Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

What did Courtney say or do to piss off the camera/editing crew?  Seems production hates her. 

Bet she's as nitpicky and whiny with them as she seems to be in general. She gives the impression that she sees herself as a petite, irresistible Disney princess who has bluebirds singing around her head.  (Hey, sort of like Patrick.)

• Love 7

Sean dogded that bullet and left without proposing.  Then he saw how depressing it was inside his apartment and thought about killing himself.  I don't understand people who travel to another country and spend a truckload of money on courting a person, but their home looks like shit.

Wait a minute, Paul and Karine have been using the translate app all this time, now he is proposing and he's so dense that he writes it ALL in English?   Karine is not so dumb after all.  A tip to all men, if the girl doesn't say YES right away, walk away.

Myriam is so full of shit.   Everyone can see that this was all a staged setup.   Patrick is such a douche.  He doesn't know that to dethrone an existing boyfriend, you can't badmouth him and ask for a chance in the same sentence.  Patrick saying "I have to respect the friend thing" and hitting on her at the same time.  What a joke.  Patrick and Myriam are so basic and so dumb (together and separately) that they are not worth writing about....Outside the boat again....Myriam, I really want to be with you.....Stop being so pushy.    and Patrick, you are 25, please stop yapping about "the love of your life".   It was nice to see Mother Patrick distill some sense into his BS.

Antonio, please explain to Corny that you are just in it for the sex and that hanging out for two weeks doesn't mean you want marriage.  No one explained this to Corny in her late teens.....
Corny, how did you create a friendship with him?  You don't even know his family.

Larry and Jenny, Jenny forgave Larry.  What a surprise......Only Larry would call Jenny the most beautiful woman, though he was smart enough to add "that I've ever been with".   I really love the cousin telling her not to come to the US with that fucked up attitude.   And his wife, a Filipina herself, hating on Jenny.

It takes months and sometimes years to develop a real, mature relationship, yet in less than 10 days, all these people either propose or can't stop talking about it.

Edited by AmyBre
  • Love 14
Just now, hawkhd said:

Jenny gets my respect with that one piece bathing suit.

It took guts for Jenny to do that.  She should have picked a larger size or lose some weight before.   Notice how she didn't wear a two-piece.

Miryam does not like Patrick even a little bit.  She also does not have a boyfriend.  She is just a game-player.  I also doubt Patrick would be interested if she were suddenly "available," because he is a game-player too.  

What is wrong with Larry?  He cannot say "I'm a vegetarian," and he cannot tell his cousin to STFU.  

From the previews it looks like Pole might get dumped - respect for Karine!  She can do so much better.  And that ring?  What?  All he did was write some words in sand - words she can't even read - and he thinks that's impressive?   Get lost, psychoboy

Antonio wants Corny gone, but won't tell her as long as he might get laid again.   Corny is too dumb to see it.  

Sean has some spine, but how is he going to know whether Abby is boning Chris when he's gone?  (She is.  She never stopped.  She never will.)  

• Love 18

I don’t believe Patrick and Myriam were a show based setup.  I think Myriam did have feelings for Patrick but the issue may have been the fact that he wasn’t Muslim more than the other boyfriend.  In addition, I do not think she wanted to leave Paris or her family.  Even though some of Patrick’s idiosyncrasies were off putting at times, in the end he seemed like a good guy.

Courtney needs to get a clue.

Both Jenny and Karine were certainly looking for a way to the US.  So for them both to be hesitant to move forward those guys are clearly pretty bad!

• Love 16

The preview for next week - Sean goes back to Haiti!

OMYGOSH he is obsessed!

22 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

Wait a minute, Paul and Karine have been using the translate app all this time, now he is proposing and he's so dense that he writes it ALL in English?   Karine is not so dumb after all.  A tip to all men, if the girl doesn't say YES right away, walk away.

I like Karine now that she turned down Pole’s ring.  She’s much too good for him. Papa will be happy when he finds out. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Miryam does not like Patrick even a little bit.  She also does not have a boyfriend.  She is just a game-player.  I also doubt Patrick would be interested if she were suddenly "available," because he is a game-player too.  

What is wrong with Larry?  He cannot say "I'm a vegetarian," and he cannot tell his cousin to STFU.  

From the previews it looks like Pole might get dumped - respect for Karine!  She can do so much better.  And that ring?  What?  All he did was write some words in sand - words she can't even read - and he thinks that's impressive?   Get lost, psychoboy

Antonio wants Corny gone, but won't tell her as long as he might get laid again.   Corny is too dumb to see it.  

Sean has some spine, but how is he going to know whether Abby is boning Chris when he's gone?  (She is.  She never stopped.  She never will.)  

I actually think Myriam does like the lip licking lizard,  but she knows they are both too full of shit to be together.

Larry has no stones and needs to just go away.  I agree with Jenny he should have stood up for her but he's too clueless to do something that rational. 

Pole is equally clueless as Larry. Karine knew exactly what was up but didn't want to tell Bubble  Boy no on camera.

Antonio just wants to ensure he sleeps with Corny the rest of the time she's there.  He's playing her stupid ass like a tune and she can't see past her gums to get it.  He doesn't like her, he doesn't want to spend time with her, other than in bed.  Gawd, she's stupid

The scabies would have been more than enough for me to tell Scabby to step off.  I guess dumb shit Sean has to contract something far worse before he realizes she is still sleeping with Don Knott's doppelganger.

• Love 20

Patrick: she's not giving you mixed messages; she waited til you were safely back in the States to keep you on the string for her ego and as a back up if her boyfriend dumps her.it has very little to do with you.  Larry: Jenny has more sense than you do. No, love will not solve all your problems and you have no balls.  She's right to be pissed that he wouldn't defend her to his cousin; wait'll his sons don't like her!!!  Molly: it's so hard to believe that she has a successful business when she acts like an adolescent. Her older daughter seems more grounded and mature.  Cortney: why have you no ability to read the room. He as much as said  "I need my space" and still she looked at him like "duh".  Paul: will you at least attempt to learn a few phrases of Portuguese?  You are awkward enough when you are speaking to those of us that know the language; Karine must be baffled! Sean: cut bait,man. You will never trust her & life will be miserable for you.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

My God, Paul’s proposal was the most awkward and painful thjbg I’ve ever seen. Geez Paul, you couldn’t even be bothered to change into clean non-sweaty clothes for your big moment? He’s a real catch. 

I would throw him back in the sea. Karine, he is a ticket out of Brazil, but you decide if it is worth the price. There is obviously the language issue, he does have a criminal record, and you have seen him as-is. He is unlikely to change. 

Patrick likes the idea of being in love and maybe is in love with love. He can say the right words, but needs to,walk the walk, and not the talk. Myriad should have shut him down and admit the 'boyfriend'. Sometimes you do reconnect down the line.

Cort, Antonio is using you. Clue in that he wants you gone. He is counting down the days and lays til he gets his freedom back.

Jenny, you have seen what Larry is. He does not have the social skills or relationship skills to defend you. You took this Schlump as an easy ticket to the US. You do not want him unless you are desperate. Him being rude and disrespectful will not change. He has known you a couple of days and probably will not come to your rescue. His friends will be around a lot in the US. They will see through you but Larry needs to learn the lesson he will get from you.

Sean, face the reality that you will share Abby with Chris and make a mutually beneficial arrangement.

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

My God, Paul’s proposal was the most awkward and painful thjbg I’ve ever seen. Geez Paul, you couldn’t even be bothered to change into clean non-sweaty clothes for your big moment? He’s a real catch. 

And comb your hair, Paul. Or did you forget to pack a comb?

My eyes are burning. I just saw Larry without a shirt. 

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

If Miryam thinks she is lonely now how lonely would she be with a boyfriend living halfway across the world. Patrick loves the chase, not the girl.

Instead of chasing a fantasy, Patrick should focus his energy on his relationship with his baby's mama and make a family for that beautiful little girl.  

52 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 13

What, what? Patrick got on the plane in Paris in a white shirt and got off in a grey shirt. And he didn't have a 1000 pounds of luggage like Paul. 

Patrick, listen to your mama.

I fear for Karine if she says"No."

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 4

Myriam is so full of shit.  This mythical “boyfriend” of hers absolutely does not exist.  I’m so over her and her massive granny glasses, giving Patrick those little sideways glances that she clearly thinks are adorable.  In a way, I’m glad that she flaked out on him.  She’s a lying liar who lies and he can do better.  I’m with his mom; he needs to find someone in America, but only after he grows up a little bit.  I want to shake him and scream at him that he has a kid now.  It’s time to evolve and mature a bit, or at least try.

Larry makes me so sad.  God, what a complete and total schmuck.  That totally-not-a-whore, Jenny, is so manipulative.  How can he not see it?

Karine is desperate to get out her country, so she puts up with Paul and blindly accepts all of his, shall we say, faults.  She seems like a decent girl and it’s sad that she’ll be yoked to Paul and his bullshit.  Also, I could ponder for days and never figure out why he didn’t etch his proposal into the sand in Karine’s native language using the translator app.  

Antonio has a calendar hidden somewhere where he’s crossing off the days until Corny leaves with a big, black magic marker.  I can’t say I blame him at this point.  Corny seems like she’d be a serious drag to have around.  How can she be so blind as not to see that Antonio is using her for sex and waiting until he can load her whining ass back onto the plane and wave her off (probably for good)?

I’m furious with slimy Chris for making me feel sorry for very slightly less slimy Sean.  Sean is adorable with his “Abby has a 25% chance of my staying with her.”  Haha, suuuuure, buddy.  We’ve only scratched the surface of what he’ll put up with to keep his relationship with Abby alive.  A lot of men would have left Haiti immediately the moment Chris touched down at the airport to see his special “friend.”  

(Someone owes me for a medical bill because I may have burst a blood vessel laughing at that Caillou picture above.)

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 14

She doesn't seem to take it seriously but Abby's skin is covered with that shit a little more each day. She has sores everywhere. Chest, fingers, arms, elbows. This is definitely scabies. And for whatever reason she's always low-necked which makes it more noticeable( except for Sean). 

Why can't she get a real treatment ? This time it's not about Mambo's  leaves. The producers should have asked them to go to the doctor. It's very contagious, even for them if they shake hands or something. I'm very surprised. And I think about whoever will sleep in this hotel room after them ...

All of that being said, wait.  Was that Sean's apartment ???? Or just a rundown motel?

• Love 8

Patrick’s "Our story isn't over yet" is making me very nervous.  I don't think I can take another minute with him, let alone another season.  This idiot was surprised that a girl who appeared to be counting the days until he left, didn’t come to the airport to say goodbye. C’est la vie!

I am willing to bet it never occurred to Paul to propose to Karine in Portuguese. 

I have a feeling after she left the airport, Abby went directly to see Chris.

The thought of not seeing Antonio ever again made Cortney cried, Antonio on the other hand, seemed as though he couldn’t care less.    

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

And comb your hair, Paul. Or did you forget to pack a comb?

My eyes are burning. I just saw Larry without a shirt. 

Ha! I was yelling at him to put a damned shirt on! He is almost as repulsive as Paul. What is it with the inverse pastiness:body-confidence ratio on these shows! Ugh.

Edited by 7isBlue
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

What, what? Patrick got on the plane in Paris in a white shirt and got off in a grey shirt. And he didn't have a 1000 pounds of luggage like Paul. 

It's a long flight. Just did it last week in fact. Always a good idea to being a change of clothing, fresh shorts and skivvies and your toothbrush. 

• Love 4

Pole seems to be impatiently waiting for the day that Karinny finally learns damn English....sigh.... 3 years?   How dare she!  I wonder how his portugese is coming along?

I'm finding it more jarring that the producers seem to be feeding lines to some of these people, if not just to speed up the editing and move all of this along.  Jenny really struggles trying to get her feelings across (understandably) and then all of a sudden in talking heads she is saying that she is mad that he didn't defend her, that the cousins don't like her...etc. etc.   That skype was awkward too....she clearly doesn't speak all that well and the second she made a comment about the Cousin not liking her he went straight to "Don't you bring an attitude like that to america."   That's not how you speak to someone you don't know or who is dating your cousin.   You should have more self control than that well it's YOUR native language....not to mention it's not polite.   Take the high road dude.   "I'm sorry you feel that way" is far more diplomatic and productive.

• Love 17
On 10/16/2017 at 10:58 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

A few post pages back someone said that Larry kept kosher so if that was the case why didn't he just tell Jenny about his religious dietary laws? Personally I don't think he is Jewish or keeps kosher but it would have been an easy out for him.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:46 PM, Nancybeth said:

Larry made the sign of the cross before taking a bite of the pork, so I assume he's not Jewish.  Also, if he IS Jewish, why wouldn't he just say that?

On 10/16/2017 at 7:40 PM, deedee2 said:

And even if he IS Jewish (which I doubt, but you never know)  - if he's going to the Philippines for a wife, I promise you that dietary kosher laws are not forefront in his mind.

Keeping kosher is very hard to do and takes a lot of dedication. There's no way he could even work at McDonalds if he kept real kosher. And I agree with the above that if he was that serious about Judaism, he wouldn't even think about getting with a woman who isn't Jewish. The closest he possibly comes to kosher is "kosher style", in which we don't eat pork, and we separate meat and dairy, things like that, but we don't have two separate refrigerators and two separate sets of cookware. I hate beating this dead horse but it's irritating to me that anyone is blaming kosher for Larry's stupidity. I don't mean you guys. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Pole seems to be impatiently waiting for the day that Karinny finally learns damn English....sigh.... 3 years?   How dare she!  I wonder how his portugese is coming along?

I'm finding it more jarring that the producers seem to be feeding lines to some of these people, if not just to speed up the editing and move all of this along.  Jenny really struggles trying to get her feelings across (understandably) and then all of a sudden in talking heads she is saying that she is mad that he didn't defend her, that the cousins don't like her...etc. etc.   That skype was awkward too....she clearly doesn't speak all that well and the second she made a comment about the Cousin not liking her he went straight to "Don't you bring an attitude like that to america."   That's not how you speak to someone you don't know or who is dating your cousin.   You should have more self control than that well it's YOUR native language....not to mention it's not polite.   Take the high road dude.   "I'm sorry you feel that way" is far more diplomatic and productive.

Larry's cousin is cracker trash. 

• Love 12

I swear Patrick is an idiot, he is so pushy wanting to be in a relationship and then he finally let her go and then when he came back in the United States, he wants her back? He needs to listen to his mother and find himself an American girl and get over Miriam plus his mother hates Miriam so there is no way that the relationship is going to work out with Patrick's mother hating her...

I hope Karine will do the right thing and say no, she deserves so much better than Paul and Paul is disgusting, does he ever take a shower?

Larry is in love with Jenny so much that he just will let anything go through him, he is an idiot

It sounds like Antiono could care less that Cortney will be leaving so he can go chase other girls

Sean is smart to not propose, he needs to do the right thing and let her go, Abby still loves Chris and she looks way more relaxed with Chris than with Sean

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

It's a long flight. Just did it last week in fact. Always a good idea to being a change of clothing, fresh shorts and skivvies and your toothbrush. 

It doesn't explain why Karine has a different hair color (and length ) in one episode.

Patrick traveled shirtless to Paris. He couldn't care less about wearing 2 different outfits to get back home (I've never done that myself for a cold 9hour flight).

There are so many details that don't match in that show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

What, what? Patrick got on the plane in Paris in a white shirt and got off in a grey shirt.

The darker gray shirt looks like a warmer shirt that may have had in his luggage.  He had the same holey light gray shirt when he got on and off the plane.

• Love 1

Sean's place looks like the worst room at that one motel in the bad part of town. You know the one.

He could have cleaned the fuck up before leaving or letting camera's in. I'm just sayin'...

I'd like to see Abbey's face when she walks in there.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

I can’t say I blame him at this point.  Corny seems like she’d be a serious drag to have around.  How can she be so blind as not to see that Antonio is using her for sex and waiting until he can load her whining ass back onto the plane and wave her off (probably for good)?

She does seem like a drag!  Mopey and whiny and very immature.  She hoped he wouldn't make her cry so she wouldn't have to redo her mascara?  What an idiot.  She wears WAY TOO MUCH makeup.  Why did she sit there and wait for whats-his-name?  Go out and explore the area.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

He got off the plane in the same shirt, I noticed because it had a gazillion holes and he had it on when he was picking up his luggage. He changed before he went out to greet his mother most likely because he knew she would be annoyed seeing his holey ass shirt..

• Love 5

Patrick's mom FTW.

Larry's cousin and his wife are entitled to their opinion, but to meet someone for the first time and do nothing but attack her, then accuse HER of having a bad attitude?  Sheesh.

Paul's proposal...just at a total loss for words, even if I did have a translator.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 9

Larry did something (else) weird.  It was always, "My cousin Carl, and his wife."  She has a name dude, and if you hang out as much as you say you do, you know what it is.  And poor Jenny is so obviously dead inside.  I thought she just had resting bitch face, but it's every expression bitch face.  I want her in the US so hopefully she can actually enjoy life again.

Paul acted all extra proud that he decided to propose in English.  Like he had a choice.  Just say no Karine, you're young and pretty and there are plenty more Americans in the poop water.

How exactly does Sean think that he can prove whether or not Abby is with Chris when he's gone?  I hope it's like that commercial where the dad has a special Cheetos dust detecting light.

Cortney might not be quite as dumb as I thought.  She was full idiot when she declared them to be such good friends (have we actually seen them do anything besides go to various bars and restaurants?).  But then she showed remarkable insight when she kept saying how difficult it was to leave someone when you weren't going to see them again.  Kind of like she knows he's not going to be Mr Dip and father her babies.

• Love 13