Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Carole didn't seem any more interested in outing the French dude as an actor anymore than any of the others did. Lu was actually the first person to bring it up - to Dorinda. She said "I heard he was an actor". Dorinda agreed. Then they said that he certainly looked the part. Beth then jumped in and said "what, he's an actor"? Sonja denied it, Dorinda said that was what she had heard, then asked Carole what she had heard. She said she had heard the same. Lu then agreed that this was the word on the street. Carole said that she thought Lu had heard it from the same person she had heard it from. So I guess the question is, why were Lu and Dorinda so interested in outing him as an Actor? They had the most to say on the topic and brought it up to start. 

So Carole didn't even jump into that discussion, she was brought into it by Dorinda.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Like, they were ok with the racist, sexist stuff but they didn't realize the stuff about Obamacare was actually going to happen. 

And many people on the ACA didn't realize that the ACA and Obamacare were the same thing  -- I don't think Lumonja are that dumb (or at least Luann is not that dumb) but with these "ladies" you never know ; )

11 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Tinsley hails from a wealthy family in her own right. Her grandfather owned multiple successful businesses. . 

True, but still -- throwing away over 70K a year on a hotel?  Girl's got some aged cheddar in her pageant paws.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/see-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-s-celebrity-campaign-donors-in-new-york-state-1.12359933

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/qind/

So apparently Dorinda, Luann and B each gave the individual maximum to Hilary's campaign; B has given over $58K since 2012, all to Democrats (she's given more than the FEC page shows Dorinda giving).  Interesting Carole doesn't show on either list, and she should be on both (but defninitely on the FEC website).  Sonja gave a 2008 donation to McCain (was she still married then?).  Nothing for Ramona at all.  I did Tinsley as a joke, nothing.

So I'm confused about why Luann didn't answer the question.  It seems unlikely she would have then voted for DT.  If she really just didn't want to say, it would have been better for her to say she believes this is private (marginally better than just following Ramona and Sonja, since everyone thought at least Ramona really did like DT).  Certainly she's left the impression she voted for him.

• Love 7

I'm not sure why Carole would be singled out for blame when she merely expressed interest in the subject, while the housewives who introduced the idea that Frenchie is an actor and bolstered it by pointing out that this was the "word on the street" are less culpable. 

Because the original post that was replied to was specifically about Carole and her actions, and wasn't a matter of tit-for-tat.

1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/see-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-s-celebrity-campaign-donors-in-new-york-state-1.12359933

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/qind/

So apparently Dorinda, Luann and B each gave the individual maximum to Hilary's campaign; B has given over $58K since 2012, all to Democrats (she's given more than the FEC page shows Dorinda giving).  Interesting Carole doesn't show on either list, and she should be on both (but defninitely on the FEC website).  Sonja gave a 2008 donation to McCain (was she still married then?).  Nothing for Ramona at all.  I did Tinsley as a joke, nothing.

So I'm confused about why Luann didn't answer the question.  It seems unlikely she would have then voted for DT.  If she really just didn't want to say, it would have been better for her to say she believes this is private (marginally better than just following Ramona and Sonja, since everyone thought at least Ramona really did like DT).  Certainly she's left the impression she voted for him.

I never defend Lu or her actions but, in this case, I think her "plead the Fifth" response sufficed. I don't think she left the impression she voted for DT -- to me, she left the impression that her vote isn't anyone's business. I can't criticize her for that.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I can see Luann sincerely hanging her hat on the "voting is private" peg and keeping quiet for that reason -  she is old school that way.  She is also appearance-conscious and wouldn't want to be identified as being a supporter of either side, lest she offend people (fans or potential customers?) on the other side of the aisle. So I never assumed she voted for Trump.  Knowing she maxed out donating to Clinton, that now seems even more unlikely. 

I do wonder if she regrets her choice to keep mum, since the world seems to have taken her silence as meaning she voted for The Donald.  Maybe she will 'fess up during her special, since she has been raked over the coals for refusing to answer.  Lord knows adjusting her stories to suit the public's response is standard operating procedure for her. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I can see Luann sincerely hanging her hat on the "voting is private" peg and keeping quiet for that reason -  she is old school that way.  She is also appearance-conscious and wouldn't want to be identified as being a supporter of either side, lest she offend people (fans or potential customers?) on the other side of the aisle. So I never assumed she voted for Trump.  Knowing she maxed out donating to Clinton, that now seems even more unlikely. 

I do wonder if she regrets her choice to keep mum, since the world seems to have taken her silence as meaning she voted for The Donald.  Maybe she will 'fess up during her special, since she has been raked over the coals for refusing to answer.  Lord knows adjusting her stories to suit the public's response is standard operating procedure for her. 

I kinda wondered about the customer thing too, then decided I don't know if she really has many (any)?  And I like Luann!

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, WireWrap said:

Bethenny said in response to Andy's question that she really didn't like anyone on the ballot so she voted for HRC, which more than likely means that she was a BS supporter. That said, I could care less who they voted for.

I could care less who voted for who, on this show or in real life, people vote the way it fits their life at that moment. How these women voted doesn't change my opinion about them even if they chose a different candidate or the same as I did. Yes, it is up for discussion in how it reflects on their behavior on the show but I don't think we can assume those that didn't share voted for Trump nor does it indicate why they voted for him if in fact they did.

She never donated to Bernie, per the FEC website.  I think she was just like a ton of people who thought Hilary was too old or too controversial for 2016, but when faced with the choice, went Hilary.  Certainly she's only donated to Democrats in the last 5 years. 

• Love 5

I'm not sure why Carole would be singled out for blame when she merely expressed interest in the subject, while the housewives who introduced the idea that Frenchie is an actor and bolstered it by pointing out that this was the "word on the street" are less culpable. 

Yeah. Carole wasn't even the one who brought up the subject.

• Love 6
On 8/24/2017 at 0:13 PM, DelicateDee said:

Yeah, but we already have people on here calling them bimbos with no guts.  Then you wonder why people prefer to keep their politics out of certain areas of their life.  (Haven't read through all the comments yet, but I suspect there will be more vitriol sent their way due to the perceived notion  that they voted for Trump).  Who needs that?

I've been called a retread and a snow flake for who I voted for in the last three elections and I am not on a reality show.  

I don't know I have seen all the housewives called much worse for other things they shared.

personally I'd have more respect for them if they stood by their vote JMHO  

• Love 8
On 8/26/2017 at 9:13 PM, WireWrap said:

I disagree, most HW's have off limit subjects, be it their children/families, business, religion or politics, they all (except Shannon OC) have something they do not like to talk about. I have no problem with Luann, Sonja or Tinsley refusing to answer if that's what they wanted to do, they were not involved with any election talk during the regular season. Only Carole, Dorinda, Ramona and Bethenny discussed the election and Carole didn't allow anyone to have an opinion other than hers or else she called them stupid. 

Having a discussion means that each side is willing to hear the other out but that is not happening on either side and, sadly, hasn't for a long time. I don't watch these show for political commentary, I watch it for the escapism it brings me from the reports in the news. I am looking for something to laugh/snark about, not have a serious dialogue about. 

I agree 100% with your post, @WireWrap.  Thank you. 

I said this in an earlier post but I don't have to see every single aspect of these ladies' lives.  Some things can and maybe should be off-limits.  I don't care to know their political opinions.  I watch these shows for escapism.  I want to see their homes, their vacations, their clothes and, in some cases, their lunacy (like Turtle Time.)  

On 8/26/2017 at 3:51 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Why was Carole so invested in outting Frenchie as a paid actor?  It struck me as odd.  And yet, her saying she heard about it & the way she said it made me believe it all the more.  Sonja's denials didn't help.  She's a lousy liar.  Bethenny summing up the situation, like it's the first time it happened on a Bravo show (instead of the billionth) seemed strange too.  Was she mocking Sonja or the situation of paying an actor to play a bf?  And then Tinz timidly chimed in about hearing Sonja's & Frenchie's "love-making".  Um, not too convincing, airhead Tinz.

Because Carole is a shit stirrer?   She also needed to guarantee her apple for next season.  What did she bring to the show this season?  Her storyline was the election and shacking up (but not really) with Adam.   She's also the one who suggested that the answer Ramona, Sonja and Luann provided to the political question must mean they voted for Trump. It doesn't and Carole had to know what she'd stir up but again . . . she's a shit stirrer. 

20 minutes ago, tribeca said:

personally I'd have more respect for them if they stood by their vote JMHO  

Choosing not to share who they voted for, if they voted or their political affiliation does not mean they aren't standing by their vote.  It means they don't want to share the information.  

1 hour ago, SCS said:

I never defend Lu or her actions but, in this case, I think her "plead the Fifth" response sufficed. I don't think she left the impression she voted for DT -- to me, she left the impression that her vote isn't anyone's business. I can't criticize her for that.

Agree.  I'm not going to criticize anyone for choosing to keep their vote private. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Why was Carole so invested in outting Frenchie as a paid actor?  

Because Carole is a shit stirrer?   

Still not sure why Carole is the one being held accountable for something Dorinda and Luann brought up, but at any rate ... she (or anyone else) can stir up all the shit she wants when it comes to exposing fake story lines.  I hate that kind of thing.  If your life isn't interesting enough to garner attention and you have to phony up a cheesy love interest just to have something to talk about, please think about getting off my TV.  

That goes for you too, Luann!

Having said that, I must add that Carole really needs a decent story line herself.  Yeah, her relationship with Salad Boy is real enough, I guess .. but that doesn't make it interesting. Seriously, when the most compelling aspect of your story line is what fabric you are going to recover your sofa with, it's time to think about retirement.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Tinsley hails from a wealthy family in her own right. Her grandfather owned multiple successful businesses. 

She is evidently worry-free about money independently to the point that she walked left her first husband and not vise versa. 

Thank you much!

4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yes, they were all interested in the notion that Sonja might be paying a guy to appear as her boyfriend on the show. It would be interesting to know for most, but especially if you were on the show with her. My comment was in relation to someone thinking it odd for Carole to be interested in it and not wonder about the others. The ones who actually introduced the topic. 

Yeah, I don't get it.  Lu spit out the actor bit to Dorinda, AS Sonja was talking about it, and loud enough for everyone to hear.  Not Carole.  Carole answered a question that was addressed to her.  But let's blame Carole.  Same shit different day. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, jaync said:

Miss "I only date men with private planes" has no room to lecture anybody about being pretentious. Of course, she's hypocritical to her (jutting) bone, so her berating was just business as usual.

With all the things to bitch about regarding Beth, I will never understand the mocking of her skull.  WTF, I think to myself, the obsession with her jaw is mind boggling.  But to each their own.

• Love 9
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, walnutqueen said:

Not as far as I can remember.  One always reapplied the jewels before the early a.m. Victory Lap - except for the pearl necklace, of course (which was either strewn all over the floor & under the bed, or otherwise defiled).  

Ain't enough dirty ice & bidets in the world to fix all the nights on the town I had in a previous life ...  I just avoid mirrors and public appearances, for the most part.  ;-)

Have you ever considered writing erotic novels?  The absolute dirtiest (the best kind)?  You'd make millions.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Still not sure why Carole is the one being held accountable for something Dorinda and Luann brought up, but at any rate ... she (or anyone else) can stir up all the shit she wants when it comes to exposing fake story lines.  I hate that kind of thing.  If your life isn't interesting enough to garner attention and you have to phony up a cheesy love interest just to have something to talk about, please think about getting off my TV.  

That goes for you too, Luann!

Having said that, I must add that Carole really needs a decent story line herself.  Yeah, her relationship with Salad Boy is real enough, I guess .. but that doesn't make it interesting. Seriously, when the most compelling aspect of your story line is what fabric you are going to recover your sofa with, it's time to think about retirement.  

It's mind boggling to me that a writer cannot have a decent storyline.  That would be interesting to me, instead of globbing on to others' storylines.   Seems that Carole and Adam have broken up so she won't have him as her story next season.  I'd much rather hear about George Clooney and her journalistic past (without condescending judgment.) 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

It's mind boggling to me that a writer cannot have a decent storyline.  That would be interesting to me, instead of globbing on to others' storylines.   Seems that Carole and Adam have broken up so she won't have him as her story next season.  I'd much rather hear about George Clooney and her journalistic past (without condescending judgment.) 

I would love to hear about Clooney or her journalistic past as well.  She has never really talked specifics about her work as a journalist, and I would love to hear more. But I think many would hate it like crazy. Any mention by Carole of Clooney would lead to talk of her bragging. I think even talk of her past work as a journalist would have some screaming that that was 15 years ago and no one cares. She seems content to just kind of hang around her apartment and go out with her friends and if she isn't doing anything that others think she should be, she isn't really interesting. Doesn't bother me, but I can certainly see how some could need more in their Reality TV folks. I just want them to be real people doing their real thing, but can see how that might not be particularly entertaining year after year. 

• Love 9

Still not sure why Carole is the one being held accountable for something Dorinda and Luann brought up, but at any rate ...

Nobody has done that. Nevertheless, if it's that imperative, then ask the OP why he didn't include the other HWs in his question about Carole.

With all the things to bitch about regarding Beth, I will never understand the mocking of her skull.

Why do you assume it was her skull?

57 minutes ago, jaync said:

Still not sure why Carole is the one being held accountable for something Dorinda and Luann brought up, but at any rate ...

Nobody has done that. 

in addition to Carole's supposed penchant for rumor-mongering being mentioned, she has been accused of "projecting when she accused Sonja of buying a camera-ready boyfriend." She's been called a shit-stirrer for (being third in line) questioning Sonja and Frenchie's relationship. Seems like Carole is being held accountable to me.  Meanwhile Dorinda and Luann - who initiated the whole discussion - go unmentioned. 

It's funny because the suggestion that someone was projecting when it comes to suggesting Sonja has a fake relationship would be more appropriately made about Luann in my opinion.  The shit stirrer thing, well ... you could say that about any of them, lol. But Dorinda would be at the top of my list of shit stirrers on this show, for sure.  She was the one who brought the subject of Frenchie being an actor up, after all. 

Why do you assume it was (Bethenny's) skull?

Because her jaw is has been a running source of mockery and criticism for years. ??? 

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

(Carole) seems content to just kind of hang around her apartment and go out with her friends and if she isn't doing anything that others think she should be, she isn't really interesting. Doesn't bother me, but I can certainly see how some could need more in their Reality TV folks. I just want them to be real people doing their real thing, but can see how that might not be particularly entertaining year after year. 

I wish Carole had something more going on aside from just being someone's sidekick.  I have the feeling her life may be more interesting then she is willing to show.  What does she do all day?  lol I would like to know because I have the feeling she's got more going on than bong hits and junk food.  You couldn't tell from watching the show, though. 

Maybe she will show up next season as an accomplished marathon runner.  I'm  not sure how fascinating that would be, but it would be at least something.  

• Love 5
On August 26, 2017 at 3:07 AM, HunterHunted said:

Or maybe it's hard to explain her nuanced childhood. I love my parents, but like most people they are flawed and my parents were deeply flawed. My father was an alcoholic with massive anger issues. He never laid a hand on my mother, but he beat his children mercilessly. He beat my one brother daily because my brother had allergies. My dad almost beat that brother to death with a tire iron until a stranger intervened. My oldest brother was running from my dad during a beating and ended up getting hit by a car at 6 years old. We got beatings for bad grades; we got beatings for talking back, but we also got beatings if we were hurt or sick. I got a beating for not catching the chicken pox and then for catching the chicken pox years later. He also sent all of us to private school and then berated us constantly about how much our schooling cost him though as minors we had no say about where we went to school. When I say constantly, I mean constantly. Everyday sometimes for hours. My two youngest siblings opted for boarding school. He also helped pay for college though we all had some level of scholarship award.

A picture only shows what was happening the exact moment it was taken. We don't know what happened before or after. Bethenny does use hyperbole, but even with Bernadette's pictures I take Bethenny's statement to mean that more often than not her family didn't have birthday parties for her and if they did, it was accompanied by all of the crazy shit she always had to deal with.

Try being raised by an alcoholic. Those kids can tell the difference. My siblings and I knew that if you could tell my dad something that would upset him before he finished a fourth beer his reaction would be completely different. After 4, he'd be unreasonable and dangerous. We knew most of the bus routes really well because if we asked to go somewhere, but pointed out that he might be too drunk to drive he'd beat us and still drive us there completely drunk. We started asking permission like this "Is it OK if I take the number 12 bus to the library? or my friend's house? I'll get a transfer so I can get back home." You had to get the transfer because otherwise he'd be pissed that he had to pick you up and he'd have drinking.

That said, it's not like my childhood or my memories of my father are all bad. More often than not, I'm sharing happy, funny, and silly stories about my family. That doesn't mean that my dad didn't terrorize my family for a significant portion of my life. Bethenny might be a narcissist, but I think comes from being raised by people who were so messed up that it was hard for them to consider what was best for Bethenny. Maybe they sent her to prep schools and paid for college because that's the best version of parenting they could manage.

HH, I am sorry to hear of your childhood story. Thankfully you made it through everything to be here with us. God bless you and your siblings. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Because her jaw is has been a running source of mockery and criticism for years. ??? 

Like Ramona's bulging eyes and belly?  Sonja's crotch?  Luann's deep voice? 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, film noire said:

And many people on the ACA didn't realize that the ACA and Obamacare were the same thing  -- I don't think Lumonja are that dumb (or at least Luann is not that dumb) but with these "ladies" you never know ; )

True, but still -- throwing away over 70K a year on a hotel?  Girl's got some aged cheddar in her pageant paws.

She was looking at apartments previously on the show in that same price range. There really is no difference between spending it on an apartment hotel (which is really closer to what she is currently living in) versus an apartment. Either way, she is throwing money away instead of investing it in a piece of property. Going with the apartment hotel actually saved her money since she didn't have to move all of her belongings out of Florida to furnish the new place.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

Like Ramona's bulging eyes and belly?  Sonja's crotch?  Luann's deep voice? 

Exactly.

Certain physical characteristics are essentially incontrovertible and not deserving of being mocked, imo. 

eta: well, Sonja's possibly unsanitary and all-too public crotch, notwithstanding, of course! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4

Seems like Carole is being held accountable to me.  Meanwhile Dorinda and Luann - who initiated the whole discussion - go unmentioned. 

Calling out Carole for her actions - in a post about her - isn't an absolution of the others. I seriously doubt Carole could give a shit whether or not she's referenced synonymously with her co-workers, as it's really not a BFD.

Actually, I was thinking along the lines of her clavicle, sternum, and/or spine.

22 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wish Carole had something more going on aside from just being someone's sidekick.  I have the feeling her life may be more interesting then she is willing to show.  What does she do all day?

God, THIS.  I have wondered this probably since her first season.  WTF does Carole do all day?  Eat sexy salads?  Shop for new upholstery and fabric?  Read other people's books?  Because she certainly doesn't appear to be writing and she isn't thinking up names besides "Baby" for her pets. 

As a writer, she's an absolute mystery to me.  I know quite a few of them and for most, writing is like breathing.  Carole acts as though she can take it or leave it; she's downright lazy when it comes to her writing.  Her supposed cookbook with Adam seemed more like something specific to the show and not something she was seriously working on, or felt passionate about.  She never discusses in works in progress; she doesn't seem to belong to any writers' groups or associations.  Hmmm, maybe she really is more like Carrie Bradshaw than we though.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I have the feeling her life may be more interesting then she is willing to show.  What does she do all day?  

Vent on twitter, ride on Adam's handlebars and running.

• Love 3

Just body shaming.

Nope, just commenting on what is shown when she chooses to parade her body on tv in various states of undress.

What does she do all day?  

Smoke dope, and dream of getting butt-plugged by Beth?

• Love 3
14 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

God, THIS.  I have wondered this probably since her first season.  WTF does Carole do all day?  Eat sexy salads?  Shop for new upholstery and fabric?  Read other people's books?  Because she certainly doesn't appear to be writing and she isn't thinking up names besides "Baby" for her pets. 

I think it is a good question - what does she do all day. Probably lots of stuff, but nothing that Bravo finds interesting enough to show to us. She seems to currently be focused on training for the NY Marathon so maybe we will see some of that, although I believe it takes place in early November, so not sure if they will be filming or not. 

But then I wonder this about most of these gals. Maybe because when this show started everyone pretty much had a day job, save for Lu, but she was busy letting her nanny raise her kids, so there is that. 

But what do most of them do all day long? As far as I can see, Ramona has no full time job any longer. No place to be every day. Certainly Dorinda doesn't. I guess Lu has her stuff with Evine, but that cannot take up that much of her time and we haven't heard about it on the show for a couple of years. What else is she doing? I don't think Sonja actually has anything that routinely fills her days. Tinsley said in the segment where she was looking for an apartment that she still had a day job, but Sonja said that all she did was shop all day long, so not sure about her. 

At the end of the day, it appears that only Bethenny actually has anything going on that fills her days. And still routinely - as a group - they are the most entertaining and interesting. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

As a writer, she's an absolute mystery to me.  I know quite a few of them and for most, writing is like breathing.  Carole acts as though she can take it or leave it; she's downright lazy when it comes to her writing.  Her supposed cookbook with Adam seemed more like something specific to the show and not something she was seriously working on, or felt passionate about.  She never discusses in works in progress; she doesn't seem to belong to any writers' groups or associations.  Hmmm, maybe she really is more like Carrie Bradshaw than we though.

She wasn't like this her first few seasons, it was her craft, Her Craft, HER CRAFT!!!!! But we still never saw her write anything but we did see her blow off her editor and make the lamest attempt at an introduction to a vegan cookbook with her vegan boy meets junk food girl...was it supossed to be a cookbook or a romance novel?

We saw Carrie write all of the time, she had deadlines that were met.

I was appalled that the question of who the HW's voted for was brought up and they were put on the spot. I might have been disappointed at some of the answers but it is their right as an American to vote their conscience without fear or intimidation. I didn't appreciate Carole's eye rolls either. I hope that Princess Snowflake realizes that no one in Houston is asking people who they voted for while they are risking their lives to help those in need and aren't allowing only one political party onto the rescue boats or refusing rescue until one they agree with politically comes along. The volunteers, that type of spirit, those  who only care about safety and not politics are the "real America" and that is the country we need to get back to and heal. We're not just red or blue, we're red, white and blue and there is a huge difference.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, BBHN said:

The first one, probably, the second one, probably not.

True. When Carole was in the initial phase of sucking up to Beth, and mentioned she had a sex dream about her, Bethenny's butt was never mentioned.  Just that she'd touched her inappropriately. She's provocative, that one.

18 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But then I wonder this about most of these gals. Maybe because when this show started everyone pretty much had a day job, save for Lu, but she was busy letting her nanny raise her kids, so there is that. 

But what do most of them do all day long?  

I think the reason many wonder what Carole does all day is because she comes off as such a slacker.  Luann and Bethenny have said as much.  Whereas the other women, even Sonja, have this energy about them that makes it seem like they don't lounge around the house all day and night doing not much of anything.  Even animal care is a shared duty.  I know that's harsh but that's the way Carole appears to me.  Girl, get up, clean your house, wash your hair and write something.  She mentioned last year on Instagram that she was learning to play the guitar.  Show me that, Bravo.  Anything.  Has she ever planned a HW trip?

It will be interesting to see if she maintains her gym membership after the marathon.  Many people use working out as a means to get fit for the summer. Or for a vacation.  Or a marathon.  Making it a lifestyle change is work.  I wonder if she's got it in her.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Has she ever planned a HW trip?

I think she planned the trip with Lu and the Pirate? Of course she was also the first I remember to break the 4th wall about these trips. She had no idea that the house where they were staying was the same house she had stayed in years before with Anthony. So clearly, she didn't really plan it. But I think the purpose of the trip had something to do with her and she invited the others along. I could have that slightly wrong. 

ETA: I think that trip had something to do with that dude she was dating at the time. He had a gig there or something? 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I'm watching her first season on Hulu. I completely forgot about this: she was very excited that they were going to make Widow's Guide to Sex & Dating into a television show. They loved the pilot. I wonder what happened.  

When Carole was in the initial phase of sucking up to Beth, and mentioned she had a sex dream about her, Bethenny's butt was never mentioned.  Just that she'd touched her inappropriately.

Yeah, it was one part of the "Carole is lusting after Benthenny" storyline, one of the biggest storylines that's been going on over the last 3 years. Hell it was a bigger storyline and more referenced story than Tom and Luann...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I'm watching her first season on Hulu. I completely forgot about this: she was very excited that they were going to make Widow's Guide to Sex & Dating into a television show. They loved the pilot. I wonder what happened.  

I guess they didn't love the pilot despite what Carole led us to believe. Who were the actors? At least Kyle is giving us more info/details about her scripted series. Seeing the negotiations and the behind the scenes action would have been a more interesting story line than any of the ones she has presented so far.

• Love 3

When Carole was in the initial phase of sucking up to Beth, and mentioned she had a sex dream about her, Bethenny's butt was never mentioned.

Probably because Carole had actually seen Beth's butt. Anyway, it would be Carole's butt getting the plug since she's into that, and is the one who dreamt of SkinnySex.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maybe they read the book?  I got an advance copy of it and I couldn't finish it - - it was tedious and unbelievably dull.  I was disappointed because I was so thrilled to get it.

• Love 3

Carole was beyond rude and condescending with her being "more informed than the average voter". She was sure she was right and EVERYONE else was wrong. Well, Michael Moore, a super liberal, called it for Trump on the Bill Maher show, got booed by the audience but was correct. He could see the writing on the wall but Carole couldn't because when her head wasn't buried in the sand she was busy kicking it in the faces of those she felt were intellectually beneath her (which in her opinion seems to be everyone).

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ryebread said:

True. When Carole was in the initial phase of sucking up to Beth, and mentioned she had a sex dream about her, Bethenny's butt was never mentioned.  Just that she'd touched her inappropriately. She's provocative, that one.

I think the reason many wonder what Carole does all day is because she comes off as such a slacker.  Luann and Bethenny have said as much.  Whereas the other women, even Sonja, have this energy about them that makes it seem like they don't lounge around the house all day and night doing not much of anything.  Even animal care is a shared duty.  I know that's harsh but that's the way Carole appears to me.  Girl, get up, clean your house, wash your hair and write something.  She mentioned last year on Instagram that she was learning to play the guitar.  Show me that, Bravo.  Anything.  Has she ever planned a HW trip?

It will be interesting to see if she maintains her gym membership after the marathon.  Many people use working out as a means to get fit for the summer. Or for a vacation.  Or a marathon.  Making it a lifestyle change is work.  I wonder if she's got it in her.

I agree that she needs to show more of her life and she isn't exactly riveting tv BUT I am coming to the conclusion she is a nice respite from the other crazy gals.  That said, I don't think her life is boring.  She answers to no one, is responsible for no one but her pets, has worked hard in the past and seems to be retired, and isn't creating far fetched marriages or business plans to secure her apple.  I think she has a pretty envious life.  She can travel when she wants or not.  She can clean her her house or not.  She can eat cupcakes for dinner or not.  She lives for herself and gives no fucks what others think.  Not everyone needs to be a type A or live up to others expectations.  On the other side you see the desperation in people like Lu who marry a complete asshole just to keep her job or because her self esteem is so low she cannot admit per picker is bad.  I see no desperation in Carole.  

• Love 10

Re Frenchie:  I have it on very good authority that he has been hanging around the UES for a long time.  He's trying to be an actor.  And he's gay.  He's trying to make something happen for himself and maybe he thought he could do that via Sonja.  But I doubt the show hired him.  Which means that Sonja may well have...

• Love 6
On 8/24/2017 at 0:27 PM, LIMOM said:

It is actually astute, imo. Look how people responds assuming that they voted for 45.

they are not looking to lose fans. Point blank period.

And Tinsley admitting that she is not political, she gets made fun of.

it is a loose- Loose situation, imo. 

Er, lose-lose. Sorry to be all grammar police. 

Loose: rhymes with goose and is the opposite of tight. 

Lose: rhymes with zoos and is the opposite of win. 

• Love 2
On 8/30/2017 at 3:17 PM, quaintirene said:

Re Frenchie:  I have it on very good authority that he has been hanging around the UES for a long time.  He's trying to be an actor.  And he's gay.  He's trying to make something happen for himself and maybe he thought he could do that via Sonja.  But I doubt the show hired him.  Which means that Sonja may well have...

Well, Rocco has said that he's not waiting in the wings for Sonja.

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/03/sonja-morgans-ex-isnt-waiting-up-for-her/

• Love 4

Interesting that Dorinda kept repeating that Sonja and Rocco have been friends for years/forever, atleast 4/5 times. I think she was waiting for someone to take the bait and question the supposed blind date via jules last year ie the giant napkin dinner party. Doris was definitely calmly gunning for sonja still, and I dont blame her. Slightly annoyed B was never called to the carpet for the cocaine campaign but its smarter to let it die.

Speaking of narcs, B had to point out Tinsley had "substance filled" fights w her ex, to dilute her abuse story... Obviously B wanted to clean up the abuse victim contest from the ski trip, even though I don't think she got much shit about it. She got to literally button her segment, and the ep, with a plug for B Strong, and disclaimer that she would never dismiss someone's dv situation, etc..  

• Love 2