Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, oakville said:

It was a shocking development. I am surprised that Bethenny voted for Hillary. During filming, she seemed to be very hesitat to support Hillary. It's unusual for so many of the Housewive to personally know the President & his family on a personal level

Funny how things happen.  Hilary ended up at my cousins house for a fundraiser, so I guess she could say she technically knows her.  I doubt any meaningful conversations or friendships are developed though, unless someone has the potential to benefit them in a big way.

The story Bethenny told about running into Trump was hilarious.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

LOL I was getting distracted by Sonja's almost basic instinct moment.  I was just waiting for her hoo-ha to make it's appearance. 

I bet they have haz-mat folks on standby when Sonja is around.

• Love 5
Just now, Cherrio said:

Funny how things happen.  Hilary ended up at my cousins house for a fundraiser, so I guess she could say she technically knows her.  I doubt any meaningful conversations or friendships are developed though, unless someone has the potential to benefit them in a big way.

I met Hilary last Fall at a fundraiser. My husband's boss is good friends with her and spends a lot of time with the Clintons. I think they spend a lot of time maintaining friendships/relationships. Particularly ones they would benefit from.

• Love 6

Can't say I am a fan of Bethanny but she has been far more likable and palatable this season.  That being said her utter domination of ep2 was like having a fly drone and buzz in my ear for 45 minutes. 

I see Dennis is just a glutton for punishment. 

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Trump meets Bethenny on her walk of shame!

• Love 9

I enjoyed part two of the reunion. I still think the NY ladies are entertaining even when it is a very low key episode. I cannot say the same for the OC franchise, because that is a chore to sit through. I like this cast. My like or dislike of each of the ladies vary from scene to scene and episode to episode. They might not always get along, but I do feel like there is some affection there, especially with the women who have been around for many seasons.

• Love 10

My son is 8 going into the 2nd grade. We did an extra year of preschool and held him back for maturity reasons. It's quite common. 

I would've been fine with Ramona, Sonja and Lu saying "I voted for Trump and I regret it". If you're embarrassed by your vote, that kind of says it all! 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

Sometimes when kids have a summer Birthday parents choose to hold them back and let them mature a bit before starting school. I chose to do that with my son.

Actually, and I hate getting into the kids, Bryn does not have a summer birthday.  She was born in May.  What is unfortunate is that Beth talks about her and Jason doesn't want her to talk about her.  That's a huge part of the problem between the two IMO.  Just like her mother doesn't want her to talk about her.  Beth just doesn't 'get' that talking about the people in her life is a one way street.  She doesn't 'get' that it's not ok for her to speak 'her' truth and not expect others in her life not to respond. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Midnight Cheese said:

LuAnn, Ramona and Sonja disgust me.  Bimbos with no guts.  Unsurprising but still.   Sonja, he wouldn't even tap you as his backup side piece, and you did no consulting work for him in the 90s, unless "consulting" is now spelled f-e-l-l-a-t-i-n-g.

(I am and have been so happy, though, that I am no longer reading constant snide references to the hats at the Women's March in these threads, embedded in constant attacks on Carole's appearance.  I don't know what's up but I love it.) 

Why?  Because of who they might have voted for?  

If I heard correctly,  Sonja said she worked for the Hotel (or whatever venue) in some kind of consulting capacity, not that she worked for Trump. 

• Love 11

I wonder if the Trump voters (or assumed Trump voters) will have jobs next season?  Andy could be vindictive like that.  Expose the Trump voters, then fire them.  That was a bad question and I'm surprised Bethenny answered it.  We already knew about Carole & Dorinda, as they were open about it from the beginning, but to interrogate people who prefer to keep their vote personal was vile, IMHO.  

• Love 16

Tinsley's really starting to grow on me. I also like that she and Carole seem to have a real friendship. It's so much better for the show if the women actually like each other. Makes the fights so much more entertaining. Lol.

Sonya can go as far as I'm concerned. Her life isn't interesting to me and the two men she's "dating" are pathetic. There was some couch talk that Frenchie is actually an actor playing the part of Sonya's hot young lover,(he's a bad actor) which Sonya denied but Dorinda and Luann seem to believe. Rocco looks like a sad old guy getting whatever crumbs Sonya throws his way. 

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It was a fair question. No one had to answer.  I seriously doubt it's a witch hunt. 

Didn't it come up at an earlier OC reunion that prior to Heather, everyone was a Republican in that cast.

26 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yeah but Andy loves $$$ more.

Seriously!!!!! He's not firing anyone.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Didn't it come up at an earlier OC reunion that prior to Heather, everyone was a Republican in that cast.

Were you watching the early seasons of OC when Lauri started dating George aka Wallet? They attended a Republican fundraiser and Lauri said (in essence): "George is a Republican so I'm a Republican. I think I'm a Republican. Do I need to buy some closed-toe shoes now that I'm a Republican?"

Edited by SCS
Added a wee bit
  • Love 21

I didn't think this was the most electrifying reunion episode but I would rather watch this a thousand times than listen to the harpies, shrews and maniacs of the OC or Jersey.  We have enough to literal craziness in real life every single day.  This is supposed to be a guilty pleasure.  

But I have to ask, did it seem like Ramona was super quiet?

• Love 11

One would think Andy would be a better, more tactful interviewer by now. It's kind of amazing, the total lack of improvement. 

On the flip side, Tinsley may be my favorite first timer/replacement. I thought she came off really well, until the voting bit anyway.

They should have wrapped with two, and ended on a high. But who knows, maybe next week will also be entertaining. As someone upthread said, it's been nice that the shrieking is minimal. I'm also impressed that nobody has evidence to buttress their claims. It's almost like watching a normal, serious conversation between mature adults and their obnoxious nephew. There's a place for the Atlantas, I won't pretend I don't enjoy that. But this works too. 

• Love 10

Quel shockeroo that 3 UES rich bitches (all of modest origins) voted for their pocketbooks - & then are ashamed to admit it, even though they are personally acquainted with Mr. Tiny Hands/Big Belly/I-Get-2-Scoops-of-Ice-Cream-While-My-Guests-Get-Only-1!!   Dorinda, Carole & even Beth have my respect - although B almost immediately lost much of it by reminding us yet again that her life is SOOO much harder than others' ('tho' she did remember to cite her charity for abused women.)  Just tired of the endless Beth focus  - sounds like she & Dennis (who strongly resembles Tom, IMO) have managed to overcome the probs inherent to romancing the husband of a longtime friend...

• Love 20
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Maybe they just don't want to put up with the almost guaranteed self-righteous derision they'd get in response because they are tired of it.  

That's probably true. Ramona, Sonja and Luann are so witless & selfish, it's likely they'd be completely unconcerned about the actual impact of their actions, caring only about avoiding anything tiresome or annoying to them.

The Sane Couch (Bethenny's on my sane couch? Grading on a giant curve tonight!)  

Carole: Like a real damn journalist, she asked the gotcha question -- Lois Lane, you deserve a slow clap for that. 

Bethenny: She's still emotionally tethered to the relationship that went wrong - the crying, the "torture" comments, the inability to see that her daughter is going to deeply care about all of this in five years (because it's her daughter's life, not "old news'). She hasn't worked through any of it; it's still fresh and hot and alive in her. And there was no happy counterweight when Dennis was mentioned,  no lightness against that darkness (and if you have to "scare a guy straight", that's a very bad omen for the relationship.  It rarely sticks.)

Tinsley is the (possible) embodiment of that old joke about the problem drinker -- they don't see they have a problem with drinking -- hope she's course- corrected, but she didn't own it in a way that says "Yep. I know I need to watch that."

I've hated Andy's suit/shirt/tie combo -- looks like he's in a male choral singing group, one that considers themselves spiffy.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I'm actually shocked that Sonja and Luann voted for Trump. Especially Luann.

So much for Luann loving on the LGBT community -- her character has less value than Ramona's damn shoes.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ticklemepink said:

Bethenny NAILED Luann when it came to the life vs lifestyle discussion about Tom, and I died at her shading the penthouse. Luann's statuesque presence and put-togetherness make it easy to forget that she is actually quite messy and pretty dumb.

Shading the penthouse came accross as petty and minimizing, imo.

The apartment is on the top floor, it is a penthouse.

Beth can't let anyone have something nice. Forever envious of anyone who has a little something... not a good trait.

Good luck with Dennis's wife. She is no joke. She will be crying about being victimized by the ex, soon enough.

Luann was looking for a companion to play tennis and enjoy life, is it that wrong????

I liked Tinsley's candor about voting, it is not her thing. It is refreshing to have someone who just affirms her position. 

She is not interested in politics. It is her right. She is not proclaiming to be anything that she is not, I like her authenticity, so far.

I am not surprised that all the housewives have history with the Donald, he is kind of a NY institution.

I also agreed with Bethany completely about the two candidates. She can see a bullshiter a mile away, it is one of her greatest quality.

wow, 3 millions in legal fees? It is a good thing that she is a hard worker. I would have cut my losses sooner.

This is why Jason is so fucking angry (plus I truly think that he is a sadist). 

I like that Bryn is not on the show and I hope that they keep it that way. 

The only time Beth's face lit up is when she spoke about Bryn. It was nice to see, Imo.

Andy is a snake asking about his BFF's relationship, lol. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I'm annoyed. I didn't realize that this was airing at 8 pm EDT. I settled in to watch, only to see Vanderpump Rules. ?

Yeah, me too.   Since when has NY NOT aired at 9pm?????  I guess Bravo figured that they would fool people into tuning in at 9 and watching  whatever ridiculous VP Rules spinoff they are shoveling.   Not me.

• Love 7

Why WHY WHY did Andy not ask B if Dennis Shields is divorced yet ?

If the elevator button says PH,  it's a penthouse in my book! :-) 

Bethenny will never understand or try to understand how her actions trickle down to Jason, Brynn or her mother. Or anyone for that matter. She'll judge you in a hot second but never looks in the mirror.  Bethenny will never ever find happiness. Bethenny get a year of 3x a week EMDR therapy and report back! 

I hate her on HW because everything we see is sanitized it's not real.  She chose broad terms in her descriptions of her divorce probs last night.  I did appreciate her admission of voting for Hillary. 

If Jason's phone is Facetiming Brynn to Bethenny  I am confused as to why Brynn would put the camera facing a corner etc. She's 7. 7 year olds know how this works. Brynn recorded Bethenny waterskiing last week on a Snapchat.  

• Love 18
8 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I'm actually shocked that Sonja and Luann voted for Trump. Especially Luann.

We don't know she did, I don't think she wanted to say.I don't say, I'm not buying Bethenny came from Dennis's place with make up running down her face. Paparazzi are everywhere, ever seen one photo of her like that? She said she voted Hillary, but added she didn't like either of them. Carole is such a snob! Seriously! Don't give Tinsley hell for not voting, lots of people didnt like either of them , Carole!!!

Bethenny can add or take over someone's story,  but god , your dead meat if you interject into hers! Unless of course your Carole, who is on the poor Beth side and can say whatever she wants, whenever she wants.

Pretty boring last night, even Bethenny telling us she's back with the newly divorced Dennis, the smartest man in the world! Well, well see how long that lasts..

Edited by Hello Lady
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

No. Granted my gaydar sucks and I have been oblivious af when gorgeous men have practically told me in verbatim that they have wanted to do what Luann won't discuss at the table and Dorinda finds unnatural between a man and a woman! Still! I don't see it. He has feminine features and is a modern, crusty, hipster type, but I don't get a gay vibe.

On this I am SO Team Carole!!! My great-grandma voted during the first year that women legally could, and she told me they all went on a bus and men told them that their vote wouldn't count (she voted for Coolidge because her father told her to). I work as an election judge every year. I have more respect for the person who votes for the person I didn't vote for than I do for the person who just, y'know, doesn't care all that much and doesn't vote. The people who stayed at home who elected our current president just as much as the ones who really did.

Met too (although sometimes it's pretty close).  How does she not know about absentee ballots? 

I finally realized what bugs me about Tinsley: in a nutshell, it's her willing dependency.  

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

We are allowed to snark on the HW's, the election was part of the show and reunion, so it's fair game.  I have no respect for any HW who voted for Trump.

Then I guess you have no respect for me either.  Oh well.  I don't like Hillary at all but I'm not gonna judge anyone who voted for her.  We live in a Democracy and we should be able to vote for whoever we want without fear.   Name calling and holding judgement against the Trump voters makes the Hillary supporter look worse than Trump, IMO.  Ooooh, I didn't get my way so whoever voted the other way is trash and are dead to me and get none of my respect even if they just donated their kidney to a total stranger they are still trash because they didn't vote my way....boo hoo........wah.  Whatever,  I'm not gonna talk about this anymore.  

Anyway, I thought Bethenny was dating Dennis during filming.  She talked about dating him and he came to event where she spoke.  I'm confused.

• Love 23

I'm glad they finally put the Tom crap to bed on this one. But it is interesting that ONCE AGAIN Lu can't really name anything that's so great about him, or why they're in love. It's the same lame answers about how they have a "great time" together, their activities. But she's never once said - "He's intelligent, he's funny, he's generous, he's kind". Never. Whatever.....water under the bridge at this point. 

I'm really glad Tinsley is doing so much better now. She seems really happy. I get what she was saying about her drinking. I think she knew she was imbibing too much and for the wrong reasons, but many of us have been at that point and it doesn't mean we have a drinking problem. I know I drank way too much, to cope, after a devastating breakup that required me to move back home and have to basically start my life over. But it wasn't a permanent thing. 

So what IS the deal with Frenchie? He's an actor of some sorts? I needed more dirt on that. But didn't need to know that he keeps his toothbrush in Sonja's box. It's just so weird.....and then she says she can see herself growing old with Rocco. So, what? Is he just waiting in the wings until she's too old to pull the young D any more? 

DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANYMORE ELECTION CRAP. 

Also, why was SO much time spent on Bethenny at the end? And I ponder this as one of the last Bethenny fans. But it wasn't even stuff relevant to the show. Andy really went off on a tangent, asking about her mother and all this stuff. I'm not saying it doesn't interest me, but I like the reunions to focus on what we see on the show. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, January 111 said:

Just a thought, but does anyone else think Adam may be gay?    

Acting on any sexual preference would take energy and ambition that I don't believe Adam could ever possess. My gaydar is pingless and so is my straitdar on that cat! :-) 

3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

So what IS the deal with Frenchie? He's an actor of some sorts? I needed more dirt on that. 

I know right ? Why did no one ask Sonya straight up if he owns "his" hotel? He doesn't! He was subletting . I am quite sure Tins paid some sort of cash and he was paying for the screen time also. It was for sure compensatory relationship above and beyond the D! 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We have actual history on things like this. He didn't fire Yo on the BH show when she said that folks who were gay were making a "lifestyle choice". Nor did he fire Teresa G on the NJ show when she and her husband threw out what were clearly homophobic comments. He said in an interview that he thought that all of the NJ and OC gals voted for Trump (Heather Dubrow set him clear that she did not). I don't think their jobs will be in jeopardy because of the person they voted for. Perhaps for other reasons, but I don't think that will be one of them. 

Well.....Heather (OC) was demoted! (She chose to quit rather than be a FOH)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well.....Heather (OC) was demoted! (She chose to quit rather than be a FOH)

Exactly. And she voted for Andy's candidate. While the other gals who didn't still have jobs. Kind of proves the point. Although we have no actual idea why Heather is not on this season. Just a bunch of speculation. 

• Love 21