Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I could be alone on an island here, but I don't think that a person being unable to walk the runway during fashion week is the same as a transgendered person who wants to serve our country being told they cannot because of who they are. 

Yes they are!!!  Unrelated, but we are all civil rights experts on the internet....

I think your Island will need a rush hour ferry service.   I'll bring the SPF 50 and some Red Stripe.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, BBHN said:

FYI, here are the floorplans for Tom's crib. Definitely made for a single person or a couple with no kids living with them.

And while the terrace is great, much of the wraparound terrace is wasted space which probably could and should have gone to making the actual apartment itself  more spacious.

luann-de-lesseps-floor-plan-7cd067.gif&k

It looks like it takes up the entire floor.  It might only be one bedroom and not as grand as some of the crazy shit on MDL, but it seems like it really is the penthouse of that building.  It still is kind of pretentious to call it The Penthouse though.

• Love 7

I think the issue is that most of us are conditioned to think of something a bit more lavish and spacious when we think of "penthouse". Certainly something with more than one bedroom, something with a private elevator entrance, a great room in addition to a living room, etc.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I think the issue is that most of us are conditioned to think of something a bit more lavish and spacious when we think of "penthouse". Certainly something with more than one bedroom, something with a private elevator entrance, a great room in addition to a living room, etc.

It looks like the elevator has direct entrance.  But I do agree re the lavish ad spacious connotation.  I guess I can just see how Lu is not wrong even though I'm not saying she's correct :)

• Love 1

Actually, the elevator doesn't. If you look at the floorplans, the Gallery has 3 doors. The door to the right is the one Luann opens in the video tour.

Not to mention ditzy-cute-petite-blonde privilege.

LET HER WEAR HER OVERLY FRILLY BEDAZZLED/BEJEWELED COUNTRY-MUSIC CHIC DRESSES IN PEACE!!!

;)

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Seems to me that B's mom is a pretty cold person based on that interview. Obviously a lot has transpired between them but she referred to her own daughter as "the mother" and Bryn as "the child." . I'm not sure i'd want to be around that either let alone put my kid in that position. I honestly believe B about her childhood and I'm sure making that call for the sake of her kid, was very difficult for her.  I also think the interview after was an indication to B that what she may have THOUGHT was an olive branch being offered to Bernadette, certainly wasn't received that way or reciprocated.   

Can you imagine the shit that woman could say? I mean Brynn's parent's might be crazier than coo coo clocks but it seems clear she is a loved child. B's mom could, and probably would have gleefully, done some real damage. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

What we see is pretty much the actual "penthouse". The banquette right next to kitchen? That's the dining room. The only thing we didn't see it Tom's bedroom.

What about a shot of the infamous cookie jar or Luann's IKEA junk drawer of statement necklaces?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'm sorry...bethenny got what she deserved...she never shuts up when others are speaking...good on ramona

You can't have it both ways. Pissed that she won't open up and gleeful when she's interrupted.  

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8

What about a shot of the infamous cookie jar or Luann's IKEA junk drawer of statement necklaces?

I meant in the video tour lol

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Actually, the elevator doesn't. If you look at the floorplans, the Gallery has 3 doors. The door to the right is the one Luann opens in the video tour.

Right but the elevator still opens directly into the apartment and they could remove the doors if they wanted to the gallery is the hallway between the living room and the dining room. The service elevator also opens directly into the storage room.

• Love 4

Right but the elevator still opens directly into the apartment and they could remove the doors

Actually, they'd have to remove the doors in order to have the elevator open directly "into" the apartment.

It seems like there is direct access to the stair case from the apartment, though.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
Just now, BBHN said:

Actually, they'd have to remove the doors in order to have the elevator open directly "into" the apartment.

No they don't they just filmed that way because it looked better to enter right into the wall. When she did another tour both those doors were open and it's clearly their private space.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh geez, was I not paying attention again? Lol.  I missed it, what'd she ask?   shit.  duh, was it the voting question?  

Yeah, it was the voting question.  She just slipped that in all hardass reporter-like -- all she needed was a black and white camera and a non-filter cigarette - she'll never be my favorite housewife, but she's no longer my most disliked. (Congrats to Lumonja! You've been upgraded to despicable, dismissable & deplorable! :)

8 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

OR after much harping, the intern would just have her click on an online poll and convince her that that was as legit as a paper ballot 

I think Sonja tried to vote the same way she handled that Bergdorf card. 

8 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

but look at the response on this board toward Ramona, Sonja and Luann, who simply did not want to say.

People felt free to speculate on why Luann stayed mum about the inner workings of her marriage - not sure why staying mum about why/how she voted would be off limits to standard PTV snark.

but I'm not going to say that they are selfish and unconcerned about the rest of us because they declined to state who they voted for.

I didn't say that.  I was responding to the comment that Lumonja kept their mouths shut to escape being the objects of derision. I think those three women are witless and shallow enough to not give a damn about the actual impact of what they did  ("Andy, I voted for X, and I regret/don't regret my vote") choosing instead to hide from  -- yes -- derision.

4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Well, I was kind of kidding. But yes, it is a sacred responsibility. Even if you don't vote the way I would want. Didn't we learn this in civics class? 

MCM,  we will never agree about Bethenny, but between what you've said about your daughter elsewhere, and your son here, you sound like a kickass Mom ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12

No they don't they just filmed that way because it looked better to enter right into the wall. When she did another tour both those doors were open and it's clearly their private space.

Maybe it looked better to keep the doors open for the other tour?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Holy cow.  $2300/yd!  Is it hand plucked unicorn hair spun into gossamer fine thread by fairies that is then handwoven by an army of elves and dyed using the tears of puppies?  I actually make my own fabric starting from raw fiber, so I know how much work is involved, but $2300/yd is a lot.

And considering the cats use it as a scratching post,  it would be like whiping her behind with that money. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Luann likes to try to portray an image of "wealth"

Think back to when she met Dorinda at a store to discuss the gifts she was getting her fiancee as a wedding present.

She brags to Dorinda that she bought him a Rolex - by showing an image on a CRACKED IPhone.

Had she truly bought him a Rolex - they would have been in a Rolex store. No - instead we are in a "Tie" store - Bwahahahahaha

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Maybe it looked better to keep the doors open for the other tour?

It's marked gallery, is the main hallway from the dining room to the living room and is counted in the square footage of the aparment it's not communal space.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Wouldn't it be listed/marked as Foyer instead of gallery, if that were the case? If it wasn't communal space, then have those doors there to begin with?

Both are used if it was communal it wouldn't say anything at all and wouldn't list the dimensions. Some people like doors on their rooms.

• Love 1

Folks, we've already stated once that political discussion not DIRECTLY RELATED to the episode content is off-topic. Please stop talking about your personal feelings, those of Trump or non-Trump voters generally, political news, speculating about what people LIKE the Housewives might feel or do, etc. Do not use the question Andy asked the HWs as a jumping off point to a wider political discussion. We will continue to remove posts that stray into general political discussion, per the site rules.

• Love 10

Both are used if it was communal it wouldn't say anything at all and wouldn't list the dimensions. Some people like doors on their rooms.

Not true, many floor plans of NYC apartments list that area, either as gallery and usually note a foyer as being different. Plus Luann the Bravo tour listed that door to the right of the gallery as the entrance.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Wouldn't it be listed/marked as Foyer instead of gallery, if that were the case? If it wasn't communal space, then have those doors there to begin with? And where does it say it's part of the square footage of the apartment?

20992911_10211585656891726_4088751851503

Exclusive People Magazine Photo of Luann's home' office

07f2a92972c8d7a5046bd49ef71271c6--office

• Love 15

Was the question about the election from Andy directly, or was a it a viewer question?  It might have been better if it was phrased differently, "i.e., what were your feelings about the election, and have you ever met Hillary or Donald Trump?" 

• Love 1

I think the deal with Lu is that she always refers to it as the Penthouse. I have no idea if that is accurate, but then some days I am dumber than hair. I just think it is strange that she always has to mention it when talking about where she lives. Do people really talk like that? 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

So is this your office, Bunny?  I can't help but notice the picture in the top right.

Nope this is Luann's Countess Cave. She must be a fan of mine and you know how she likes to name drop.

Here is another view: She has a door, so this is ultra private. I think it's 5000 square inches

407f0d2fdd150255493a579c730d641b--funny-

• Love 13

Exclusive People Magazine Photo of Luann's home' office

0rxGz.gif

Picture of the gallery looking toward the living room.

Well, I guess that changes everything. Finally, it is now a penthouse fir for Alexis Carrington.

Well, if she were a real person...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, film noire said:

MCM,  we will never agree about Bethenny, but between what you've said about your daughter elsewhere, and your son here, you sound like a kickass Mom ; )

Aw, thanks Film Noire.

Be warned - I am going to try to wear you down and come over to the dark side on the Bethenny Divorce Thread ;)

• Love 7
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

Well, I guess that changes everything. Finally, it is now a penthouse fir for Alexis Carrington.

I didn't say it was, I was simply saying that the elevator enters directly into the apartment.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

And considering the cats use it as a scratching post,  it would be like whiping her behind with that money. 

From the Architectural Digest home tour (it might be in the Carole thread now that I'm thinking on it), Carole shows her upstairs walk-in closet. Inside (among the clothes, shoes, and accessories) is a cat tree/scratching post, which one of the cats is playing on. Looks like she finally broke down (after shelling some serious cash for the new couch fabric) and bought something for them to hang out on. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Wouldn't it be listed/marked as Foyer instead of gallery, if that were the case? If it wasn't communal space, then have those doors there to begin with? And where does it say it's part of the square footage of the apartment?

Both of my hallways have doors on either end but they are still part of my house and not communal space for the neighbors to use.  Well, they had doors.  About 50% of my doors are currently not hung because my general contractor has crappy customer service, but he's my dad so he kind of gets away with it.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It looks like it takes up the entire floor.  It might only be one bedroom and not as grand as some of the crazy shit on MDL, but it seems like it really is the penthouse of that building.  It still is kind of pretentious to call it The Penthouse though.

Does anyone know what street Tom lives on?  Or what the building looks like?  It must be a small building if his tiny apartment takes up a whole floor.  It must be one apartment per floor. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

If they don't have the courage of their convictions, they should examine their decisions.  They acted ashamed of their decisions, and that's on them.   But it's disingenuous to paint them as victims of the evil liberals.  GMAFB.  Nothing like wealthy white women being portrayed as victims of oppression, racism, and discrimination.  LOL.  If it's fair game to criticize who they sleep with, their marriages, their bodies, their parenting, and other deeply personal matters, then nothing should be off the table.  In my own humble opinion, as always.

Yep. We've seen these women get vaginal rejuvenations, be drunk sloppy messes in public, and half the cast has fucked Tom. I'm not buying the sudden private wallflower act. 

So where was LuAnn living before Tom? Was she still in the Hamptons house? 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Does anyone know what street Tom lives on?  Or what the building looks like?  It must be a small building if his tiny apartment takes up a whole floor.  It must be one apartment per floor. 

I don't feel comfortable posting the address but the information is out there, it's on the 20th or 21st floor (the descrption in the original listing says both) and the top floors are smaller than the rest of the building.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lemons said:

Carole wasn't the only one to jump down her throat. What grown woman says "it's not my thing" about voting?  Democracy? No, not my thing, sorry. 

Tinsley did herself no favors with that reveal.  

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I don't feel comfortable posting the address but the information is out there, it's on the 20th or 21st floor (the descrption in the original listing says both) and the top floors are smaller than the rest of the building.

We know Bethanny's address, we know Sonya's, but the rest I'm not sure.  I thought Carole lived in the West Village and now I see it says SoHo.  And Ramona lives in Yorkville?  Suprising, that's the low rent section of the Upper East Side.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Yep. We've seen these women get vaginal rejuvenations, be drunk sloppy messes in public, and half the cast has fucked Tom. I'm not buying the sudden private wallflower act. 

So where was LuAnn living before Tom? Was she still in the Hamptons house? 

With Sonya is what was shown on my television 

1 minute ago, athousandclowns said:

With Sonya is what was shown on my television 

She seems like she prefers living in the city. Why not sell the Hamptons house and buy her own "penthouse?" They could do a Million Dollar Listing crossover if Bethenny will loan her Frederik.

• Love 3
Just now, brillia79 said:

She seems like she prefers living in the city. Why not sell the Hamptons house and buy her own "penthouse?" They could do a Million Dollar Listing crossover if Bethenny will loan her Frederik.

Based on her IG she spends a lot of time in the Hamptons even when she was with Tom. I think Lu probably has the biggest difference between her filming life and the rest of her life because we see her almost exclusively in the city.

• Love 7