Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Oil And Vinegar

• Start Topic

The amuse bouche/my bouche is amused variation has been used by Chandler when he compliments Monica's snacks and by Rory when she's stuck at a dinner with gross Mitchum Hunzberger. That being said I wish I could afford to go to more restaurants that serve amuse bouches! 

Samantha also said it on SATC when she met Smith Jerrod:  I'd like him to amuse my bouche!

But Dorinda's lyceum/museum joke reminds me of an old Mad Magazine comic my mom saw as a kid and still talks about to this day. Man sees a shapely woman with long, flowing hair walk by. He follows her. He finally taps on her shoulder (or something), she turns around, and she's a very wrinkly septuagenarian. 

There's a Diet Coke commercial where a man sees from the back long, blonde hair and he approaches her and she turns around and it's an Afghan Hound!! LOL!

About Tinsley's hair, she kind of has the Paris Hilton thing going on.  It's her trademark.  She said her hair was what initially got her noticed and made her an "it girl," so I can see how she's attached to it.  Still needs updating though. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I have no problem with 'tights'.  Its freaken NY in the wintertime.  It's cold.  I'm on board.  Call them what you will.  But I'd be wearing them.  And they can be very sexy.

Agreed. LOVE tights. Will never give them up. I also have a pair of dark blue mary janes that I will keep as long as I possibly can. I think with Tinsley it's more about how she combines all the girly things together at once. I don't really mind it, though. I do wish she'd update her hair though - not because of her age, but because I think she'd look hot as shit with a slightly warmer color and a little bit off the length. 

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Bahahaha at this episode title! Just gold. I will never stop loving Ramona and her unique phraseology. I'm HULUing the early seasons right now and she just said it was raining "cats and buckets". Bahahaha! 

Anyway, on to the episode...

I do NOT need to know the shade of Sonja's pubes, please and thank you. 

Also not a fan of her darker eyebrows. Maybe they'll grow on me? I like eyebrows to mostly match the hair. I feel it somehow made her look more masculine.

And even as a Beth fan, I will call her out for her rude behavior to Tinsley. How could she expect the rest of the table to NOT listen??? It's not really fair to say, "Okay, we're going to have a private conversation now. The 5 of you turn a quarter of an inch that way and talk amongst yourselves. Keep the conversation going, so you can't hear us. And don't you dare glance over."?? If you wanted to be THAT private, go outside. Me? I'd be pulling my chair closer and ordering a new drink. 

I don't mind darker eyebrows with blondes, but Sonja's were at least 2 shades too dark. Yikes. Agreed on Bethenny snapping at Tinsley - pretty ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, nexxie said:

The way Adam was smiling and keeping an eye on Tinsley, it looked like he thought they might be a better match too.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed a little chemistry between Adam and Tinsley. Hoo boy. 

4 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Sonja just had to throw in yet another Tom reference. Maybe Tom didn't say anything about her bush because like most men he does not care. Oh, they might have a preference to be sure but get real, if it's there and he's ready he's going to take it no matter what the package. Men weren't saying no to women before the razor was invented and they won't say no if every woman stopped shaving everything.

This was SO absurd and immature. Sonja is getting on my last nerve. Also she's really dumb if she did get it permanently removed. Personally, I prefer it all off, but if she's going by what's in/out, the trend is coming right back around. She's very late to this party. 

2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

You really find out what a person is capable of when you divorce them

When I was first separated, people always used to tell me "you don't really know a person until you divorce them" and for so long I was like yeah, yeah. A few years in - I'm not sure I've ever heard something so accurate. 

• Love 24
2 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Ramona treated the Mexico trip the same way she treated trying to get invited to Luann's wedding. She's gone into both situations just assuming that because of the nature of being a reality show that no matter what, an invite would be extended to her. And she got a rude awakening when that didn't happen with Luann's wedding so she basically said Fuck it with the fourth wall which is probably unnerving to the production folks.

When Ramona said "It's a group trip, so I'm going", I think even Bethenny was a little shocked.  Usually, these women are pretty good about not breaking the fourth wall.  I think Ramona was just so wrapped up in her grief/anger/frustration that she didn't realize what she was saying.

I did think, though, that could you imagine if Jill had insisted on coming on the "group trip" during Scary Island?  I can't recall if she was invited or not, but when she showed up, days later, after Kelly, Ramona basically threw her out.  

Imagine if Bethenny had locked the gate to the Punta Mita villa when Ramona showed up??    ;-)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Yes and No. Mario's business was part of his family's business so I'm not so sure Ramona would have gotten any % of that in the divorce, just what he earned/his paycheck. As for why she got the properties, he wanted the cash/money, she wanted the apartment/Hampton's house, so she had to buy him out of his 1/2 ownership of both properties. 

Yeah, I'm sorry, I should've been more specific.  What I should've asked was why is she so beat that he got (what he was entitled to) 1/2 of what she earned during the marriage, if, not if, she was, but if by law, she was entitled to the same thing?   I read how it all shook out in the article zoeysmom posted - he got the cash, she got the properties, I guess I'm stumped at why it bears mentioning as if the financial aspect of it cut so deep.   Again it's hard to tell in the word jumble that is Ramona, but it sounded like she was mad (hurt?) she'd have to give him anything.    Didn't Mario make more cash while they were together?  She can't have the business for sure, but she can have 1/2 of what he claims to have made from it during their time together.  That should be more than whatever came from Tru Renewal or... what else? don't count the wine she was doing that as they were ending.  Bravo checks, ok but was she ever cashing 7 figure Bravo checks?  Her 1/2 should be fatter.

56 minutes ago, mjstrick said:

I seriously could not love every bit of this more!  Totally co-sign! 

There's not much I hate worse than a scorched Earth type of person.  People disagree all the time, but those people that instantly take it to the lowest common denominator, they totally suck.  Ramona is absolutely one of those people.  Once she figures out your weakness/hot button, she's GOING to go there with the quickness.  I hate people like her and I have cut many out for this exact thing.  She used to be kind of funny-bitchy, but now she's just mean, hateful, psycho-bitchy.

lol!  ok well now would be the time to fully re-disclose that, depending on the messenger and clarity of the message, this is a thing, that I have, without embarrassment enjoyed from time to time.  Dorinda's toaster oven business sense read of Sonja springs to recent memory.    Not to reignite the compassion debate that was Scary Island but I also particularly enjoyed Beth (finally) losing it on Kelly after Al Sharpton and predatory gift bags. 

@ShawnaLanne I don't wanna see Ramona get any nuttier, I'm actually afraid of what that would look like considering that what we're looking at is her normal.  Plus I like Avery, the poor kid's been through enough. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

@ShawnaLanne I don't wanna see Ramona get any nuttier, I'm actually afraid of what that would look like considering that what we're looking at is her normal.  Plus I like Avery, the poor kid's been through enough. 

Avery is a good ?, so I guess I agree.  She and Vicki,  who is admittedly way worse, both did something right raising their kids 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Not to reignite the compassion debate that was Scary Island but I also particularly enjoyed Beth (finally) losing it on Kelly after Al Sharpton and predatory gift bags. 

I was a Bethenny devotee after that trip. I've used her line to Kelly many times: "Everyone sees it, and it's you. So stop. The f(*&%*g. B$@**^." I also laugh every time I watch her gleefully exclaim "The crazy came out to play!" Because Kelly was the legitimate worst. Kelly would have gotten worse from me if she kept telling me to call myself a cook and not a chef. Someone should have told her she was a moron, not a model.

That Bethenny knew how to roll with stuff. This Bethenny just seems too mired in petty grievances. I can't stand her now, but Ramona really does approach everything the wrong way. She should ignore Bethenny and be happy with cordial interactions. Instead she picks at the scab. Beth is like a feral animal - you have to wait for her to come to you or you'll get your hand bitten. She doesn't trust obvious overtures.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Yeah, I'm sorry, I should've been more specific.  What I should've asked was why is she so beat that he got (what he was entitled to) 1/2 of what she earned during the marriage, if, not if, she was, but if by law, she was entitled to the same thing?   I read how it all shook out in the article zoeysmom posted - he got the cash, she got the properties, I guess I'm stumped at why it bears mentioning as if the financial aspect of it cut so deep.   Again it's hard to tell in the word jumble that is Ramona, but it sounded like she was mad (hurt?) she'd have to give him anything.    Didn't Mario make more cash while they were together?  She can't have the business for sure, but she can have 1/2 of what he claims to have made from it during their time together.  That should be more than whatever came from Tru Renewal or... what else? don't count the wine she was doing that as they were ending.  Bravo checks, ok but was she ever cashing 7 figure Bravo checks?  Her 1/2 should be fatter.

lol!  ok well now would be the time to fully re-disclose that, depending on the messenger and clarity of the message, this is a thing, that I have, without embarrassment enjoyed from time to time.  Dorinda's toaster oven business sense read of Sonja springs to recent memory.    Not to reignite the compassion debate that was Scary Island but I also particularly enjoyed Beth (finally) losing it on Kelly after Al Sharpton and predatory gift bags. 

I get that!  I guess what bugs about Ramona and what's been going on with her is that she literally cannot disagree with anyone without immediately going  straight up vicious.  I was completely fine with the reaction of everyone to Kelly during Scary Island.  That was nuts! 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

@thesupremediva1 -- would upvote your excellent posts a dozen more times if I could.

So many fuck-offs and what-the-fucks in this episode:

Fuck off Sonja: Nobody wants to hear about your titian haired twat. Nobody. (Well, except the freak who was eye-banging your taint like a CIA-programmed manchurian candidate setting up his killshot.)

Fuck off, Carole:  The expression "wooden leg" comes from rum-drinking pirates with peg legs  (which also explains Luann's treasure chest of jewelry) so your tortured, stupid, inane pun doesn't work when applied to a piece of clothing (although you should run a business plan by Coupon Guy --"Wooden Tutu" sounds like a website for hipster clothes made of recycled pulp).  Until then, fuck off, Carole (and keep fucking off because I didn't hate that stupid dating scene as much as it deserved to be loathed.  Adam and Carole seemed almost human -- sickening freaks that they are -- stop it, Norma Rae - and no, I don't like you, I really really don't like you.)

What the fuck, Dorinda?:  Inviting people to dinner and then side-eyeing their clothes is so fucking nasty.  It's such a telling dig to try and make somone feel insecure about what they're wearing (and without having the guts to say it directly: it's sly and low -- not even a move worthy of a shiv, but one of those knives prisoners make out of plastic forks).   Dorinda's confessionals can be interesting, but on the show, she's mostly a bore to me - dull when sober,  sloppy and snake-like when mean-drunk-- for me, her only sweet spot is in happy-drunkland, where everything she says sounds like Vanessa Bayer as the metereologist on SNL.

What the Fuck, Ramona? AND Fuck off:   For making me think Hungry Eyes won this round with Bethenny (because how the hell did that happen?) It's the battle of the monsters for me -- both are repulsive and deserve each other --  but how did Ramona (her eyelashes thicker than Sonja's pre-waxed pudenda) pull that off? How did she get the editing squirrels to go meta and include her reference to the fourth wall (or fourth wooden wall as Radziwill calls it) showing Frankel has to drink as deep of the oil and vinegar as any of them?

Reluctantly, I raise my glass of separated salad dressing to the queen of monsters -- well played, Ramona! -- you keep coming from a place of Yessssss.  

lucy drunk.gif

Your Fuck Off Sonja had me howling as did the eyelash pre-waxed comment!  And gotta love the Yours, Mine and ours pic (Its HOT in here, anyone HOT?)!

I do however have a different opinion about the Bethenny/Ramona scene.  While Ramona was going on and on about how Mario basically left her limbless Bethenny looked like she was going over her shopping list in her head.  To whoever said Ramona looks like she is one moment away from needing a straight jacket (ok I am embellishing a bit) spot on.  Girl is losing her mind.

• Love 9

Tinsley never once asked that blind date guy what he did for a living, where he lives or was raised, what college did he attend, hobbies, favorite foods, ever been married, have kids or knows another language!  Instead she put a spotlight on her divorce and drinking and then made out with him, I would have done it so much better than her.  This shows me that she is not really interested in finding a husband or even a long term boyfriend. 

I have been channeling my inner Housewife, I am getting eyelash extensions (in preparation for my son's wedding, I want to see if I like them before the big day or if I should stick with glue ons) and this past Monday I did a little Botox (only my 3rd time) and the doctor and I had a conversation about the whole Housewife look and how to avoid it...Ramona's name came up and I asked the doc to steer clear of what ever the hell made her look like that, we laughed and laughed! 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Who will enlighten Dorinda, Mary Tyler Moore's show was set in Minneapolis not New York.

And will she immediately pack up and move to WI since the hat toss is the only reason she moved to NY?

• Love 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

And will she immediately pack up and move to WI since the hat toss is the only reason she moved to NY?

Since Minneapolis is in Minnesota it would be such a Dorinda thing to move to Wisconsin..........

ETA:  And who are we kidding, Dorinda would totally put her eye out trying to catch the beret!

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 24
(edited)
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I can hear you if you're loud.  I can hear you if you're wrong.  If you're both, it's over. 

LOL

13 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Or she'll stay and just hand her hat to John Amos :)

Edited by film noire
look up from your damn desk , mary - gordy's right there...
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Tinsley never once asked that blind date guy what he did for a living, where he lives or was raised, what college did he attend, hobbies, favorite foods, ever been married, have kids or knows another language!  Instead she put a spotlight on her divorce and drinking and then made out with him, I would have done it so much better than her.  This shows me that she is not really interested in finding a husband or even a long term boyfriend. 

I have been channeling my inner Housewife, I am getting eyelash extensions (in preparation for my son's wedding, I want to see if I like them before the big day or if I should stick with glue ons) and this past Monday I did a little Botox (only my 3rd time) and the doctor and I had a conversation about the whole Housewife look and how to avoid it...Ramona's name came up and I asked the doc to steer clear of what ever the hell made her look like that, we laughed and laughed! 

I think we saw about three minutes of the date.  They covered his business, where he had been traveling his birthdate, and where he business was headquartered.  Carole kept kind of inserting things into the conversation.  I am of the opinion she sealed the deal.  He seemed a little nerdy and buttoned up and loved crossing over to the cool side. 

Good call with your doctor.  They had Tamra Judge, RHOC, on WWHL two weeks post a lower face and neck lift and she looked fabulous.  She eschewed fillers claiming they left women with a cabbage doll look.  Good to know that Ramona can join Michael Jackson and Bruce Jenner (pre-transistion) as the plastic surgery no-go look.

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Tinsley never once asked that blind date guy what he did for a living, where he lives or was raised, what college did he attend, hobbies, favorite foods, ever been married, have kids or knows another language! 

Everything she found out about him was from Carole busting up the awkward silence with random facts. It reminded me of a drunker version of when Harry tried to set Sally up with Jess, and Sally tried to set Harry up with Marie. But I guess they're actually still seeing each other, so I wish them both happiness. 

32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Tinsley never once asked that blind date guy what he did for a living, where he lives or was raised, what college did he attend, hobbies, favorite foods, ever been married, have kids or knows another language! 

Everything she found out about him was from Carole busting up the awkward silence with random facts. It reminded me of a drunker version of when Harry tried to set Sally up with Jess, and Sally tried to set Harry up with Marie. But I guess they're actually still seeing each other, so I wish them both happiness. 

• Love 6

Just watching this episode 

Is Ramona auditioning for Days of Our Lives? that was a poor histrionic performance. 

The difference between Ramona and Bethenny is that Bethenny doesn't want anything to do with Ramona and is willing to be civil with her for the sake of the show. Bethenny will move on in due time just like she did with Sonja.  

Ramona OTOH refuses to acknowledge all the nasty things she has said (her prerogative) but she wants to act as if nothing ever happened and Bethenny should just move on. Ramona is not interested one iota in Bethenny, her friendship, none of that. If Bethenny would be the same poor girl of season 1, Ramona would not be interested in her at all and would not give a crap about making up.

Ramona is only interested in going to the events that Bethenny hosts, she is even pretending that she was invited when she knows she wasn't. She doesn't have anything else going on so she needs to be in as many episodes as possible, so much that she is now inviting herself and throwing shame out the window. 

• Love 22
42 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He didn't ask her any of those things either. Given that it wasn't a one on one date with people who presumably knew many of those basic facts it didn't seem at all unusual to me. That's something you cover one on one if you hit it off enough to have one. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Leroux said:

Ramona is only interested in going to the events that Bethenny hosts, she is even pretending that she was invited when she knows she wasn't.

We could probably remove the name "Bethenny" from the above sentence and replace it with anyone on the show....maybe anyone in NYC.

• Love 7

The difference between Ramona and Bethenny is that Bethenny doesn't want anything to do with Ramona and is willing to be civil with her for the sake of the show. Bethenny will move on in due time just like she did with Sonja.

There are a dozen pairs doing this for the show.  Certainly Luann and Carole.  Luann and Ramona.  Luann and Bethenny.

Bethenny just figured Ramona could do the same.  They were friendly (not friends) and now they are co-workers.  She has three pictures and one of them is her with Carole and Bethenny?  Really?  Good god these are her closest friends?  Tell me that ain't so.  What about all those women at her birthday lunches?  What about whoever she hangs with in the Hamptons cuz it's not Bethenny. We see her at B's place maybe once.

I am of the opinion that Bethenny has a real therapist and is working very hard on a number of things.  She probably made the decision that she couldn't change Ramona and it was a toxic friendship.  Therapists have you make a decision.  Stay friendly and know that she will steal clothes, make jokes about your wine, say nasty things about your relationship, diminish your accomplishments, and always be better than you.  Or you can just distance yourself and let the friendship drift apart.  Unfortunately Ramona does not see that as an option.

Ramona's statement about half of her money.  Perhaps when they totaled the assists they totaled her account, the family account, his account and the homes.  He might not have had a separate account since it was a family business?  But it feels to her like he took half her money and she didn't get half of his.  Just a guess from having lived through the divorces of nearly every friggin woman I'm friends with.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, rayndon said:

I love tights, but I think the ladies were objecting to the fact Tinz was wearing fishnet/patterned tights and I have to agree with them on that point.  Leave the lacy, patterned tights to little girls.  And, combined with Tinz' other more youthful fashion choices, I think the ladies have a point.   

Huh?  Wow I find them so sexy.  And I'd prefer it on women 20 or older.  I love the look.  

2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Writer girl should know that you shouldn't have to explain your jokes (or laugh at them )

Ha!  I laugh at my own jokes all of the time.....  It's something I find endearing about others, too.  TOTO  (To each their own?)  (Just explained something.... oh dear)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Great post!

1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

I thought she was talking about Rhoda who tried and failed to recreate Mary's hat toss.

@film noire - Love the meme and love, love, love the movie - A+ for you!

I HAVE LOST BRAVO ON MY LINEUP - OMG!  THERE ARE PODCASTS FOR RECAPS YOU SAY?  Does anyone know when seasons are posted to Hulu?  Right after the reunions or, as in the case of MTV shows, right before the new season?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I really can't tell with editing etc but it wasn't what...a hour into Tinsley date and she was practically climbing into his lap and French kissing him (as she announced she loves kissing). Don't people discuss health issues before going in deep anymore? He seemed pretty happy about it as in 'I don't have to work for this...score'. 

You sound like me when I'm watching The Bachelorette.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I think she was trying to point out to Bethenny that what Jason got (in the divorce) wasn't so bad, that it could have been worse, he could have gotten 1/2 of everything. I always got the feeling that Ramona brought more to the marriage, money wise, than Mario did and that it was her business (reselling overstock clothes/ect) and then her Bravo paycheck that allowed them to live that lifestyle, not his paycheck. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Great post!

I thought she was talking about Rhoda who tried and failed to recreate Mary's hat toss.

@film noire - Love the meme and love, love, love the movie - A+ for you!

I HAVE LOST BRAVO ON MY LINEUP - OMG!  THERE ARE PODCASTS FOR RECAPS YOU SAY?  Does anyone know when seasons are posted to Hulu?  Right after the reunions or, as in the case of MTV shows, right before the new season?

You can buy the current season on iTunes if you don't want to wait for Hulu. Last night's episode is already there.

• Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

You can watch previous seasons on Hulu, but I'd see if you can log into the Bravo Now app on a Roku, a tablet, an Apple TV, or a Chromecast. That will let you watch current episodes. They usually go up the next day. It's also one of the few apps that doesn't require you to re-register periodically.

As for podcasts, I love Watch What Crappens. There is also Bitch Sesh. When I don't watch a show, I love reading or listening to multiple perspectives on the show. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4

So wasn't the coupon guy that Tinsley went on a blind date with,  the same guy that Kate from Kate plus Eight worked for? Didn't she lose her job for not actually doing it?  He seemed nice but I always side eye people who have multiple connections to reality stars, it indicates some thirst to Mr. 

Watching Tinsley embarrassed me. All the talk about her ex,  being that little bit too tipsy, her "cute" giggles. I like her,  she seems harmless and I know she must have some substance upstairs because of her self branding,  but she comes across as a featherhead.

• Love 7
(edited)

Ramona is kind of crazy but some of things she said to Bethany at dinner are true.  Bethany is just better at making her point.  To bad someone who is better at agruing won't take on Bethany.   It would be nice to see a fair fight 

Thought Tinsley date was cute and wish the others would leave her alone about her hair.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I have always thought that there is something pervy about guys who prefer women hairless.  Maybe I'm just old, but ewww... 

I think they're just watchers of porn.  Women are shaved in porn for close ups. To think an entire generation of women (plus older) now grooms to keep up with porn stars ....... Now that creeps me out. 

• Love 22
21 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Tinsley still wears tights and Mary Janes like she is 5 years old.  This woman has a problem.  The list currently stands at:

Same Hair

Same Dirndle Dress

Same Story Line

Same Tights

Same Mary Janes

Tinsley is channeling her inner "Baby Jane" Hudson and writing a Letter To Daddy.  I hope Tins doesn't spend all that 'Family Money" on rent  for the UES apartment 'cause I see years of therapy bills calling...

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Ramona is kind of crazy but some of things she said to Bethany at dinner are true.  Bethany is just better at making her point.  To bad someone who is better at agruing won't take on Bethany.   It would be nice to see a fair fight 

Did Ramona make any salient points? They would have been salient points had they had any relationship to the argument in Berkshires. Ramona couldn't accurately recall anything she screamed about in the Berkshires. Additionally, Ramona's continual retelling of the length of her marriage to Mario means she is the world's most unreliable narrator. Ramona's points were that she was 

1. A good friend because she came to visit Bethenny as Bethenny was recovering from her fibroids--this is correct
  2. A good friend by bringing up Bethenny's 20 year old movie, its sex scenes, and Bryn--incorrect. This was shady and fucked up. Ramona had an opportunity to bring up the subject off camera and didn't.
  3. Ramona has always been a good friend to Bethenny--nope
  4. An open person who takes people as they are unlike Bethenny who is an opportunist that uses people--half true. Ramona is not an open hearted person. She is judgemental and uses people too.
  5. Merely mentioned that brands have ups and downs--not true, Ramona claimed that Skinnygirl was failing
  6. Bethenny waited to her mid to late 30s to fuck her way to success--this makes no damn sense
  7. That Bethenny only fucked guys who had money--untrue because she ended up saddled for life with Jason Hoppy. Meanwhile three of the men (Fabio, Mario, and Tom) that we know had some interest in Ramona all had money.
  8. Ramona was self made and had no help in achieving her success--Ramona borrowed $70,000 from her father to start her company. Mario's was a family business.
  9. The break up of Ramona's 30 year marriage was so much more devastating than Bethenny's marriage--Ramona was married for 22 years. I don't like playing the suffering Olympics. There were rumors of Mario's cheating all along. 

Bethenny is a jerk, but Ramona is a self-absorbed lunatic who quickly chucks her friends when she sees fit. Ramona had every opportunity to warn her Princess Sonja about that Tipsy Girl shit, but she didn't. Instead she let Sonja get ostracized for half a season and then wound Sonja up about Tom and LuAnn. Ramona is an awful friend. I wish Sonja's former intern hadn't scrubbed her ask me anything from reddit. She revealed that Ramona would come over and try to make Sonja's home and life more chaotic looking if the two of them were filming in Sonja's house. Ramona would rearrange things in Sonja's house to look sloppier. She'd move Sonja's supplements and vitamins to where Sonja's medications were to make it seem like Sonja was drugged out of her skull. The former intern didn't say that Sonja was a picnic either, but the picture she painted of Ramona is of a saboteur who would give you a back massage because you looked stressed to make it easier for Ramona to stab you in the back.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Huh?  Wow I find them so sexy.  And I'd prefer it on women 20 or older.  I love the look.  

Ha!  I laugh at my own jokes all of the time.....  It's something I find endearing about others, too.  TOTO  (To each their own?)  (Just explained something.... oh dear)

I like tights, and I like patterned tights as well. They can spiff up an outfit fairly quickly. 

As for laughing at one's jokes, I thought most people did that. I think really only stand up comics drop their punchlines then remain silent waiting for the audience to fall over laughing at it. Actually, even some comedians laugh after their punchlines. It doesn't seem all that odd to me. *shrug*

• Love 14

Ramona had every opportunity to warn her Princess Sonja about that Tipsy Girl shit, but she didn't.

I have to admit I was waiting for Bethenny to say 'If I'm such a horrible person why would you want to be my friend?'

The former intern didn't say that Sonja was a picnic either, but the picture she painted of Ramona is of a saboteur who would give you a back massage because you looked stressed to make it easier for Ramona to stab you in the back.

You know going back to the Tom Tonsil Hockey at the Regency.  Bethenny told her Miami friend that she was going to talk to just Carole about it and see what she thought.  Then we see Ramona barging in the room.  Bethenny looking exasperated and telling the two of them.  (Bethenny was on bedrest at the time) Carole looked horrified.  Ramona jumped off the bed, danced around the room laughing and clapping.  I knwo that Luann spun this to Bethenny is evil but the only evil person I saw in that room was Ramona.  She was over the moon that Luann had been humiliated.  It was one of her worse moments.

• Love 23

Now I cain't say this reflects well on me, but Ramona's tapioca-faced slow-mo implosion feels like heaven.   Dudes, it's awesome.  Like many of you, my trench mates, I've watched the great beast be intensely delusional about her dong-slinging husband, her social stature, and how well her foobs fooled sighted folk.  I've watched the dragon call a lovely young woman "deformed" and Tweet a video showing an underage idiot kid acting like an idiot, leading to her dismissal from school.  I've watched her scream at and throw a goddamned glass at another woman's face and then go for the oar, like some mythical PCP-fueled monster requiring Tazing before apprehension.   I hate her and watching her humiliation is like chocolate cake to the power of the greatest orgasm ever attained.   To quote a certain Fredo, I LOVE IT!

I actually thought Tinsley's disastrous approach to dating was a little heart-warming.  She and that man are cute together.  What can I say.  I love love.

Since I love love, I love the idea of Sonja babbling about Lost Love Five Lays In Ten Years Tom.  Ho-Nja is going to get the cobwebs beaten clean out of her one day when she pulls that shit with the wrong woman.

I passed that steakhouse today and looked inside to see if Ramona was still there, belching wine like a bigger-titted Andy Capp.  No luck.  But Royal 35 is supposed to be a good place, so thanks for the tip, Doris.  And I like you but shut your maw about other people's aesthetic choices, damn.

• Love 18

I loved this episode. Though I'm suspecting that the Bethenny and Ramona fight is just for show, it's still very believable, and I think there is some real feelings there. I thought Tinsley was a hoot on her blind date. Can you imagine how bored they would be without TInsely there? She can carry a party for sure. The guy she was set up with couldn't believe his luck. She was probably the hottest lady he has ever been hooked up with. I think she could have waxed poetic about the raging STD her ex gave her and he would still be entranced. At first I thought it was nice of Bethanny to plan such a nice trip... untill I realized it was another plug for the Skinny Girl shit.. Oh my gosh! It's a dying brand! Ramona was right, which is why she's hustling in other other areas like real estate and Shark Tank. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, crgirl412 said:

This is very, very interesting!!  Now I want to know exactly how Scott and Carole met!!

http://pagesix.com/2017/05/29/tinsley-mortimer-finds-love-with-bargain-hunter/

This takes a bit of the Real Guy shine off him: "In 2009, Kluth told Crain’s that he’s a “Real Housewives” fan, but added, “If that’s how the other half lives, I don’t want to be in it.”

29 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

and then go for the oar, like some mythical PCP-fueled monster requiring Tazing before apprehension.  

LOL

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Tinsley made that date all about her.  To me, she didn't even give a shit about who the guy was, the date just gave her a chance to run her mouth.  I wonder if Tinsley has any friends she can talk to about her life; so when she goes on a date, she doesn't have the compulsion to vomit up every sordid detail of her life.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

There were rumors of Mario's cheating all along. 

Bethenny is a jerk, but Ramona is a self-absorbed lunatic who quickly chucks her friends when she sees fit. Ramona had every opportunity to warn her Princess Sonja about that Tipsy Girl shit, but she didn't. Instead she let Sonja get ostracized for half a season and then wound Sonja up about Tom and LuAnn. Ramona is an awful friend. I wish Sonja's former intern hadn't scrubbed her ask me anything from reddit. She revealed that Ramona would come over and try to make Sonja's home and life more chaotic looking if the two of them were filming in Sonja's house. Ramona would rearrange things in Sonja's house to look sloppier. She'd move Sonja's supplements and vitamins to where Sonja's medications were to make it seem like Sonja was drugged out of her skull. The former intern didn't say that Sonja was a picnic either, but the picture she painted of Ramona is of a saboteur who would give you a back massage because you looked stressed to make it easier for Ramona to stab you in the back.

If Ramona's brother is to be believed (in the book he wrote), Ramona cheated on Mario first/multiple times throughout the marriage. Which would mean that Ramona/Mario had an open marriage long before Luann/the Count did and it was Ramona that opened that door in her marriage. LOL

If rumors are to be believed, Bethenny found out about Ramona/TG last summer which is why she was keeping Ramona at arms length at the start of filming.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If Ramona's brother is to be believed (in the book he wrote), Ramona cheated on Mario first/multiple times throughout the marriage. Which would mean that Ramona/Mario had an open marriage long before Luann/the Count did and it was Ramona that opened that door in her marriage. LOL

If rumors are to be believed, Bethenny found out about Ramona/TG last summer which is why she was keeping Ramona at arms length at the start of filming.

I didn't know anything about Ramona's brother or his book, but I found out it is titled Aspen, Snow, Blow, and Bo. No wonder Ramona loves Aspen. The powder is better.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2589048/Bohdan-Mazur-claims-Ramona-Singer-family-knew-life-crime-explosive-new-book.html

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I didn't know anything about Ramona's brother or his book, but I found out it is titled Aspen, Snow, Blow, and Bo. No wonder Ramona loves Aspen. The powder is better.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2589048/Bohdan-Mazur-claims-Ramona-Singer-family-knew-life-crime-explosive-new-book.html

LOL Aspen/powder, maybe this is why Ramona didn't join in on the John/Dorinda/coke accusations last reunion. He is such a lovely brother, I believe that 1 of their sisters is still an addict, it seems that the addiction gene in that family is strong.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

No matter how crazy Ramona is - - and she's a crazy bitch, for sure - - she is entertaining as hell.  I don't have to deal with her personally so I am gleeful watching her on this show.  Her crazy, combined with not taking any shit from Bethenny, makes it worthwhile to get up in the morning.   Only Ramona would respond to a "you're no longer invited" with a "I'm coming anyway!"  That is gold.

Tinsley should have responded to Dorinda's repeated requests to cut her hair with a "I'll cut my hair when you go for more than a week without a drop of alcohol."  Problem solved.  I generally don't mind Dorinda and I also think Tinsley would look so much better if she took a few inches (at least) off her hair but it's her head and her business.  It's far more worrying that Tinsley wears tights, Mary Janes, little girl dresses and lists "Eloise" as her favorite book.

I do look forward to seeing if Dorinda remembers to book her flight to Mexico and if she remembers to bring her luggage.  (Apologies if they already left during this episode; I fell asleep) 

Bethenny is going to assign rooms in Mexico . . . it's about time someone came up with that genius plan with this group.  Duh.  Luann did look a bit worried.  She's probably concerned that she won't get the pick of the litter, due to being a newlywed and all.  Will there be any pirates on this Mexican vacay?  Will there be a banner saying "YOU DID IT!" when they arrive?  Will Bethenny hemorrhage in a home goods store before they leave?  We need to know.

Sonja . . . either you are dense or you really will do anything to have a man looking at your vajayjay.  It's NOT normal for a business owner (male or female) to be in the room while you're getting waxed.  Did we have to know that Luann and Tinsley keep it bare?  I'd like to know Luann's reaction to that dishing of info.  Honestly, what is it with the Howives and their fascination with filming their wax jobs?  

Team Ramona!

cheerleader21.gif~c200

Bethenny tried to make some pun out of amuse bouche.

Well when the ladies go to Mexico, I want to see amooze booze

Is that Ramona standing next to Bethenny at the SKG distillery or Carole?

rhonyc-tequila.gif?w=457&h=286&crop=1

• Love 4

Ok, so Ramona is on the Love Connection.  She said that she didn't get married until she was 37.  So if she was married 30 years that makes her 67 years old.  

Oh and. I don't know if it's her tops or her boobs dropped but she is looking very matronly in the chest area.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I have to admit I was waiting for Bethenny to say 'If I'm such a horrible person why would you want to be my friend?'

But wait there's more... I believe that B asks just that next week.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Team Ramona!

cheerleader21.gif~c200

Bethenny tried to make some pun out of amuse bouche.

Well when the ladies go to Mexico, I want to see amooze booze

Is that Ramona standing next to Bethenny at the SKG distillery or Carole?

rhonyc-tequila.gif?w=457&h=286&crop=1

I count 6 hard hats. Arent there 7 housewives?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I was about to post the same thing.    Or Maybe Dorinda got confused being that Minneapolis is in flyover country and all.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, bagger said:

I count 6 hard hats. Arent there 7 housewives?

I think there might be a hard hat we don't see next to Tinsley because there looks to be a seventh shot glass coming in low and that definitely looks like Ramona.

• Love 2

I'm from Minneapolis and love Dorinda, so her thinking Mary Richards lived in Manhattan broke my heart. (We even had a statue of Mary, but the street it was on has been under construction for literally YEARS and commuting in downtown Minneapolis is a nightmare right now).

I am an astrology nerd so I loved finding out that Tinsley, Carole, and Scott are all Leos! I was only annoyed when they did the "oh no my ex was a Scorpio" stuff because astrology is about so much more than your sun sign -- everyone has a chart with all the planets and stuff. Someone either here or on TwoP analyzed Bethenny's chart and it explained a LOT.

• Love 5

I think she was just nervous.  I found the whole thing hella awkward.  I find that I'm agreeing with LuAnn's previous statement of "I'm glad I'm not having to do that anymore (the dating scene!)  IMO, it would be especially awkward to be on a first/blind date with other people.  Everybody is laughing and trying to be cool about everything, all the while walking on eggshells.  It made me uncomfortable for them!   I really didn't need to see Sonja's vagina monologue.  Some things are best kept to one's self!    

• Love 8