Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Regency Reunion

• Start Topic

On 6/24/2017 at 3:22 PM, the killer said:

As someone said up thread......Luann seems content with her little motorboat  flying through Peconic Bay off of Shelter Island with the wind in her hair with her daughter and her friends instead of fantasizing about yachts with P Diddy or being one of the bimbos on some rich perverts yacht like Bethenny.

I think the key is that Luann knows who she is and is content with it. Ramona and Sonja don't have a clue and have no self-awareness. Bethenny also knows who she is and that's why she is miserable. The only one who is as self aware as Luann is Dorinda which is why they seem to  be able to be friends.

Bethany was very new money when they married and he seemed to both be trying to bankrupt her of her current cash but also take a piece of the company. So I don't blame her for wanting someone in her tax bracket.

• Love 5
(edited)

NOw she claims she will only date men with private jets. 

Somehow I doubt Luann would date and/or marry a "bagel boy" herself...

she was hung out to dry by her good friend Dorinda, who quite frankly I would have expected her to tell Bethenny to get the hell out of my house after her unleashing on her friend Luann

Well, Dorinda was too busy shouting at Luann (in addition to everyone else) to get out to just focus on Bethenny. Luann among other things made fun of her mom's cake, which to Dorinda was probably just as bad.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6

I don't recall Luann making fun of the cake, just asking was it Dorinda's birthday cake or not. The cake said Happy Birthday but Dorinda said it wasn't a birthday cake. 

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Very interesting. I've written LuAnne off because she so often comes across as a narcissist to Ramona levels,  and her obsession with all things wedding did not help,  but I see your awkward analysis and she is there in her limited way. 

Thank you, I think.  Didn't mean for it to be awkward.

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I don't recall Luann making fun of the cake, just asking was it Dorinda's birthday cake or not. The cake said Happy Birthday but Dorinda said it wasn't a birthday cake. 

She was more making fun of Dorinda. Making fun of the fact that Dorinda insisted it wasn't a birthday cake, when it said "happy birthday". Dorinda was actually very insulted about that. She turned it into someone mocking her mother, who made the cake, and said she would not put up with her mother being mocked. Of course I believe Dorinda - per usual - was drunk. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 12
(edited)

I don't recall Luann making fun of the cake

Dorinda disagreed.

She was more making fun of Dorinda

Well, whether Dorinda, Dorinda's mom, or Dorinda's cake...not a friendly thing to do.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

No.  Bad writing on her part.  Your analysis that SHE is awkward socially. 

Darn it! I hate the predictive writing on this freaking phone. I was anxious to get back to my reading about the new development in the Frankie Happy /ms?/ case.. He's being charged with,  something criminal.      Bad writing on MY part. 

• Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

oShe was more making fun of Dorinda. Making fun of the fact that Dorinda insisted it wasn't a birthday cake, when it said "happy birthday". Dorinda was actually very insulted about that. She turned it into someone mocking her mother, who made the cake, and said she would not put up with her mother being mocked. Of course I believe Dorinda - per usual - was drunk. 

Dorinda in all her drunken splendor-no one was making fun of her mother, or her mother's cake. :  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/episode-9/videos/dorinda-medley-i-cooked-i-decorated-i  And now she is selling T-Shirts/coffee mugs, beach towels with her make it nice slogan.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5
(edited)

Dorinda in all her drunken splendor-no one was making fun of her mother, or her mother's cake

Dorinda thought she was. And Luann was making fun of it. Her non-birthday birthday cake that was sitting right there!

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3

Of course I believe Dorinda - per usual - was drunk. 

I don't know if Dorinda was drunk, since there weren't any subtitles when she was talking lol

• Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I don't know if Dorinda was drunk, since there weren't any subtitles when she was talking lol

So true!

God, I love that scene. Thanks for posting ZM. I had completely forgotten that the non-birthday birthday cake mock by Lu was what started her off on that rant. My favorite part is the way she is swinging that Vodka bottle at the end. If you note Carole takes it away and it looks like she is making a drink. For her or for Dorinda, not sure. But it is funny as hell. 

ETA: I think it was on the Dorinda thread that someone mentioned being up at the Berkshire's a couple of weeks ago and running into someone who had done some work on Dorinda's house. The guy said she is as nice as can be, but every day within an hour of waking up she is making herself a margarita. Gal likes her booze. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Luann said in her special that the guy she was living with was NEVER going to marry her, he was happy dating and playing house but that's as far as it was ever going to go.

So can you really blame her for running off with a man she admits she fell for at first sight, who was offering up marriage and a family?

I don't. 

Ummmm, yes I can. I feel like she owed her boyfriend a conversation along the lines what you've written before she ran off and married someone else. No one thinks Mario's a great guy because he cheated on Moaner with Kasey. I think they're still together. Or that Lu was in the right when she slept with the pirate while she was dating Jacques. Both she and Jacques knew that their relationship was going nowhere, so that makes it OK to fuck pirates. 

Lu could have called the boyfriend or sent a telegram. Even if they weren't forever, it's really fucked up that he came back from a work trip just to find his live in girlfriend gone. Just because the outcome of her transgression was relatively successful doesn't mean her actions weren't callous and terrible.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Ummmm, yes I can. I feel like she owed her boyfriend a conversation along the lines what you've written before she ran off and married someone else. No one thinks Mario's a great guy because he cheated on Moaner with Kasey. I think they're still together. Or that Lu was in the right when she slept with the pirate while she was dating Jacques. Both she and Jacques knew that their relationship was going nowhere, so that makes it OK to fuck pirates. 

Lu could have called the boyfriend or sent a telegram. Even if they weren't forever, it's really fucked up that he came back from a work trip just to find his live in girlfriend gone. Just because the outcome of her transgression was relatively successful doesn't mean her actions weren't callous and terrible.

Amen. You can at least give a guy a heads up. Really, how hard is that? But remember, we are talking about a gal who was proud that when she met her soulmate and went home with him for the first time he was on a date with another woman. This is just who she is. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Did she really mention that she did not even call the guy?

(edited)
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 6:11 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

She was more making fun of Dorinda. Making fun of the fact that Dorinda insisted it wasn't a birthday cake, when it said "happy birthday". Dorinda was actually very insulted about that. She turned it into someone mocking her mother, who made the cake, and said she would not put up with her mother being mocked. Of course I believe Dorinda - per usual - was drunk. 

That cake argument reminds me of this story my brother told me about this circular conversation he had with his 18 month old daughter. It didn't matter how he phrased the question she was never going to do what my brother wanted her to do.

My brother: can you pick up your toy?

Niece: no.

My brother: Do you love daddy?

Niece: Yes.

My brother: Do you want to make daddy happy?

Niece: Yes.

My brother: If you pick up your toy, you will make daddy happy. Will you pick up your toy?

Niece: No.

--------------------------------

Luann: Is your birthday this weekend?

Dorinda: Yes.

Lu: Did your mother bake a cake?

Lu: Does the cake say "Happy Birthday?"

Lu: Are we celebrating your birthday?

Dorinda: No.

Lu: Do birthday cakes typically have "happy birthday" written on them?

Lu: Does the cake that your mother made have "happy birthday" written on it?

Lu: Is it a birthday cake?

Dorinda: No.

Lu: I guess we'll be having this not-birthday cake on your not-birthday.

Dorinda: Don't you DARE talk about Diane Sincala! She is a saint. My mother is a saint. She baked this cake for me to celebrate the anniversary of my birth, which is this weekend. This sainted woman made this cake to celebrate the day of my birth and you people come up here and try to ruin the celebration of the day of my birth.

Lu: sigh I'm going out to smoke.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Did she really mention that she did not even call the guy?

I was trying to find the video clip, but I found someone else's recap that seems to be pretty accurate. So it seems that she cheated on her boyfriend with Alex for about a week. Alex proposed. She accepted. She secretly moved all of her stuff out of the home she shared with her boyfriend. Afterwards, she called her boyfriend to tell him that she was engaged to someone else. So she did call the guy, but it sounds as satisfying and sincere as her shitty apology to Carole for calling her a "pedafile." "Roberto, I'm engaged to another man. Buona fortuna. Ciao!"

http://www.thathousewivesguy.com/blog-rh/2016/6/30/before-they-were-housewives-countess-luann

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
On June 24, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Former Nun said:

In the early 60s I knew a girl who seemed to receive flowers WAY more often than average (what is average)..usually roses.  I mentioned how it sure would be nice if some guys threw some roses my way.  She responded that she just tells guys she goes out with how much getting flowers means to her...and how much she REALLY likes it when they're sent to her office.   Suppose the other women didn't dare mention marriage and Luann laid it on thick (thickly)?

Lol! Kind of like when you're on an interview, so many forget to actually ASK for the job. Lol! Probably Luann just asked for the job while on a date with Tom!

• Love 4
On June 25, 2017 at 6:48 AM, HunterHunted said:

Yes. Her boyfriend of 2 years was out of town for 2 weeks for work. She went to some party and met Alex. By the time her boyfriend got back, Lu had already moved on and married Alex.

Riiiight, Luann's not quite pure as the driven snow when it comes to the Count. I remember a pretty salacious piece on her in Page Six right before her divorce actually. She got REALLY drunk at a nice Hampton's party in front of the Count. Was hitting on a bunch of guys and grabbing some asses :), then she spilled out into the street fighting with the Count. Pretty good stuff :) he fired her--I mean divorced her ;) soon after that. I may be misremembering, but I think she may have even fallen into a fountain ...? Or I could be confusing that part with a bad 80s movie. But in any case, it was a scene, man. The count AND Luann both treated their marriage with very little respect. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, zulualpha said:

I think Tom's remark that his wedding ring was like a dog collar is the kind of thing a person that's playing to his audience says.  Clearly he wasn't going to gush about his marriage to his jilted ex girlfriend.  A slightly disparaging remark went over just fine and may have made her feel a teensy bit better.  Luann may not feel so good about the remark when she sees it but she's seems to be used to glossing over Tom's "faux pas".   It'll be interesting to see how things go with Luanne and Tom in their mysterious relationship.

To me Luanne consistently looks the best of all the women on the show right now including Tinsley who's significantly younger than she is..  Kind of like LVP, Luanne has probably had stuff down to her face but it's not obvious and she still looks very natural.  She has great skin and hair and she keeps herself in shape so she looks good in clothes. 

Actually, if that was his intention behind that comment, then Tom showed a lot of class--and kindness. And probably got himself in trouble for it. 

I really think Luann is the best looking housewife across all franchises. I even show her pic to my hairdresser to copy her cut! Lol. Plus, she usually has the best taste in clothes. Usually. She's actually a bit off her game this season. Sonja also dresses well, even though she probably smells like mothballs. But still, classic is classic no matter how old an outfit is. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I actually think Luann is the best looking housewife across all franchises. I actually show her pic to my hairdresser to copy her cut! Lol. Plus, she usually has the best taste in clothes

I so agree with this. She is naturally beautiful and it doesn't look like she has had to mess around with her face. Her hair is very flattering., and  I also love her classic clothes.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Riiiight, Luann's not quite pure as the driven snow when it comes to the Count. I remember a pretty salacious piece on her in Page Six right before her divorce actually. She got REALLY drunk at a nice Hampton's party in front of the Count. Was hitting on a bunch of guys and grabbing some asses :), then she spilled out into the street fighting with the Count. Pretty good stuff :) he fired her--I mean divorced her ;) soon after that. I may be misremembering, but I think she may have even fallen into a fountain ...? Or I could be confusing that part with a bad 80s movie. But in any case, it was a scene, man. The count AND Luann both treated their marriage with very little respect. 

I remember the story-she was at a wedding and got on stage and started singing.  She allegedly grabbed a guy's crotch and it was supposedly someone Bethenny was dating.  Luann denied the Count beat her up and most of the story.,  Which is kind of sick-that people were so busy licking their lips over possibly juicy gossip no thought about her getting physically abused.  I do believe a certain Ms. Ramona had a hand in this story.  The Count divorced Luann because he had fallen for and gone public with an Ethiopian princess. I always thought the writing was on the wall when Luann moved to NY full time from Gstaad.  count+and+ethiopian+princess.jpg

• Love 7

I think the princess was the last cheat he did that he used as an excuse to get a divorce. I remember Luann actually saying something along the lines of them having an open marriage, then quickly clamming up about it and rewriting and denying. I'm sure he cheated on Luann, but I'm sure she did same. I don't think either of them was more wronged by the other. The public princess thing was a nasty low blow. Very déclassé -TM ramoner. But who knows the reason for such an angry public swat. In any case, uncool as they have kids, and loved each other once...

• Love 3

The count has really good taste in women. Both are beautiful.

I have to agree that Luann is one of the prettiest woman of any franchise.  Cynthia and Kenya are more my speed.

Cynthia in particular just won't quit being stunning.

To get back to Tom, he just seems to ease in his new status. He was a bachelor for so long, it has to be a huge adjustment.

He will learn quick, imo.

• Love 4

That wasn't Luann being hyperbolic, that was just being tacky. I guess she skipped the etiquette chapter on telling your current live-in you're trading him in for someone else...

• Love 7

Sonja also dresses well, even though she probably smells like mothballs.

Hee. I remember her wearing a "dated" denim jumpsuit a few seasons back, and rockin' the shit out of it. (And, of course a year or so later, jumpsuits were everywhere.)

I find Sonja making do with what she's got far more endearing - and real - than a certain HW having her shots blocked so as her bag can be seen throughout the scene.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, BBHN said:

That wasn't Luann being hyperbolic, that was just being tacky. I guess she skipped the etiquette chapter on telling your current live-in you're trading him in for someone else...

He was out of town and this was way before cell phones. and she did call him once he was back home.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yes but I'm guessing he had access to a phone where he was, and I'm guessing she had access to a phone where she was, so...

We don't know what he had access to, we don't even know where he went or why. LOL

• Love 3

We don't know what he had access to, we don't even know where he went or why. LOL

I'm guessing it wasn't camping in Timbuktu. LOL

And she could have given him the courtesy of a face-to-face dumping when he came back, but I guess that was too much effort. LOL

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I'm guessing it wasn't camping in Timbuktu. LOL

And she could have given him the courtesy of a face-to-face dumping when he came back, but I guess that was too much effort. LOL

By the time he got back, Luann was out of town, so it would not have been possible for a face to face. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, she certainly didn't waste any time, did she? How convenient for her she was out of town.

Countess Classic Etiquette Rule # 53: When you want to avoid a face-to-face break up with your live-in lover, make sure you are out town with your new live-in lover...er, soulmate. It makes things less messy, darlings!

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I was trying to find the video clip, but I found someone else's recap that seems to be pretty accurate. So it seems that she cheated on her boyfriend with Alex for about a week. Alex proposed. She accepted. She secretly moved all of her stuff out of the home she shared with her boyfriend. Afterwards, she called her boyfriend to tell him that she was engaged to someone else. So she did call the guy, but it sounds as satisfying and sincere as her shitty apology to Carole for calling her a "pedafile." "Roberto, I'm engaged to another man. Buona fortuna. Ciao!"

I remember being really put off by this story when I watched her special. The way she told it, she was just laughing like it was so cute and romantic - how fast she fell for the Count. Never mind the dude she left in her wake. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I remember being really put off by this story when I watched her special. The way she told it, she was just laughing like it was so cute and romantic - how fast she fell for the Count. Never mind the dude she left in her wake. 

Her adaptability and sense of adventure is great and even admirable, but I think this is why she can come across as callous and lacking in empathy. Not everyone moves past things as quickly as she does. I thought, even with the phone call, Roberto is coming home to a half empty house, his former girlfriend has told him she's engaged to someone else, and I'm sure he was wondering how long she'd been cheating on him.

• Love 6

Let's hope tonight's episode gives us something to talk about other than Luann, her marriage, her last marriage and Tom's muttered asides.

Maybe Carole or Bethenny will do something interesting. Nah. Why start now.

• Love 3

I thought, even with the phone call, Roberto is coming home to a half empty house, his former girlfriend has told him she's engaged to someone else, and I'm sure he was wondering how long she'd been cheating on him.

Even stranger, if she called him after he came back to their home...wouldn't he have been a little worried about her and wondering why all her stuff was gone? Wondering what happened to her? Did she at least leave him a note saying she would call him later with more details?

Maybe Carole or Bethenny will do something interesting. Nah. Why start now

Well, we spent something like 10 pages worth of discussion on whether or not Carole knew about lavender being used in food. Don't worry, as long as she is eating crackers, people will find something to discus...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Even stranger, if she called him after he came back to their home...wouldn't he have been a little worried about her and wondering why all her stuff was gone? Wondering what happened to her? Did she at least leave him a note saying she would call him later with more details?

Well, we spent something like 10 pages worth of discussion on whether or not Carole knew about lavender being used in food. Don't worry, as long as she is eating crackers, people will find something to discus...

LMAO!!!!

• Love 2
On June 22, 2017 at 3:02 PM, the killer said:

I really hate that the Real Housewives want to force politics on our mindless entertainment.

Stick to the sexual politics please.

I actually like it because they sound like morons and I enjoy laughing at them. 

• Love 2

Harry Dubin was at Luann's wedding:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/blogs/dorinda-medley/dorinda-medley-why-was-missy  I agree with Dorinda Harry behaved like an asshole.  These people are so totally inappropriate.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, the killer said:

Let's hope tonight's episode gives us something to talk about other than Luann, her marriage, her last marriage and Tom's muttered asides.

Maybe Carole or Bethenny will do something interesting. Nah. Why start now.

Just for you The Killer  a scene from tonight and Bethenny and Carole are having a good time.  http://www.eonline.com/ca/news/863769/dorinda-medley-has-a-new-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-tirade-catchphrase-and-you-re-going-to-love-it

On 6/28/2017 at 2:30 PM, zoeysmom said:

Harry Dubin was at Luann's wedding:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/blogs/dorinda-medley/dorinda-medley-why-was-missy  I agree with Dorinda Harry behaved like an asshole.  These people are so totally inappropriate.

Just for you The Killer  a scene from tonight and Bethenny and Carole are having a good time.  http://www.eonline.com/ca/news/863769/dorinda-medley-has-a-new-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-tirade-catchphrase-and-you-re-going-to-love-it

Thank you for posting that clip. As often as I have watched it on my tv. I hadn't caught that Dorinda tells Sonja that she fucked her way to the middle. Yet another layer added to my amusement. It would seem that B gave a blow by blow to at least Dorinda of her fight with Ramona.

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @LISIN, @ONCESANE, @MYA STONE, @AETHERA.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.