Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Jason I am pretty sure said on camera on BEA said, after Brynn was born "Your mom called" or something to that effect and Bethenny was all kind of like ugh I am not exposing Brynn to that toxicity. My rough recollection. 

I am saying that her family, someone, dysfunctional as all fuck as they may be, paid for a very expensive, quality education- that is a HUGE advantage and privilege on this planet. Her father's connections got her a running start in LA, and NY, whether she will admit it or not. I believe she also was in her dad's will but that is post Beam I believe.  That's why I laugh when she puts the falsehood out that she did her it herself. Bethenny is bright, smart, well educated, and connected and the wolves made that so to some degree, I feel like it was to a huge degree. 

Ok, I never watched BEA.   You'd think as narcissitic as she is Bernadette would've mentioned it one time since.   Especially given that she claimed not to have her number.  Hunh, curious.

By this definition, no one whose parents had/have ever contributed to their education can claim to being self made.  

1 minute ago, Normades said:

So sorry if my phrasing triggered something, but if you're trying to compare this with someone who very publicly used that phrase in a very hurtful way that I do not support, that's apples and spaceships and I don't appreciate the comparison.  It's a mother/daughter/granddaughter relationship, so I think Bernadette actually does have a side.  No one would have even known about B reaching out to her step father or her mother if it weren't for drama hungry B herself.  I question those motives.  I don't know enough of the story from Bernadette's perspective.  B likes to control the narrative, as she does with Jason.  Plus, as I've said I don't agree or condone all of Bernadette's behavior and statements nor do I condone B's.  I simply think there are other ways to look at things and I felt Bernadette's wording seemed to be an attempt at self protection.  

My sense of humor is current eventsy/popculturey.   I was kidding, but realize that it doesn't always translate.   

No one would even know isn't really the point.    We were pretending Bernadette wanted a relationship with her granddaughter and my response was, if so, nothing stopped her from doing what Beth did on Bryn's behalf.   

• Love 15

nothing about Luann makes me think that she would have even known much about The Count for a very long time outside of the fact that he was French, rich and probably loved skiing just like her

And he had a title, too! That probably made her even more horny to marry him.

She's not required to speak up with moral outrage because of the opinion of someone else just to prove to other people that she's not racist, prejudice, etc

Even if it's her own husband? What message is she passing off to her kids? Oh, wait, we know what message...

What makes you think she even knew of his dislike for Jews until she actually she began dating a Jewish man?

How long was she married to him? 15 years, give or take? I'd imagine being married to someone for that long, something like that would have come up eventually...

"Mon cher, why is it every time I have a dinner party, you always insist I am not allowed to invite the Goldmans over? Or the Zuckermans? Or the Rosenblatts? Is there a pattern to this I am missing?"

Whatever happened to going high when they go low?

It means you end up getting punched in the crotch, which is usually more painful than getting punched in the face.

And then Carole....has to jump in with: "Don't you think the people who said they don't want to say, voted for Donald Trump?"  Bitch move.  She's that person that would out a gay person who wasn't quite ready to come out.  

That's one heck of a conclusion to catapult over.

HOWEVER, because Jason's biggest problems are that Bethanny isn't giving him his share of the money she made while married, AND that she will not have contact with him and therefore can't talk to her, and those two facts are making him vengeful and ruining her happiness, I would say, given what is happening in real life, it would just be easier to compromise

That isn't compromise, that's giving in to the tantrums of a whining hair of a rhinoceros' ass.

I believe children should be raised in a stable households and parents should do what they have to do in order to provide that for them

Sounds more like Jason is trying to provide more for himself, to keep himself living a lifestyle he got used to while married to Bethanny, more than he is trying to provide for Brynn.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

What kind of a mother would allow these things to be floating around with what appear to be direct quotes if they really didn't say those things? Or if they were taken out of context? 

One that knows it would be futile to speak against the Great and Mighty Skinnygirl machine?  Or maybe one who is entirely comfortable in her convictions about her daughter and instead of bad mouthing her is satisfied to let the cards fall where they may?

“She is a moron,” Bernadette said moments after the news broke that her daughter would be on the ABC show.

So the news broke and a moment later someone called Bernadette to get her reaction?  If it looks like bullshite and smells like bullshite, it's probably bullshite.

• Love 5

What kind of a mother would allow these things to be floating around with what appear to be direct quotes if they really didn't say those things? Or if they were taken out of context? 

A vindictive bitch of a mother?

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

That's not necessarily true.  They may have cared a great deal about their decision but felt it was nobody else's business.   My vote was important to me, I'm happy with how I voted but it's nobody else's business how I voted.  

You're a private citizen, not a public personality working in a genre of tv where every facet of your life is the *subject matter* of the show.

They don't get to lower their dainty skirts around their suddenly oh-so-private ankles.  When you've happily pimped out everything else in return for cash in your tacky knockoff bag, you don't get the assumption of privacy (about anything) that private citizens do.  You don't get to act as if that's just the expected play ("Of course politics is off the table! I will discuss my shell of a marriage under that table - anal sex on top of that table -- and snapping fingers at the help to serve me at that table -- but how I voted? How very dare you, sir!") 

And if you try to play that privacy card, the audience has have every right to snark, speculate and draw conclusions about your willingness to discuss literally everything else under the sun, except how you voted. 

Edited by film noire
grammar, baby!
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, oakville said:

I think Carol should have been more aware of the political situation in the USA. She was very shocked about Trump winning the electoral college. 

In all fairness, it was her, all the Tv pundits and most prognosticators.

6 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I read somewhere can't find that their custody arrangement allowed liberal calling at any time.  I disagree that he would do that intentionally and I think Brynn is old enough to hold the phone.  

Sympathy has a street value to Bethenny. Orphan was part of her brand from the moment she met Jill and got on HW. 

I am with you, I love your posts and insight. Speaking of I'm with her, I have run into the Clintons! I disagree that Jason is combative stalker. 

To me the soundbite about heredity is a perfectly appropriate answer to a reporters prompt of "can you imagine what the health issue might be? Is there anything that runs in your family?" Maybe she was just being a bitch,  maybe the reporter didn't include full context like what happened with Brenda Walsh When she got hooked up smoking cigs with the tabloid journalist on 90210! :-) 

Bethenny has more of a following for her brand to gain from sympathy. 

ITA. I just meant penthouse is accurate I always covet that button I have no business pressing in elevators ! 

Agree 1000% .  Except 1000% disagree on the comment about pot and alcohol that's TOO far.  the last middle apartment line slayed me !! 

With bad lighting and a horrible floor plan!

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, ryebread said:

One that knows it would be futile to speak against the Great and Mighty Skinnygirl machine?  Or maybe one who is entirely comfortable in her convictions about her daughter and instead of bad mouthing her is satisfied to let the cards fall where they may?

So the news broke and a moment later someone called Bernadette to get her reaction?  If it looks like bullshite and smells like bullshite, it's probably bullshite.

That depends on how you define moment.   Shark Tank was announced on May 15th.  Bernadette's comments were made on May 24th.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But it was also evidence of the fact that Lu finds intolerance acceptable. Acceptable enough that she could marry it and procreate. Which means she could also vote for it. For me, the whole thing was just shocking. Perhaps more shocking than anything I've heard a HW say at a reunion (with the exception of everything Teresa G said at every reunion). But it was the way that she talked about it. The Count didn't like Jacque because he was Jewish. Zoom in on the face of Andy - her boss and a Jewish man. She said it like it was no big thing. Like he didn't like McDonalds or something. Like it was perfectly understandable because - as Lu said I believe - The Count was French. She didn't seem to see anything particularly shocking about a person feeling that way, which said a lot. 

I think this comment was misinterpreted.

we don't really know that Luann is an antisemitic bigot.

It is however true that there is a strong antisemitic sentiment among the Count's peer group. Old chichi French aristocracy. It is no secret that many French collaborated willingly with the Nazi.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

That depends on how you define moment.   Shark Tank was announced on May 15th.  Bernadette's comments were made on May 24th.

I'm just quoting what Daily Mail said, “She is a moron,” Bernadette said moments after the news broke that her daughter would be on the ABC show."

TBH, I'm a little nervous about what sources we're siting as reliable 'round here, re:  Bernedette's alleged comments.

As far as I can tell, Bernadette hasn't said a word.  For all we know she's a dried-up recluse that can't string two words together anymore.  Has anyone seen a recent picture of her?  Not that I can find.  And the only hits are from the likes of Daily Mail, Life and Style Magazine, Starcasm, Perez Hilton.

I suppose these quotes from Bernadette are every bit as plausible:

"I love my daughter but what she's saying is killing me," Bernadette reveals in an exclusive interview in this week's issue of Star. She denies Bethenny's assertion that she was a bulimic who was always drinking.
Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/48926597.html#ixzz4qndRt3HW

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Oh, I don't believe that anyone is calling up Bernadette. I think she has them on speed dial. Bethenny just isn't important enough for all of the rags to wonder what her mom thinks about all that goes on in her life 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

unlike Sonja and Ramona,  it's clear that's a private manner for her and unlike Sonja and Ramona she isn't keeping it to herself out of "fear" of backlash. 

I think she's keeping quiet to avoid judgement as well (either from HRC voters, or to keep her faux Palm Beach wannabe Mar a Blotto life alive).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

As far as I can tell, Bernadette hasn't said a word.  For all we know she's a dried-up recluse that can't string two words together anymore.  Has anyone seen a recent picture of her?  Not that I can find.  And the only hits are from the likes of Daily Mail, Life and Style Magazine, Starcasm, Perez Hilton.

Maybe Momma Hoppy, bored with trying to get Poppa Hoppy to put on his pants and stop walking around the house in his underwear when they have guests, uses her time instead to horn up the tabloids pretending to be Bernadette. And Bernadette doesn't mind one little bit. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Ok, I never watched BEA.   You'd think as narcissitic as she is Bernadette would've mentioned it one time since.   Especially given that she claimed not to have her number.  Hunh, curious.

By this definition, no one whose parents had/have ever contributed to their education can claim to being self made.  

My sense of humor is current eventsy/popculturey.   I was kidding, but realize that it doesn't always translate.   

No one would even know isn't really the point.    We were pretending Bernadette wanted a relationship with her granddaughter and my response was, if so, nothing stopped her from doing what Beth did on Bryn's behalf.   

If her biological father was such an asshole, he would have financially disowned her. It is the final fuck you.

so if she truly felt like she was raised by wolves, she should feel free to donate her heritage to the Human Society. 

I know people who were cut off their parent will and it is incredibly painful.

Anyways.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm just quoting what Daily Mail said, “She is a moron,” Bernadette said moments after the news broke that her daughter would be on the ABC show."

TBH, I'm a little nervous about what sources we're siting as reliable 'round here, re:  Bernedette's alleged comments.

This was actually my point.  I've caught Daily Mail in a couple of untruths.  At the very least, they are not to be relied upon.   But ya'll can't have it both ways, if you believe Bernadette has gone to the press claiming she's hurt, then she's also gone to the press being a bitch.    Either way, I wasn't sure what the timing of her comments had to do with her having made them. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think she's keeping quiet to avoid judgement as well (either from HRC voters, or to keep her faux Palm Beach wannabe Mar a Blotto life alive).

Probably.  But her approach is still more palatable to me since she's been mum throughout. At least she's strategic?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe Momma Hoppy, bored with trying to get Poppa Hoppy to put on his pants and stop walking around the house in his underwear when they have guests, uses her time instead to horn up the tabloids pretending to be Bernadette. And Bernadette doesn't mind one little bit. 

That's another (what I suspect) tall tale.  All those camera people, there for a photo shoot with Beth, didn't get one picture of Jason and his dad the whole time they were walking around in their skivvies and eating the crew's lunch?  Shenanigans.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, LIMOM said:

If her biological father was such an asshole, he would have financially disowned her. It is the final fuck you.

so if she truly felt like she was raised by wolves, she should feel free to donate her heritage to the Human Society. 

Anyways.

A bequeathment means he couldn'tve been an asshole?    Her parents, including her stepfather acknowledged the facts of her childhood, I don't understand what we're debating.

11 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I think if you were an admitted alcoholic, by default your recollection is not credible.

• Love 14
Just now, ZaldamoWilder said:

A bequeathment means he couldn'tve been an asshole?    Her parents, including her stepfather acknowledged the facts of her childhood, I don't understand what we're debating.

Her lack of acknowledgement that her parents did what they could and helped her tremendously.

That is what a grown person does.

• Love 6

A bequeathment means he couldn'tve been an asshole?    Her parents, including her stepfather acknowledged the facts of her childhood, I don't understand what we're debating.

I remember the write ups in the LA and racing news at the time.  I just googled and I see the same thing.  He made sure all of the people that worked with him and at the stable were well taken care of, he left his wife money.  It has never been reported that Bethenny got money.  The only mention of Bethenny was that she spoke at the funeral.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Anyways.

Just no. The fact that a person doesn't financially disown you does not mean that they are not an asshole. Again, I am beyond jealous of people that aren't personally aware of these truths. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, LIMOM said:

Her lack of acknowledgement that her parents did what they could and helped her tremendously.

That is what a grown person does.

then we agree on something.  what they could = make her childhood volatile. 

this is just one girl's opinion but clothing, feeding and educating my child is the implicit agreement I signed up for upon deciding to become a parent. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I just want to speak up and say that someone dating a person of another ethnicity or race or religion doesn't shield them from having their biases or being intolerant of others from the same group as their significant other. It's like someone saying that their best friend is Black but then going on to call a predominantly Black neighborhood "sketchy." The ability to disconnect is so very real. So, LuAnn could laugh off her ex-husband's Antisemitism and still be in a relationship with Jacques because maybe she rationalized that he wasn't like "those other Jews."

Funny enough, since Carole made it known who she was backing in the election as well as sharing her views post-election, she gets a lot of crap from Trump-supporting viewers of RHONY tweeting her about her stance. 

Twitter is Twitter, a whole different animal.  And Carole initiates/provokes most of what she gets on Twitter.  Most of her followers are supportive of her, so she gets more support than not.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Just no. The fact that a person doesn't financially disown you does not mean that they are not an asshole. Again, I am beyond jealous of people that aren't personally aware of these truths. 

You feel that way, I feel otherwise. :-)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Also, there is a picture on Bethenny's Twitter from 12/9/2015 of the infamous Walk of Shame post Donald Trump encounter, secret service & all.  I was surprised that he had secret service back then, it started shortly before then. I can't figure out the pic/linking it. 

I loved the Luann shade "I wonder why he is so mad!?" I think it's more than about money, she went after his mom w/the whole trust thing.

I can't embed the tweet but here's the picture she shared...

CVyyhUgU8AA8gex.jpg

• Love 6

Bethenny's combination of parents paid for her boarding school, NYU, her first wedding, and - if I'm recalling correctly - didn't they contribute to her rent for spans of time during the twenty years in which she ostensibly never spoke to them?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, lunastartron said:

Bethenny's combination of parents paid for her boarding school, NYU, her first wedding, and - if I'm recalling correctly - didn't they contribute to her rent for spans of time during the twenty years in which she ostensibly never spoke to them?

and then she was a broke chef, living in a studio walk up handing out cupcakes in whole foods.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

This was actually my point.  I've caught Daily Mail in a couple of untruths.  At the very least, they are not to be relied upon.   But ya'll can't have it both ways, if you believe Bernadette has gone to the press claiming she's hurt, then she's also gone to the press being a bitch.    Either way, I wasn't sure what the timing of her comments had to do with her having made them. 

I don't believe Bernadette has gone to the press AT ALL.  Either way, to slam Beth or to wax poetic about her love for her estranged wolfling.  I think it's all BS.

Wendy Williams would be all over an interview with Bernedette.  And if Bernadette has the tabloids on speed dial, she'd jump at the chance to appear.  But, crickets.  Just badly written stories in unreliable rags. 

C'mon, Andy.  Call Bernadette and invite her to your mother's basement.  You'd think Beth would totally encourage THAT just to prove, once and for all, that her mother is a complete and utter bitch.  #winning

• Love 4
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Sometimes people do "plead the fifth" on topics that are not relevant or, again, because it's nobody else's business.  None of the ladies were obligated to share their political viewpoint or voting strategy with anyone.  

I agree.  

Voters are afforded privacy, which is why we have curtains and cubbie holes to vote in.  It's a question that no one should be asked directly.  It's kind of like asking someone how much they make.  Some people may wear their political beliefs (and wealth) on their sleeves, but no one should be coerced into saying who they voted for.

While I personally think all Americans should exercise their right to vote, I respect someone who doesn't.  If they don't follow politics, why muddy the vote?

• Love 10

Just did the walk of shame straight into @realdonaldtrump #jewelsinaglass #secretservice #zerofuckspic.twitter.com/hNTyro5l2R

So, is the guy in red with the trash can and broom, Secret Service?  Where's Donald?  Who took the picture?  Another Secret Service guy?  So many questions for Bethenny....

• Love 7

So, is the guy in red with the trash can and broom, Secret Service?  Where's Donald?  Who took the picture?  Another Secret Service guy?  So many questions for Bethenny....

This is the photo she reposted.  Originally there were others that she took as selfies when she was walking away.

• Love 1

All those camera people, there for a photo shoot with Beth, didn't get one picture of Jason and his dad the whole time they were walking around in their skivvies and eating the crew's lunch?  Shenanigans.

Maybe some sights are just too gross to be photographed and shared with the world.

I mean, they might have all been too busy trying to keep their breakfast from coming up to snap away...

this is just one girl's opinion but clothing, feeding and educating my child is the implicit agreement I signed up for upon deciding to become a parent. 

Yeah, I'm surprised when people think those are favors a parent graciously bestows on their children.

Walk of Shame

It's a Victory Lap! (TM & © Sonja Morgan).

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Funny enough, since Carole made it known who she was backing in the election as well as sharing her views post-election, she gets a lot of crap from Trump-supporting viewers of RHONY tweeting her about her stance. 

It was Carole's decision to make that part of her storyline.  So yes, she's going to get some flack from it - mostly because of her attitude, IMO.  She made it clear that she had superior knowledge about politics, and the rest of us were just dimwits.  I believe she said that nobody was as informed as she was, or something to that effect.  It wasn't that she voted for HRC, it was her snobbish attitude about the subject.    If she didn't want the backlash, she should've kept her mouth shut, and better yet, get off of social media.  The other ladies were trying to wisely stay out of the political discussion, so I don't think it's fair to expect them to discuss their views on the subject.  It's like any other hot topic.  Unless they bring it up, then I see no need for them to address it.  Just because you're a TV star doesn't mean that you have to make your opinion known on every single issue out there.  They can have privacy on these matters just like the rest of us.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 10

The way Bethenny described her "walk of shame" moment, I sure didn't see her buried in a large wrap sweater, sweatshirt and jeans -- this looks more like a "Walk of Laundry Day".

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Nobody "pleads the fifth" about things they're proud to disclose.

You plead the fifth when you simply don't want to discuss the subject at hand.  I see nothing wrong with that.  I work in a dental office and deal with a lot of people everyday.  They talk about everything!  I've had some questions asked of me over the years that I did not want to discuss.  It wasn't appropriate in that setting.  I usually changed the subject with humor.  These ladies owe nobody an explanation for this particular subject, IMO, since they clearly didn't want to discuss it during the season.  

Instead, they sat there silent, like dogs (or bitches in this case) who know they've done something wrong.

No, it's politely saying that it's not a subject up for discussion.   I wish they would've just said, "No, Andy, I'm not discussing this on air.  End of subject."   YMMV.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I felt comfortable with my choice, but it's not necessarily something I'd shout from the rooftops, lest I be grouped in with the stereotype created from judgements of the actions of some of their supporters.

But you're not making a living pimping your private life to the cameras -- and (I'm assuming this - but who knows? :) your current job description likely doesn't include appearing on a bare-it-all reality tv show which included the 2016 election as a fixture in the season.

If the election hadn't been included, refusing to answer Andy's question would be one thing,  but it was included, so they'll just have to live with whatever fallout comes their way -- like everything else they've done on this show, it's fair game.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

Hey, even Joan Crawford - she of the wire hangers - paid for little Christina to go to college. Many parents provide financial support to their children, but still do vile things to them. 

Good point.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, film noire said:

If the election hadn't been included, refusing to answer Andy's question would be one thing,  but it was included, so they can live with whatever fallout comes their way -- like everything else on this show

The election was Carole's storyline, not theirs.  These women don't show us every aspect of their private life.  Besides, I really don't give a rat's ass about their political choices!  It's not information that I have to know.

• Love 9

Tinsley's excuse of yeah she was drinking cause they were in Mexico on vacation.

Sorry....girl has a problem with the liquor.

It was not only the ladies talking about her alcohol issues.

If she wants to go that route she has to blame the editors and the camera crew too. 95% of the scenes with Tinsley - a drink was in her hand and most times up to her mouth. I can only think of 2 scenes she didn't have a drink in her hand.  Once was at the therapist office where she considered her drinking "situational". The other was walking through 2 apartments with Dale and she liquored up at her mom's place beforehand.

I feel bad for Scott. She's using him

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

The election was Carole's storyline, not theirs.  These women don't show us every aspect of their private life.  Besides, I really don't give a rat's ass about their political choices!  It's not information that I have to know.

All the women are routinely asked to weigh in (during TH's, or at the reunion) on each other's storylines, so it's the same thing/still part of the show -- and I loved Andy asking that question -- good to know Dorinda wasn't lying when she said there were Trump voters in the NYC mix. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

Twitter is Twitter, a whole different animal.  And Carole initiates/provokes most of what she gets on Twitter.  Most of her followers are supportive of her, so she gets more support than not.

Yes.  She asks for it and Ramona and Sonja and all Trump supporters are all victims. 

Seriously though,  I'd prefer not to know any of these women's political beliefs. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, film noire said:

But you're not making a living pimping your private life to the cameras -- and (I'm assuming this - but who knows? :) your current job description likely doesn't include appearing on a bare-it-all reality tv show which included the 2016 election as a fixture in the season.

If the election hadn't been included, refusing to answer Andy's question would be one thing,  but it was included, so they'll just have to live with whatever fallout comes their way -- like everything else they've done on this show, it's fair game.

I kind of got the impression Luann was supporting Sonja and Ramona's decision to keep their vote private.  Luann had pictures on her Instagram in October of 2015 with Bill Clinton, and she was attending Hillary's birthday party.  That would indicate to me she just might be a Hillary supporter.

Carole making the election part of her storyline does not necessarily mean to me that the others have to forego their right to keeping who they voted for private.  It would be the same as someone who has a medical issues not disclosing and being taken to task because Bethenny decided to share her fibroid story.  These are personal rights of privacy issues. 

Bethenny was a supporter of Bernie Sanders or at least was pictured with him attending one of his rallies before Hillary won the nomination.  She also attended a $35,000.00 a plate dinner for Hillary. 

• Love 7
Just now, ShawnaLanne said:

Yes.  She asks for it and Ramona and Sonja and all Trump supporters are all victims. 

Seriously though,  I'd prefer not to know any of these women's political beliefs. 

I'm glad I know where everybody stands (including all the stances on where the housewives stand! :) and I'd love Andy to dump Ramona and Sonja next season-- get in some fresher minds (not necessarily younger,  but fresher).  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

good to know Dorinda wasn't lying when she said there were Trump voters in the NYC mix. 

Respectfully, I don't understand why that bit of information matters.   They're reality show stars.  I don't look to them for their opinion on such matters, especially when someone like Carole talks so condescendingly about her views.   That was the rub for me.  YMMV. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Hey, even Joan Crawford - she of the wire hangers - paid for little Christina to go to college. Many parents provide financial support to their children, but still do vile things to them. 

Mommie Dearest was published after Joan's death and many of those close to the family denounced it as a bald and malicious fabrication (although others expressed their belief in its veracity).

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I kind of got the impression Luann was supporting Sonja and Ramona's decision to keep their vote private.  

I kinda got the impression Luann was sucking up to the crowd in Palm Beach, dahling! ;) But @motorcitymom65 makes a good case for Luann possibly being a Trump voter, given her ease with her husband's anti-semitism.

It would be the same as someone who has a medical issues not disclosing and being taken to task because Bethenny decided to share her fibroid story.  These are personal rights of privacy issues.

They were all asked about Bethenny's health/storyline and answered -- same deal here, for me.

And the way they answered is a big poker tell. Nobody rolled out a defense of privacy - they knew they'd be laughed off the stage with that line - they were hiding it, not acting out of principle, imo.

6 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Respectfully, I don't understand why that bit of information matters. 

Because it means Dorinda wasn't lying, unaware or in denial -- that gives her more credence with me when assessing the dynamic on the show.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

It was Carole's decision to make that part of her storyline.  So yes, she's going to get some flack from it - mostly because of her attitude, IMO.  She made it clear that she had superior knowledge about politics, and the rest of us were just dimwits.  I believe she said that nobody was as informed as she was, or something to that effect.  It wasn't that she voted for HRC, it was her snobbish attitude about the subject.    If she didn't want the backlash, she should've kept her mouth shut, and better yet, get off of social media.  The other ladies were trying to wisely stay out of the political discussion, so I don't think it's fair to expect them to discuss their views on the subject.  It's like any other hot topic.  Unless they bring it up, then I see no need for them to address it.  Just because you're a TV star doesn't mean that you have to make your opinion known on every single issue out there.  They can have privacy on these matters just like the rest of us.  

Again my response was to the idea that LuAnn didn't want to answer the viewer question that Andy read because she was soooo afraid of what Carole fans might say  if they learned she voted for Trump (or didn't vote at all) when that has never stopped LuAnn from engaging, disagreeing with, or going up against Carole before.

I'm pushing back on this narrative that LuAnn would be shook by Carole fans' response when LuAnn ain't never been scared. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, film noire said:

You're a private citizen, not a public personality working in a genre of tv where every facet of your life is the *subject matter* of the show.

They don't get to lower their dainty skirts around their suddenly oh-so-private ankles.  When you've happily pimped out everything else in return for cash in your tacky knockoff bag, you don't get the assumption of privacy (about anything) that private citizens do.  You don't get to act as if that's just the expected play ("Of course politics is off the table! I will discuss my shell of a marriage under that table - anal sex on top of that table -- and snapping fingers at the help to serve me at that table -- but how I voted? How very dare you, sir!") 

And if you try to play that privacy card, the audience has have every right to snark, speculate and draw conclusions about your willingness to discuss literally everything else under the sun, except how you voted. 

Yes, I am a private citizen.  So are the Housewives.  They are on a reality show but they are still private citizens.  And since when did being on a RH of whatever mean absolutely nothing is off limits?   If they were on a show about politics, okay, sure.  But they're not.  Carole chose to make politics her main and only real storyline and Dorinda tagged along.  The others did not.    On the RHOBH, Kim Richards did not want the situation with her son discussed and it was not part of her storyline.  Should she have been raked over the coals for not laying her family issues bare?  I don't think so.  

As far as the anal sex comment, if Sonja wants to discuss that, or Carole wants to discuss that, that's their business.  Luann noticeably did not.  Should we be bashing her now because she didn't weigh in on that topic?   Should one or more of the ladies be considered selfish or uncaring or perhaps lacking in intelligence because they did or did not participate in anal sex?  

Honestly, I don't want to know.  I watch these shows for the real estate, the vacations, the fancy lunches.  I don't need to know who they voted for, just as I don't need to know when they have sex and what kinds of sex they have.   The line really needs to be drawn somewhere, reality show or not. 

50 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I agree.  

Voters are afforded privacy, which is why we have curtains and cubbie holes to vote in.  It's a question that no one should be asked directly.  It's kind of like asking someone how much they make.  Some people may wear their political beliefs (and wealth) on their sleeves, but no one should be coerced into saying who they voted for.

While I personally think all Americans should exercise their right to vote, I respect someone who doesn't.  If they don't follow politics, why muddy the vote?

Amen.  I was born and brought up in the south and it was (and still is, to a degree) considered rude to talk politics, religion, money or sex in mixed company.  Those are all private issues that aren't necessarily anyone else's business. 

And while I personally have always voted in every election since I was legally able, I would rather Tinsley abstain from voting than making a random or uninformed decision.  

30 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Yep.  This is why I had an issue with what she said.  Everyone has the right to vote (or not) for whoever they would like to, for whatever reason.  Part of what's wrong with this country now is that when someone expresses a different opinion, some react like Carole did - - totally offended, think the other person is uninformed and has no desire to have a real discussion as to why this person might be choosing the route they have.  

I had friends (or who I thought were friends) that unfriended me on social media before the election because I wouldn't state what I was going to do on election day.  They were offended because I wouldn't disclose how I would vote.  Others were offended because I wouldn't unfriend friends who made their preference clear . . . and that preference was different from my soon to be un-friends.  It's ridiculous.   Carole was acting like that.  It's childish, it's petty and it's beyond stupid. 

And again, I don't care that Carole has worked in journalism and covered politics.  It doesn't mean she's smarter or better informed.

16 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

You plead the fifth when you simply don't want to discuss the subject at hand.  I see nothing wrong with that.  I work in a dental office and deal with a lot of people everyday.  They talk about everything!  I've had some questions asked of me over the years that I did not want to discuss.  It wasn't appropriate in that setting.  I usually changed the subject with humor.  These ladies owe nobody an explanation for this particular subject, IMO, since they clearly didn't want to discuss it during the season.  

No, it's politely saying that it's not a subject up for discussion.   I wish they would've just said, "No, Andy, I'm not discussing this on air.  End of subject."   YMMV.

Exactly.  I agree with you - - I wish the ladies had simply said what you suggested. 

15 minutes ago, film noire said:

See my response above about private citizens.  And again, the election was included as a fixture for Carole, not the show in general. 

And perhaps the ladies who chose not to answer did so to avoid fallout, not create it by people who are going to be pissed if their answer didn't include their own personal choice of candidate.

7 minutes ago, film noire said:

All the women are routinely asked to weigh in (during TH's, or at the reunion) on each other's storylines, so it's the same thing/still part of the show -- and I loved Andy asking that question -- good to know Dorinda wasn't lying when she said there were Trump voters in the NYC mix. 

So if Sonja's storyline is about her sex life, that gives Andy and the rest of us the right to know about the sex lives of all the other women?  

If Carole's storyline this season was about the election, fine, ask her.  But the others shouldn't be required to answer and if they decline to answer, they shouldn't be raked over the coals for doing so and assumptions made as to why they didn't want to answer, who they voted for, whether they are shitty people, etc. 

5 minutes ago, film noire said:

Because it means Dorinda wasn't lying, unaware or in denial -- that gives her more credence with me when assessing the dynamic on the show.

Ha ha.  Really?  So the politics need to be included to prove or show that Dorinda wasn't lying?  Okay.  

I don't need to assess the dynamic of the show.  I watch it for entertainment purposes only.

2 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Again my response was to the idea that LuAnn didn't want to answer the viewer question that Andy read because she was soooo afraid of what Carole fans might say  if they learned she voted for Trump (or didn't vote at all) when that has never stopped LuAnn from engaging, disagreeing with, or going up against Carole before.

I'm pushing back on this narrative that LuAnn would be shook by Carole fans' response when LuAnn ain't never been scared. 

But who's to say that Luann didn't vote independent or write in?  People are jumping to assumptions on this board that anyone who didn't readily admit they voted for HRC voted for Trump.  That's not necessarily true. 

I agree that Luann has never been scared - - but she's also from a generation where you just did not discuss politics.  I think that's why she refrained from answering.  Besides, no matter how she answered, she would offend/annoy/piss someone off in the current political climate.  

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I was born and brought up in the south and it was (and still is, to a degree) considered rude to talk politics, religion, money or sex in mixed company.  Those are all private issues that aren't necessarily anyone else's business. 

All of which have been routinely discussed on this show -- from the validity of Jules' Jewishness,  to people's sex lives to financial difficulties to the 2016 election - I'm not sure why only one of those topics is considered off limits by you.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10