Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Regency Reunion

• Start Topic

People get married for all kinds of reasons, love being just one of many, so why Tom and Luann decided to get hitched is none of my beeswax.

BUT I'm guessing that, up until he and Luann got married, Tom would walk into a party, bar or restaurant and work the room until he found the woman he wanted to take home.  It must take monumental energy for Tom to simmer down and stand by Luann's side as a married man.  It's going to take a lot of practice on his part.

I think it's just plain rotten that Ramona invited Missy to her cocktail party.  Luann looked mortified and I don't blame her - it's not lost on her that it was a calculated move on Ramona's part to embarrass and hurt her.

I like Tinsley and I'm ok with her having "a moment"  Sometimes when you're in a situation, you're all about survival mode and it's only later, when the crisis has passed, that you begin to process the information.  We've watched all the other housewives sort out their emotions, etc. on this show, so bring it on, Tins.  I'm here for you.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

What do you expect this is S.T.A.M. Sonja Tremont (Adams) Morgan?!?!? Sonja "Trump Advisor" Morgan?!?!? Sonja "Two-faced Asshole" Morgan. That's the one.

"Sonja Tramps Around Manhattan"

• Love 8
(edited)
32 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I found it odd and terribly invasive that Carole, 53, of all people claims Tinsley should cut her hair.  She is 41 and there has been a long list of 41 year old and much older RHONYC that have worn long hair and long hair with curls.  Kelly, Bethenny, Ramona, Heather, Carole (well into her fifties), Jill, so I think Carole is being a little catty about trying to change Tinsley and reinvent her.  Removing the random barrel curls isn't the answer.  The change needs to come from within.  A new hairstyle seems a little shallow.   

Carole was really pushing Tinsley hard to cut her hair. Which is funny since Carole just took out her extensions. But Carole would know a lot about reinvention since she morphs into whoever she's hanging with. I can't wait to see Carole in one of Tinsley's little flaired dresses. Maybe she'll pair it with lace socks and pumps.

Until recently my hair was past my rear end and in great condition (even hairdressers would compliment me on the condition and shine when I came in for a trim). It really got annoying when women would grill me on how I got it that length and kept it in such good condition and then say things like "oh you should donate your hair" (Um, how about you donate yours, I'm wearing mine). After a bad haircut where the stylist took far too many inches off my friend's hair she really started in on me to cut my hair, misery loves company.  People will cut their hair when they are ready, I never thought I would ever cut mine (traumatized by forced pixie cuts in my youth) but I did. 

Years ago when I was still in my 20's I was at a restaurant with another friend, a man came up to us and sheepishly said that from the time that I had entered women and long hair had become the topic of conversation between him and his friends. He told me that men really love long hair and I should never cut mine, then as he left he hastily added an offhand "oh, yours looks nice too" to my friend. We burst out laughing because her hair actually looked awful and she knew it since she had just gotten a really tight perm earlier that day it it looked like a wet poodle.

ETA: I don't think long hair looks "better". Luann and Dorinda absolutely rock their short hair.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 11

LuAnn handled the evening well, but she looked like she was suffering. She revealed that she is not at all secure in this relationship, and, although she claims to have "won" this questionable prize, the competition is far from over. 

I think she will be anxious and nervous any time she spots across the room Tom standing next to an above-average-looking woman.

• Love 18

Tinsley is living with Sonja for storyline purposes only. She's the "younger" woman cramping Sexy Sonja with a J's style and they are just two single gals living it up in Grey Gardens. It's part of the show, they are playing parts and doing scenes. Did Bethenny forget that part? Tinsley is brand new and has no real life of her own apparently.  Living on her own would not make for good television, so she's staying with Sonja in this phase. I'm sure it was a producer's idea.

Bethenny coming unhinged next week is going to bore me. She needs medication. Seriously. She's one to talk about endless griping. Poor Brynn, two psychos for parents. That girl should start a tab at a therapist's office.

Ramona is a nasty woman, and not the good Clinton kind, either. Inviting Missy to make LuAnn and Tom uncomfortable was in very poor taste. No one bought her half-assed excuse, either. She deserves all the negativity that comes her way. Her hair looked like shit the night of her party -- good.

Carole and Tinsley are new friends and I thought it was very rude of Carole to harp on someone else's hair. Say it once and then move on. She'll cut her hair if and when she wants to. How would Carole like it if someone kept asking her when she was going to get Invisalign for that overbite? I'm not surprised that she was rushing Adam to get all of his crap out of her apartment. He wants kids and unless he changes his mind, that's not going to be with Carole. Their relationship has an expiration date. Why not just pull the plug now and work on finding someone else who doesn't have these limitations?

• Love 9
12 hours ago, bosawks said:

Harry is giving The Continental from SNL a run for his money.

Lol!  I was thinking Colonel Angus.

12 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

When she first aired a few of us thought her name was "Mindy". Now we're stuck. Once a Mindy, always a Mindy.

Hi Rachel!

12 hours ago, Thumper said:

Ramona's hair didn't bother me as much as the too-tight dress and the stylish-but-ugly (IMO) black hoof booties.

Watching Sonja and Rocco was hysterical!!!  Rocco seems like such a good guy gentleman.

Tinsley needs to get her own place.  $9000 a month???  Yikes!

Welcome to Manhattan.   No not Manhattan, welcome to the upper east side.  Because she could live on the upper UPPER east side, Harlem, now that it's regentrified, and occupy an entire brownstone for less.   She could live in a 5 bedroom mansion in the neighborhood where 45's golf club is, pay a monthly subscription to a helicopter service and be anywhere in ny in 10 minutes and still have change.  I understand paying premiums in certain parts of the country, there's room or fabulous view of a bay or a mountain or something, but $120K a year?  in a no equity shoe box?  to look at more buildings?   I don't think it's what made her sad but that would get me teary too.

7 hours ago, film noire said:

Ramona, Ramona, Ramona;  you can't wear your hair in a ponytail; you just can't.  Maybe all would not have been lost if you'd ended that sad tail in a bun, a severe Soviet ballet mistress bun -- the mistress who slapped Baryshnikov's ass hard, to make him great (the same way you made your white and white and more white kitchen great) -- that ballet mistress' hand on his ass the thing giving him wings to defect to the USA (where decades later, he whinnied like a nervous filly whenever Sarah Jessica Parker came near his butt in their love scenes).  YES, THAT MIGHT HAVE WORKED. BECAUSE THERE'S A BACKSTORY TO THAT HAIRSTYLE.  Instead, this ponytail of despair. Which you cannot blame on a stylist  (I know it was you, Ramona. You went against the family. And you broke my heart).

Carole: You lecturing a woman to act her age? FIRST, I LAUGH MYSELF TO DEATH. Secondly: this has to be some next-level Banksy-meets performance art shit, because you saying Tins cannot live like a tweenager (dating the same men she dated when she was younger) as you yourself live the life of a tweenager (dating much younger men as you did when you much younger) makes me almost admire you for fucking with my head just that much. Well played, you freak show, well played. Extra points for getting into Tins' hair karma; you rattled her, bitch. RATTLED HER. (She went home and sat in front of the second best bathroom mirror at Sonja's --a portal to The Others -- and stroked her curls and cried.)

Luann: You wear it well, lady, And you will wear it at every party you go to for the next thirty years. But fuck it -- you think you won, so let's go with that. If only because these bitter bitches call you LuMan behind your back, let's go with that.

Sonja: You left Grey Gardens and went to Hoboken. And it made you strangely...bearable to watch; almost charming. (Who is this Sonja?) Still, in the sodium light of old Jersey, I feel Rocco deserves better than you. He's like one of Sinatra's bodyguards back in the day -- rough of tongue, rough of manners, rough of everything - but he was all silk when he let you slide off your admission of whatever the fuck you were admitting. It sounded bad on your end, but he was a Versailles courtier -- all delicacy and etiquette and not pinning you down -- he smoothed it over and moved on, briefly reminding you of a kiss. He's out of your league, sweetheart -- ring a ding ding, as Frank used to say -- call it a day, let Rocco find his bliss and go home, Sonja; Tins is about to summon The Others through that second best mirror.

You ever go back and reread a book you loved just because you weren't ready to let it go?   This post. lol.  and now I laugh myself to death.   Kadooz, Noire Ford Coppola. Compelling  :D 

2 hours ago, Ellee said:

ummmm .... did Ramona's hairstyle remind anyone of Jill's when she was on WWHL I think the year she was canned?

My memory is not always that great. 

I just remember thinking that when you got the Bravo people mad at you  they can really make you look bad. 

I don't know.....

::SeanSpicervoice::  mistakes were made.

22ad7_ramona_singer_jill_zarin_april8new

2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'm willing to give her a pass on this at the moment.  From the previews, it's clear that she's still struggling with her breakup and arrest - who wouldn't be!   Looks like Bethenny tells her to quit complaining and to get on with her life (if the preview was correct and that's who Bethenny was talking to.)  Pot meet kettle on that one.

Sonja told Rocco that all she wants from a man is loyalty, all while she is bedding another man.  That's just rich.

I liked Carole's advice to Tinsley that you can't reinvent yourself while doing the same things you once did.  However, she needed to quit hounding her about her hair.  Just say it once and leave it alone.  Tinsley wasn't receptive to the idea, so don't be pushy. What was up with the comment about Anne Hathaway's dress at some event they were talking about?  Then she makes fun of Ramona's ponytail.  What's up with her need to point these things out about other women?   I noticed Dorinda pretended to like the ponytail (although she did say it was severe, but she liked it), but trash talked her behind her back.  Some of these ladies would be fun to hang out with, but I would trust them about as far as I could throw them.

Oh, Harry.  Telling a woman that her Cross necklace looks good on her chest is just all kinds of wrong.  And the looks he gives women just creeps me out.  Why are old men such perverts?  I'm a dental hygienist and I've seen my share of creepy old men over the past 25 years. Example:  "I lost my filling, but I put it in my pocket.  Just reach in and get it."  Seriously, that happened.    It's just gross.

Carole needs to humanely discipline her cats not to climb the curtains.  I've had cats my entire existence (50 years), and I've never had a problem with them scratching the furniture or climbing the curtains.  As with kids, you don't let them rule the roost.  With dogs, you're the head of the pack and they follow your lead.  I feel like cats are the same way, to a certain degree.  They can be trained/conditioned not to tear things up.  Mine can go outside to scratch a tree, but for all of the indoor time they have, there's a scratching post in the house along with assorted toys for them to bat about.  This bugs me because cats generally get a bad reputation with people.   A lot of people don't like them for the very reasons they see with Carole's cats.  It doesn't have to be that way!!  They're great companions.  Like kids, they just need a little love and discipline. 

I might be wrong but I think she was remarking about how the press (or somebody) raved about how amazing Hathaway looked - in black - when the theme of the event was winter white.   The emphasis was sort of:  ::shrug:: she looked like Anne Hathaway, what's the big whoop?  So that did make it sound a little high school.

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Kind of a boring episode. Not a ton to say. 

Tinsely always looks, to me, like she just got out of bed. After a night of partying. At someone else's house. She always appears to have slept in her makeup, and thrown last night's greasy hair up into a ponytail. I was with Carole. She needs a make-over. I think she would look good as a brunette. And yes, lose some of the length! 

I get that her previous relationship was super crazy and ended very badly. I'm never one for telling anyone when they need to be "over" anything. But there's something a bit disconcerting about watching a 40-something woman freak out about committing to her own $9,000 apartment. I was pleased that she at least admitted part of her financing would come from family wealth. 

Ramona also looked a mess in this episode. I noticed she even poses and arches her back when just doing Facetime with Avery. She's such a weirdo! And if Harry Dubin thinks you're high pony and high breasts look great....well, that tells you everything you need to know. 

I'm one that doesn't find it odd, or a poor reflection of the relationship, that Adam moved out of Carole's apartment. I always saw it as a temporary solution, not a step forward in their relationship. But it was kind of odd watching him come back for this stuff, like you see post breakup. Also, is there not another Buddha head in all of NYC? 

Sonja and her love triangle just seems so fake, to me. I see zero chemistry with her and Frenchie. And Rocco is clearly into her, but she seems repulsed by him. It's like she loves the attention, but doesn't want to actually touch him. And I liked how she really downplayed her "ten year love affair" with Tom when telling Rocco about it. 

Tom and Lu still seem so awkward to me. He's once again speaking of wearing a wedding ring in a negative light - comparing it to a dog collar. I have to wonder why he chose to get married; what's in it for him? Those speculating about an inheritance/allowance based on tying the knot may be onto something. And Lu was NOT the picture of contentment and poise. No, she did not appear to be "okay" with Missy at all. She SAYS, "Oh, I'm friends with my exes, people can be friends with an ex" - but her eyes say otherwise. 

And Ramona totally invited that broad on purpose. Don't act like you didn't realize the ramifications until they were all standing in your apartment. 

I'll be in the corner at my table for one with this.   I think Rocco is all of the things yawl said he is.  Lovely, kind hearted, attentive and at this stage in his life, commitment friendly.  End of sentence.  New sentence.   He's also fawning in a way that looks as though it can get smothery fast.   The hangs-on-your-every-word-waiting-for-the moment-you-grace-his-lips-guy? not sexy.  He's a sweetheart, loving, affectionate, he'll take better care of your dogs than you do, but Sonja with a sexy J is still in a steamy phase of her life.   And speaking as a woman of a certain age, ::smoothscollar:: you don't wanna have to choose.  Finally, just to round out the shallow triumvirate, on a scale of 1 - 10 he looks like his kisses would be eager and sloppy 6s.  C'mon ya'll she broke down the stages of marriage.  The first one was for love money, this next one should be about shaggery love.   The last one to Harry is the one she should skip. 

25 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Too bad Aviva isn't around, Lu could have borrowed her leg!

at least then she'd have one to stand on.

eta:  did the scene of coco in Ramona's apartment say she was 14?   this might get rough. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I get a major kick out of Harry.  If someone was bragging about marrying him I'd kind of get it.  He's super amusing and so camera-ready.  Sure he's been around but I don't really care.  He has a couple of decades on me so whatever good for him.

Tom on the other hand......... LOL.  Always looks like a deer in headlights.  And always like the deer is trying to figure out how to fuck the headlights.

Luann looked so beautiful at Ramona's party.  (Misty/Mindy?) is really good-looking too.

It super fascinated me how Ramona's place looked so much bigger when it was in the 'old lady style'.  I think I preferred it that way.

I have to admit Bethenny and Fredrik are super amusing, but I've worshipped Fredrik ever since his show came out.  I even bought his book.  Consider watching Million Dollar Listing NY if you aren't. This season (5) they added an incredibly beautiful male model to round out the cast, Steve Gold.  Fredrik is a star.  Also, I LOOOOOOVE Bethenny's apartment she's getting rid of.  She did a great job. 

Tinsley doesn't even need makeup really and to repeat what I said a few episodes ago Carole is 100% right about her hair and look and probably, life.  The second $9000 apartment was fucking awesome.  What was the split on the neighbourhoods - which apartment was where?  Bad one was in the village, super nice one was UES?

Frenchie is pretty cute.  He's also good for the cameras.  I felt sad for Rocco that was rough.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

The Cat Lady has some strong opinions on how Tinsley should be reinventing her life in NYC....Perhaps she should take a good look at her own life ( cats climbing all over her apartment, Sexy Salad hipster sauntering in to claim things in her apartment, hanging around Adam's parents ( her contemporaries) one day, and Adam and his hipster friends the next. Didn't Carole have long extensions in her hair in the Berkshires?! 

If Bethenny keeps flaunting how much she paid for her bar, her apartment, etc, someone should throw a bottle of Skinnygirl Margarita at her. 

Tom D'agostino....... yuck. 

• Love 11

Luann, you knew his reputation going into this so you had to have expected to run into former flames in such small circles.

From The Andy Warhol Diaries:

THURSDAY, NOV. 8, 1984

Went to Diane von Furstenberg’s and in the same little room were Bianca and her boyfriend, and Mick and Jerry and her two sisters, and everybody was trying to stand with their backs to each other. And so finally to break the ice Bianca went over to Mick and said, “Oh, you’ve slept with everybody in this room,” and she was giggling, and he said, “Oh, yes, I’ve had them all!” He was funny.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I like Rocco more too. Sonja needs to get with him. 

I do, too.  When Sonja had her dinner party at the start of the season, he appreciated the backstory about why the 19th century JPM napkins were so huge.  I like that he showed interest in history and in something that meant something to her.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Aren't the beachy waves in style right now? I've been trying to master that look with my curling iron lately, it's not happening.

Try this.  Twist a section (about an inch and a half wide) of hair, all the way to the end.  Take your curling iron and starting at the top, clip the iron onto the twist for 10 seconds.  Move a couple inches down and do it again.  Repeat to the ends.  Without unwinding the twist, move on to another section.  When your whole head is done, make sure to cool, spray, and then gently pull the twists apart with your fingers.  Lightly, lightly spray again.  I used to use a triple barreled curling iron to make beachy waves and loved the look but it was seriously damaging and kind of hard to do.  The above is easier and looks more random because even if you miss some hair it still looks good.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Poor Rocco, Run Rocco Run.  Sonja is the type of woman who will keep a Rocco around – mature, kind, respectful, as a perpetual back up.  Even though she knows that for what she is looking for the Rocco type men are her best bet but, the Frenchie’s will always push them aside. 

Yea, I feel very badly for Rocco. Sonja acts like she really just enjoys him so much, that she can't decide between the two men. But I think she's just using him, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

So we see now Tins is a bit unhinged. Why is she so afraid to live on her own? I know she was married young and then had the boyfriend right after that in Palm Beach. I wonder if she actually has ever lived alone. Time to grow up, hon. It will interesting to see her story unfold

I wondered the same thing. She seemed very scared. I don't know that it's living alone in the sense that she's physically the only person in the apartment - I think it was more being scared to do the adult stuff like fill out rental/purchase forms, pay bills, get utilities turned on, etc. etc. 

1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

I wanted Dorinda to come to Ramona'w new digs and trash the place.  Then shrug it off and change the subject.

YASSSSS. That would have been the best. Spill your wine on the new sofa, knock a painting off the wall, bring a dog by to poop on the rug.  Haha, I would have laughed so hard. I'm evil. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

By jove, your post may be impetus for the TruRenewal Natural Hair Wigs Collection! It actually makes sense --  Moaner could be the force behind some decent natural (or hi-end synthetic) wigs and she might do quite well. Hell, Raquel Welch and Joan Collins both sell wigs -- it's a business move with real possibilities if Moaner could just accept that she's neither young nor a hot sexpot.

We can all be witnesses that IF Moana does this and IF its profitable, Steelcitysister MUST be compensated.  We heard it here first!

If none of her friends told her the truth about her horrible no good hairstyle it makes you wonder how many guest rooms she has trashed!  She really needed a good friend to tell her no, just no sweetie, not that look.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

The Cat Lady has some strong opinions on how Tinsley should be reinventing her life in NYC....Perhaps she should take a good look at her own life ( cats climbing all over her apartment, Sexy Salad hipster sauntering in to claim things in her apartment, hanging around Adam's parents ( her contemporaries) one day, and Adam and his hipster friends the next. Didn't Carole have long extensions in her hair in the Berkshires?! 

The difference here is that Carole is not unhappy in her life or trying to "reinvent" herself.  She also isn't saying to never having long hair, she's saying that Tinsley has had long hair her entire life and she should try something different. Which goes back to re-inventing herself. It's not off-base advice. 

• Love 18

Both Ramona and Tinsley remind me of friends "recovering" from their divorces.  At least five of my (then) recently divorced friends somehow thought life had frozen at the time they married.  One of the friends, who married at nineteen and divorced at forty two started dating men(?) who were the age of the men she dated prior to marriage - in other words, she was dating 19-25 year olds! - and more than one friend has done this!  Eventually they have all figured out that they don't have much on common with the boys they are old enough to have given birth to, and calm down and stop dating the "young bucks".

The same goes with clothing and hairstyles - if you're dating in the 19-25 year old dating pool, the of course you should be shopping at Forever 21 ( even though 21 is far back in your rear view mirror at this point) and doing everything possible to not look your age (or anywhere NEAR your age).  It's amusing though when in conversations with the younger crowd, these women refer to something that happened long ago, when the "youngsters" were babies!  (Sort of like Ramona and her us of the word "Brassiere". )

• Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Try this.  Twist a section (about an inch and a half wide) of hair, all the way to the end.  Take your curling iron and starting at the top, clip the iron onto the twist for 10 seconds.  Move a couple inches down and do it again.  Repeat to the ends.  Without unwinding the twist, move on to another section.  When your whole head is done, make sure to cool, spray, and then gently pull the twists apart with your fingers.  Lightly, lightly spray again.  I used to use a triple barreled curling iron to make beachy waves and loved the look but it was seriously damaging and kind of hard to do.  The above is easier and looks more random because even if you miss some hair it still looks good.

This may sound weird, but I TRAINED my hair to have those beachy waves. And without a device. Aaaaannd.....I'd always had super straight hair before. I just wash my hair and let it dry naturally, and as it's drying I take sections and twist them with my fingers. I keep doing it as I'm going through my morning; just stop and twist the sections again. And then once it's dry, I straighten my bangs, spray my hair, and I'm good to go. Granted, I'm a SAHM and I have time to let my hair air dry/style itself. But I'll tell you this, after doing this for over a year, my hair now naturally curls up like that. I can wash it and NOT do a damn thing, and it will still end up in those loose curls/waves. It's the weirdest, but coolest, thing. 

1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'll be in the corner at my table for one with this.   I think Rocco is all of the things yawl said he is.  Lovely, kind hearted, attentive and at this stage in his life, commitment friendly.  End of sentence.  New sentence.   He's also fawning in a way that looks as though it can get smothery fast.   The hangs-on-your-every-word-waiting-for-the moment-you-grace-his-lips-guy? not sexy. 

Okay, I can totally see this. But the thing is, I think Sonja encourages it. She does just enough to keep him drooling over her for the ego boost, but never takes it all the way. She likes him in her back pocket, paying for nice dinners and fawning over her, but she'd never settle down with him. It just seems unfair. If she's not into him, she should make it super clear. But I think she likes to have her cake and eat it too. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, SerenityNow721 said:

I like Tinsley and I'm ok with her having "a moment"  Sometimes when you're in a situation, you're all about survival mode and it's only later, when the crisis has passed, that you begin to process the information.  We've watched all the other housewives sort out their emotions, etc. on this show, so bring it on, Tins.  I'm here for you.

Exactly.  So much sympathy for Beth and Carole regarding their past relationships/marriages.  All kinds of passes given for bad and/or weepy behavior because they've had such a rough go.  I can spare some for Tinsley. 

Same with her hair.  This is her first season.  Look at every single one of the Hos across allll the franchises.  I'm sure in real life, they looked just fine.  But after watching themselves on TV, I'm sure they thought, "Gee, I could lose/gain a few pounds.  I need to take better care of my skin. What was I thinking with that bad, bad make-up."  And then they fix it.  And polish their wardrobes...cut their hair, etc.  By their 3rd season they're looking polished AF.  Kyle Richards is my go-to example of this.  Tinsley, like Kyle, is attractive enough in real life but now that their job is to represent the ladies who lunch on TV, they stepped up their game. 

Give Tinsley some time.  When ya need an update, whether it's your look or your life, you're usually the last one to realize it. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Luann, you knew his reputation going into this so you had to have expected to run into former flames in such small circles.

From The Andy Warhol Diaries:

THURSDAY, NOV. 8, 1984

Went to Diane von Furstenberg’s and in the same little room were Bianca and her boyfriend, and Mick and Jerry and her two sisters, and everybody was trying to stand with their backs to each other. And so finally to break the ice Bianca went over to Mick and said, “Oh, you’ve slept with everybody in this room,” and she was giggling, and he said, “Oh, yes, I’ve had them all!” He was funny.

Now I kind of want to read these diaries. Thanks for sharing!

Luann did look uncomfortable at that party and Tom was kind of like a caged animal. Like someone else said, under different circumstances, he'd have been working the room to zero on whom to bed that night. And that dog collar/wedding ring comment was unkind.

I get that Tinz is having a moment, and she deserves to have it, but she also needs to grow up a bit. The woman is 41.  Because she married so young, she's not used to being on her own or even navigating relationships with men. Carole is right in that "reinvention is not repetition," and the girl does need a new look. Something that will make her feel new and fresh and ready to take on the world. Bethenny next week is also right. If she's going to stay at Sonja's she has to follow Sonya's rules or move; it's as simple as that. But complaining like a young girl griping about her mean mum is silly and beneath her. Speaking of silly, Dana (Tinsley's mother) needs to step away from whatever the hell she's doing to her face. I don't recall her looking like that during the last visit.

Felt a bit sorry for Rocco. He seems like such a nice man and I think he and Sonja would make a smashing couple. Hopefully the baguette is just for show as in the show.

From the previews, it seems that Drunk Dorinda is going to emerge and say some classic mean stuff to Sonja. That vagina comment she made in the coming up this season on the RHNY clip they showed last week must be about her and Sonja getting into it.

Bethenny is one of my faves but I had to fast forward through her real estate stuff. Won't be watching that show, either.

Ramona is a messy bitch. And her look last night was awful and ridiculous. And her boobs are too big. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Ro on WWHL tonight:  Her hair looked good for Ro.  It would have looked great if it was about a foot shorter.  It's funny how some of these women think that longer hair makes them look younger while the reality is there are so many younger women who have cut their hair because that is stylish now.  I could make a list but I think everyone can easily think of examples.  Taylor Swift......

It was kind of funny that Carole told Tinsley to cut her hair (she was right) but at the same time Carole kept her long hair until recently.  At least Carole wasn't doing the bleached blond.

On another note, and I hate to criticized God given physical looks, Tinsley has really weird eyebrows.  They don't curve down at the sides.  I find it distracting.  It's really apparent in her mug shot.  Her mother doesn't have that look.  Bad Breezy.

I don't think they are God given so snark away!

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, I feel very badly for Rocco. Sonja acts like she really just enjoys him so much, that she can't decide between the two men. But I think she's just using him, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

I wondered the same thing. She seemed very scared. I don't know that it's living alone in the sense that she's physically the only person in the apartment - I think it was more being scared to do the adult stuff like fill out rental/purchase forms, pay bills, get utilities turned on, etc. etc. 

YASSSSS. That would have been the best. Spill your wine on the new sofa, knock a painting off the wall, bring a dog by to poop on the rug.  Haha, I would have laughed so hard. I'm evil. 

Tinsley fears come from being in a physically abusive relationship with a 10 year her junior man in Florida.  Her mom lives in Florida, and for her own sanity she needed to move away from the Palm Beach community where her abusers family is very powerful.  Tinsley helps run an aspect of her family's business-I don't think it is the mundane "adult", I believe it is the physically abusive relationship she left in a very public and humiliating fashion is what her nightmares are made of these days. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

This may sound weird, but I TRAINED my hair to have those beachy waves.

Something similar, here, too.  Only I think mine has to do with getting older. LOL.  I've just started getting grays and those seem to come in coarser and wavier.  My hair is slightly wavy to begin with but the grays border on a kinky curl. 

14 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

- in other words, she was dating 19-25 year olds! - and more than one friend has done this!  Eventually they have all figured out that they don't have much on common with the boys they are old enough to have given birth to, and calm down and stop dating the "young bucks".

Maybe this comes along with my gray hairs, but I just don't get this.  I have an 18 year old son and a 30 year old nephew.  Both smart, mature-for-their-ages guys but still dorks in many ways.  The 30 year old is married, with a great job, his own home, a young son but still so green

Unless it's just the sex or the 'prestige'/bragging rights that comes with dating a man in their late teens to late twenties when you're in your 30s, 40s, 50s or 60s, I just don't get it.   Nice to look at and contemplate but nope.  I need me a may-un.  Preferably with more gray hair than me. ;-)

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Okay, I can totally see this. But the thing is, I think Sonja encourages it. She does just enough to keep him drooling over her for the ego boost, but never takes it all the way. She likes him in her back pocket, paying for nice dinners and fawning over her, but she'd never settle down with him. It just seems unfair. If she's not into him, she should make it super clear. But I think she likes to have her cake and eat it too. 

Which is why I could barely keep my eyes inside my head during her whole distraught, distressed and "discarded" dramatics of last season about Tom. AND which is why I wasn't mad at Lu's dismissiveness over the whole thing. She had Sonja's number and knew the extra was a ploy for attention and sympathy and that Sonja was taking it way too far just to have some parting shots of her own in that whole mess. Sonja doesn't mind being the one that uses and abuses and tosses away but for some reason she feels entitled to all the coddling in the world when it comes to her random fucks moving on? Give me a break.

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Thanks for the advice, Rye! I forgot to mention my hair is only about chin length so that may be the problem. Although, I have seen shorter hair with the beachy style, too. Kelly Ripa for one, even Luann on occasion. 

• Love 2

I think Carole and Adam were done last season and this was all a charade to keep giving him exposure for his career and for her to try and appear like she's still a hot child in the city.  I noticed no coy sexual bartering for the Buddha head, to me that was a tell tale giveaway that they are done.  

4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Unless it's just the sex or the 'prestige'/bragging rights that comes with dating a man in their late teens to late twenties when you're in your 30s, 40s, 50s or 60s, I just don't get it.   Nice to look at and contemplate but nope.  I need me a may-un.  Preferably with more gray hair than me. ;-)

I think it is. My bff got into that cycle with bad consequences too. She kept dating these younger guys even though she really wanted to have kids. She finally married at 40 to a younger man who was not ready. They divorced when she was 44/45 and he remarried almost immediately and had kids with the new wife. While my friend went with yet another even younger man and wasted the last fertile years on him hoping he'd change his mind. Very sad because she truly wanted kids and now it's too late.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I found it odd and terribly invasive that Carole, 53, of all people claims Tinsley should cut her hair.  She is 41 and there has been a long list of 41 year old and much older RHONYC that have worn long hair and long hair with curls.  Kelly, Bethenny, Ramona, Heather, Carole (well into her fifties), Jill, so I think Carole is being a little catty about trying to change Tinsley and reinvent her.  Removing the random barrel curls isn't the answer.  The change needs to come from within.  A new hairstyle seems a little shallow.    Tinsley has issues that are far bigger and I don't think these women see how terribly damaged and physically abused she was during her days in Florida.http://pagesix.com/2016/04/16/the-tragic-downfall-of-new-yorks-hottest-socialite/

Tinsley's mom lives in Florida and it must be difficult to cut out living near her mom. 

/13-1612-lee_001_-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=

Heather.jpg

I thought Carole told her to cut her hair too many times but I think Carole has a point.  It has nothing to do with Tinsely's age in my opinion but more of a way to reinvent herself as Tinsley seems to want to do.  If you are starting a new life do everything a little differently.  Tinz was known for her long blonde curls and UES lifestyle back in the day so maybe about 8 inches shorter on the hair, a bit more dimension to the color, apt in a new area etc.  But once she said no, Carole needed to zip it.  Most women I know change up their appearance throughout the years.  What worked on a 28 year old probably is not going to work on a 40 year old.  And that is ok.

• Love 4

It's also about what's flattering for a person's face.  Not everyone can carry off the same hairstyle with the same ease.  It's also about what year it is.  Carole's hairstyle this episode was pretty good.  It's actually a compliment to Tinsley that she doesn't need the most conventionally approved hairstyle - long, blonde hair.  She can carry off a shorter, SUPER DARK, ultra brunette hairstyle as well. It would nicely match both her eyes and her eyebrows.   It would be more chic and modern.  Carole couldn't necessarily carry off what Tinsley could.

Unpopular opinion, I think Ramona's face was well shown by the high ponytail and gave her a fresher look.  I thought it was so, so ridiculous how vain she was face-timing her kid, though.  She was trying for all these Vogue model angles.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Welcome to Manhattan.   No not Manhattan, welcome to the upper east side.  Because she could live on the upper UPPER east side, Harlem, now that it's regentrified, and occupy an entire brownstone for less.   She could live in a 5 bedroom mansion in the neighborhood where 45's golf club is, pay a monthly subscription to a helicopter service and be anywhere in ny in 10 minutes and still have change.  I understand paying premiums in certain parts of the country, there's room or fabulous view of a bay or a mountain or something, but $120K a year?  in a no equity shoe box?  to look at more buildings?   I don't think it's what made her sad but that would get me teary too.

I thought the realtor said she gets more for her money on the UES as opposed to downtown, the West Village, Soho, Tribeca specifically? I was always under the impression that is where the most expensive real estate is. Where all the A-list actors, and the hip, young, beautiful people live.   I also thought the UES is considered where the "older" people live now and it's boring there, no clubs, fewer restaurants, etc. Where am I hearing this? Well, from young people, of course! And the agents on Million Dolllar Listing!  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

If Bethenny keeps flaunting how much she paid for her bar, her apartment, etc, someone should throw a bottle of Skinnygirl Margarita at her. 

Tom D'agostino....... yuck. 

I think the difference is that Carole is very happy with her life, and Tinsley seems not to be. And the part about cutting the hair I don't think is because Carole has an issue with long hair, or of someone wearing it at a certain age or for a long time. But about the fact that Tinsley seems stuck in an old life that simply cannot exist. It might not be right, but for many women, change starts with our hair. Not everyone of course, but for many people changing our hair is something we do when we are ready for change in general. Carole has talked about how she felt the need to reinvent herself in certain aspects after Anthony died because that life was no longer available to her. Overall, I thought the advice good, and I liked the way she delivered it. They seem to be moving towards a comfortable friendship in a very organic manner, which I like. 

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

She's 41. She'll be 42 in August. I didn't understand her breakdown at the apartment hunting. 

She really does seem quite juvenile.  She's acting like her ex died or something.  You had a messy break-up.  You got some bad press.  Keep it moving, lady.  I'll admit, I was rolling my eyes quite a bit at her "woe is me" speeches throughout the episode.   Such a hard life, princess leads.  She can afford to pay 9K a month for a luxury apartment, or she can continue to stay rent free with Sonja, doesn't have to work, but just ISN'T READY!!!   Lord.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Sonja used her ex in this fashion as well. Once she had their daughter she was off to the races, so to speak, rarely around her husband. Rumors abounded that she repeatedly cheated on him and when he got sick, very sick, she refused to come home to "care" (you know there was professional help at home) for him and that is why he divorced her. She wants the older uber wealthy husband and the young hot lover at the same time.

17 minutes ago, lezlers said:

She really does seem quite juvenile.  She's acting like her ex died or something.  You had a messy break-up.  You got some bad press.  Keep it moving, lady.  I'll admit, I was rolling my eyes quite a bit at her "woe is me" speeches throughout the episode.   Such a hard life, princess leads.  She can afford to pay 9K a month for a luxury apartment, or she can continue to stay rent free with Sonja, doesn't have to work, but just ISN'T READY!!!   Lord.

She was in a physically abusive relationship where the bf/his family had all the power/influence in the community to hush it up and place the blame on her. So, not only did she get the shit beat out of her, they made it look like she was the crazy one. Oh, and she is staying with Sonja for production, not because she needed/wanted to. Without her, Sonja had no storyline, therefore no Apple. LOL

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

::SeanSpicervoice::  mistakes were made.

22ad7_ramona_singer_jill_zarin_april8new

LOL

Tinsley fears come from being in a physically abusive relationship with a 10 year her junior man in Florida.  

From that link - and thanks for posting, @zoeysmom:

"When cops arrived, they found a barefoot, intoxicated, crying Mortimer next to her mother’s Land Rover, which she had driven that evening. She told police that she and Fanjul had arrived at his place after dinner at a restaurant. They got into an argument about a boat trip Mortimer had taken with friends weeks earlier.“[Mortimer] said Fanjul . . . tried to smother her with a pillow,” according to police. She fought back, ran outside, and locked herself in the car.

Fanjul chased her, keyed the car, ripped off the windshield wipers and used them to break the windshield, the police report says. Mortimer took an iPhone video of the entire incident. When officers entered the bedroom where the original altercation took place, “there were blood marks on one of the pillows,” they reported. A “highly intoxicated and uncooperative” Fanjul asked cops to leave. Mortimer refused to sign a sworn affidavit of prosecution."

Jesus.  

• Love 17

LuAnn didn't handle the night well because she has class or because she is (anywhere near being) a good person. She handled it well because she always wants everyone else to think that her life is better than theirs, that she is the luckiest girl in the world, that she has the man everyone wants, and that she has the life everyone wants. Like Charlie Sheen, she is always WINNING! Yeah, she pretty much sucks. 

• Love 17
52 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think the difference is that Carole is very happy with her life, and Tinsley seems not to be. And the part about cutting the hair I don't think is because Carole has an issue with long hair, or of someone wearing it at a certain age or for a long time. But about the fact that Tinsley seems stuck in an old life that simply cannot exist. It might not be right, but for many women, change starts with our hair. Not everyone of course, but for many people changing our hair is something we do when we are ready for change in general. Carole has talked about how she felt the need to reinvent herself in certain aspects after Anthony died because that life was no longer available to her. Overall, I thought the advice good, and I liked the way she delivered it. They seem to be moving towards a comfortable friendship in a very organic manner, which I like. 

Tinsley will be, look what she's just gone through. I think Carole is happier now Adam is moving out., that's been over for awhile imho. It took Carole time, Tins will be fine as well.

• Love 2
Just now, jennylauren123 said:

LuAnn didn't handle the night well because she has class or because she is (anywhere near being) a good person. She handled it well because she always wants everyone else to think that her life is better than theirs, that she is the luckiest girl in the world, that she has the man everyone wants, and that she has the life everyone wants. Like Charlie Sheen, she is always WINNING! Yeah, she pretty much sucks. 

The only thing that can save Tom  is to bring back that butterball John. 

ITA! Luann sucks!

• Love 5

I like Tins.  I hope she pulls her life together.  There is definitely some recent trauma that's affecting her.  

I couldn't even feel sorry for LuAnne.  Wearing his wedding ring is like a dog with a collar?  Wow, can't imagine what he's saying off camera.

Ramona is tired. Never understood her appeal.  

Carole should just throw that filthy couch away and buy a new one at Value City.  :-)

Overall, this was a really boring episode but I guess the Mexico trip is going to be epic.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Tinsley's anxiety and stress and claims of not feeling ready all surrounds around her simply not feeling safe.

When you don't feel safe everything is a drain and I think considering what she's been through it's no surprise that she's still out of sorts and unable to get it together enough to find that sense of safety.

I think she's still jittery, still shell shocked and things are still in a haze which is why staying with Sonja (or someone) is a comforting transition for her.

I know staying with Sonja was a production thing but it also serves it's purpose for Tinsley to ease back into her next chapter so I believe her being ansty is genuine and can understand her hesitation with jumping back into a regularly scheduled program of life when she's probably still not 100% centered and settled emotionally.

I'm all about getting passed something and bucking up but considering the physical nature of her circumstances I don't think anyone should be screaming at her to just get over anything.

Also I'm of the logic that just because you are a guest in someone's home that that gives the host complete license to be disrespectful and rude. So far Sonja's grievances are petty. The same way a guest should understand being a guest in someone's home comes with liberty restrictions a host shouldn't offer up accommodations to a friend and then be offended that a person would like to feel reasonably comfortable in the place they are laying their head for however long of a stay. If you can't handle having guests without making them feel like a burden then don't extend the invitation.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
(edited)
18 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

Ramona is tired. Never understood her appeal.  

Carole should just throw that filthy couch away and buy a new one at Value City.  :-)

QFT! Carole could get some pricey tiger-stripe fabric for the sofa (but not the crazy-expensive silk Lee had on it to begin with) at Zarin Fabric and have the place look good for a fraction of the cost of Beff's Bar. 

Since I refuse to watch the show, I have to ask how bad the drapes look with the kittehs' damage. Because I begin to wonder if Carole is going for a latter-day Beale/Bouvier grunge? 

ETA an echo of @MerryMary and @Yours Truly -- Tinsley's story is straight sad.  Hope'n'pray that exposing her life as a HW is the right thing to help her heal and figure it all out.

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Breezy, you know how sensitive these women are about copied hairstyles.  It set Bethenny off on course in the Berkshires that is unequaled in irrationality.

I'm surprised that B didn't go off on Ramona for copying B's Skinnygirl signature pony tail but I guess she wasn't there to notice.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, film noire said:

Ramona, Ramona, Ramona;  you can't wear your hair in a ponytail; you just can't.  Maybe all would not have been lost if you'd ended that sad tail in a bun, a severe Soviet ballet mistress bun -- the mistress who slapped Baryshnikov's ass hard, to make him great (the same way you made your white and white and more white kitchen great) -- that ballet mistress' hand on his ass the thing giving him wings to defect to the USA (where decades later, he whinnied like a nervous filly whenever Sarah Jessica Parker came near his butt in their love scenes).  YES, THAT MIGHT HAVE WORKED. BECAUSE THERE'S A BACKSTORY TO THAT HAIRSTYLE.  Instead, this ponytail of despair. Which you cannot blame on a stylist  (I know it was you, Ramona. You went against the family. And you broke my heart).

Carole: You lecturing a woman to act her age? FIRST, I LAUGH MYSELF TO DEATH. Secondly: this has to be some next-level Banksy-meets performance art shit, because you saying Tins cannot live like a tweenager (dating the same men she dated when she was younger) as you yourself live the life of a tweenager (dating much younger men as you did when you much younger) makes me almost admire you for fucking with my head just that much. Well played, you freak show, well played. Extra points for getting into Tins' hair karma; you rattled her, bitch. RATTLED HER. (She went home and sat in front of the second best bathroom mirror at Sonja's --a portal to The Others -- and stroked her curls and cried.)

Luann: You wear it well, lady, And you will wear it at every party you go to for the next thirty years. But fuck it -- you think you won, so let's go with that. If only because these bitter bitches call you LuMan behind your back, let's go with that.

Sonja: You left Grey Gardens and went to Hoboken. And it made you strangely...bearable to watch; almost charming. (Who is this Sonja?) Still, in the sodium light of old Jersey, I feel Rocco deserves better than you. He's like one of Sinatra's bodyguards back in the day -- rough of tongue, rough of manners, rough of everything - but he was all silk when he let you slide off your admission of whatever the fuck you were admitting. It sounded bad on your end, but he was a Versailles courtier -- all delicacy and etiquette and not pinning you down -- he smoothed it over and moved on, briefly reminding you of a kiss. He's out of your league, sweetheart -- ring a ding ding, as Frank used to say -- call it a day, let Rocco find his bliss and go home, Sonja; Tins is about to summon The Others through that second best mirror.

I seriously needed this today. Laughed so hard I read it twice!!!!

• Love 6

I think Sonja's red lipstick is too severe. And I think she's fine putting Rocco on the back burner until someone moves him to their front burner then she will be pissed and territorial. 

If Bethenny's scene with Frederick was a glimpse inside their new show then get ready for Bethenny to return to RHONY season 10.

2 minutes ago, sadie said:

I seriously needed this today. Laughed so hard I read it twice!!!!

Me too, "ponytail of despair" had me laughing at my desk. Thanks @film noire!

• Love 11

I thought the realtor said she gets more for her money on the UES as opposed to downtown, the West Village, Soho, Tribeca specifically? I was always under the impression that is where the most expensive real estate is. Where all the A-list actors, and the hip, young, beautiful people live.   I also thought the UES is considered where the "older" people live now and it's boring there, no clubs, fewer restaurants, etc. Where am I hearing this? Well, from young people, of course! And the agents on Million Dolllar Listing!  

It is true. UES is older, boring, almost like a suburb, pretty insulated.  West village, soho, TriBeCa are super expensive. The west village tends to have older buildings, walk ups, weird spaces but nice neighborhoods. TriBeCa has a lot of renovated lofts, unique spaces and soho has a lot of shopping and small narrow streets. 

Just look at the housewives and where they live.  Ramona, dorinda and Sonja on the upper east side. Bethany and Carole downtown. 

I wonder why no ones on the upper west side?  That's a nice neighborhood. Still on the quiet side but not as dull as the upper east side. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Moaner's redo?  I liked the hardwood floors.  The rest?  OK, but unmemorable.  At least it was sorta tasteful & nothing tacky like Jillzy did to her place.

Ramona's redo makes her apartment look like a hotel suite or one of those apartments corporations rent for their executives to stay in when they can't get home. Really cold and impersonal.

I would like it if Tinsley cut her hair, think she would look far better, so I was glad that Carole mentioned it as a good first step at reinvention. Generally I'm not a Carole fan, but I thought she was actually giving good advice to Tinsley. That repetition of old patterns would not lead to reinvention, so if that's what she's looking for then she needs to change some things. Cut her hair, get an apartment in a different part of the city, etc. In all of her scenes with Tinsley Carole has come across as genuinely caring and wanting to help Tinsley, which is kind of weird for me because I've never seen Carole as a particularly warm person. She showed Tinsley an apartment in her own building, which to me proves she actually likes her in a real way, not a reality way. If she only 'liked' Tinsley in a reality kind of way she'd never encourage her to move into her building. 

I really hate how everyone is actively trying to sabotage Luann's marriage. I get that Tom may be all the things they say he is and it's totally understandable that they think the marriage is doomed. I've known people who have gotten married and thought to myself (perhaps even expressed it to a close friend or two) that the couple was doomed. Wouldn't make it past a few years, etc. But I didn't actively try to cause strife in their relationship because of that feeling. Ramona, with the egging on of the producers I'm sure, is actively trying to tank Luann and Tom. Not because of any deep caring she has for Luann, but because she hates that Luann might have one jot of happiness when Ramona herself is so very miserable.

Oh and I appreciated that Tinsley acknowledged that $9000 was a lot of money for rent and that even though she could afford it, she wasn't sure she needed that much space, should spend that much money... I think some of that was because she was looking for excuses to not get an apartment on her own just quite yet, but it was nice that she didn't just la-di-da it. She wasn't mentioning the cost as a brag about how much money she had, she seemed to be honestly assessing how much she wanted to spend and how big a space she needed. I contrast that with the way the other women mention price tags on things, which are almost always brags about how much they spent, like Bethenny with her $40,000 bar and the $10,000 moth removal. 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 10
(edited)

Channel-surfing sometime yesterday and came across "Dementia 13" on TCM.  The star is Luana Anders (pictured below).  And she looks like ? ? ? ? ?

(Luana Anders 1938-1996)

LuanaAnders.gif

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1