Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Oil And Vinegar

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Don't we all!

I get not everyone in the cast appeals to all.  REALLY I do.  I mean someone has got to like Vicki G, Ramona, Theresa G etc.  I wouldn't assume all those that do are intellectually challenged.

I agree and I apologize for my turnip remark to any and all who were offended. It was rude and uncalled for and I truly am sorry.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I agree and I apologize for my turnip remark to any and all who were offended. It was rude and uncalled for and I truly am sorry.

No problem!  I admit I was a tad offended but then I had fun with it.  I am a bit bitey today that has nothing to do with this wonderful land O'snark so I chalk that up to real life invading my 'safe space'.  Carry on Ki-in!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

$4000 is not a small amount no matter how rich that person is or how rich his/her partner is.  I don't find it a waste of time or energy if that landlord was in the wrong.  Rich people don't stay rich by giving money away or walking away from money owed.  Would you toss $4K in the trash just because your account had a lot of money?  I sure wouldn't.  Its like saying no rich person should ever sue anyone because why waste the courts time?  They aren't going to starve.  

Exactly!

I've been sitting back wondering....am I the only one who watches Judge Judy?

200.gif

Each time a tenant is suing their former landlord who kept their security & deposit. Judge Judy asks for pictures of the apartment before and after. She also wants receipts showing what had to be done to fix the apartment. If there was a walk through with the tenant.

Carole said the former landlord didn't show up in court and Adam won by default. That tells me the management firm had no documentation to show they withheld the money for valid reasons

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Some folks were proud when they got a great deal on bologna at Kroger

I know what that is!  My husband is from the Midwest. 

I know, sometimes you just want a win.  My time is also valuable though. So it's like, how much do I want x amount of money and is all the time and inconvenience really worth it? And if I win--will it matter in any real way??  I get what you're saying though.

I definitely can see why ADAM would want to go to court and get his cash back. I just would think Carole could find something more productive to do with her time, like fix up her gross apartment.

as far as jury duty--I served once and I hated it. I got to deliberate and it was very somber because we were deciding whether some lady would go to jail or not. We found her guilty and I do believe she was guilty based on the evidence. But then we got to all go home and she had to go to jail. We totally changed her life.  Although I think it was the right decision, it's wasn't something fun or anything to take lightly. I dread  jury duty now because of that.  It's not a television show. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Glad to know my intellect doesn't rise to the level of a root vegetable.

As a bunny I eat root vegetables like carrots. Does it help to know, we're on the same level? I won't be pulling any Kelly moves

kelly-bethenny-fight-o.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly!

I've been sitting back wondering....am I the only one who watches Judge Judy?

200.gif

Each time a tenant is suing their former landlord who kept their security & deposit. Judge Judy asks for pictures of the apartment before and after. She also wants receipts showing what had to be done to fix the apartment. If there was a walk through with the tenant.

Carole said the former landlord didn't show up in court and Adam won by default. That tells me the management firm had no documentation to show they withheld the money for valid reasons

Um NO!  I love me some Judge Judy!  Its hilarious and quite informative!

4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

As a bunny I eat root vegetables like carrots. Does it help to know, we're on the same level? I won't be pulling any Kelly moves

kelly-bethenny-fight-o.gif

Kung Fu Bunny you will always be heads and tails above me!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

I thought it was all part of the snark fest which gave me the giggles and didn't find it offensive.

giphy.gif

• Love 8

Mostlurking, I do agree about serving on a jury. As I've said on another site, I served on a death penalty case. We were sequestered for almost a week, hours away from our families and sat through a horrific trial. We found the man guilty but couldn't find for a death penalty because we couldn't find the intent to murder. We all wished we could but per the judge's instructions and 13 questions we had to answer "yes" to, we got stuck on just one on which we all agreed we had to answer "no". It was the most angst inducing thing I've ever been through and hope to never experience again. There's a lot more involved than I've just told you but have to say, it was 20 years ago and I still remember every moment of that experience. I hope I never have to serve on another jury again although I would because that's my civic duty and honor to be able to do that in my country.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Where is the apology to turnips????  They are really quite intelligent vegetables, you know! 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

$4000 is not a small amount no matter how rich that person is or how rich his/her partner is.  I don't find it a waste of time or energy if that landlord was in the wrong.  Rich people don't stay rich by giving money away or walking away from money owed.  Would you toss $4K in the trash just because your account had a lot of money?  I sure wouldn't.  Its like saying no rich person should ever sue anyone because why waste the courts time?  They aren't going to starve.  

On Beverly Hills, they were all weirded out when Eden bought Erika Jayne a ring that they thought was $2,000. Those are some rich bitches and even they thought it was a lot to spend. It turned out to be the equivalent of about a $150, which they thought was more reasonable.

Some folks here have got some money. Not me though. Feel free to invite me over to take a dip in your money bin.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think she was kidding. I don't think she actually believes that what she did is as significant as fighting a long battle for workers rights. When I call myself Mother Teresa for tending to my husband when he has the flu, I don't actually believe that heating up chicken noodle soup is the same as tending to leprosy victims in Calcutta. 

If your husband whines like mine does then you're not far off.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Made. My. Day. I love these two people, and remember this exact show well. I fell in love with him at the age of 10, thinking he was the perfect man. 

Ha!!!!! Me too! Well I might have been a little older but my obsession was such thatvmy mother worried about my attraction to "old" men. What a head of hair on him!

• Love 4
On 7/17/2017 at 2:59 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Breezy, don't even know if my question will make sense since latisse is eye medicine and technically its side effect is longer lashes.  but did you experience any of the side effects of the latisse.  Like - if you stop taking it will all your lashes fall out?

I haven't stopped taking it so I can't answer that question.

There have also been some issues regarding an increase in brown pigmentation in the iris with these types of medications.  I have blue eyes and haven't experienced that at all after two years.

I think with any medication, there can be side effects.  Fortunately, I didn't experienced any of them.  I went from bimatprost (latisse) to latanoprost (a similar med) with no problem but with the same side effect of eyelash growth.  The thing that really gets me is that my prescription drops are covered by insurance and a bottle lasts me about two months.  It costs about $7.  From what I see on the internet, Latisse is way more expensive. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I haven't stopped taking it so I can't answer that question.

There have also been some issues regarding an increase in brown pigmentation in the iris with these types of medications.  I have blue eyes and haven't experienced that at all after two years.

I think with any medication, there can be side effects.  Fortunately, I didn't experienced any of them.  I went from bimatprost (latisse) to latanoprost (a similar med) with no problem but with the same side effect of eyelash growth.  The thing that really gets me is that my prescription drops are covered by insurance and a bottle lasts me about two months.  It costs about $7.  From what I see on the internet, Latisse is way more expensive. 

Have you noticed any change in the color of your iris Breezy? I wonder if that concern is overblown a bit, or if it actually happens regularly.

ETA: Sheesh, you said you haven't noticed any change. What the hell is wrong with me!? Sorry! (Canadian!)

Edited by Jel
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think she was kidding. I don't think she actually believes that what she did is as significant as fighting a long battle for workers rights. When I call myself Mother Teresa for tending to my husband when he has the flu, I don't actually believe that heating up chicken noodle soup is the same as tending to leprosy victims in Calcutta. 

Of course she was kidding, come on!  And I find the outrage very disingenuous. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Have you noticed any change in the color of your iris Breezy? I wonder if that concern is overblown a bit, or if it actually happens regularly.

ETA: Sheesh, you said you haven't noticed any change. What the hell is wrong with me!? Sorry! (Canadian!)

Nope.   No  color change.  As a matter of fact, we were with some old friends this past weekend and we had a chuckle when I took off my sun glasses because she said that my eyes were such a beautiful color... but don't read into it.   It was so funny.  We all had a couple of beverages at that point.

I'm not recommending it.  I'm just relaying my experience.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am a little bummed. I don't think of myself as particularly intellectual, but I had hoped for smarter than something that grows in the ground. 

NM. I made a snarky comment about my turnip intellect and it didn't reach the level of funny that I wanted it to. 

Edited by diadochokinesis
  • Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:49 AM, Duke2801 said:

Yeah I am with you tights-lovers.  I am 42 and will never give up my dark tights in the wintertime--never I say!

I'm 48, and SAME HERE!!!  tights w/the same color shoes give you legs for days!!!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I know what that is!  My husband is from the Midwest. 

I know, sometimes you just want a win.  My time is also valuable though. So it's like, how much do I want x amount of money and is all the time and inconvenience really worth it? And if I win--will it matter in any real way??  I get what you're saying though.

I definitely can see why ADAM would want to go to court and get his cash back. I just would think Carole could find something more productive to do with her time, like fix up her gross apartment.

as far as jury duty--I served once and I hated it. I got to deliberate and it was very somber because we were deciding whether some lady would go to jail or not. We found her guilty and I do believe she was guilty based on the evidence. But then we got to all go home and she had to go to jail. We totally changed her life.  Although I think it was the right decision, it's wasn't something fun or anything to take lightly. I dread  jury duty now because of that.  It's not a television show. 

Just remember, you didn't totally change her life - she did that herself by committing a crime.  Feel sorry for the victim of her crime.

I think many landlords figure tenants won't sue for the deposit, or won't be able to keep coming to court due to inability to take time off form work for multiple court appearances.  I applaud Adam for standing up for himself, and Carole for helping. What else does she have to do during the day?  She doesn't have a 9-5 job.

• Love 4
On 7/18/2017 at 4:05 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe she doesn't want to write any longer. Maybe she has writer's block? I've no talent for writing, but have heard others talk about the fact that it isn't as easy as just sitting down and cranking out beautiful words or a work of literary art. Any writers on the forum to verify that? Can one just sit down, decide they are going to do it and like magic it happens every time? Does the fact that it doesn't work like that for everyone mean that there was no talent there to begin with? Any folks with real talent who only had one book in them? My assumption is that there are a lot of talented writers who didn't have one great work get published. Lots of people do things. Great things. Important things. Meaningful things. Things that meant a lot and that they were good at. And then they decide not to do them anymore. Lawyers who give up the law, Teachers who don't want to teach. It isn't that strange for someone to decide to move away from the thing they once did. Is it? 

I was listening to an interview with John Grisham the other day, and he gave advice that I've heard lots of writers give: You have to do it every day, even if you don't want to.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I was listening to an interview with John Grisham the other day, and he gave advice that I've heard lots of writers give: You have to do it every day, even if you don't want to.

The thing to me though is that Carole isn't a writer like John Grisham. Her first book was a memoir. Her second book, while fiction, was basically her life as a young widow. That would be like getting mad at Oprah for not writing a new memoir every year. Some people set out to be writers and publish every year. Others might write 1-2 books about something deeply personal to them and then move on. Just because you chose to do something once or twice in your life doesn't mean that you are stuck doing that for the rest of your life. 

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:48 PM, Atlanta said:

Dorinda has an ugly hairstyle. She's got no room to talk.

Well it is SHORT which is much more becoming than all those "wannabe young" broads who don't get it cut to a reasonable length and get rid of the inserts (I forget what you call them --- I'm old).  I kind of like Dorinda's style, it seems to suit HER, if not the others.   Maybe they should all take a lesson from Mrs. D'Agostino, as she usually looks great.

• Love 3

I would accept the Carole only had one tale to tell blah blah blah but she went on and on and on the first few seasons about being a writer and her craft and how important it was to her. It made it seem like she wrote everyday rain or shine.  To me it makes her even more of a bitch about the way she treated Aviva (batshit crazy to be sure) when she was asking her about writing. I really do think Carole had a ghostwriter and isn't very good at writing at all.

Grishamn has said what other writers have said as well, you write everyday.

Daily word count of some famous authors. It's small but if you open in another tab you can read the authors' comments about writing

https://writerswrite.co.za/the-daily-word-counts-of-39-famous-authors-1/

• Love 2

I just had to pop in and say (in reference to the title and Ramona's continual verbal struggles) - I'm watching the old seasons on Hulu and there's a scene where Ramona is talking about how Bethenny and Kelly just can't get along and she describes them as being "like salt and water....like vinegar and oil". 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

The thing to me though is that Carole isn't a writer like John Grisham. Her first book was a memoir. Her second book, while fiction, was basically her life as a young widow. That would be like getting mad at Oprah for not writing a new memoir every year. Some people set out to be writers and publish every year. Others might write 1-2 books about something deeply personal to them and then move on. Just because you chose to do something once or twice in your life doesn't mean that you are stuck doing that for the rest of your life. 

When Carole was talking about Adam's court case, Bethenny mentioned that Carole loves to dig into the details. Carole kept talking about building a narrative for the case. It dawned on me that Carole is a TV producer. She was unconsciously producing Adam's court case. She really needs to get back to that. It would be great if she could volunteer with an organization that helps people use social media for journalism in remote parts of the world. I think she is a decent producer and could be great working with marginalized people.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I would accept the Carole only had one tale to tell blah blah blah but she went on and on and on the first few seasons about being a writer and her craft and how important it was to her. It made it seem like she wrote everyday rain or shine.  To me it makes her even more of a bitch about the way she treated Aviva (batshit crazy to be sure) when she was asking her about writing. I really do think Carole had a ghostwriter and isn't very good at writing at all.

Grishamn has said what other writers have said as well, you write everyday.

Daily word count of some famous authors. It's small but if you open in another tab you can read the authors' comments about writing

https://writerswrite.co.za/the-daily-word-counts-of-39-famous-authors-1/

And she lists herself as "author" on social media, so I think she considers it part of her ongoing identity.

Rice does 3K words a day? Insane.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

When Carole was talking about Adam's court case, Bethenny mentioned that Carole loves to dig into the details. Carole kept talking about building a narrative for the case. It dawned on me that Carole is a TV producer. She was unconsciously producing Adam's court case. She really needs to get back to that. It would be great if she could volunteer with an organization that helps people use social media for journalism in remote parts of the world. I think she is a decent producer and could be great working with marginalized people.

If that's the case, maybe she could look into VICE/Viceland as a guest contributor. But then, if she really wanted to be back in that world, she'd be in it already.  I don't think she has much drive or ambition these days.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

I don't think she has much drive or ambition these days.

Yeah-- I think the show fills her days (enough of the year) for her to feel free to treat the rest as playtime -- and maybe she tells herself when this gig is done, she'll write a book about it.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, film noire said:

And she lists herself as "author" on social media, so I think she considers it part of her ongoing identity.

Rice does 3K words a day? Insane.

I think it is pretty standard practice to call yourself an "author" if you are one. Just a quick peak at social media for others shows they do the same. Even people like LVP and Kyle Richards, who have little that has been read by anyone, refer to themselves as "author" on social media. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think it is pretty standard practice to call yourself an "author" if you are one. Just a quick peak at social media for others shows they do the same. Even people like LVP and Kyle Richards, who have little that has been read by anyone, refer to themselves as "author" on social media. 

I think there is (or maybe should be) a distinction between the kind of person who has another career (or in Kyle's case was a SAHM) and writes one book, and a "writer" who writes for a living.  Carole doesn't really write for a living, she did her memoir, seems to have decided on book 2 because she could promote it on RH, and in the past she did a series of one pager interviews for a magazine.  Yeah, they are all "authors" but they aren't Grisham, King et al who are authors for a living.

So the RH should be able to say they authored a book (well, for most of them had one ghost written!), but they shouldn't say their profession is "author."

23 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Interestingly, that's also what a good lawyer does for any trial - create a compelling narrative for the jury/judge.