Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I'm pushing back on this narrative that LuAnn would be shook by Carole fans' response when LuAnn ain't never been scared. 

I didn't say she'd be "shook" or scared.  She probably didn't want the additional crap in additional to the never ending "Tom did this, and Tom did that" accusations (which, albeit, were true.) 

But who's to say that Luann didn't vote independent or write in?  People are jumping to assumptions on this board that anyone who didn't readily admit they voted for HRC voted for Trump.  That's not necessarily true. 

So true.  No offense to Bernie supporters, but I haven't met one person who's owned up to that.  However, I did see a few of his bumper stickers around town.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, film noire said:

All of which have been routinely discussed on this show -- from the validity of Jules' Jewishness,  to people's sex lives to financial difficulties to the 2016 election - I'm not sure why only one of those topics is considered off limits by you.

Because Jules made the decision to include her religion, her choice.  No one demanded that she talk about her religion, nor did she get backlash for doing so. 

As I said, I personally don't need to know about the ladies' sex lives.  And the election was Carole's storyline, no one else's so no one else should be expected to discuss it if they don't choose to. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Mommie Dearest was published after Joan's death and many of those close to the family denounced it as a bald and malicious fabrication (although others expressed their belief in its veracity).

I know. Always happens. You can also find some friends and family of OJ who think he was really searching for the real killer. 

• Love 23
25 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

but she's also from a generation where you just did not discuss politics.  I think that's why she refrained from answering.  Besides, no matter how she answered, she would offend/annoy/piss someone off in the current political climate.  

Luann is part of the Obama generation -- which started marching as teens and college students against apartheid/South African divestment of universities in the early eighties and then marched for choice /justices on the court and then marched against Dubya, etc, etc -- she came of political age in the 1980s, not the 1880s ;)

Edited by film noire
betty draper is off topic!
  • Love 17
16 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Because Jules made the decision to include her religion, her choice.  No one demanded that she talk about her religion, nor did she get backlash for doing so. 

Yes, being Jewish was part of Jules's storyline -- which *Bethenny* weighed in on, because that's how the show works -- even if it's not your direct storyline, it becomes part of the show's overall storyline and everybody weighs in.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, film noire said:

I'm glad I know where everybody stands (including all the stances on where the housewives stand! :) and I'd love Andy to dump Ramona and Sonja next season-- get in some fresher minds (not necessarily younger,  but fresher).  

I'm getting tired of the same old craziness from certain of the OG's: Ramona and Vicki being on the top of that list. So far none of the political views of any of the women surprised me except maybe Dorinda,  she has some questionable views on same sex sex. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

People are keeping the talk to the show, so I don't see any impending danger of thread lock.

I think she meant anal for women (which is itself odd, b/c forty percent of women have tried it at least once) but not as a sexual practice for gay men (if I'm reading you right as to which incident bothered you?:)

Yup.  That was it.  I must have misheard the conversation or it sounded like all anal maybe? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yup.  That was it.  I must have misheard the conversation or it sounded like all anal maybe? 

I thought she said (near the end of that rant) something like she meant it for women, not for gay men.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

I must have misheard the conversation or it sounded like all anal maybe? 

I'm hoping that the HO's will put the "anal" talk behind them (pun intended.)  Carole seems to be the one who likes to bring it up.  That and butt plugs.  It's like she's trying to be the cool girl in high school who brags about doing all the stuff with guys that most girls would clutch their pearls over.  It's not shocking.  At least not in this day and age! So Carole, we get it.  Anal seems to be your thing.  Good for you, but please don't bring it up again.  

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, BBHN said:

She only brought it up like 3 times.

Three times too many, IMO, especially at the dinner table around the male chef and the other guys.   Again, I'm not shocked, but I hate it when other people try to be shocking when what they're doing is lame. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I'm hoping that the HO's will put the "anal" talk behind them (pun intended.)  Carole seems to be the one who likes to bring it up.  That and butt plugs.  It's like she's trying to be the cool girl in high school who brags about doing all the stuff with guys that most girls would clutch their pearls over.  It's not shocking.  At least not in this day and age! So Carole, we get it.  Anal seems to be your thing.  Good for you, but please don't bring it up again.  

I DO NOT care who had anal sex and agree that we don't need to hear about it ever again!  If they want to give us details of something, how about the real story of Scary Island, did the Count and Countess have an open marriage or not and did Mario cheat the entire 17/20/22 year marriage. 

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, film noire said:

All of which have been routinely discussed on this show -- from the validity of Jules' Jewishness,  to people's sex lives to financial difficulties to the 2016 election - I'm not sure why only one of those topics is considered off limits by you.

I don't mean to speak for Psychoticstate, but I think they're referring more to, if they don't want to discuss something, they shouldn't be forced or expected to.  It works for Beth and her personal life.  

If they had specifically planned the taping of the show to coincide with the election, I'd agree with you, but I don't think that was the case.  I think they should be allowed some level of privacy, God knows they willingly share WAY too much other stuff (If they show 1 more coochie waxing or vaginal rejuvination,...)

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Three times too many, IMO, especially at the dinner table around the male chef and the other guys.   Again, I'm not shocked, but I hate it when other people try to be shocking when what they're doing is lame. 

Yes, anal sex just isn't as provocative as it used to be!  Move on!!!!   

My teenage niece kept trying to shock me with her sexual orientation by making frequent comments which became annoying and lame.  I finally told her that "Lesbianism just isn't that provocative anymore." 

She just looked at me but got my point and flitted off to snapbook/instachat/facegram.      

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 5

Bernadette has been quoted saying unkind things about her daughter plenty of times. It defies common sense that every one of them is a "misquote". 

I know there are mothers here -- can any one of you imagine speaking like that to the press about your only child? I sure can't.

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, film noire said:

I thought she said (near the end of that rant) something like she meant it for women, not for gay men.

If memory serves, it sounded like she kind of caught herself in the middle of her rant. Her total and complete disgust that such a body part would be used in such a way. That this is not what was intended to happen to that particular orifice was what she was saying. And then I think she realized how that would sound. Because to some it would sound like that. Many, many people slur homosexuals because that "type" of sex is unnatural and therefore allows their homophobia to be justified. I've never seen or heard anything that Dorinda has said that is homophobic, but it could come across like that if a person were searching for something. I think she caught that at the end. 

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Her exact word to describe herself at the reunion regarding her knowledge was "expert". 

This.  The political views of the people on my friends list is all over the place.  But it's mostly a rational bunch. I only unfriended two people through this whole election season due to one of them saying that if you voted for Hillary, you were condoning the rape of women because Bill Clinton is a rapist and Hillary was complicit...and the other who said that if you voted for Trump, you were a Nazi.  LOL.  Not funny, but so stupid I had to laugh.  And then I went clickity click on the 'BLOCK' button.  Got no time for bigots.  I don't know if Carole has gone that far but her Twitter posts point to Oh, yes, she has.

I will give her credit for not wearing a pussy hat or otherwise dressing as a vagina to the Women's March.  The clip they showed on the reunion from the march, she was wearing a USA toque.  I think I had read, here, that she'd donned the pink. 

But see, even Carole made an air quote motion when she used the word "expert," which told me she couldn't come up with a different word in the moment. 

(Cue: Carole is a writer. Shouldn't she have all the right vocabulary all the time in the exact moment she's engaging in conversation lol.)

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Jel said:

Bernadette has been quoted saying unkind things about her daughter plenty of times. It defies common sense that every one of them is a "misquote". 

I know there are mothers here -- can any one of you imagine speaking like that to the press about your only child? I sure can't.

No. No mother can ever imagine it. I have heard mothers talk about children who were on death row with more love and compassion. 

• Love 16
51 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't mean to speak for Psychoticstate, but I think they're referring more to, if they don't want to discuss something, they shouldn't be forced or expected to.  It works for Beth and her personal life.  

If they had specifically planned the taping of the show to coincide with the election, I'd agree with you, but I don't think that was the case.  I think they should be allowed some level of privacy, God knows they willingly share WAY too much other stuff (If they show 1 more coochie waxing or vaginal rejuvination,...)

EXACTLY.  Thank you, @SweetieDarling

• Love 3
8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I did the same thing after my nephew, about the same age, went on a birthday sleepover and the parents took the boys to the local ice cream store.  My nephew knew the parents were drunk and driving so he found a nice mom and her kids and asked to use her phone to call his own parents.  After that we all got our kids Fireflys and the rule was if you were grounded from your phone you could not leave the house as the phone was now a safety necessity.  Worked like a charm.

How does an 8 year old identify a drunk adult?  

1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Who said she was trying to be shocking? It's just sex talk. Nothing to grab pearls over.

The way she said "Butt plugs....don't knock it 'til you tried it."  Again, it's like she's trying to be the cool one in the group, sexually speaking.  I think she likes the reaction she gets from the other ladies when she blurts out things like that.   It's just the way I interpreted it.  YMMV.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Respectfully, I don't understand why that bit of information matters.   They're reality show stars.  I don't look to them for their opinion on such matters, especially when someone like Carole talks so condescendingly about her views.   That was the rub for me.  YMMV. 

Yeah, I was going to post the same thought.???  As far as these ladies sharing all the stuff they do share on this show, i.e. their marriage status, shopping habits, doctor visits, drinking routines, it's all for entertainment value.  I would venture to even say that some of it is faked.  I'm not getting entertained by knowing how they voted.  Could care less about that.  I'm looking for escapism when watching these "reality shows".

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

What do you mean?  Since he is not around drunk adults I am guessing the slurred speech, inability to walk straight, car swerving, cramming more kids than seat belts into car,smell and/or view of the alcohol........

Odd question.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

The part of Bethenny's story that is inaccurate is that she has parents and that she attained her success  all by herself from nothing.

Actually, Bernadette is the first one who reached out to Bethenny demonstrating willingness to put down the knife in order to facilitate it, speaking to Jason and Mrs. Hoppy at Brynn's birth. Beth declined the offer. I am sure that stung Bernadette the way Bethenny feels stung in the way she described in Reunion 2.

Kids don't owe their toxic parents reconcilliation on demand. Or ever. That reaching out is often just more manipulation.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

huh? 

48 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

What do you mean?  Since he is not around drunk adults I am guessing the slurred speech, inability to walk straight, car swerving, cramming more kids than seat belts into car,smell and/or view of the alcohol........

Odd question.

You beat me to it. Yep, not hard to understand how an 8 year old can recognize such a thing. Especially if it is that kids reality. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Odd question.

Ok, I didn't know they were acting like caricatures of drunk people. You have to be really drunk to be literally staggering, swerving and inarticulate.  if they were that drunk, hopefully an adult got involved  

I didn't think kids noticed the subtle differences in adults when they have had a couple of drinks. Some kids are more in tune, and as motor city said, it's some kids reality. But yeah, if they were staggering, slurring, swerving, everyone would notice. 

On 8/24/2017 at 1:13 AM, DelicateDee said:

Not interesting  at All!  I believe it's nobody's business who you vote for.  Of course Carole wants to jump all on Tinsley for not voting, but if she did vote, and voted for Trump, Carole would still give her crap over it.  As I said earlier in the season, they need to keep the politics out of these shows.  We get enough conflict and drama without adding politics into it.  

I don't think it's a matter of putting politics in or keeping them out. The last presidential election was a historical one and it affected Carol and some of the other women so they discussed it.  It's a reality show and we saw their reality at the time whether or not we were entertained or interested by it.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:04 AM, bichonblitz said:

Exactly. I thought it interesting that Bethenny said she wasn't thrilled with any of the choices. Sounds like she wasn't too excited about voting for Hillary. I give her credit for saying that. 

I felt the same way and many people I know felt the same way which is why they didn't vote.  I agree with Bethany - it's better to choose the lesser of two evils.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:44 AM, Mozelle said:

There's an impression here that if someone is in an open relationship--or, more specifically, if a woman is in an open relationship with a man--that somehow the guy is getting more out of it than she is. Or maybe it's because the topic is Carole? As you noted earlier in your comment, LuAnn was in an open marriage with the Count, and there's not nearly the level of supposed concern about whether LuAnn was simply content to be the Count's when-he's-in-town wife. There also doesn't seem to be the same level of supposed concern about whether LuAnn used condoms while in her open marriage with the Count or while she was in whatever that was with Tom, who most certainly was never discreet.  

Luann said on the show before that she did not want to be in an open marriage.

On 8/24/2017 at 10:04 AM, JD5166 said:

Carole must be a really good parent because she is so wise about how Beth is raising Brynn....oh wait! I wish she'd STFU, flying monkey indeed. Poor Beth.... so much torture.  <roll eyes> 

One doesn't have to be a parent to know what good parenting is. If a person is raised by his or her parents then we know what worked and what didn't work in our upbringings.

On 8/24/2017 at 0:13 PM, Normades said:

I don't think being a mother makes you immune to pain, quite the opposite (I'm a mom, too).  I think B has said much more hurtful things about her mother publicly and on a regular basis.  If her mother felt (rightly or wrongly) that she was being used as fodder for a show or set up just to have the rug pulled out from under her again, I can see why she tried to be unattached in her words.  It's interesting how we can both see the same thing differently.

I think the onus is always on a parent to be the bigger person. The fact that Bethany's mother has spoken so negatively about her several times to the Press sort of proves what a bad mother she was. If she was a great, good, or even decent mother, it defies all logic that Bethany would have characterized her childhood as being raised by wolves and that she would not have a relationship with her mother.  Parents raise the children not the other way around. Children are a direct reflection of the people who raised them.

19 hours ago, jumper sage said:

10 hours ago, ryebread said:

Exactly.  I'm not fully buying what the tabloids are saying Bernadette said.  Fake news!

But most of those millions don't call themselves experts. In her own words the other night, she said she covered politics, elections. She spent "a lot of time on the Hill" interviewing congressmen and senators.  She said she was an "expert".  About 2 weeks before the election, a guy I know who didn't want to vote at all due to the choices, called it for Trump.  He's nowhere near an expert but he paid attention and he outlined for us why he thought Trump was going to win. In a room full of liberals, you can imagine how that went over.  I think Carole was so wrapped up in what she 'thinks' she knows and didn't consider the silent majority.  In her 15 years covering politics, had she never heard of a silent majority before?  Even after all that time on the Hill?  Hell, three of them were sitting right there on Andy's couch. 

There is no way that major online and physical Publications would risk lawsuits by falsely quoting anybody. There are quotes from Bethany's mother in various media Outlets disparaging her.

Regarding Carole's inability to predict the outcome of the election, there was not a silent majority. More people in this country voted for Hillary than Donald - millions more.

7 hours ago, ryebread said:

Is there video of Bernadette saying all these nasty things? Or are we relying on what Bethenny and Radar Online is telling us?  I need unedited video to believe almost anything any more.  Sigh.

There are quotes from Bernadette.

I'm on a phone and can't type below the two quotes below so I'll post my responses here.  Unless a celebrity is involved in a heinous crime, I can't recall any other instance of someone's non-famous relative being invited on talk shows to discuss/bash them.

You ask why does that bit of information matter, but why does any of it matter? Different things are interesting and matter to different people.

5 hours ago, ryebread said:

I don't believe Bernadette has gone to the press AT ALL.  Either way, to slam Beth or to wax poetic about her love for her estranged wolfling.  I think it's all BS.

Wendy Williams would be all over an interview with Bernedette.  And if Bernadette has the tabloids on speed dial, she'd jump at the chance to appear.  But, crickets.  Just badly written stories in unreliable rags. 

C'mon, Andy.  Call Bernadette and invite her to your mother's basement.  You'd think Beth would totally encourage THAT just to prove, once and for all, that her mother is a complete and utter bitch.  #winning

4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Respectfully, I don't understand why that bit of information matters.   They're reality show stars.  I don't look to them for their opinion on such matters, especially when someone like Carole talks so condescendingly about her views.   That was the rub

for me.  YMMV

Edited by Talented Tenth
  • Love 12

Unless Bryn failed first grade, I think Bethenny misspoke when she said Bryn was a first grader, I believe she was a first grader at the beginning of the season and is now entering second grade.

I was amused when Bethenny defined what she liked about Dennis, he is the smartest man she ever met and he is tall. SInce when is tall a skill set?  I don't know who all Bethenny has met or who she has engaged in conversation but certainly Dennis being the smartest man she ever met is a compliment.  I found it interesting, she demanded he change.  Bethenny and Luann are such polar opposites, Bethenny is all about having her own life and her man just filling in the blanks in her schedule, when she is not working or with her daughter.  Luann liked the companionship and apparently the lifestyle.  It felt like Bethenny wanted to be "won".  "Dennis was afraid of losing me."  If he wanted me he had to make changes.  I give it a year.  I have no idea what a lifestyle versus a life means and I don't think Bethenny knows what she is talking about but it sounds good?

I got a little bored when Bethenny decided after, Dorinda, referred to Tom's penthouse, that she needed to chew Luann out about using the term.  Tom lives in a penthouse.  Bethenny the realtor if given the listing would call it a penthouse.  I get the impression Bethenny doesn't realize how often she mentions her wealth and accomplishments and how she compares herself to others.  Bethenny doesn't like it when others talk about how she should speak but it is okay for her to repeatedly take Luann to the woodshed for her references. 

Enough of the high drama over your relationship with Jason.  At the time of filming the Reunion pursuant to a court order he has had no contact with you for six months.  Get over it.  Jason needs to realize, that three million dollars in legal fees buys you a court order that shields you from having to have contact with your child's father.  Done deal for Jason.  I do not believe for one second waterworks Bethenny has never let Bryn hear her say a disparaging word about Jason.  In five years or three years -it makes no difference, there is a significant record about all the negative things Bethenny has said about Jason and her torture.     

So many comments about Bethenny but damn this has become the Bethenny Reunion.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, ryebread said:

Agreed.  However, look at the flack they're taking by not saying anything at all. LOL.  I'm convinced Lu voted for HRC but she's being called names all over the net and completely written off because it's being ASSumed she voted for Trump.  Beth had the right idea by keeping her mouth shut.  She's got a business to protect.  Businesses and reputations, friendships and families are being wrecked by people using broad, broad brush strokes. 

But Bethenny answered the viewer's question, and said she voted for Hillary Clinton.

• Love 9

Gosh.  Once again, I can't say it enough that there are two sides to every story.  Beth decided to go public about her version of her childhood.  At the time, she was estranged from both of them.  We don't know the whole history of the relationships.  Only Beth's side.  Beth talks about never having a birthday party.  Her mother produces pictures.  Beth talks about being raised by wolves but then she talks about summers in Saratoga.  Beth uses hyperbole in just every aspect of her life.  Sorry but from what I've read Beth is one entitled person.  Yep, her emotions with her parents and stepfather go deep but I don't think it's all about Beth's torture.  I think a lot of it comes from a place of a narcissistic person.

And no, a parent isn't required to pay for their child's education.  In other words, a child is required to go to school for 12 years and is provided free education as required by law.  A parent is not required to pay for their child's college education.  Beth's college education was paid for but then she decided to be a nanny to the Hilton kids because her plan was to become an actress.  Should her parents have financially supported her during this?  Then she decided she wanted to be a chef.    Rumor was that Bobby was helping  her out with the apartment in NYC.

As for Bryn wanting to see her grandmother....shut up Beth.   Beth just says things to keep her famewhoring alive.  Maybe her mother knows this more than anyone.

On another note:  No one should have to feel pressured into stating who they voted for.  It's a private matter.  Ro probably voted for Trump if she voted at all and I have doubts that either Lu or So voted at all.  If Lu is even registered, it probably would have been where her home is located and I don't think So could be bothered if she couldn't have her assistant do it for her.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Unless Bryn failed first grade, I think Bethenny misspoke when she said Bryn was a first grader, I believe she was a first grader at the beginning of the season and is now entering second grade.

A lot of parents get confused.  Once a child has completed a grade they are called the-next-grader.  When was the reunion filmed?

• Love 1

I was amused when Bethenny defined what she liked about Dennis, he is the smartest man she ever met and he is tall. SInce when is tall a skill set?  I don't know who all Bethenny has met or who she has engaged in conversation but certainly Dennis being the smartest man she ever met is a compliment.  I found it interesting, she demanded he change.  Bethenny and Luann are such polar opposites, Bethenny is all about having her own life and her man just filling in the blanks in her schedule, when she is not working or with her daughter.  Luann liked the companionship and apparently the lifestyle.  It felt like Bethenny wanted to be "won".  "Dennis was afraid of losing me."  If he wanted me he had to make changes.  I give it a year.  I have no idea what a lifestyle versus a life means and I don't think Bethenny knows what she is talking about but it sounds good?

I got a little bored when Bethenny decided after, Dorinda, referred to Tom's penthouse, that she needed to chew Luann out about using the term.  Tom lives in a penthouse.  Bethenny the realtor if given the listing would call it a penthouse.  I get the impression Bethenny doesn't realize how often she mentions her wealth and accomplishments and how she compares herself to others.  Bethenny doesn't like it when others talk about how she should speak but it is okay for her to repeatedly take Luann to the woodshed for her references. 

Enough of the high drama over your relationship with Jason.  At the time of filming the Reunion pursuant to a court order he has had no contact with you for six months.  Get over it.  Jason needs to realize, that three million dollars in legal fees buys you a court order that shields you from having to have contact with your child's father.  Done deal for Jason.  I do not believe for one second waterworks Bethenny has never let Bryn hear her say a disparaging word about Jason.  In five years or three years -it makes no difference, there is a significant record about all the negative things Bethenny has said about Jason and her torture.     

I think the interesting part of Beth demanding that Dennis change is that if Dennis does change per what Beth wants (aka she conquers him), Beth will lose interest.   Sure.  Beth wants control but what she really wants is a partner who is just as strong and successful as she is.  That's what will keep her interested in the long run.  She 'may' settle but she won't be happy.  She needs a man who doesn't 'need' her financially or emotionally.  I don't think Dennis is that guy.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't mean to speak for Psychoticstate, but I think they're referring more to, if they don't want to discuss something, they shouldn't be forced or expected to. 

People expected Luann to answer questions about her marriage...but not her vote? People expected Ramona to answer questions about what life is like on her home planet Epsilon 12 (the water bed trigger is revealed!)  but not her vote?

The election was part of the show's season, it's part of the reunion.

And if they don't want to answer, they deserve the same snark & speculation heaped on them for refusing to divulge on other topics (which is about 70 percent of the discussion on this board ;)

7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

No. No mother can ever imagine it. I have heard mothers talk about children who were on death row with more love and compassion. 

Narc mothers say shit like that all the time in public, unfortunately -- Bern is a narc, and Bethenny is a narc -- here's hoping Bryn (with a mother in therapy) escapes that particular matrilineal curse.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

This is probably why the opinion wasn't well received - because Bethenny was portrayed as a bad mom harming her child because she wouldn't give away what she earned. Why isn't Jason being called into question for dragging out the proceedings just because his pockets weren't full enough? It's not like he was walking away penniless from the divorce. A man gives his daughter a ponytail and he's the most loving attentive father ever while no matter what a woman does, she'll get criticism for either not being a good mother or for not being an independent woman who can stand on her own two feet so that's why she stays at home and takes care of the kids because she's not allowed/able to do anything else. It may be 2017, but you can't escape archaic opinion.

Here is also where I have an issue with the previous poster's opinion...  Why is it that Bethenny has to put up with abusive behavior just to get him to stop?  Hoppy is responsible for his actions. If he wants to be mad, fine. Be mad. But you don't go around harassing via email, shouting threats in front of your child's school, etc. Bethenny shouldn't be the one giving in because that just perpetuates Hoppy's behavior. He won't magically stop. Instead, he will keep up the behavior to get something else. It is like when people are being blackmailed. They pay the terms of the blackmail but it doesn't go away. Instead, the blackmailer comes back wanting MORE money.  

As for everything else going on in this thread...  Geez louise. 

1) Carole has gotten it from Trump supporters on Twitter. People (in general, not specific to this board) are very quick to say that one side always attacks the others when it is actually both sides perpetuating it. Hence my previous post about both sides need to learn to discuss civilly and stop just shouting at each other. 

2) Let's not attack Bethenny by way of making assumptions or allegations about Bryn.  It is just low class and I would like to think we are all above that. You can not like Bethenny without dragging Bryn into it. 

3) Lu and her problematic history. She does have a history of being demeaning towards the "help". She has a history of being tolerant of intolerance which is just as dangerous, if not more so, than actually being intolerant. People need to start identifying racist behavior and calling it out rather than going, "Well, it doesn't directly impact me so I'm just gonna ignore it."

4) More people voted for HRC than for Trump.  I can't believe we are still having this disagreement. He won the electoral college. He did not win the popular vote. 

5) Bernidette's behavior has been inexcusable and there is no reason why Bethenny should put up with it. We made the painful decision to cut my husband's parents out of a relationship with us after 5 years of emotional abuse from them. We thawed a bit after we had our daughter and they were allowed supervised visits with her twice during the first year of her life. They would generally get 2 visits a year with her until we moved overseas but they have never been allowed to be alone with her. It is our job as her parents to make the decisions as to what is best. We decided that being around grandparents who showed that they would always put down their son was not healthy. We wanted her to know that we would always love her and never think that we would talk about her the way her grandparents talk about their son. That's our prerogative as her parents. 

6 hours ago, Lemons said:

I just asked my husband this. He thinks he was 7 or 8 when he could identify when his parents were drunk. His parents were alcoholics so he was able to tell at an early age when they were hammered. 

• Love 24

The way she said "Butt plugs....don't knock it 'til you tried it."  Again, it's like she's trying to be the cool one in the group, sexually speaking.  I think she likes the reaction she gets from the other ladies when she blurts out things like that.   It's just the way I interpreted it.  YMMV.   

Nah, it sounds like she is just having sex talk with the other HWs. If she was really trying to be the shocking one, she would be talking about it every other episode. Which, she hasn't. At least that the way I interpreted it. YMMV indeed.

It felt like Bethenny wanted to be "won"

I didn't see that at all.

I have no idea what a lifestyle versus a life means and I don't think Bethenny knows what she is talking about but it sounds good?

It made sense to me. Luann wanted the idea of Tom more than she wanted Tom himself. He was a checklist to her, not a person.

I get the impression Bethenny doesn't realize how often she mentions her wealth and accomplishments

Does she now?

Enough of the high drama over your relationship with Jason.  At the time of filming the Reunion pursuant to a court order he has had no contact with you for six months.  Get over it.

There is still ongoing legal proceedings involving Jason stalking and harassing her. What does she need to get over? She'll be over it when the issue has been resolved.

As for Bryn wanting to see her grandmother....shut up Beth.   Beth just says things to keep her famewhoring alive.  Maybe her mother knows this more than anyone.

Nah, we've seen quotes from Bernadette, this has nothing to with Bethenny famewhoring.

She 'may' settle but she won't be happy. 

Settling is what happened with Luann and Tom, and we all saw how well that worked out (assuming it wasn't done just for the storyline).

Bethenny shouldn't be the one giving in because that just perpetuates Hoppy's behavior. He won't magically stop. Instead, he will keep up the behavior to get something else

Yeah...he'll keep trying to extort more money from her that he isn't entitled to lol

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Lemons said:

I didn't think kids noticed the subtle differences in adults when they have had a couple of drinks. 

What's 'subtle' to an adult eye often looks very odd to kids.

eta {Hunter Hunted}

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
On 8/24/2017 at 9:14 PM, mothmonsterman said:

Luann not saying (but letting it be known loud and clear) who she voted for is the final nail in her coffin for me.  This, as well as her comment about her ex being upset that she was dating someone Jewish (back when she was with Jacque).

I believe Frenchie isn't an actor.  I also believe he is using Sonja for a place to stay and a touch of fame.  She should be embarrassed by the fact she slipped up and said that the reason she liked him moving in with her is because it would give him a reason to come back.  WTF?  

I am so glad Bethany shut down Ramona asking about her relationship.  That is how Ramona gets people, she acts like an actual caring human for a bit to hide her heinous self.  She is a monster, I am surprised no one has punched her lights out.  I watched a few old seasons lately and the way she gets about a foot away from someone's face to say something with the crazy-ass eyes is a punishable offense to me. 

I swear Ramona and Sonja's are totally out of touch and entitled.  I hate them so much.  

Tinsley also sealed her fate with me when she said she didn't vote and it wasn't her thing.  Being a part of the decision in the country you live in isn't your thing?  The laws and changes that are made by the president don't matter to you?  GTFO.  I took a long, hard look at her and she is totally out of place with these women.  Her totally awful, too young, too frilly clothes, her out-dated extensions, the too blonde fried hair, the way she talks (like an extra out of the movie "Clueless")-she is totally weak and I am not shocked she attached herself to her new guy and is waiting to move into a place with him before she dares live on her damned own and stand on her own two feet.  I don't like a lot of these women, but Tinsely is a disgrace to these women, she is weak, old-fashioned, non-stylish, and inarticulate-she doesn't embody a New York woman one damned bit.  

And Tinsley, no matter what the fuck happened the night you went over to your ex's house and got arrested, that fucking night you were not a victim.  You fucked up and got arrested--there should be no pity party for you. Isn't there rumors you attacked him, too?  Sounds to me like you are both pieces of shit.  

Wow, I couldn't agree more about Tinz.  She really, really turned me off, saying politics wasn't her thing & that's why she didn't vote.  Idk, to admit that you didn't vote on national TV?  She came off like the airhead she is.  Uh, and why the fuck should we care about this airhead?  

Look, I'm not thrilled with Carole & her claims of being an "expert".  She pisses me off with those claims.  In her way, Carole can be every bit as ridiculous & pretentious & condescending as Lu EVER has been.  And yet, I admire & respect Carole's passion for politics.  BUT it doesn't make her a better person for having that passion.  Fuck her for acting like she's superior to the rest of the mere mortals who don't share this passion.

Now back to Tinz.  I'm not bothered one bit that politics is not her thing.  Fine & dandy, hun.  But to say on national TV how you didn't vote, & to look at the cam, shrugging so indifferently?  That just really turned me off.  And it speaks volumes about Tinz.  It's what I've said all season about her.  She's checked out of life.  She avoids responsibility by living in a hotel -- something most people with money (here in the city) would NEVER think of doing on a long term basis, unless they're old or sick.  That fucking weird-as-shit hair, with the horrible neon yellow color & dated/awful style, which she surely spends thousands of dollars & hours to maintain, makes me seriously question her mental health.

Why was Bethenny still taking digs at Lu?  First with the penthouse silliness & then saying something about who Tom was "playing around with" -- which came out of nowhere & was completely unrelated to what she was discussing.  Digs, digs, digs.  Oh, I'm not saying I mind, cuz I can't stand Lu & I've always been annoyed by her ridiculous pretentiousness.  Yup, I'm fine with Bethenny pointing out Lu's phony-baloney crapola.  But these were digs relating to Tom & it was really mean.  Sigh, just when I'm liking Bethenny again, wouldn't you know her inherent meanness pops it's ugly head right out?

I wish she'd avoid talking about Jason.  By now, I tune out anything related to him, I'm so not interested.  I've heard all I ever want to hear for the rest of my life about that guy.

I noticed there were comments about the previous few eps, on how good Bethenny looked.  Meh, I mostly ignored those.  She looked the same to me.  Still hard, hard, hard.  Descriptions of her being "pretty" made me burst out laughing, it seemed so completely impossible to imagine her hardness being described this way.  And yet, at the reunion, her hair & makeup people achieved what I thought was impossible.. They actually managed to soften & tame her exceptional hardness.  Seriously, they deserve an Emmy for this achievement.  Maybe they could achieve the same miracle makeover on Tinz.  Man, she needs it desperately.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

A lot of parents get confused.  Once a child has completed a grade they are called the-next-grader.  When was the reunion filmed?

Middle of July.  So I would think the child would have finished the school year. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, film noire said:

People expected Luann to answer questions about her marriage...but not her vote?

LuAnn's storyline was her relationship and subsequent marriage to Tom.  She broadcast that loud and clear!  She didn't discuss her views on politics.  Why start at the reunion?  If she had wanted that known, she would've discussed it during the season.  Just because Andy asked her who she voted for, it doesn't mean she has to answer.  It was pretty clear that she was steering clear of the political debate during the season. 

• Love 7

For someone who claims to have her child's best interest at heart, and who should not be discussing her relationship with Jason publicly, Bethenny sure does bring the situation with Jason up a lot. Complete with tears, quivering voice and dramatic gestures, in case anyone misses the point. If Bethenny fears going too far, her sycophant Carole is standing by to be more specific and say what Bethenny legally cannot. I mean, does anyone doubt that Bethenny is talking about Jason during these rehearsed and strategic soliloquies? Why doesn't the judge shut her down?

Tinsley is desperately leaping from one wealthy man to the next with no time to grow up. She's an everlasting child bride. I will give her credit for good manners.

I stopped watching this series long ago, but returned because of Dorinda, who is reality TV gold. The rest of them are shallow idiots. Although Luanne's long leg rising up out of the foliage during her drunken escapade in Mexico was hilarious.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 12

Middle of July.  So I would think the child would have finished the school year. 

Depends on Bethenny's need in the moment for level of stretching and hyperbole. I forget the context where she mentioned Brynn was a 1st grader but if Bethenny needed her to sound young she would have said first grader. If the example required Brynn to sound old she would have used second grader. Lost at sea. Doesn't have parents. Luann fucks everyone.  Etc. Same old same old. 

32 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

For someone who claims to have her child's best interest at heart, and who should not be discussing her relationship with Jason publicly, Bethenny sure does bring the situation with Jason up a lot. Complete with tears, quivering voice and dramatic gestures, in case anyone misses the point. If Bethenny fears going too far, her sycophant Carole is standing by to be more specific and say what Bethenny legally cannot. I mean, does anyone doubt that Bethenny is talking about Jason during these rehearsed and

Luanne's long leg rising up out of the foliage during her drunken escapade in Mexico was hilarious.

Bethenny mentioned ZERO contact . I wish the two of them would never, ever, ever give up on working together for Brynn. You have to do it no matter what. Takes 2.

Luann's leg was the highlight of this season.  Bravo!

• Love 8

People expected Luann to answer questions about her marriage...but not her vote? People expected Ramona to answer questions about what life is like on her home planet Epsilon 12 (the water bed trigger is revealed!)  but not her vote?

There's a reason we vote behind curtains and put our completed ballot in a folder, and were raised not to discuss politics (or religion) in the workplace.  I took no offense to those who chose not the answer the question, even though I feel quite strongly about my own political beliefs.   They likely didn't want to alienate a potion of their fan base or they were embarrassed to say that they didn't vote.  

Edited by snarts
ballot, not ballet :)
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Amen to all.

Beth not only mentions her wealth constantly, but she wants to be continually thanked for her nibblets she gives the girls.  Remember the pinata from last year?  Then it's the Mexico trip which apparently was the greatest trip in Real Housewives history even though I could think of a dozens other trips that were better or equally incredible.  

Yes, she has accomplished a lot.  She's a financially savvy woman.   But somehow she has morphed into someone who knows everything, has suffered more than anyone.  She cries frequently and yet accuses others of having waterworks.  She counsels Ramona on her behavior and yet I don't see much of a difference other than Beth not ruining people's houses.  

I'm not sure I believe Dennis had to change to get Beth.  I think that whole discussion was so unnecessary and just her wanting the world to think that she's so incredible he begged for her back.   She could have easily said, "We were in different places, took time apart, and decided to give it another go."  End of story.  Instead it was all about her and her fabulousness.  

I used to love her.  I used to root for her.  She used to be able to be funny without vulgarity.  She had more dimensions back then.  Now she's so full of herself and her "zero fucks given" brand that it is so hard to root for her.  

• Love 17

Well, now that people on here know (or think they know) where all the ladies stand politically, does it make your enjoyment of the show and them more likeable, less likeable or neutral?  Did the exposing of this info make you respect them any better or less?  For me, I'm neutral.  While I don't like where some of them stand politically (or where some MAY stand politically), I'll still be watching and snarking.  The only character I wouldn't care if they got rid of is Sonja.  She kinda bores me.  And as one who likes Bethenny and thinks she is the smartest of the bunch, it was disappointing to read that she was a Bernie supporter at first (per a poster on here, not verified).  That's a major downgrade to me.  ??

• Love 1

One thing about Bethenny is she's very purposeful.  She does seem to listen & learn.  So a little advice, Bethenny.  Study the way you look at the reunion (at least from the neck up anyway) & learn from it, hun.  OK, the outfit sucked.  But you can toss that off to some charity & make yourself feel cozy & superior with your dough.  Easy breezy.

No, Bethenny, I mean really study just what your hair & makeup people did to you at this reunion to make you look this good.  First, let's talk deets on her hair.  She's never gotten her color right.  I mean in a way that's truly flattering.  And more importantly, what she oh-so-desperately needs -- SOFTENING.  Her color has either been too dark or just meh.  Sorry, but that reddish tint was meh.  But her color at the reunion was absolutely perfect for her.  Lighter but not too light & really flattering.

Now let's talk style.  Too many women (and stylists) go nuts with a flat iron.  The results can be unflattering.  On Bethenny, stick straight hair looks so severe.  The soft waves she had at the reunion looked great on her.  She really should go for that permanently & give away her flat iron (in addition to that ugly red thing she was wearing).

Her makeup looked different to me.  Maybe more muted colors?  Whatever it was, it really worked well on her.  

I saw Bethenny at a business function a few months ago & she was dressed very sharply, but she had stick straight hair in a too severe cut & her makeup looked harsh, with colors too bold for daytime.  Her look was hard.  It was a really odd contrast, because it didn't fit at all with her manner at this function.  I was with some colleagues & we spoke with her for a few moments.  She was friendly & casual & couldn't have been nicer.  It just struck me how her looks clashed so much with her demeanor.

• Love 7

Bethenny doesn't like it when others talk about how she should speak but it is okay for her to repeatedly take Luann to the woodshed for her references. 

Someone once said that we tend to complain about what we see in others, when often times, we are guilty of the same thing.  I have found this true about myself in some instances, and it gives me reason to pause and rethink the situation. 

3 hours ago, BBHN said:

How many times did she bring him up throughout the season?

Just about anytime someone else in the group was sharing a difficult moment, she pipes up about how hard her life is.  I'm not saying she isn't justified in her feelings, etc., but she tends to turn a conversation back around to her.  It's happened numerous times.

24 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

Well, now that people on here know (or think they know) where all the ladies stand politically, does it make your enjoyment of the show and them more likeable, less likeable or neutral? 

I don't care how a person votes, but when they display their attitude of superiority on the subject, well,  that bothers me (Carole.)  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 6

Just about anytime someone else in the group was sharing a difficult moment, she pipes up about how hard her life is.  I'm not saying she isn't justified in her feelings, etc., but she tends to turn a conversation back around to her.  It's happened numerous times.

So, much like Carole keeps bringing up anal sex "all the time" and it turned out to be only 3 or 4 times total, not that many times for Bethenny as well, I'm guessing.

• Love 7