Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Regency Reunion

• Start Topic

So, IMO, Harry was expecting a quickie with Sonja, since he asked about her as soon as he got there, and, when it became obvious that wasn't going to happen he was going to leech onto anyone who would have him.  Ewww.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Duke2801 said:

Wait. Did Tinsley just spill some tea that Kelly Bensimmon ALSO used to ride the Harry Dubin Love Train? 

Yes, Tinsley said that. Harry gets around as much as Tom, apparently.

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, Michichick said:

Who is Mindy? I thought Tom's ex was Missy.

When she first aired a few of us thought her name was "Mindy". Now we're stuck. Once a Mindy, always a Mindy.

Edited by steelcitysister
BEC -- Bitch Eating Comma
  • Love 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Who is Mindy? I thought Tom's ex was Missy.

It's Missy? LOL! I've also been calling that Barbra K women Linda for the last several episodes. Hopefully, I'll get use to saying Missy by the next episode or at least by the end of the season.

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 4

Ramona's hair didn't bother me as much as the too-tight dress and the stylish-but-ugly (IMO) black hoof booties.

Watching Sonja and Rocco was hysterical!!!  Rocco seems like such a good guy gentleman.

Tinsley needs to get her own place.  $9000 a month???  Yikes!

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Ro had to wear her hair up in a pony tail to keep it out of her face because she just can't stop beating Tom's past to death.  Enough.  I guess we can put the ex into the same category as Harry.  No shame to look foolish cause you got some TV time.

Very little Beth.  Thank you.  Well, except we had to hear that foul mouth trying to be funny with Fredrick.

I thought the Sonja scenes were boring.  They could have cut them in half.

Note to Tinsley:  Carole was right.  You need to cut your hair and do something about the color.  Both you and Ro are stuck in a time warp and it isn't flattering.

Ro's apartment looked nice but not particularly my style.

Breezy, you know how sensitive these women are about copied hairstyles.  It set Bethenny off on course in the Berkshires that is unequaled in irrationality.

• Love 13
(edited)

Seeing Missy seemed to clear up a lot.  Not that I think Tom is a "prize" but Missy did seem to be a bit jealous and competitive.  (With sleezy Harry egging her on).  But, maybe, justified in feeling a bit salty at Tom and Luanne since Lu "snatched" him up from under her nose.  So, obviously Ramona's new best friend and "source".  But even she refused to get sucked in too far.  She seemed to appreciate the exposure (and chance to poke Tom and Luanne) at Moaner's contrived smear Tom lunch, but you could see her lose her nerve (or desire to go too far) when  Harry pushed her to spill tonight.   Luanne certainly hustled herself and Tom out of there quickly as soon as she saw what Ramona was up to.

I'm convinced Moaner hunted Missy down in an effort to verify the story she was shopping last season: that Luanne literally walked up to Tom at a bar and within minutes "stole" him from the woman he was dating.  Moaner trotting out Missy this season to say she learned she and Tom were no longer dating and he was with Luanne by "walking on to them in a bar" seems a little too coinicential ... like Moaner wanted to bring the receipts.

Also Sonja, Tom is not your "ex" for God's sake?!!?  Four (likely desperate)!hookups in ten years does not an ex make.  

There are no words for Roman's ridiculous get-up and styling tonight.  (Or her ridiculousness in general!)

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 15

Ramona with that pony, hiked up boobs, desperate hyper fun act, hanging with kiddos, is giving me Mariah Carey teas. She can't hand out popscicles on TRL, maybe she can go on WWHL and give Andy a Klondike bar. 

• Love 17
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Yes, Tinsley said that. Harry gets around as much as Tom, apparently.

At least with Harry Dubin, it was never any big secret.  Whereas with Tom, it's constant denial and deflection.

I have never seen anyone so desperate to get married as LuAnn.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 19
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Ramona with that pony, hiked up boobs, desperate hyper fun act, and hanging with kiddos, and wannabe sexy act is giving me Mariah Carey teas. She can't hand out popscicles on TRL, maybe she can go on WWHL and give Andy a Klondike bar. 

Don't give her any ideas. I already heard that the next episode will feature a 10-minute tour of her redone crib. She'll conduct said tour wearing a corset and marabou-trimmed robe, then dip into a bubble bath with a glass of Ramona Pinot Grigio. 

And on on that note... geez, this was a real estate-heavy ep.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, ichbin said:

His charm is not translating well on the TV screen.  

Tom just seems very uncomfortable - I think he's constantly on the lookout for a former paramour popping out of a closet wherever they're socializing.  I can kind of feel a little sorry for him (just a little...because I do think he is going to break Luann's heart at some point, and I like Luann).

Also, I would imagine that when their mics weren't on, Luann could have been giving him an earful.  She did her best, but that phony smile looked painful! 

• Love 13

You know they don't have much of a season when so much time is spent on Ramona, ill-advisedly, slicking back her hair into a ponytail and putting on that outfit like she was about to be on Lip Sync Battle doing a Beyonce or Ariana Grande number.

• Love 18

Is it possible to actually be traumatized by someone else's hair? I think I am by Ramona's.  Those dry, nasty, thin ends in that ponytail? Lord girl, have you completely run out of money? 

Do you guys remember a few seasons ago when she would talk about her blowouts? All freaked out about messing up her hair because she had just had one? I think that was the season she ran around with that big roller. I mocked her relentlessly because I mange to wash and blowout my own hair everyday. Every. Fucking. Day. And quite nicely I might add. Now I feel bad for the mocking, as clearly she really cannot manage her own hair. I pray she has the sense to be at least marginally embarrassed.  

3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I really like Rocco - I liked him last season, at Sonja's dinner party, too.  I think he's genuine, and I think he sincerely cares for Sonja, unlike Frenchie, who just seems to want to be on American TV.

I like him as well.  Can someone help me out here? I might have missed something last week. Has she slept with Rocco but just not kissed him, or not slept with him at all? 

• Love 17
(edited)

Ramona is on WWHL tonight, can't wait to hear if she defends her stupid hair and outfit.

edit: they did a poll about her hair and viewers overwhelmingly voted "no." Ramona took it surprisingly well.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Does Tom even like Luann? What an asshole!

Exactly. Didn't he watch the show last season? He needs to work harder to appear as different from the guy he was rumored to be last year as possible, if he wants to aid Lu in her fantasy that he is the marrying kind. As the same time, Lu and Tom need to start hoping Harry shows up in every scene. Harry actually makes Tom look like a passable option. 

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Sometimes, Tinsley seems to dress like she is on Little House on the Prairie. Lots of ruffles on her tops.

Part of Tinsley's initial appeal for the socialite set was that she wasn't typically New York. She was known for pastels, ruffles, very feminine style, and big blonde curls. 

1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

I was torn watching the scene of Carole and Dorinda at the march. I was there that day (it was soooo cold! And more people than the city anticipated. Enough so that when the march finally got underway, we were just crowding all streets with no particular march route set), and seeing some of the signs the editors chose to display made me remember that there were also other signs pointing out the overwhelming whiteness of the march (from white women and WOC/black women alike). In any case, it was a day for the record books, and I'm glad that Carole and Dorinda made the trip.

One of my favorite stories of the Women's March is that Jill Zarin attended the Inaugural Ball and bragged about how close she was to the Trumps and also attended the Women's March.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/22/hypocritical-marchers-party-at-inaugural-events/

Ramona and Harry would really make an amazing couple.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

Does Tom even like Luann? What an asshole!

I just want to clarify- even if Tom likes Luann, he's still an asshole.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 21
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Is it possible to actually be traumatized by someone else's hair? I think I am by Ramona's.  Those dry, nasty, thin ends in that ponytail? Lord girl, have you completely run out of money? 

Do you guys remember a few seasons ago when she would talk about her blowouts? All freaked out about messing up her hair because she had just had one? I think that was the season she ran around with that big roller. I mocked her relentlessly because I mange to wash and blowout my own hair everyday. Every. Fucking. Day. And quite nicely I might add. Now I feel bad for the mocking, as clearly she really cannot manage her own hair. I pray she has the sense to be at least marginally embarrassed.  

I like him as well.  Can someone help me out here? I might have missed something last week. Has she slept with Rocco but just not kissed him, or not slept with him at all? 

I think that was the season that Ramona shoved the oar and threw the acrylic wine glass at Kristen in the Berkshires.  Back when Ramona actually seemed to be embracing her age gracefully, unlike now, where she's trying too hard to look and act young and hip.

Also, I think that Ramona needs a hair cut back to the above-the-shoulder bob she used to wear.  I think her hair got damaged from the extensions she was wearing last season.  Her hair looks very unhealthy. 

• Love 21
(edited)
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Also, I think that Ramona needs a hair cut back to the above-the-shoulder bob she used to wear.  I think her hair got damaged from the extensions she was wearing last season.  Her hair looks very unhealthy. 

I agree.  

She is in WWHL and her hair is longer than I have ever seen it. Like Kyle Richards long. But not Kyle Richards lush and healthy, although she must have gotten a blowout. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8
(edited)

Yeah, Ramona's hair is very thin. That high ponytail did her no favors. She could probably do with a three- or four-inch trim to do away with those split ends that hung so limply in that ponytail. 

I also want to say that Ramona is not nearly as slick as her edges were for this party. Inviting Tom and Harry and all the women they've had adult fun with then acting as though it was all so coincidental made me roll my eyes. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 18

Ramona's hair...is it possible that her unfortunate choice of 'do had something to do with what appeared to be a lack of extensions.  It looked like something wasn't working out, or her stylist didn't show up,  and she decided to pull it up because it looked bad and she couldn't do anything else before the cameras started rolling.  

I feel sorry for her...to an extent.  She's now in her 60's.  The world doesn't stop reminding her she's old despite how she may feel.  Her husband of many years was cheating on her, resulting in divorce.  I get the feeling she's always grasping...and missing.  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Ramona's hair...is it possible that her unfortunate choice of 'do had something to do with what appeared to be a lack of extensions.  It looked like something wasn't working out, or her stylist didn't show up,  and she decided to pull it up because it looked bad and she couldn't do anything else before the cameras started rolling.  

I feel sorry for her...to an extent.  She's now in her 60's.  The world doesn't stop reminding her she's old despite how she may feel.  Her husband of many years was cheating on her, resulting in divorce.  I get the feeling she's always grasping...and missing.  

By jove, your post may be impetus for the TruRenewal Natural Hair Wigs Collection! It actually makes sense --  Moaner could be the force behind some decent natural (or hi-end synthetic) wigs and she might do quite well. Hell, Raquel Welch and Joan Collins both sell wigs -- it's a business move with real possibilities if Moaner could just accept that she's neither young nor a hot sexpot.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Did Sonja say that Edgar has a hotel and restaurants in Paris? No Sonja, Edgar works in those places. He doesn't own anything as far as I can see. But then Sonja has an international lifestyle brand and a soccer team, so what do I know? I did laugh at her attempt to tell Rocco that Edgar is living with her. I don't think she got past Frenchie being a one night stand. 

What do you expect this is S.T.A.M. Sonja Tremont (Adams) Morgan?!?!? Sonja "Trump Advisor" Morgan?!?!? Sonja "Two-faced Asshole" Morgan. That's the one.

• Love 5

Ramona was on WWHL. She still won't admit or apologize for trashing Dorinda's bedroom. She looked a hell of a look better without the ponytail and S&M outfit. Something like 80% of the poll taken didn't like the ponytail. 

There was an actress named Jackie Hoffman on, she was hysterical. She played Mamacita on Feud: Joan and Bette. Andy's mom and her bridge group ladies were on also. Too funny. 

• Love 11

Ro on WWHL tonight:  Her hair looked good for Ro.  It would have looked great if it was about a foot shorter.  It's funny how some of these women think that longer hair makes them look younger while the reality is there are so many younger women who have cut their hair because that is stylish now.  I could make a list but I think everyone can easily think of examples.  Taylor Swift......

It was kind of funny that Carole told Tinsley to cut her hair (she was right) but at the same time Carole kept her long hair until recently.  At least Carole wasn't doing the bleached blond.

On another note, and I hate to criticized God given physical looks, Tinsley has really weird eyebrows.  They don't curve down at the sides.  I find it distracting.  It's really apparent in her mug shot.  Her mother doesn't have that look.  Bad Breezy.

• Love 9