Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

To me Zach and Tori seem to  be socially awkward. Maybe, they are different when around family and old friends, though.

The did say in an interview in In Touch that they were happy for Amy. I guess it was just hearing it on camera at first.

Although, I don’t know why Zach would be surprised at all about it—Amy has been hinting about marriage and she and Chris have been together for 3 years. I would understand if it were bad news, or if Amy said, “Chris and I went to Vegas and eloped!”

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Adiba said:

I guess it was just hearing it on camera at first.

I think that was the reason he seemed angry.  He had specifically told Amy that he didn't want to discuss hers or Matt's relationships on camera.  Period.  He even tried to stop the continued filming of the scene.

Amy's decision to discuss it then and there said, "I don't care how you feel.  I don't care what you've asked of me.  I'm gonna talk about what I want to talk about - on camera - and your feelings don't matter."

I don't blame him for being upset, and feel that he behaved fairly calmly, considering.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think that was the reason he seemed angry.  He had specifically told Amy that he didn't want to discuss hers or Matt's relationships on camera.  Period.  He even tried to stop the continued filming of the scene.

Amy's decision to discuss it then and there said, "I don't care how you feel.  I don't care what you've asked of me.  I'm gonna talk about what I want to talk about - on camera - and your feelings don't matter."

I don't blame him for being upset, and feel that he behaved fairly calmly, considering.

This!

He wasn't shocked that her relationship had changed and she was engaged, he was shocked that she blindsided him with the news ON CAMERA.

All she had to do was call him ahead of time and give him a heads up that she was engaged and would be coming over with the camera crew to break the news... that's all he freaking asked for but now he's a villain for something Amy chose to do, she knew he'd made that request and she should have honored it. Period.

Don't put someone on the spot about something they've told you is a difficult subject for them and expect them to be thrilled and jumping for joy, Zack looked speachless

He warned both parents not to do that and I bet if Matt did what Amy did, all the people who make endless excuses for Amy would be up in arms screaming about Matt being an insensitive jerk for not respecting Zack's wishes.  🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Amy's decision to discuss it then and there said, "I don't care how you feel.  I don't care what you've asked of me.  I'm gonna talk about what I want to talk about - on camera - and your feelings don't matter.

Exactly he wanted to be told privately because he didn't know how he would react or what he might feel, he's human and he's still working through his emotions on this particular subject.

What if Zack wasn't thrilled or what if he had personal questions or concerns? He can't really address any of that with the camera in his face...Or what if he's simply at a loss for words and couldn't speak from the shock of being put in a position he'd specifically addressed and wanted to avoid, that's not something you can control, if your mind goes blank and you don't know what to say you really can't help it..... he knew that this was the one subject he's still working on so in order for it not to be awkward or put anyone on the spot he requested that both parents come to him privately if there's going to be any changes in their relationships so he can process it and be ready for it when it's made public.

I think that's a perfectly reasonable request and I don't blame him for being upset about having it dumped on him with the cameras rolling.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I’ve said it once and I will say it 100 times more if need be:

Moderator Reminder

Although disagreement and lively discussion are encouraged here, please be mindful to respect the opinions of your other posters. 

Disagreeing with another poster is fine, attacking a poster (or multiple posters) for their opinion is not. Your post should remain primarily about the show, not other posters reactions to the show. 

This is not an “Pro-Amy/Matt” or “Anti-Amy/Matt” forum and no one is required to defend themselves for having an opinion either way. 

If you don’t like someone’s opinion, make your point once or twice and move on. If the sheer sight of their posts causes rage within your spirit use the “ignore feature”. 

But do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, engage with them and then report their responses in retaliation. If you feel someone has broken the rules, report and move on, the moderators will review. 

• Love 6

Zack is a grown man, a husband and father and he acted like a petulant child about Amy’s news. Grow up. I could see if he was a teenager subject to shared living arrangements with each parent via custody but he’s an ADULT. Amy and Matt’s divorce came after he was married and on his own! He’s 30 f*cking years old! I can’t. 

• Love 13
(edited)
56 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Zack is a grown man, a husband and father and he acted like a petulant child about Amy’s news. Grow up. I could see if he was a teenager subject to shared living arrangements with each parent via custody but he’s an ADULT. Amy and Matt’s divorce came after he was married and on his own! He’s 30 f*cking years old! I can’t. 

I agree to a certain extent but Zach doesn’t really act like fully functional adult (won’t even get into Jeremy).  He seems stunted or sheltered.  I mean he actually seems mystified you’re suppose to feed people at a party.  He tumbles over at starting a grill.  I like Tori and Zach together but Zach often seems lazy or clueless to me, so it’s not surprising he might not be able to put on a grin-and-bear it face until the cameras were gone.  With that said Amy’s an idiot if she thought it would be a great move to surprise Zach after he specifically asked her not to do that.  Zach has always been presented on the show as a tentative person and she ought to know that better than anyone.

On a side note, Amy’s two friends really get on my nerves.  I really can’t give you a good reason why.  I don’t know anything about them, but they usually irk me when they are on the show. 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I thought about this overnight and now I've given it way more attention than it deserves, but the show is to varying degrees scripted.  Zach and Tori didn't show up out of the blue and discover a camera crew was there.  They knew they were going to Amy's house for filming and I really believe that they had to have an idea of why.  These things have story boards and even pages of what's going to happen if not dialog or dialog cues or suggestions.  Various people have seen them and posted about them around the internet.

Therefore, I don't believe to the bottom of my soul that Zach was completely and utterly blindsided.  I think he already knew before filming and they wanted him to act like that simply for drama for the show or he was ticked that they wanted to film "Zach being told" and didn't like it.  As Jacob has said there is the show and there is their real life.  One example was where they had a camp fire and he wasn't shown, but as soon as the cameras left he joined the family.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

On a side note, Amy’s two friends really get on my nerves.  I really can’t give you a good reason why.  I don’t know anything about them, but they usually irk me when they are on the show. 

They usually bother me, too.  They don't normally add anything of substance to the plot.  It's more likely production ran out of ideas to film so it's let's have Amy and friends go to x, y, or z.  They seem all too aware of the cameras and crew.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

Zach and Tori didn't show up out of the blue and discover a camera crew was there.  They knew they were going to Amy's house for filming and I really believe that they had to have an idea of why. 

Just to clarify... Zack and Tori were at home and Amy came through their gate into the backyard where they were sitting at their patio table. 

On to something different and sorry because on this tablet my multiple quote never seems to work, I wanted to answer @LucindaWalsh.... Tori said the party was for the new house and all the changes in the backyard..... Which kind of surprised me because I thought they already had a house warming party last season?... Or maybe that party was Jackson's birthday.... Maybe someone else can recall what the party last season was for?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Just to clarify... Zack and Tori were at home and Amy came through their gate into the backyard where they were sitting at their patio table. 

Which to me makes it even worse.  The crew was there and had been there long enough to set up which takes quite awhile. There is no way Zach didn't know what was going on. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

On to something different and sorry because on this tablet my multiple quote never seems to work, I wanted to answer @LucindaWalsh.... Tori said the party was for the new house and all the changes in the backyard..... Which kind of surprised me because I thought they already had a house warming party last season?... Or maybe that party was Jackson's birthday.... Maybe someone else can recall what the party last season was for?

The party at their house was a housewarming party. That is the one where Caryn made the dip in the bread bowl and Matt and Chris sat at the table having a very nice civil conversation.  I am not sure who mentioned it but what I heard was it was an end of the year party (summer?) and for people to see the improvements to their yard.  

• Love 5
On 4/29/2020 at 3:55 PM, Joan of Argh said:

The thing is Amy could have taken the option to buy a side and build her dream home with Chris, then she'd still be on the farm but she didn't want to, Chris asked her many times if she was sure she didn't want to do that and even after the fact Chris asked her more than once if she wished she would have taken a side and stayed on the farm.... No one held a gun to her head and forced her to leave.... IIRC the farm was 35 acres and it grew to 110 acres... That's more than enough space to have her own private driveway etc and she wouldn't be running into Matt on a daily basis.

The way Chris kept bringing it up on several episodes made me think that that's what he would have preferred, he seemed melancholy as he said how much he'll miss the views and tranquility.

It seems odd to me that Chris and Amy didn't buy a home together, he seems happy to let her buy the home and he'll come live there, is he afraid it might not last and he doesn't want his money involved?...l think Chris might be a Peter Pan.

On 4/29/2020 at 7:20 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I found it interesting when Chris said that he left the table and went to the washroom for a VERY long time, to the point that he wondered if it was upsetting Amy.

So he goes to the restaurant to propose and basically describes having an anxiety attack, had to go to the washroom for so long that Amy and the crew were left wondering what was going on and then finally came out and proposed and he looked nervous as hell.

I don't think that's a good sign, what's he so afraid of?

He's never proposed before... he can't be nervous like any other guy would be? 

On 4/30/2020 at 9:32 PM, MzTori77 said:

I can understand Zack’s feelings, but he could have at least said something! He looked like a petulant child with his bottom lip out. Tori didn’t need to gush over Amy, but she could have definitely handled it better. A simple “We’re really happy for you” would have sufficed. 

And it's not like it's totally out of left field.. they've been together for 3 years.... 

I get he doesn't like surprises with the cameras on him... but c'mon man.... don't be a pouty adult. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

The party at their house was a housewarming party. That is the one where Caryn made the dip in the bread bowl and Matt and Chris sat at the table having a very nice civil conversation.  I am not sure who mentioned it but what I heard was it was an end of the year party (summer?) and for people to see the improvements to their yard.  

yes Tori said it was for the new house but that confused me as well because they had a house warming party last season to show everyone all the changes they'd made.

I guess they'd done the backyard since that party and wanted to show everyone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

yes Tori said it was for the new house but that confused me as well because they had a house warming party last season to show everyone all the changes they'd made.

I guess they'd done the backyard since that party and wanted to show everyone.

Just a thought, parties make for good storylines for the show.  Everyone is together, there may be some drama and we get to see a lot of interactions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

He's never proposed before... he can't be nervous like any other guy would be? 

Nervous is nervous, but IMO hiding in the bathroom until the crew and Amy started to wonder wtf was going on is something different.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

I don’t think it’s too weird for Chris to be nervous before proposing.  It’s nerve-racking for a lot of guys, and Chris mentioned wanting Amy to have a nice proposal story to tell not to mention this was going to be viewed by over a million people that would be commenting on how it played out.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Which to me makes it even worse.  The crew was there and had been there long enough to set up which takes quite awhile. There is no way Zach didn't know what was going on. 

I agree that they obviously knew she was coming and they'd be filmed but I don't think Zack knew about the engagement news.

I think Tori and Zack both looked like they thought the news was about her closing on the house and when Amy hesitated after the house news and said "there's more news" they both looked surprised and even shocked once she dropped the engagement news on them.

Tori also posted an IG story saying how surprised they were when Amy brought up the engagement news because they had no idea that that was coming.

So either Tori is a gigantic liar or they really didn't know about the engagement, just my opinion but I think she's telling the truth.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I once read an article on children and divorce.  I always thought divorce only affected young children and teens living at home.

But no it can effect children and adult children of all ages in many different ways.

Many long out of the house and with families of their own had to go to counseling they were so upset.

So I'm giving Zack a pass on his behavior.  He HAS exposed his entire life to the camera.  He deserves to have privacy on one thing that really bothers him...his parent's divorce.

Tori was put in a very awkward position.  She knew Zacks feelings and there was Any doing HER thing regardless of Zacks request and feelings.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't see the kids being closer to Matt and Caryn.  Zach saying that he wished his dad would have realized he should have been a better husband 25 years ago, says a lot to me.   

Matt and Caryn try too hard to present a happy united front.  Just remember Caryn, when the other woman becomes a wife,  your old space is open for another side piece.  I have to give Caryn credit though, if she can stomach Matt, she's tougher than nails.   I wonder if her weight gain is from drinking more to get through days with him.  A wine venture sounds about right,  I bet she will be the official taster...lol.   I would have to be comatose to spend any time with that man, but for me, there isn't enough money to fake it.

Who knows if Chris and Amy make it?  People change partners like they change their hair style.    I think they'll do better than Matt and Caryn, if they ever get married.  I can see Matt waving a prenup in front of her and Caryn bolting.   Matt is an idiot if he doesn't do a prenup, he already knows that neither of them are above lying and cheating.   And, you just know his kids are wanting Matt's' money, so I think he will protect their interests.  Caryn just may need to take out a giant insurance policy and accidentally run over Matt with a tractor...lol.  I know, I'm going to Hell in a hand basket for that one!

Edited by watcherwoman
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I once read an article on children and divorce.  I always thought divorce only affected young children and teens living at home.

But no it can effect children and adult children of all ages in many different ways.

Many long out of the house and with families of their own had to go to counseling they were so upset.

So I'm giving Zack a pass on his behavior.  He HAS exposed his entire life to the camera.  He deserves to have privacy on one thing that really bothers him...his parent's divorce.

Tori was put in a very awkward position.  She knew Zacks feelings and there was Any doing HER thing regardless of Zacks request and feelings.

But Amy didn’t spring a divorce or a marriage statement on Zach— just an engagement announcement , which should be happy news, imo. 

If Zach is bothered so much by hearing about his parents’ relationships, he can opt out of filming entirely, like his siblings have.

Now, mind you, I’m not saying Amy wasn’t insensitive, she was. I wouldn’t have done it on camera if my son had requested not to. But not a big deal, imo. Probably more producer-driven—Amy and Matt have both said they amp up drama and push each others’ buttons to make better TV.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 5/3/2020 at 12:20 PM, Irate Panda said:

I agree to a certain extent but Zach doesn’t really act like fully functional adult (won’t even get into Jeremy).  He seems stunted or sheltered.  I mean he actually seems mystified you’re suppose to feed people at a party.  He tumbles over at starting a grill.  I like Tori and Zach together but Zach often seems lazy or clueless to me, so it’s not surprising he might not be able to put on a grin-and-bear it face until the cameras were gone.  With that said Amy’s an idiot if she thought it would be a great move to surprise Zach after he specifically asked her not to do that.  Zach has always been presented on the show as a tentative person and she ought to know that better than anyone.

To me they are both so far up her ass. That's what irritates me.

• Love 5
On 5/3/2020 at 5:26 PM, LucyEth said:

That 's the same yard where the dog poops and pees (as mentioned earlier). I don't really trust Zach to clean all that up thoroughly for guests, or even for Jackson.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, seasons said:

To me they are both so far up her ass. That's what irritates me.

If you watch the portion of the show where she is at lunch with those two women, Lisa the blonde her business partner, looks over at the other lady and copies all her reactions when Amy breaks the engagement news.  Just did not seem genuine at all. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

If you watch the portion of the show where she is at lunch with those two women, Lisa the blonde her business partner, looks over at the other lady and copies all her reactions when Amy breaks the engagement news.  Just did not seem genuine at all. 

nothing about those two is genuine, they're a couple of paid stooges because Amy doesn't have any real friends.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

nothing about those two is genuine, they're a couple of paid stooges because Amy doesn't have any real friends.

I agree but to be honest I felt the same way about Matt's "friends"

I don't recall exactly what was going on but Matt had friends over for a beer and I think they were hitting golf balls or something and I just didn't buy that they were his long time friends, it all seemed a bit fake to me.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree but to be honest I felt the same way about Matt's "friends"

I don't recall exactly what was going on but Matt had friends over for a beer and I think they were hitting golf balls or something and I just didn't buy that they were his long time friends, it all seemed a bit fake to me.

Yes Matt's friends were on one episode and we haven't seen them since.

Amy's stooges are on almost every episode, I have a theory why they've turned into barnacles stuck to her butt.

If you're interested I'll put it in a private message and send.  😉

• Useful 2

All week, the teaser for the next episode has been that this might be Amy’s last pumpkin season.  Does anyone else find this less than compelling ?  If it weren’t for the quarantine, I wouldn’t be watching at all.  AFIC, it’s new programming which at this point, is the only thing that’s making LPBW watchable.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

Yes Matt's friends were on one episode and we haven't seen them since.

Amy's stooges are on almost every episode, I have a theory why they've turned into barnacles stuck to her butt.

If you're interested I'll put it in a private message and send.  😉

Yes I'd love to know your theory, send it!  😃

The preview shows Amy blubbering about pumpkin season and when they're all getting seated on the bails of hay everyone looks happy, smiling..... but there's Amy glaring around with a pissy look on her face, I thought Chris was her dream man and they have all these exciting adventures to go on but nope she's still there waddling around spreading her negativity..... I hope this is her last pumpkin season then the others can enjoy it without all the negative energy.

I agree @Mary it's the same old nonsense, Amy whining and Matt wondering if she'll ever leave.

• Love 8

Rewatching the scene where Amy told Zach and Tori about her engagement, I thought Amy's behavior was odd.  First she talked about the house, then said, "I have other news..." She didn't seem happy or excited, she acted almost like she was going to give them bad news.  I thought it was weird.  And, if Zach had asked that such news not be given on camera, she probably should have honored that.  However, Zach's "job" is filming this show.  It is his only source of income to support his wife and children.  Generally, you don't get to tell your "boss" what you're willing to do and what you're not.  I don't think Zach has any right to dictate what other people (his mom) do on the show.  If he feels that strongly about it, he should quit the show and get a job.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, camom said:

And, if Zach had asked that such news not be given on camera, she probably should have honored that.  However, Zach's "job" is filming this show.  It is his only source of income to support his wife and children.  Generally, you don't get to tell your "boss" what you're willing to do and what you're not.  I don't think Zach has any right to dictate what other people (his mom) do on the show.  If he feels that strongly about it, he should quit the show and get a job.

I understand your point, but is Amy really his "boss," or is she just another coworker now that he's no longer a minor?

We know that a lot of this is scripted.  In my opinion, production may have gone to Amy and said, "We want to video your meeting when you tell Zach and Tori that you're engaged." Amy should have said, "No.  Zach has asked that neither Matt nor I discuss our relationships with others with him on camera.  He is my son, and I will honor that request.  How else to you want to handle it?"

It is not unusual for coworkers to make reasonable requests of others if it involves a situation that might be uncomfortable for one or the other.  I believe that Zach did make that request (as he said later that he did), and Amy ignored his feelings completely.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mary said:

All week, the teaser for the next episode has been that this might be Amy’s last pumpkin season.  Does anyone else find this less than compelling ?  If it weren’t for the quarantine, I wouldn’t be watching at all.  AFIC, it’s new programming which at this point, is the only thing that’s making LPBW watchable.

It might be THE last pumpkin season if Caryn gets her way with the vineyard plan.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

It might be THE last pumpkin season if Caryn gets her way with the vineyard plan.

A vineyard in Oregon? Does the climate allow for that there? It's rainy and cold, I thought California, Italy, France, Spain had the better climate for vineyards. What do I know. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ok, so I thought this episode was poorly produced. Amy's mother passes away. She's still having that stupid prom party and not going to be with the family for a few days. Her dad just lost his wife and her sister has been the one helping them out regularly and she is going to wait to go be with them? Sorry, that did not sit well with me. Your mother just died, go be with your father and siblings. Help them make the plans for the funeral for godsakes. 

I'm starting to think she really is a famewhore. First breaking the engagement news to Zach when he specifically asked her not to do that when the time comes. She knew it would upset him but claims she just forgot and expects all to be forgiven. Now this with the death of her mother. Don't want to miss any camera time, god forbid. The prom party must go on!!  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9
On 5/4/2020 at 4:18 PM, Dustbunny said:

Really, she seems to have a quite a few friends to me.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ok, so I thought this episode was poorly produced. Amy's mother passes away. She's still having that stupid prom party and not going to be with the family for a few days. Her dad just lost his wife and her sister has been the one helping them out regularly and she is going to wait to go be with them? Sorry, that did not sit well with me. Your mother just died, go be with your father and siblings. Help them make the plans for the funeral for godsakes. 

I'm starting to think she really is a famewhore. First breaking the engagement news to Zach when he specifically asked her not to do that when the time comes. She knew it would upset him but claims she just forgot and expects all to be forgiven. Now this with the death of her mother. Don't want to miss any camera time, god forbid. The prom party must go on!!  

I thought the same thing.   Either the producers insisted the prom party go ahead or else...or Amy is a famewhore.   I keep reading her relationship with her parents was difficult - that may have a factor in going ahead with prom.   Zach’s shrug of his shoulders at the news of grandmas death tells me she wasn’t all that close to Amy’s kids.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bunnyette said:

I thought the same thing.   Either the producers insisted the prom party go ahead or else...or Amy is a famewhore.   I keep reading her relationship with her parents was difficult - that may have a factor in going ahead with prom.   Zach’s shrug of his shoulders at the news of grandmas death tells me she wasn’t all that close to Amy’s kids.

and/or all of the stand-bys, fill-in and temporaries wanted to get paid (or have been pre-paid) for their appearance for the event. 

I missed what started the itch for Amy to do an adult prom? I thought most get the " I have never been.." itch when they see their children go to prom..

What's next on the bucket list that Amy didn't do when she was  young, pledging a sorority?

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 7
54 minutes ago, Bunnyette said:

Does anyone who follows her on IG know how all the timing actually went?  I’m wondering if the timing of the prom and Amy’s mom dying wasn’t exactly as aligned as we saw on the show.  Not that they weren’t close together, but maybe not exactly as overlapping as shown.  

I agree that Amy’s kids weren’t probably all that close to their grandmother.  My own husband makes no effort with his grandmother precisely because she made no effort with him and they didn’t have a relationship.  We tried when we were first married to visit her (she lived 3 hours away but refused to come back to where all of us are, even if we went to get her.  She didn’t even come back for her late husband’s funeral at Arlington).  Once we had kids, she told us we could visit, but not to bring our kids because then we couldn’t focus on her.  

Anyway, families are often goofy.  I do applaud Amy for making a different choice to make the effort with her own grandchildren. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Maybe it’s because (like millions of others)for the past 3 months I have been working from home a 50 hr a week job, and maintaining my household by cooking, shopping, cleaning when my “day job” ends, and helping my 8th grader with ‘remote learning’ while also trying to keep her spirits up b/c she can’t see friends, go to her graduation dance, or do anything beyond our backyard, and managing finances creatively because my husband was laid off thanks to COVID and helpIng my 80 yr old mom with her housework, shopping, meals, and trying to clean out & sell my late hoarder MIL’s house...but Amy repeatedly telling the camera and her family and friends that she “has soooo much going on in my life right now” that she didn’t think she could find an hour to show up in for Pumpkin Season made me want to scream!

Amy listed ALL her activities several times. 1) She bought a house 2) She got engaged 3) She’s planning a party 4) Her mom passed away. Let’s rate them on the Little Person, Big Effort Expended (LPBEE) scale, from 0 - 10.

#1 - ok, moving is stressful, but it doesn’t look like Amy has packed a single tea spoon in the old house. Nor does it seem she has any construction or cosmetic work going on at the new house.  LPBEE = 3

#2 - getting engaged takes no energy other than sliding a ring on your finger and graciously accepting well wishes from other. She has told everyone the wedding isn’t even happening until 2021.  LPBEE = ZERO

#3 - party planning is not rocket science. Secure a venue on the day/time you want, and organize food and entertainment if applicable. And looking at the cheap hand made signs and decor, it looks like Amy and Co. stopped at Dollar General on the way to the “Prom”. LPBEE = 4

#4 - losing a parent hits hard, especially when you live far from them. I don’t know how close Amy was with her parents, but I cannot relate to her reaction.  If I knew my mom’s health was failing, and I would do whatever I could to get there so I could help out, say good bye, give & get emotional support  with family. If I am a reality TV personality with no real job responsibilities or child care concerns like Amy, I certainly would get there faster and stay longer. She needed to make flight plans and pack a suitcase.  LPBEE = 2

And despite all her protesting about all the events and activities, Amy still managed to show up for Pumpkin Pictures anyway.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

In June, Amy’s mother was admitted to the hospital.

Chris proposed on September 14th.
Her mom passed in September 24th.

The memorial was October 24th.

That’s the timeline. I don’t recall any posts about the prom.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In June, Amy’s mother was admitted to the hospital.

Chris proposed on September 14th.
Her mom passed in September 24th.

The memorial was October 24th.

That’s the timeline. I don’t recall any posts about the prom.

wondered what happened between the two dates.. from a funeral/burial perspective. 

from ( link

"I wish she could've seen my kids and her grandkids and her great-grandkids a little more often," Amy Roloff says of her late mother, who died in September"

-----

I know families are complicated , and traveling can cumbersome, but a reality star, even if its TLC, should have the $$ and time to travel from OR to MI, at least once off season. And before the illness(-es) - her parents couldn't fly out, on Amy's coin ? Amy's been an empty nester for years... she couldn't go out by herself, with an album full of pictures, to catch up the parents?

Secondly, even if you can't be there in person, the mail with pkgs full of timely pictures and good old fashioned telephone call (good news & bad news) still works...

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I must say that I do get Amy's decision on the timing.  When you have senior parents who have been in poor health for a long time and you are expecting for them to pass away for a while, it is different, imo.  Often, plans have already been made and you are needed for that. And, families are complex.  In some families, gathering in the traditional way immediately, isn't automatic.  I think the show is pretty liberal with how they explain the order of things.  Amy may have gone home immediately, returned for the prom and then went back for the funeral, only, they didn't explain it that way in the show.  For all her faults, I don't see Amy sacrificing family for screen time.  I've never seen that side of her. 

I enjoyed the prom story.  I thought they appeared to have a good time.  Chris looked so much better with hair color. I mean, why wouldn't he continue with that?  He looked so much younger than Amy with the colored hair. 

No one has mentioned this, but, did anyone notice how the family sort of seemed like they didn't want to sit too close to Amy and Chris when they had that family photo shoot?  Maybe, it was the photographer who was directing them to move around, but, it seemed off to me.  Plus, they were not as close together as the rest of the group.  Hmmm......

I wonder how much those PRIVATE tours and photo sessions with the family cost?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I enjoyed the prom story.  I thought they appeared to have a good time.  Chris looked so much better with hair color. I mean, why wouldn't he continue with that? 

Prom was stupid in my mind.  That's what reunions are for.  My class of 1980 only did the dress up reunion for 5 and 10 and now we just meet at a bar by the old high school.  No dressing up, you only pay for your drinks, you can bring whoever you want.  A lot of different years are now coming to ours.  My own prom was great because a teacher was dating a student and his wife showed up..................................it was awesome.

Coloring hair - sucks if you have had to do it for 30+ years.

Are they not selling the farm?  I thought they were.  There is no way that those boys are ever going to run the farm.  They just want to live on it for free.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

No one has mentioned this, but, did anyone notice how the family sort of seemed like they didn't want to sit too close to Amy and Chris when they had that family photo shoot?  Maybe, it was the photographer who was directing them to move around, but, it seemed off to me.  Plus, they were not as close together as the rest of the group.  Hmmm......

I noticed it.  

The prom, there are no words🙄

• Love 7