad to not be married to him anymore, but because we have children (one disabled) and grandchildren in common, I can't just write him out of my life.  There are times I still feel bitter.

Amy and Matt can both be annoying.  I could see myself spending time with Amy, but not with Matt.  I have yet to find even one redeeming quality in Caryn.

Jackson is adorable!

I think she could have forgiven the infidelity, but she's having a harder time forgiving that he changed forever how she thought her life was going to play out.  I also think she forgave and overlooked a lot over the years in her marriage because she really believed she was married for life with the end goal being that they'd live on the farm in their old age with their kids and grandkids nearby.  It's hard to let go of a dream, but slowly, she is.  Matt had the advantage of moving on way before Amy knew that she'd have to.  It's easy for him to be snide because he's getting everything he's wanted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, readheaded said:

It's easy for him to be snide because he's getting everything he's wanted.

Matt needs to be careful what he wishes for... he might wind up getting more than he bargained for.... He better insist on a prenuptial agreement.

I wish Amy would quit being so bitter, walk away and live her best life with Chris then sit back and watch the shit show that Matt's life will probably end up being.

I don't mind Caryn but I have a hard time believing she's there for LOVE 😍 and if that's the case wait until Matt has to tangle with her, she isn't like Amy.

I think Caryn is capable of being a stone cold bitch and Matt doesn't intimidate her.... She'll run over him like a tractor and a road apple. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Oh my one hour of listening to Amy makes my head hurt!  Why is she like that?  Get over it.  Move along.

If she wanted that big house bid accordingly.  Anybody putting their toe in the housing game this year knows you bid over asking if you want the house!  It is what it is.

I sometimes wonder if Amy is that indecisive or she is game playing!

The bonfire was Amy's real chance to be nearly and she didn't disappoint.  She's nasty while everybody else is trying.

Moo is that Chris will never marry Amy.  He loves being on the show.  He Twinkies when its his turn.  The checks have to be getting bigger each season.  Go Chris.

Since Amy was bitching to her friend about three years and no end Chris wisely presented a small heartshape ring and a proposal.  The show must go on and the checks keep rolling in!

He'll never marry her!

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

He'll never marry her!

I am wondering why two people their age would have almost a 2 year engagement.  Not like they are a young couple saving money for a wedding.  Just seems strange.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

If she wanted that big house bid accordingly.  Anybody putting their toe in the housing game this year knows you bid over asking if you want the house!  It is what it is.

As a realtor representing Amy, you would think Chris would be guiding her on how the game is played. Is he an idiot? 

I agree they won't get married. I find it strange that Amy is looking for a home for herself. It would make sense if Amy and Chris bought a home together if they are engaged and looking to spend the future together. A home that they both love and want to live in together. I don't get Chris at all. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Oh my one hour of listening to Amy makes my head hurt!  Why is she like that?  Get over it.  Move along.

I sometimes wonder if Amy is that indecisive or she is game playing!

The bonfire was Amy's real chance to be nearly and she didn't disappoint.  She's nasty while everybody else is trying.

Moo is that Chris will never marry Amy.  He loves being on the show.  He Twinkies when its his turn.  The checks have to be getting bigger each season.  Go Chris.

Since Amy was bitching to her friend about three years and no end Chris wisely presented a small heartshape ring and a proposal.  The show must go on and the checks keep rolling in!

He'll never marry her!

Good Points..

I wonder about the house bidding to . If you get outbid - can't you submit another offer?

RE: happy go luckily Chris - I do wonder if  Amy also indecisive in bed, and that is what turns him on? I need to understand the attraction he has for her long term. She's a great friend and dinner date, but ... when that "I can't make a decision" mind creeps in, that's hard to deal with when you need an adult to be by your side.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think Caryn is capable of being a stone cold bitch and Matt doesn't intimidate her.... She'll run over him like a tractor and a road apple. 😂

As soon as the ring is on her finger. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I am wondering why two people their age would have almost a 2 year engagement.  Not like they are a young couple saving money for a wedding.  Just seems strange.  

"she is simply too busy to get married in 2020"

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a31136896/amy-roloff-chris-marek-wedding-date/

Chris - you might want to consider growing a pair... you proposed to a grown-ass woman who publicly states "she is too busy" to marry you??? Damn man ?? It's one thing to be considerate/a gentleman... but another to be made a fool of..

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

As a realtor representing Amy, you would think Chris would be guiding her on how the game is played. Is he an idiot? 

He just may be trying to guide her and she is ignoring his advice.  I think she may think anyone would be thrilled to have a "TV star" buy their house.

Too busy to get married?  Even though it's his first marriage, I doubt Chris is holding out for an extravaganza.  How hard is it to gather the kids, hire an efficient, and have a BBQ?  I have two theories:  (1) they're never going to get married, or (2) the wedding needs to fit in with the filming schedule.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, sATL said:

Good Points..

I wonder about the house bidding to . If you get outbid - can't you submit another offer?

RE: happy go luckily Chris - I do wonder if  Amy also indecisive in bed, and that is what turns him on? I need to understand the attraction he has for her long term. She's a great friend and dinner date, but ... when that "I can't make a decision" mind creeps in, that's hard to deal with when you need an adult to be by your side.

Yes you can put in a higher offer if you want to... Amy sounded silly, she puts in an offer gets outbid and falls apart because she didn't get the house 🙄 ummmm that's kinda the way it goes if it's a hot property, sometimes it turns into a bidding war and you have to make several offers.

Indecisive in bed being a turn ON never occurred to me, what would that look and sound like?...Maybe she wears her Little Red Riding Hood costume to bed with a whip and stilletos 😈😂

I think it's kind of convenient that Amy reached her limit and told her friend that 3 yrs is long enough and she wants Chris to let her know his intentions and *SNAP!*  he immediately presents her with a cheesy little heart ring and a proposal.... and then it's postponed until 2021.

I agree with the other poster who said Chris has gotten used to being on tv for a few minutes and collecting a nice fat cheque... He is portrayed as this wonderful man who swept poor little Amy off her feet and proposed... I hope he knows he'll be vilified and chased with torches and pitchforks if he dumps her.... Some of the Amy fans on Twitter and IG are vicious,, right now they love Chris but that can change overnight. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think it's kind of convenient that Amy reached her limit and told her friend that 3 yrs is long enough and she wants Chris to let her know his intentions and *SNAP!*  he immediately presents her with a cheesy little heart ring and a proposal.... and then it's postponed until 2021.

Wait, he gave her a heart ring? Like the ones you buy at Valentine's for like $100? My nephew gave one like that to his girlfriend one year and she decided that meant they were engaged. But you know, he was 18 or 19, she was 17 or 18, and she might have still been in high school. She was actually living with him at my sister's house, they've been together since he was 13 and he's 24 now. He bought a house last Easter, they liked it, it's a ranch and that's what they wanted, but they aren't the easiest to find these days in our area. He actually offered like $10,000 over asking, he wanted it that much. It was move in ready, has a pretty big back yard, nice area, close to family. He knew what he wanted and went for it. How do 2 dumbass kids in the scheme of life make better decisions than Amy? 

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree and I also think that Amy's general negativity and pissy disposition comes from her dad... He was a snearing, judgemental, sarcastic, negative nasty man and Amy is the same.

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. 

I actually think most of her prickliness comes from a miserable marriage to Matt. When she’s with Chris I see a different side of her completely...she’s happy, engaging and not stressed out...the minute she’s around Matt she changes. Her demeanor becomes defensive and anxious. Let’s not forget...Matt cheated on her with someone who worked for them for years! She was doubly betrayed...by both Matt and Caryn. She’s allowed to be disappointed and a little bitter especially when there has never been an apology from either Matt or Caryn...in fact they seem to go out of their way to disrespect her, mock her and make snarky remarks about her when they have their interviews in the barn. Amy needs to get out of there ASAP and never look back...Caryn can have Matt and all his obnoxiousness and over priced knick knacks that he keeps in a storage facility.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Wait, he gave her a heart ring? Like the ones you buy at Valentine's for like $100? My nephew gave one like that to his girlfriend one year and she decided that meant they were engaged. But you know, he was 18 or 19, she was 17 or 18, and she might have still been in high school. She was actually living with him at my sister's house, they've been together since he was 13 and he's 24 now. He bought a house last Easter, they liked it, it's a ranch and that's what they wanted, but they aren't the easiest to find these days in our area. He actually offered like $10,000 over asking, he wanted it that much. It was move in ready, has a pretty big back yard, nice area, close to family. He knew what he wanted and went for it. How do 2 dumbass kids in the scheme of life make better decisions than Amy? 

Yes he gave her a little heart shaped ring....

Hubby and I gave our daughters little heart shaped diamond rings when they turned 13 because they were now officially teenagers and they loved them, now they are in their 30's and rarely wear them because it's a young look ... our oldest daughter plans on giving hers to her daughter.

To each their own but most women Amy's age wouldn't want a heart shaped ring because it's kind of juvenile.

On the other hand...It seems like Amy never really had teen years and the usual fun of dating etc, then she met Matt got married and started having kids but never really felt or experienced romantic love.

Now she has Chris and it's her opportunity...So I can't blame her for wanting to experience all of the things that represent romance including a heart shaped ring from her fiance..... If it makes her happy that's all that matters... Just wouldn't be my choice. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Good Points..

House hunting the last five years is brutal.  Three years ago we overdid on three properties with our agent writing the sellers a please sell to them letter.  We lost all three.  We finally built a home!  It was easier than trying to buy!  It's brutal.

House hunting the last five years is brutal!  Three years ago we overbid on three houses with our agent writing a please sell to them letter to the sellers.  We lost all three!  We finally built a house.  It was easier.

Chris suggested she build what she wanted.  She refused.  I'm pretty sure Chris knowing the market probably explained to Amy how important it is to go in strong but Amy being Amy knows it all and lost 3 or 4 homes she said she bid on!

Just like Amy did with Matt she takes no advice and isn't a very good decision maker.  She's stubborn and very hard to deal with.

3 hours ago, sATL said:

"she is simply too busy to get married in 2020"

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a31136896/amy-roloff-chris-marek-wedding-date/

Chris - you might want to consider growing a pair... you proposed to a grown-ass woman who publicly states "she is too busy" to marry you??? Damn man ?? It's one thing to be considerate/a gentleman... but another to be made a fool of..

Oh Chris isn't going to marry Amy.  In three years he's seen it all!

Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread.

Chris loves being on tv.  He loves the money and perks.  He's an actor and can exit left at any time.

As far as Matt cheating on Amy I think that happens a lot in dead marriages.  Sad but true.  Some wander but stick around for the kids long after there is any love.

I would guess Matt and Amy's marriage died years ago.  They just put off the 'funeral'  til the kids were grown!

marriages

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Zack has Amy's number, that's for sure. He 100% knew Amy was going to drag out buying a house and moving for as long as humanly possible. 

I haven't watched in a couple of years, but I found this comment interesting. 

Zach used to be Amy's "disrespect Matt" partner through his entire childhood.  Maybe marrying a more-positive woman and learning to look at his blessings instead of blaming others for problems has been good for him.  

I'm glad to hear that he's apparently recognized that constant negativity can be overcome by choice.

Amy - take a lesson from Zach.  You can be happier, but only if you want to be.  The more positive energy you devote to Chris and others, the less negative energy you'll have to keep heaping on Matt.

No one but Amy is continuing to poison Amy's life.

• Love 14
(edited)
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I would guess Matt and Amy's marriage died years ago.  They just put off the 'funeral'  til the kids were grown!

This is why I don't understand why Amy is carrying on so. Who wants to continue living in a dead marriage?  I know there has been women to resolve to "stand by your man" - but they find a way to be happy. Amy can't seem to fake-it-until-she-makes-it.

I too think the marriage was dead before side-piece came along. And Caryn was the only side-piece we know about, as she stayed around and was (and still is) and employee. Were there other temporaries ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I think Amy is very happy now. She adores Chris. Not sure why but she does.  She just can't stand her ex or the bitch (that she knew for years as an employee) that carried on an affair with her husband. I don't see why people think she is so awful for that. She has no choice but to see them at family functions and celebrations and it appears she makes the best of it when she does.  Matt and Caryn are both assholes so why should Amy get over it? If she wants to hate on both of them for the rest of her life then so be it. She seems to be doing very well with all other aspects of her life so good for her. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, sATL said:

This is why I don't understand why Amy is carrying on so. Who wants to continue living in a dead marriage?  I know there has been women to resolve to "stand by your man" - but they find a way to be happy. Amy can't seem to fake-it-until-she-makes-it.

I too think the marriage was dead before side-piece came along. And Caryn was the only side-piece we know about, as she stayed around and was (and still is) and employee. Were there temporaries ?

The funny thing is Chris seems to actually like Matt and enjoys his company which also pisses her off.

Amy is just a bitter, negative little woman and she'll probably never change.

She has Chris who seems to adore her yet she's still all wound up about Matt... If I was Chris I think I'd be a bit annoyed and hurt that she still cares that much about what Matt thinks or says.

It isn't all about Amy...  She should stop the nastiness for the sake of Chris, Zack and everyone else who has to sit there and listen while she rants about Matt. 🙄

• Love 8
19 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think the situation happened a little like this:

They told us the price of the house was originally out of budget.  Then they lowered the price which made Amy make an offer. Then she was outbid. I wouldn't be surprised if that bid ended up being close to the original asking price - therefore making it again out of budget again and not worth getting into a bidding war. 

Tori and Zack did a live after the show and had Amy on for part of it. They talked about that house and Chris said he was actually happy she didn't get that house. It had a lot of trees and landscaping that made it dark with little sunlight and very close to neighbors. 

I personally thought it was way too big for Amy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/1/2020 at 2:46 PM, kicksave said:

Really? It isn’t all about the cheating, which is a HUGE betrayal of trust and a marital vow after so many years together and four children, it’s also about Matt’s controlling personality, the fact that he had no kill switch when it came to spending their money and even had a storage facility unbeknownst to Amy where he hid all his extravagant purchases...again, a betrayal of trust. Amy was no saint, she has her issues which some on this board are quick to point out, but she never cheated on him or betrayed his trust like he did her...it’s hard to get over these things when you’ve invested most of your adult life to someone...she should have left the farm after the finalization of the divorce but she didn’t...once she does move on physically she will heal and be in a better place. Her bitterness will dissolve and she will be able to have peace of mind. 

i stand with this whole post 100%.  having been married twice and let down twice (putting it mildly) this says it all. even the part about amy. we all contribute to our 'story' in different ways. but no one deserves to be betrayed in any way.  sad sad days...

• Love 13

Can someone remind me why Jer and Auj aren’t on the show? 

In a talking head Chris said the  relationship with Amy was nerve-wracking. Then next scene he said it’s going well.  Nerve-wracking does not mean ‘going well.’ 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I haven't watched in a couple of years, but I found this comment interesting. 

Zach used to be Amy's "disrespect Matt" partner through his entire childhood.  Maybe marrying a more-positive woman and learning to look at his blessings instead of blaming others for problems has been good for him.  

My own opinion is that Zacks opinion of his mother changed when she wrote her book Little Me.  I think Zack was her boy but was put out with Amy disrespecting his father.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Can someone remind me why Jer and Auj aren’t on the show? 

In a talking head Chris said the  relationship with Amy was nerve-wracking. Then next scene he said it’s going well.  Nerve-wracking does not mean ‘going well.’ 

They decided they didn’t want to be on anymore, as have Molly and Jacob.  They did take a lot of heat and mockery on social media the last season they were on.

Edited by Spike
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Spike said:

They decided they didn’t want to be on anymore, as has Molly and Jacob.  They did take a lot of heat and mockery on social media the last season they were on.

That's what Jeremy and Audrey said.  Molly moved away (but has been shown once in a while) and Jacob has made no secret that he didn't want to be part of it.

Some of us (okay, I) believe they were dropped from the show because neither they nor their kids are little people, so they no longer fit the theme.

TLC didn't want to change the name of the show to "Little People and their Entitled Offspring Who Don't Have Real Jobs."

• LOL 13
27 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

TLC didn't want to change the name of the show to "Little People and their Entitled Offspring Who Don't Have Real Jobs."

Do any of them currently work at real jobs?  All seem to be selling fudge, sweatshirts and books.  Some say Zach is a soccer coach?  Is that a paying job?  I guess Tori was a teacher but now she is a stay at home mom and like the other women in the family she advertises the free things she receives on instragram and earns some income.  I guess it works for all them as they seem to be keeping their heads above water and no one reports to a 9 to 5!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Do any of them currently work at real jobs?  All seem to be selling fudge, sweatshirts and books.  Some say Zach is a soccer coach?  Is that a paying job?  I guess Tori was a teacher but now she is a stay at home mom and like the other women in the family she advertises the free things she receives on instragram and earns some income.  I guess it works for all them as they seem to be keeping their heads above water and no one reports to a 9 to 5!

I'm not sure if Zack was paid for his soccer coaching but even if he was I don't think it would be much.

I think Zack, Tori, Matt and Amy live off TLC... and supplement that income with whatever they earn as online influencers, books, the farm pumpkin season etc..

I wonder if Chris and Caryn also live off TLC money?... Does Chris still sell real estate?

I hope Zack and Tori are putting some money away for when the show ends.

Auj and Jer have their podcast and are currently writing their second book so I guess that's how they make money... Plus they also do online influencing.

I wish we knew more about their finances.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 4/2/2020 at 9:06 AM, bichonblitz said:

I think Amy is very happy now. She adores Chris. Not sure why but she does.  She just can't stand her ex or the bitch (that she knew for years as an employee) that carried on an affair with her husband. I don't see why people think she is so awful for that. She has no choice but to see them at family functions and celebrations and it appears she makes the best of it when she does.  Matt and Caryn are both assholes so why should Amy get over it? If she wants to hate on both of them for the rest of her life then so be it. She seems to be doing very well with all other aspects of her life so good for her. 

I agree she seems much more self aware than Matt. He’s the one that blames everything on her and Cartyn echoing in.  I also do not hear the bitching or falling apart about loosing a bid on a house.  She said what went down no tears she  just stated a fact.  You know it’s like grief, and divorce and thought of moving your life of 30 years could be paralyzing.  Someone telling you to get over —— so they can move in or carry on with their plans is crap.  Maybe they want to wait till the farm and Matt are totally finished financially before making their union official. I see no hamming it  up for the camera or in his TH like The Side Piece.  She loves the whole sorted deal. Lets here from her husband that might be interesting.  I would like her to trip over a pitch fork.   Hope he continues to patronize  the auctions and fills up the house and the barns and garages with his must haves.  Keep building the amusement park to make up for the childhood he didn’t have. Anyone think Caryn won’t have a key to his office or access to the business checking account like Amy didn’t have?   My ex( who I divorced in 97 recently tried to get friendly because his wife died and all the crap came rushing back to the surface. The braces he didn’t help buy the hearing aides , the teachers conferences , the ball games etc etc.  I remembered what  he did do for his stepson and still does.   I didn’t give him a thought for years and years, wished him well but hey I’m a women and don’t forget , so pass on the coffee klatch.  

• Love 9
21 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Maybe they want to wait till the farm and Matt are totally finished financially before making their union official. I see no hamming it  up for the camera or in his TH like The Side Piece.  She loves the whole sorted deal. Lets here from her husband that might be interesting.  I would like her to trip over a pitch fork.   Hope he continues to patronize  the auctions and fills up the house and the barns and garages with his must haves.  Keep building the amusement park to make up for the childhood he didn’t have. Anyone think Caryn won’t have a key to his office or access to the business checking account like Amy didn’t have?   

Caryn is waiting patiently and putting on a good show for Matt. I am convinced she is only in it for his money. Why else would you love a creep like Matt? Amy married him when he had nothing. Would Caryn do that? Hell, no! The only thing I can't figure out is why the kids all seem to like her. She is one damn good actress! 

• Love 4

Maybe they like Caryn because she's a good person.  Maybe she is one of those people that gives and does not criticize.  Maybe they see she makes their dad very happy.

Remember those kids grew up in 'AMY'S' house.  They heard her and they watched her.  Heck maybe they divorced her too.

When Zack was home with Amy he was like her.  Lazy, criticizing and just annoying.  With Tori he's like a completely different man.  They seem to really love one another.  She builds him up and he adores her.  Little Jackson is so happy.

I never see where Amy talks to or about Molly.  No visits and no girl lunches and no mom and daughter trips.

Jacob hangs around because he's needy.  Jeremy is gone.

I have always believed Amy thought the Roloffs were forever.  The kids would love her forever in spite of how she behaves.  Matt would continue to line her pockets with gold while she talked to him like trash.

She thought the big house and all the land would be hers forever.  What she didn't know was that all of them could not wait to get away from HER!  Surprise!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Jeanne222 said:

I never see where Amy talks to or about Molly.  No visits and no girl lunches and no mom and daughter trips.

I haven't watched for several years, but I remember an episode where Matt and Molly were meeting in a restaurant for lunch - just the two of them.  I don't recall if he had gone to Spokane or whether she was visiting Portland . . . but it was just definitely just the two of them.  She looked at him with such joy.  And at one time during the lunch, she just jumped into their conversation, reached out and put her hand over his and said (with a big smile on her face), "I am SOOOOO glad to see you!!!"

I never saw her act that way with Amy.

• Love 7

Molly does not live near Amy. She has a full time job and a husband. She and Amy have the same birthday and celebrate together. She doesn't want to be on the show. I'm sure she has a good relationship with Amy. I have never seen any indication that the kids don't like Amy. 

Zack lived in the house with both Amy and Matt. He was a brat because he had alot of growing up to do. He's still lazy. What does he do for a living? You can blame both parents for that.  He got lucky and found Tori. Good for him but that has nothing to do with him not loving his mother. 

Jeremy is an entitled jerk, he's gone because he and his wife think they are better than the show, also he would not help Matt with the farm but sure wanted a peice of it so how is his being gone  Amy's fault? 

As for Caryn being a nice person. She cheated with her boss. She knew the bosses wife. As for her giving and not criticizing, her talking heads sure do show her doing alot of criticizing. Of Amy. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe they like Caryn because she's a good person.  Maybe she is one of those people that gives and does not criticize.  Maybe they see she makes their dad very happy.

Remember those kids grew up in 'AMY'S' house.  They heard her and they watched her.  Heck maybe they divorced her too.

When Zack was home with Amy he was like her.  Lazy, criticizing and just annoying.  With Tori he's like a completely different man.  They seem to really love one another.  She builds him up and he adores her.  Little Jackson is so happy.

Jacob hangs around because he's needy.  Jeremy is gone.

I have always believed Amy thought the Roloffs were forever.  The kids would love her forever in spite of how she behaves.  Matt would continue to line her pockets with gold while she talked to him like trash.

She thought the big house and all the land would be hers forever.  What she didn't know was that all of them could not wait to get away from HER!  Surprise!

JMO but I don't think Amy would have an exciting, lucrative "Second Act" or any of the perks if Matt hadn't gotten them the show.

I don't think she'd have Chris either... He has said more than once how he likes having a girlfriend who is famous and has fans..... I think he saw some easy money by adding himself to the TLC family and only proposed after he dragged his heels for 3 years and was given an ultimatum....  and even now the wedding is postponed until 2021... He's in no hurry to hook himself to her bitchy wagon full of hate. 😲

• Love 8
On 4/2/2020 at 11:52 AM, sATL said:

I too think the marriage was dead before side-piece came along. And Caryn was the only side-piece we know about, as she stayed around and was (and still is) and employee. Were there other temporaries ?

Because it isn’t the marriage she’s bitter about losing; it’s the future she thought for the past 30 years she was going to have with her family.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Amy and Matt are both assholes but for different reasons.   Personally, I think it’s probably good they got a divorce.  I don’t know if Caryn and Chris are in it for the money, but Amy comes off as angry and bitter and Matt is a tyrannical narcissist.  So if the two are gold diggers they are earning every penny putting up with those two, but if they actually love the two well I’m glad for them.  If it is fake at least they do a convincing job unlike the ridiculous romance over on my Big Fat Fabulous Life.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

...and even now the wedding is postponed until 2021... He's in no hurry to hook himself to her bitchy wagon full of hate. 😲

I don't think they'll ever get to the altar.  

Last night on 90-Day Fiance, the British man - Tom - told Darcey that he got tired of hearing about her former boyfriend - Jesse - ALL THE TIME.  All of their conversations circled around to how bad Jesse was and how he did her wrong.  Darcey never able to put a period at the end of that relationship and move on.  Her hatred for him was coloring - poisoning - every day of her life.

I see Amy that same way.  She hates Matt more than she loves Chris, and she HAS to see him from time to time because they have children and grandchildren.  If she doesn't get to a point of not hating him, she'll never be free to really love Chris.

• Love 8