Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Any supplier of custom hats will be glad to send you a blank one, but I think you should have one embroidered with "Father of Forums."

I am not the biological father of the forum, but I love it as if it were my own.  My widow took three eggs into my funeral pyre which hatched two dragons and one forum, so you see, we're a Modern Family.  Speaking of... 

Giving a woman space after you've screwed up isn't a good idea unless she tells you she wants/needs space.  The best thing to do is be there for her and ask her to explain how you hurt her so that you can Never Ever Ever Ever Do That Again®...  Larry just sort of assumed she'd want him to go sit at the bar for a while, but Jenny didn't really seem like she wanted space.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Larry just sort of assumed she'd want him to go sit at the bar for a while, but Jenny didn't really seem like she wanted space.

I think Larry just wanted to sit at the bar.  

5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I am not the biological father of the forum, but I love it as if it were my own. 

But we can call you "Daddy," right?  Nicole said it was okay.  

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

But we can call you "Daddy," right?  Nicole said it was okay.  

BIG.gif

If Nicole says it's okay, then it has to be okay.  But she has to stay in her own show's forum. ;)

• Love 7

TIL that you can buy an actual "appreciation ring".

https://www.christinalowrydesigns.com/collections/wabi-sabi/products/appreciation?variant=41900138375

Obvs this isn't the one Darcy was given because

(a) it's real gold and diamond;

(b) it's small and understated;

(c) it costs $880.

Re the Three Stooges (aka Larry, Pole and Sean). Okay, if your thing is 20-year-old women, then fine. But here's a test for you; ask out the 20-year-old women in your home town. If they look at you with disgust, laugh in your face or set their Dads on you, then maybe that should tell you something about why a 20-year-old from an impoverished background is giving you the time of day. These guys are so seriously deluded about what they have to offer these women. They are utterly pathetic.

Edited by essexjan
Post got duplicated
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, essexjan said:

These guys are so seriously deluded about what they have to offer these women. They are utterly pathetic.

Also, the women have been telling them what they want to hear.  There is always a lot of cultural stereotyping going on on all levels in these shows.  We hear it from almost all the characters. . .err, participants.  Americans are all rich, have huge homes, and America is the land of opportunity, where you can be whoever you want.  On the flip side, women from impoverished countries just want kindness and security, which is apparently why they put up with old/fat/abusive/stupid/loser men.  All of these beliefs are partly true and mostly not true.  Everyone acts offended when their fantasies and silly cultural generalizations are exposed as wrong.  Most of them expect true horniness to triumph over the harsh realities of life.  All of them are pathetic and optimistic at the same time.  

• Love 9

Just some random thoughts...

I only watched it On Demand, so I can't be sure, but in the brief closeup, I believe the ring Jesse gave Darcey was some kind of silver filigree square with two crystals, that didn't look anything like an engagement solitaire. (Does anyone have a screen shot to share?) I think he called it an "appreciation gift, NOT ENGAGEMENT ring" and she was the one to use the term "promise ring" like a teenager going steady. (What's next, his H of 11 letter sweater?) Anyway, whatever his intention, the ring was what my friend refers to as a "shut up ring." 

Larry's puffy baseball hat makes him look like a lawn jockey!

Patrick strikes me as the kind of person who appears at first glance to be fun and happy-go-lucky but constantly needing to be "on" and the center of attention gets to be exhausting for people in his presence for any length of time. I'd call him a "small dose" person. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 13
Just now, magemaud said:

I think he called it an "appreciation gift

An appreciation gift is something you give an employee for ten years of service.  Also, he doesn't seem to appreciate her.  I'd be thinking hard about ways to punk him, if I were Darcy.  Then again, if I were Darcy I wouldn't have a thought  in my head.  She is so dick-blind.  

• Love 8

Courtney, go home.  It was very clear to me that Antonio was hoping that if he left for a day, she would be gone when he returned.  When she was still there he was irritated as hell and it showed all over his face.  Honey, Courtney....just stop embarrassing yourself and get yourself a great hotel to enjoy the rest of your vacation or cut your losses and leave.  This is just painful.

What Jesse did to Darcy was some next level passive aggressive bullshit.  There is a big difference between giving someone an "appreciation gift" and getting down on your knee during a "special day" when you know that person is hoping for an engagement, pulling out a ring and then NOPE, this is NOT an engagement ring, but I appreciate you.  Seriously I am beginning to think that Jesse must actually hate Darcy to do something that cruel.  

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I only watched it On Demand, so I can't be sure, but in the brief closeup, I believe the ring Jesse gave Darcey was some kind of silver filigree square with two crystals, that didn't look anything like an engagement solitaire. (Does anyone have a screen shot to share?) I think he called it an "appreciation gift, NOT ENGAGEMENT ring" and she was the one to use the term "promise ring" like a teenager going steady.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jesse used the term "promise ring" in his talking-head interview right before the car ride (when Darcy kept pushing for clarification, and he said, "look at the goat!")

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Former Nun said:

There was a YouTube video referenced way above, so I watched it.  Apparently he does not eat meat--ever (or he was trying to rationalize his "vacation" behavior).

Yes he was trying to rationalize his crass vacation, POST airing of the show. He is trying to spin it that he never eats meat, but he was a total asshole and it had nothing to do with his beliefs that he acted clueless to how to act. He is trying to spin himself to look better after it aired by saying "I don't eat meat" yeah well you acted like a complete moron and insulted people. They didn't offer you cows balls with roasted eyeballs on the side, you are not a vegetarian, or were not when you were there, you are just trying to rationalize your disgusting behavior. What was disgusting was you and not the pig.

• Love 6

Larry has shifty eyes. I don't like it.

Cortney is whiny and naive, but that was really cruel of Antonio to tell her to deal with the AC being broken and then skip off to Mommy's without her and leave her in the heat alone.

Jesse is controlling and loves playing with Darcy's emotions. It makes me sick. He is creepy.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, shockermolar said:

Corny is not just in Spain, she's in Malaga, right? She's on the sun coast of the Mediterranean. She certainly doesn't strike me as the type to go to museums (stupid her) but good lord girl - get out of the hot box of an efficiency and go to the damn beach.  I'm thinking that maybe he didn't give her keys when he left so she was afraid to be locked out if she left. 

Oh god that's it! He fled, taking his keys and any other means of ingress (crowbar? screwdriver?) Cortney's head must be made of solid wood. Never have I seen someone so completely unable to take a hint, even one the size and weight of a serviceable anvil. He must have crept out while she was asleep (sated from their night of unbounded passion? hahahahaha, I kill me.)

15 hours ago, Bellalisa said:

Antonio I think he thinks he is HOT and will be on American TV so should show his "great" body by stripping down for the cameramen ...he would have been gone had it not been for the TV show by now. He would have told her to go away. He must have signed a contract agreeing to be filmed for the entire time.  His body is kind of short and stumpy.  

When Corny said "the Europeans they don't give two shits about anything important-- stuff like air conditioning!" I mean is she really that poor that she cant go to a hotel room? She was trying to hint they both go to one and he was like NO, I am not going to a hotel room with you. She is suffocating this guy. She is insisting they spend all their time together and he can't take it.  He is one "Isterico" as they say in Argentina ...Isterico=Players men who won't commit. But he signed this contract to stay in it for the duration, but he had to get the fuck away from her, which he admits in his interview. 

Antonio thinking he's going to get his big break as a model is as laughable as the notion that Cortney is a future Nobelist. He thinks he's hot, apparently. Does anyone else? He's certainly being promoted as this sexy Euro playboy. But he looks like a guy who might be selling ties at Macy's. Not one of Princess Stephanie's exes. Sheesh.

So wait, are Europeans solid, and family oriented? or are they shallow bitches who don't even care about the important things, like air conditioning? Just spending a few moments trying to unravel the logic of Cortney has me wishing for a nice two by four to whack myself in the head with--it would be more pleasant and probably accomplish more.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

Yes he was trying to rationalize his crass vacation, POST airing of the show. He is trying to spin it that he never eats meat, but he was a total asshole and it had nothing to do with his beliefs that he acted clueless to how to act. He is trying to spin himself to look better after it aired by saying "I don't eat meat" yeah well you acted like a complete moron and insulted people. They didn't offer you cows balls with roasted eyeballs on the side, you are not a vegetarian, or were not when you were there, you are just trying to rationalize your disgusting behavior. What was disgusting was you and not the pig.

That wasn't an act, Larry is a complete moron loser. The dumbass didn't even realize he insulted anybody. I bet everything he touches turns into a big pile of shit.

• Love 5

I agree with Mr. Minor, that Larry is a complete moron loser.   I can't agree with others that he is an asshole, a pig, or disgusting.  He's just a simple uninformed guy who's lucky to hold a job, a few friends, and two great sons who look out for him.  

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I agree with Mr. Minor, that Larry is a complete moron loser.   I can't agree with others that is is an asshole, a pig, or disgusting.  He's just a simple uninformed guy who's lucky to hold a job, a few friends, and two great sons who look out for him.  

Absolutely...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Larry's puffy baseball hat makes him look like a lawn jockey!

He reminds me of the poor kids in the cancer center commercials where they have an oversized cap on their bald head.

I think I saw 3 caps this time, a white, blue and green. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nr65000 said:

Seriously I am beginning to think that Jesse must actually hate Darcy to do something that cruel.  

Jesse likes Darcy WAY MORE than I do.

4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Or is he really THAT self-absorbed?

Rhetorical?

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks Patrick is a creepy pig? He's forcing himself on poor Myriam. That gym scene was just disgusting. She has repeatedly told you NO, Patrick!

Yet he goes on about "not giving up on her, its meant to be, yada yada...." He thinks its ok to make a plan to grope her. All the while she's told him he has no chance and she has a boyfriend--he just ignores that because its not what HE wants.

She doesn't strike me as leading him on, so much as going along with it while being extremely uncomfortable.  She's a young girl and she's doing that thing girls do, being nice and smiling like we're trained to do, don't make a scene, be a cool girl....I find it gross.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

Am I the only one who thinks Patrick is a creepy pig? He's forcing himself on poor Myriam. That gym scene was just disgusting. She has repeatedly told you NO, Patrick!

Oh definitely.  I think he's gross.  He thinks VERY highly of himself, which, amuses me.  LOL

I agree with you in that I don't think Myriam is leading him on...she is spending time with him while he's in Paris, showing him the sights etc  He KNOWS she has a boyfriend.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kelly said:

Oh definitely.  I think he's gross.  He thinks VERY highly of himself, which, amuses me.  LOL

I agree with you in that I don't think Myriam is leading him on...she is spending time with him while he's in Paris, showing him the sights etc  He KNOWS she has a boyfriend.

Myriam is basically earning her TLC paycheck.  I imagine if she was no longer in the picture after her "reveal" she would not get paid much for the situation. And Patrick would not have taken her "reveal" as well without the cameras and probably wouldn't have tried to find a way for the relationship to continue.  ANY guy would be pissed that came overseas to meet up with a potential girlfriend to find out she already has a boyfriend. He's got to save face somehow. Of course he also thinks he can win her over.  I like Myriam but she has game too.  I'm sure her boyfriend is OK with this because she is getting paid. At least she isn't willing to be with ANY American just to go to the USA like some of the other people on this show.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, deedee2 said:
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I only watched it On Demand, so I can't be sure, but in the brief closeup, I believe the ring Jesse gave Darcey was some kind of silver filigree square with two crystals, that didn't look anything like an engagement solitaire. (Does anyone have a screen shot to share?) I think he called it an "appreciation gift, NOT ENGAGEMENT ring" and she was the one to use the term "promise ring" like a teenager going steady.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jesse used the term "promise ring" in his talking-head interview right before the car ride (when Darcy kept pushing for clarification, and he said, "look at the goat!")

I'm sure you're right, since I only watched it once. I just wonder what the promise was supposed to be! He's so manipulative and vague, I can see him saying later, "I wasn't promising you that we'd get married, you were promising ME you'd never drink again! Look at the goat!"

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
On 10/15/2017 at 6:51 PM, tincansailor981 said:

Corny is rock stupid.  No way in hell I'm sitting in a hot apartment waiting for some ass wipe to return from "mom's house" where he slept in a real bed in a house with A.C.  Gumby should fly to Paris and hang out with Patrick, at least he has a spot to sleep and it has A.C..  Senor Slick is one mean SOB.  "Are you on your period?"  Seriously, moth---ker?  She should have packed her trash in her rucksacks and hit the street.  Yet, her dumb ass continues to allow him to disrespect her and treat her like shit.  The abuse got worse after he slept with her, yet clueless missed that brick to the head.  I can't stand to see dumb people do dumb shit.

Every man knows those are fighting words. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Very well chosen too, since he wants her to leave!

But, they made him look like such a douchebag. As much sympathy as I had for him at having to suffer her, it pretty much evaporated at that moment.  Why would any woman want to stay with someone who treats her like that?  Corny can't take a hint.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

But, they made him look like such a douchebag. As much sympathy as I had for him at having to suffer her, it pretty much evaporated at that moment.  Why would any woman want to stay with someone who treats her like that?  Corny can't take a hint.

He also took her morning wine mug away and told her to lay off the vino... maybe he could disappear for 24 hours? Oh right, he already tried that, and it didn't work.

• Love 4
On 10/15/2017 at 0:12 AM, spankydoll said:

That I'd an ugly American move. Speak English using the accent of thee local area. Totally stupid. I was just in Paris with  friend who thought that speaking English loudly using a PePe LePeau accent was a helpful method of communicating 

oh god, how mortifying.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I agree with Mr. Minor, that Larry is a complete moron loser.   I can't agree with others that he is an asshole, a pig, or disgusting.  He's just a simple uninformed guy who's lucky to hold a job, a few friends, and two great sons who look out for him.  

Kind of like 'I am Sam'?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, essexjan said:

Re the Three Stooges (aka Larry, Pole and Sean). Okay, if your thing is 20-year-old women, then fine. But here's a test for you; ask out the 20-year-old women in your home town. If they look at you with disgust, laugh in your face or set their Dads on you, then maybe that should tell you something about why a 20-year-old from an impoverished background is giving you the time of day. These guys are so seriously deluded about what they have to offer these women. They are utterly pathetic.

It's a complete double standard. They want their women young, fresh, and pert looking, but has any one of them looked in a mirror lately? Pole's idea of a workout is running from the cops.

Sean's throwing himself at a woman who can't even be faithful to him before the wedding. Someone described Abby as a "messy, mean little thing." Boy, oh boy is that right! Sean has already demonstrated that he will throw his dignity under the bus for her. Wait until she starts feuding with his family and friends and he weakly takes her side.

Same goes for Darcey. Why isn't Jesse chasing a woman his age? Because he wants an older woman who will cling to him like an oxygen mask so he can control her and feed oatmeal to like a baby bird. The ring trick was sadistic.

2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Poor Antonio! Who knows what kind of communication transpired between them considering they were only texting.

He may have thought she was visiting Spain and had other plans besides him. 

There's a Halloween Horror Story for Antonio. Corny starring in The Thing That Wouldn't Leave... she announces that she's rebooked her flight and she'll be staying another six weeks with him!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

There's a Halloween Horror Story for Antonio. Corny starring in The Thing That Wouldn't Leave... she announces that she's rebooked her flight and she'll be staying another six weeks with him!

I would so watch that! I’ll bring the wine, Jen! I’m sure Desert Rat And Sprockets would like to watch as well!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I really think Antonio left Courtney in the apartment for 24 hours because he was hoping she would leave and go home if he left long enough. Its pretty clear that he got what he wanted. Courtney also needs to just go home. Also, in episode 1 they tried to sell Courtney to us as an experienced solo World traveler. I call bullshit on that one. An experienced solo traveler would have left and found a hotel with air conditioning. Not sat dying in the heat in some shitty apartment for 24 hours.

He liked the hunt and the flirting. Once he got her he no longer wanted her and her whining and weird big eye.

Would anyone actually sit for 24 hours in a sweltering room waiting for a shithead to come back??

• Love 4

Just looking at "Corny" in that hot sardine can of a space made me itchy and claustrophobic-- were there any blinds or shades to block out the sun on that large window?  While I agree with others that she should have left (i would have been long gone), perhaps she was waiting to film with him? I don't know what these reality contracts stipulate--would she forfeit the money if she left? Yes, she is dumb and annoying, but I'm trying to find a logical reason for her behavior.

Also, if I left, I would have taken my things and left the apartment unlocked, texting Antonio that info. That would've gotten a response of some sort, imo. He is a grown man and should communicate to his " guest" that he will be gone for a day-- or better yet, that this arrangement is not working out and he would prefer that she leave. YMMV

Edited by Adiba
spelling
  • Love 1

Corny reminds me of me at her age.  I grew up with a judgmental mom who complained about everything.  It’s all I knew then.  (I love my mom to pieces so no judging here). But I was so critical of my ex hubby   

I think she is a product of her environment.  Maybe her mom is the same to her dad.  

And she talks on her Instagram about being a couch surfer.  That’s traveling on the cheap. 

If I was in Malaga, I would be out exploring and appreciating. Not complaining   

• Love 5
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

He liked the hunt and the flirting. Once he got her he no longer wanted her and her whining and weird big eye.

Would anyone actually sit for 24 hours in a sweltering room waiting for a shithead to come back??

If he owed me lots of money.

I would have quietly slipped out, left a good bye note, and never contacted him again.

• Love 3

For someone who claims to be a world traveler, I find it interesting that Cortney didn’t seem to have enough money to spend the night in a hotel.  I have a feeling if the cameras weren’t there to bear witness, their story would have been quite different. 

Larry may be lackadaisical and socially awkward, but that still did not give Jenny the right to speak to him the way she did.  You don’t order a grown man to “come here.” I noticed that even though she was very angry with him, she had no qualms about returning to their four stars hotel complete with indoor plumbing and big comfortable bed.

• Love 6

Larry should be glad that Jenny hasn’t asked him to buy her family a water buffalo for her dowry.  Can you imagine the look on his face? 

I wanted to bitch slap him as he was ranting and raving about how it was just food. That’s why you haven’t gotten laid in 14 years, Larry, because you just don’t “get it”.  You’re a bug, dumb oaf.  It wasn’t about food, it was about being a gracious guest and appreciating that it was a very expensive labor intensive feast laid out for you in your honor.  Even being vegetarian or kosher or having a weak stomach can still be done graciously without offending ones host. 

Did he arrive empty handed or did he bring his sad little trash bag of melted candy for Family Jenny? Oh, Pedro, I have such love for you.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

He thinks its ok to make a plan to grope her.

The groping thing is beyond disgusting, especially in the Harvey Weinstein climate. He's just glued to her, pawing her everything at every opportunity. It reminds me of the way Dr. Oz death-clutches his adoring female guests as he drags them up onstage by the wrist, like a toddler. I've had boyfriends do this to me and I just swat at them and get away ASAP. It's grossly predatory.

• Love 4

Corny is so uptight I'm sure sex wasn't great and still. Antonio made her breakfast in the morning. Amazingly cute!!  But no sooner had she noticed a leak in the AC than she pressed him to find some hotel. She's such a pain in the balls I must take Antonio's side on this one. I would have left her and never come back again.

Listen there's no air conditioning at all in most European houses.  It's not Florida, nobody is freaking out about no AC for a couple of hours (and complaining at the same time about the offices being too cold). First of all you close the blinds during the day. 

Antonio lives in a shoebox and maybe not even his apartment. I think he actually lives with mummy and rented this place just for the show. Where would he get the money to book a room when he can only afford a studio apt. If she's never satisfied, why don't she move out or go downtown and buy a fan? (even Darcey was able to find a hotel when she was drunk and in high heels in Amsterdam and all the other folks  have their own places). Antonio is not paying for your entire stay girl! Taxis, food, restaurants, bars and now hotel. She's been very lucky to have a place to stay for free +AC in the first place. It's broken, well give it a minute!  He was about to call a fixer but she was so boring with her "let's go to the hotel right now" Gosh!

And who drinks red wine when it's already too hot in their cubicle?

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, Lizzing said:

I don't believe for a minute Antonio is only 31.

None of us have ever believed he could be under 40. Sleep in peace.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Bibi said:

Antonio lives in a shoebox and maybe not even his apartment. I think he actually lives with mummy and rented this place just for the show.

I was thinking the same thing!  

Courtney must have been hot in that tiny box of a studio apartment, it was not just her in there but a camera crew (and probably lighting) as well and maybe moving to a hotel would not have been easy because of filming, hotels may not welcome the cameras because it may have been disruptive to the other guests.  That being said, Courtney is dense, she wasn't pick up what Antonio was putting down, he effin left the apartment after doing the deed! That girl needs two things, self esteem and a ride to the airport.  

Was she really drinking wine in the morning?

• Love 11

Karine has a big decision ahead of her; Larry has an important question for Jenny; Cortney worries about the future as she leaves Spain; Darcey and Jesse share an emotional good-bye; Sean returns to Haiti to see if Abby has kept her promise.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Me from ME said:

It wasn't just the ubiquity of the hat. IT WAS THE FIT! Come on Larry didn't you at least try it on for size? Don't you own a mirror?

I saw a big gap between The Hat and where his head should have been.

Apparently it wasn't one of those white undecorated hats from a craft store; they're all adjustable . . . but you have to be smart enough to figure out how to adjust them.

• Love 6
On 10/17/2017 at 6:32 AM, millennium said:

All sarcasm aside, I grew up without AC, and while I have it now, I can get along fine without it.   I actually use it as little as possible.

I grew up without it also, unless about high school i think we got a room a/c unit in our living room and then I think before I graduated we got central a/c.  But now I'm not sure how I lived without it.  I live in Iowa, the summers are hot but I wonder if our house just had great circulation.  It had a lot of windows and northern iowa can be pretty windy (we have a ton of those energy windmills now) and now I live in central/southern iowa, my house does have a lot of windows, and it's small but doesn't get good circulation at all. And I don't open my bedroom window because it's like 5 feet from my neighbors. Great privacy lol 

11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

For someone who claims to be a world traveler, I find it interesting that Cortney didn’t seem to have enough money to spend the night in a hotel.  I have a feeling if the cameras weren’t there to bear witness, their story would have been quite different. 

Oh I bet she could have if she really wanted to.  But she didn't want to.  For some reason she seems to think she doesn't have to spend a dime of her own money while actually being there. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EastCoast4Life said:

I love the way Larry makes up with Jenny! Loudly talking directly into her ear, whilst clutching her in a death grip, all while wearing his stupid hat. He really is pathetic. 

It's also exactly how he has sex, with or (usually) without a woman in the room.  

Edited by Sprockets
acid reflux
  • Love 4