Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Sai said:

Anyway, I thought Bethenny was dating Dennis during filming.  She talked about dating him and he came to event where she spoke.  I'm confused.

We saw him very early in the season, then Bethenny mentioned that they were not seeing each other any longer while they tried to figure things out. Said they still cared about each other, but were taking a break. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

Sometimes when kids have a summer Birthday parents choose to hold them back and let them mature a bit before starting school. I chose to do that with my son.

We homeschool, but if we sent our kids to public school, my daughter would be turning 6 literally 3 days after school starts. So she would be 7 going into 1st grade. This wouldn't be by our choice, though. Brynn has a May birthday, I believe. I bet that is what B did, decided to start her a year later. I see nothing wrong with it. There's really no conclusive evidence that starting school earlier has any academic benefit, and waiting may very well help them adjust better socially. 

9 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I'm actually shocked that Sonja and Luann voted for Trump. Especially Luann.

I don't think them pleading the 5th means they voted Trump. They may very well have not voted. There were 3rd party candidates as well, although I don't really see any of these ladies going that route. I think the tone was so pro-Hillary that some people might have felt uncomfortable not supporting her. Bethenny even said she wasn't thrilled with ANY of the choices, and it seemed like she sort of went Hillary as a "lesser or two evils" thing. She also mentioned that her viewpoint on it was one reason she really didn't want to get into election talks with Carole. And she can really hold her own. So I can see the other girls being even less comfortable expressing that they weren't Hillary fans, even if that didn't make them Trump fans either. A LOT of people were disillusioned with the choices this election. 

That being said, I have known a few people who were very liberal socially, but conservative fiscally - and they would vote with their wallet. 

• Love 24
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Maybe they were not embarrassed, ashamed, nor regret it.  Maybe they just don't want to put up with the almost guaranteed self-righteous derision they'd get in response because they are tired of it.  

Exactly. I thought it interesting that Bethenny said she wasn't thrilled with any of the choices. Sounds like she wasn't too excited about voting for Hillary. I give her credit for saying that. 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I was thinking they don't want anyone to know because they want to attend any freebie political events where there is free food and liquor. This way way they can crash either Political Party event

• Love 12

I did not appreciate the women being put on the hot seat and made to tell who they voted for. I have people in my life that I do not agree with politically at all but their other qualities outweigh the politics.  I want fashion, vacations and ridiculous arguments over minutia not religion or politics.

It came as no surprise that Carol and Adam (especially Adam) are not exclusive. I don't know why it's such a big deal that Luann and the Count had an arrangement but this is the first time Carol was called out on it even though she basically was Russ' drive by bang when he was in town. I do like the new couch although the sentimentalist in me would have probably bit the bullet and had it redone in tiger (30k is nothing to someone with millions). 

Luann needs to get a hobby or some meaningful job/volunteer work and not be defined by a man or relationship.

I wonder how Carole feels about Tinsley and her weak not voting excuses. Tinsley is in a bit of a bubble if she thinks she can just get her old life back, time has moved on and so should she. She another one who needs to get a hobby or job or something besides Scott to make her life less vacuous than needing to be near her blow bar.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

I did not appreciate the women being put on the hot seat and made to tell who they voted for. I have people in my life that I do not agree with politically at all but their other qualities outweigh the politics.  I want fashion, vacations and ridiculous arguments over minutia not religion or politics.

It came as no surprise that Carol and Adam (especially Adam) are not exclusive. I don't know why it's such a big deal that Luann and the Count had an arrangement but this is the first time Carol was called out on it even though she basically was Russ' drive by bang when he was in town. I do like the new couch although the sentimentalist in me would have probably bit the bullet and had it redone in tiger (30k is nothing to someone with millions). 

Luann needs to get a hobby or some meaningful job/volunteer work and not be defined by a man or relationship.

I wonder how Carole feels about Tinsley and her weak not voting excuses. Tinsley is in a bit of a bubble if she thinks she can just get her old life back, time has moved on and so should she. She another one who needs to get a hobby or job or something besides Scott to make her life less vacuous than needing to be near her blow bar.

I think because Lu and the Count were married and had children..  Carol wasn't married to Adam or Russ.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sai said:

And she told Luann to call it what it was and they were saying, apartment, condo and I'm pretty sure Tinsley said "hole".  I gasped and then laughed but it seemed like no one heard her.

I heard "home".   Not sure who said it though.  I thought it was Sonja with a sexy j. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Exactly. And she voted for Andy's candidate. While the other gals who didn't still have jobs. Kind of proves the point. Although we have no actual idea why Heather is not on this season. Just a bunch of speculation. 

Which came first though, her telling him she voted for HRC or the demotion? LOL

Kelly said in an interview, (E I think) that Heather was demoted to FOH and refused it so she quit. Had it been some salacious story, the Terry/mistress or something like that, Kelly would have spilled the beans with glee. I do think it was the demotion, they have to be available to film like a full HW but get less money, way less. 

1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Bethenny seemed quite authentic in her comments, and they went along with the vibe you got from her Twitter feed on the topic. She was originally a Bernie supporter, and like many other folks, didn't really like her choice at the end. But she was completely honest about it, and the girl has a big business to run that some might say could be impacted by her choices. But she still says what she believes. Carole does as well.  She took a ton of shit over on Twitter (and gave it right back), has read the comments about what people think about her strong stance, but she isn't hiding in a corner all afraid of what folks might think of her. The others just come across as very much afraid of how they will look if they answer that question. And they will be judged, just like they are judged for a million other reasons. But one has to wonder if things were going differently, and we were all tired of all the winning, would they be more willing to say more. 

I disagree with them being judged the same as anything else they do. It is a scary time for anyone that voted for Trump, and more so for those in the public eye, even Bravoleberties.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

That was a snooze.

Best part was Bethenny slamming Ramona's mouth shut.

Not shocked that Ramona, Sonja and Luanne voted for Trump.  Oddly, they couldn't own their vote.  Stupid bitches.  

Tinsley came across as so juvenile.  She hid her relationship so her parents wouldn't end it?  Huh?  And voting is not her thing....what a twit.

Ramona looks just awful.

We are allowed to snark on the HW's, the election was part of the show and reunion, so it's fair game.  I have no respect for any HW who voted for Trump.

49 minutes ago, Sai said:

Then I guess you have no respect for me either.  Oh well.  I don't like Hillary at all but I'm not gonna judge anyone who voted for her.  We live in a Democracy and we should be able to vote for whoever we want without fear.   Name calling and holding judgement against the Trump voters makes the Hillary supporter look worse than Trump, IMO.  Ooooh, I didn't get my way so whoever voted the other way is trash and are dead to me and get none of my respect even if they just donated their kidney to a total stranger they are still trash because they didn't vote my way....boo hoo........wah.  Whatever,  I'm not gonna talk about this anymore.  

Anyway, I thought Bethenny was dating Dennis during filming.  She talked about dating him and he came to event where she spoke.  I'm confused.

But butterqueen clearly said "HW" there. 

18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

We homeschool, but if we sent our kids to public school, my daughter would be turning 6 literally 3 days after school starts. So she would be 7 going into 1st grade. This wouldn't be by our choice, though. Brynn has a May birthday, I believe. I bet that is what B did, decided to start her a year later. I see nothing wrong with it. There's really no conclusive evidence that starting school earlier has any academic benefit, and waiting may very well help them adjust better socially. 

I don't think them pleading the 5th means they voted Trump. They may very well have not voted. There were 3rd party candidates as well, although I don't really see any of these ladies going that route. I think the tone was so pro-Hillary that some people might have felt uncomfortable not supporting her. Bethenny even said she wasn't thrilled with ANY of the choices, and it seemed like she sort of went Hillary as a "lesser or two evils" thing. She also mentioned that her viewpoint on it was one reason she really didn't want to get into election talks with Carole. And she can really hold her own. So I can see the other girls being even less comfortable expressing that they weren't Hillary fans, even if that didn't make them Trump fans either. A LOT of people were disillusioned with the choices this election. 

That being said, I have known a few people who were very liberal socially, but conservative fiscally - and they would vote with their wallet. 

Yeah, I also don't see Ramona, Sonja, or LuAnn being third party voters here. They realllllyyyy don't seem the type lol. I can't remember where I read it (maybe it was in one of the episode threads) that Bethenny was a Bernie supporter who eventually voted for Hillary. 

Anyway, pivoting...I'm glad to hear that Tinsley and Scott are still going strong and that he's moving for her. I don't know why that always seems more romantic to me when the guy picks and relocates to make a relationship work but it does. I hope they work out; they seem really good for each other. 

• Love 11

Reunion was kinda boring last night but I expect it to pick up when they get to the Mexico convo.  Although I appreciate her honesty in admitting that she didn’t vote but come the fuck on Tinsley, really? So disappointing.  It’s not my thing – how is that even a response?!?!?  

Bravo for Beth shutting down Ramona.  Ramona has this habit of trying to ingratiate herself to people by piggybacking on their comments orshe has to insert herself in a happy moment with a comment.  She does it all the time.  Like if Beth and Carole are laughing about a joke or a moment between them Ramona has to jump in and make a comment shoehorning herself in the moment.  It’s very annoying.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Sai said:

I think because Lu and the Count were married and had children..  Carol wasn't married to Adam or Russ.

I still never understood the reason to constantly grill Luann on her intimate details of her marriage and the arrangement they had since the question had been asked and answered a few times already. I doubt Luann went into her marriage with the understanding or hope that it would be open instead of traditional*. I know they are supposed to be honest about their lives and she pretty much has been pretty open but the other ladies not so much.

*Yes, she ran off with her boyfriend to elope with the Count but she said that the boyfriend was NEVER going to marry her, it was love at first sight with him and the Count could have dumped her after their fling but chose to put a ring on it and fly to the USA and meet her parents.

Now Luann and Tom is another story, she's such a beauty and for the most part a nice person and she made a complete fool of herself for him. Not the first or last person to be blinded by love (lust, money, fame "penthouse")but there is a saying "there's no fool like an old fool" and this unfortunately applies to her (not old but definitely a fool).

Lots of women make sacrifices for the sake of the family unit. Not a lot of women are like Carol and content to be his "when he's in town chick" or "I don't ask him if he sees other women" They should ask her if she uses condoms every time since she admits the men in her life see other women (discreetly) That is just as intrusive a question as who did you vote for, do you have an open a marriage and how old were you when you first did anal.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Bravo for Beth shutting down Ramona.  Ramona has this habit of trying to ingratiate herself to people by piggybacking on their comments orshe has to insert herself in a happy moment with a comment.  She does it all the time.  Like if Beth and Carole are laughing about a joke or a moment between them Ramona has to jump in and make a comment shoehorning herself in the moment.  It’s very annoying.

This is one of her worst traits, IMO. Bethenny was opening up a bit about her divorce, and here comes Ramona - "Mario forced his way back into the house and it was a nightmare". BULL. SHIT. Even if that DID happen (not convinced it did), we all know she would be over the moon. At any rate, it's not about YOU, Ramona! 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Reunion was kinda boring last night but I expect it to pick up when they get to the Mexico convo.  Although I appreciate her honesty in admitting that she didn’t vote but come the fuck on Tinsley, really? So disappointing.  It’s not my thing – how is that even a response?!?!?  

giphy.gif

*live footage of Ramona trying to ingratiate herself with others*

4 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I still never understood the reason to constantly grill Luann on her intimate details of her marriage and the arrangement they had. I doubt Luann went into her marriage with the understanding or hope that it would be open instead of traditional*. I know they are supposed to be honest about their lives and she pretty much has been pretty open but the other ladies not so much.

*Yes, she ran off with her boyfriend to elope with the Count but she said that the boyfriend was NEVER going to marry her, it was love at first sight with him and the Count could have dumped her after their fling but chose to put a ring on it and fly to the USA and meet her parents.

Now Luann and Tom is another story, she's such a beauty and for the most part a nice person and she made a complete fool of herself for him. Not the first or last person to be blinded by love (lust, money, fame "penthouse")but there is a saying "there's no fool like an old fool" and this unfortunately applies to her (not old but definitely a fool).

Lots of women make sacrifices for the sake of the family unit. Not a lot of women are like Carol and content to be his "when he's in town chick" or "I don't ask him if he sees other women" They should ask her if she uses condoms every time since she admits the men in her life see other women (discreetly) That is just as intrusive a question as who did you vote for, do you have an open a marriage and how old were you when you first did anal.

There's an impression here that if someone is in an open relationship--or, more specifically, if a woman is in an open relationship with a man--that somehow the guy is getting more out of it than she is. Or maybe it's because the topic is Carole? As you noted earlier in your comment, LuAnn was in an open marriage with the Count, and there's not nearly the level of supposed concern about whether LuAnn was simply content to be the Count's when-he's-in-town wife. There also doesn't seem to be the same level of supposed concern about whether LuAnn used condoms while in her open marriage with the Count or while she was in whatever that was with Tom, who most certainly was never discreet.  

• Love 14
10 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I'm not shocked at all about Sonja given who her ex is and that Ramona is her RH bestie,  Luann, with her background, that shocks me. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I liked Tinsley's candor about voting, it is not her thing. It is refreshing to have someone who just affirms her position. 

She is not interested in politics. It is her right. She is not proclaiming to be anything that she is not, I like her authenticity, so far.

I am not surprised that all the housewives have history with the Donald, he is kind of a NY institution.

I also agreed with Bethany completely about the two candidates. She can see a bullshiter a mile away, it is one of her greatest quality.

I agree your whole post, especially these 4 lines.  

I still don't buy that having worked in DC and interviewed politicians years ago, makes you more informed TODAY about the issues, the candidates, and their positions, any more than a citizen (ok, probably not Ramona) taking the time to educate themselves about what's going on.  She probably has a better idea about how "the game is played" in Washington, but issues and platforms,...not necessarily.  

Tinsley said she's not into politics, it's not her thing.  I know it appalled Carole that Tinsley didn't vote, but wouldn't she have rather had Tinsley make an informed decision than just voting to vote? or voting for someone because someone else told them to? or because all her friends are voting for that person?  Plus, trying to chose which one of those candidates would be less harmful to the country as president was an incredibly difficult decision for many.

I would think, with their social and business circles, and schmoozing in NYC, it'd be surprising if they hadn't run into Trump

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Why WHY WHY did Andy not ask B if Dennis Shields is divorced yet ?

If the elevator button says PH,  it's a penthouse in my book! :-) 

Bethenny will never understand or try to understand how her actions trickle down to Jason, Brynn or her mother. Or anyone for that matter. She'll judge you in a hot second but never looks in the mirror.  Bethenny will never ever find happiness. Bethenny get a year of 3x a week EMDR therapy and report back! 

I hate her on HW because everything we see is sanitized it's not real.  She chose broad terms in her descriptions of her divorce probs last night.  I did appreciate her admission of voting for Hillary. 

If Jason's phone is Facetiming Brynn to Bethenny  I am confused as to why Brynn would put the camera facing a corner etc. She's 7. 7 year olds know how this works. Brynn recorded Bethenny waterskiing last week on a Snapchat.  

When has Andy ever grilled Bethenny like the other Housewives? It's all softball all the time. This entire season was promoting her upcoming real estate show as well as endless Skinny Girl plugs. It's boring. I love how everything that she says and does including the horrible way she treats people is okay because she's been "tortured" by her ex and needing to pay legal fees. Boo hoo. Yet if any of the other women were having difficulties in their personal lives she'd be the first one shouting them down.

I'm also incredulous by her assertion that Brynn doesn't know anything about the hatred between her parents. Little puppet Carole is once again Bethenny's mouthpiece. Let her speak for herself.

If the HW want to vote for Trump / Pence and their agenda I think it's interesting that so many of them don't live the lifestyle of Conservative Christians. How are you an advocate for gay rights and vote for that administration? I know Ramona looks down on anyone who doesn't live on the UES or God forbid Brooklyn so I assume that she's leading the cheers against immigrants, people of other religions and cultures? I want to know who voted for him, who's financially donating to him because I wouldn't want my money to in any way support that agenda. 

Edited by charming
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

There's an impression here that if someone is in an open relationship--or, more specifically, if a woman is in an open relationship with a man--that somehow the guy is getting more out of it than she is. Or maybe it's because the topic is Carole? As you noted earlier in your comment, LuAnn was in an open marriage with the Count, and there's not nearly the level of supposed concern about whether LuAnn was simply content to be the Count's when-he's-in-town wife. There also doesn't seem to be the same level of supposed concern about whether LuAnn used condoms while in her open marriage with the Count or while she was in whatever that was with Tom, who most certainly was never discreet.  

raw.gif

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Anyway, pivoting...I'm glad to hear that Tinsley and Scott are still going strong and that he's moving for her. I don't know why that always seems more romantic to me when the guy picks and relocates to make a relationship work but it does. I hope they work out; they seem really good for each other. 

Especially since he's the one with the career and life and she's got nothing going on at all except for shopping.everyday. I find that strange. I want to know more about this perfect Scott. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

I wonder if the Trump voters (or assumed Trump voters) will have jobs next season?  Andy could be vindictive like that.  Expose the Trump voters, then fire them.  That was a bad question and I'm surprised Bethenny answered it.  We already knew about Carole & Dorinda, as they were open about it from the beginning, but to interrogate people who prefer to keep their vote personal was vile, IMHO.  

I'm pretty open about the fact that I voted for Hillary and think people who voted for Trump should own it, but....  the voting booth is private for a reason.

It's pretty clear to me though that at least Sonja and Ramona voted Trump - they were open about their preferences. I'm not sure about Luann, she declined to say because it is private to her,  I assume. 

Andy doesn't need the excuse of Trump to oust Sonja or Ramona,  their actions the last couple of seasons have given him plenty of reason to kick them to the curb. 

• Love 12

Im probably alone in this but when they showed the flash back scenes with Adam, Carol, and Tinsley it looked like Adam was very intrigued by Tins. He stared at her in a way I didnt see him look at Carol, maybe he was just being nice but it looked to me like he was attracted.

• Love 7

Carole must be a really good parent because she is so wise about how Beth is raising Brynn....oh wait! I wish she'd STFU, flying monkey indeed. Poor Beth.... so much torture.  <roll eyes> 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

Im probably alone in this but when they showed the flash back scenes with Adam, Carol, and Tinsley it looked like Adam was very intrigued by Tins. He stared at her in a way I didnt see him look at Carol, maybe he was just being nice but it looked to me like he was attracted.

You are not alone, also when she was giving her toast to Sonja he seemed riveted by her.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Thumper said:

That thought crossed my cynical mind, too!

It's a good strategy by Bethenny to not get involved in relationships while filming. It's also nice of the show to allow Carole to be Bethenny's spokesperson on issues related to Bryn & her ex husband

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

I definitely thought there was a lot of chemistry between Adam and Tinsley. But I'm glad she's with Scott. Adam seems so vacant and listless, to me. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was surprised how quickly Bethenny shut down Ramona about not wanting to talk to her about their custody or Jason issues. I don't think Ramona was coming from a place of sympathy/empathy. 

It actually sounded to me as though she was about to say something sympathetic.  Beth reacted so viscerally I rewound.   She didn't seem so bothered about other comments from Ramona, this was in specific response to something she'd (Beth) said about Bryn, so I thought it was an exasperated:  I've been told you to keep my baby's name outcha mouth kinda thing.   Still more chop of her head than it needed to be though.  And I can't stand Ramona.

11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Andy wouldn't let it go with Bethenny and her issues with Jason.  He reminded me of how good he is at looking like a nosy gossip who can't stop digging into someone's personal life.  The man wouldn't know genuine concern if it bit him in the face. 

Normally I'd agree.  But I was having the same frustration he was.   He asked for any concerns she might have about Bryn reading present day stuff years from now.   Her response was that today's news is not tomorrow's news.   I was like: the fuck?  I mean I understood her underlying point about 24 hour "breaking news" cycles and how that dilutes the significance of real headlines.  But that's way too broad and simply doesn't address that while it may be old by the time Bryn reads about it, when she does, the details will be new to her and furthermore it's the history of her parents marriage.  Chances are she will be interested.   Hell, the history channel ran a Roosevelt special not too long ago wherein I (just) learned FDR and Eleanor were cousins.  I was lightweight fascinated and them people ain't no kin to me.

11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

And sorry, I don't think that Bryn will be twelve by the time she discovers google.  Beth is very naive.  Sorry, you can only shelter your daughter so much.  At some point, sooner than later, her child is going to see and hear what went on.  It may be old news but the internet never forgets.  

And what a hypocrite to say that her mother gave an interview about Beth calling her so Beth cancelled the trip.  Um Beth, who brought this up in an interview to begin with.  That be you.  Once again Beth's double standard when it comes to her mother.

Say word.

When Beth brought it up in an interview, it was to say she'd reached out to her mother because Bryn asked about her.   Bernadette is not famous.  She has no reason but every right to grant interviews.   Regardless, obviously, though I can't know for sure, I doubt Beth cancelled the trip because her mother gave an interview.  She cancelled because of what Bernadette said (below).  Source is Radar Online.

“I don’t think she really reached out, her daughter [Bryn] asked about me. She didn’t reach out; the daughter did,” Birk told Radar.

“Well, I just said hello. I don’t know the child. I’ve never seen her, so it was very short little conversation. I asked her about her school and her age and just simple little questions,” Birk recalled of the conversation with Bryn, 6. “I didn’t really speak to the mother that much.”

Although the 65-year-old described the conversation with Frankel, 45, and her granddaughter as being “very out of the ordinary,” Birk admits that she wasn’t at all emotional about the reunion and says her daughter’s negative remarks about her in the past are to blame!

“I really had no feelings at all,” the Bravo star’s mom told Radar. “I buried that with her comments many years ago. It took me a long time to get over those lies and I have no feelings for her at all.”

“I don’t even know where she got my number. I don’t have hers. She didn’t leave a number and quite honestly, I didn’t think to ask for it,” Birk continued.

In addition to sharing the family news, Frankel claimed that she has plans to take her daughter to meet Birk and even said she invited her stepfather, John Parisella, too.

But although Birk said no plans are definite yet, she would be open to meeting her granddaughter — even if it meant seeing her daughter too.

“That would be nice,” she said. “As far as Bethenny, I don’t know how I would leave her out of the equation.”

10 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Yep. I held my daughter back because the birthday cutoff here is weird. You just have to be 5 by December 31 to be in kindergarten. My daughter is a December birthday so I held her back. Although, I just googled and Bryn's birthday is May 8 so it isn't too late. Some will hold back though for maturity or developmental reasons. Other parents will hold back thinking it gives their kid an edge in the higher grades if they are a bit older. 

I don't know if it has ever changed but here, they've got to be 5 by the day school starts.   We don't get the choice to sit them out, the state will do it automatically.   I have a December baby too, she'll be 18.5 at her h.s. graduation.

5 hours ago, film noire said:

Carole: Like a real damn journalist, she asked the gotcha question -- Lois Lane, you deserve a slow clap for that. 

Bethenny: She's still emotionally tethered to the relationship that went wrong - the crying, the "torture" comments, the inability to see that her daughter is going to deeply care about all of this in five years (because it's her daughter's life, not "old news'). She hasn't worked through any of it; it's still fresh and hot and alive in her. And there was no happy counterweight when Dennis was mentioned,  no lightness against that darkness (and if you have to "scare a guy straight", that's a very bad omen for the relationship.  It rarely sticks.)

Tinsley is the (possible) embodiment of that old joke about the problem drinker -- they don't see they have a problem with drinking -- hope she's course- corrected, but she didn't own it in a way that says "Yep. I know I need to watch that."

I've hated Andy's suit/shirt/tie combo -- looks like he's in a male choral singing group, one that considers themselves spiffy.

Oh geez, was I not paying attention again? Lol.  I missed it, what'd she ask?   shit.  duh, was it the voting question?   If so, yeah ok, it's private but I didn't get the impression that right couch was holding onto it for privacy's sake.  It seemed like something they were embarrassed to admit.   The backlash since comes from his supporters being the poorest bunch of winners I've ever seen.   Like, calm the hell down, you know you literally can't afford to have no stroke lol. 

2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Why WHY WHY did Andy not ask B if Dennis Shields is divorced yet ?

If the elevator button says PH,  it's a penthouse in my book! :-) 

Bethenny will never understand or try to understand how her actions trickle down to Jason, Brynn or her mother. Or anyone for that matter. She'll judge you in a hot second but never looks in the mirror.  Bethenny will never ever find happiness. Bethenny get a year of 3x a week EMDR therapy and report back! 

I hate her on HW because everything we see is sanitized it's not real.  She chose broad terms in her descriptions of her divorce probs last night.  I did appreciate her admission of voting for Hillary. 

If Jason's phone is Facetiming Brynn to Bethenny  I am confused as to why Brynn would put the camera facing a corner etc. She's 7. 7 year olds know how this works. Brynn recorded Bethenny waterskiing last week on a Snapchat.  

Chile, we covered this lol.   Because he's a shit interviewer, remember?  The only other person who could've asked was the one being interviewed.  

You know I'm not mad about them getting her together about the penthouse don't you?  lol!!!!    Pied a Terre, Palm Beach, the Yacht, the help, the penthouse, she's always technically correct.   But girl??  There are fake sapphires attached to your dress with a piece of pantyhose.   If you don't sitcho bootleg siddity ass down somewhere!

Carole said Jason was the one doing this.  

Tinsley shouldn'tve said one word about voting.  The words she did say made her look lazy or stupid or something.

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Is anyone else sensing a hostile vibe between Tinsley and Luann?

I hope Tinsley is on next season and this plays out on the show,

I think Tinsley can spot Lu's true colors a mile away. Someone who's using their courtesy title, and social climbing to be one of the chosen ones not realizing that it's something you have to be born into. I have to admit Luann talks a good game (that Palm Beach-West Palm Beach) but people who really do have it all have no need to discuss it or show it. 

• Love 8

I think it is rude to ask how someone voted in an election! It is also rude to attempt to shame someone when their political views don't align with one's own. Obviously Hillary won the vote in NY, but, Trump received 36.5 % of votes, so, of course there are people that voted for him. Andy should stick to the entertainment side of reality tv- leave the political bickering to other venues. 

I actually felt a bit of empathy for Bethenny, however, it's important to remember the " 3 sides to every story" rule-his side, her side, and the truth. Bethenny can make me see red sometimes-i cannot imagine how it would be to be her ex. 

Carole-shut up. I'm all for being a supportive friend, but her campaigning for public sympathy towards Bethenny is transparent. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

It actually sounded to me as though she was about to say something sympathetic.  Beth reacted so viscerally I rewound.   She didn't seem so bothered about other comments from Ramona, this was in specific response to something she'd (Beth) said about Bryn, so I thought it was an exasperated:  I've been told you to keep my baby's name outcha mouth kinda thing.   Still more chop of her head than it needed to be though.  And I can't stand Ramona.

Normally I'd agree.  But I was having the same frustration he was.   He asked for any concerns she might have about Bryn reading present day stuff years from now.   Her response was that today's news is not tomorrow's news.   I was like: the fuck?  I mean I understood her underlying point about 24 hour "breaking news" cycles and how that dilutes the significance of real headlines.  But that's way too broad and simply doesn't address that while it may be old by the time Bryn reads about it, when she does, the details will be new to her and furthermore it's the history of her parents marriage.  Chances are she will be interested.   Hell, the history channel ran a Roosevelt special not too long ago wherein I (just) learned FDR and Eleanor were cousins.  I was lightweight fascinated and them people ain't no kin to me.

Say word.

When Beth brought it up in an interview, it was to say she'd reached out to her mother because Bryn asked about her.   Bernadette is not famous.  She has no reason but every right to grant interviews.   Regardless, obviously, though I can't know for sure, I doubt Beth cancelled the trip because her mother gave an interview.  She cancelled because of what Bernadette said (below).  Source is Radar Online.

I don't know if it has ever changed but here, they've got to be 5 by the day school starts.   We don't get the choice to sit them out, the state will do it automatically.   I have a December baby too, she'll be 18.5 at her h.s. graduation.

Oh geez, was I not paying attention again? Lol.  I missed it, what'd she ask?   shit.  duh, was it the voting question?   If so, yeah ok, it's private but I didn't get the impression that right couch was holding onto it for privacy's sake.  It seemed like something they were embarrassed to admit.   The backlash since comes from his supporters being the poorest bunch of winners I've ever seen.   Like, calm the hell down, you know you literally can't afford to have no stroke lol. 

Chile, we covered this lol.   Because he's a shit interviewer, remember?  The only other person who could've asked was the one being interviewed.  

You know I'm not mad about them getting her together about the penthouse don't you?  lol!!!!    Pied a Terre, Palm Beach, the Yacht, the help, the penthouse, she's always technically correct.   But girl??  There are fake sapphires attached to your dress with a piece of pantyhose.   If you don't sitcho bootleg siddity ass down somewhere!

Tinsley shouldn'tve said one word about voting.  The words she did say made her look lazy or stupid or something.

Tinsley is a vapid woman,  which I don't mind too much on a reality show. She is honest about her vapidness and what she said about voting showed that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I'm fine with Sonja hiring a mactor to portray a foreign hotelier/squatter with a Pepe La Pew accent because, really, that shit should be true.......

Best. description. ever.

16 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

I saw him being a normal human being who was smiling and engaging in polite social conversation with a person who he did know very well. 

You honestly see NO difference at all between a husband and wife - married for well over a decade with 2 children - having an "arrangement" vs. a couple who always maintained a casual relationship with zero children involved? 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

.  Source is Radar Online.

Thanks for sharing the Bernadette interview. I wondered what she said. It doesn't seem that bad, considering what shit has been thrown in her face. Repeatedly. On national tv and many many other articles more public than radar. Grandma wants to meet Brynn. Good. 

Haha you're so right on Andy's skills. He sucks. 

But but but.... why would she need to FaceTime Jason? She was essentially Facetiming Brynn. Brynn can hold the phone to see mommy.   Would he have refused to let Brynn see her moms face ? Personally, I doubt it. But maybe he did. Care hole gets half the story from Bethenny just like we do. If Brynn  was napping or unavailable (walk/bike ride w grandparents, friends house, or any other of a million possibilities) to talk face to face  I wouldn't FaceTime face to face with her either if I was Jason. Audio Faceless chat in the corner works! Who knows. I trust her NOT. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Best. description. ever.

I saw him being a normal human being who was smiling and engaging in polite social conversation with a person who he did know very well. 

You honestly see NO difference at all between a husband and wife - married for well over a decade with 2 children - having an "arrangement" vs. a couple who always maintained a casual relationship with zero children involved? 

I never once saw him so engaging with Ramona, Heather , Beth, etc.  I think it has even been mentioned he seemed so dull.  On a side note I dont think Tins ever noticed or reciprocated

• Love 1
23 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Yes. Being a journalist does make you better able to sort through the mounds of media garbage that come floating down the river. It just does. It's a skill, and Carole was at the top of her game. She still has the mind now that she had then. 

Ramona? Not very bright. Just not very bright at all. She can't even form two coherent sentences. I mean, look what she said to B: something like, it must be hard, because you two share a child! Uh, yes. That is basically the whole reason for the situation at hand, Ramona. If they didn't share a child, it wouldn't be hard on the mother of the child, or on the child, because there would be no child. She is ducking fumb.

I would wager that Carole is likely more well informed about a lot more things than Ramona is, not just politics. However, politics is very personal. There's a reason why people vote in confidence. To tote being more informed about the matter suggests that anyone who disagrees with your views on the matter is wrong and/or ignorant. I don't see the problem in Carole feeling like she's more informed, but I do think it's a very pretentious thing to say, especially because politics isn't a right or wrong thing - it's about prioritizing values and voting for the candidate that best aligns with your priorities. It was also unfair to put it out there that those who didn't say who they voted for probably voted for Trump. There were a lot of people that didn't vote or wrote in a candidate but aside from those options, if you're someone that doesn't like to discuss politics then you should be allowed to not answer the question without judgement. 

And they could have all voted Trump and lied about it when answering the question. The ballot is anonymous...not like anyone could prove they were lying. Personally, I did like that Bethenny shared her view and admitted to not liking either candidate. I think a lot of people fell into that category and I do think it did influence the outcome. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Not me. I just assumed it. A rich older dude who likes to marry younger women, prone to making shit up. Sounds like something Lu and Sonja would dig. I remember the reunion where Lu just casually threw out that the Count didn't like Jews, like it was no big deal. She said she didn't agree, but seemed to have no issues with his own intolerance. Told me all that I needed to know. 

I'm betting they didn't vote! So it told me nothing..

And they could have all voted Trump and lied about it when answering the question. The ballot is anonymous...not like anyone could prove they were lying. Personally, I did like that Bethenny shared her view and admitted to not liking either candidate. I think a lot of people fell into that category and I do think it did influenced the outcome

I didn't have a horse in this race, but I wouldn't have voted for either of them.

He really didn't need to ask, extra points, what immature BS.

Edited by Hello Lady
  • Love 5

I think it's good that parents have the option of starting their children in school at the age they feel the child is ready.  On the first day of kindergarten, I met my best friend (she still is!).  I was four and she was six.  I guess her mom held her back a year to get her more accustomed to speaking English (she was born in a foreign country) which seems to have worked well (She became a doctor).  I guess my mom thought I was precocious enough to start school at a younger than usual age. (I secretly think she just wanted to get me out of the house). 

Beth knows Brynn and maybe starting her in school last year while all of the divorce craziness was going on may have made it hard for her.