Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Oil And Vinegar

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I loved it when Ramona said, "Bethenny, it's not always about YOU."  LOL, it's about Ramona, doesn't Bethenny get that?

But seriously, Bethenny DOES think everything is about her...and so does Ramona, they're perfect together.

And I can't believe Bethenny actually said, "What bad things have I said?" or something.  Does Bethenny remember telling Luann, "You fuck EVERYBODY."  Bethenny couldn't last a day without being a nasty witch.

I would need to go back and rewatch but I think Ramona's statement was about the Berkshires incident so Bethenny responded specifically about the Berkshires incident. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

Tinsley on a date sure is....something. Pretty sure if you make out with a guy a couple of hours in, he'll forgive most things though. 

Why is Dorinda incapable of packing for a trip successfully? 

I have to make lists when I pack.  I've forgotten pajamas (luckily, I'm married so I just stole my husband's t-shirt), a kid's nighttime diapers, toothbrush...  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I have to make lists when I pack.  I've forgotten pajamas (luckily, I'm married so I just stole my husband's t-shirt), a kid's nighttime diapers, toothbrush...  

I've forgotten socks and underwear. Left them right on my bed and they were waiting for me when I returned from my trip. Whoops! 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Box305 said:

I love how Ramona said she was married for 30 years. First, it was 17 then 20, then 25 now 30. Soon it will be 50. *snort* 

Yes, but she is only 40!!!  She got married when she was but a mere dream of her parents. 

What is she going to do as Avery continues to get older and makes Ramona face the reality that she is not a spring chicken?

• Love 18
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love Ramona. I think she is having a nervous breakdown trying to portray one thing to the cameras while her reality is totally different

I find her very funny too. 

Did she say she gave Mario half or was I hearing things?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I have no problem with 'tights'.  Its freaken NY in the wintertime.  It's cold.  I'm on board.  Call them what you will.  But I'd be wearing them.  And they can be very sexy.

Dorinda came off as the hosiery police.  I don't get why she thinks her style is so fabulous-they are only brands.  Case in point the nightmare dress she wore to Tom and Luann's meet and greet.  Dorinda would definitely no fit in on RHOBH or RHOC-they all seem to have long hair on those franchises. 

Carole giving dating conversation advice?  I guess she learned after Luann fixed her up and she discussed faking orgasms with the nice looking working actor. 

• Love 11

I can't stand Ramona, but I am worried for her she is coming unhinged. I saw a few older episodes and while I still didn't like her she was tolerable.

Tinsly's date, I was cringing the whole time. that guy was a good sport though. I think Carole genuinely wants to be a friend to Tinsley and help her. Interesting because I have never been Crazy about her. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ticklemepink said:

Dorinda's Lyceum-Museum comment is why I just cannot quit her. 

Dorinda should know, you find most of those women on the upper east side. Some UWS.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Reppiks2897 said:

I don't think Tinsley ever matured after 16.  Watching her on the date was just embarassing! The hair flipping, giggling, high pitched screaching, bouncing up and down in her chair clapping. How could anyone take her serious, how could Carole think that Scott would want to settle down with that! Ugh too much!

My sixteen year old is way more dignified than that.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, Reppiks2897 said:

I don't think Tinsley ever matured after 16.  Watching her on the date was just embarassing! The hair flipping, giggling, high pitched screaching, bouncing up and down in her chair clapping. How could anyone take her serious, how could Carole think that Scott would want to settle down with that! Ugh too much!

Something must have clicked because they are still together. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

N9, she just calls them a pedophile for dating a younger man,  it's okay if you just sleep with then once,  and she lords over the other women because she has a husband and they don't, and she,  demands special treatment because she was married....  LuAnne is a real lady.

I thought she felt protective of her niece. Even though they were broken up, it may of been irrational but those things often are.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I love these tv references so I need to ask what you mean by this!  Please fill me in?

The amuse bouche/my bouche is amused variation has been used by Chandler when he compliments Monica's snacks and by Rory when she's stuck at a dinner with gross Mitchum Hunzberger. That being said I wish I could afford to go to more restaurants that serve amuse bouches! 

• Love 8

Did Sonja get all her pubic hair permently removed?  Talk about Late to the party.  Again.   More women are getting away from the total bald look which was trendy 10 years ago. Hipsters started bringing back a little more of the natural look or at least leaving some. Do mature men of sonja's age really like the look of a mature woman with a prepubescent crotch?

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Did Sonja get all her pubic hair permently removed?  Talk about Late to the party.  Again.   More women are getting away from the total bald look which was trendy 10 years ago. Hipsters started bringing back a little more of the natural look or at least leaving some. Do mature men of sonja's age really like the look of a mature woman with a prepubescent crotch?

I would bet it's more like a "prepubescent style" crotch that looks like Grandma Wrinkles.

• Love 24

What a throwaway episode. Honest to god. Beth trying to have a private conversation, at a table full of their friends and heaven forbid one look at them..idiot.

Ramona with the scrunchy face, talking nonsense, those two are more alike, than not! Its all about both of them, and only them..

Second half was tipsy Tinsley and goofy Carole( with Sonja's brows btw) Carole talking marriage, Tinsley talking gibberish.

I'm glad Ramona is going on the trip, who knew she would go, other than tptb! I sure did..we have to have silly room drama...

Sonja and the hair removal , stupid! She's stupid! 

28 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I didn't call her a "lady", LOL, I said she acted like an adult. She gets past insults/fights and keeps on going. As for her "lording over the other women" that she is "married", she is still a newlywed! When the ski trip was filmed, she had only been married a couple of months and every single newlywed I have ever met, still has stars in their eyes for the first year, let alone after only 2 months. LOL Asking for a "nicer bedroom" was idiotic though and once again, she just moved past it. She didn't keep harping on it until someone gave her their bedroom like Ramona/Sonja did to Dorinda. Oh, and she was wrong to call Carole a pedophile and she did apologize to her for it at Ramona's Christmas party and they both moved on from it. Sooooo, once again, she acted like an adult. 

Compared to the rest of them, Lu has more class in her little finger! 

• Love 22
48 minutes ago, Muffyn said:

Ramona was full on crazy-eyed when talking at Betheny.  She is like a cartoon. I always worry her eyes are going to pop out of her head and roll away. 

LOL and plop into Beth's lemon lipped mouth.:) 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny did this last season in the Berkshires when she slid up to Ramona after calling Luann a slut/whore! No one is allowed to listen to Bethenny when she is talking to just 1 person, even when they are sitting right next to her. She is full of shite! 

Ramona said that she had been married "30 years", she/Mario were only married 20 years, she added 10 years on! LOL

Luann acts like an adult, she doesn't throw temper tantrums, call others slut/whore or refuse to work with them unlike her co-worker Bethenny who has to have things her way all the time. 

Ramona may be on the outs with Bravo after the way she handled the Mexico trip. Usually the hws at least pretend that there's a hostess and they have to be invited along. That way one of the women is in charge of housing, activities etc. and it's not Bravo obviously manipulating story. Ramona basically said "fuck that!", you're not going to invite me, its a group trip and I'm coming. May have been the wrong play. She's such a train wreck at this point. This week she extended her marriage to Mario by ten years and last week she referred to everyone as women in their 40's with babies and careers. HAHAHAHAHA! Ramona you're 60 your baby is 20 you have no career except acting like a lunatic on a reality show and it's a miracle you're marriage lasted as long as it did which was 20 years.

It was really nice of Carole to fix Tinsley up with Scott. He seemed like a nice hardworking guy. As far as the way Tinsley behaved, eh. Can't hate on her. The group was laughing and having a good time and Scott seemed to like her. Carole and Tinsley both looked good.

Looking forward to next week to see Bethenny do business, Sonya get smashed and Ramona get all stompey feet while sunburnt.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I see Dorinda is already drinking....Manhattan?

Manhattan / Minneapolis? LOL!!!

My first thought was that Dorinda must have also drank as a child to not know that Mary Richards was in Minneapolis, not Manhattan. And had she realized this as a child, would she have moved to Minneapolis as an adult? And would she have kept better, like Rhoda? So many questions from that one stupid statement. 

Tinsley's date seemed like a nice guy. 

Spoiler

It seems like he is the guy she is currently dating. I hope he helps her to move on from her exes. 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, zulualpha said:

Ramona may be on the outs with Bravo after the way she handled the Mexico trip. Usually the hws at least pretend that there's a hostess and they have to be invited along. That way one of the women is in charge of housing, activities etc. and it's not Bravo obviously manipulating story. Ramona basically said "fuck that!", you're not going to invite me, its a group trip and I'm coming. May have been the wrong play. She's such a train wreck at this point. This week she extended her marriage to Mario by ten years and last week she referred to everyone as women in their 40's with babies and careers. HAHAHAHAHA! Ramona you're 60 your baby is 20 you have no career except acting like a lunatic on a reality show and it's a miracle you're marriage lasted as long as it did which was 20 years.

It was really nice of Carole to fix Tinsley up with Scott. He seemed like a nice hardworking guy. As far as the way Tinsley behaved, eh. Can't hate on her. The group was laughing and having a good time and Scott seemed to like her. Carole and Tinsley both looked good.

Looking forward to next week to see Bethenny do business, Sonya get smashed and Ramona get all stompey feet while sunburnt.

I agree, Ramona may have put her HW job in jeopardy by breaking the 4th wall! LOL She is coming across as if she is on something, a med perhaps where the dosage needs adjusted, she is unhinged this season. 

I wonder exactly how much of Bethenny "doing business" with her partners we will really see/hear. I just can't see any of her real partners agreeing to be on this show in light of how these women behave when they travel! LOL

• Love 14
(edited)

I had the same thing with LOL that Bethenny does. I'd read it and think, "Really? You laughed out loud after saying 'I need lunch' or whatever?" But I realize that I now use it all the time, mostly because I post more frequently on these boards and I text more than I used to, and it's a quick way to indicate that you intend your statement to be lighthearted, funny, silly, etc. But now? I think I'll use it all the time just to spite Bethenny. I had an English muffin this morning. LOL! And then I had coffee. It was good. LOL. How about them SF Giants? LOL. (Actually they kinda deserve an LOL this season, but I digress.)

Count me in with those NEVER needing to see treatments of ANY kind on these shows. I never need to see burning skin or hear conversations about the beauty of Sonja's, er, extra hair or see people standing around watching said treatments. Makeup? Sure. Regular facials? I guess. Cryotherapy? Why not, it's kinda funny and you don't really see anything. But cupping, hair removal, laser, microdermabrasion, surgery, zit zapping, cellulite removal, enemas, etc? Heck to the naw. Why do they show it? It's not  interesting. It's far from sexy. It's just painful for the viewers and leaves you feeling like they just want to humiliate the person.

I don't really care how long Tinsley's hair is (I may be the party of one who think it suits her). Or how long ANYONE'S hair is. But Dorinda's lyceum/museum joke reminds me of an old Mad Magazine comic my mom saw as a kid and still talks about to this day. Man sees a shapely woman with long, flowing hair walk by. He follows her. He finally taps on her shoulder (or something), she turns around, and she's a very wrinkly septuagenarian. (Admittedly this loses something in written form. LOL*

BTW how long was Sonja waiting to use that "Tins-Me" line? Here comes a perceived slight... let me bust out my overprocessed insult! LOL*

Edited by ivygirl
Had to add enemas to the list of things I'm happy to never watch
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I had the same thing with LOL that Bethenny does. I'd read it and think, "Really? You laughed out loud after saying 'I need lunch' or whatever?" But I realize that I now use it all the time, mostly because I post more frequently on these boards and I text more than I used to, and it's a quick way to indicate that you intend your statement to be lighthearted, funny, silly, etc. But now? I think I'll use it all the time just to spite Bethenny. I had an English muffin this morning. LOL! And then I had coffee. It was good. LOL. How about them SF Giants? LOL. (Actually they kinda deserve an LOL this season, but I digress.)

Count me in with those NEVER needing to see treatments of ANY kind on these shows. I never need to see burning skin or hear conversations about the beauty of Sonja's, er, extra hair or see people standing around watching said treatments. Makeup? Sure. Regular facials? I guess. Cryotherapy? Why not, it's kinda funny and you don't really see anything. But cupping, hair removal, laser, microdermabrasion, surgery, zit zapping, cellulite removal, etc? Heck to the naw. Why do they show it? It's not  interesting. It's far from sexy. It's just painful for the viewers and leaves you feeling like they just want to humiliate the person.

I don't really care how long Tinsley's hair is (I may be the party of one who think it suits her). Or how long ANYONE'S hair is. But Dorinda's lyceum/museum joke reminds me of an old Mad Magazine comic my mom saw as a kid and still talks about to this day. Man sees a shapely woman with long, flowing hair walk by. He follows her. He finally taps on her shoulder (or something), she turns around, and she's a very wrinkly septuagenarian. 

BTW how long was Sonja waiting to use that "Tins-Me" line? Here comes a perceived slight... let me bust out my overprocessed insult! LOL*

I have to wonder if they get whatever procedure comped/free for having it filmed for the show? LOL

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Lemons said:

She said she wanted to leave at least a strip because she liked it and said she was getting the underside done.

It was Adam not Scott who made certain that Tinsley put her ring away. It's the liveliest I have ever seen him.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She said she wanted to leave at least a strip because she liked it and said she was getting the underside done.

It was Adam not Scott who made certain that Tinsley put her ring away. It's the liveliest I have ever seen him.

I don't know how far I should go with this but I didn't understand what she meant by underside. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I don't know how far I should go with this but I didn't understand what she meant by underside. 

She meant her perineum but since she probably doesn't know that word she meant her taint.

• Love 9

I'm not surprised if it's true that Scott and Tinsley are still dating. Scott admitted that he was a computer nerd and maybe he had a hard time dating in high school and college. Tinsley and her rather juvenile mannerisms probably make him feel like he's back in high school -- except this time, he gets to date the pretty socialite.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

How much is going to cost for an Uber to Mexico? 

Took me a minute MartiniGirl!  Dorinda nearly forgot to pack her bathing suit, so that would have been a HELLUVA Uber fare! 

7 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Bethenny essentially yelling at Tinsley, "STOP EAVESDROPPING ON THIS CONVERSATION I'M FILMING FOR A REALITY SHOW" had me rolling.

Or even better when she added "What do you want, a microphone?"  Playing up to the "Fourth wall" much, Beth?

• Love 8
(edited)

Bethenny and Ramona could never/will never be friends.... they look at each other and dislike the narcissism they see. A narcissist will never give them all the attention they need!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 11

At the end ... was it Ramona standing next to Bethenny when the ladies were having shots?   Does that mean Ramona went to the special tequila day that she wasn't invited to?  

• Love 6

First thought when I woke up this morning was that I would have smacked Ramona if I were B when she started asking for respect. Is she nuts? Just because you're older doesn't mean you automatically get respect. Show some you might get some. So irritated with this episode.

• Love 18

Once I got past the awfulness of Ramona's odd figure (the implants) when she was "exercising", I realized how much better she looks with her hair messily pulled back and way less makeup.  Especially less eye makeup.  Why must she make herself up to resemble a drag queen?  And this is no insult to drag queens.  

Also, my husband, who was trying to compose an email, looked up and remarked how skeletal Bethanny's arms were; I can't remember if it was in a talking head or someplace else.  I think Bethanny's hair looks great, her makeup always looks good.  But she is truly skeletal.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I see Luann has packed all of her Wilma Flintstone rock jewelry.

As much as I love Luann and her sense of style this comment cracked me up.

Ramona really is bat shit crazy.  Maybe the ratings g-ds will smile down on Mexico and turn it into Scary Island part II.

• Love 21

I find her very funny too. 

Did she say she gave Mario half or was I hearing things?

She said something before about Bethenny's divorce taking so long that she and Mario just split everything 50/50 and it was done.  And after 80 years of marriage I think 50/50 is fine.  I'm surprised she said that but it must be something that weights on her.  

• Love 24

I love the lyceum to museum line -- meaning high school to museum -- never heard that one before.  I've had that experience a lot especially in older women packed into tight jeans and maybe a bedazzled denim jacket or some such look. The long hair will fool you for a second from behind and then you see the front and its shudder. Props to Dorinda.   I thought the date was hilarious in terms of Tinsley's violating two rudimentary taboos in the first few minutes (i.e. the ex and drinking) -- she is a mess but I find her amusing and commend Carole (if the fix up was bona fide) for her effort.  Please keep up the hair grooming commentary -- enlightening!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, TexasGal said:

They both drink Tee-toe's!  It's a love connection!!  <eye roll>

Is it odd to drink Tito's in not-Texas?

It's really big outside of Texas now. It's the only vodka we buy, and we're in Virginia. I think I also heard them order it on Southern Charm. Your little ol' Tito's vodka is really good, Texas Girl! 

• Love 12

What exactly does Ramona do? Didn't she own her own company when the series started? Something about selling excess stock to stores? Does she not have that business anymore? I always wanted to know how she could have afforded that Hamptons home before she married Mario. I believe that is what i heard her say one time. She bought the house before her marriage.

Tinsley, Ramona and Sonja all need to see a hairstylist. Several inches need to be cut off their hair. Bethenney's hair looked bad at the steakhouse dinner. Not liking the bangs. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, cincivic said:

Bethenney's hair looked bad at the steakhouse dinner. Not liking the bangs. 

I'm liking it longer as it is now.  There was so much about that short shag that looked bad, the bangs, the thinning sides, the flat iron finishing.  I just wanted to write her a nice note and say your hairdresser doesn't like you.  I do wonder if some of it was due to a hair loss.  I know folks with endocrine issues and surgeries often have hair loss.  

• Love 7