Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

It’s FaceApp.  It takes 5 seconds and no I’m not sitting here spending all day photoshopping Duggars. I’ve FaceApped several of them because I can see lots of similarities in the siblings. They’re all full siblings so they have to either look like Michelle and her side or Jim Bob and his side. Switching the genders really highlights how much they favor to me. YMMV. And glitches or kinks you find in the system would have to be taken up with the fine folks  who created this entertaining nugget of AI. 

I would love to see all of them as males and all of them as females in a grid! That would really highlight it!

• Love 11

I had to look up the children by birth order so see where this one fit  in.  So this is the next to youngest son. I can remember the older ones, and I can remember the younger girls but not all the boys in the middle. I remember the youngest boy Jackson because he used to hang around the youngest girls. I thought maybe Justin fell in the orchestra pit, but that was Jason. "There's a Justin?" is right.

• Love 6
On 5/25/2020 at 8:21 AM, Churchhoney said:

Ah, yes. A legislator whose only keyboard is an electric-piano keyboard.... 

On 5/25/2020 at 8:17 AM, crazy8s said:

he also posted this today

"Today, the United States stands as a beacon of liberty and democratic strength before the community of nations. We are resolved to stand firm against those who would destroy the freedoms we cherish. We are determined to achieve an enduring peace—a peace with liberty and with honor. This determination, this resolve, is the highest tribute we can pay to the many who have fallen in the service of our Nation." Ronald Reagan May 25, 1981\"

he has no real thoughts - just reposts. from others. so he is deep in the duggar ways

jed 2.jpg

That's a powerful message for the son of a family that hides their cowardly eyes from women in short skirts and denies freedom to their 30-something "children."

• Love 18

As I wonder What the heck is this 17-year-old kid doing??!! I have to remind myself that if these people want to date someone,  they have to marry them first. Then, a couple of months after the honeymoon, they can start having occasional "date nights."

Talk about a recipe for disordered thinking. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Are the Spiveys wealthy.

The Vuolos appear to be middle class or even lower middle class. They live in a 3bd, 1.5bth home, in PA, that they bought for $197,000, in 2002. Where is the idea they're wealthy coming from?

They're certainly not lower middle class. The house in PA sounds fine for a family with 3 kids. I think it's Jeremy blueblooded-taste. 

Claire's dad (Mr. Spivey) owns a construction business. It's hard to say if they're wealthy, it depends on  how much the business is real and how the business is doing. 

Edited by Temperance

Who doesn't own a place that wasn't given to them by JB and Meech? Josiah and Lauren are the only couple renting, correct?

Yes I know Jed! and Jer but I don't count those two and their "bachelor pad".

Jason did buy a house when he was 17. If Justin moves to Texas that is going to fuel more speculation about him being a problem child they needed to get rid of. 

• Love 1

Does anybody have an idea how real the construction business owned by Claire's is? Mr. Swanson had a lawncare business and side ministry. I pegged him right away as someone who dabbled in lawn care. He eventually left his business, (and family farm?) to pursue his dream of marrying his oldest daughter to a Duggar boy. He now has an LLC set up by JB and lives in Arkansas with his family. I'm wondering if Mr. Spivey is the new Dwain Swanson. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

yes - they have pronounced it that way on TV many times. it's just their name for him like Justin is Juddy, Josiah is Siah, Jason is Jase etc

Jer - Jeer, Ben - Bin. I don't think they're hellbent on correct pronunciations. 😄

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Does anybody have an idea how real the construction business owned by Claire's is? Mr. Swanson had a lawncare business and side ministry. I pegged him right away as someone who dabbled in lawn care. He eventually left his business, (and family farm?) to pursue his dream of marrying his oldest daughter to a Duggar boy. He now has an LLC set up by JB and lives in Arkansas with his family. I'm wondering if Mr. Spivey is the new Dwain Swanson. 

I made a post about this earlier. Spivey's business was rated by the Better Business Bureau with an A+. I believe it's legit. The website is also not overflowing with religion. He mentions being "blessed" but that's about it. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I don't know what Spivey did before 1997, but as I mentioned upthread, he was the head of construction for the IBLP Texas site from 1997 to 2006. At that point, he either quit to go out on his own or they didn't need a full-time head-of-construction person any more. In any case, according to his company website, he started his own construction business at that point.  He was starting from scratch with just one project scheduled and had two people working with him, according to his website. 

By his account, the company has done hundreds of small and large jobs since then, in both commercial and residential buildings, inside and outside, and it now has 9 employees.  This is how he describes it: "Owner Rob Spivey has over 25 years of construction experience ranging from residential, new home construction to large scale commercial project management. We currently enjoy an awesome team of 9 staff that perform the majority of our work. When necessary, we have a first-class group of licensed trades such as electrical, plumbing, and HVAC services."

Here's his site -- https://www.spivey.construction/ 

Here are some projects he says they worked on  -- https://www.spivey.construction/work/

No question that some percentage of this could be horse hockey, given how easy it is to put stuff up online. Seems unlikely that all of it is, though, doesn't it? And, of course, there's no way of knowing what somebody's actual finances look like based on their website! 

So....we report. You decide. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Justin is one unfortunate looking kid. Not sure what he can offer Clair, Jimbob had to be running out of houses and jobs to give the kids so unless her dad is going to swing the whole thing which appears to be the case  He doesn’t even look like he shaves yet. With her dad being successful in business and her looks, you’d think her dad would find a better suitor for her. Hopefully, this will fall apart though. He needs to grow up some more. Get some pubic hair first. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

Jessa, Joy and Jason look very similar 

Jinger, Jed and Johannah look similar 

Jana, Jeremiah, and Jennifer look alike 

Josiah, Jackson, and Josie look alike 

I think James and Jordyn look like Grandma Mary/Aunt DeAnna/Amy

I think Joy and Johannah look almost the same

• Love 3
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Justin & Claire: And They Should Have Called it Puppy Love

Justin & Claire:  When Fools Rush In - To Marriage

& Claire: There's a Justin?

Yes! I like “Justin and Claire: Yes. There’s a Justin.”

• Love 12

Of course “who in the hell is Justin” is excited and giddy. He’s a 17 year old boy knowing getting laid is in his near future.  Most dudes that age are praising and thanking god at that prospect!

• Love 4

Yesterday in response to a comment about Justin "breaking away" I posted about the married adult Duggars who are not living essentially in their parents' orbit, and IMO there are two: Jill and Jinger. There were several thoughtful replies.

I realize I didn't say, which I probably should have, that I don't think Jill or Jinger has "broken away" or "broken free" from their upbringing in the manner that I think many of us have speculated/hoped/fantasized about over the years. Obviously each of them is still in touch with their family of origin, and Jinger and Jeremy are still receiving money from the TLC show. By no means have they cut all ties, and Jinger's geographical distance from the TTH isn't accompanied by the JB freeze-out order that he issued about Jill (who lives not far away from the TTH). However, regardless of any continuing financial ties, the Vuolos and Dillards don't live their lives in constant daily/weekly orbit around the TTH and/or employment in JB's businesses, the way the rest do. 

I think that the situation with Jill and Jinger illustrates the difficulty and IMO improbability of any of the Duggar kids making a serious and definite "break" from their family and the beliefs in which they were indoctrinated growing up. Jill's moved farther than Jinger into mainstream but still conservative Arkansas life, and IMO it's down to her having married a guy who didn't grow up in IBLP or similar fundie circles. Jinger's new life is also down to her husband. I know, I know, "neither of them has agency over their own lives," etc. Yep. As I said, neither has done some "free bird" departure from everything their parents stand for. And whatever movement they have made into their own married lives, was more evolution than revolution, especially for Jill. 

So I think Claire and Justin, who are so young and barely hatched chicks, will happily dwell deep within the Duggar family circle, especially if, as reported, Claire's dad is as starstruck with JB and Michelle as Ben's dad used to be. Sure, the money could run out, but that is just as likely to bind them together against Satan's assaults on their godly prosperity, as to drive them apart. Maybe in twenty years some Duggar kidult or their spouse (besides Jill/Derick or Jeremy), will find a reason to question the invincible wisdom and goodness of their parents, but I won't hold my breath. Especially for any of the Howlers married to women from staunch fundie/IBLP families.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 14
On 9/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, GeeGolly said:

Anyone else think she looks a lot like Jana? Not in every picture, but in at least two of them the similarities are great.

I think he looks like Jill. 

Edit: I just realized you said SHE, not HE. Yes I can see how she looks like Jana in some shots. 

Edited by Canadian Girl
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

There's too many of these Duggars. TLC needs to pull some soap opera shenanigans and have a few transported to a mysterious island. Have the rest look for them and wonder who is the mastermind behind the disappearing Duggars. 

So who's the Stefano DiMera in Duggarland?

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

There's too many of these Duggars. TLC needs to pull some soap opera shenanigans and have a few transported to a mysterious island. Have the rest look for them and wonder who is the mastermind behind the disappearing Duggars. 

As long as they don't pull the mysterious twin shows up out of nowhere.  We don't need any doubles of these people. 

• LOL 5

There is a poll to choose a new thread title for Justin and Claire given their courtship was announced on social media AND the show- it is pinned to the top of the forum. This poll will close 5pm CST on Friday September 25th. 

In the interest of fairness, the most popular suggestions submitted after the poll was created (and before the poll's end) will be included in round 2, which will start Saturday September 26th and end 7pm Sunday September 27th- that way everyone should get the opportunity to contribute and vote.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

So who's the Stefano DiMera in Duggarland?

Plot twist: Jim Bob was secretly Stefano all along! No one noticed because he wore a hat as a failsafe disguise. Though maybe this is OLTL, not DAYS... the big villain on OLTL was the leader of a religious cult. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Normades said:

As long as they don't pull the mysterious twin shows up out of nowhere.  We don't need any doubles of these people. 

but random replacements of a character by a new actor in the same role might be entertaining.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

No matter what the actual thread title turns out to be (and there are some great ones in the list), I'm still calling it The Clustin F*ck. 

Forever. 😁

It's my favorite as well, but I suppose it might be a bit much as a thread title.

Keep trying to wedge that "Clustin" part in there somewhere, though. Maybe, "Sweet Clustin F...ellowship on the horizon", or something.

• LOL 3

I guess I have not been paying attention, because I was not aware of this courtship.  

I am baffled, though, Jer and Jed are going to be 22 in December.

Jason is 20. James is 19.  

And yet it is Justin , not even 18 yet, who is courting?  It just boggles the mind.  Not that any of them are really mature enough for a wife, but let's let the youngest of the bunch, who most likely has not even graduated from "Duggar Academy" get into a courtship.  WTF?

I bet Jim Bob is loving the fact that he has 4 married sons and one ongoing courtship, and Gil Bates has 1 married son, and a bunch of failed courtships.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I guess I have not been paying attention, because I was not aware of this courtship.  

I am baffled, though, Jer and Jed are going to be 22 in December.

Jason is 20. James is 19.  

And yet it is Justin , not even 18 yet, who is courting?  It just boggles the mind.  Not that any of them are really mature enough for a wife, but let's let the youngest of the bunch, who most likely has not even graduated from "Duggar Academy" get into a courtship.  WTF?

I bet Jim Bob is loving the fact that he has 4 married sons and one ongoing courtship, and Gil Bates has 1 married son, and a bunch of failed courtships.

I like to think that Claire was the one who chose Justin.  Most likely her dad and JB came to an agreement where Claire came to meet the boys and she got to choose which one.  So it's an arranged marriage with the illusion of choice for Claire.

• Love 4

I haven’t watched the show in ages so forgive me, but who is Justin? Is he the one who fell into the orchestra pit and had to be saved by Jill? All these Rod & Todds are indistinguishable to me except for James. I identify them by whatever neglectful thing happened to them on 19K and Counting, ex. James’ depressing birthday.

Wow at this girl’s mom being a year younger than I am. She looks the same age as Michelle in their photo together. Maybe that means Michelle looks young.

Edited by charmed1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1